Our daughter什么意思 now sm...

CommunitySpeak
& A poem on Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, by Smruthi, my twelve-year-old daughter…
CommunitySpeak
Posted on: October 20, 2015.
Comments ( 61 )
Author: Sangeetha Narayanan, mother of Smruthi, Chennai
Hi Parents! My daughter, twelve-year-old Smruthi, has written this poem on the life and value of Hon. Ex-president of India, Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
I felt I must share my joy with all of you and read your comments on what you felt after reading this poem.
High in our hearts,
Be it in our thoughts,
We’ve lost a wonderful person,
And that’s Kalam, like whom there can be none
Missile Man you are said to be,
Dreaming of another Kalam, I would be
To inspire thoughts, your books are there,
But we dream you to be everywhere
You once fired rockets,
Now your photo is on lockets,
That can be found in every Indian’s pockets.
Your inspiration,
Is our hearts’ lamination
We thank you for being one among us,
You still make us bees that buzz
Whatever you do to tend,
Never do you pretend
I would promise to be
The next Abdul Kalam,
But, never will I forget the salaam
You have entered everyone’s minds
Standing in its heights.
…by Smruthi, Std. VII in PSBB, K.K.Nagar, Chennai.
NOTE: If you are a parent and wish to share your experience and suggestions, send us an email to
with the subject line "ParentSpeak". You may also include limited number of photos relevant to your topic.
Leave a Comment
Disclaimer: The information contained within this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute for obtaining advice from professional experts. The ideas and views expressed here are all from the authors of the content and not from Yokibu. Please seek assistance from professional experts for your specific needs.
Recent Comments
(303) (251) (200) (84) (83) (68) (65) (64) (61) (61)In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
(minimum 6 characters)
Screen Name:
Birth Date:
<option label="2001" value="
<option label="2000" value="
<option label="1999" value="
<option label="1998" value="
<option label="1997" value="
<option label="1996" value="
<option label="1995" value="
<option label="1994" value="
<option label="1993" value="
<option label="1992" value="
<option label="1991" value="
<option label="1990" value="
<option label="1989" value="
<option label="1988" value="
<option label="1987" value="
<option label="1986" value="
<option label="1985" value="
<option label="1984" value="
<option label="1983" value="
<option label="1982" value="
<option label="1981" value="
<option label="1980" value="
<option label="1979" value="
<option label="1978" value="
<option label="1977" value="
<option label="1976" value="
<option label="1975" value="
<option label="1974" value="
<option label="1973" value="
<option label="1972" value="
<option label="1971" value="
<option label="1970" value="
<option label="1969" value="
<option label="1968" value="
<option label="1967" value="
<option label="1966" value="
<option label="1965" value="
<option label="1964" value="
<option label="1963" value="
<option label="1962" value="
<option label="1961" value="
<option label="1960" value="
<option label="1959" value="
<option label="1958" value="
<option label="1957" value="
<option label="1956" value="
<option label="1955" value="
<option label="1954" value="
<option label="1953" value="
<option label="1952" value="
<option label="1951" value="
<option label="1950" value="
<option label="1949" value="
<option label="1948" value="
<option label="1947" value="
<option label="1946" value="
<option label="1945" value="
<option label="1944" value="
<option label="1943" value="
<option label="1942" value="
<option label="1941" value="
<option label="1940" value="
<option label="1939" value="
<option label="1938" value="
<option label="1937" value="
<option label="1936" value="
<option label="1935" value="
<option label="1934" value="
<option label="1933" value="
<option label="1932" value="
<option label="1931" value="
<option label="1930" value="
<option label="1929" value="
<option label="1928" value="
<option label="1927" value="
<option label="1926" value="
<option label="1925" value="
<option label="1924" value="
<option label="1923" value="
<option label="1922" value="
<option label="1921" value="
<option label="1920" value="
<option label="1919" value="
<option label="1918" value="
<option label="1917" value="
Join for Free!
my daughters grandparents show favortism
my daughter is 13 months and my step-son is 5 yrs old. her grandparents will not visit, buy her anything . For x-mas my daughter got nothing from them but bought my step son loads of toys and clothes. for her birthday they didnt buy her anything. Now right now she is not old enough to understand but im really thinking they do not like my child or something. my point is not about material things but at least spend time her. they wont even do that they have not came to visit once. i dont want her to grow up thinking she is not liked by her grandparents. what would you do or what do you think about this situation?
thanks ladis
2:42 PM on Aug.
i would talk to her grandparent & tell them how you feel about how they are treating her & why are they treating this way
2:48 PM on Aug.
That just plain sucks! I have the same thing. My kids grandma, on their dads side, hasn't seen the kids in 5 years. She lives an hour and a half away, yet will fly 8 hours to go see her other grand kids, who she sees several times a year, and goes on trips with them. Ours are lucky if they get a card at xmas. When we say who its' from, they say "whos' that?"
When they dont' know who they are or care to get to know them, then the grandparents might clue in that they screwed up, but by that time, its too late. Their loss.
have your husband or SO talk to them about this
My mom shows favoritism over my two sons vs. My niece. And with my daughter. She doesn't like boys or something. She has a son, my brother. I just don't understand how ppl can have a favorite. I love my kids and if one gets something then they all should. My mom doesnt come to see my kids. Unless she benefits, like getting paid to watch my kids. My SO his mom is the same except she complains she doesnt get to spend time with them. I really think its me but nobody sees it that way.
2:59 PM on Aug.
I have the same situation. I married a man who had a child and his mother said to me she had one son a one grandchild. Don't worry I'm sure you give your child all the love she needs. It is their loss if they don't want to spend time with her. My girls are 14 and 15 now and don't miss anything from that side of the family, they have only one grandma and they know they are lucky some kids have none. Good luck I know it hurts!
2:59 PM on Aug.
tell them that if they can't be equal to both kids than you can't accept gifts/offers to do stuff from them. or have your SO tell them.
8:08 PM on Aug.
Now that's really cruel. She is missing out on a wonderful relationship with them. My kids were very close with their grandmother. And she would treat them equally and fairly. Maybe sending them some pictures of her will help.
8:49 PM on Aug.
sounds like my in-laws, well kind of, lol. My DH was raised by his grandparents. fast foward 25 years and now his "mother" wants to be Nana. But she really doesn't. She beggs us to come see her at work with the baby I guess so she looks like a good grandmother by kissing and hugging all over him. YUCK! But when we got back from vacation I tried to be the good DIL and called her so we could go visit and give her her gift..... She was busy! that is what she told me~ So needless to say I won't bust my ass anymore to get off of work early so I can make a "Surprize Visit" at her office. Oh and this is the icing on the f**king cake. She had "other obligations" ont he same day as my son's 2nd birthday party. The whole family was there. but anyways a week later she calls and told me she had booked a Chuck E. Cheese Party. And I could only invite 6 people...... I wanted to tell her about my obligations and where she could stick hers!
1:08 AM on Aug.
1-8 of 8 answers
to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
Next question in
Next question overall
Check out some of the top posts today in Groups:
Already Joined?}

我要回帖

更多关于 daughter什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信