Miss Wang asked Jim to stop ______ out of the window phone

“It’s raining too heavily at this moment, said the old woman, out of the window. A. to look B. looking C. having looked D. looked 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
“It’s raining too heavily at this moment,” said the old woman, ________ out of the window. A. to look&&&&&&&& B. looking&&&&&&& C. having looked&&&&&&&& D. looked
科目:高中英语
来源:新教材理念设计高中二年级英语下
as if, it, it's , rain, going to, looks
  Like other kinds of grass, a bamboo plant may be cut very low to the ground, but it will grow back very quickly.A Japanese scientist reported one bamboo plant which grew 1.5 metres(4 feet)in 24 hours! Bamboo grows almost everywhere in the world except Europe.There are more than 1000 kinds of bamboo.
  Not all bamboo looks the same.Some bamboo plants are very thin.They may only grow to be a few centimetres wide while others may grow to more than 30 centimetres(1 foot)across.This plant also comes in different colours, from yellow to black to green.
  Bamboo has been used to make many things such as hats and kitchen tools(厨房用具).Because it is strong, bamboo is also used to build buildings.
  Many Asian countries have used bamboo for hundreds of years.They often use bamboo for buildings and supporting(支撑)new buildings and bridges while they are being built.
  In Africa, poor farmers are taught how to find water using bamboo.These African countries need cheap way to find water because they have no money, and their fields often die from no rain and no water.Bamboo pipes(管子)help poor farmers bring water to their thirsty fields without spending a lot of money.
How is bamboo like grass?
It grows quickly.
It’s wood.
It is easy to cut.
It is very thin.
Though you can see bamboo everywhere, it doesn’t grow ________.
on mountains
Why is bamboo used by African poor farmers? Because ________.
it is cheap
it has different colours
it is strong
it has been used by Asians
Bamboo pipes can ________.
make money
grow quickly
carry water
In Asia, bamboo has been used for ________.
a short time
many thousands of years
many hundreds of years
about 100 years
— Look! How long ________ like this?
&& —Three weeks! It’s usual here that rain _______ without stopping these days of the year.
A. pours&&&&&&& B. pours
C. is pouring&& D. pours
来源:重庆市学年高二下学期期末考试试题(英语)
题型:阅读理解
第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题满分40分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中选出最佳选项My father was driving us to ourgrandparents’ house for our annual Christmas dinner. The closer we got to theturnoff (岔道) for mygrandparents’ house, the slower the car went. Suddenly, my father U-turned inthe middle of the road and said: “I can’t stand it!”“What?” asked my mother.“It’s those people back there at the PanAm, standing in the rain. They’ve got children. It’s Christmas. I can’t standit.”When my father pulled into the servicestation, I saw that there were five of them: the parents and three children –two girls and a small boy.My father rolled down his window. “MerryChristmas,” he said.“Howdy (您好),” the man replied. He was very tall and had tostoop (弯腰) slightlyto peer into the car.My sisters Jill, Sharon, and I stared atthe children, and they stared back at us.“You’re getting wet standing here. Just acouple miles up the road there’s a shed (小棚) with a cover there, and some benches,” my father said. “Why don’tyou all get in the car?”The man thought about it for a moment, andthen he waved to his family. They climbed into the car.Once they settled in, my father looked backover his shoulder and asked the children if Santa had found them yet. Threeunhappy faces gave him the answer.“Well, I didn’t think so,” my father said,winking at my mother, “because when I saw Santa this morning, he told me thathe was having trouble finding all, and he asked me if he could leave your toysat my house. We’ll just go to get them before I take you to the bus stop.”All at once, the three children’s faces litup, and they began to bounce around in the back seat, laughing and chattering.When we got out of the car at our house,the three children ran through the front door and straight to the toys thatwere spread out under our Christmas tree. One of the girls spied Jill’s dolland hugged it to her breast. The little boy grabbed Sharon’s ball. And theother girl picked up something of mine.We left them there at the bus stop inWinborn. As we drove away, I watched out the window as long as I could, lookingback at the little girl hugging her new doll.That was the Christmas when my sisters andI learned the joy of making others happy.56. The writer’s father U-turned in themiddle of the road because ______.A. he could not stand the people at theservice stationB. he could not bear the thought of leavingthe people behindC. he wanted to do something special forhis parentsD. he wanted to help the family standing inthe rain57. The reason the father asked the kids ifSanta had found them was probably that _____.A. he knew the mention of Santa would lifttheir spiritsB. he once promised to receive them asguests in his house C. he wanted to avoid embarrassing thefamily D. he had met Santa and got the presentsfor the kids58. How did the author feel at the end ofthe story?A. She was pleased that they had been ableto give the kids presents and make them happy. B. She was unhappy remembering that theyhad been late for the Christmas dinner.C. She was angry because she realized thatshe didn’t receive a Christmas gift that year.D. She was puzzled by why her father haddone this on Christmas.59. What is the article mainly about?A. How my family found the lost Santa.B. The people at the service station.C. The art of celebrating Christmas. D. The joy of making others happy.&
来源:学年广东省广州东莞五校高三第一次联考英语卷
题型:其他题
阅读下面短文,按照句子结构的语法性和上下文连贯的要求,在空格处填人一个适当的词或使用括号中词语的正确形式填空,并将答案填写在答题卡标号为l6-25的相应位置上。It was acold and cloudy afternoon. I was on the bus with my children, aged four andtwo, heading home when it started to rain. I realized this would mean a wetwalk home &&1.&& the bus stop.Home wasonly two blocks away &&2. &itwas not a pleasant walk with one small boy fast asleep in the pram (手推婴儿车), the other one in araincoat and no umbrella for myself. A pick-up truck passed us on the road and,a few minutes later, I saw it &&3.& &(pull)back and the driver looking directly at us. A youngman put the window down. “Hey, here’s an umbrella for you --- please take it.”He called out. I stoodthere &&4.& (astonish), barely believing that the man, &&5.& &existencewas unknown to me only moments ago, could be so &&6.& (thought).“Come on, give this to your mummy,” he said to my older son. I gratefullyaccepted the offer, &&7.& (thank)him and watched the truck disappear down the road.This manmight have needed the umbrella for &&8. &laterduring the day but preferred to give it to me. It was a lesson to me &&9. &it’spossible to give without expecting anything &&10. &return.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号I’ll help clean up the city parks练习题及答案
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
I’ll&help&clean&up&the&city&parks练习题及答案
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
I’ll&help&clean&up&the&city&parks练习题及答案
文章来 源莲山课件 w ww.5 Y
Unit 8& I’ll help clean up the city parks.Section A重要词组& clean up, cheer up, set up, come up with, think up, put off, be home to, learn about, deal with, give out, work out重点句型& I’d like to work outside.&&&&&&&&& You could help clean up the city parks.&&&&&&&&& This volunteer work takes each of them several hours a week.一、单项选择(&&& ) 1. Jim was so interested ___________ these difficult math problems that he forgot to have supper.A. on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. with答案: B& be interested in 意思是对某事物很感兴趣。in 是介词,其后要接名词、代词或动词的-ing 形式。(&&& ) 2. We’ll have to ___________ the open-air activity if it rains hard tomorrow afternoon.A. put off&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. put on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. put away答案:A& put off 意为推迟,延期;put on 意为穿上,上演;put away 意为收起来,放好。(&&& ) 3. The Great Wall was built to ___________ the enemies ___________ getting in.A. stop,out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. from答案:C& stop…from…意为阻止、阻挡。(&&& ) 4. ―Which do you like ___________, beef, porker or chicken?&&&&&&& ―I prefer beef to pork. I don’t like chicken at all.A. good&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. better&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. best答案:C& 句中所给的选项有三种,而三种或三种以上要使用最高级。(&&& ) 5. Torn felt too hungry when he got home,so he quickly ___________ all the food on the table.A. ate up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. ate into&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. ate in答案:A& eat up 意为吃光。二、看图完成对话&6. ―Look,the cat had no fish to eat and it cried.&& ―Let’s go and ___________ it ___________.答案:cheer,up&7. ―Why is Yi Xiu sitting there alone?&& ―He’s trying to. ___________ ___________ ___________ the answer to that difficult question.答案:come up with三、句型转换8. He said that he had already run out of money for buying that car. (变为同义句)He said that he had already __________ all his money __________ buying that car.答案:spent,in& 在表示花光了钱这个意思时,动词短语 run out of 相当于 spend...in/on...。9. I’ll try my best to solve the problem if I really meet a difficult one. (对划线部分提问)__________ __________ you __________ if you really meet a difficult problem?答案:What will,do10. He has met many wonderful people when he works at the hospital. (变为否定句)He __________ __________ __________ many wonderful people when he works at the hospital.答案:has not met11. This volunteer work takes each of them several hours a week. (变为反意疑问句)This volunteer work takes each of them several hours a week,__________ __________?答案:doesn’t it& 本句使用的是一般现在时,主语是第三人称单数形式,且前面的陈述句是肯定式,故后面的疑问句要用一般现在时第三人称单数的否定形式。12. We’re going to set up a food bank to help hungry people. (变为一般疑问句)__________ __________ __________ __________ set up a food bank to help hungry people?答案:Are you going to& 本句在变换时要注意的是主语人称的改变,即 we 要变成 you。四、用方框内所给词的适当形式deal with, give out, work out, do well in, set up13. She __________ __________ a deep breath when she found a strange man standing in front of the door.答案:gave out14. The manager told us that we had only five minutes __________ __________ __________ the problem.答案:to work out& have time to do sth 意为有时间去做某事,work out 意为算出、解决。15. They have decided to __________ __________ a new project to protect animals and plants.答案: set up16. All the students believe that they can __________ __________ __________ the final exam because they all study harder than they did before.答案:do well in& 意为在某方面做得好,相当于 do a good job in。17. I’m sorry I can’t go together with you. I have so many things __________ __________ __________.答案:to deal with& deal with 在意思上和 do with 相同,都为处置、处理、对付的意思。Section B重要词组& take after, fix up, give away, hand out, in fact, believe in, not... any more, hang out, call up重点句型& I’d like to thank you for sending money to“Animal Helpers”.&&&&&&&&& It’s very important that this organization does not run out of money.一、根据句意和首字母完成单词1. I’d like to work o_________, could I help clean up the city parks?答案: outside2. She said she’d like to help h_________ people when they needed a place to live in.答案: homeless3. We can’t put off m_________ a plan. Clean-Up Day is only two weeks from now.答案: making4. Number 6 High School is h_________ to three very special young people.答案: home5. She puts her love to good use by w_________ in the after school care center.答案: working6. Lucy’s dream is to become a p_________ singer in the future.答案: professional7. I feel good about h_________ other people when they are in trouble.答案: helping8. I like to read about Chinese h_________. I’m very interested in it.答案: history9. He put up some s_________ asking someone for help.答案: signs10. They usually help hand out a__________ at a local supermarket.答案: advertisements二、单句改错11. The strategies what he came up with worked out fine.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ____________&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&& B&&&&&&&&&&& C&&&& D答案:A& 将 what 改成 which/that。本句是一个定语从句,从句前的先行词指的是物,故应该用连词 which/that 来引导。12. I’ve been tried to cheer him up for twenty minutes.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ____________&&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&& B&&&& C&&&&&&&&& D答案:A& 将 tried 改成 trying。如果用 tried 则是现在完成时的被动语态,而此句中并没有被动的含义,用 trying 则正好表明了劝说和鼓舞的动作的延续性。13. Your donation is greatly appreciated and the money is good used to help disabled people. ____&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C&&&&&&&&&&&&& D答案:C& 将 good 改成 well。本句中被动语态的动词 use 并非联系动词,因此应该用副词 well 来修饰。14. I told her that I love animals,or that I’d love to have a dog.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ____________&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&& C&&&& D答案:B& 将 or 改成 and。15. There are many people who faces these challengers, and I’m one of them.&& ____________&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&&& B&&&&&&&&& C&&&&& D答案:B& 将 faces 改成 face。who 所引导的是一个定语从句,其先行词是 people,为可数名词的复数形式,所以从句的谓语动词在人称和数上要和它保持一致。三、用所给词的适当形式16. He felt so tired after a long trip that he ___________ keep his eyes open any longer. (can)答案:couldn’t& not… longer 意为不再。17. Tibet is really an ___________ place for people to take a trip. (education)答案:educational18. His little brother is so young that he.can’t do anything about ___________. (he)答案:himself19. He ran as ___________ as he could to catch up with the first runner. (quick)答案:quickly/quick& 这两个词都可以作副词,用来修饰动词 run。20. None of his students minds him ___________ in class just because he works very hard and they can learn a lot from him. (smoke)答案:smoking& mind sb./one’s doing sth 意为介意某人做某事。21. Some customers and ___________ with their close friends usually go to the small bookshops with rows of sofas and tea tables to have a good rest. (visit)答案:visitors22. She’s one of the ___________ students that are good at all subjects. (good)答案:best& 本题要求用形容词的最高级。23. Thomas Edison has been regarded as one of the greatest ___________ all over the world till now. (invent)答案:inventors24. ___________ I read a book about the wars between the ancient Rome and Egypt. (recent)答案:Recently25. They really can’t help ___________ as soon as they hear the good news. (laugh)答案:laughing& 短语 can’t help doing sth 意为情不自禁地做某事,help 后应接动词的-ing形式。四、根据汉语提示完成句子26. I ___________ (花光) all my money so I had to ask my parents for help.答案:spent27. What I said made him very angry and he said he would ___________ believe me ___________ ___________(不再).答案:never/not& any more。短语not…any more在表示不再这个意思时,与not... any longer意思相同。28. Jim said he would like t6 be a teacher and now his dream ___________ ___________(实现).答案:came true29. The dog has ___________ my life ___________ (使充满) pleasure. I love it very much.答案:filled,with& 短语fill sth with sth 意为使填满、使充满,其被动语态形式为 be filled with 相当于 be full of。30. On weekends I like to ___________ ___________ (打发时间) at the sports club with my friends.答案:hang outSelf Check (时间120分钟,满分100分)一、单项选择(每题1.5分,共15分)(&&& ) 1. ―You have to __________ your dirty shoes before you get into the computer room.&&&&&&& ―Oh,I’m terribly sorry for that.A. put on&&&&&&&&& B. look after&&&&&&&& C. take off&&&&&&&& D. sell out答案:C& put on 意为穿上;look after 意为照顾、照料;take off 意为脱下;sell out 意为卖光、售完。一般而言,计算机室对卫生的要求很高,进出都是要求换鞋子的。(&&& ) 2. ―Did Jim come for the meeting on time last night?&&&&&&& ―No,he __________ in his bedroom after finishing his work on hand.A. fell behind&&&&& B.fell off&&&&&&&&&&& C. fell asleep&&&&&& D. fell over答案:C& fall behind 意为掉队、落后;fall off 意为掉下来、跌倒;fall asleep 意为睡着了、熟睡;fall over 意为垂下。(&&& ) 3. ―Which season do you like better,spring or autumn?&&&&&&& ―I prefer spring to autumn. In spring trees turn green and flowers start to __________.A. take off&&&&&&& B. get on&&&&&&&&&&& C. go away&&&&&&&& D. come out答案:D& take off 意为脱下;get on 意为上车;go away 意为走开、离开;come out 意为开花、出来。(&&& ) 4. ―The sound of the radio is too loud. Will you please __________ ?&&&&&&& ―Sorry,I’m trying to find out what’s the trouble with it.A. turn it on&&&&& B. turn it off&&&&&&&&& C. turn it down&&&&& D. turn it over答案:C& turn on 意为打开;turn off 意为关闭;turn up 意为开大;turn down 意为关小;turn over 意为翻转。本题是要求将音量关小一点。(&&& ) 5. ―You’d better turn off your mobile phone.&&&&&&& ―Oh sorry. All the beepers and mobile phones must __________ during the concert.A. be kept off&&&& B. be keeping off&&&&& C. have kept off&&&& D. keep off答案:A& 本题考的是情态动词的被动语态。(&&& ) 6. ―Why are you still in bed. You must get up and __________ school.&&&&&&& ―Don’t you know it’s Sunday today?A. send for&&&&&& B. get ready for&&&&&& C. hurry up&&&&&&&& D. come on答案:B& send for意为请;get ready for 意为做好准备; hurry up 意为赶快、抓紧;come on 意为过来。(&&& ) 7. ―It seems that my friends don’t understand me.&&&&&&& ―Don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll __________ them if you are kind enough to them.A. catch up with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. agree withC. get on well with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. make friends with答案:C& catch up with 意为赶上、跟上;agree with 意为同意、赞同;get on well with 意为相处融洽;make friends with 意为和某人交朋友。(&&& ) 8. ―My sister is ill and she has to see a doctor.&&&&&&& ―I’m sorry to hear that,but she’d better __________ two days __________.A. of&&&& B. around&&&&&&&& C. out&&&&&&& D. off答案:D& have two days off 意为休假两天。(&&& ) 9. ―Will your parents __________ you if you fail the English exam?&&&&&&& ―Perhaps not. They knows I’ve tried my best.A. be angry with& B. be angry to&&&&&&& C. be angry for&&&&& D. be angry at答案:A& 对某人感到生气应用动词短语 be angry with sb.。条件状语从句中,主句用一般将来时,从句用一般现在时。(&&& ) 10. ―Why did Miss Green carry a box under her arm?&&&&&&&& ―One of the students hurt and she had to __________ to look after him.A. sit away&&&& B. hurry off&&&&&&&&&& C. fall off&&&&&&&&& D. ring up答案:B& hurry off 意为匆忙离开;fall off 意为掉下来、跌落;ring up 意为打电话给。二、完形填空(每题1分,共20分)A&&& It was dinner time for the Murray family. The two children Kirsty, aged six, and Darren, aged four, were sitting at the&& 11& . Mr and Mrs Murray were in the kitchen.&&& “I’m very&& 12&& about Darren,” said Mrs Murray to her husband. “He’s four years old and he’s never&& 13& . He’s never said a word.”&&& “I know,” he replied. “Kirsty could talk when she was eighteen months old. I&& 14&& he’s all right.”&&& They picked up the plates, took them into the dinning-room and&& 15&& them in front of the children.&&& “Oh,&& 16&& ,” said Kirsty. “It’s chicken and rice. That’s my favorite dinner.”&&& Darren sat&& 17&& at the end of the table. Mrs Murray looked at him. Darren picked up his fork and&& 18&& his dinner.&&& “Ugh!” he said suddenly. “There’s too much salt in my dinner.”&&& Mr Murray jumped up. “Darren!” he said. “You&& 19&& That’s great. You’ve never spoken before !”&&& Darren looked at him. “I know,” he said. “But the&& 20&& has always been all right before !”(&&& ) 11. A. bed&&&&&&&&&&& B. table&&&&&&&&&&&& C. door&&&&&&&&&&& D. restaurant答案:B(&&& ) 12. A. happy&&&&&&&&& B. angry&&&&&&&&&&& C. worried&&&&&&&&& D. interested答案:C& Daren 四岁还不会开口说话,很显然他的父母一定会很着急。(&&& ) 13. A. spoken&&&&&&&& B. listened&&&&&&&&&& C. looked&&&&&&&&&& D. eaten答案:A(&&& ) 14. A. think&&&&&&&&&& B. know&&&&&&&&&&& C. hope&&&&&&&&&&&& D. say答案:C(&&& ) 15. A. dropped&&&&&&& B. showed&&&&&&&&&& C. passed&&&&&&&&&& D. placed答案:D& 从下文中可以看出是将盘子放在孩子们面前的餐桌上。(&&& ) 16. A. sorry&&&&&&&&& B. good&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. expensive&&&&&&& D. bad答案:B(&&& ) 17. A. happily&&&&&&& B. quietly&&&&&&&&&&& C. suddenly&&&&&&&& D. hardly答案:B& 既然 Daren 四岁时未开口说话,说明他没有像他姐姐那样用言语表达出对这顿饭感到很满足的样子,而是很安静地坐在桌旁,故而用副词 quietly 来修饰动词 sat。(&&& ) 18. A. threw&&&&&&&& B. tasted&&&&&&&&&&&& C. played&&&&&&&&&& D. smelt答案:B(&&& ) 19. A. finished&&&&&& B. saw&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. spoke&&&&&&&&&& D. started答案:C& Darren 终于开口说话,对于母亲而言真是一件值得高兴的事。(&&& ) 20. A. table&&&&&&&&& B. dinner&&&&&&&&&&&& C. fork&&&&&&&&&&& D. plate答案:BB&&& One afternoon some boys made a lot of noise in class. The teacher got very angry. He&& 21& them in the class after school. He told them to add all the&& 22&& from one to one hundred together.&&& The boys took out their exercise books. All of them began to&& 23&& the numbers down except one boy. He was new in the school. He looked out of the window for a few&& 24&& Then he wrote a number in his exercise-book and put up his&& 25& .&&& “May I go home, Sir?” he asked. “I know the&& 26&& now.”&&& The teacher and the other boys were very surprised.&&& “& 27&& it here,” said the teacher.&&& The next morning, the teacher asked the boy, “How did you find the answer so quickly?”&&& “Well, Sir,” he said. “I didn’t want to stay here&& 28& . So I tried my best to find the answer quickly. Soon I found it. You see, if you add one hundred to one, you get one hundred and one, and ninety-nine and two is one hundred and one, ninety-eight and three is one hundred and one too, and when you&& 29&& fifty-one and fifty, you have one hundred and one fifty times. That is five thousand and fifty. ”&&& After this, when the teacher gave the class exercises to do, he gave this boy&& 30&& exercises. The boy’s name was Karl F. Gauss. When he grew up, he became a great scientist.(&&& ) 21. A. Stayed&&&&&&&& B. kept&&&&&&&&&&&& C. waited&&&&&&&&& D. stopped答案:B& 动词 kept 形象地描绘出了老师生气后将学生们留下来作为惩罚这一情景。(&&& ) 22. A. subjects&&&&&&& B. words&&&&&&&&&& C. names&&&&&&&&& D. numbers答案:D(&&& ) 23. A. write&&&&&&&&& B. put&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. read&&&&&&&&&&& D. count答案:A& 动词短语write down意为记下、写下。(&&& ) 24. A. weeks&&&&&&&& B. hours&&&&&&&&&&& C. minutes&&&&&&&& D. days答案:C(&&& ) 25. A. body&&&&&&&&& B. arm&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. head&&&&&&&&&& D. hand答案:D& 在学校如果学生知道问题的答案当然是举手回答了。(&&& ) 26. A. result&&&&&&&& B. answer&&&&&&&&&&& C. question&&&&&&& D. problem答案:A(&&& ) 27. A. Bring&&&&&&&& B. Leave&&&&&&&&&&& C. Take&&&&&&&&&& D. Return答案:A& bring 意为带来、拿来;take 意为带去、拿走。(&&& ) 28. A. early&&&&&&&&& B. late&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. short&&&&&&&&&& D. long答案:D(&&& ) 29. A. reach&&&&&&&& B. arrive&&&&&&&&&&&& C. put&&&&&&&&&&& D. are答案:A& reach 意为到达,本题中意为加到;arrive 表示到达之意时后接介词 in/at。(&&& ) 30. A. easy&&&&&&&&& B. strange&&&&&&&&&&& C. different&&&&&&& D. the same答案:C三、理解(每题2分,共30分)A&&& Mrs Chen and her mother lived together in America. Mrs Chen had been there many years, but her mother had only recently arrived. After just two months, Mrs Chen’s mother died. Mrs Chen was very unhappy. She loved her mother very much and missed her.&&& One day, Mrs Chen was walking along the street when she saw a notice outside a building. The notice said, “Madame Rita, Spiritual Medium Room 454. Fourth floor. I can help you contact your departed loved ones.”&&& Mrs Chen thought,“I’d like to ask mother how she is. Perhaps I should visit this Madame Rita.” She went into the building and took the lift to the fourth floor. She soon found Room 454 and went inside.&&& Madame Rita said, “How can I help you?”&&& “I want to speak to my mother. She died last year.”&&& “What was her name?” Madame Rita asked.&&& “Mei Ling,” Mrs Chen said.&&& “I can help you,” Madame Rita said. “It will cost 200 dollars.”&&& “All right,” Mrs Chen said.&&& Madame Rita closed her eyes. She was silent for several minutes. Then she spoke.&&& “Mei Ling, can you hear me?” She asked.&&& A voice came out of nowhere. “Yes, I can hear you.&&& “Your daughter wants to know if you are happy.”&&& “Yes, I am very happy,” the voice said.&&& Madame Rita opened her eyes. “Did you hear what your mother said?” she asked Mrs Chen.&&& “Yes,”Mrs Chen said.&&& “Then that will be two hundred dollars.”Madame Rita said.&&& “Fine,” Mrs Chen said. “I’ll pay you if you can explain how my ninety-year-old mother learned to speak such good English. She couldn’t speak it when she was alive.”(&&& ) 31. When Mrs Chen saw the notice,__________.A. she thought of her dead motherB. she thought Madame Rita must be her old friendC. she was happy and wanted to see her motherD. she took it and went to Room 454答案:A& 文中明确交待了。(&&& ) 32. Why did Mrs Chen go to the Medium?A. To check on her health.B. To check on her mother’s health.C. To get to know how her mother was by the Medium.D. To tell Madame Rita how she missed her mother.答案:C& Mrs Chen 之所以会去就是因为她对自己母亲非常挂念,想知道她现状如何。(&&& ) 33. Madame Rita said she could help her__________.A. after she paid her $ 200B. even if she had no moneyC. if she told Madame Rita her mother’s nameD. and asked her to pay $ 200 for it.答案:D& 文中原句子,只要忠实于原文即可。(&&& ) 34. The word“ departed” means __________.A. not alive&&&&&& B. living&&&&&&&&&&&& C. alive&&&&&&&&&&&& D. not dead答案:A(&&& ) 35. Mrs Chen didn’t believe the Medium __________.A. because her mother could speak EnglishB. because she knew her mother didn’t answer a strange person’s questionC. because she knew that voice was not her mother’s voiceD. so she paid the woman half of the money答案:CB&&& The thin monk stood there in his purple robes, grinning at me. Then I recognized him. I couldn’t believe my eyes! “Ben!” I said. “What are you... I mean... why... ?”&&& Ben said nothing, but quickly put his finger to his lips to tell me be quiet. Then he led me to a car that was waiting outside the airport. We got in, spoke to the driver in Nepali, and we drove off.&&& “Would you mind telling me what’s going on?” I asked. At the same time, I noticed that we were driving out of the city towards the mountains.“And where are we going?”I said.&&& “I’m sorry, Ed,” said Ben. “I know this must seem very strange. Let me explain. For the past few months I have been traveling around Nepali disguised as a monk. I speak Nepali fluently, and when I’m dressed like this no one can tell that I’m a foreigner.”&&& “Yes,” I said. “But why do you need to travel in disguise. Who are you chasing or hiding from?”“Art thieves.” said Ben. “International criminals who steal ancient works of art from poor countries like Nepali, and then sell them to rich collectors.” He pulled something out of his monk’s robes. “Look at this: a gold statue of the Buddha. It’s almost one thousand and five hundred years old. Foreign collectors would pay one million dollars for a piece like this. It was in a Buddhist monastery in a place called Mastong. Then two months ago, it disappeared. I found it last week in a box that fell out of the back of a lorry. The lorry was full of stolen objects that were about to be smuggled out of the country.”&&& “Why don’t you tell the police?” I asked.&&& “You’ll meet the boss in a minute,” said Ben, “She’ll explain the rest.”&&& We were driving through the back streets of the old city, passed buildings with beautifully carved wooden windows. But the streets were dirty, and the air was heavy with smog. I had heard about Kathmandu’s pollution problem, but this was worse than I had expected. “Ugh!” I exclaimed. “This is awful! I can hardly breathe!”(&&& ) 36. When “I” recognized the thin monk, “I” was__________.A. happy&&&&&&&&& B. frightened&&&&&&&& C. worried&&&&&&&&& D. amazed答案:D& 当我认出和尚是谁时,我接连有几句话都没问出来,这足以说明我是感到很惊讶的。(&&& ) 37. When he met “I”, Ben was__________.A. amazed to see “me”B. talking to the driver of his carC. worried that people might hear their conversationD. waiting outside the airport答案:C& 他之所以会打扮成和尚的样子就是因为怕别人认出他来。(&&& ) 38. Ben was wearing monk’s clothes__________.A. because they were more comfortable for travelingB. so that people could not tell that he was a foreignerC. to help him hide from the policeD. because he thought they seemed strange to others答案:B(&&& ) 39. Ben is chasing__________.A. people who steal old works of art&&&&& B. foreigner art collectorsC. a gold statue of the Buddha&&&&&&&&&& D. Buddhist monks答案:A(&&& ) 40. The word “This” in the passage refers to __________.A. the dirty streets&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. the pollutionC. the air in Kathmandu&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. the wooden windows答案:C& 我所讨厌的就是这浑浊的空气。C&&& Man has been traveling into space for more than forty years. Even though today, very few people get the chance to be an astronaut, about thirty per year. This is mainly because of the expense. It costs millions of yuan to train and send astronauts into space. Very few countries can afford this.&&& This is why American businessman Dennis Tito paid 20 000 000 US dollars to the Russian space agency to go into space. He visited the International Space Station. His trip making him the first ever space tourist, took eight days in total. He spent most of his time taking photos, looking at earth and listening to music on his once-in-a-lifetime trip.&&& After landing safely back on earth, Mr Tito thought the trip was worth the money. The only difficulty he had was walking but this is normal for anyone who’s been in zero gravity.&&& Some people especially in the American space agency, argue that you must be professional to go into space. They worried about the safety of other astronauts. However, Mr Tito received training before he left. He also helped to prepare food for the others while in space. They told him what to do and where he was allowed to go.&&& A survey carried out soon after Tito landed showed that seventy-five percent of American supported space tourism. Some people are bored of all the places on the earth. They are looking for a new adventure and space is the place.&&& The money Mr Tito gave the Russians paid for twenty percent of their annual budget. If we want to see men on Mars and other planets, we may need rich people like Mr Tito to help us pay for it. The Russians have more rich people who want to become space tourists. They should take them.(&&& ) 41. How many people have flown in space?A. About thirty.B. More than one thousand and two hundred.C. Thousands.D. About twelve thousand.答案:B& 人类遨游太空至今有四十年,每年约有三十人能有机会上到太空,四十年合起来共有1200人。(&&& ) 42. The Russians want Dennis Tito to go into space because__________.A. they want to work with an AmericanB. they want him to have a once-in-a-lifetime tripC. they want him to take photos of earthD. they want his money答案:D(&&& ) 43. The differences between Mr Tito and the other astronauts__________.A. noneB. only Tito was allowed to cookC. Tito couldn’t go everywhere on the space stationD. Tito received training before he flew in space答案:C& 作为一位遨游太空的乘客,他当然不能像正规的宇航员那样可以被允许在太空里行走。(&&& ) 44. What does the writer think about Dennis Tito?A. He helped Russia keep going into space.B. He was not a good astronaut.C. He couldn’t help the Russians much.D. He shouldn’t be allowed into space again.答案:A& 因为他为俄国的太空研究提供了大批的经费,同时他本人的太空之旅也开创了一般人遨游太空的先河,为俄国以后的太空旅游计划提供了先例。45. The writer thinks the problem for space tourists is__________.A. people’s legs take time to get used to earth againB. noneC. there is not much to do, only take photos and listen to musicD. tourists need to learn Russian before they go答案:A四、填词(每题2分,共20分)&&& If you notice a teenage boy singing his way down the street, completely lost h& 46&& in the beauty of music, it is likely to be Zhou Min.&&& Aged sixteen, Zhou Min was awarded Best Male Singer in the national finals of the MTV c& 47& . He is a middle school student in Beijing. He couldn’t. b& 48&& he would win an award.“My l& 49&& of singing pushed me to enter,” he said.&&& As a student, he didn’t have much spare to p&& 50&& singing. So, he sang during breaks from study on his way home, or to school.&&& Singing is only a small part of Zhou’s colorful life. His other i& 51&& are ball games and s& 52&& the Web. He is one of the top students in his class.&&& Zhou thinks that enjoying hobbies can help with studying. “Singing eases the pressures,” he said. “They can open new windows of opportunity.” S& 53&& the singing contests, Zhou has learned to be at ease with all kinds of d& 54&& and c& 55&& in front of large audiences. “When you do a job with great enthusiasm, sometimes even a hard one, it becomes surprisingly easy and fun.”46. h&&&&&&&&& 47. c&&&&&&&& 48. b&&&&&&&& 49. l&&&&&&&& 50. p&&&&&&& 51. i&&&&&&&&&& 52. s&&&&&&&& 53. S&&&&&&&& 54. d&&&&&&&& 55. c&&&&&&& 46.答案:himself& lose oneself 意为沉醉在、陶醉于。47.答案:competition48.答案:believe49.答案:love50.答案:pracuce& 动词 practice 后要求接动词的-ing 形式。51.答案:interests52.答案:surfing/searching& surf the Web 意为网上冲浪;search the Web 意为上网。53.答案: Since54.答案: difficulties55.答案: confidence五、书面表达(15分)56.请用英语写一篇短文介绍你的学校,内容如下:(1)我的学校很大,有近50年的历史;(2)学校现有1500名学生,120名教师;(3)学校非常漂亮,到处可见花草,教学楼前有一排高大的树。学校有实验室、图书室、餐厅;(4)学校教学质量高,课外活动内容很丰富。要求:不要逐句翻译,语句通顺,词数60―80。答案: One possible version&&& Our school,with a long history of about fifty years old, is very big. There are one thousand and five hundred students and one hundred and twenty teachers in it. Now my school is very beautiful. You can see flowers and grass here and there. In front of the teaching building, there is a row of tall trees. In our school, there is also a lab, a library and a restaurant. The teaching quality of our school is very high,and the activities after school are rich and colorful.文章来 源莲山课件 w ww.5 Y
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?}

我要回帖

更多关于 window phone 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信