42. If she ________ New York thisin the afternoonn, I ________ New York, too.

当前位置: >>
人教版八年级上学期竞赛试卷
开城中心学校
学年度第一学期八年级英语竞赛试卷I. 选择填空 (Vocabulary and structure) (共 20 小题,计 20 分) A) 选择能够替换划线部分的最佳选项。(答案涂在答题纸上) 31. The boys in that school are better at playing football than basket
ball. A. had better A. a little A. delicious B. little B. very bad B. work harder at C. do better in C. much C. popular D. more D. better D. are more interested 32 . Tim's father is really kind of busy these days. 33. The dish tastes good, but the smell is awful.34. What's your view of the question? A. opinion A. over B. look B. after C. means C. under D. way D. about 35. ―What time is it? ―It's around five o'clock. B) 选出下列各题的最佳选项。(答案涂在答题纸上) 36. Who drives ________, your sister or your brother? A. the most carefully B. more carefully C. the most careful D. more careful 37. ―How are you going to the railway station to meet your father ________ Sunday morning? ―I'm going there ________ my car. A. in A. and A. something A. they go there ―OK. A. / B. / ; the C. the D. a B. by C. in D. by D. but D. else C. they bought the bike D. did they live there 38. Sandy didn't have ________ money for a bus ticket, ________ she had to walk home in the rain. B. because C. so B. other C. the other B. do they help you 39. ―What ________ can you see in the picture?―Some flowers and trees. 40. They never told us anything about their plan, so we didn't know why ________. 41. ―What ________ sunny day it is!Let's go and visit ________ Browns, shall we?42. If she ________ New York this afternoon, I ________ New York, too. A. go to A. How often B. will leave for C. visit B. How long C. How far D. How soon D. will come to 43. ―________ does Hector's uncle go to Moscow on business? ―Never. 44. ―Which of the two MP4 players are you going to buy? ―I'll buy ________ of them, so I can give one to my friend. A. all A. to close B. both B. closed C. none C. opening D. everyone D. open 45. It's too hot. Would you mind ________ the window?1 C) 情景会话。(答案涂在答题纸上) 46. ―I'm going shopping. ________? ―No, I have enough food for one week, but could you please buy me some drinks? ―No problem. A. What about going to the theatre with me 47. ―Oh, no!________! ―But you used it just now to take a photo of the park. ―Oh I remember, I put it down on the steps when I put my coat on. A. What a nice watch B. How well your camera works C. I can't find my camera D. Let's take photos here 48. ―Hello. May I speak to Tony? ―Hello. ________. He will answer you in a second. ―Thank you. A. Hold on, please B. Sorry, you have the wrong numberC. I'm sure you can do well Tony here 49. ―I'm going to see Betty in hospital, but I don't know what to bring her. ―What about some beautiful flowers? ―________. It's better than sweets. A. You can take her something to eat B. Sounds like a good idea C. I'd better not take them D. Just take some sweets 50. ―You will play the guitar at a concert in London!Will you sing, too? ―Yes, I will sing an English song. ―________? ―It's the most exciting city I know. A. How do you like my guitar B. What do you think of London C. What do you like about the concert D. Would you like to play the guitar II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension)(共 20 小题,计 30 分;51―60 小题每题 1 分,61―70 小题每题 2 分) A D. We don't have B. Why not buy some drinks C. Do you need any food from the supermarket D. Can you help me look after my baby2 Canada 4:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. Canada is a big country with six time zones. In the west, it is four a.m., and everyone is asleep, but in Halifax on the east coast it is eight o'clock and people are having breakfast. It is a cold Friday morning in November, and the temperature is ten degrees below zero Centigrade. Argentina 9:00 a.m. In Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, it is nine a.m. on a warm summer morning, and people are starting work or school. November is a summer month in Argentina because it is in the southern hemisphere 南半球) ( . Scotland 12:00 noon Scotland is part of the United Kingdom. The capital of Scotland is Edinburgh, and the capital of the UK is London. It is twelve noon, or midday, in Edinburgh. Children are having lessons, but they are looking forward to the weekend because there is no school on Saturday and Sunday. Egypt 2:00 p.m. Friday is already the weekend in Egypt. Friday is a special day for Muslims, so schools, offices and shops are closed in all Arab countries. So now, at two p.m., most people in Egypt are having lunch with their families. Japan 9:00 p.m. Japan is seven hours ahead of Egypt, so it is already Friday evening there. The weekend is beginning. Most people are out with friends or watching television or playing computer games. New Zealand 12:00 midnight It is late on Friday night, so most people are asleep. Now Saturday morning is arriving. It is morning in Canada too, but that is Friday morning! 阅读短文,根据其内容选择最佳答案完成下列各题。(答案涂在答题纸上) 51. In eastern Canada, the time is ________ that in western Canada. A. four and a half hours behind C. three hours ahead of B. four hours ahead of D. the same as3 52. While Canadian children in Halifax are having breakfast, Argentinean children are ________. A. sleeping A. Japan ________. A. it's midnight and most people are asleep B. it's noon and many people are having lunch C. it's the morning and many people are working D. it's the afternoon and most people are playing computer games 55. What time is it in New Zealand if it's 11:15 p.m. in Japan? A. 1:15 p.m. B. 2:15 p.m. B The first person to skate solo around the world, Fabrice Gropaiz of France, began his journey in San Francisco three years ago. Since then, he has skated more than 30,000 kilometres through thirty-three countries. He skated across the USA and northern Mexico from west to east, then across Europe, Russia, Mongolia, China and Australia before flying across the Pacific Ocean to San Francisco again. In all the big cities, television and newspaper reporters interviewed him. He travelled with fifteen kilogrammes of equipment, which he pulled behind him on a homemade trailer. His equipment included a tent, a change of clothes and a video camera. A friend, David Lai, made a web site (), and Fabrice sent regular news to the site. He wrote in English so that people all over the world could understand. Thousands of people sent emails to Fabrice during his journey. People saw him on television and read about him, and many readers and listeners offered to help him. Fabrice asked them to send money to a medical research organisation. In this way, he raised a lot of money for important medical research. Between stops, he travelled 100 kilometres on good days. But there were also bad days and problems: bad weather, broken skates, dangerous drivers, snakes on the roads in Mexico, and a wolf attack in Mongolia. However, none of these problems stopped him, and he wants to do another trip. 阅读短文,根据其内容选择最佳答案完成下列各题。 (答案涂在答题纸上) 56. What does the word “solo” in the first sentence, paragraph one mean? A. 认真地 A. In Mexico. B. 独自地 B. In Mongolia. C. 高兴地 D. 紧张地 D. In Russia. 57. Where did Fabrice begin his skating around the world? C. In San Francisco. C. 1:15 a.m. D. 2:15 a.m. B. going home B. Canada C. at school C. New Zealand D. having supper D. Scotland 53 It's midday in the capital of ________ when it's 9:00 a.m. in the capital of Argentina. 54. Two p.m. in Egypt is not a good time to telephone people in New Zealand, because in New Zealand4 58. What didn't Fabrice bring on his trailer? A. A tent. A. French. B. Clothes. B. Spanish. C. A video camera. C. Russian. D. A mobile phone. D. English. 59. In what language did Fabrice give information to the web site? 60. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage? A. Fabrice skated across four continents (大陆) during his journey. B. It took Fabrice four years to skate through thirty-three countries. C. Fabrice travelled 100 kilometres in bad weather. D. Fabrice got no money from his readers and listeners for medical research. C In 2003, 14-year-old Jenna spoke to a journalist about moving to Spain. “I've only been a Beckham fan for a few years but my dad always loved seeing him play at Manchester United. It took him ten hours to get there by car from Cornwall! Mum also follows Becks now. When she and I heard he was leaving to play in Spain, I said, ‘Let's move to Spain!’ (61)Dad agreed to come but my elder brother decided to stay in England. He's still living in our house there. At first we didn't know if Becks would play for Barcelona or Madrid, so my parents bought a place in Alicante. It's only about three hours away from both cities. Our new home has three bedrooms and two bathrooms on one floor, and there's a flat with another two bedrooms and bathrooms under that. There's a pool, too. My friends in England will come and visit for my birthday in February. They think I'm a bit mad but they're pleased for me too. (62) It's great to live in another country and learn a new language, but I'm finding Spanish quite difficult. I learned French in England and I keep mixing the two. It'll be easier when I start at my new school. Becks is playing up really well in Spain, which keeps my dad happy!What I love most about him is that he's a big family man. Being famous hasn't changed him. I'm having a great time in Spain and I'd really like to meet Becks one day.” A)将文中划线的 61、62 小题的两处句子分别翻译成汉语。(答案写在答题纸上) B)根据短文内容回答下列问题。(答案写在答题纸上) 63. Who had the idea of moving to Spain? 64. Why did Jenna's family buy a new house in Alicante at first? D5 Dan Shaw is blind. When he walks down the street, people stare at him. They look at him because he has Cuddles. Cuddles is his guide horse. She is a miniature horse. In fact, Cuddles is only 26 inches high! Sometimes, blind people have guide dogs to help them. However, some blind people don't like dogs. They may be afraid of dogs. They may be allergic (对??过敏) to dogs. Now, they can have guide horses instead. Dan Shaw was the first person to have a guide horse. Cuddles helps him a lot. Guide horses are very small, but they are very strong. One day, Dan and Cuddles were on a busy street. Suddenly, a bicycle came towards them. Cuddles used her strong body. She pushed Dan out of the way. The horses have good memories, too. Cuddles can remember how to go to different places with Dan, such as the grocery store or the post office. Miniature horses live a long time. Some miniature horses live for about 40 years. Most dogs only live for about 15 years. Guide horses do not have to live inside, like dogs do. They can live outside, but they need a home with a big backyard. This is because they eat a lot of grass. Many blind people want guide horses like Cuddles. Right now, there are only a few, but soon, there will be more. 阅读短文,根据其内容回答下列问题。(答案写在答题纸上) 65. What helps Dan Shaw cross the street? 66. What advantages (长处) does Cuddles have? 67. Why do the guide horses need a home with a big backyard? E “I'll have cucumber sandwiches, crumpets, scones with jam and cream, a slice of Dundee cake and a pot of Earl Grey tea, please. But no sugar―I'm on a diet.” Many people say such things in English tea shops. In England, tea is not just a drink, it's a meal as well. In some homes it's the last meal of the day, although for many people it's a light meal between lunch and dinner. But most working people don't have time for a proper tea. Most tea shops serve tea between three and five in the afternoon, although the most popular time is around four o'clock. So an English tea is great for people on holiday who have the time to enjoy it. Why not try a typical English tea in Oxford? After a long day visiting the romantic city, here are some tea shops to visit. The Randolph Hotel in Beaumont Street is in the very centre of the city. It's a fine Victorian building and offers the best traditions of English teatime, with piano music in the background. The Nosebag in St Michael's Street is popular with university students. Excellent homemade cakes and a good choice of teas are available (可得到的) but go early as there are always long queues. The Wykeham Coffee Shop in Holywell Street is a small tea shop opposite New College, and is popular with tourists and students. George's Café in the Covered Market is popular with market workers and shoppers.6 Queen's Lane Coffee House on the High Street is one of the oldest restaurants in Oxford, and despite its name, serves excellent teas, and also has a choice of newspapers. 阅读短文,根据其内容完成下列各句,每空不得超过 5 个词。(答案写在答题纸上) 68. This passage is about teatime and ________ in Oxford, England. 69. In addition to (除了) drinking tea, people can listen to ________ in the Randolph Hotel and eat ________ in the Nosebag. 70. Two tea shops are very popular with students. One is the Nosebag, and the other is ________. III. 完形填空(Cloze)(共 20 小题,计 20 分) A) 阅读短文,根据其内容从方框中挑选合适的动词,并用其适当形式填空完成短文。每个词只能使 用一次。(答案写在答题纸上) know, act, write, have, be, live, finish, work, do, marry He was born in 1564 in Stratfordon-Avon. He was the son of a Stratford businessman. He went to the local grammar school. In 1582 he (71)________ Anne Hathaway. They (72)________ three children. We (73)________ that he left Stratford in about 1585, but no one knows where he went or what he (74)________ for the next five years. In September 1592 we know that he lived and (75)________ in London as a playwright (剧作家) and as an actor at the Globe Theatre. He was not on the actor-list after 1603 so he probably stopped (76)________ at this time because he was already famous for his (77)________. He wrote his first play, Henry VI, in . He also wrote a large number of poems. He (78)________ his last play, The Tempest, in 1612. After that, he left London and went back (79)________ in Stratford. He died in 1616. His plays (80)________ very successful today. Many people think he was the greatest English writer of all time. His name was William Shakespeare. B) 阅读下面的电子邮件, 根据其上下文和首字母提示, 在文中空白处填入适当的单词补全电子邮件。 每空一词。(答案写在答题纸上)7 IV. 句式转换 (Sentence pattern transformation)(共 10 小题,计 20 分) A) 按要求转换下列各句。每空一词。(答案写在答题纸上) 91. They would like to drink three glasses of milk. (对划线部分提问) ________ ________ milk would they like to drink? 92. The little girl saw something to eat on the table. (改为否定句) The little girl ________ ________ to eat on the table. 93. Mr Green likes Chinese food very much. (对划线部分提问) ________ ________ Mr Green like Chinese food? 94. His sister was a worker last year. (用 a businesswoman 改为选择疑问句) ________ his sister a worker ________ a businesswoman last year? 95. There isn't much food in the fridge. (改为反意疑问句) There isn't much food in the fridge, ________ ________? B) 根据上句改写下句,使两句意思相同或相近。每空一词。(答案写在答题纸上) 96. What a nice girl she is!________ ________ the girl is! 97. There are no differences between the two DVDs. This DVD is ________ ________ as that one. 98. Why don't you ask your brother for help? ________ ________ asking your brother for help? 99. She doesn't know how she can get to the shopping centre.8 She doesn't know ________ ________ get to the shopping centre. 100. My aunt takes the bus to work every day. My aunt goes to work ________ ________ every day. V. 翻译(Translation)(共 5 小题,计 10 分) 根据所给提示词,将下列汉语句子翻译成英语。(答案写在答题纸上) 101. 我想睡觉,你能将电视的音量调小些吗?(turn down) 102. 上个月末,他们观看了一场有关海豚的电影。(film about...) 103. 我不想去钓鱼,因为那听起来真的很无聊。(sound) 104. 昨天晚上他不得不在家照看小妹妹,因为父母都不在家。( look after) 105. 玛丽比吉姆聪明,但吉姆比玛丽有趣多了。( funny) VII. 写作(Writing)(共 2 小题,计 20 分。A 篇为 10 分,B 篇为 10 分) A) 根据图片及文字提示编写一段短文。(作文写在答题纸上) 要求:1. 将文字以及图片中的信息体现在短文中; 2. 行文流畅,语法正确,单词拼写规范正确; 3. 词数不少于 60。B) 阅读下面一段叙述,针对其中提出的问题写出你的看法。(作文写在答题纸上) Some students think that exam scores(考试分数) should be something private (私人的) and they don't want others to know them. They think their teachers should not show them to others. 要求:1. 条理清楚,观点鲜明; 2. 用词得当,语法正确,书写规范; 3. 词数:80―100。9 开城中心学校
学年度第一学期八年级英语竞赛试卷答卷纸I.选择填空 (Vocabulary and structure) (共 20 小题,计 20 分) 31. 36. 41. 46 2 分) 51. 56. 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 71. 76. 81. 86 91. 96. 101. 102 103 104 105 VII. 写作(Writing)(共 2 小题,计 20 分。A 篇为 10 分,B 篇为 10 分) 69 72. 77. 82 87 92. 97. 70 73. 78 83 88 93. 98 74. 79.. 84 89 94. 99.. 75. 80. 85 90 III. 完形填空(Cloze)(共 20 小题,计 20 分) 52. 57. 53. 58 54. 59.. 55. 60. 32. 37. 42 47 33. 38 43 48 34. 39.. 44 49 35. 40. 45 50编号:II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension)(共 20 小题,计 30 分;51―60 小题每题 1 分,61―70 小题每题IV. 句式转换 (Sentence pattern transformation)(共 10 小题,计 20 分) 95. 100.V. 翻译(Translation)(共 5 小题,计 10 分)10 参考答案 I. 选择填空(Vocabulary and structure) A) 31―35 CABAD B) 36―40 BACDC C) 46―50 CCABB II. 阅读理解(Reading comprehension) A) 51―55 BCDAD B) 56―60 BCDDA C) 61. 爸爸同意来西班牙,但是哥哥决定留在英格兰。他现在仍然住在我们在那儿的房子里。 62. 生活在另一个国家和学习一种新的语言都是很棒的事,但我现在发现西班牙语很难学。 63. Jenna. 64. Because they didn't know if Becks would play for Barcelona or Madrid (and it's not far away from Barcelona or Madrid). D) 65. A guide horse. / Cuddles. 66. A strong body and a good memory. 67. Because they eat a lot of grass. E) 68. tea shops 69. homemade cakes 70. the Wykeham Coffee Shop III. 完形填空(Cloze) A) 71. married 72. had 73. know 74. did 75. worked 76. acting 77. writing 78. finished 79. to live 80. are 87. win 88. journey 89. B) 81. magazines 82. one 83. ago 84. lots 85. next 86. pay fell 90. about IV. 句式转换 (Sentence pattern transformation) A) 91. How much B) 96. How nice V. 翻译(Translation) A) 101. I want to sleep. Could you please turn down the TV? 102. They watched a film about dolphins at the end of last month. 103. I don't want to go fishing because that sounds really boring. 104. He had to look after his little sister at home last night because his parents were out. 105. Mary is smarter than Jim, but Jim is much funnier than Mary. VII. 写作(Writing) A) One possible version: Adam bought a CD yesterday, but the CD didn't work. The next day he took it to the shop and told the shop assistant about it. After he answered some questions she asked, Adam showed the 92. saw nothing 93. How does 94. W or 95. is there 97. the same 98. What / How about 99. how to 100. by bus 41―45 CBABC11 receipt to her. At last she thought he was right, so she gave Adam another CD. Adam thanked her and went home with the new CD happily. B) One possible version: I think it is really a bad thing to let others know my exam scores. If I get a low score, some people may laugh at me and it will make me sad. If I get a high score, I will be happy, but it may make others unhappy. They may think I am not smarter than them and maybe they will even think my score isn't true. Then I will have fewer friends than before and it will also make me sad. Just keep my exam scores a secret, and I will be happier. 一、 评分原则: 1. 本题总分为: A) 10 分; B)15 分。按四个档次给分。 2. 评分时,先根据文章的内容和语言初步确定其所属档次,然后以该档次的要求来衡量,确定或 调整本档次,最后给分。 3. 作文词数少于 50 或多于 100 的, 从总分中减去 2 分。 4. 如书写较差,以至影响交流,将分数降低一个档次。 二、 各档次的给分范围和要求: 第四档(很好):A) 9―10 分; B) 12―15 分 完全完成了试题规定的要求,覆盖所有内容要点,应用了较多的语法结构和词汇,没有语法和词汇 错误,具备较强的语言运用能力,完全达到了预期的写作目的。 第三档(好):A) 6―8 分; B) 9―11 分 完成了试题规定的要求,应用的语法结构和词汇能满足题目的要求,基本没有语法和词汇错误,达 到了预期的写作目的。 第二档(一般):A) 4―5 分; B) 5―8 分 未恰当完成试题规定的要求,漏掉内容要点,未描述清楚主要内容,写了一些无关内容,有语法和 词汇错误,影响了对写作内容的理解,信息未能清楚地传达给读者。 第一档(差):A) 1―3 分; B) 1―4 分 未完成试题规定的要求,明显遗漏主要内容,写了一些无关内容,语法结构单调,词汇项目有限, 有较多语法和词汇错误,影响对写作内容的理解,信息未能传达给读者。 0分未能传达给读者任何信息,内容太少,无法评判,写的内容均与所要求内容无关或所 写内容无法看清。12
八年级上数学竞赛题_初二数学_数学_初中教育_教育专区。新人教版八年级上数学竞赛题 学年度八年级(上)数学竞赛试题(满分:120 分;考试时间:90 分钟)一...人教版八年级上册数学竞赛试题_初二数学_数学_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档 人教版八年级上册数学竞赛试题_初二数学_数学_初中教育_教育...八年级人教版上册英语竞赛试卷_英语_初中教育_教育专区。八年级人教版上册英语竞赛试卷2014---2015 学年度人教版新目标 八年级英语上册竞赛测试题(考试时间:90 分钟...新目标人教版八年级英语上册竞赛试题_英语_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载|举报文档新目标人教版八年级英语上册竞赛试题_英语_初中教育_教育专区。...人教版八年级上学期物理竞赛题_理化生_初中教育_教育专区。八年级物理(分数:100 分 考试时限:90 分钟) 提示:请同学们将答案做在答题卡相应的位置,否则不计分。...人教版新教材八年级上物理竞赛试题_学科竞赛_初中教育_教育专区。2013 年下期八...它的像 (填“变大”、“变小”或“不变”)(4)在桌面上的方格盘,N 是... 学年度第一学期八年级物理竞赛 班级 姓名 分数一、选择题:本题共 10 题,每题 4 分,共 40 分。 1.王勇同学在宾馆饭店看到一种自动门,当有人...人教版八年级上册历史知识竞赛试题_初二政史地_政史地_初中教育_教育专区 暂无评价|0人阅读|0次下载 人教版八年级上册历史知识竞赛试题_初二政史地_政史地_初中...(每小题只有 1 个符合题意的答案,每题 2 分,共 60 分) 1、在某电视台举行的一档“地理知识竞赛 _人教版八年级上册地理期末试卷(本试卷满分 100 分,考试...人教版八年级数学上册经典精品练习题,强烈推荐_初二数学_数学_初中教育_教育专区...已知竞赛成绩都是整 数,试题满分为 140 分,参赛学生的成绩统计情况如下图:...
All rights reserved Powered by
copyright &copyright 。文档资料库内容来自网络,如有侵犯请联系客服。}

我要回帖

更多关于 in the afternoon 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信