to whatto an extentt the ...

 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
Karl Marx卡尔马克思To What Extent Is Marx And Engels' The 'Communist Manifesto' .
下载积分:3800
内容提示:
文档格式:PDF|
浏览次数:0|
上传日期: 23:22:25|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
下载文档:Karl Marx卡尔马克思To What Extent Is Marx And Engels' The 'Communist Manifesto' Obsolete哲学政治学代表作著作思想评论评述.PDF
官方公共微信To what extent should we think to the future and long-term?: Philosophy Forums
Another thread in this subforum discusses 'living in the present'. I've been thinking ab
Download thread as textHTMLGo ►
This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.
aquaticbluebluepigment11bootstrapdarkdefaulteapgreengreenbubblzhelllargemobilemodernsimplicityspacewhite
Go ►
Choose Forum
Introduction to Philosophy / Factual Issues / Books General Philosophy Metaphysics and Epistemology Ethics Logic and Philosophy of Math- Logic and Math Homework Philosophy of Religion- Religion (non-philosophical discussions) Philosophy of Language Philosophy of Science- Science Philosophy of Politics and Law- Politics Social Sciences Philosophy of the Arts Debates- Debate Discussion Guest Speakers- Graham Priest- David Chalmers- John Searle Casual Philosophyesque Discussions Unmoderated Community / Off Topic- The Green Room-- Moved Threads Feedback- The Dumpster Moderators- Reports- Contact Form
Go ►Stack Overflow is a question and answer site for professional and enthusiast programmers. It's 100% free, no registration required.
I have two arrays containing the same elements, but in different orders, and I want to know the extent to which their orders differ.
The method I tried, didn't work. it was as follows:
For each list I built a matrix which recorded for each pair of elements whether they were above or below each other in the list. I then calculated a pearson correlation coefficient of these two matrices. This worked extremely badly. Here's a trivial example:
The method I described above produced matrices like this (where 1 means the row number is higher than the column, and 0 vice-versa):
Since the only difference is the order of elements 2 and 3, these should be deemed to be very similar. The Pearson Correlation Coefficient for those two matrices is 0, suggesting they are not correlated at all. I guess the problem is that what I'm looking for is not really a correlation coefficient, but some other kind of similarity measure. Edit distance, perhaps?
Can anyone suggest anything better?
user212218
11.5k186086
Mean square of differences of indices of each element.
List 1: A B C D E
List 2: A D C B E
Indices of each element of List 1 in List 2 (zero based)
Indices of each element of List 1 in List 1 (zero based)
Differences:
0 -2 0 2 0
Square of differences:
Average differentness = 8 / 5.
10.5k64583
You might consider how many changes it takes to transform one string into another (which I guess it was you were getting at when you mentioned edit distance).
Although I don't think l-distance takes into account rotation. If you allow rotation as an operation then:
1, 2, 3, 4
2, 3, 4, 1
Are pretty similar.
10.6k114265
Just an idea, but is there any mileage in adapting a standard sort algorithm to count the number of swap operations needed to transform list1 into list2?
I think that defining the compare function may be difficult though (perhaps even just as difficult as the original problem!), and this may be inefficient.
edit: thinking about this a bit more, the compare function would essentially be defined by the target list itself. So for example if list 2 is:
...then the compare function should result in 1 & 4 & 6 & 5 & 3 (and return equality where entries are equal).
Then the swap function just needs to be extended to count the swap operations.
A bit late for the party here, but just for the record, I think Ben almost had it... if you'd looked further into correlation coefficients, I think you'd have found that Spearman's rank correlation coefficient might have been the way to go.
Interestingly, jamesh seems to have derived a similar measure, but not normalized.
See this .
There is a branch-and-bound algorithm that should work for any set of operators you like. It may not be real fast. The pseudocode goes something like this:
bool bounded_recursive_compare_routine(int* a, int* b, int level, int bound){
if (level & bound)
// if at end of a and b, return true
// apply rule 0, like no-change
if (*a == *b){
bounded_recursive_compare_routine(a+1, b+1, level+0, bound);
// if it returns true,
// if can apply rule 1, like rotation, to b, try that and recur
bounded_recursive_compare_routine(a+1, b+1, level+cost_of_rotation, bound);
// if it returns true,
int get_minimum_cost(int* a, int* b){
for (bound=0; ; bound++){
if (bounded_recursive_compare_routine(a, b, 0, bound))
The time it takes is roughly exponential in the answer, because it is dominated by the last bound that works.
Added: This can be extended to find the nearest-matching string stored in a trie. I did that years ago in a spelling-correction algorithm.
27.8k75383
I'm not sure exactly what formula it uses under the hood, but difflib.SequenceMatcher.ratio() does exactly this:
ratio(self) method of difflib.SequenceMatcher instance:
Return a measure of the sequences' similarity (float in [0,1]).
Code example:
from difflib import SequenceMatcher
sm = SequenceMatcher(None, '1234', '1324')
print sm.ratio()
Another approach that is based on a little bit of
is to count the number of inversions to convert one of the arrays into the other one. An inversion is the exchange of two neighboring array elements. In ruby it is done like this:
# extend class array by new method
class Array
def dist(other)
raise 'can calculate distance only to array with same length' if length != other.length
# initialize count of inversions to 0
# loop over all pairs of indices i, j with i&j
length.times do |i|
(i+1).upto(length) do |j|
# increase count if i-th and j-th element have different order
count += 1 if (self[i] &=& self[j]) != (other[i] &=& other[j])
return count
l1 = [1, 2, 3, 4]
l2 = [1, 3, 2, 4]
# try an example (prints 1)
puts l1.dist(l2)
The distance between two arrays of length n can be between 0 (they are the same) and n*(n+1)/2 (reversing the first array one gets the second). If you prefer to have distances always between 0 and 1 to be able to compare distances of pairs of arrays of different length, just divide by n*(n+1)/2.
A disadvantage of this algorithms is it running time of n^2. It also assumes that the arrays don't have double entries, but it could be adapted.
A remark about the code line "count += 1 if ...": the count is increased only if either the i-th element of the first list is smaller than its j-th element and the i-th element of the second list is bigger than its j-th element or vice versa (meaning that the i-th element of the first list is bigger than its j-th element and the i-th element of the second list is smaller than its j-th element). In short: (l1[i] & l1[j] and l2[i] > l2[j]) or (l1[i] > l1[j] and l2[i] & l2[j])
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
By posting your answer, you agree to the
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
Top questions and answers
Important announcements
Unanswered questions
By subscribing, you agree to the
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled}

我要回帖