Write My Name in the Dust
唱片公司:
发行时间:
专辑类别:
录音室专辑
我的评价:
Pete Bardens专辑介绍:by
Richie Unterberger
Write My Name in the Dust was the American release of Pete Bardens' second album, which was simply titled Peter Bardens in the U.K., though the contents were identical. It was a curious low-key, slightly downbeat affair whose unspectacular mixture of hard rock, blues, some female soul-gospel backup vocal arrangements, and more meditative jazz-classical-influenced progressive music was very much of its time. Bardens' first album (1970's The Answer) had suffered from drawn-out song construction, a trait that remained present to a large degree here, though without guitarist Peter Green on hand to help lift the proceedings. There was a lethargic hangover feel to tracks like "Feeling High," and attempts at pure blues and lighthearted music hall on briefer tracks were inconsequential distractions. The more serious and stately passages demonstrated Bardens' formidable genre-blending skills as a keyboardist, particularly on organ. But the material wasn't up to the standard of his playing, though the lighter, more focused moodiness of "Sweet Honey Wine" resulted in the record's best track.
document.write(tip_tmpl);
setTimeout(function() {
$('#tip_60d').fadeOut();
}, 30000);
disc 1 [Write My Name in the Dust]
不准听!不准点!打手!!
使用手机扫码收听专辑
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
Pete Bardens的其他热门专辑
音频贡献者:
关注虾米:The Answer专辑_The AnswerPete Bardens_在线试听 - 虾米音乐
The Answer
唱片公司:
发行时间:
专辑类别:
录音室专辑
我的评价:
Pete Bardens专辑介绍:by
Richie UnterbergerPrior to this solo debut, Pete Bardens had been on the British R&B-rock and psychedelic scene for about half a dozen years, playing in early bands with Mick Fleetwood and Peter Green, as well as (briefly) in Them with Van Morrison. The Answer was his chance to step out of the shadows, and while his skills as a keyboardist were formidable, his songwriting just wasn't up to carrying an interesting album of his own. Devoted to a half-dozen lengthy tracks varying in duration from five to 13 minutes, Bardens offered a blues-progressive stew that, despite some flashy licks, lacked focus. It's a shame there wasn't better material to work with, for some quite talented musicians were among the supporting cast, including Love Affair singer Steve Ellis, session vocalist Linda Lewis, Bruce Thomas (later to back Elvis Costello in the Attractions), and most of all his old friend Peter Green. In fact, Green offers some of his best playing as a sideman on this record, which both makes it better than it could have been, and makes it worth checking out for serious fans of the guitarist. In common with some of Green's own solo work, however, it's a meandering record, bits of promising ideas swirling around before they've been honed into something cogent. Against the odds, however, the 13-minute "Homage to the God of Light" is the highlight, its mesh of Latin-esque rhythms, burning organ, and bluesy guitar recalling some of early Santana's more jammy grooves.
document.write(tip_tmpl);
setTimeout(function() {
$('#tip_60d').fadeOut();
}, 30000);
disc 1 [The Answer]
使用手机扫码收听专辑
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
Pete Bardens的其他热门专辑
音频贡献者:
关注虾米:}