let the cat out of the bag的起源英语词汇起源故事

From the warmth of her embrace he perceived that he had let the cat out of the bag.
从她热烈的拥抱中,他意识到自己已经泄露了内心的情感。
I wanted mother's present to be a secret, but my sister let the cat out of the bag.
他们俩订婚原本想保密的,可是她手指上的戒指却把这个秘密泄露出来了。
But I''m afraid I let the cat out of the bag--I hid it under my socks and she found it when she was putting my clean clothes away.
我把手表藏在我的袜子底下,可是当我太太替我把乾净衣服放好的时候,她发现了那只手表。 所以,我的秘密恐怕已经泻露了。
But one of the secretaries saw the memo and let the cat out of the bag by telling her friends.
这件事原来是应该是保密的。但是,一个秘书看见了一张有关这件事的条子,然后就告诉了她的朋友,这样就泄露了秘密。
If you tell about something that was supposed to be a secret, we say you let the cat out of the bag .
如果你说出了原本应该保密的事情,我们说你let the cat out of the bag(泄漏秘密)。
A bag is useful in many ways. Just be careful not to let the cat out of the bag, or someone may leave you holding the bag.
一个袋子在许多方面都是有益的。只是要小心不要让猫出来的袋,或有人可能给你拿着袋子。
If you tell about something that was supposed to be a secret, we say you let the cat out of the bag.
如果你泄露了一个秘密,我们说你把一只猫从包里放出来了(泄露的秘密)。
'let the cat out of the bag' when you tell something that is supposed to be a secret.
当你不小心透露了一件秘密,我们说你‘让猫咪从袋子里跑出来了’。
We had wanted to surprise my father with this present. but my younger brother let the cat out of the bag.
我们本来想以这个礼物使父亲惊讶,但小弟却不小心泄漏了秘密。
The phrase to be left holding the bag is as widely used as the expression to let the cat out of the bag.
这句话是左手拿着袋子是尽可能广泛用作表达,让猫从袋子里出来。
About your resignation, Maple, I think I let the cat out of the bag at last night's dinner.
美保,关于你要辞职的事,我想昨晚晚饭时我把这个消息走漏了。
Be careful not to let the cat out of the bag. This is supposed to be confidential information.
小心别让猫咪从袋子里跑出来了。这件事乃是机密。
The police didn't know where the loot was hidden, but the suspect's glance at the fireplace let the cat out of the bag.
警察不知道赃物藏在那里,但嫌犯停留在壁炉的视线泄露了赃物的所在。
I've let the cat out of the bag already, and I might as well tell the whole thing now.
我已经泄漏了秘密,干脆现在就把全部情况告诉你吧!
It was supposed to be a secret that we were firing our accountant for stealing money, but one of the secretaries saw the memo, and let the cat out of the bag by telling her friends.
我们解雇了我们的会计,因为她偷钱,这原来应该是一个秘密,但刚好被一个秘书看到了一张关于这事的条,然后就告诉了她的朋友,这样就泄露了秘密。
But I'm afraid I let the cat out of the bag——I hid it under my socks and she found it when she was putting my clean clothes away.
我把手表藏在我的袜子底下,可是当我太太替我把干净衣服放好的时候,她发现了那只手表。 所以,我的秘密恐怕已经泻露了。
I booked a table in an expensive restaurant for the surprise party, but unfortunately I told Sandra and she let the cat out of the bag.
为了这次惊喜派对,我在一个很贵的酒店里订了位子,但很不幸的是我告诉了珊卓,她却把秘密给泄露了。
I wanted to surprise our sister by inviting a special guest home, but the little brother let the cat out of the bag by asking her what she would wear.
我本想邀请一位特别的客人回家,让姐姐惊讶一下,但小弟竟然去问她将如何打扮,秘密就这样泄漏了。
"Let the cat out of the bag" is an idiom meaning to tell a secret by mistake.
“让猫从袋子里跑出来”是惯用语,意思是无意中泄露秘密。
Nobody knew she had been offered the job until her husband let the cat out of the bag.
直到她丈夫无意中说漏了嘴,大家才知道原来这份工作已给了她。
We had wanted to surprise my father with this present, but my younger brother let the cat out of the bag.
我们本想送这个礼物让父亲惊讶,但弟弟却不小心泄漏了入秘密。
The police didn't know where the loot was hidden , but the suspect's glance at the fireplace let the cat out of the bag .
警察不知道赃物藏在哪里,但嫌疑犯停留在壁炉的视线泄露了赃物的所在。
The policeman asked him questions in different ways. Finally, he let the cat out of the bag and was accused of stealing.
警察以各种方式向他提问,最后他终于泄露秘密,并因偷窃被捕。
Jonathan loves to let the cat out of the bag. Don't tell him any secret.
乔纳森爱泄露秘密,千万别告诉他任何秘密啊。
The criminal was hiding away from the police, but a small boy let the cat out of the bag when he told the police that there was a man in the house.
罪犯正躲避警方的搜查,但一位小男孩泄漏了秘密,他告诉警方屋里有一个男人。
I wanted Mom's present to be a secret, but my brother let the cat out of the bag.
给妈妈的礼物我本来想保密的,但弟弟露了马脚。
I wanted mother's present to be a secret, but my sister let the cat out of the bag.
给母亲的礼物我原想保密,可是妹妹却露了马脚。
His promotion was supposed to be a secret but the chairman secretary let the cat out of the bag at the Christmas party.
提拔他本是一个秘密,可是董秘在圣诞晚会上走漏了消息。
His promotion was supposed to be a secret but the chairman secretary let the cat out of the bag at the Christmas party.
提拔他本是一个秘密,可是董秘在圣诞晚会上走漏了消息。
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!Let the cat out of the bag - Idioms by The Free Dictionary https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/let+the+cat+out+of+the+bag
let the cat out of the bag Also found in: , , , , .Related to let the cat out of the bag:
let the cat out of the bagFig. to reveal a secret or a surprise by accident. When Bill glanced at the door, he let the cat out of the bag. We knew then that he was expecting someone to arrive. It's a secret. Try not to let the cat out of the bag.See also: , , , , let the cat out of the bagGive away a secret, as in Mom let the cat out of the bag and told us Karen was engaged. This expression alludes to the dishonest practice of a merchant substituting a worthless cat for a valuable pig, which is discovered only when the buyer gets home and opens the bag. [Mid-1700s] Also see . See also: , , , , let the cat out of the bag If you let the cat out of the bag, you reveal something secret or private, often without meaning to. `The Mosses didn't tell the cops my name, did they?' `Of course not,' she said. `They wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag.' She'd known she was taking a risk in letting the cat out of the bag about Jacobs. Note: You can say that the cat is out of the bag when a secret has been revealed. The cat was well and truly out of the bag. The biggest scandal for years was about to overtake the government. Note: This expression may have its origin in an old trick where one person pretended to sell a piglet in a bag to another, although the bag really contained a cat. If the cat was let out of the bag, then the trick would be exposed. See also: , , , , let the cat out of the bag reveal a secret, especially carelessly or by mistake. A similar metaphorical use of bag may be found in the French phrase vider le sac , literally ‘empty the bag’, meaning ‘tell the whole story’. 1996 Bernard Connolly The Rotten Heart of Europe Tim Renton …at odds with his leader on Europe, let the cat out of the bag when he told a television audience, ‘we need a strong Europe to maintain our independence from the United States and the Pacific Rim’. See also: , , , , let the ˈcat out of the bag (informal) make known a secret, usually without realizing what you are doing: ‘Who let the cat out of the bag?’ ‘I’m afraid I did. I thought everybody already knew.’ ♢ Nobody knew she had been offered the job until her husband let the cat out of the bag. OPPOSITE: See also: , , , ,
let the cat out of the bag To let a secret be known.See also: , , , ,
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page: &a href=&https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/let+the+cat+out+of+the+bag&&let the cat out of the bag&/a&
Her prediction took Downing Street by surprise and led to Tory claims that she had let the cat out of the bag over the scrapping of the pound.
▲let the cat out of the bag▼
let the cat out of the bag
For webmasters:he let the cat out of the bag_百度知道
he let the cat out of the bag
求解释,为什么翻译和字面差这么多
字面就是一楼那个意思,但其实是&他泄露了秘密&
我有更好的答案
他把猫从袋子里放了出来,那就是俚语,如;at the back of burner,字面是;在锅炉后面,意思却是;在幕后
这句话少了个动词吧
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
您可能关注的内容