finally,i had becme sadly only.let everyonevaclav smill

I had applied for the nuclear(核)submarine(潜艇) program, and Admiral Rickover was interviewing me for the job. It was the first time I met Admiral Rickover, and we sat in a large room by ourselves for more than two hours, and he let me choose any subjects I wished to discuss. Very carefully, I chose those about which I knew most at the time – recent events, seamanship, music, literature, naval tactics(海军战术), electronics, gunnery(射击学) – and he began to ask me a lot of questions that were more difficult. Every time after my answers, he soon showed that I knew rather little about the subjects I had chosen.
He always looked right into my eyes, and he never smiled. I was saturated with cold sweat. Finally, he asked me a question and I thought it was my turn to show myself off. He said, “How did you stand in your class at Georgia Tech before entering Annapolis as a first year student?” I had done very well, and I threw my chest with pride and answered, “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!” I sat back to wait for the congratulations – which never came. Instead, the question: “Did you do your best?” I started to say, “Yes, sir,” but I remembered who this was, and thought of several of my times at the Academy when I could have learned more about our allies(二战时的同盟国), our enemies, weapons strategy(战略) and so on, so I finally said, “No, Sir, I didn’t always do my best.”He looked at me for a long time, and then turned his chair around to end the interview. He asked one final question, which I have never been able to forget – or to answer. He said, “Why not?” I sat there for a while, shaken, and then slowly left the room.小题1:The passage suggests that ___.A.the atmosphere of the interviews was very seriousB.the author always did his best in doing everythingC.the author and Admiral Rickover were good friendsD.Admiral Rickover knew the author quite well小题2:The word “saturated” in the second paragraph may probably mean ___.A.very satisfiedB.completely wetC.rather sadD.too excited小题3:When the author said: “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!’’ He meant __.A.he did better than most of his classmates at the AcademyB.he had 820 classmates and he was Number thirty-nineC.he was proud that the class he was in was very largeD.in the class only thirty-nine students stood in front of him - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:I had applied for the nuclear(核)submarine(潜艇) program, and Admiral Rickover was interviewing me for the job. It was the first time I met Admiral Rickover, and we sat in a large room by ourselves for more than two hours, and he let me choose any subjects I wished to discuss. Very carefully, I chose those about which I knew most at the time – recent events, seamanship, music, literature, naval tactics(海军战术), electronics, gunnery(射击学) – and he began to ask me a lot of questions that were more difficult. Every time after my answers, he soon showed that I knew rather little about the subjects I had chosen.
He always looked right into my eyes, and he never smiled. I was saturated with cold sweat. Finally, he asked me a question and I thought it was my turn to show myself off. He said, “How did you stand in your class at Georgia Tech before entering Annapolis as a first year student?” I had done very well, and I threw my chest with pride and answered, “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!” I sat back to wait for the congratulations – which never came. Instead, the question: “Did you do your best?” I started to say, “Yes, sir,” but I remembered who this was, and thought of several of my times at the Academy when I could have learned more about our allies(二战时的同盟国), our enemies, weapons strategy(战略) and so on, so I finally said, “No, Sir, I didn’t always do my best.”He looked at me for a long time, and then turned his chair around to end the interview. He asked one final question, which I have never been able to forget – or to answer. He said, “Why not?” I sat there for a while, shaken, and then slowly left the room.小题1:The passage suggests that ___.A.the atmosphere of the interviews was very seriousB.the author always did his best in doing everythingC.the author and Admiral Rickover were good friendsD.Admiral Rickover knew the author quite well小题2:The word “saturated” in the second paragraph may probably mean ___.A.very satisfiedB.completely wetC.rather sadD.too excited小题3:When the author said: “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!’’ He meant __.A.he did better than most of his classmates at the AcademyB.he had 820 classmates and he was Number thirty-nineC.he was proud that the class he was in was very largeD.in the class only thirty-nine students stood in front of himI had applied for the nuclear(核)submarine(潜艇) program, and Admiral Rickover was interviewing me for the job. It was the first time I met Admiral Rickover, and we sat in a large room by ourselves for more than two hours, and he let me choose any subjects I wished to discuss. Very carefully, I chose those about which I knew most at the time – recent events, seamanship, music, literature, naval tactics(海军战术), electronics, gunnery(射击学) – and he began to ask me a lot of questions that were more difficult. Every time after my answers, he soon showed that I knew rather little about the subjects I had chosen.
He always looked right into my eyes, and he never smiled. I was saturated with cold sweat. Finally, he asked me a question and I thought it was my turn to show myself off. He said, “How did you stand in your class at Georgia Tech before entering Annapolis as a first year student?” I had done very well, and I threw my chest with pride and answered, “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!” I sat back to wait for the congratulations – which never came. Instead, the question: “Did you do your best?” I started to say, “Yes, sir,” but I remembered who this was, and thought of several of my times at the Academy when I could have learned more about our allies(二战时的同盟国), our enemies, weapons strategy(战略) and so on, so I finally said, “No, Sir, I didn’t always do my best.”He looked at me for a long time, and then turned his chair around to end the interview. He asked one final question, which I have never been able to forget – or to answer. He said, “Why not?” I sat there for a while, shaken, and then slowly left the room.小题1:The passage suggests that ___.A.the atmosphere of the interviews was very seriousB.the author always did his best in doing everythingC.the author and Admiral Rickover were good friendsD.Admiral Rickover knew the author quite well小题2:The word “saturated” in the second paragraph may probably mean ___.A.very satisfiedB.completely wetC.rather sadD.too excited小题3:When the author said: “Sir, I stood thirty-ninth in a class of 820!’’ He meant __.A.he did better than most of his classmates at the AcademyB.he had 820 classmates and he was Number thirty-nineC.he was proud that the class he was in was very largeD.in the class only thirty-nine students stood in front of him科目:最佳答案小题1:A小题2:B小题3:A解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心I sat near the window on the flight.The middle and outer seats were__1__by two ladies busy working on a business project.As the plane took off,one of their__2__spilled (使散落) the things in it under the seat.We were__3__the airport so that everyone was gathering his or her things.The two ladies__4__to put their things back into their bags."Where's my wallet?"the one__5__next to me whispered.Her voice got__6__."Oh,my God,I have__7__my wallet!"she shouted.She__8__the spilled bag and asked the row behind us."Please__9__again and see if anything from my bag slid (滑)__10__there,I can't find my wallet." They looked more__11__this time.She twisted and turned,but no__12__.It wasn't just money.You can't even get on a plane without a picture ID,so she could be stuck at the airport between planes.
Finally,a man behind us said,"I've__13__it;it is in front of my feet."The woman said,"There wasn't much__14__in it but I sure needed it."Her friend sitting next to her said,"Today is your__15__day."
You see,I hadn't lost my wallet either.I__16__my pocket to make sure it was resting__17__in my front pocket.There is something that happens when someone else__18__something that makes you check yourself.
I said a silent "Thank You"__19__as the plane touched down.We landed safely and I had my wallet plus many other things that we don't think about until faced with their__20__.(
)1. A.sold (
)2.A.tickets (
)3.A.approaching (
)4. A.began(
)5.A.standing(
)6.A.angrier(
)7.A.wondered(
)8.A.remembered(
)9.A.compare (
)10.A.up(
)11.A.impatiently (
)12.A.luck(
)13.A.got (
)14.A.hope(
)15.A.bad (
)16.A.tore(
)17.A.comfortably (
)18.A.succeeds in (
)19.A.note(
)20 .A.appearance
B.takenB.walletsB.leaving B.stopped B.lying B.softer B.lostB.carried B.check B.downB.anxiously B.tearsB.heardB.food B.luckyB.openedB.magically B.goes throughB.messageB.injury 
C.broughtC.bags C.consideringC.hatedC.servingC.louder C.foundC.held C.standC.back C.slowly C.friendsC.chosen C.moneyC.useful C.touchedC.quicklyC.loses sight of C.prayer C.illness
D.refused D.pocketsD.watchingD.agreed D.sitting D.lower D.leftD.examinedD.feelD.sideway D.carefully D.results D.followed D.paper D.sad D.picked D.negativelyD.thinks about D.word D.loss
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:完形填空.
I sat near the window on the flight.The middle and outer seats were__1__by two ladies busy working on a business project.As the plane took off,one of their__2__spilled (使散落) the things in it under the seat.We were__3__the airport so that everyone was gathering his or her things.The two ladies__4__to put their things back into their bags."Where's my wallet?"the one__5__next to me whispered.Her voice got__6__."Oh,my God,I have__7__my wallet!"she shouted.She__8__the spilled bag and asked the row behind us."Please__9__again and see if anything from my bag slid (滑)__10__there,I can't find my wallet." They looked more__11__this time.She twisted and turned,but no__12__.It wasn't just money.You can't even get on a plane without a picture ID,so she could be stuck at the airport between planes.
Finally,a man behind us said,"I've__13__it;it is in front of my feet."The woman said,"There wasn't much__14__in it but I sure needed it."Her friend sitting next to her said,"Today is your__15__day."
You see,I hadn't lost my wallet either.I__16__my pocket to make sure it was resting__17__in my front pocket.There is something that happens when someone else__18__something that makes you check yourself.
I said a silent "Thank You"__19__as the plane touched down.We landed safely and I had my wallet plus many other things that we don't think about until faced with their__20__.(
)1. A.sold (
)2.A.tickets (
)3.A.approaching (
)4. A.began(
)5.A.standing(
)6.A.angrier(
)7.A.wondered(
)8.A.remembered(
)9.A.compare (
)10.A.up(
)11.A.impatiently (
)12.A.luck(
)13.A.got (
)14.A.hope(
)15.A.bad (
)16.A.tore(
)17.A.comfortably (
)18.A.succeeds in (
)19.A.note(
)20 .A.appearance
B.takenB.walletsB.leaving B.stopped B.lying B.softer B.lostB.carried B.check B.downB.anxiously B.tearsB.heardB.food B.luckyB.openedB.magically B.goes throughB.messageB.injury 
C.broughtC.bags C.consideringC.hatedC.servingC.louder C.foundC.held C.standC.back C.slowly C.friendsC.chosen C.moneyC.useful C.touchedC.quicklyC.loses sight of C.prayer C.illness
D.refused D.pocketsD.watchingD.agreed D.sitting D.lower D.leftD.examinedD.feelD.sideway D.carefully D.results D.followed D.paper D.sad D.picked D.negativelyD.thinks about D.word D.loss 完形填空.
I sat near the window on the flight.The middle and outer seats were__1__by two ladies busy working on a business project.As the plane took off,one of their__2__spilled (使散落) the things in it under the seat.We were__3__the airport so that everyone was gathering his or her things.The two ladies__4__to put their things back into their bags."Where's my wallet?"the one__5__next to me whispered.Her voice got__6__."Oh,my God,I have__7__my wallet!"she shouted.She__8__the spilled bag and asked the row behind us."Please__9__again and see if anything from my bag slid (滑)__10__there,I can't find my wallet." They looked more__11__this time.She twisted and turned,but no__12__.It wasn't just money.You can't even get on a plane without a picture ID,so she could be stuck at the airport between planes.
)1. A.sold (
)2.A.tickets (
)3.A.approaching (
)4. A.began(
)5.A.standing(
)6.A.angrier(
)7.A.wondered(
)8.A.remembered(
)9.A.compare (
)10.A.up(
)11.A.impatiently (
)12.A.luck(
)13.A.got (
)14.A.hope(
)15.A.bad (
)16.A.tore(
)17.A.comfortably (
)18.A.succeeds in (
)19.A.note(
)20 .A.appearance
D.refused D.pocketsD.watchingD.agreed D.sitting D.lower D.leftD.examinedD.feelD.sideway D.carefully D.results D.followed D.paper D.sad D.picked D.negativelyD.thinks about D.word D.loss 科目:最佳答案1-5BCAAD
11-15DAACB
16-20CABCD解析
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心Even though it was only October, my students were already whispering about Christmas plans.With each passing day everyone became more ____ waiting for the final school bell.Upon its ____ everyone would run for their coats and go home, everyone except David.David was a small boy in ragged clothes.I had often ____ what kind of home life David had, and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so ____ for the cold winter months, without a coat, boots, or gloves.But something made David ____.I can still remember he was always ____ a smile and willing to help.He always ____ after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor.We never talked much.He ____ just simply smile and ask what else he could do, then thank me for letting him stay and slowly ____ home.Weeks passed and the ____ over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of ____ before the holiday break.I smiled in ___ as the last of them hurried out the door.Turning around I saw David ____ standing by my desk.“I have something for you,” he said and ____ from behind his back a small box.____ it to me, he said anxiously, “Open it.” I took the box from him, thanked him and slowly unwrapped it.I lifted the lid and to my ____ saw nothing.I looked at David’s smiling face and back into the box and said, “The box is nice, David, but it’s ____.”“Oh no it isn’t,” said David.“It’s full of love.My mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn’t see or touch unless you know it’s there.”Tears filled my eyes ____ I looked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given ____ to.After that Christmas, David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning ___ the little empty box set on my desk.小题1:A.anxiousB.courageousC.seriousD.cautious小题2:A.warningB.ringingC.callingD.yelling小题3:A.scolded B.wonderedC.realizedD.learned小题4:A.modestlyB.naturallyC.inaccuratelyD.inappropriately小题5:A.popularB.upsetC.specialD.funny小题6:A.expressingB.deliveringC.wearingD.sharing小题7:A.practicedB.wanderedC.studiedD.stayed小题8:A.wouldB.shouldC.mightD.could小题9:A.aim atB.turn toC.put offD.head for小题10:A.argumentB.excitement C.movementD.judgment小题11:A.schoolB.yearC.educationD.program小题12:A.reliefB.returnC.vainD.control小题13:A.weaklyB.sadlyC.quietlyD.helplessly小题14:A.searchedB.foundC.raisedD.pulled小题15:A.HoldingB.HandingC.SendingD.Leaving小题16:A.delightB.expectationC.appreciationD.surprise小题17:A.cheapB.emptyC.uselessD.improper小题18:A.asB.untilC.becauseD.though小题19:A.adviceB.supportC.attentionD.command小题20:A.fromB.behindC.overD.towards - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:Even though it was only October, my students were already whispering about Christmas plans.With each passing day everyone became more ____ waiting for the final school bell.Upon its ____ everyone would run for their coats and go home, everyone except David.David was a small boy in ragged clothes.I had often ____ what kind of home life David had, and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so ____ for the cold winter months, without a coat, boots, or gloves.But something made David ____.I can still remember he was always ____ a smile and willing to help.He always ____ after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor.We never talked much.He ____ just simply smile and ask what else he could do, then thank me for letting him stay and slowly ____ home.Weeks passed and the ____ over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of ____ before the holiday break.I smiled in ___ as the last of them hurried out the door.Turning around I saw David ____ standing by my desk.“I have something for you,” he said and ____ from behind his back a small box.____ it to me, he said anxiously, “Open it.” I took the box from him, thanked him and slowly unwrapped it.I lifted the lid and to my ____ saw nothing.I looked at David’s smiling face and back into the box and said, “The box is nice, David, but it’s ____.”“Oh no it isn’t,” said David.“It’s full of love.My mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn’t see or touch unless you know it’s there.”Tears filled my eyes ____ I looked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given ____ to.After that Christmas, David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning ___ the little empty box set on my desk.小题1:A.anxiousB.courageousC.seriousD.cautious小题2:A.warningB.ringingC.callingD.yelling小题3:A.scolded B.wonderedC.realizedD.learned小题4:A.modestlyB.naturallyC.inaccuratelyD.inappropriately小题5:A.popularB.upsetC.specialD.funny小题6:A.expressingB.deliveringC.wearingD.sharing小题7:A.practicedB.wanderedC.studiedD.stayed小题8:A.wouldB.shouldC.mightD.could小题9:A.aim atB.turn toC.put offD.head for小题10:A.argumentB.excitement C.movementD.judgment小题11:A.schoolB.yearC.educationD.program小题12:A.reliefB.returnC.vainD.control小题13:A.weaklyB.sadlyC.quietlyD.helplessly小题14:A.searchedB.foundC.raisedD.pulled小题15:A.HoldingB.HandingC.SendingD.Leaving小题16:A.delightB.expectationC.appreciationD.surprise小题17:A.cheapB.emptyC.uselessD.improper小题18:A.asB.untilC.becauseD.though小题19:A.adviceB.supportC.attentionD.command小题20:A.fromB.behindC.overD.towardsEven though it was only October, my students were already whispering about Christmas plans.With each passing day everyone became more ____ waiting for the final school bell.Upon its ____ everyone would run for their coats and go home, everyone except David.David was a small boy in ragged clothes.I had often ____ what kind of home life David had, and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so ____ for the cold winter months, without a coat, boots, or gloves.But something made David ____.I can still remember he was always ____ a smile and willing to help.He always ____ after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor.We never talked much.He ____ just simply smile and ask what else he could do, then thank me for letting him stay and slowly ____ home.Weeks passed and the ____ over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of ____ before the holiday break.I smiled in ___ as the last of them hurried out the door.Turning around I saw David ____ standing by my desk.“I have something for you,” he said and ____ from behind his back a small box.____ it to me, he said anxiously, “Open it.” I took the box from him, thanked him and slowly unwrapped it.I lifted the lid and to my ____ saw nothing.I looked at David’s smiling face and back into the box and said, “The box is nice, David, but it’s ____.”“Oh no it isn’t,” said David.“It’s full of love.My mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn’t see or touch unless you know it’s there.”Tears filled my eyes ____ I looked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given ____ to.After that Christmas, David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning ___ the little empty box set on my desk.小题1:A.anxiousB.courageousC.seriousD.cautious小题2:A.warningB.ringingC.callingD.yelling小题3:A.scolded B.wonderedC.realizedD.learned小题4:A.modestlyB.naturallyC.inaccuratelyD.inappropriately小题5:A.popularB.upsetC.specialD.funny小题6:A.expressingB.deliveringC.wearingD.sharing小题7:A.practicedB.wanderedC.studiedD.stayed小题8:A.wouldB.shouldC.mightD.could小题9:A.aim atB.turn toC.put offD.head for小题10:A.argumentB.excitement C.movementD.judgment小题11:A.schoolB.yearC.educationD.program小题12:A.reliefB.returnC.vainD.control小题13:A.weaklyB.sadlyC.quietlyD.helplessly小题14:A.searchedB.foundC.raisedD.pulled小题15:A.HoldingB.HandingC.SendingD.Leaving小题16:A.delightB.expectationC.appreciationD.surprise小题17:A.cheapB.emptyC.uselessD.improper小题18:A.asB.untilC.becauseD.though小题19:A.adviceB.supportC.attentionD.command小题20:A.fromB.behindC.overD.towards科目:难易度:最佳答案小题1:A小题2:B小题3:B小题4:D小题5:C小题6:C小题7:D小题8:A小题9:D小题10:B小题11:A小题12:A小题13:C小题14:D小题15:B小题16:D小题17:B小题18:A小题19:C小题20:B解析
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 smileqiqi 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信