The end of us,you and usw...

those of you w/ cold nodules
jsut recently i was told i have an enlarged thyroid. the right side is 2 xs the size of the left w/ 3 nodules. the iodine scan said that they ae cold. it been 2 months since my sonogram and my dr said that it looks bigger.
my question is has anybody had this and not be cancer? i am really nervous.
its wierd because all my thyroid tests have been normal as far as blood work tsh t3 and t4
Page 1 of 1
My Dr. said I could have that test but at this point I've decided to have 1/2 the thyroid removed due to needle biopsy showing &atypical& cells that were found.&&She said that the hot/cold test (cannot recall exact name) would be able to better predict the %'s of node being benign or malignant but said in my case it is pointless as I'm having the surgery.
Odds Odds Odds, %'s, %'s, %'s .. they drove me crazy in the beginning but now I'm sitting back realizing I cannot change what it will be but have an education and am prepared for what they find.&&
I wish they had a better way to determine the outcome before surgery .... but unfortuantely, not yet in our lifetime yet.
My Dr. said I could have that test but at this point I've decided to have 1/2 the thyroid removed due to needle biopsy showing &atypical& cells that were found.&&She said that the hot/cold test (cannot recall exact name) would be able to better predict the %'s of node being benign or malignant but said in my case it is pointless as I'm having the surgery.
Odds Odds Odds, %'s, %'s, %'s .. they drove me crazy in the beginning but now I'm sitting back realizing I cannot change what it will be but have an education and am prepared for what they find.&&
I wish they had a better way to determine the outcome before surgery .... but unfortuantely, not yet in our lifetime yet.
thanks so much ladies. i am very nervous. i just wan to get the needle aspiration done.
i am so nervous. it doesn help w/ my heart problems too
thanks so much ladies. i am very nervous. i just wan to get the needle aspiration done.
i am so nervous. it doesn help w/ my heart problems too
I'm sure you are nervous - and probably scared to death.&&Take a breath, this may seem overwhelming but it is manageable.&&You're right, the stress isn't good on your heart or your mind.
The chances of your nodules being malignant are still slim.&&However, *If* (and only IF) it is malignant, it's not the end of the world.&&The vast majority of thyroid cancers are VERY slow growing and VERY curable.&&In fact, as those of us who have had thi if you have to get cancer, this is the one to get.&&
Please schedule time to speak with your doctor and read some of the online resources.&&FNAs aren't always conclusive (there are quite a few posts about that lately) and it may be good for you to sit down with your doctor and explore all the options.&&You may want to take a friend with you too - often when we are emotional we don't hear (or remember hearing) everything that is told to us.&&Having another person there can help.
Breathe.&&&&Hang in there!!
I'm sure you are nervous - and probably scared to death.&&Take a breath, this may seem overwhelming but it is manageable.&&You're right, the stress isn't good on your heart or your mind.
The chances of your nodules being malignant are still slim.&&However, *If* (and only IF) it is malignant, it's not the end of the world.&&The vast majority of thyroid cancers are VERY slow growing and VERY curable.&&In fact, as those of us who have had thi if you have to get cancer, this is the one to get.&&
Please schedule time to speak with your doctor and read some of the online resources.&&FNAs aren't always conclusive (there are quite a few posts about that lately) and it may be good for you to sit down with your doctor and explore all the options.&&You may want to take a friend with you too - often when we are emotional we don't hear (or remember hearing) everything that is told to us.&&Having another person there can help.
Breathe.&&&&Hang in there!!
Hi Hollyloxx
I know that you can't help but be nervous and I'm sorry, this stuff is frightening.&&As I'm sure you know, &cold& nodules do have a higher incidence of malignancy than &hot& nodules but according to one of the best thyroid information sites out there:
Eighty-five percent of thyroid nodules are cold, 10 percent are warm, and five percent are hot. . . . 85 percent of cold nodules are benign, 90 percent of warm nodules are benign, and 95 percent of hot nodules are benign.&& Although thyroid scanning can give a probability that a nodule is benign or malignant, it cannot truly differentiate benign or malignant nodules and usually should not be used as the only basis for recommending treatment of the nodule, including thyroid surgery.&&()
Here are some great sites you might want to look at regarding your nodules:
/
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/thyroid/
These sites, and some of the postings on this forum, might give you some reassurance and help you discuss with your doctor what the next steps may be for your treatment.
Most of us who have had thyroid cancer had no abnormal thyroid labs.&&That's part of the frustration - there is no lab work that can tell us if we have a malignancy or not.&&Has your doctor told you how large the nodules may be?
One of the best things you can do is to educate yourself about your thyroid and possible outcomes so you can partner together with your doctor(s) for your health.&&Ask all the questions from this forum you want - that is what we are here for.&&You are definitely not alone in this as many of us have been through it and there are many more going through it right now.
Hi Hollyloxx
I know that you can't help but be nervous and I'm sorry, this stuff is frightening.&&As I'm sure you know, &cold& nodules do have a higher incidence of malignancy than &hot& nodules but according to one of the best thyroid information sites out there:
Eighty-five percent of thyroid nodules are cold, 10 percent are warm, and five percent are hot. . . . 85 percent of cold nodules are benign, 90 percent of warm nodules are benign, and 95 percent of hot nodules are benign.&& Although thyroid scanning can give a probability that a nodule is benign or malignant, it cannot truly differentiate benign or malignant nodules and usually should not be used as the only basis for recommending treatment of the nodule, including thyroid surgery.&&()
Here are some great sites you might want to look at regarding your nodules:
/
http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/thyroid/
These sites, and some of the postings on this forum, might give you some reassurance and help you discuss with your doctor what the next steps may be for your treatment.
Most of us who have had thyroid cancer had no abnormal thyroid labs.&&That's part of the frustration - there is no lab work that can tell us if we have a malignancy or not.&&Has your doctor told you how large the nodules may be?
One of the best things you can do is to educate yourself about your thyroid and possible outcomes so you can partner together with your doctor(s) for your health.&&Ask all the questions from this forum you want - that is what we are here for.&&You are definitely not alone in this as many of us have been through it and there are many more going through it right now.
I have a cold nodule and it is large. I had a biopsy and turned out it was not cancerous but&&I am having half of my thyroid removed and should not have to be on medicatione either. It has been a very scarey experience for me too especially since I have been a generally healthy person but I am relieved to know it is benign & They say the surgery either way has good recovery. It is easy to panic but dont. It is treatable.
I have a cold nodule and it is large. I had a biopsy and turned out it was not cancerous but&&I am having half of my thyroid removed and should not have to be on medicatione either. It has been a very scarey experience for me too especially since I have been a generally healthy person but I am relieved to know it is benign & They say the surgery either way has good recovery. It is easy to panic but dont. It is treatable.
thanks so much you ladies!! i spoke w/ my dr and i get the feeling that even if its benign he sounds liek he wants it to be removed.
i go for the biopsy on the 19th
wish me luck
thanks so much you ladies!! i spoke w/ my dr and i get the feeling that even if its benign he sounds liek he wants it to be removed.
i go for the biopsy on the 19th
wish me luck
Best of luck!!!
Sounds like your doctor is on top of it and if he recommends you get it out . . . well, there is a lot to that saying &better safe than sorry&
Best of luck!!!
Sounds like your doctor is on top of it and if he recommends you get it out . . . well, there is a lot to that saying &better safe than sorry&
Your Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
those of you w/ cold nodules
jsut recently i was told i have an enlarged thyroid. the right side is 2 xs the size of the left w/ 3 nodules. the iodine scan said that they ae cold. it been 2 months since my sonogram and my dr said that it looks bigger.
my question is has anybody had this and not be cancer? i am really nervous.
its wierd because all my thyroid tests have been normal as far as blood work tsh t3 and t4
Answer this question
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.
Why checking at new times can help.
Could you benefit from this alternative glucose testing method?
Communities
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Sisters, OR
Northern, NJ
MedHelp International.
All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of .Daily Deals: The Last of Us Remastered for Under $13! - IGN
You've Come This Far...
Artboard 6
Artboard 6 Copy
Artboard 6 Copy 4
Artboard 6 Copy 6
Artboard 6 Copy 8
Created with Sketch.
No more excuses – The Last of Us Remastered is now cheaper than a movie ticket and popcorn.
Update: Due to a rapid response to the sub-$13 price, Amazon's notched things up to $20. Still a superb deal at that price, though! OK, everyone, this is finally it – the end of all excuses. If you still have not played the excellent , you can now rectify that oversight in your existence for less than 13 bucks. That's such a cheap price that even those of you who played it to completion of PS3 should have no qualms about double-dipping now too, if you haven't already!
The latest Far Cry – just released earlier this year – is now over half off its original asking price.
If you've cut cable like I have, a good HDTV antenna is what you need. (My current one hasn't been working so well to pull in the Olympics, so I'm going to grab this deal for myself.)
One of the best deals on Xbox One hardware we've seen, and you can pick your pack-in game to be Forza Motorsport 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, or Rare Replay.
Revisit the series' beginnings in HD! Prime members save an extra 20%, knocking the price down to just $16.
Then revisit the series' first sequel, also in HD! $16 for Prime members on this one, too.
Use the code DELLDT579 to knock several hundred dollars of this desktop's normal asking price.
If you're in the market for a laptop, this is a wonderful deal – all the bells and whistles, inclduing 4K resolution and GTX960m.
Amazon just refreshed its stock of copies of No Man's Sky. They were all sold out on Monday, so if you're an Amazon Prime member, you can once again take advantage of that 20% discount. Remember, that'll be over next Tuesday, so get your order in before then if you want to get it for $48 instead of $60.
The price of the extended Blu-ray , in case you want this one for your Bat Cave/Fortress of Solitude/screening room on the island of Themyscira.
Almost all of these TVs are going for that same price Amazon charges, but Dell is tossing in store credit that you can use on games, consoles, a PC, anything Dell sells. If you've been wanting a small TV for the bedroom or a big 4K, this is a nice opportunity.
$230 - Same price as
$330 - Cheaper than !
- Cheaper than !
Scoop up a cheap, refurbished OLED Vita (this the original version with the slightly chunkier build and brighter screen) , then enjoy lots of cheap Vita games through PSN sales.
Get a $100 iTunes gift card for $85 - I use these to pay for everything: Neflix, HBO Go, any movies I rent, apps I buy, or for the occasional handful of Pokecoins in Pokemon Go. This way I'm saving 15% on everything I buy in iTunes.
Destiny The Collection is the perfect way to jump into Bungie's massive online shooter and join your friends. You're getting all the Destiny expansions to date, including the brand new Rise of Iron, and a free character boost to level 40 so you can hit the ground running. Plus pre-ordering gets you a free Iron Gjallarhorn, the infamous rocket launcher that just came out of retirement. You can snag it all for only $48 with that
20% discount.
Use code FIRST to get . That's a $30 discount on the standard price!
Use code SUMMER16 to save $5 on on any $50 Fandango gift card. If you like to buy your tickets online before you get to the theater, there's basically no reason not to take advantage of this deal. Yes, it's only $5, but considering what a movie costs these days, every penny counts.
This Tri-Band TP-Link Router supports both 2.4 and 5Ghz bands. It's designed to to handle multiple devices streaming 4K video and playing online games. It's overkill for a house with, say, an Xbox and a Roku, but if you've got multiple devices sucking up big bandwidth, you might want to snag this while it's $250; it's normally $300, and it's never been any cheap than its current price. Plus, it looks like it could be Batman's router.
Can you name all three unforgivable curses? How about the number of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher Hogwarts went through why Harry was enrolled? If those questions have you intrigued, you might want to snag Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit before they price magically goes back up from $14.
I'm a big advocate for having a decent pair speakers (and a subwoofer, perhaps) on your desk. It makes watching a movie with a friend a lot easier, and sub and satellite set is going sound better than tinny laptop speakers. This Logitech set is currently $130 on , but you can score them on Best Buy's eBay store for $100, a match for the lowest price I've seen.
It's a shame that the Darksiders series only got two entries. The games mashed up the combat of God of War with the exploration, puzzles, and dungeon crawling of a Zelda game, and did it all in a unique mythological/post-apocalyptic setting. They're genuinely great games ( back in 2010), and while there doesn't seem to be a sequel on the horizon, at least the original is getting an HD remake. It's out in October, and you can get it for just $16 if you order with . Remember, you'll see the discount when you proceed to checkout. And don't forget, Darksiders 2 already has an HD remake, and .
Not all credit cards are created equal. If you want a card that can get you the most cash back, to put towards games or whatever else, .
Nintendo just added eight new games to its Selects roster, enshrining them in glory and honoring them with a $20 price tag from now until eternity. There are some stone cold classics on this list, including , , , and , which is kind of a like GTA crossed with a LEGO game (). These games are only $20, but if you have , you've got two weeks to scoop 'em up at a 20% discount. That makes them just $16, so get that order in before this ship sets sail!
The battery life on the DualShock 4 is mediocre, so keeping them charged while they're not in use is essential.
our pick for the , and it's . I use it at home to keep my PS4 controllers charged and out of site when they're not in use. It's a tad flimsy feeling, but so are lots of chargers that cost three times as much, and this one looks a lot sharper than a USB cable hanging out of the front of your system.
Not only is it looking great in white, it has improved textured grips, twice the wireless range of the original controller, and it's bluetooth compatible so you can use it on a PC, tablet, or phone without a dongle. It's normally $60, and this $49 price tag is the first real discount I've seen.
Crunchyroll is Netflix for anime.
gives you unlimited streaming access to brand new anime, ad-free, as well as tons of classics like Re:Zero, One Piece, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Gintama, and Fate/Stay Night. A Crunchyroll Premium free trial is normal 15 days, but we can hook you up with a 30-day trial, .
$14.79 PS4 copies are $20, including digital.
$30 Wireless signal not cutting it? Boost it with this range extender.
IGN's Daily Deals is your source for bargains on things you actually want from around the Web. Read our
Lucas M. Thomas compiles IGN's App Store Update emails, keeps you apprised on what's coming Out This Week and serves as the Editor-in-Chief of . You can follow him on Twitter, .
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Last of Us: Remastered
Survive an apocalypse on Earth in The Last of Us Remastered, a PS4 port of the original game that runs in 1080p and includes downloadable content.
On PlayStation 4
IGN RecommendsWest African studies by Mary Henrietta Kingsley - Free Ebook
No cover available
Bibliographic Record
Contributor
Contributor
West African studies
Release Date
Feb 13, 2012
Copyright Status
Public domain in the USA.
44 downloads in the last 30 days.