中考英语完形填空空 第一句 it was 3.30 am on a fall morning. 的

小题1:B小题1:C小题1:B小题1:A小题1:D小题1:C小题1:C小题1:C小题1:A小题1:D小题1:A小题1:A小题1:D小题1:D小题1:A小题1:B小题1:C小题1:A小题1:D小题1:B略
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
I’ve spent most of my career as a traveling salesman, and so I know that &&&1&&&is an occupational disease. But one year, my &&&2&&&gave me the cure for my homesickness.It had black bright eyes, a red bow tie and orange feet--- a stuffed penguin (企鹅) that &&3&&&about five inches tall. Attached to its left wing &&&4&&&a little sign with the hand-painted declaration “ I Love My Dad!”. I immediately&&5&&&the penguin on my table.On my next trip, I put the &&6&&&in my suitcase. That night when I called home, my daughter Jeanine was &&&7&&&because the penguin had disappeared. “Honey, he’s here with me,” I explained, “ I brought him &&&8&”.&& 9&&, the penguin came with me --- as necessary as my briefcase. And we &&&&10&&&along the way. In Albuquerque, I checked into a &&&11&&, dropped my bag and ran to a meeting. When I returned, the maid had &&&12&&&the bed and stood the penguin on the pillow.One night, I discovered the penguin &&&13&&, and after a mad phone call, I learned I’d &&&14&&&it in my previous hotel room, &&&15&&&it had been rescued by a maid. I &&&&&&16&&&&&a hundred miles to get it, and when I arrived at midnight, the penguin was waiting at the front desk. In the hotel lobby (大厅), other tired business travelers were &&&17&&&&&at the reunion of my penguin and me --- I think with a touch of &&&18&&.Jeanine is in college now, and I don’t travel &&&19&&. The penguin sits on my table, a reminder that love is a wonderful traveling companion. All those years on &&&20&&, it was the one thing I never left home without.小题1:A.coldB.hungerC.lonelinessD.fever小题2:A.boyB.daughterC.friendD.mother小题3:A.stoodB.layC.jumpedD.climbed小题4:A.wroteB.turnedC.wasD.had小题5:A.threw B.lostC.gaveD.placed小题6:A.bearB.penguinC.dogD.rabbit小题7:A.upsetB.happyC.gladD.excited小题8:A.upB.offC.alongD.down小题9:A.From now onB.In the futureC.In future D.From then on小题10:A.had friendsB.had friendC.made friendsD.made friend小题11:A.schoolB.hotelC.shopD.supermarket小题12:A.givenB.turnedC.madeD.carried小题13:A.sleepingB.goingC.livingD.missing小题14:A.forgetB.leftC.orderedD.sent小题15:A.thereB.whenC.whereD.how小题16:A.ranB.walkedC.hurriedD.drove小题17:A.surprisedB.frightenedC.lookedD.laughed小题18:A.angerB.envyC.sadness D.illness小题19:A.as manyB.as seldomC.so littleD.as much小题20:A.the hotelB.the meetingC.the roadD.the house
A boy was walking home from school when he saw a large, tempting (诱人的)apple on one of the branches of an apple tree hanging out over a tall fence. The boy wasn’t much of a fruit-eater, &1&a bar of chocolate if given the choice, but, as they say, the forbidden fruit can be tempting. Seeing the apple, the boy wanted it. The more he looked at it, the&&&&&2&&&he felt and the more he wanted that apple.3 &&&as high as he could, but even at his tallest &4 &, he was unable to touch it. He began to &5&up and down , as high as he could, at the &6 &of each jump stretching his arms to get the apple . Still it remained out of&7&.&& Not giving up , he thought , if only he had something to& 8&on . His school bag wouldn’t give enough height and he didn’t want to &9&&the things inside , like his lunch box , pencil case , and Game boy. Looking around, he hoped he might find an old box , a rock , or , with luck , even a ladder , but it was a tidy neighborhood and there was nothing he could use. He had tried everything he could think to do. Without seeing any other choices , he gave up and started to walk &&10 &. At first he felt angry and disappointed thinking about how hungry he had become from his &11 &, and how he really wanted that apple .The more he &12&like this , the more unhappy he became.However ,the boy of our story was a pretty smart guy, even if he couldn’t always get what he wanted .He started to say to himself . This isn’t &&&13&,I don’t have the apple and I’m feeling miserable as well. There’s&14 &&more I can do to get the apple-that is unchangeable-but we are supposed to be able to &15 &our feelings. If that’s the case, what can I do to feel better?小题1:A.preferringB.offeringC.receivingD.allowing小题2:A.sadderB.angrierC.hungrierD.tastier小题3:A.ExpandingB.StretchingC.SwingingD.Pulling小题4:A.strengthB.lengthC. range D.height小题5:A.jumpB.lookC.walkD.glance小题6:A.tipB.stageC.topD. level小题7:A hope&&&&&&&&&B. hand&&&&&&&&C.& sight&&&&&&&&&&D.& reach小题8:A.putB.standC.get D.hold小题9:A.breakB. shakeC.take D.strike小题10:A.backB. awayC.upD.down小题11:A.wishesB. beliefsC.effortsD.goals小题12:A.thoughtB.imaginedC.triedD.claimed小题13:A.skilfulB.cheerfulC.harmful D. helpful小题14:A.something B.anythingC.everythingD.nothing小题15:A.changeB.expressC.forgetD.describe
Why did I come today? I wondered. My Christmas (36) _______ contained several people that claimed they wanted nothing but I knew their feelings would be hurt (37) _______ I didn’t buy them anything, so buying gifts was (38) _______ but fun.Hurriedly, I finished shopping and (39) _______ the long checkout lines. In front of me were a boy of about 5 and a younger girl. She carried a beautiful pair of (40) _______ slippers. When we finally (41) _______ the checkout register, the girl (42) _______ placed the shoes on the counter. She treated them as though they were a (43) _______.“That will be $6.09,” the cashier said. The boy (44) _______ all his pockets. He finally came up with $3.12. “I guess we will have to put them back,” he said (45) _______, “We will come back some other time, maybe tomorrow.” With that statement, a soft (46) _______ broke from the little girl. “But Jesus would have loved these shoes,” she cried.“Well, we’ll go home and work some more. Don’t cry. We’ll surely (47) _______,” he said. Quickly I handed $3 to the cashier. These children had waited in line for a long time. And, (48) _______, it was Christmas. Suddenly a pair of arms came around me and the girl said (49) _______, “Thank you, lady.”“What did you (50) _______ when you said Jesus would like the shoes?” I asked. The boy answered, “Our mommy is sick and going to (51) _______. Daddy said she might go before Christmas to be with Jesus.” The girl spoke, “My Sunday school teacher said the streets in heaven are shiny gold, just like these shoes. Won’t mommy be (52) _______ walking on those streets in these shoes?”My eyes (53) _______ as I looked into her tear-streaked face. “Yes,” I answered, “I am (54) _______ she will.” Silently I thanked God for using these children to (55) _______ me of the true spirit of giving.小题1:A.planB.listC.goodsD.purchases小题2:A.ifB.becauseC.unlessD.since小题3:A.somethingB.nothingC.anythingD.everything小题4:A.waitedB.joinedC.attendedD.gathered小题5:A.cottonB.leatherC.goldD.silver小题6:A.approachedB.passedC.checkedD.found小题7:A.immediatelyB.hesitantlyC.shylyD.carefully小题8:A.giftB.treasureC.lifeD.prize小题9:A.openedB.touchedC.toreD.searched小题10:A.bravelyB.uncertainlyC.slowlyD.doubtfully小题11:A.tearB.sobC.smileD.sigh小题12:A.leaveB.comeC.returnD.arrive小题13:A.above allB.at lastC.at leastD.after all小题14:A.gratefullyB.sweetlyC.gracefullyD.kindly小题15:A.requestB.expectC.meanD.attempt小题16:A.hospitalB.tombC.heavenD.sky小题17:A.equalB.comfortableC.convenientD.beautiful小题18:A.painedB.floodedC.shutD.froze小题19:A.sureB.afraidC.gladD.confident小题20:A.informB.warnC.cureD.remind
题型:阅读理解
I moved to this area seven years ago. For years I have had noisy neighbours. Ever since I moved into this flat, I’ve had to put up with noise during the night. I decided I’d had enough and I’ve been looking for a new flat since the beginning of the year. I haven’t found anything till now. Every week I go to the estate agent’s(当地房地产代理人的)office, but it’s the same story. “I might have something by the end of the week” he says, or, “Wait till next week. I think I might have a few flats by then.” I’ve seen a few flats during my search, but I don’t like any of them. One flat I saw has been empty for two years. “It’s got a busy road on one side and a railway on the other!” I said loudly, “I want peace and quiet.” Last week I visited the agent again. “I won’t leave till you show me something,” I said. “I’ve got just the flat for you.” I went to see it and I was frightened. “But it’s next to a cemetery!” I cried. “But you won’t have noisy neighbours,” my agent said. “It’s exactly right for peace and quiet!”小题1:The writer has had to bear the noise in this area for &&&&&&&&&&&&years.A.about sevenB.sixC.nineD.four小题2:The writer decided to move away because &&&&&&&&&&&.A.he had been looking for a new flatB.his neighbours were not friendlyC.he could no longer stand the noiseD.he wanted to sell his old flat小题3:Which of the following is NOT true?A.The writer would like a quiet place to live in.B.The agent didn’t want to help the writer at all.C.The writer has seen several flats already.D.It seemed rather difficult to rind a fight flat.小题4:The main idea of the passage is &&&&&&&&.A.how the agent tried to help the writer find a flatB.why the writer was satisfied with the agent’s serviceC.how difficult it was to find a new flatD.you can depend on the estate agents for a nice flat
By my third day in the hospital, I realized Owen didn’t visit. I couldn’t understand(21)______ my best friend wouldn’t come to see me. Struggling against the pain, I called his house. His Mom(22)______, and when I asked for Owen, she got quiet. “He’s not here right now,” she said. I thought it was(23)______ that she didn’t tell me where he was or offer to have him call me. But I was so weak, I just let it(24)______.I fount out later that Owen’s mom telephoned my parents right(25)______we rang off. My phone call really made her anxious, and she insisted they talked to me. Later that night, my mom (26)______ . Did I remember drinking? Did I remember being in a car? I had no idea what she was talking about, so she finally told me the news: I’d hit a tree. Owen, in the passenger seat, was thrown from the(27)______and killed instantly. The only reason I’d lived was because of my(28)______ . My first(29)______was of shock. I’d been drink-driving? Hit a tree? Killed Owen? I felt like the worst person in the world. Even after I was able to go home several weeks later, I didn’t want to eat, I didn’t want to talk. I just(30)______at the wall in my bedroom and cried. The only person I wanted to see was Owen. I didn’t feel like hanging out with any of my old friends.
Mark was walking home from school one day when he saw the boy in front of him fall over and drop all of the books he was carrying, along with two sweaters, a basketball and a walkman(随身听). Mark stopped and helped the boy pick up these things. Since they were going the same way, he helped to carry some of his things. As they walked, Mark knew that the boy’s name was Bill, that he loved computer games, basketball and history, and that he was having lots of troubles with his other subjects and that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.They arrived at Bill’s home first and Mark was invited in for a Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed happily with a few laughs and some small talk, and then Mark went home. They often saw each other at school, had lunch together once or twice, and then they both finished middle school. They ended up in the same high school where they sometimes saw and talked with each other over the years. At last just three weeks before they finished high school, Bill asked Mark if they could talk.Bill asked Mark if he still remembered the day years ago when they had first met. “Did you ever think why I was carrying so many things home that day?” asked Bill. “You see, I cleaned out my locker(锁柜) because I didn’t want to leave anything for anyone else. I had put away some of my mother’s sleeping pills and I was going home to kill myself. But after we spent some time together talking and laughing, I began to understand that if I killed myself, I would have missed that time and so many others that might follow. So you see, Mark, when you picked up those books that day, you did a lot more. You saved my life.”小题1:When Mark met him the first time, Bill was going _______. A.to have a basketball gameB.to his classroomC.to see MarkD.back home小题2: From what Bill was carrying, we can know that he _______. A.was a good studentB.liked sports and musicC.liked all the subjects in schoolD.was a good friend小题3:Mark and Bill _______. A.were in the same middle school and high schoolB.were in the same middle school but not in the same high schoolC.often had lunch together at schoolD.had known each other before they began to study in middle school小题4:In this passage, the phrase “break up” means _______. A.相处很好 B.和好如初C.关系破裂D.保持联系小题5:When Mark helped Bill to pick up some of his things, he _______.A.knew he could save Bill’s lifeB.knew who Bill was and wanted to help himC.didn’t know why he was going to help himD.didn’t know what he was doing was very important to Bill
From now on, never spend your precious time thinking of reasons for your failures and shortcomings. Instead, realize that the seeds of success were planted within you when you were born. Only you have the power to make those seeds grow.The seeds, and the power to grow them, are contained in the most awesome machine ever created:the human mind. Success is a choice and not a chance. You were born a winner. You were born rich. You can be a success if only you make the right choice.You cannot be successful without first developing your self-esteem. Your level of self-esteem is always based on the degree of control that you are able to exercise over yourself, and thus over your life. People with low self-esteem are people who do not believe that they have any power, or responsibility for their lives. They are the perennial(长期的) victims and martyrs. They are leaves tossed(摇摆) by the winds of chance blown about with any sudden change in the weather.You can exercise control over your life only to the degree that you believe that you are responsible for everything that happens in your life. Failures think that everything happens by accident and chance. Successful people realize that they are responsible.Everything happens as a result of something. If we can identify the cause, we can control the effect. We are responsible for what we choose to think and believe. One generally rises to the level that one expects. We are responsible for setting our expectations. Our success is dependent upon our level of confidence.If you associate with positive-thinking people, you are definitely going to achieve success. On the contrary, the opposite happens. We are responsible for finding, planting, and nurturing the seeds that contain future victory, born from setbacks.In short, in all areas of your life, whether they be financial, physical, emotional, or spiritual, you are responsible. Once you recognize this, accept it, and firmly believe it, you are on the road to success.小题1:People with low self-esteem are compared to leaves because they ______________ &.A.are ready to change their mindsB.are easily affected by windy weatherC.don’t have the power to face their fateD.can’t exercise control over themselves小题2: Losers would think that &&&&&&.A.success is the result of hard workB.working hard will lead to successC.their failure is only because of bad luckD.they don’t make efforts to succeed小题3:It can be inferred from paragraph 5 that &&&&&&.A.whether we will succeed depends on our attitudesB.developing confidence is the key to future successC.thoughts and beliefs are the result of creative mindD.setting our expectations is essential before taking action小题4:The last paragraph serves as &&&&&&.A.the proof of the author’s pointsB.the conclusion of the argumentC.an introduction to another topicD.a comparison between two views小题5:Which is the best title for the text?A.Success is a choice.B.The secrets of success.C.Develop our confidence.D.How to achieve success.
I think it was my mother who taught me the meaning of honesty. Not because she actually was honest, but because she lied all the time. She felt that the easiest way out of any given situation was generally the best way out. And, for her, that generally meant telling a “little white lie.” As a young child I thought it was kind of cool. And, naturally, when I would come to her with a concern or question wondering what I should do, she generally advised me to lie.“Mom, I told Theresa that I would go over to her house, but now I would rather go to Sue’s house to play.”“Tell Theresa you’re sick,” she would advise. And generally I did. But I didn’t seem blessed with her lack of conscience. On many painful occasions Theresa would find out that I really went to Sue’s house without her. These occasions taught me that it is more painful to be caught in a lie than it is to tell the truth in the first place. I wondered how it was possible that my mother had never learned that lesson.I started thinking of all the lies that I’d heard her tell. I remembered the time she told someone that her favorite restaurant had closed, because she didn’t want to see them there anymore. Or the time she told Dad that she loved the lawn-mower he gave her for her birthday. Or when she claimed that our phone lines had been down when she was trying to explain why she hadn’t been in touch with a friend of hers for weeks. And what bothered me even more were all the times she had involved me into her lies. Like the time she told my guidance counselor that I had to miss school for exploratory surgery, when she really needed me to babysit. And it even started to bother me when someone would call for her and she would ask me to tell them that she wasn’t there.So, I started my own personal fight against her dishonesty. When I answered the phone and it was someone my mother didn’t want to talk to, I said, “Louise, mom is here, but she doesn’t want to talk to you.” The first time I did it, she punished me, but I refused to apologize. I told her that I had decided that it was wrong to lie. And the next time it happened I did the same thing. Finally, she approached me and said, “I agree that lying is not the best thing to do, but we need to find a way to be honest without being rude.” She admitted that her methods weren’t right, and I admitted that mine were a bit too extreme.Over the past few years, the two of us have worked together to be honest—and yet kind. Honesty should mean more than not lying. It should mean speaking the truth in kindness. Though I started by trying to teach my mom the importance of honesty, I ended up gaining a deeper understanding of the meaning of the term.小题1: The author’s mother __________.&A.thought white lies were not liesB.helped the author get out of trouble with white liesC.told the author to lie when in troubleD.taught the author the importance of being honest小题2:The author __________. A.was thankful to her mother’s adviceB.felt more awkward when being caught lyingC.found that telling the truth hurt more than telling a lieD.felt guilty when hurting people with her honesty小题3:It can be inferred that the author’s mother __________. A.met her friends in the same restaurant regularlyB.didn’t get along with the author’s teachersC.was not popular among her friendsD.wanted to have something else for her birthday小题4:Finally the author and her mother agreed that __________. A.kind-heartedness is more important than honestyB.appropriate methods are the key to telling a good lieC.honesty is defined as kindness as well as truthfulnessD.absolute honesty is basic to good interpersonal relationships}

我要回帖

更多关于 英语完形填空解题技巧 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信