what is the timeend beh...

Free ebooks for subscribers!
If you are like me, you avoid processed foods as much as possible with perhaps a few exceptions. In my case that may be tinned tomatoes or tuna.
Foods that are pickled like capers or…well, pickles, are something else you may find in my refrigerator.
These are traditional foods with one or few ingredients preserved with either an acidic medium, salt or oil so the ingredients list is often one plus the preserving media.
However, increasingly seemingly simple foods like supermarket ‘flavoured’ teas or even apple juice have either ‘flavouring’ or ‘nature identical flavouring’ added.
Strange, isn’t it?
Why would apple juice or orange juice or that new tea with ‘Natural’ in large letters on the box need ‘flavouring’?
‘Nature Identical Flavouring’ or aroma is…not natural.
It is laboratory produced.
To create new flavor additives, chemists sometimes use fungal and tissue cultures—both of which can produce flavorings classified as “natural.
Step back a moment and understand that all foods have natural chemicals in a synergistic balance that gives flavour and aroma to the product.
Laboratories can and have isolated the precise flavour and aroma components for the food industry – in fact, there are over 2,000 approved flavourings.
Because processed food loses its flavour quickly if not immediately.
Then there is the transport and storage problem that may also adversely affect foods.
There was a time when labels had to show what was natural,
artificial or as in more recent years,
‘nature identical’ label.
However, this is no longer the case for most of those 2,000 lab produced flavours and aromas thanks to government deregulation.
The flavour of the produce we consume is highly variable, depending on the harvest, time of harvest and transport.
Too much rain, for example will result in a less than optimal watery tasting orange – yet the orange juice of any particular brand will be consistent.
Lab produced ‘nature identical flavouring’ pack solves this problem and also that of flavour consistency.
Good news for the mega-food industry.
They can sell consumers substandard product that has been artificially flavour boosted.
Read about the orange juice fraud in the reference section below.
It may be true – if one listens to the scientists – that there is no chemical difference between natural orange flavoring components and that of the lab produced.
And this is not the entire problem.
The problem is the concentrated doses not otherwise found in nature.
Scientists may make no differentiation between lab produced and truly natural – but the body does.
A family whose meals consist mostly of highly processed convenience foods is consuming large amounts of chemicals along with their foods which in the short and long term will affect the health.
Most vulnerable are young children, whose little bodies are still developing.
Flavor engineers get consumers addicted and most food manufactures would rather not have it known that their processed foods are flavored with a concoction of chemicals.
The problem is the long term, accumulative effect on the body that may produce vague symptoms difficult to identify as to the cause.
A short list of
known symptoms are:
skin rashes (eczema, hives, itchy skin)
asthma or worsen existing asthma of any kind
headaches, migraines
joint pains
susceptibility to frequent colds
lack of concentration
irritability
restlessness
aggressiveness, overreactions to normal situations
Add to these lab produced flavors and aromas the flavor enhancers (MSG etc) chemical colorings and preservatives, soya and unknown fillers,
less than optimal vitamin content due to the mass production processing and it is no wonder that society is faced with far more health problems than just a few generations ago.
Isn’t it better to eat simpler and ditch the chemical concoctions passed off as ‘food’?
Reintroduce oneself and family to real food?
Start with one or two products at a time.
Ditch the flavored yogurt with the syrupy ‘fruit’ and add chopped fruit instead.
Cook homemade meals such as stews and soups in larger quantities and freeze them in portions to save time.
Your health starts with how you fuel your body.
If not for your sake, think of those young, vulnerable and still developing bodies of your children.
References:
Flavors and Flavor Enhancers: natural or artificial, what’s the difference?
Avoid Gluten – Natural and Artificial Flavor
Understanding Flavoring in Tea
What’s the Difference Between Natural and Artificial?
Food Labs Use An Average of 2000 Chemicals To Create 500 ‘Natural Flavors’ You Would Never Suspect Are Artificial
Commercial 100% Orange Juice Fraud: Toxic Perfume Flavor Packs Added
Related video:
Filed Under
Most Read Posts
Featured Video
Raw Cultured Vegetables, A Fermented Probiotic-Rich Food Source
Epi D blog features articles about food related health issues, interesting topics, titbits of information as well as tips and quips.
Oh, and a rant here and there.
are of a cautionary nature or highlighting the health benefits of a particular food or ingredient.
Others off those topics are in Whatever Else and still others are such that No Comment is necessary.
Who is admin?
Well traveled ex-nomad, with a healthy curiosity who cooks and reminds herself frequently that in spite of everything, Life is Grand ...especially while sipping on another espresso.Willa Cather once said,"When people ask me whether writing has been a hard or easy road,I always answer with the famous saying: The end is nothing;the road is all.That is what I mean when I say writing has been a pleasure.I have never used the computer with the thought that one more task had to be done."Like most writers,Willa Cather did not write books for the money that they brought her,but rather for the pleasure that came in their writing.Her works were,like her,simple and full of the vigor of her days in Nebraska,where she grew from child to young womanhood and where she developed a deep love for the treeless land of the great plain with its wild flowers,wheat fields and rivers.
"It"s a rather strange thing about the flat country," she wrote later."It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.A great many people find it very dull;they like a church tower,an old factory,a waterfall,the country all made to look like a German Christmas card ...But when I come to the open plain,something happens.I"m home.I breathe differently."1.Willa Cather wrote because she found writing________.A.simple and livelyB.opened up a road to successC.neither too hard nor too easyD.interesting and enjoyable2.What was the place like where Cather grew up?A.It was cold,plain and without a church.B.It was vast,open and flat.C.It was like a German Christmas card.D.It was a colorful world of wild flowers.3.When she said "It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.",Willa Cather meant that________.A.you either love the place or hate itB.you decide either to stay or to leaveC.some find the place warm;others find it coldD.some find the place peaceful;others find it wild4.What happens when Cather comes to the open plain?A.She breathes differently from others.B.She wants to make the place her home.C.She feels completely comfortable.D.She finds the place similar to her home. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Willa Cather once said,"When people ask me whether writing has been a hard or easy road,I always answer with the famous saying: The end is nothing;the road is all.That is what I mean when I say writing has been a pleasure.I have never used the computer with the thought that one more task had to be done."Like most writers,Willa Cather did not write books for the money that they brought her,but rather for the pleasure that came in their writing.Her works were,like her,simple and full of the vigor of her days in Nebraska,where she grew from child to young womanhood and where she developed a deep love for the treeless land of the great plain with its wild flowers,wheat fields and rivers.
"It"s a rather strange thing about the flat country," she wrote later."It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.A great many people find it very dull;they like a church tower,an old factory,a waterfall,the country all made to look like a German Christmas card ...But when I come to the open plain,something happens.I"m home.I breathe differently."1.Willa Cather wrote because she found writing________.A.simple and livelyB.opened up a road to successC.neither too hard nor too easyD.interesting and enjoyable2.What was the place like where Cather grew up?A.It was cold,plain and without a church.B.It was vast,open and flat.C.It was like a German Christmas card.D.It was a colorful world of wild flowers.3.When she said "It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.",Willa Cather meant that________.A.you either love the place or hate itB.you decide either to stay or to leaveC.some find the place warm;others find it coldD.some find the place peaceful;others find it wild4.What happens when Cather comes to the open plain?A.She breathes differently from others.B.She wants to make the place her home.C.She feels completely comfortable.D.She finds the place similar to her home.
Willa Cather once said,"When people ask me whether writing has been a hard or easy road,I always answer with the famous saying: The end is nothing;the road is all.That is what I mean when I say writing has been a pleasure.I have never used the computer with the thought that one more task had to be done."Like most writers,Willa Cather did not write books for the money that they brought her,but rather for the pleasure that came in their writing.Her works were,like her,simple and full of the vigor of her days in Nebraska,where she grew from child to young womanhood and where she developed a deep love for the treeless land of the great plain with its wild flowers,wheat fields and rivers.
"It"s a rather strange thing about the flat country," she wrote later."It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.A great many people find it very dull;they like a church tower,an old factory,a waterfall,the country all made to look like a German Christmas card ...But when I come to the open plain,something happens.I"m home.I breathe differently."1.Willa Cather wrote because she found writing________.A.simple and livelyB.opened up a road to successC.neither too hard nor too easyD.interesting and enjoyable2.What was the place like where Cather grew up?A.It was cold,plain and without a church.B.It was vast,open and flat.C.It was like a German Christmas card.D.It was a colorful world of wild flowers.3.When she said "It takes hold of you or it leaves you perfectly cold.",Willa Cather meant that________.A.you either love the place or hate itB.you decide either to stay or to leaveC.some find the place warm;others find it coldD.some find the place peaceful;others find it wild4.What happens when Cather comes to the open plain?A.She breathes differently from others.B.She wants to make the place her home.C.She feels completely comfortable.D.She finds the place similar to her home.科目:难易度:最佳答案
1-4DBAC
解析知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心当前位置:
>>>It is well-known that the “prom”, a formal dance held at the..
It is well-known that the “prom”, a formal dance held at the end of high school or college, is an important date in every student’s life. What is less well-known is that the word “prom” comes from the verb “to promenade”, which means to walk around, beautifully dressed, in order to attract attention. The idea is that you should see and be seen by others.The prom is not just an American tradition, though most people believe that it started in America. In Canada the event is called a “formal”. In Britain and Australia the old fashioned word “dance” is more and more frequently being referred to as a “prom”. Most countries have some form of celebration when students finish high school: after all, it means the end of life as a child, and the beginning of life as an adult.The prom is expensive to organize and the tickets can cost students a lot of money. The tradition is that students themselves have to raise the money to pay for it. Selling the students newspapers is on so is taking a part-time job at the weekend.Although the prom should be the experience of a lifetime, it also worries many students. There is the problem of what to wear, who to take as your partner, who will be voted “prom queen”, etc. And it is not only students who feel worried. What many parents find difficult is the realization that their children’s school days are almost over. However, for most people at the prom, once the music starts playing, everyone relaxes and stops worrying.小题1:In which country is the prom called a “formal”?A.America.B.Canada.C.Britain.D.Australia.小题2:Why is the prom important in the students’ lives?A.It’s the sign of becoming an adult.B.It’s an old tradition in many countries.C.There are many problems to work out.D.The students can raise money by themselves.小题3:What is the passage mainly about?A.The history of the prom.B.The traditions of the prom.C.The development of the prom.D.The general information of the prom.
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:B小题2:A小题3:D试题分析:短文大意:这篇短文主要介绍了毕业舞会的由来以及举行这个活动的意义和面临的一些问题。小题1:细节理解题.根据第二段In Canada the event is called a “formal”. 描述,可知在加拿大这个毕业舞会被当做正式的社交活动.故选B.小题2:细节理解题.根据第二段after all, it means the end of life as a child, and the beginning of life as an adult.描述,可知在这个舞会之后就意味着学生们已经是个成年人了.故选A.小题3:主旨大意题.这篇短文主要介绍了毕业舞会的由来以及举行这个活动的意义和面临的一些问题.故选D,关于毕业舞会的一般信息.
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“It is well-known that the “prom”, a formal dance held at the..”主要考查你对&&政治经济类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
政治经济类阅读
政治经济类阅读:该类文章时代气息浓郁,语言鲜活,但熟字新义词、超纲词及专业词语多,长句、难句多。政治类文章大多数是同学们感性趣的内容,读起来倒有似曾相识的感觉,经济类文章读起来就像是雾里看花,文章看完,一头雾水。再加之这类文章的命题侧重于词义猜测、推理判断和文章主旨,同学们对这类题材是望而生畏。政治经济类阅读注意:1、要做好这类阅读,平时就要注意了解国内外发生的政治经济大事,掌握一定背景知识; 2、对这类文章的叙述特点及内容安排有一定了解,还要扩展这方面的词汇;3、阅读这类文章,要抓住文章的核心,即文章整体和各段主要在说什么,也要注意段落之间的逻辑关系。
政治经济类阅读技巧:针对不同体裁的文章,我们要采取相应的阅读方法和技巧。政治类文章多采用记叙文形式,我们可采取“顺读法”,以便抓关键语句,领会文章主旨;而经济类文章则多采用说明文形式,我们则可以采取“逆读法”,先读试题,再从文章中查找有用信息。若遇到的确难读的材料。1. 寻找主干:根据英语中五种基本句型结构,把句子中的主语、谓语、宾语、表语等主要成分找出来,其他成分如定语、状语、补语等则易于理解。找到了句子主干,句子的意思至少明白了一半。2. 剔除从句:在一个长句中可能会出现若干个从句,在理解时,如果把各个从句剔除出来单独理解,然后把大意拼凑起来,整个长句的意思就会明白六、七分。3. 辨别分句:一个长句如果是由几个并列、转折、递进、对比关系的分句组成,句中往往有表示这些分句关系的连接词,只要能弄清楚分句和分句之间的逻辑关系,再把各层分句的意思加以连贯,整个长句的句意基本上能跃然脑中。4. 寻找关键词:如果一个句子看完,一点句意的感觉也没有,下下策就是抓住句中的关键词,通过关键词大体弄懂这个长句的意思。
发现相似题
与“It is well-known that the “prom”, a formal dance held at the..”考查相似的试题有:
8923551865290383277650287940261346}

我要回帖

更多关于 what is the time 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信