Somen hard at workhas he work...

这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~淑质英才—临川一中喻晓娟高中英语
当前位置:&&
上传: 喻晓娟 &&&&更新时间: 10:18:11
& 高考英语第二轮语法专题复习五 倒装句 &英语的基本句型是主语 + 谓语。如果将主语与谓语调换, 称倒装句。倒装句分全倒装句和半倒装句。
全倒装: 主语与谓语交换位置不需任何助动词, 叫全倒装。全倒装有以下三种 情况: w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m 1、当here, there, out, in, up, down等副词放在句首时, 句子需全倒装: There goes the bell! 铃响了! There lived an old man. Here c高考资源网omes the bus. 注意: ①在这种情况下倒装仅限于不及物动词或be动词, 像go, come, mush等。 ②主语如果是代词时不需倒装如Away he went. 他走远了。 2、方位状语在句首, 如: In front of the house stopped a police car. Nearby were two canoes in which they had come to the island. Under the tree sat a boy. 3 、直接引语在句首, 这种情况可倒装也可不倒装 &What does it mean?& asked the boy或the boy asked. 二、半倒装: 主语与谓语的助动词交换位置称半倒装, 有以下数种情况:
否定意义的词在句首, 句子半倒装, 例如: little, never, not, no, hardly, rarely, seldom Never shall I forget you. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m At no time was the man aware of what was happening. Little did I understand what he said to me at that time.
几对并列连词如not only&but also, hardly& when等连接两个并列句, 连词在句首, 前句半倒装, 后句不倒装: Not only was everything he had taker away from him, but also his German citizenship was taken away. No sooner had I got to the bus stop than the bus started. 注意: ①not only&but also连接两个并列主语时不需倒装, 如: Not only you but also I like playing chess. ②neither&nor在句首时, 前后两句都需倒装, Neither do I have a sister nor does my husband. 3、only在句首强调状语, 主句半倒装: Only then did I realize that I was wrong. Only in this way can I learn from my fault. Only when the war was over in 1918, was he able to get back to work. 注意: only强调主语不倒装: w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m Only the teachers can use the room. 4、so&that句型, so在句首时, 主句倒装, that从句不倒装: So easy is it that a clild can learn it. So hard did he work that he finally won the fame. I saw the film, so did he. 1、倒装句(Inversion) 英语的基本语序是&主语+谓语&。如果将谓语的全部或一部分放在主语之前,这种语序称为&倒装&。 一、倒装的类型 &
例&&&&&&&&&&& 句
Out rushed the students to welcome the foreign friends.
学生们涌出去欢迎外国朋友。
整个谓语移至主语之前。
Seldom does he go to school late.
他上学很少迟到。
只把系动词,情态动词,助动词或表语放在主语之前。
& 二、倒装结构的基本用法 1、由于语法结构的需要而使用的倒装 & &
例&&&&&&&&&&& 句
Have you got a dictionary?
你有一本字典吗?
Where did he go last Monday?
上星期一他去什么地方了?
Are you listening to the radio?
你在听广播吗?
Who told you the news?
谁告诉你那个消息的?
Which boy broke this glass?
哪个男孩子把这个玻璃打破了?
用完全或部分倒装,但以疑问词或疑问词修饰的名词作主语的疑问句要用正常语序。
&there be&结构中
There are three wells in our village.
我们村里有三口水井。
There stands a big paper making factory by the river.
河边有座大型造纸厂。
在以here, there, now, then, in, away, up down等副词开头的句子中
Here is a letter for you.
这儿有你一封信。
There goes the bell. 铃响了。
Now comes your turn to play.
现在轮到你玩了。w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
Away went the crowd one by one .
人们一个一个地离去。
Look, there he comes!&& 看,他来了。
Down she went& 她下来了。
使用完全倒装结构。
但如果主语是代词则用正常语序。
在以neither nor 或no more开头的句子中
I can&t swim, nor (neither)can she .
我不会游泳,她也不会。
He hasn&t been to the countryside, neither does he want to go there.
他没有去过农村,他也不想去那里。
He did not turn up. No more did his wife.
他没有来,他妻子也没有来。
表示&&也不这样, neither和nor意思相同,可以替换使用,no more表示动作的程度并不比前面提到的稍强。意为也不&。
用在as(尽管)引导的让步状语从句中
Proud as the nobles are ,he is afraid to see me .
尽管这些贵族很傲慢,他却害怕见我。
Young as he is, he knows a lot .
虽然他年轻,却知道很多东西。
从属连句as用于特殊语序,含义与though, although相同,但&as&这种结构可表示非常强烈的对照,必须用倒装(表语提前)
& 2、为了加强语气而使用的倒装。(使句子更加流畅,更加生动) &
例&&&&&&&&&&&&& 句
含有否定意义的副词或连词放在句首时
Never before have we seen such a sight.
以前我们从来没有见过这样的情景。
Little did I think that he could be back alive.
我没有想到他竟能活着回来。
Not until New Year&s Day shall I give you a gift.
我要到元旦那天才能给你礼物。
Not only was everything that he had taken away from him, but also his German citizenship.
不仅他所有的一切被没收了,而且连他的德国公民权也被剥夺了。
常用否定词有:&&&&&& never,not,hardly,
scarcely seldom, little, not until, not only&but also, no sooner &than, hardly (scarcely)&when等。一般主句用部分倒装结构。
副词only放在句首时
Only then did he realize his mistakes .
只有在那时,他才认识到自己的错误。
Only in this way can you learn maths well .
只有用这种方法,你才能学好数学。
Only Mother can understand me .
只有母亲最理解我。
Only three of us failed in the exam.
我们中只有三个人考试不及格。
only 起强调作用,其句型为&only +状语+部分倒装&。
如置于句首的only修饰主语,则不用倒装结构。
虚拟语气条件从句中
Were they here, they would help us .
他们要是在这儿,他们会帮助我们的。
Had I been informed earlier. I could have done something. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
我要是早得到通知,我就能干事了。
Should you fail, take more pain and try again.
万一你失败了,就要更加刻苦,重新再干。
把从句中if省略将were,had或should放在主语的前面。
直接引语的全部或一部分放在句首时
&He is a clever boy&said the teacher.
老师说:&他是个聪明的孩子。&
&Go, Dick, go!&cried Tom,&Go home and get help&&走,狄克,走!&汤姆呼喊着,&快回家去求援&
&What do you think of the film? &he asked.
他问&你认为这部电影怎么样?&
&I&m leaving for Hongkong next month&Mary told me yesterday.
玛利告诉我&我下月要去香港&。
主句主语和谓语次序颠倒,用完全倒装。
但如果主句主语为代词时或谓语部分比主语长,一般不用倒装。
表示祝愿的句子中
May you succeed!& 祝你成功。
Long live the Communist Party of China.
中国共产党万岁!
谓语动词或谓语的一部分放在主语的前面。
副词so在句首
He is interested in pop-songs, and so am I .
他对流行歌曲感兴趣,我也如此。
They will learn chemistry next term, so will I .
他们下学期学化学,我也学。
I can drive a car, so can my younger brother.
我会开汽车,我弟弟也会开车。
表示前面所说的情况也适合于另一个人或另一事物的肯定句中。
&Tom won the first prize for the English competition.&&&& -So he did.
英语竞赛汤姆获得了一等奖。确实如此。
It was cold yesterday. So it was .
昨天天气冷。的确冷。
如果后面的句子只是单纯重复前句的意思,不表示也适用于另一人或事,则不用倒装结构。
在频度状语often, always, many a time等开头的句子中
Often did we warn them not to do so.
我们曾多次警告他们不要这样做。
Many a time has she helped me with my English. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
她不止一次地帮助或学习英语。
在方式状语thus开头的句子中及程度状语so放句首
Thus ended his life.这样结束了他的生命。
So loudly did he speak that even people in the next room could hear him .
他讲话的声音那样大,连隔壁屋子里的人都听得见。
介词短语作状语,放在句首
In the middle of the room stood a little girl.
在房间中央站着一个小女孩。
In the distance was a horse.
马在远处。
在强调表语的句子中
Such was Albert Einstein, a simple man of great achievements.阿尔伯特&曼因斯坦就是这样一个人,一个纯朴而又取得巨大成就的人。
Such is life. 生活就是这样。
Nearby were two canoes in which they had come to the island.附近有两只他们来这个岛乘坐的独木船。
表语提前,不仅为了强调,而且为了使句子结构达到平衡协调,或使上下文紧密衔接。
【专项训练】 Ⅰ、选择填空 1、&&&&&& that we all went out, lying in the sun. &&&&&& A.The weather so fine was&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.So fine was the weather &&&&&& C.So the weather was fine&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.So was fine weather 2、Under his arm&&&&& a pair of shoes which he had bought from the shop a few days before. &&&&&& A.is &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.are&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.was&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.were 3、&&&&& who had arrested him three times for carrying drugs. &&&&&& A.Before George stood the policeman &&&&&& B.Before George the policeman stood &&&&&& C.Before the policeman stood George &&&&&& D.Before George did the policeman 4、Then &&&&&&&we had been looking forward to . &&&&&& A.came the hour &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.the hour came &&&&&& C.comes the hour&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.the hour is coming 5、Only when he started to explain &&&&&&&the reason for this. &&&&&& A.she realized&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.did she realize &&&&&& C.she had realized &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.had she realized &6、&&&&& &succeed in doing anything. &&&&&& A.Only by working hard we can&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B.By only working hard we can &&&&&& C.Only by working hard can we &&&&&& D.Only we can by working hard 7、Not for a moment &&&&&&the truth of your story. &&&&&& A.he has doubted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.he doubts &&&&&& C.did he doubt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.he did doubt w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m 8、Nowhere else in the world&&&&& &cheaper tailoring than in Hong Kong. &&&&&& A.a tourist can find&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.can a tourist find &&&&&& C.a tourist will find&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.a tourist has found &9、Hardly &&&&&&&when the bus suddenly pulled away. &&&&&& A.they had got to the bus-stop&&&&&&&&&& B.they got to the bus-stop &&&&&& C.did they get to the bus-stop&&&&&&&&&&& D.had they got to the bus -stop &10、Mary doesn&t speak French, and &&&&&&&&does Joan. &&&&&& A.not&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.neither&&&&&&&&&&&& C.either&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.so 11、&Do you know Jim quarrelled with his brother?& &I don&t know,&&&&&& . &&&&&& A.nor don&t I care&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.nor do I care &&&&&& C.I don&t care neither&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.I don&t care also 12、Not until the early years of the 19th century&&&& what heat is. &&&&&& A.man did know&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.man knew &&&&&& C.didn&t man know&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.did man know 13、After that we never saw her again nor &&&&&&from her. &&&&&& A.did we hear&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.we heard &&&&&& C.had we heard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.we have heard 14、John won the first prize in the contest. &&&&&&&&&&&&. &&&&&& A.So he did. &&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.So did he. &&&&&& &&&&&& C.So he did, too.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.So did he, too. 15、&&&&& ,he doesn&t study well. &&&&&& A.As he is clever &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.He is as clever &&&&&& C.Clever as he is &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.As clever he is 16、You can never use my tape recorder. &&&&time should you touch that machine. &&&&&& A.At no&&&&&&& B.At any &&&&&&&&&&& C.Any &&&&&&& D.No 17、Scarcely&&&& the room&&&&&& the phone rang. &&&&&& A.I had entered&when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Had I entered&then &&&&&& C.had I entered&when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.have I entered&when &18、Only &&&&&&&save his life. &&&&&& A.can the doctor&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.the doctor can &&&&&& C.will the doctor&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.could the doctor 19、Hardly anybody&&&& &the boy , because he is rude. &&&&&& A.does like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.likes&&&&&&&& C.do like&&&&&&&&&&&& D.like 20、So well&&&& &that the teacher praised her. &&&&&& A.she had done her homework &&&&&& B.her homework had been done &&&&&& C.did she do her homework &&&&&& D.she did her homework 21、Only when &&&&&&to know him will you get along with him. &&&&&& A.do you come&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.will you come&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.you come&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.you will come 22、Out &&&&&&, gun in hand. &&&&&& A.did he rush&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.rushed he &&&&&& &&&&&& C.he rushed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.had he rushed 23、He had promised me to come to the party ,and &&&&&&. &&&&&& A.so did he &&&&&&& B.so he did &&&&&&& C.so he would&&&&&&&&&&& D.so would he 24、Into the sky&&&&& &the light blue smoke. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m &&&&&& A.went up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.up went&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.did go up &&&&&&&&&&&&& D.had gone up 25、Little &&&&&&&about his own life at the meeting. &&&&&& A.did he talk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.he talked &&&&&& C.he was talking&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.had he talked 26、Under no circumstances&&&&& first use nuclear weapons. &&&&&& A.will China&&&&&&& B.China will &&&&&& C.does China&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.do China 27、&&&&& &taken that examination, she could have passed it . &&&&&& A.Were she &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Had she be able to & &&&&&& C.If she would have&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Had she 28、&&&&&& tomorrow , we would put off the match till next Monday. &&&&&& A.Should it rained&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Were it to rain &&&&&& C.If it would rain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Had it rained 29、Look, here&&&& . &&&&&& A.Mr. Brown comes &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.does Mr. Brown come &&&&&& C.comes Mr. Brown&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Mr. Brown has come 30、Often &&&&&us good advice. &&&&&& A.did she give&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.she did give &&&&&& C.she gave&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.she has given 31、Not until I began to work&&&&& how much time I had wasted. &&&&&& A.didn&t I realize&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.did I realize &&&&&& C.I didn&t realize&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.I realize 32、Little &&&&&&about his own safety , though he was in great danger himself. &&&&&& A.does he care&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.did he care &&&&&& C.he cares&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.he cared 33、&&&&&& began our new lesson. &&&&&& A.But &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Thus&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Such&&&&&&& D.So that 34、By no means &&&&&&look down upon the poor. &&&&&& A.we should&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.we should not &&&&&& C.do we &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.should we 35、Only when&&&&& 30 years old &&&&&&&&&&to learn English. &&&&&& A.was he , did he begin&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.he was , he began &&&&&& C.was he , he began&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.he was ,did he begin 36、Not once &&&&&&&their plan. &&&&&& A.did they change&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.they changed &&&&&& C.changed they&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.they did changed 37、&It&s very hot today.&&&&&&&&&&& &.& &&&&&& A.So it is &&&&&&&&&& B.So is it &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.So does it&&&&&&& D.So it does& 38、A fish needs water and without water it will die. &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& A.So does a man &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.So will a man &&&&&& C.So it is with a man&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.So is it with a man&& 39、They arrived at the farmhouse, in front of which&&&&&&&&&&&&&& . &&&&&& A.sat a small boy &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.a small boy sat &&&&&& C.is sitting a small boy &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.a small boy sitting 40、Society has changed and&&&&&& in it . &&&&&& A.so have the people &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.so the people have &&&&&& C.the people have so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.have the people so Ⅱ、改错 41、Only when was he 50 years old did he begin to learn French. 42、Little she knew Tom was was badly ill 43、Turn to the right and there are you. 44、And all around the fox in a circle was dogs. 45、&You can learn English well. &&&&&& &So can we. 46、I dare climb this tall tree, but do you? 47、Not once he kept his promise. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m 48、Many a time he has given us some good advice. 49、Such a noise there was that I couldn&t work in the room. 50、Only does my mother understand me. 【答案】: Ⅰ、 1、B&&&&&&&&&&&&& 2、C&&&&&&&&&&&&& 3、A&&&&&&&&&&&&& 4、A&&&&&&&&&&&&& 5、B&&&&&&&&&&&&& 6、C 7、C&&&&&&&&&&&&& 8、B&&&&&&&&&&&&& 9、D&&&&&&&&&&&& 10、B&&&&&&&&&&& 11、B&&&&&&&&&&& 12、D 13、A&&&&&&&&&&& 14、A&&&&&&&&&&& 15、C&&&&&&&&&&& 16、A&&&&&&&&&&& 17、C&&&&&&&&&&& 18、B 19、B&&&&&&&&&&& 20、C&&&&&&&&&&& 21、C&&&&&&&&&&& 22、C&&&&&&&&&&& 23、B&&&&&&&&&&& 24、A 25、A&&&&&&&&&&& 26、A&&&&&&&&&&& 27、D&&&&&&&&&&& 28、B&&&&&&&&&&& 29、C&&&&&&&&&&& 30、A 31、B&&&&&&&&&&& 32、B&&&&&&&&&&& 33、B&&&&&&&&&&& 34、D&&&&&&&&&&& 35、D&&&&&&&&&&& 36、A 37、A&&&&&&&&&&& 38、C&&&&&&&&&&& 39、A&&&&&&&&&&& 40、A Ⅱ、w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m 41、was he &he was 倒装主句不倒装从句。 42、She knew&did she know 此句为半倒装句。 43、are you &you are 此句为全部倒装句如主语是代词则不倒装。 44、was&we re主语是dogs 。 45、so we can 主语we与上一句中的主语you所指相同故不同倒装。 46、do you&dare you 前面句中用情态,后面要呼应。 47、he kept&did he keep 48、he has&has he 49、&O 50、去掉does,将understand改为understands。only后面跟状语倒装,后跟主语不倒装。
评论:(未激活和未注册用户评论需审核后才能显示!如需回复,请留下联系方式!)
文明上网,理智发言hard是什么意思,词典释义与在线翻译:
adj.(形容词)
猛烈的,烈性的
冷酷无情的,硬心肠的,苛刻的
硬的,坚硬的
(人)结实的
辛苦的,艰难的,困难的,艰苦的,费力的,困苦的,耗费体力的
难懂的,难做的,难以回答的
adv.(副词)
猛烈地,猛力地
努力地,艰难地,费力地,困难地
重重地,沉重地
彻底认真地
(使)艰难,变艰辛
adj.(形容词)
硬的,坚实的,坚固的 not soft or yielding to the firm
难做的,难懂的,难答的,困难的 difficult to do or
[A]辛苦的,努力的 energetic
(天气)凛冽的 (of the weather) severe
硬心肠的,冷酷无情的,严厉的 harsh
adv.(副词)
努力地 with great effort, ene intently
艰难地 with a struggle
严重地,猛烈地 heavily
提示:各行业词典APP中含有本词条的独家正版内容,在手机上可看到更多释义内容。
hard&:&硬的, 坚固 ...
在&&中查看更多...
hard&:&坚固的, 结 ...
在&&中查看更多...
hard&:&硬的, 坚固 ...
在&&中查看更多...
Adjective:
requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or
"a difficult task"
"nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"
"difficult times"
"why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
"took a hard look"
"a hard bargainer"
resisting weight or pressure
"strong winds"
"a hard left to the chin"
"a knockout punch"
"a severe blow"
characterized by effort to the especi
"worked their arduous way up the mining valley"
"a grueling campaign"
"hard labor"
"heavy work"
"heavy going"
"spent many laborious hours on the project"
"set a punishing pace"
produced without vibratio
"unvoiced consonants such as `p' and `k' and `s'"
(of light) transmitted directly from a pointed light source
(of speech sounds); produced with the back of the tongue raised toward o
"Russian distinguished between hard consonants and palatalized or soft consonants"
given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for
"a hard drinker"
being distilled r having a hi
"hard liquor"
"had hard luck"
"a tough break"
"hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
"the team played hard"
"worked hard all day"
"pressed hard on the lever"
"hit the ball hard"
"slammed the door hard"
"held hard to the railing"
"thought hard about it"
"stared hard at the accused"
causing grea
"industries hit hard by the depression"
"she was severely affected by the bank's failure"
"prejudices die hard"
"he drank heavily"
"concrete that sets hard within a few hours"
very near or cl
"it stands hard by the railroad tracks"
"they were hard on his heels"
"a strike followed hard upon the plant's opening"
with pain or di
"he took the rejection very hard"
"hard alee"
"the ship went hard astern"
"swung the wheel hard left"
hard的用法和样例:
用作形容词 (adj.)
It's very hard to maintain a relationship.
要维持一段关系,是很困难的。
It's very hard on parents when their children are rebellious.
对父母来说,孩子叛逆是个很棘手的问题。
He likes to pretend he is hard, but he is really soft underneath.
他喜欢故作坚强,但是他内心真的很脆弱。
She has really good looks but a hard heart.
她确实长得漂亮,可是却有一颗残酷的心。
He gave the door a hard shove and it opened.
他猛地一推门,门开了。
I don't want to go out in such hard weather.
我不想在这么冷的天气里出门。
We need some hard evidence to support our claim.
我们需要一些确凿的证据来支持我们的主张。
用作副词 (adv.)
Most importantly, you must work hard to catch up.
最为重要的是,你必须努力学习,迎头赶上。
The senator was hard opposed by her rivals on the issue of social welfare.
那名参议员在社会福利问题上遭到对手强烈的反对。
Small businesses in particular were hit hard by the recession.
尤其是一些小企业在经济萧条中遭受了严重的打击。
You need to keep moving ahead hard and confidently.
你要坚定而充满信心地走下去。
用作形容词 (adj.)
Make a hard knot.
打一个结实的结。
Granite is a very hard stone.
花岗岩是一种很坚硬的石头。
The jar contained assorted hard candies.
这罐子里装有什锦硬糖。
Can linguistics ever be a hard science like physics?
语言学是否能成为像物理学那样实在的科学?
The teacher asked a hard question.
老师问了一个很难回答的问题。
That's hard work.
那是一项辛苦的工作。
This behaviour is not conducive to hard work.
这种举止行为不可能认真勤奋地工作。
They have had a hard time bringing up ten children.
他们把10个孩子拉扯大真不容易。
This project is a hard task.
这个工程是一项艰巨的任务。
Hard conditions turned her hair grey.
艰苦的环境使她的头发变白了。
The village was quiet. Most farmers were fast asleep after a day's hard work.
村子里静悄悄的。在一天的辛勤劳动之后,大多数农民都已经熟睡了。
Only hard work gives good results.
努力工作才能有好的结果。
It takes hard work to get ahead in business.
要想在商业上获得成功需要努力工作。
Her husband is a hard drinker.
她丈夫酗酒。
The hard rain flattened the tomato plants.
暴雨把西红柿秧打倒伏了。
This has been a hard winter.
这是一个严寒的冬天。
A hard illness kept him in bed for a whole year.
重病使他整整一年卧床不起。
A hard blow knocked the boxer down.
对方猛烈的一拳将这个拳击手击倒在地。
We dealt hard blows at the enemy.
我们狠狠地打击了敌人。
The lawyers exchanged hard words.
律师们唇枪舌剑,互不相让。
We know that this man is a hard bargainer.
我们听说此人善于讨价还价。
He gave me a hard, bleak look.
他冷冷地盯了我一眼。
John's father is a man with a hard heart.
约翰的父亲是个铁石心肠的人。
Good sports records come from hard training.
良好的运动成绩是靠严格训练取得的。
He has a hard father.
他有一个严厉的父亲。
He had a hard look on his face.
他表情严峻。
Hard feelings existed between the neighbours.
那些邻居们彼此抱有敌意。
That's a hill hard to climb.
那是座难爬的山。
This bit of wood feels hard.
这块木头摸起来很硬。
The rock here was hard as flint.
这里的岩石像燧石一样坚硬。
The soft, warm body became hard and cold.
那温暖柔软的身体变得又硬又冷。
The exam was extremely hard.
这次考试非常难。
Though nurses' work is very hard,I like it very much.
虽然护士工作很苦,我还是很喜欢它。
When times are hard, incidents of theft and cheating usually go up.
当时世艰难时,偷窃和欺骗事件通常便会增多。
Unloading the boxes is hard, inspecting them is difficult.
把盒子卸下来是费劲的,检查它们则是困难的。
S+be+~+ prep .-phrase
This job will be hard for me.
这工作对我来说将会是很困难的。
The stone is hard to the touch.
这石头很硬。
He is hard and unfeeling towards his children.
他对自己的孩子严厉无情。
Life is really hard with Jim.
吉姆的日子实在很难。
S+be+~+(for sb) to- v
The poem is hard to understand.
这首诗难懂。
Old habits are hard to break.
积习难改。
This seems hard to explain.
这个问题好像难以说清楚。
She says her husband is hard to please.
她说她的丈夫是难以取悦的。
She is hard to deal with.
对付她是很难的。
The ground is too hard to dig.
地硬得没法挖。
The task is too hard for them to finish ahead of time.
任务太艰巨,他们提前完成不了。
S+be+~+that-clause
This candy is so hard that no one can chew it.
这种糖太硬,没人嚼得动。
The book is so hard that I cannot read it at all.
这本书太难了,我一点儿也读不懂。
It is/was+~+(for sb) to- v
It's hard to know what he's really thinking.
很难知道他到底在想什么。
It's hard to say what is the best course of action.
很难说什么是最好的行动方针。
It is hard to say whether he will win the election .
他能否在选举中获胜,这很难说。
Without experience it is hard to avoid mistakes.
没有经验,难免要犯错误。
It's hard for an old man to change his lifestyle.
老年人难以改变其生活方式。
用作宾语补足语
Regular physical exercises soon made the boys hard.
经常的运动使那些男孩的身体很快变结实了。
She found it hard to make up her mind.
她发现难以下决心。
用作副词 (adv.)
They tried hard to succeed.
他们尽力设法取得成功。
From this day forward,I will study hard.
从今以后我要刻苦学习。
Until recently he worked very hard on his mysterious experiments.
最近他一直努力工作进行他神秘的实验。
She decided to work harder so as to catch up with the others.
她决心更加努力地学习好赶上别人。
Tom followed hard behind me.
汤姆紧跟在我身后。
The policeman ran the thief hard and caught him at last.
警察紧追小偷,最后把他抓住了。
I thought long and hard about the problem.
关于那个问题我费力地想了很长时间。
With my parents' hard earned money,I finished my school education.
靠着父母亲辛辛苦苦赚来的钱,我完成了学业。
It has been freezing hard since last week.
上星期以来天气一直酷寒。
As the wind blew harder, the waves grew rougher.
风越刮越大,海浪也越来越汹涌。
Please don't boil eggs hard.
请别把鸡蛋煮老了。
用作形容词 (adj.)
as hard as a brick〔rock, stone〕
极硬的,硬如 very hard or firm
The loaf is as hard as a brick.
这块面包坚硬得像块砖头。
The biscuits she baked turned out to be as hard as rock.
她烤的饼干结果像石头一样硬。
be hard on
严格对待或批评某人 treat or criticize sb severely
Don't be too hard on her—she's very young.
别对她太严了——她还小呢。
She's new at the job and bound to make a few mistakes, so don't be too hard on her.
她对这工作不熟悉,必定会出差错,因此别对她过分严厉。
She begged him not to be so hard on the child.
她要求他不要对孩子那么严厉。
对某人不公平 be unfair to sb
I know we can't make exceptions to our rules, but it's a bit hard on those who did nothing wrong.
我知道我们的规定不容许有例外,但对没做任何错事的人来说有点不公平。
It's hard on Jimmy, having to work when the rest of us are enjoying ourselves.
对吉米太不公平,我们其他人玩的时候他还不得不工作。
hard and fast
(规则等)不能变通的,不容更改的 (of rules, etc.) that cannot be altered
inflexible
This distinction isn't hard and fast.
这样的分类并非是一成不变的。
There are no hard and fast rules to be followed here.
这里没有严格的、固定不变的规则要遵守。
There are no hard and fast rules about the use of hyphens in English.
对于连字符号的使用,英语中没有严格的限制。
We must make it a hard and fast rule not to allow any parent to enter a classroom without first speaking to the headmaster.
我们一定要作出严格的规定,没有校长的许可,家长不得进入教室。
He stuck hard and fast to his principles.
他刻板地坚持自己的原则。
hard going
难懂的,难欣赏的,令人厌烦的 difficult to boring
I'm finding this book very hard going.
我觉得这本书十分难懂。
hard lines〔luck〕 (on sb)
〈口〉(用作叹词或当提及某人的不幸时用以表示同情) used as an exclamation or a sympathetic comment on sb's misfortune
You failed your driving test,I hear—hard lines!
听说你驾驶执照考试没及格——真不走运!
It's hard luck on those who were beaten in the first round of the competition.
那些在第一轮比赛中就遭到失败的人真是倒霉。
hard of hearing
听觉不灵的 rather deaf
It's difficult to talk to her, because she is hard of hearing.
跟她说话很难,因为她听觉不灵。
Can scientists help the hard of hearing to hear better?
科学家能帮助重听者听得更清楚一点吗?
We're a little hard of hearing out here.
我们这里消息很不灵通。
hard to take
难以接受 difficult to accept without annoyance, grief or bitterness
I find his attitude very hard to take.
我觉得他的态度实在难以接受。
take a hard line (on〔over〕)
奉行强硬路线,持强硬态度 remain fixed and uncompromising in one's attitude, policy, etc.
Some of the employees have produced bad work, the management will have to take a hard line with them in future.
有些雇员工作得不好,管理部门势必采取硬性措施。
too much like hard work
太费劲,太累人 too demanding or wearisome to undertake
I don't want to go for a walk on such a hot day—it's too much like hard work for me.
我不想在这样的大热天里去散步——我简直吃不消。
用作副词 (adv.)
be hard put (to it) to
难以 find it difficult to do sth
He was hard put to it to explain her disappearance.
他难以说明她为什么不见了。
We are hard put to find a replacement for our assistant.
我们很难找到一个人来代替我们的助手。
be hard up for
缺少某事物,需要某事物 need sth
He's hard up for ideas.
他没有主意 。
The editor of the magazine was hard up for material.
那家杂志的编辑缺少材料。
I'm hard up for clothes, but I have a lot of books.
我缺少衣服,但是我有很多书。
在附近,紧挨着 near by
There was an inn hard by.
附近有个客栈。
He stood hard by me.
他站在我的旁边。
hard done by
受到不当或不公正对待 unfairly treated
She feels rather hard done by.
她觉得有点委屈。
I felt very hard done by when I got less money than anybody else, after I had worked twice as hard.
我卖的力气比别人多一倍,但我得到的钱比谁都少,实在不公平。
紧接着 very soon after
His death followed hard on hers.
他在她死后不久也死了。
hard on sb's heels
紧跟某人 closely following sb
He ran ahead, with the others hard on his heels.
他在前头跑,其他人紧随其后。
hit...hard
对某人〔某物〕产生不利影响 affect sb/sth badly
hit sb/sth hard
The farmers were hard hit by the bad weather.恶劣的天气使农民受到沉重打击。
Television has hit the cinema industry very hard.电视的出现沉重地打击了电影业。
take...hard
因某事而极度悲伤或烦恼 be very grieved or upset by sth
take sth hard
When their child died they took it very hard.孩子死的时候他们痛苦不堪。
He failed his examination, and he's taking it very hard.他考试不及格,因此非常难受。
用作形容词 (adj.)
大肆讨价还价
挑剔的顾客
艰苦的工作
艰苦的生活
强烈的暴风雨
艰难的时刻
勤奋的工人
恶感,对立情绪
难听的声音
比较艰难的路,比较困难的方式
艰苦的工作
~+动词不定式
难以说清楚
对某人严厉
The infantry: hard, bare feet rhythmically kicking up the dust.
出自:E. Waugh
English muffins which had been toasted in the morning and were as hard as cement.
出自:E. Hardwick
hard的详细讲解:
hard一般表示“困难的”。
This is a hard question to answer.这是个难题,不好回答。
hard在hard of hearing(有些聋的)中有特殊含义“艰难的”,注意不适合用在别处;
hard后可接of和表示动作的名词。
This food is hard of digestion.这个食物很难消化。
注意hard一般不会和impossible连用,可选择将difficult同impossible连用。
It is hard, if not impossible.这个表达是错误的。
短语a hard time表示一个人的“困难时期”,而hard times则表示“不景气”。
adj.(形容词)
hard作“困难的”解时,指要消耗很大的体力去做某事,有时也指精神上的困难。
hard还可表示“费力的,费神的,艰难的” “持强硬态度的,不妥协的,不让步的” “有力的,猛烈的,严厉的” “困苦的,难以忍受的” “(声音)刺耳的,(颜色)刺目的” “酒精含量高的”等。
hard在句中可用作定语或表语,其后可跟for〔to, with〕等介词短语、动词不定式、that从句。
hard是对主语具有评价意义的形容词,说明主语在哪方面“难”。接动词不定式时,句子的主语不是该不定式的主语,而是该不定式的宾语。
adv.(副词)
hard修饰动态动词,位于实义动词之后。
adj.(形容词)
hard at, hard on
这两个短语都是“动词+介词(短语)”型短语,在句中作表语。其区别主要在意思上:hard at意为“努力工作〔学习〕”,其后多接work, study, task等名词; 而hard on意为“严格对待…”,其后多接表示人的名词,间或也可接表示事物的名词。
hard, difficult
这两个词均可表示“困难的”,其区别是:
difficult是较正式的用词,主要指智力方面的困难,多意味着“复杂”“难以处理”“难以了解”“需要智慧或技巧”; hard是口语用词,主要是指体力方面的困难,多意味着“不易做”。试比较:
Passing the examination is a difficult task.
通过这次考试并不容易。
The making of a road is a hard job.
筑路是项艰苦的工作。
hard, firm, solid
这三个词都可表示“坚硬的”“坚定的”。其区别是:
firm指组织与构造是坚韧的,不容易因拉伸、弯曲而变形,暗示稳定或坚固; hard指厚实或坚硬,能抵抗压力,几乎不能压缩、拉伸或挖掘或极度执著,有顽固之意; solid指结构很坚固,密度一致,有很强的稳定性,能抵抗任何压力。例如:
I took a firm hold on the rope.我牢牢地抓住了绳子。
The ground was too hard to dig.这块地太硬没法挖。
The buildings are surrounded with solid walls.这座建筑周围用坚硬的墙围着。
hard up, lower classes, poor
这三个词(组)都用于描写一些人,这些人不能获得足够的钱物以保证像样的生活水平。其区别是:
poor是其中最广义的词,可指长期或临时的物质或精神的匮乏; hard up是poor的口头用语,常指短期物质的匮乏,例如发工资前借钱买午餐或庄稼歉收时的农民,都可用 lower classes习惯上用于指在任何社会中社会地位和经济地位最低的一些人,那些所谓lower classes的人通常是穷的,然而如今该词常用作带贬义的势利语,指那些胸无大志,缺少教养的人,这些人经济上也许贫也许富。例如:
If prices continue to advance, poor people will find it hard to live.如果物价继续上涨,穷人的日子就更不好过了。
I am hard up for money this month.我这个月手头拮据。
He is a member of lower classes.他是下层社会的一员。
adv.(副词)
hard, hardly
1.hard可作形容词或副词; 而hardly只能用作副词。
2.hard意指“坚硬”“痛苦的”“结实的”“艰难地”“困苦地”“费力地”“困难地”; 而hardly是“几乎不”“几乎没有”的意思。
这两个形容词均有“困难”之意。
:difficult比hard较为正式,侧重需要特别的能力、智力、判断力、技巧或勇气才能克服障碍。也可指深奥或抽象的难题。
:hard含义广,通俗用词,与easy相对,泛指任何难理解,不好处理或不易做的事。
adj.(形容词)
我觉得这个问题很难解决。
误 I am hard to solve this problem.
正 I find this problem hard to solve.
析 hard作“困难”解时,不能用于人称结构。
错句举例与错句分析
错句:it is hard work for me to make clear for you.
纠正:it is hard for me to make clear for you.
翻译:让我给你讲明白是件很难的事情。
分析:常见格式为it is hard to do sth。
☆ 直接源自古英语的haerd,意为固体的,结实的,不软的;最初源自原始日耳曼语的kharthus。
hard的海词问答与网友补充:
[释义]辛苦的
[近反义词]近义词:harm
hard的相关资料:
hard&:&硬的,坚硬 ...
在&&中查看更多...
【同义词】
adj.(形容词)
adv.(副词)
【反义词】
adj.(形容词)
adv.(副词)
hard的相关缩略词,共有9条
高精度的检索从文件
头盔辅助雷达探测
卧式声波范围的情形
hard:hard adj. 硬的, 坚固的, (问题, 工作等)困难的, 艰苦的, 猛烈的, 确实的adv. 努力地, 辛苦地, 坚硬地, 牢固地, 接近地, 猛烈地习惯用语hard as nails 铁石心…
相关词典网站:}

我要回帖

更多关于 men hard at work 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信