winkp. classics是什么牌子意思

kp是什么意思啊?_百度知道
kp是什么意思啊?
答案,象关于性
提问者采纳
较量单挑意思 网络游戏PKPLAY KILLER缩写韩玩家更喜欢称KP(KILL PLAYER)
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他2条回答
关于性?你问的是不是KY啊?就是BL小说里常有的,润滑液
您可能关注的推广回答者:
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁Pickwick Papers_百度百科
Pickwick Papers
Pickwick Papers是由Wordsworth C
(日)出版发行,中文名:匹克威克外传
出版社: Wordsworth C
外文书名: 匹克威克外传
丛书名: Wordsworth Collection
平装: 784页
正文语种: 英语
开本: 20开, 20开
尺寸: 19.7 x 12.7 x 3.9 cm
重量: 426 g
Charles John Huffam Dickens was born on February 7, 1812 in Portsmouth, Hampshire, England. In 1824, his father was imprisoned for debt, so Charles was sent to work in a shoe-dye factory. He later became a clerk in a law firm, a shorthand reporter in the courts, and a parliamentary and newspaper reporter. In 1833, Dickens began to contribute short stories and essays to periodicals, heralding the start of a glittering and prolific literary career. He married Catherine Hogarth in 1836, with whom he had nine surviving children before they separated in 1858. Dickens died suddenly at home on June 9, 1870, leaving behind an internationally acclaimed canon of work, including Oliver Twist (1837), Nicholas Nickleby (1838), David Copperfield (1849-50), Bleak House (1852-53), Little Dorrit (1855-57), A Tale of Two Cities (1859), Great Expectations (1860-61) and Our Mutual Friend (1864-65). He was buried in Westminster Abbey. Michael Slater is Professor of Victorian Literature at Birkbeck College in the University of London. He was editor of The Dickensian (1968-77) and President of the International Dickens Fellowship (1988-90). He has published many books and articles on Dickens.
Book Description
The Wordsworth Classics covers a huge list of beloved works of literature in English and translations. This growing series is rigorously updated, with scholarly introductions and notes added to new titles.
This is Dickens' first novel and introduces the characters of Mr Pickwick, Sam Weller and the whole of the Pickwickian crew and follows their adventures. It is widely regarded as one of the most famous of pre-Victorian novels.
The Merriam-Webster Encyclopedia of Literature
Novel by Charles Dickens, first published serially from 1836 to 1837 under the pseudonym Boz and in book form in 1837. This first fictional work by Dickens was originally commissioned as a series of glorified captions for the work of caricaturist Robert Seymour. His witty, episodic accounts of the kindly, naive Samuel Pickwick and his friends in the Pickwick Club were instantly successful in their own right, however, and made Dickens a literary sensation.
From the Back Cover
In The Pickwick Papers (1837), members of the eponymous club recreate the ludicrous follies of nineteenth century England. Yet beneath the grotesqueries they chronicle runs a counterpoint of debtors' prisons, corruption and unreformed elections. With characteristic compassion and caustic satire, Dickens confronts the darker side of these charming anecdotes, in the novel that vaulted him from journalistic obscurity to literary pre-eminence.
From AudioFile
[Editor's Note--The following is a combined review with DAVID COPPERFIELD, GHOST STORIES, GREAT EXPECTATIONS, HARD TIMES, MARTIN CHUZZLEWIT, THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD, NICHOLAS NICKLEBY, OLIVER TWIST, OUR MUTUAL FRIEND, and A TALE OF TWO CITIES.]--New Millennium presents the distinguished Academy Award winner Paul Scofield interpreting abridgments of the novels and stories of Charles Dickens. These are excellent readings, sonorous and compelling. However, they lack the verve and character of the old Victorian qualities that have been so wonderfully captured on cassette by Martin Jarvis and Miriam Margolyes, among others. And while few authors benefit more from pruning than the paid-by-the-word Dickens, some of these cuttings are far too drastic. In addition, hurried post-production is evident in numerous audible edits, frequent mouth noises, and occasional overlapping of announcer and narrator. Y.R.
Book Dimension :
length: (cm)19.8  
  width:(cm)12.6
Spotlight Review
1.Hilarious, delightful, June 4, 2002
Reviewer: Ritesh Laud (Houston, TX USA)
Charles Dickens wrote The Pickwick Papers in his early 20s, but the writing is first rate and as witty as any seasoned author could have done in his place! Like many of Dickens's works, Pickwick was published in monthly installments, or &numbers& as they were called then. Although Dickens originally intended to end the story at the twentieth number, the popularity of the series (and the resultant income) convinced Dickens to double the length to forty numbers. The end result is a large offering that'll take you a while to get through (~750 pages in the excellent Penguin edition, which I read).
Despite its length, Pickwick never tries your patience. It's delightfully humorous from beginning to end. Samuel Pickwick is the bumbling, middle-aged, wealthy namesake of this novel. He's the leader of a small group of single men that gets into all sorts of mischief, both physical and social. Booze is rampant. Apparently liquor back then was much more a part of d everywhere these guys go they party and get drunk. They get into trouble with the law, women, unsavory characters, and more.
Characterization is superb. This is one of the few novels I've read for which I can actually say that I got to know the characters. In most books I've read, the characters remain two-dimensional and the plot is what carries the story. In Pickwick, the *characters* are the essence of the story and the novel wouldn't be memorable at all if a lesser author were attempting to breathe life into these people.
The Penguin edition includes a decent collection of endnotes to help explain unfamiliar portions of the text. Nevertheless, there were still quite a few words and concepts peculiar to early 19th century England that I didn't grasp. This edition also has maps of southern England and a key to the specific locations that the Pickwickians visit. In addition, two appendices reprint some of the announcements and prefaces that Dickens wrote in relation to the work.
Highly recommended, particularly if you enjoy classic literature! Dickens's later works overshadow this gem due to their maturity, but Pickwick beats them all in enthusiasm, humor, and wit.
2.Pure and shining brilliance, August 16, 2005
Reviewer: Jeffrey Leach (Omaha, NE USA)
I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever that Charles Dickens, if he lived today, would still classify as an author's author. He's a master of all the things that make for great writing and storytelling. Dickens has an ear for dialogue most authors would kill their own mothers to possess. He also is a master of creating vivid scenery, another sign of excellence essential to great writing and one which many authors lack. Finally, but not least in importance, Dickens knows character development. He REALLY knows how to develop intriguing characters, to the point where many of his books spawned figures that have become literary archetypes. Not bad for a guy who grew up in extremely adverse circumstances. He even spent some time in a factory sticking labels on bottles after his father's imprisonment for debt. Most people wouldn't recover from such poverty, but Dickens did. He went on to a successful career in journalism before settling down as an author of serial novels. This format, which allowed Dickens to write and release his stories piecemeal, made him a great success with the public. The anticipation for the latest chapter or two of his stories often led to near riots. Not many writers can duplicate this feat today.
&The Pickwick Papers& is one of Dickens's earliest works, written when the author was a mere twenty-four years old. You wouldn't know his age by reading the story, though. &Pickwick& is a work that delivers healthy doses of sophisticated humor, keen observations on pressing social issues, romance, and a mature knowledge of human behavior. It's of course fiction, although Dickens presents the story as a true series of events documented by the &Pickwick Club,& a social organization founded by retired businessman and all around merry fellow Samuel Pickwick. In the 1820s, Pickwick and several friends embark on a series of journeys through Southern England, a journey that lasts for roughly two years. Ostensibly, the businessman and his fellows take the trips to learn more about their country. Instead, their travels turn into a series of often hilarious events mixed with a few serious scrapes. Pickwick must constantly save individuals from the machinations of one Alfred Jingle, an itinerant scalawag with a penchant for wooing women for their money. In between these adventures, our hero must contend with a lawsuit filed by a former female employee who thought he wanted to marry her, save his friends from numerous imbroglios involving members of the opposite sex, survive a stay in a debtor's prison, and live through a couple hundred other adventures both major and minor.
If I had to list one overarching theme I enjoyed most about &The Pickwick Papers,& it's got to be the humor. This book is one of the funniest things I've read in ages. We're talking laugh out loud and laughing later when remembering scenes from the book funny. Much of the humor centers on Pickwick's manservant Sam Weller, a guy prone to uttering some of the most hilarious sayings you'll likely see in any book. Weller's father is even more amusing, and when father and son sit down to write a letter to a lovely young woman who's caught Sam's eye, well, prepare to hold your sides. Also worth a belly laugh or two is the chapter where Pickwick and his friends visit the town of Eatanswill in time to witness the results of a contentious local election. Dickens's observations about party politics and media manipulation are not only highly amusing, but also relevant to our own age. And who can forget the courtroom scenes where the lawyer makes Pickwick, this kindly old gentleman who wouldn't hurt a fly, look like an absolute monster? I could go on and on. If you read this book without cracking up, check your pulse because you're probably dead.
Another element of the book I enjoyed concerns Dickens's ability to write scenes that simply overflow with the joy of living. A lengthy chapter describing Pickwick's stay with some country friends over Christmas serves as an excellent example. The sheer bliss of this part of the book is infectious, as Dickens makes us marvel at the simple delight of spending a few days in the company of good friends, good food, and good entertainment. On the other hand, the author isn't above indulging in an activity he's become famous for, namely showing the reader the depths of human suffering. There is far less misery in &The Pickwick Papers& than there is in &Oliver Twist,& to cite one example, but it's still here. The debtor's prison in which Pickwick stays for a time provides the author with a perfect forum for attacking England's tradition of imprisoning those unfortunate souls who cannot pay their creditors. I marvel at how Dickens can balance these two extremes in the space of a single novel. In this way, &The Pickwick Papers& manages to encompass life in both its good and bad aspects.
I read the Penguin Classics edition of &The Pickwick Papers,& and I'm glad I did. The supplementary material is copious and helpful more often than not. I didn't care much for the introduction from Robert L. Patten, however, which I thought tried to read too much into the story. I did appreciate the footnotes that help explain the English geography, slang, and popular culture references found throughout the story. Further material provides information on the three illustrators who worked on the story, biographical details of Dickens's life, and even maps tracing Pickwick's myriad travels through the English countryside. Reading &The Pickwick Papers& makes me realize that I've neglected this author's works for far too long. I can't pra it's that entertaining and that good. Give it a go as soon as possible!Customer Reviews
1.Charles Dickens's 1st Smash!, July 24, 2006
Reviewer: Bradley Headstone &Sean ARES Hirsch& (New York)
It is interesting that both William Shakespeare and Charles Dickens began their writing careers with a comedy. Charles Dickens is best known for his harsh portrayals of Victorian England (especially in &A Christmas Carol&). But this 1st book shows that he can draw hilarious comedy as well. We meet the Pickwick Club. (Mr. Pickwick, Mr. Snodgrass, Mr. Tupman, and Mr. Winkle.) They are a bumbling group, but they are benevolent. Undoubtedly, Mr. Pickwick was based on Charles Dickens's father. The great Charles Dickens's father was a warm hearted and caring man, but he was also unlucky. He did in fact spend time in the debtors's prison. Well, moving on, the Pickwick club meets the comical villain Mr. Jingle. Mr. Jingle gets the Pickwick club into various sorts of trouble. He stops a would be wedding between Mr. Tupman and Rachael Wardle. (Jingle himself wants Rachael's fortune.) Well, Jingle shows himself to be good at double talk and alienates the 2. While his plot fails, he tricks Pickwick into appearing in a girls' school after hours. You'll probably notice that this book (like &Moby Dick&) is full of digressions. We hear unrelated tales from different characters. (To some, this is a welcome technique while others find it annoying. Though the tale of Gabriel Grub does foreshadow the phenomenal &Christmas Carol.&) Moving on, in a well worded passage Mr. Pickwick leads his landlady Widow Bardell into thinking he wants to marry her, when in fact he was just considering hiring a man servant. And of course Mr. Pickwick goes on trial for not keeping a promise of marriage. (Charles Dickens himself actually did many live readings of this chapter.) While we know Mr. Pickwick was is not guilty, he ends up being charged 750 pounds which he refuses to pay. And of course, he (like Charles Dickens's father goes to prison). While he can afford the money, he refuses to pay because he is innocent. The scenes of the prison break the comedy. Even Widow Bardell is thrown in prison by Dodson and Fogg. But all is not lost. Pickwick's servant Weller comes to his aid. And Mr. Pickwick realizes that he must leave prison to help Mr. Winkle. (Mr. Winkle has married Arabella, and her brother is not so happy about it.) Mr. Pickwick pays what he must to exit the prison and he of course comes to the aid of his friend Mr. Winkle. The story ends in utter happiness. Mr. Pickwick even forgives Mr. Jingle. Perhaps the greatest thing about this book is that it is NOT ONLY hilarious comedy, but it shows how true friends stick by one another, and it even takes it to the next level by showing the wonders of fogiveness. This book drove England Pickwick mad when it came out. (There were Pickwick coats, hats, cigars, candy, and canes.) Need we ask why?
2.Grab Some Punch and Join the Party, December 12, 2005
Reviewer: Christopher M. Williams &BulgarianPoke& (Shumen, Bulgaria)
I've often wondered that if I had to attend a party or a ball that was made up of every character of a particular author's body of work, whose creations would I wish to meet? You couldn't do much better than Charles Dickens, and surely the host of such a gathering would be Mr. Pickwick of the Pickwick Club. The club, discovered in a collection of &posthumous papers,& is something of a toast masters society that journeys from London to the English countryside and back again in search of various forms of stimulation. Instead of finding that philosophical, poetic, and scientific wisdom that they are in search of, more often they stumble into situations not of their own making. Nearly always, hilarity ensues. They spirit of the novel is b never has a book so often made me want to join the action. And while I haven't read every Dickens novel, I doubt that you will find a more wonderful pair of friends that Samuel Weller and Mr. Pickwick. The two are genuine and devoted friends, despite their differences in interests, mannerisms, and stations in life.
Regarding the very long novels of the 19th century (this may sound obvious), they take some getting used to, especially to readers of much shorter contemporary novels. One inevitably will forget a character or a detail that appears on p. 35 as they read p. 700. Yet, one should remember that the novel came out in 19 monthly installments, and thus does not call for a quick reading. One can set the book aside for a few days and not worry a there isn't really a plot. Like a television series today, the adventures involve the same principle characters, with many of the supporting characters reappearing throughout the narrative. But the work itself is less a story than a canvas, and there is no central conflict or tension.
My first crack at one of Dickens' long novels was David Copperfield, which was also my first review on this site. I gave it 2 stars, despite the fact that I enjoyed so many pieces of it. Trying to race through a Dickens novel will end in frustration and exhaustion. Don't be afraid to read other books simultaneously.
Lastly, do yourself a favor and read the Introductions written by GK Chesterton. These essays both elevate one's own reading of the novel, and provide pleasure and insight in their own right. They bypass both the jargon and ostentatious learning that can make contemporary criticism a battle to read.Golden Classics_百度百科
Golden Classics
本词条缺少概述、名片图,补充相关内容使词条更完整,还能快速升级,赶紧来吧!
中文名称:Golden Classics
资源类型:MP3!
发行时间:1996年
专辑歌手:Bertie Higgins
地区:美国
语言:英语
谈起演唱《Casablanca》的Bertie Higgins,他的曾曾祖父是‘浮士德’的作者,德国诗人哥德(Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe)。Bertie Higgins原名 Elbert Joseph Higgins。他的血管中流着葡萄牙,爱尔兰和德国的血液,成长于美国弗罗里达的希腊
他擅长演唱热带生活和爱情歌曲,曾经当过海棉采集手,12岁时当过口技演员,在Tampa Bay学校里的天才竞赛中得过头奖,成为当地各演出团体和俱乐部中的风流人物。离校后在Tommy Roe中充鼓手,在世界各地巡演,还曾为Rolling Stones滚石,The Beach Boys沙滩小子,Tom Jones汤姆·琼斯,Roy Orbison罗依·奥毕逊,Manfred Mann,Peter and Gordon,The Dave Clark Five等众多艺人表演的开场演出。令他得益最多的是他随Beatlemania (一支完全模仿Beatles的演唱组)一起演出的时候。
后来他疲于这类演出,回到了弗罗里达。并放弃了鼓棒,捡起了吉它,开始了音乐的创作和演唱。四季演唱组的Bob Crewe,Lobo乐队中的Phil Gernhard,猫王乐队中的Felton都对这位年青的歌曲作者甚感兴趣,并于以提携。这些帮助使得Bertie开始了全国各地的各种集会演出。这期间他还遇见了演员兼导演Richard Boone。Boone觉察出Bertie的写作潜能,便辅导他进行电影音乐的写作。当然,对他影响最大的还是Gordon Lightfoot,Cat Stevens和Jimmy Buffet。至今他和Gordon和Jimmy仍有交往。
1980年,Bertie迁居亚特兰大,遇到唱片制作人Sonny Limbo。Sonny曾发掘过Alabama及其它一些组合,他安排了Bertie和音乐出版人Bill Lowery的会面。这三人的会面开创了一个新的篇章。
Bertie此时正在写一首有关失恋的歌曲。他把初稿给他们看,他们对歌词作了些改动,这便是那曲《Key Largo》。Bertie录了母带,并送到了CBS新成立的Kat Family唱片公司。一开始他们不肯接受,在Bertie,Bill,Sonny三人不断的纠缠下最后同意在1981年发行了这支单曲。至此,Bertie开始了他在流行乐界的新篇章。
《Key Largo》是Bertie在美国流行排行榜上的一次历史性突破,不但使美国乐界对它引起了注意,而且也成为了世界性的热门曲。紧跟着Bertie又出了下例单曲如《Just Another Day in Paradise》《Casablanca》《Pirates and Poets》等。特别是《Casablanca》,在太平洋区域成为了当年最佳歌曲,其专辑成为了双白金(销售200万张以上),并令Bertie一夜间成为国际上闪闪发光的明星。
在过去数年中,Bertie带领着他的乐队在全球巡演,乐界和他的乐迷们给予了他较高的评价。在克利夫兰的摇滚名人堂和乔治亚的音乐名人堂中都有他的名字。
Bertie现在有三子一女,定居在Tarpon Springs和他两个儿子住在一起。在Florida Keys拥有一家办得很好的餐厅。
曾出版的专辑有:‘Kist Another Day in Paaradise’,‘Pirates and Poets’,‘Gone with the Wind’,‘Back to the Island’,‘The Best of Bertie Higgins/Then and Now’,‘Golden Classics: The Collectables Series’,‘Trop Rock’
曾出版的单曲有:《Doesn’t Anybody Want to Hear a Love Song》,《Sanctuary》,《Key Largo》,《Just Another Day in Paradise》,《Casablanca》,《The Heart is the Hunter》(仅出海外版),《Pirates and Poets》,《Port O’ Call》,《When You Fall in Love》,《Gone with the Wind》(仅出海外版),《The Wall》,《As Time Goes By》(仅出海外版),《Brazilia》(仅出海外版),《Jamaica Me Crazy》,《Gone with the Wind》,《You Blossom Me》,《Homeless People》,《Leah》(with Roy Orbison),《Don’t Show Me Your Memories》,《Miami Moon》,《The Flag’s on Fire》,《The Redneck Riviera》,《Blue Never Looked Good on You》,《It’s Now or Never》。
-- 老熊猫/ 编译
01. Just Another Day In Paradise
02. Casablanca
03. Candle Dancer
04. Key Largo
05. Port O Call
06. White Line Fever
07. The Heart Is The Hunter
08. She's Gone To Live On The Mountain
09. Down At The Blue Moon
10. The Tropics
11. Tokyo Joe