female 25- 25+
male 25- 25+
I have it:&336
I had it:&53
I want it:&376
My signature:&6
main accords
white floral
Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermes is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Le Jardin de Monsieur Li was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is . The fragrance features kumquat, jasmine and mint.
Perfume rating:
3.94 out of
554 votes.
Fragrance Notes
Main Notes According to Your Votes
User votes
long lasting
very long lasting
User votes
This perfume reminds me of &
Le Jardin de Monsieur Li Fragrance Reviews
Peachysugarbuns
Un Jardin de Monsieur Li is a watery fragrance to my nose. It is cool, like water t it is uplifting, with citrus peel and misty, delicate greenery present. This fragrance is a beautiful creation, quiet and artistic, and it seems Jean-Claude Ellena wanted to exit into retirement on a humble, wistful note.
Un Jardin de Monsieur Li closely
it lasts one hour on me and does not project. Had I not known this was Ellena's last creation I would have thought Christine Nagel had already stepped in to replace him and created Monsieur Li in the style of her Jo Malone scents - interesting at first, but quickly fading to a thin nothing. The Jo Malones are overpriced disappointments. I hope she is given creative license while with Hermes, and can form a solid signature with them.
While Un Jardin de Monsieur Li is an imagination-sparking scent and truly pleasant, my oily skin overcomes this fragrance before I can enjoy it. Not for me, but would be lovely on others. I'll miss Jean-Claude Ellena - we all will.
Simple compositions always work better, they say. I'm not a fan of ?llena at all yet I don't judge biased against his exquisite talent in transparent compositions but Monsieur Li keeps me one step back and I linger cause the fragrance dangles between uncertain different airs: citrus green, soapy floral and mentholated aromatic.
A citrus (not merely kumquat) top with juicy creamy smell is sufficiently tempting, despite that, an inferior layer of anonymous jasmine with no power to seduce comes in beside sort of frosty mentholated woody freshness that comes from bamboo.
Le Jardin de Monsieur Li has strong longevity and great feedback an impact (since it's a simple scented water) but inferior in structure. Seriously I expected much better composition from one whom called monk of perfumery.
???? ??????? ??? ?? ?????? ????? ????? ??????? ?????? ???? ?? ????. ?? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ????? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ? ??????? ?? ?????? ?????? ?? ????? ???? ? ???. ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ?? ?? ?? ??? ?? ??? ?????????? ? ???? ???? ?? ????? ???? ???? ??? ??? ??? ?????? ????? ?????? ? ????? ?? ???? ????: ???????? ???? ??????? ????? ? ?????? ? ????????
???? ??????? (??? ??????? ???? ??? ??? ???) ?? ????? ??? ? ???? ????? ??? ?? ?? ?????? ???? ?????? ???? ????? ??????? ????? ? ???? ???? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ??? ???? ?? ?? ??? ? ???? ??? ? ??? ????? ?? ??????? ????? ???? ???? ? ?? ????? ??? ???? ?????? ? ???? ?? ?? ????? ???? (??? ???? ???? ????)
?? ???? ?? ????? ?? ???????? ???? ???? ???? ? ?????????? ???? ???? ????? (??????? ?? ???? ????? ???? ?? ???? ??????????) ??? ?? ??? ?????? ? ????? ??? ???? ????? ????? ?????. ????? ?? ??? ?? ??? ????? ??????? ??? ???? ?????? ???? ?????? ?????
The popularity of this series is perplexing.
The fragrance is so light, with almost no longevity.
I get the concept of a watercolor, but this is almost a non-existent scent, just like the other four.
Watery citrus and maybe a hint of bamboo, but no mint. Disappointed--not worth anywhere near the price.
scentedrat
i don't like this one much. To me, it doesn't match its description at all, and doesn't seem meditative, soft, or anything garden-like. It is strong and sharp at first, with a citrus tang that doesn't really smell like fruit. It was not sweet on me. As it dries down it mellows out, but still retains a sharp, very unisex or masculine tone. I was hoping for more of a nature type scent, but this is very perfumey.
I washed it off after awhile. Something in it just didn't agree with my nose.
Smells_like_Cake
Beautiful citrus with a hint of flowers and pure as springwater. Imagine the smell of stones in a river as clear as glass...gorgeous fragrance, man or woman, there is no distinction in beauty.
Lovely, fruity, not too fresh, gentle. Probably more on the feminine side, but I just enjoy it so much. Radiates with surprising strength, and lasts pretty good, too. The same goes for other perfumes in the Jardin line. If you want something more masculine, Mediterranee would be better for guys.
perfume_infatuated
I guess the listed notes are partially inaccurate, as the mentioned "mint" note should be replaced with "green/ grassy" notes of plum trees and bamboo trees. There's also a missing "aquatic/ watery" note that should be added.
Anyhow, this is elegant and tranquil.
freewheelingvagabond
Opens with a citrus floral accord with a hint of freshness. The citrus is supposedly kumquat. The jasmi the mint (listed as a note) is hard to spot.
The opening is mildly pleasant, but it goes downhill quickly as it starts to smell like a laundry detergent. The fragrance soon turns sweet on skin, which subsides a bit towards the dry down. One smells mostly a mish mash - some musk with sweet florals. It exhibits average tenacity on skin.
In fact, once past the top notes, this would be very much at home in my neighbourhood laundromat with its musky-woody accord.
One can expect such things from drugstore knockoffs of modern fruity-floral designer aquatics marketed to women. The Hermès logo, packaging and pricecomes as a shocker.
I personally see no reason at all to wear this, or recommend it to anyone. Perhaps its only saving grace (read: unique selling proposition) is that it smells 'different' from the host of other designer masculine fragrances out there.
However, its utter mediocrity is revealed the moment one starts to explore the fresh floral fragrances marketed to women.
1.5/5 (negative)
At last I found a love in jardin family
I usually don't care much about uni fragrances but this one is love from first sniff,very simple but also high quality,it is gentle,peaceful,delicate and as soft as a silky scarf
Most dominant note on me is kumquat,but it doesn't start sour,sharp and zest like most citrus dominated fragrances,kumquat has the fresh citrus vibe but is also soft and sweet and bitter,jasmin is not harsh and powerful,it just provides a creamy bright white floral vibe,and there is just a slight touch of mint,to make the scent fresh,cool and a bit green
Monsieur is a kind of scent that makes me calm and happy,it touches my soul with it's soft and kind fingers,it is refreshing,alluring,relaxing and cheerful,very bright,delicately creamy and heavenly gorgeous
Thanks hermes for such a sexless,timeless beauty
I need a full bottle right now and I know I will use it often and daily during sunny spring and summer days
First impression is a hit of strong citrus smell followed by jasmine. This fragrance is pretty airy.
nazrul.kun
"Fresh and light... a peaceful a tropical morning with a glass of mint-flavoured citrus mocktail by the sea."
Monsieur Li is the latest addition to Hermès' Jardin collection. The collection is specially created f light, cool and shower-fresh, they are indeed best for tropical hot climates.
The main notes for Monsieur Li are jasmine, mint and kumquat, a citrus fruit predominantly found in Asia. Upon spraying on my skin, the main notes are obvious and there hardly seems to be any note pyramid even after some time. There are some interesting characteristics for each note: although jasmine is indolic, I don't find any trace of indole on my skin. Mint, which tends to be sugary, is more soothing and cooling on my skin. Kumquat, a note I'm not very familiar with, is sweet and light... like a cross between lemons and tomatoes.
Performance wise, it's hardly impressive. Although it is an Eau De Toilette, since it's meant to be used and enjoyed in the summer, I expect my summer fragrances to last longer to withstand the heat and humidity. It works on my skin for several hours but gradually dissipates after that. What I would do to make the scent linger a little longer is to spray a little on my clothes, because perfumes last longer on drier surfaces. In a tropical climate where I would definitely sweat the moment I am outdoors, I find that this helps in prolonging Monsieur Li's longevity.
Some perfume enthusiasts and Hermès fans have criticised that Monsieur Li is the most disappointing fragrance in the Jardin line. It' Jean-Claude Ellena's earlier creations in the line are indeed quirkier and have better distinctions. Monsieur Li as a fragrance is rather pedestrian and thus forgettable.
Even so, Monsieur Li is very wearable for those living in tropical climates. I would also recommend it for those who want something very simple and refreshing without having to break the bank.
I have a sample. Card reads: "An evocation of vegetable jasmin, kumquat and sap". Sap, not mint.
I'm sorry, I just can't get the tenderness and gentleness in this one...All I get is sharp, loud neon green "noise" standing beside me instead of being on me.
Unlike the other jardins I don't get the genius either.
Truly unisex though.
??? ?????? ???? ??????? ????????.. ???? ????...????? ???? ..?????? ???? ?????
..?????? ??? ???? ?????? ????? .. ??? ??? ?????
The scent is sweet, subtle, clean, it doesn't need to try so hard to make a statement, effortlessly beautiful. And it survives my sweaty activity. This is the scent i've been looking for, this is it. I'm going full bottle of it, Le Jardin De Monsieur Li.
Has a lovely soft pith-y note, as if you squeezed the skin of a fresh kumquat to
release the natural oils into the air. This is simple and delicious.
I love it! Why?....because it feels gentle. Soft.
This is a beautiful tender, gentle perfume that is very peaceful.
I love the qualities that this perfume invokes.
Calm, peaceful, gentle, kind, happy, care-free.
For me this perfume is meditative.
Another fine, high-quality offering from Hermés. I don't understand the unisex classification, as it is definitely feminine. It's very elegantly composed and develops nicely. Very smooth and more subtle as it appears at first sniff. Although it has nothing new to offer, it's ideally suited for oncoming spring.
Una ventata di agrumi, menta e gelsomino. Ricorda la primavera, l'estate, insomma il sole caldo e il paesaggio rigoglioso. Un profumo capace di infondere buon umore. Lo adoro. Scia intensa e longeva..
This perfume is just wonderful, calming and "Zen-inducing" like someone already said. Exotic citrus of kumquat, non-indolic white flowers and fine mint. It is for lovers of mindpeace while taking long walks in the nature.
If you like monster sillage of vanilla sweet, aldehydic flowerbombs, heavy spicy or
fruitchouli stuff don't bother to try this!
This one is all about aroma therapy and not about shaking everybody's nose out of their face and turning heads after you.
monsieur_neroli
Whooo hooo !!!! I actually had the impression that the Jardins line would stop, and all of a sudden, I see a new fragrance added ! That was months ago.
I had to rush to the closest mall to smell this. Well, I wasn't disappointed. The most harmonious, balanced and toned fragrance along the Un Jardin Sur Le Nil. The impression I get ? Perfection of a small powerhouse.
Imagine being in a minimal japanese garden with hot stones steaming and being submerged simultaneously in a blend of jasmine essential oil and hot water. And then at the same time, smelling the sharp citrusy, exotic kumquats and the mint, which is not offensive, but rather fresh and green and a bit flat, not chemical at all like a chewing gum, or a mouthwash. While this intended to evoke impressions of Chinese gardens, I actually get a more Japanese, minimal and refined feeling. After all, jasmine, is not Chinese, but quintessentially Japanese !
I love it to bits ! It gets 10/10 for giving a refined impression with a really good longevity but nonetheles a moderate projection.
It's my first fragrance in Hermès category. I found other Hermes scents rather sharp for my liking. It's a good and expensive brand but was just not for me until I found Jardin de monsieur LI.
There are only 3 notes and all of them are well detectable. The citrusy note is rather strong and refreshing but not sharp. It is softened by creamy jasmine flower and aromatic aura is amplified by green mint. Mr Ellena could perfectly transpose the real greenish Japanese garden scent into this EDT. I'm impressed by this good quality the perfume disposes and extremely natural smell. It lasts all the day long more than 12h with the same strength and a small quantity is enough. The quality/price ratio is very good here. It's easy to like it without additional efforts, without trying other environments, another wether, another season... It's the best in Jardin line. I hope it will be forever in sales.
Très charmant et subtil!
abderrahim
C'est un parfum spécial. It smells very fresh and. Lean and reminds me the beautiful sunny day in Spring or Summer. Well done Mr. Ellena.
Justapoliteguy
Quiet masterpiece. If you are after the inner satisfaction and being wrapped in aura of calm this is the one for you. Sunny morning, not necessarily only warmer morning.
Suprisingly complex when having in mind simplicity of the construction.
Not a screaming compliment getter but the one that speaks only to your innerself.
Office safe too.
Just tried out this fragrance today. It smells heavenly on me -
a bit citrusy at first then dried down to very white sweet floral notes. Normally, I did not fond of sweet/green fragrance, but this one grows really well on me as I am live in tropical climate like Thailand. I definately would be my next purchase.
jbsbluebird
This is a very nice floral, sweet citrus fragrance with some mint or green notes hiding in the background. Someone below has mentioned honey and it does have a honeyed aspect to the whole thing. I do love the smell of jasmine and it is a prominent feature here. Unfortunately, I do not know what a kumquat smells like, so I can't compare nor can I provide much incite on that aspect. I can say I've had it for two days and on my first full day of wearing, I received a complement from a cashier that said "Ohhh, you smell really good", and I would agree with that statement.
Pure happiness.sun after rain .early spring . definitely will buy it .
Yeah it's shower fresh ,yeah it simple and flowery.
And it's perfectly good:) .
When I smell it first time I thought about movie "monsoon wedding"
It just pop up a).
Sa di buono, di fresco e di pulito.
Si sentono gli agrumi, ma senza per questo virare su una nota acida.
Peccato duri molto poco, ma in fin dei conti è un edt.
TrailerTrashPrincess
in the very late 90s, Coty had a perfume, briefly, called April Fields.
this is exactly that, all over again.
(not Vanilla Fields, April Fields. different scents!)
subtle, fairly fresh, very green, office-safe (when used sparingly!).
at Coty's $15 range prices, this was a fairly nice scent but at Hermes pricing, i'll finish the samples i've got but never look for more.
Scent is familiar everywhere in the house. Handwash...Shampoo..Reminds me fresh out of shower.Not surprising that it only consists of three notes, this fragrance smells simple, classy and clean.
Very nice scent nonetheless, but not worth the rtp Hermes is asking for.
I got it for a steal though, and i enjoy it! Now i wished i had a garden like Mr Li!
This perfume is a riddle.
It is a nice fresh scent.
yes it opens in a citric way but not in that typical Italian way. That is due to the Kumquat with its more sweet-sourly deep scent that is so prominent as taste in the Chinese kitchen. It starts very fresh and tends to mix with the mint in the middle and ends
with that jasmine aroma, that is and florally, sweet and green all in the same time.
Yes I understand what is meant with the title of the perfume. It is a mix of citric, floral and green tones that mix up in an aromatic scent that reminds us of a Chinese garden with the typical flowers like Jasmine and herbs that accommodates
It is a typical perfume that gives freshness and also some protection.
It is simple and yet it is mysterious.
I'm astonished how long it lasts. It is
a perfume that is suitable for moderate use and weather.
Its just a boring, watered down, citrus. A big miss for me.
This fragrance is my childhood in a bottle.
When I was growing up we had a large – very large - kumquat tree in the backyard, and jasmine along a side fence.
I spent a lot of time in the garden, so the smell of kumquats – which is distinctive - is very familiar to me.
I feel the kumquat is the hero in this fragrance – the mild sweetness comes from the peel, and the mint along with the kumquat contributes to the zippy greenness.
The jasmine - which is indeed a whisper, and not indolic - rounds out the scent beautifully.
This is not a ‘scent of the night’ fragrance I would wear to a formal event, but it’s perfect for hot weather.
This scent is refreshing, a little green and sweet ... it’s calming ... it’s a ‘happy’ scent.
I find myself reaching for it both at the beginning or end of the day.
Longevity is pretty good for an EDT – many hours.
I get plenty of gentle reminders during the day that the scent is still with me because of the heat, or wind (when I’m outdoors).
*** I’m a non-smoker and own a full bottle of this fragrance.
This is my favourite in this line.
ellina1984
LJDML is simple but not simplistic. Three notes does seem like too little, yet this works in a miraculous way.
Kumquat is not what would come to mind, but the top of this scent makes me think of mandarin rinds, aromatic and bitterish. However, the citrus is not zappy. It's not the smell you get when you tear open the peel of the fruit and your nostrils are filled with this sense-awakening, sparkling aroma. It is subdued. Maybe if you left the citrus peels on the table, then walked in after a few hours, you'd get a smell close to the top of this perfume.
The heart is beautiful. Jasmine and a whisper of the citrus. The jasmine is done in the way that gardenia is done in La Panthere. It's not fleshy or intense. Rather, is is jasmine petals blowing in the breeze. Like an expensive and luxurious cosmetic product.
Mint is only detectable if I think about it and inhale deeply. Maybe a certain freshness comes from it.
Many people as associating this to a certain "zen" feeling. I do agree. There are no angles in this, no peaks, no hard forms. This feels like an evergreen valley, without intense colours. A feeling of permanent calm.
This seems appropriate for warm or hot weather. In the cold, I feel it would vanish, as it's so ethereal and well-spoken.
I will definitely be buying this for the summer months.
Mindfulness in a bottle
A uni-dimensional dry smell with clean character, without being soapy.
It is not a simplistic or boring smell but actually elemental. More like a meditation on Zen principles. Focus on one element to create clarity to see the rest of life's complexity.
In that way it is a centering smell
in my case it means that from time to time during the day I return back to it, to ground myself among the multitude of sensations I experience in a busy urban environment. In that way it has a balancing, grounding effect that allows me to notice everything else around me.
This is not the average commercial smell but an artistic creation that speaks beyond the sum of its parts.
As a picture: to me it smells like a well kept garden in autumn that has given up all its flowers and fruits over the summer
giving up its last wave of smells
from its dry leaves before winter comes in.
I think the day Ellena will stop creating perfumes I will cry as if I have lost a loved one! Please keep creating.
All the notes are well mixed. The mint does not represent the chewing gum quality(as you may thought), rather, only gave the composition a sharp greenness that makes it suitable for all day wear, and easy to pull whenever I feel tired.
This is a very unique and special perfume that not many people are aware. It starts with a fresh citrus smell and turns into smoky, powdery and kind creamy smell in an hr. longevity is quite good on me specially on cloths +24hrs. Definately must have. Only don't judge it at first hlf hr., and wait a little for the mutation.
tinyhedgehog
Oddly enough, on my skin, the kumquat turned extremely creamy, while still retaining the perfect amount of bitterness. This is not a gourmand though, the creaminess is not foody at all, it's more the kind of rondeur the coconut brings to Philosykos, for example. I still have no idea where this could come from, it's probably entirely due to my body chemistry. I got no mint and only a little bit of jasmine that is indeed very aquatic, you can almost feel the rain on the leaves of the garden. If you usually like Hermès, you will probably like this as well. My favourite perfume in the whole Jardin family.
romansandals
Light, refreshing, subtle and classy... creates more of an aura than an aroma.
It is hard not to smile when smelling this Hermes on my wrist.
Colin Maillard
This latest addition to the unnecessarily populated “Jardin” series is probably the blandest of them all for me, and surely the others weren’t that great either. It smells decent, so it isn’t at least a stinker as Un jardin aprè but a really mediocre, almost pedestrian rendition of decency. It’s basically a pale, transparent, sharp Iso E-infused green-fruity thingy with a nondescript whiff of white flowers on a clean, completely dull light woody base. Now, the problem for me is that it smells as much thin, clean and graceful as openly, shamelessly cheap. It’s nearly the same standardized smell of any floral-green softener mixed with a generic drugstore room spray scented with jasmine and citrus notes. It tries to play some sort of green-fresh Oriental “minimalistic” card, but the result is pretty depressing. This isn’t sophisticated, it’s just light, generic and dull. Completely inexpressive. There’s no interest, no depth, no evolution, no sparkles of “life” in here for me, just an aseptic, mediocre flatness which clumsily tries to evoke some sort of clean, bright elegance. Almost a parody of Hermès clichés. The issue with this house and Ellena’s immense talent - and the reason why I find this scent particularly disappointing - is that they set such high levels of excellence, they can’t really try to troll us with this stuff.
woodlandwalk
This is prettier than the other Le Jardin series by JCE.
It seems to wear a little smile, there's a touch of delicate sunshine. The kumquat is more pleasant, to me anyway, than the familiar grapefruit or more sour/bitter fruity notes in for example Sur Le Toit and Sur le Nil, or Kelly Caleche EDT as well, which I do like for it's hay and leather notes alongside refreshing grapefruit.
This is relaxed in feel, the jasmine is slightly warm and subtle, like newly opened blossoms, not at all indolic. The kumquat is convincing but not in your face.
I detect a fresh leafiness, but it's definitely not an obvious mint and like all of Jean Claude Elena's recent perfumes this is transparent with a capital 'T'.
I love Japanese Ukiyo E prints from the last century, particularly the landscapes with their translucent washes, watery suns and reflections. Imagine a faded Ukiyo E showing yellow morning sun on a little bay where the waves lap gently, you can just see Monsieur Li tending to his jasmine, he has all the time in the world.
Easy on the nose, very classy in a low key minimalist way, and light. I know a few men and women who'd really enjoy this for daytime summer occasions, and so would I, but it wouldn't be a winner for anyone looking for a perfume with oomph and sex appeal, obviously!
I'm wearing this on one wrist and Knot Eau Florale on the other, both are light floral transparent-style perfumes, but Monsieur Li is far more natural and charming.
Sillage and longevity light. Perfect for summer.
I was very excited when I found out about Le Jardin de Monsieur Li, because I've fallen in love with three of the other Jardins and I couldn't wait to try the version inspired by a Chinese garden.
At first, I have to admit, I was taken aback by how different this is from the other ones, and how simple - unlike them, Mr Li's garden is not a lush, green one with lots and lots going on, but "just" a simple jasmine garden with some kumquat trees.
Once I stopped comparing I started to appreciate it on its own merits, though: simple isn't a bad thing if it's not boring, and this one definitely isn't. It's quite a comfortable, rather elegant light scent, clean without being too obvious about it. Very subtle, and for being so light it lasts surprisingly well - a lot longer than its closest neighbour garden Un Jardin Sur Le Nil anyway. The best thing is, it keeps getting better as time goes by. After a couple of hours, I'm convinced that given a bit more time, I could fall in love with this one as well.
I think this one is for summer only: it needs the warmth of the sun to bloom properly. I'll just have to get a bigger amount for the summer of 2016.
Chris v.V.
Love, love, love it!
I need to own a bottle now!
For me, Monsieur Li bears a strong resemblance -- on first spray -- to Sur Le Nil (which I own and adore).
Signature Ellena: bracing citrus, well-blended floral...and something "peppery".
Where it differs from Sur Le Nil is that the citrus (in this case kumquat) settles into a barely-there fruity sweetness, and it lasts a bit longer on my skin.
On my wish list!
A touch of Zen...
This is such a welcome one. This is of course the last in the jardin or "garden" series done by master perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena. I find this one quite different to the two others I have tried from this line, namely Un Jardin sur le Nil and Un Jardin sur le Toit.
With Le Jardin de Monsieur Li I think Ellena sets a different tone. This is not as bright, sharp, or as sweet as the others. This is more like a garden near an old Chinese temple, with a lake with lotus and water lilly, the dark green water overgrown with plants and vegetation, the tall dark green reeds and bamboo shoots surrounding it. This is almost like a haunted garden. Full of ghosts and spirits and memories...
There are things I really love here. There is jasmine, a note which I love in all forms. The jasmine here is in full bloom, and with a rich aroma. There is just the right level of greenness here, which to me is like the water lilies and bamboo... almost like a green plant like note. There is just the right tart bitter-sweet edge which is provided by the kumquat. There are quite a few factors here which come together to give an overall impression of plant life next to water. This is definitely a garden with a lake, or still water.
Personally I like it, just as I like all things Chinese, especially garden design and nature. This fragrance is an example of something different. In my opinion this is like autumn in a bottle. It's not "bright" enough to remind me of spring and early summer, in the way that sur le Toit and sur le Nil did. For me, this is like very late summer and the autumn period, when the heat gets down and the leaves start to wilt. As always with Jean-Claude Ellena, this is a fascinating experience. I find it so intriguing I think I will make this one of my signature scents! I keep discovering more facets to it the more I wear it.
Overall, I think before trying this one just remember that it is different to the bright, sheer examples of the other jardin line fragrances. It has a different, more sombre tone. If the others were happy and bright this is almost sad and contemplative. A "thinking" fragrance for sure. Worth seeking out for something different.
This is easily the best "Jardin" fragrance and the most compelling performance wise for me.
It has an incredible staying power compared to others and a good projection for an EDT. Jasmine is the main note for me refreshed by some citrus. The result is a very uplifting fragrance that won't leave you disappointed. However, you have to be a white floral fan to really appreciate this slightly powdery gem.
I wore this fragrance to a class tonight, it was 90 degrees outside and this performed
perfectly. Very refreshing and clean smelling.
This is definitely Jardin Sur Le Nil Lite. Lighter, but smelling it for the first time I thought it ultimately exquisite. I had to get used to the sharpness of Le Nil, but Jardin de M. Li brought me to instant Zen!
Bought the EdT, and thinking of getting the shower gel too.
I had hopes that it would be like Bvlgari Mon Jasmine Noir. I sprayed it and didn't get anything too interesting or weird. I didn't get much of anything honestly. Just an alcoholic citrus fabric softener. Its nice, but nice in the way the Clean line by clean is. All the fragrances smell nice but not "wow what is that!" Monsieur Li has the notes but not the character. Maybe my nose is just immune to what everyone else is smelling.
I'm in love. Received this as a sample and quickly purchased the full-size. Despite the notes listed here, I get something a bit different. The first note for me is a sharp spicy citrus-anise, which settles down into a mossy, stony musk. I have not seen anyone describe a musk in the dry-down, but for me its there, faint, earthy and alive- not just plants and wet stones here. Definitely unisex but gentle in a way that to me is feminine. It is elegant, has restraint, and ends up being a bit of a sniffer. It smells dark, not happy, and yet still sparkles. To me the packaging and color concept is perfect- greyscale packaging and mossy yellow juice. The dry-down makes me imagine a cool shady babbling brook with dark stony pools of clear water that might belong to a dark-haired siren. In my mind this is more "Le Jardin de Lorelei". I can't ask for much more from an EDT than to be transported to some kind of abstract fairytale scenario. How very cool. As I said this becomes somewhat of a skin-scent, so I usually spray into my hair and it seems to improve its longevity.
I got handed one of those little paper samples in the mall and I was quite smitten with the aroma. Unlike most people here, I didn't have any expectations so maybe that also plays a factor. On the paper it was a clean, pleasant fragrance, very zen (or chan if we have to go with the Chinese theme) and liberating. I don't think that fragrances need to be complex to be good, in this case the simplicity worked well. I can't really think of anything else quite like it, to be honest. And the longer it stayed, the better it got. I was impressed.
The next time I visited I sprayed it on my skin... and here my story gets sad. I had terrible chemistry with it. First, I got an overpowering green smell (mint, I guess) mixed with citrus,
and it was a strong citrus rind smell, almost bitter. For the next 15 minutes it somehow grew to be citrus rind mixed with sweet vanilla. No idea where the vanilla came from but I assure you, it was horrible. After those 15 (or even 20) minutes, the fragrance turned to what I smelled on the paper. Now, after several hours, I can't stop smelling my hand but I just can't get over those 15 minutes of hell. Just in case, I sprayed the perfume on those little papers and the fragrance never went through that offensive citrus rind with sweet vanilla stage. I am so sad it didn't work out for me but hopefully others won't have that experience.
ChanelSwimmer
I agree this has a "fresh laundry" vibe, but is that a bad thing?
It's great for a light, subtle, citrus/jasmine refresher and thankfully doesn't have any cloying musk or sweet rose tones that make the other Jardins unwearable for me.
I'm one of those people who can't leave the house without a spritz of scent and this one will definitely be added to my "everyday" arsenal.
TimeIsLikeABrokenWatch
This scent was not unpleasant, but not for me. I will say, it is the most balanced unisex fragrance I I don't feel that it leaned too feminine or too masculine, but was truly neutral.
However, the scent itself smelled like laundry detergent to me, like clothes still warm and fresh out of the dryer. It's fresh and clean and cozy. I could go into picking apart the notes I could detect (very tart citrus, a bit of
probably the mint) but I think the most accurate description I could give really is to compare it to the smell of laundry detergent. Not displeasing, but it's just not what I'm after in a personal fragrance. If it weren't so literal an interpretation of fresh laundry to my nose, I'd probably give it a second chance. I will say, if I had been gifted this, I'd love using it on my linens and around the home, but I don't think it's unique enough to warrant purchasing it just for that purpose.
If you are looking for a bright, fresh, clean smelling scent, this may be a winner for you.
johngreenink
I sampled this latest in the Jardin series a few weeks ago. I must admit that the story and the beautiful bottle were very intriguing and I was hoping for something fascinating. I also had very high hopes for the smell of kumquats in this scent, since kumquat skins have a very intense citrus aroma.
But the first spray was very astringent and sour. I waited a bit to see how it developed, but it didn't change very much from this first impression. I can definitely see how some people would really like this scent - it is appealing in the very non-sweet citrus category. But it is distinctly sour and biting.
siririschmoos
Arggghhh! Decisions, decisions!
Do I like this, sorta like this or sorta not like?
Right after initial application I'm thinking, "STAID", also it seems very neutral.
I'm guessing kumquat can also pass for orange, that's what I get orange and slight jasmine in the background.
I've seen reviews calling this feminine, others say masculine, well I'm going for the middle ground.....Unisex.
Not bright and shiny but sorta muted. This is not going to turn heads or make a big impression.
The other Hermes Jardin scents might be a better investment.
This is a fresh and clean scent, so fresh and clean that it reminds me more of a dryer sheet than a high end fragrence.
It's comforting and green, with a touch of shimmering citrus and a splash of green mint.
It's nice, but not worth the price.
GoodVibrations
This fragrance transcends the notes listed here. And guess what. No cumin!! Not that the Jardins ever had any. This is a very unisex Jardin that leans masculine to round out the series. The most natural and non-fruity of the Jardins line. It's subtle and it gives the impression of an abstract garden with bamboo and other greens from a peaceful, serene haven. It has great longevity, as in into the next day. A natural scent that adds some lasting zen.
miss honeysuckle
My mysterious garden!
Starts fruity and fresh.
Kumquat is refreshing and exotic.
After enjoying this fine fruit-juice I go into the garden and smell jasmine at its best - floral, amazing and charming.
The fine mint-note refreshes like a cool drink.
A fine perfume for hot summer days, mysterious, exotic, wonderful.
After smelling it for the first time, I have been sure - this is my lovely summer garden to relax!
MademoiselleMaya
Awful, faint, masculine citrusy scent that dries down to lemony detergent scent. The worst and most masculine of all Jardins. It smells pretty for the first 15 minutes and then turns into disaster. It has low projection and longevity - which is ok for such a scrubber.
The best one from the jardins? collection!!! this is a happy, sunny mixture of White flowers and citrus...it?s etereal, pleaant, fresh, noble, very decent and it lasts all day!
I tested yesterday and I?m in love with it...my husband loved it too.
a very Special flowery-citrus scent!
Heavens, this is it, my perfect Jardin-line perfume. Though no doubt- they are all pieces of art, just that is the one for me. Simple quality luxury, treating me with silk gloves...
It doesn't feel any straight citrus. Instead it is a tranquille, silky, creamy, "crispy morning" kumquat-jasmine scent. And what doesn't appear to be mentioned here- there is a fine, meditative incense coming forward at the end. A very well balanced and high class fragrance. Lasts all day on me.
An aesthetic pleasure.
I brought home a few tester vials from Nordstrom because when I tried it in the store, I couldn't really develop a cohesive opinion.
To me, this is the most feminine of the Jardin line.
It starts out really nice with just enough non-flowery top notes, to make it gender neutral.
But then during the dry down, it becomes apparent that this has a female target demographic.
It's flowery and sweet, losing all of the top notes within a very short span of time.
Within an hour there is very little of anything left and by hour two, it's barley detectable even with my nose pressed into my wrist.
As with the entire Jardin line, it's light and airy, or simply dissipates at an alarming rate for even a Jardin.
I cannot recommend this to either sex, it just seems the least inspired of the line and almost smells as if it was rushed to market.
Hopefully the next one is better.
And more gender neutral.
Bluemarinejosephine
Hermes – “Le Jardin De Monsieur Li”
Monsieur Li has a very forgettable garden.
“Le Jardin De Monsieur Li” is one of those perfumes whose name is more poetic than its contents. It is not a bad scent but, it isn’t particularly interesting either. You have smelled this kind of fragrance many times.
It starts with an intense citrus opening and dries down to a hint of amber and musk.I do acknowledge that it feels like a very natural fragrance.
But, that’s it. That’s all there is to it.
I It is pointless.
It lasts about 2 hours on my wrist… 3 if I try really hard to detect it.
If the story I have read is correct, following a visit to China, Jean-Claude Ellena created this imaginary idea of a Chinese garden, that is designed as a retreat – a contemplative place for the visitor to take solace in and seek tranquility, and peace.
Chinese gardens are full or orchids, peonies, chrysanthemums, pear trees, pine trees, plum trees and bamboos… There is none of these notes in this fragrance (and if there is, it is very well hidden.)
Mr. Li’s garden in not the place where I would seek happiness or tranquility.
I also do not believe that the fragrance is worthy of its price tag.
I do not recommend it.
Enjoy the perfume quest.
Wonderful white floral for those who are not fans of this genre. The first notes are quite citrusy with this JC Ellena type of fresh. Then comes the white floral phase but with a tropical twist.
During all those phases I find it irresistible. The dry down is less impressive but still very beautiful.
kellybanana
Sometimes all we need is a surprise to brighten our day.
I was just eye-shopping at a perfume counter 2 days ago when I spotted a new member of the Hermes' Jardin series.
At the first sniff I thought it was just a summer scent with a funny name (Monsieur Li or Mr Li, a very common chinese last name lol).
Time flew and even after my shower that evening I could still enjoy monsieur li on my skin, but this time it was more interesting, without being flat like the top note. I also still have the paper tester with me (well the saleslady did both and I am now thank her for that lol) and there is still some very clean but lovely floral scent... i always love Mr Ellena's work and doubtlessly this Jardin baby is no exception at all.
I have been using Amouage these days but this time I have a big crush on Monsieur Li.
A more than perfect summer scent.
Update Dec 2015 Used the entire bottle by Summer's end. This was fantastic!! My go to to feel fresh and dressed. Will definitely repurchase.
Just got it. Fell in love at first sniff. Exactly what I was looking for as my entree to Spring 2015. Fresh, clean, floral, light, comforting and calm. As someone said it is a quiet fragrance, but has soft projection. Every time I inhale a whiff, I feel relaxed. Very pleased!
Spritz this on and indulge yourself with a hot mug of Mighty Leaf's Green Tea Tropical. Quite a refreshing and relaxing indulgence!
Nice scent , I feel violets :)
This just does not work on my skin at all.
I smell zero kumquat or citrus of any kind, definitely no jasmine, and I guess maybe some mint, but mostly it just smells like wet rocks.
Not that that's a bad smell, but it's certainly not what I was expecting based on the notes listed or the reviews.
Hey Everyone,
Clearly Hermes, clearly jardin-line(this line has really a great character and strong callsigns).
Green tea-leafy, citrus bitter fresh, mint icy fresh and and of course watery. A very pleasant scent, as well blend as a much more expensive perfume(thanks to JC Ellena), a thing the best blind buy of the jardin-series because you are going to like! It's not a masterpiece as sur d'Nile but is easier to wear, more fresh and refreshing and better for the humid-high temperature weather.
I really like this fragrance and I thing that Hermes has became one of the best Designer Houses, has a strong character and every perfume they make is to the point.
Quality:9 out of 10
Scent: 7 out of 10
Longivity: 7 out of 10(moderate)
Projection: 4 good hours then sticks to the skin for a while.
szilvihorv
It's unbelievable that there are only three notes in this perfume. I don't know how it's possible to realistically recreate the smell of a Chinese garden with only komquat, jasmine, and mint, but then Jean-Claude Ellena is a genius for a reson.
What creates this feeling is that none of these notes smell like what they're supposed to - what we're used to in most of the perfumes. Comquat is su like pressing my nose to the comquat still hanging from the tree. There's also the jasmine, but it's far from the heady, sweet, indolic one I admittedly love so much. Instead of the full flower I smell only petals falling into water. Not surprisingly, the mint doesn't really smell minty either. There's a definite woodiness in the drydown and a green, grass-like freshness that definitely isn't coming from anything citrus.
The overal impression of the fragrance is breathtaking. It smells like a dewy, green garden with a large, fragrant pond in the middle. There's dewy grass, bushes, bamboo, lotus leaves floating around, wet rocks, and trees. I've never thought it's possible to bottle the smell of such a garden. Not typically Chinese, but the smell strongly reminds me of the small lotus pond my grandmother used to have in her garden.
Longevity is positively surprising given how fleetingly light this fragrance is. It's been 10 hours since I sprayed it on and it still smells recognisable, still goes on. It's a very quiet fragrance though, a skin scent from beginning to end. Actually it's barely there upon first srpay, it's very dependent on heat: needs a few minutes to warm up to the skin. The hotter the environment the it smelled the strongest when I was sitting in the park under direct sunlight. It might be a put-off for some as it's much softer than the rest of the Les Jardin family.
Zesty slightly bitter citrus, very subtle floral which is not identifiable as jasmine in particular.
Very fresh
and subtle as is the style of Jean Claude Ellena. If this was blind sniffed I would have guessed Jour d'Hermes. The differences or balance of citrus to white florals are not detectable to me. I happen to be fond of JdH for summer. Can't see the need for this one as well. I've read reviews lauding this fragrance in the
context of waxing poetic over JCEs retirement from Hermes. It almost seems that the romance and nostalgia are creating a less objective critique of a nice but already too familiar composition.
this one reminds me Mon Jasmin noir L'eau exquise. Smells quite similar.
kumquat = pomelo
jasmine = jasmine
peppermint? = tea base.
there's tea scent in this perfume. the difference is a slight herbal note.
This smells like sunshine-scented dog shampoo to me. Not unpleasant, just not what I was hoping for.
magda14012
I have never found my favourite Hermes garden, as there have always been some buts. Some metallic notes, harsh spiciness or they became non existent after 1 hour.
This is the most feminine, in my opinion, light on citrus, with jasmin petals floating slowly on the garden pond. Beautiful like a lazy day, full of light, yet comforting, slow. I have fallen for him. However, the more I wear it the more I think it is actually Madame Li, not Monsieur I have fallen for. She is so subtle, watercoloured, out of this earth.
- What do you wear ?
-Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermes.
Sounds wonderful.
Go to Saks or Nordstrom and try it. Very light scent , no different from others Jardins . Slightly watered down for my nose.
The name is fantastic !
I went to the shop just to try this perfume I had heard about, just to understand the simplicity of this Chinese garden, but that was already enough. I gave my last money for 30 ml of this. And there comes why this happened...
When I sprayed it on my wrist, I went back in 1989 when I was a child. I was at hospital very far from home, I had pain after my leg surgery, I was already sick of that hospital food, it was raining or snowing all the time, I desired to go home, but I couldn't. And then one of nurses gave me that fruit. In 1989, Latvia was in the Soviet Union, there were no exotic fruits. You couldn't just like that walk in a shop and buy them. Even an orange was a miracle then. I held the fruit in my hands, smelled it, admired and couldn't believe how lucky I was. That was a kumquat. Then I started to peel, and I remember this aroma - fresh, a bit bitter, juicy and so uplifting. The scent of life, my ray of light in that awful place. And the opening of this perfume is exactly that aroma! I got tears in my eyes, those memories came back! The sales assistant even asked me if I was OK. Of course, I bought it. Gave all my money, for it's not just a perfume for me. Memories, the kindness of that nurse, those times.
The jasmine is present, pure, covered in rain drops. The mint adds some green vibe, makes the perfume more sparkling and fresh.
Fresh, slightly bitter, very realistic, uplifting and calming. Simple, but exquisite, very feminine, slightly shy. The aristocracy hidden in a sophisticated simplicity. A real reflection of the secret garden.
Arlene-Beatrix
Very nice, elegant scent, suitable for warm season. I really like it, however, wow factor is missing...
This is lovely, at first sniff a citrusy floral, I am puzzled it is described as unisex as it is quite feminine to my nose..I dont get the Monsieur Li name either on that one!!!
It is a sweet
floral , but quite light, longevity isn't outstanding...I kind of prefer it to Jardin sur
Le nil, it is less aromatic, less green...I would hesitate to buy it because of the citrusy vibe and because it isn't remarkably different either...but at a good price, I might get it, it is pleasantly summery, and elegant...
Since introduced to the jardin lines near three years ago I hadn't use any other scent, I use le toit for work, le nil for the wekeend and le mediterranee for the night. I just found out there was a
new jardin today, so I couldn't wait and got it. It hit me as too feminine on my first sniff, wondering if I'll give it to my
mom instead, but later it goes softer and is a nice scent I won't mind having in my skin for the rest of the day. So, tonight I'll try it and see how strangers react.
I love the un Jardin collection especially Sur le toit and Sur le nil so I was excited to see this on the shelf at Hermes boutique cause I had no idea there was another addition coming to the Un Jardin collection. At first spray it smelled really good and not so green as the others have that wet grass scent along with other notes like mango, pears, apples, ginger, cypress, fig leaf, river water, oranges and grapefruit.
During dry down it did have the wet grass scent coming along but the main notes protruding through was orange blossom flowers, jasmin flower and kumquat. kumquat for the citrus but the flowery notes although nice was too feminine for my taste. I only like that scent in a clean bright white home with a nice breeze coming through the windows with a nice view away from the cities chaos. But on my skin I wouldn't enjoy nor wear again. I will stick with Sur le nil for the feel of smoothness as wearing dripping water colors over citrus to wake up the senses and the subtleness of sweetness from mangos. And I will wear Sur le toit for the summer and summer nights for the feelings of walking along through a vegetal and light fruity garden after the rain has passed and the sun dries the wet grass and brightens your skin with cleanliness.
Im just getting into Mediterranee. At first it was way too green and grass was more prominent but I have appreciated it now since its probably the most masculine out of the whole collection. it smells like a gardener, a nature man and being soapy clean with natures rain
I tried a sample today. For
me it is very similar or something between Guerlain's Colors of Love and With Love however
a little more dull and heavier. Li smells nice that's all. I wouldn't recognise
this fragrance immediately from the crowd of many others without knowing in advance what is it. In general nothing special except of special price.
StellaDiverFlynn
The opening of Hermès Le Jardin de Monsieur Li does remind me of kumquat, with its piquant tartness of the heart, the green, aromatic yet slightly spicy peel and its luscious sweetness when the fruit is ripe. However, it feels more like a ghost of kumquat, as if the citrus fruit is washed with a lot of water, so much so that it almost loses more than a half of the intense characteristic tartness and sweetness of a real kumquat.
The choice of gauzy interpretation of kumquat does help to set the airy, fresh tone of the fragrance right from the opening, and avoids the citrus being stickily sweet. But at the same time, the kumquat sometimes loses its identity and the citrus aroma swings between kumquat and lime during the first hour, which makes the fragrance quite close to Cédrat Envirant at certain point.
As the citrus recedes, the fragrances becomes a slightly powdery green foral, which reminds me of the drydown of Un Jardin sur le Nil without the bitter undertone. I especially enjoy the subtle touch of mint: it's very abstract, like a cool breeze over the skin. The jasmine is very blurred, too, and feels more like lotus at first. It's only in the late drydown when it takes the lead with the soft musk.
The sillage is soft and the longevity is around 8 hours. I find Le Jardin de Monsieur Li consistent with Les Jardins series and general Hermès style in recent years, and its cool aura would make it a lovely fragrance for warmer weather. However, I don't find it very exciting, partly because it's a tranquil fragrance, but mostly because of its novelty being taken away by its similarity with other fragrances on my skin.
henri345que
Besides being extremely wearable, in line with the silky and minimalistic aestethic of the maison, there are some things really amusing on this perfume that finishes the Hermés Jardins saga and which also works as a baton pass between the oficcial perfumer, Jean Claude Ellena, and his substitute Christina Nagel.
The first amusing thing for me here is that is very clearly how Hermés is on eye on its luxury neighbour of other segment, Cartier. After all, now they have two of the perfumers that created the biggest sales sucesses of the line, the two fragrances that most generated flankers inside the brand: Declaration Cartier (Ellena's work from 1998) and Eau de Cartie (Christine Nagel's work from 2001). If you look for those two creations, it's clear that when the style is transparent and minimalist Ellena and Nagel work in different ways but in similar forms and the impression that i have is that on Monsieur Li you see a joint work of both minimalist styles.
The second amusing thing for me here is that how this imaginary garden of an imaginary Monsieur has such a delicated and luminous floral aura that many would associate more with a Madam Li than a monsieur. In this sense, Le Jardin is, after Un Jardin Sur Le toit, a fragrance that works on the edge of the genres, a unissex creation almost going into the feminine direction.
The third amusing thing for me here is that i notice more and more that to achieve a luxury aura, delicate, without any rough edges, perfumers seems to use considerable synthetic compound amounts and the synthetic word is seem a lot for the common user as something cheap. So, there is a contradiction, the fragrances that you think are luxury might be loaded with the things you consider cheap. Altough this garden is a jasmine inspired one, one of Ellena's favorites, i would say that is an immaginary garden of the molecule most used to emulate jasmine in fragrances, Hedione. Certainly there is other jasmine molecules extending its smell and giving it creamier nuances, but Monsieur Li seems to me basically a vegetal musky fragrance with hedione at its center. The opening is interesting, of green citrus aura, with fruity nuances, something that reminds me of bergamot, grapefruit and slightly of papaya too. The luminous jasmine influence of creamy and fruity nuances come next and accompanied with some molecule or base that also makes me think of orchids. From this moment is that the Christine Nagel influence starts to be very clear to me in the the composition, with a base that seems like a recap of the woody, musky and transparente base found in Eau de Cartier.
In the end, it's as if this one were an Eau de Cartier Essence de Jasmine, which incidentally would be an excellent addition to the Cartier line if they decided to retribute the kindness of the clear and direct inspiration in one of their most succesful commercial creations.
Warm citrus, light jasmine and milky leaves. It smells too much like the other "Jardins" (maybe this is the worst one). It's boring and uninspired, despite the beautiful concept and the poetical name. Ellena is a good nose but I think that his last creations are a boring cacophony, with no ideas and no soul, simple variations of the same theme. I can't wait to see the direction Hermes will take with Christine Nagel.
rossyegio5
Una semplice, lineare colonia esperidata con un tocco di menta che la rende più maschile.
Più che un profumo Hermes mi sembra un freschissimo, fine, quotidiano dopobarba molto costoso...Forse "Après rasage de Monsieur Li"...?!
Della serie dei "giardini" il mio preferito resta " Après la Mousson", più speziato, tonico, interessante, sfaccettato, erbaceo, fresco aromatico, originale.
Purtroppo gli agrumati tout court mi annoiano.
Mellyhelly
This is very nice-smelling with a zesty Citrus opening typically kumkat and a touch of mint.
Luckily this opening keeps going for a while, at least 1 hour or more, otherwise it would have been an useless "one more Jardin".
The base is exactly the same, so that the four of them are more or less variations on a theme, with LJDML being the zesty one, heavily related to Jour d'Hermes, but less grapefruitly obnoxious.
Not a work of originality and not such a richly described garden full of wonders (come on!) but the perfume itself is pleasant, airy and fresh in a very summer casual-chic way.
It seems to me like a fin-de-carriere light scent, just to say good-bye in a whiff.
guerlainpourhomme
Been there done that
I find myself at loss of words when it comes to Le Jardin de Monsieur Li. I mean, it's not exactly what I would describe as bad but, honestly, I think it's pointless. This is basically the same sour woody-musky, and kind of rubbery too, base we already experienced in most of the latest Hermes (especially several of the Les Jardins series, Jour D'Hermes and all its flankers and a bunch others) to which they added a *new* opening. That's it.
It's like paying a full ticket to see 10 minutes of unseen footage of a movie we've probably seen twenty times. I know we've all done this but it seems it is becoming the standard at Hermes. Time for a whole new movie now.
Rating: 5/10
Islandaromatika
Beautifully composed, but derivitive. Kind of like the love-child of Cedrat Enivrant and Neroli Porto. Lovely in that Hermés way, but honestly? It's been done before.
It's similar to many Hermes' perfumes. Mostly to the Un Jardin Sur Le Nil, but this one is not that good.
I don't know if those notes represent the whole perfume, but I can tell it's citrusy and green. Very summery.
Not bad, just nothing excitingly new
A champion in balance but not in originality. Smell like a purified
version of Kenzo Summer and remind me Petit Guerlain as well and many others but no one is so well built. A creamy lemon sorbet.
I really love this one! It has a light almost ethereal quality about it. The citrus in this isn't sharp it's light, it also has a minty note to it that addsbto the overrall freshness of the composition. What really attracts me to this perfume is it has a green note that blends in with the citrus. It feels like I'm sitting in a garden with citrus trees growing nearby & a light breeze carries wafts of the citrus, green plants & mint & gently envelops me with this scent. This perfume has that breezy, light airy feel to it yet it's not wimpy juice. I sprayed it on at night & woke up with the sxent still clinging to my skin. I love this!!!
“I remembered a smell of ponds, a smell of jasmine, a smell of soppy stones, of plum trees, kumquats and hulk bamboos. It was all there, and in a ponds there were even canopy usually operative towards their hundredth birthday.” — Jean-Claude Ellena.
I was able to buy this latest creation this weekend and the good thing is that it matched my expectations : it is a very typical JC Ellena creation and unfortunately his last one at Hermes. It is definitively part of the whole Jardin family and he brought good tribute to what we could imagine as a typical Chinese Garden.
Don't expect that typical fizzling almost Fanta kind of citrus opening, it is more a citrus whisper.
I definitively recognize the kumquat aroma, after that soft opening, you can smell that typical green body with a non indolic Jasmin, an "aquatic" jasmin interpretation.
I don't smell the real mint note, it is more the green, fresh muskiness which Ellena always master to create in his Jardin series, closer to a juicy "fig" note than really mint which would have been too harsh for balancing this very delicate composition. The Kumquat citrus has a bit more sweetness and juiciness than any other citrus note, it gives a little honeyed aspect to this perfume. Some people will be disappointed that this is just a simple & linear perfume but I think JC Ellena wanted to close his chapter of the Jardin by honoring his master pieces in all modesty and not with lot of bravura. It is if he wanted to introduce his successor Christine Nagel already by giving her the opportunity to succeed him in all serenity and softness...Is it a cologne ? No not really : it is a delicate, introvert perfume.
A minimalist intimate scent you would like to wear for yourself, allowing you to transcend from the daily routines and bringing some peace in your hectic life.
Jasminalia
Uninteresting actually. The formula is 3% of Jour d'Hermès + 97% of a transparent mix of hedione and green notes.
100ml for 100EUR.
So disappointed!
Felipe this is the last Jardin from Hermes and I 've read it's the last perfume from Jean-Claude Ellena for the Hermes house. Unfortunately...!
Bitter citrus peel, peppermint and Jasmine. Green, fresh, moist garden. It's amazing!!!
Cannot wait for this one! I love every fragrance in the Jardin series.
Add Your Review
Become a member of this online perfume community and you will be able to add your own reviews.
Sponsored offers:
Online Shopping Deals
This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Hermes Le Jardin de Monsieur Li fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Hermes Le Jardin de Monsieur Li, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermes. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Le Jardin de Monsieur Li by Hermes represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.
People who like this also like
Popular brands and perfumes:
Fragrantica in your language:
Copyrights (C) 2006- perfumes magazine - All Rights Reserved - do not copy anything without prior written permission. Please read the
Fragrantica(R) Inc, San Diego, CA United States}

我要回帖

更多关于 le iuml to 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信