my classroom英语作文文 room wanted

1. In England. 2. To make room for a big red American car to pass.3. A man. 4. He called the police. 5. The police. (答案不唯一)
请选择年级七年级八年级九年级请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:初中英语
来源:湖北省中考真题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。&&&& Yang Cangxu has recently become hot on the Internet. He is considered as a hero, and known as"A Professional Life Saviour", because he has saved 24 people's lives during the past 26 yeasrs.Yang, a typical Chinese farmer, lives in Baoji, Shanxi Province. He is good at swimming, which is also his favorite.When he was young, he joined the army. ① The life in the army had a great influence on him. It also helped to form one of his characters(性格) --being ready to help others.&&&& Just seven to eight meters away from his home flows a channel(水渠). The water is very deep and flows fast. There is a bridge over the channel. Walking across the bridge is not an easy thing. From time to time, people fall into the water. If this happens, the person must be rescued in time. ② Otherwise, he or she will be washed away by the water.&&&& ③ Yang Cangxu is always the first one to rush to the channel to save the drowning person. We must learn from him. 1. 将①处翻译成汉语。&&&& _________________________________________________ 2. 根据②处内容,完成下面的句子。(每空一词)&&& Otherwise,&the&water&will&_____ him or her _____.3. 根据③处内容,其将改为定语从句。(每空一词)&&& Yang&Cangxu&is&always&the&first&one&_____&&_____&to&th&e channel&to&save&the&drowning&person.
来源:同步题
阅读理解。根据短文内容用适当的单词完成下面句子。Dear Mike,&&&& We got your letter yesterday. Yes, we can visit you at Christmas. We thought to spend (度)Christmas& at home, but now we are going to be with you. Jack will not be in school then.&&&&&&&& The weather in Chicago is cold, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes we like the snow. &&&& We got our plane tickets. We will get to your city on the 18 th. We will stay with you for two weeks. &Is that all right with you?&&&& We'll &take our favourite recipes (食谱), so we can have a nice Christmas dinner. &&&& See you soon. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &Love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &Mum and Dad1. In Chicago, it is _____ now. 2. Mike has a brother called _____&.He is in school now. 3. Mike's parents will go to his city by _____&.4. His parents will come back on _____&31 st. 5. Mike and his parents will _____&a nice dinner on Christmas Day.
阅读理解Dear Mike,&&&&We got your letter yesterday. Yes, we can visit you at Christmas. We thought to spend(度) Christmasat home, but now we are going to be with you. Jack will not be in school then.&&&&The weather in Chicago is cold, but it doesn't matter. Sometimes we like the snow.&&&&We got our plane tickets. We will get to your city on the 18 th. We will stay with you for two weeks. Isthat all right with you?&&&&We'll take our favourite recipes(食谱), so we can have a nice Christmas dinner.&&&&See you soon.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&Mum and Dad根据短文内容用适当的单词完成下面句子:1. In Chicago, it is __________ now.2. Mike has a brother called __________. He is in school now.3. Mike's parents will go to his city by __________.4. His parents will come back on __________ 31st.5. Mike and his parents will __________ a&nice dinner on Christmas Day.
来源:江苏月考题
阅读理解。&&&& As the sun rose, a dewdrop (露珠) woke up.& There it sat on a leaf, catching the sunlight. Proud of its simple beauty, &it was very happy.& Around it were other dewdrops, &some on the same leaf and some on other leaves. The dewdrop was sure that it was the best, the most special dewdrop of them all.&&&& Ah, it was good to be a dewdrop.&&&& The& wind& blew& and& the plant began to shake,& tipping &(使倾斜)& the leaf . The& dewdrop &became frightened as it started to move towards the edge (边缘)of the leaf. Why was this happening? Things were comfortable. Things were safe. Why did they have to change? Why? Why?&&&& The dewdrop& reached& the edge of th e leaf.& It was sure that this was the end.& The day had only just begun and the end had come so quickly. It seemed so unfair. It seemed so meaningless. It tried hard to do whatever it could to stay on the leaf, but it was no use.&&&& Finally, it fell. Below there was a mirror. A reflection of the dewdrop seemed to be coming up to meetit.&&Closer and closer they came together until finally.., the small dewdrop became a part of the great pond (池塘). Now the dewdrop was no more, but it was not destroyed.&&&&& It had become one with the whole.1. According to Paragraph 1, we know that the dewdrop _____. A. didn't get on well with other dewdrops B. thought its beauty was too simple C. couldn't get any sunlight D. thought itself as the best dewdrop2. The dewdrop became _____ as it started to move towards the edge of the leaf. A. scared B. happyC. proudD. comfortable 3. Which of the following is TRUE according to the story? A. There was only one dewdrop on the leaf. B. The dewdrop did nothing before falling. C. The mirror in the story refers to the pond.D. The dewdrop was actually destroyed. 4. What does the underlined word "reflection" mean?A. 反映B. 考虑C. 沉思D. 倒影5. The story mainly tells us that _____. A. we should work together against difficultiesB. people should not be too proud of themselvesC. one should work hard for his/her goalsD. it's good to become one with the whole
阅读理解。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Mascota(吉祥物)for the Olympic Games
1. From the information above, we know the Olympic Games is held every _____&years.
A. 3B. 4 &C. 5
2. The mascots for Beijing Olympic Games are 2 more than those for _____ Olympic Games.
A. Sydney B. Los Angeles C. Atlanta
3. The mascot for the_____Olympic Games was the first Olympic mascot in Olympic history.
A. 1996 MunichB. 1984 BeijingC. 1972 Munich
4.The 23rd and 26th Olympic Games were held in the same _____.
A. townB. cityC. country
5. Which of the following information is NOT true?
A. The 1996 Olympic Games was held in America.B. The 27th Olympic Games was held in Europe.C. Beijing is getting ready for the 29th Olympic Games.关于五一计划的英语作文30词_百度知道
关于五一计划的英语作文30词
Today is Labor Day I wanted sleepy of the problems may depend on how in bed together after a while do not want to mother and father ran hastily from which my father said He Shan and I want your mother to buy a big market Guangcai furniture at home idle you nothing you do for a long time on the work you did not clean your room on ah finished cleaning your room left.   Father&s work, then how can pyronaridine I do not sound lazy to climb up to wash clothes brush 旦耿测际爻宦诧为超力it started cleaning the garbage I have to say about a good clean-up to blame the sorry though I am a girl but the room was indeed a public In fact, the landfill vice table I put things out of the room to have a short while into the living room sofa table are filled with things I used Then I put the cloth to clean the table a second time to I have lived for half a table wiping the sweat as well as silk, such as rain fell like a short while, after all, summer is coming so hot on my hand wiped sweat not continue to the table that I am now seriously discredited it So the every corner of the floor had become dirty clean call me a bum sitting on the bed followed by breathing only clean up the garbage on the line out of the room worked hard in my finally clean.  Although I am very tired but neat room, I watched very happy! The Holiday of Labor's DayI spent this holiday very quick, on the 1st May, we went to the Zoo, there were crowded there, so many travelers coming from all over the country to have some fun during the holidays.On 2nd May, I visited my relatives with my parents, we had a great lunch together, the resturant were crowded as well.On 3rd May, we went to shopping in the mall, after the shopping we went to watch a new movie. All the other days leftI didn't go anywhere, no only becasue I still have some homework,but also there were almost all crowded in everywhere
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁2014年中考英语作文50篇(带翻译)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
2014年中考英语作文50篇(带翻译)
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
你可能喜欢小题1:B小题1:C小题1:C小题1:A小题1:B文章没有直接说是什么天气,但是从第三段的句子:“Winds reaching nearly 100 miles an hour passed through our town this morning.可以判断是飓风。小题1:C 细节题:从第一段的句子:which was dark except for a single candlelight.可以看出是停电了。小题1:C 推理题:从倒数第三段的句子:Paige’s father noted.As he read the remaining letters he began to laugh.看出家人是轻松了。小题1:A推理题:从文章的最后句子“It says “rain”,”Paige said. “That’s appropriate for a day like today!”看出,邮箱上写着家庭的姓,只有rain,那可能他们的姓是rain。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项。Nowadays, a hospital always manages to keep its beds full. This is good on the one hand, and it’s bad on &&36&&hand.One day, I went to see a sick friend at the hospital. I first went to the &&37&&desk, where I could get a permit to visit the patient.&&38&&I could ask which room my friend was in, the lady set down my name, age, filled out a form and &&39&&a bell. I was just about to tell her what I was coming for when two men arrived with a wheelchair, &&40 &&me in it and pushed me down the hall.“I’m not &&41&,” I shouted. “I’m just looking for a friend.”“When he comes,” one man said, “we’ll &&42&&him up to your room.”In a minute I &&43&&myself in a small room. In no time they undressed me and covered some other things &&44&&me. One man said “If you need anything, press the button.”“I want to get my &&45&&&back.” I begged.“Oh, you can &&46&&&&us,” a voice said, “Even if the &&47&&happens, we will see that your wife will get everything.” They left and locked the door &&48&&&them.I was trying to think of how to escape by the door when Dr. Ward came in with several of his &&49&.“Thank God you finally came,” I said.“It hurts that badly?” he asked.“No, on the contrary, I am not ill &&50&.”Dr. Ward looked &&51&. “If you don’t feel any pain, that means it’s much more &&52&&than we expected.” Then he turned to his students: “This is the most difficult kind of patient to deal with because he refuses to &&53&&that he is ill. __54__ he won’t tell us where it hurts, he will never be well again until we find the hurt out for &&55&&by doing exploratory surgery (手术探查) .”小题1:A.anotherB.the otherC.otherD.others小题2:A.meetingB.officeC.informationD.medicine小题3:A.BeforeB.After C.WhileD.When小题4:A.beatB.struckC.rangD.took小题5:A.pushedB.placedC.pulledD.invited小题6:A.wellB.sickC.goodD.healthy小题7:A.commandB.carryC.orderD.send小题8:A.feltB.realizedC.foundD.understood小题9:A.onB.fromC.upD.to小题10:A.moneyB.clothesC.friendD.form小题11:A.upsetB.expectC.wonderD.believe小题12:A.bestB.hardestC.worstD.easiest小题13:A.behindB.beforeC.besideD.by小题14:A.friendsB.students C.relativesD.teachers小题15:A.at allB.in allC.after allD.above all小题16:A.excitedB.worriedC.satisfiedD.surprised小题17:A.interestingB.comfortableC.seriousD.pleasant小题18:A.addB.settle C.concernD.recognize小题19:A.BeforeB.SinceC.WhenD.As soon as小题20:A.himselfB.themselvesC.ourselvesD.yourselves
Hot words on the Internet don’t stay hot for long. “Geili” and “Fuyun”, last year’s biggest creations, are actually ____36____ on Internet now. What’s popular now is “hold steady”.The term(术语)comes from the very Taiwanese TV show ____37___ includes Miss Lin (Xie Yilin) giving a lecture on how to ____38___ like a fashion queen at parties or on the bus. Although the lecture is mainly a mockery(嘲笑)of the fashion world, ____39____ Miss Lin makes a point: We need to hold steady in pressure-filled or embarrassing situations. ____40___ steady is one of the qualities the public has been ____41____ lately ____42___ pressures on marriage, work and money can easily drive people crazy.The quality was ____43____ by a girl named Su Miaoling this year, who ____44___ in the TV singing competition “Super Girl”. ____45____ herself with confidence on stage, she kept ____46____ when others got anxious.“I like your poise(淡定). Very few people on this stage can keep calm like you do,” said one of the show’s judges, Hu Haiquan, to Su. Internet users named Su “Sister Poise”.Poise is also appreciated in Western culture as an essential quality of a ____47____ person. Each year, the National League of Junior Cotillions of the US releases a list of the Ten Best Mannered People. Kate Middleton was ____48____ as the one of the Ten Best Mannered People for the way ____49____ she showed herself in the public. The Duchess of Cambridge was also appreciated ____50____ this year for her remarkable poise at the royal wedding. That is good news for many because she has prove ____51____ true that poise is not born, but it can be got with a bit of ____52____. About-, a foreign website on personal growth guidance, gives ____53___ on how to stay poised.“Take a few deep breaths when you are facing a situation that practise yoga ____54___; say to yourself “I choose to be calm in any situation”; write down your encouragement daily to ____55____ the goal,” reads the site.小题1:A.fashionableB.outdatedC.hotD.popular小题2:A.whichB.whereC.thatD.who小题3:A.soundB.feelC.lookD.act小题4:A.yetB.howeverC.butD.and小题5:A.HeldB.HoldC.HoldingD.Being held小题6:A.looking forB.looking back onC.looking atD.looking down小题7:A.asB.soC.withD.though小题8:A.explainedB.exhibitedC.equippedD.exchanged小题9:A.turned downB.turned aroundC.turned onD.turned up小题10:A.TakingB.GivingC.CarryingD.Earning小题11:A.nervousB.upsetC.frightenedD.cool小题12:A.well-behavedB.well-organizedC.well-doneD.well-balanced小题13:A.calledB.electedC.choseD.selected小题14:A.whichB.in thatC.howD.in which小题15:A.earlyB.earlierC.earliestD.former小题16:A.thatB.whatC.itD.this小题17:A.effectB.effortC.affectD.afford小题18:A.advicesB.lecturesC.tipsD.courses小题19:A.regularlyB.commonlyC.usuallyD.normally小题20:A.setB.makeC.haveD.achieve
阅读下面的短文,掌握其大意, 然后从1-15各题所给出的A、B、C、D项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。Once a young man was in deep love with a girl. This man folded 1,000 pieces of paper cranes (纸鹤) as a gift to his girl. Although he was a small branch manager in a company, and his __1__ didn’t seem too bright, they were very __2__ together until one day, his girl told him she was going to Paris and would never come back. She also told him that she couldn’t see any future for both of them, “so let’s go our own __3__ from now on…” The young man was __4__, but he agreed. When he regained his __5__, he worked hard day and night, just to make something out of himself. Finally with all the __6__ work, this man set up his own __7__.One rainy day, while this man was __8__, he saw an elderly couple sharing an umbrella in the rain, walking to somewhere. He __9__ that they were his ex-girlfriend’s (前女友)parents, so he drove slowly beside the couple, wanting them to find him in his expensive car and to know that he had his own company, car, etc.To the man’s surprise, the couple were walking towards a cemetery (墓地). He got out of his car and followed them. And there he saw his ex-girlfriend — a photograph of her __10__ as sweetly as ever at him from her tombstone, and those precious paper cranes in a glass bottle! He walked over and asked the couple why this had happened. They explained that __11__ she did not leave for France at all. She fell ill with cancer. In her heart, she had believed that he would __12__ some day. She didn’t not want her __13__ to be his barrier(障碍). Therefore, she chose to leave him. She asked her __14__ to put his paper cranes beside her, because if the day comes when fate brings him to her again he can take some of those back with him.The man just cried __15__. He was heartbroken once again.1. A. appearanceB. futureC. salary&&D. apartment2. A. happy B. pleasantC. worriedD. sensitive3. A. futuresB. goalsC. waysD. courses4. A. excited&&B. madC. heartbroken&&&&D. puzzling5. A. position&B. confidenceC. independenceD. freedom6. A. main&B. beautifulC. hard D. heavy7. A. office&&&B. familyC. studioD. company8. A. running&&B. drivingC. walking&D. wandering9. A.
recognized&&B. noticedC. understood&&D. memorized10. A. glaringB. talking&C. smilingD. crying11. A. fortunately&&&B. recentlyC. difficultly&&&&D. actually12. A.
come&&B. makeC. suffer&D. succeed13. A.
illness&&B. heartC. cranesD. sadness14. A. husband&B. parentsC. friendsD. son15. A.
heatedly&&B. hardlyC. sadly&&&&&&D. excitedly
Woz and I started Apple in my parents garage when I was 20. We worked hard, and in 10 years Apple had ___36____ from just the two of us in a ___37____ into a $2 billion company with over 4000 employees. We had just ___38___ our finest creation - the Macintosh - a year earlier, and I had just turned 30. And then I got fired. How can you get fired from a company you ___39___? Well, as Apple grew we ___40___ someone who I thought was very talented to ___41___ the company with me, and for the first year or so things went well. But then our visions of the future began to diverge (分歧) and ___42___ we had a falling out. When we did, our Board of Directors ___43___with him. So at 30 I was out. And very publicly out. ___44___ had been the focus of my entire adult life was gone, and it was devastating(毁灭性的). I really didn’t know what to do for a few months. I met with David Packard and Bob Noyce and tried to ___45___ for screwing up so badly. I was a very public failure, and I even thought about running away from the valley. But something slowly began to ___46___ on me - I still loved what I did. The turn of events at Apple had not changed that one bit. I had been ___47___, but I was still in love. And so I decided to start over. I didn’t see it then, but it ___48___ that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the ___49___ of being a ___50____ again, less sure about everything. It freed me to ___51___ one of the most creative periods of my life. I’m pretty sure __52___ of this would have happened if I hadn’t been fired from Apple. It was ___53___ tasting medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Don’t lose ___54___. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t ___55___. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. So keep looking until you find it.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&-By Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computer小题1:A.grownB.begunC.removedD.kept小题2:A.bedroomB.farmC.garageD.kitchen小题3:A.announcedB.declaredC.releasedD.coped小题4:A.managedB.startedC.installedD.entitled小题5:A.providedB.sortedC.promotedD.hired小题6:A.runB.involveC.openD.engage小题7:A.instantlyB.constantlyC.eventuallyD.frequently小题8:A.riskedB.supportedC.pleasedD.sided小题9:A.WhichB.WhatC.WhicheverD.Whatever小题10:A.apologizeB.revealC.headD.stand小题11:A.implyB.putC.impressD.dawn小题12:A.resistedB.rejectedC.solvedD.interrupted小题13:A.made outB.come outC.turned outD.tried out小题14:A.darknessB.lightnessC.carelessnessD.business小题15:A.waiterB.pioneerC.beginnerD.visitor小题16:A.enterB.relieveC.previewD.expect小题17:A.somethingB.noneC.everythingD.anything小题18:A.carefulB.acceptableC.hopefulD.awful小题19:A.courageB.patienceC.imaginationD.faith小题20:A.settleB.recallC.claimD.deny
One cold night, I was growing sick of my life in San Francisco.There I was walking home around one o’clock in the morning after a& 1&practice at the theatre. With the opening night only a week away, I was still learning my lines by heart. I was having &&2&handling my part-time job at the bank in the daytime and my acting at night at the same time. As I walked, I thought seriously about& 3&both acting and San Francisco. I had& 4&too much of city life. As I walked down the& 5&streets under the tall buildings, I felt very small and cold, so I began& 6&both to keep warm and to keep away from any possible robbers. Very few people were still out except a few homeless people under blankets. About a block from my& 7&, I heard a sound behind me. I &&8&&quickly, half expecting to see someone with a knife or a gun. The street was empty. All I saw was a shining streetlight. Still, the noise had made me& 9&,so I started to run faster. Not until I reached my apartment building and unlocked the door did I &&10&what the noise had been. It had been my wallet& 11&to the sidewalk. Suddenly I wasn’t cold or tired anymore. I ran out of the door and back to where I’d heard the noise. Although I searched the sidewalk &&12&for 15 minutes, my wallet was nowhere to be found. Just as I was about to quit the& 13&, I heard the garbage truck stop to the sidewalk next to me. When a voice came from the inside, “Alisa Camacho?” I thought I was dreaming. How could this man know my name? The door opened and out jumped a small blonde man with an& 14&look in his eyes. “Is this what you’re looking for?” He asked, holding up a wallet. It was already 3 a.m. by the time I got into bed. I couldn’t get much sleep, but I had got my wallet back. I also had got back some& 15&of city life. I realized the city couldn’t be a bad place as long as people were willing to help each other.1.A.comfortable&& B.serious& C.tiresome D.fortunate2.A.comfort & B.desire&& C.pain D.trouble3.A.setting up&&& B.giving up&&& C.holding up&& D.picking up4.A.expected& B.changed& C.controlled&& D.possessed5.A.deserted& B.crowded& C.busy D.wild6.A.running&& B.jumping& C.moving&& D.marching7.A.bank& B.theatre& C.apartment&&& D.office8.A.stood B.walked&& C.turned&& D.left9.A.satisfied B.confused C.frightened&& D.annoyed10. A.turn out B.figure out&& C.give out D.pull out11. A.belonging&&& B.adding&& C.sticking D.falling12. A.aimlessly&&& B.anxiously&&& C.skillfully&& D.delightedly13. A.discovery&&& B.research C.hunt D.finding14. A.amused&& B.unpleasant&& C.uneasy&& D.embarrassed15. A.production&& B.judgment C.friendship&& D.appreciation
Today, many people are starving to death. Recently, a man who wanted to understand the conditions of such people conducted an experiment. He only ate one meal a day for a month but continued to work as he normally did. During the first five days he was hungry at his& 1 &mealtime, but after he had drunk a glass of water, his hunger went away. In the morning, when he ate his one meal, he ate quickly and had a&& 2 & amount. During the next few days,&&&3&he was not hungry during the day, he quickly&&&4 &every food stall (a table on which food is put to be sold), and the smell of food caught his&&& 5&& . During the third and the fourth weeks, he had hunger pains and&&& 6 && physical strength. He&&& 7 &&& his one meal and ate it slowly, enjoying every bite.&&& 8&&& it, he knew he would have hardly enough energy to work. && This&&&9 &&changed his attitude about some things. Having a cup of tea was not just a pastime. It also& 10&&&him strength. He more frequently noticed overweight people and people who threw&& 11 &leftover food. He realized the importance of&& 12 &&for the very hungry person. He could no longer easily&&& 13&&& by a hungry beggar on the street. But most&& 14&&&, he could now sympathize(同情) in a&& 15&&& way with the hungry people of the world.1.A.after  &&&& B.formal    && C.regular   && D.frequent2.A.large  &&&& B.small    &&& C.ordinary  &&& D.common3.A.if   &&&&& B.when     &&C.as if    && D.although4.A.recognized B.noticed  &&&&&&C. glanced   &&& D.digested5.A.eyes  &&&&& B.imagination &&&&&C.attention    D.interest6.A.needed &&&&& B.lacked&&&&&&&&&& C.required  &&& D.wanted7.A.looked forward to     B.devoted himself to  C.looked down upon     &D.took pride in8.A.With  &&&&& B.Without   &&&C.Rather than   D.Except for9.A.action &&&&&&B.movement   C.experiment &&& D.performance10.A.gained &&&&& B.gave     &C.took    &&&D.left11.A.in   &&&&& B.up      &C.away    &&D.about12.A.food  &&&&& B.meals    &&&C.money    &D.work13.A.come  &&&&& B.pass     C.stand     D.stop14.A.fortunately  B.seriously  && C.necessary   &D.important 15.A.great  &&&& B.big     &&&C.small     D.similar
Do you want to live with a strong sense of peacefulness, happiness, goodness, and self-respect? The collection of happiness actions broadly categorized(把…归类) as "honor" help you create this life of good feelings. Here's an example to show how honorable actions create happiness. Say a store clerk fails to charge us for an item. If we keep silent, and profit from the clerk's mistake, we would drive home with a sense of sneaky(卑鄙的) excitement. Later we might tell our family or friends about our good fortune. On the other hand, if we tell the clerk about the uncharged item, the clerk would be grateful and thank us for our honesty. We would leave the store with a quiet sense of honor that we might never share with another soul. Then, what is it to do with our sense of happiness? In the first case, where we don't tell the clerk, a couple of things would happen. Deep down inside we would know ourselves as a type of thief. In the process, we would lose some peace of mind and self-respect. We would also demonstrate(演示) that we cannot be trusted, since we advertise our dishonor by telling our family and friends. We damage our own reputations by telling others. In contrast, bringing the error to the clerk's attention causes different things to happen. Immediately the clerk knows us to be honorable. Upon leaving the store, we feel honorable and our self-respect is increased.& Whenever we take honorable action we gain the deep internal rewards of goodness and a sense of nobility(高尚). There is a beautiful positive cycle that is created by living a life of honorable actions. Honorable thoughts lead to honorable actions. Honorable actions lead us to a happier existence. And it's easy to think and act honorably again when we're happy. While the positive cycle can be difficult to start, once it's started, it's easy to continue. Keeping on doing good deeds brings us peace of mind, which is important for our happiness.小题1:According to the passage, the positive action in the example contributes to our_______. A.self-respect B.financial rewardsC.advertising abilityD.friendly relationship小题2:The author thinks that keeping silent about the uncharged item is equal to_______.A.lyingB.stealingC.cheatingD.advertising小题3:The underlined phrase "bringing the error to the clerk's attention" means_______.A.telling the truth to the clerkB.offering advice to the clerkC.asking the clerk to be more attentiveD.reminding the clerk of the charged item小题4:How will we feel if we let the clerk know her mistake?A.We'll be very excited.B.We'll feel unfortunate.C.We'll have a sense of honor.D.We'll feel sorry for the clerk.小题5:Which of the following can be the best title of this passage?A.How to Live TruthfullyB.Importance of PeacefulnessC.Ways of Gaining Self-respectD.Happiness through Honorable Actions
Bears and humans often meet in National Parks. Although campers and hikers are warned not to feed the bears, many people ignore these warnings and feed the beasts anyway. When bears are used to people’s food, problems soon arise.Bears like to eat a large variety of things, both meat and vegetable. Without human assistance, bears live nicely on roots, twigs, leaves of trees, insects and small animals. With people around, the bears’ tastes quickly expand to include sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, and anything else they can temp humans into giving up.Bears often develop clever strategies for getting people to let go their food supplies. More often than not, an unsuspecting hiker has taken off his or her pack for a rest only to have a bear charge out of the woods, grab the pack and quickly disappear into the underbrush with it. Hanging the pack on a tree branch won’t help. Bears have been known to climb up, jump off, and catch the pack on the way down. One mother bear stretched up with her baby on her shoulders to reach a pack stored on a pole. Many bears threaten people into giving up their supplies. Although a bear is unlikely to attack a person and would probably run away if screamed at, few people are willing to do so. Most people drop the pack and run the other way. This, of course, delights the bear. In some places, the Park Service installed some metal barrels with lids to help campers keep their supplies safe from bears. Although the bears were unable to open these containers, the effort was less than successful. Most campers, unable to tell the metal drums from rubbish cans, never used them for the intended purpose.小题1:Feeding bears on people’s food&&&&&&&& .A.brings the people a lot of funB.can cause problemsC.often causes injuries and deathsD.helps bears survive小题2:If people had never fed bears, the bears&&&&&&& .A.might be satisfied with what they had originallyB.would have starved long before C.wouldn’t have enough food supplyD.would have hunted for other kind of food小题3:Which of the following is TRUE?A.If fed on sandwiches and hot dogs, the bears would no longer eat roots, twigs and insects .B.It’s likely that bears would hurt people if the people didn’t give up their food. C.Most people would frighten away the bears that would temp their food.D.Seeing a pack, the bear would quickly snatch it and run away with it.小题4:Bear-proof containers didn’t work because&&&&&&&& .A.bears were clever enough to get the food in themB.they were left open in the open airC.people were not sure of their useD.they were once used as rubbish cans}

我要回帖

更多关于 英语作文万能句子 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信