when you are little 与when youwhen were you atlittle有区别吗

当前位置:
>>>阅读理解 When you are little,the whole world feels like a bi..
&&&& When you are little,&&the whole world feels like a big playground.I was living in Conyers,&&Georgia the summer it all happened.I was a second grader,&&but my best friend Stephanie was only in the first grade.Both of our parents were at work and most of the time they let us go our own way.&&&& It was a hot afternoon and we decided to have an adventure in Stephanie's basement.As I opened the basement door,&&before us lay the biggest room,&&full of amazing things like guns,&&dolls,&&and old clothes.I ran downstairs,&&and spotted a red steel can.It was paint.I looked beyond it and there lay even more paint in bright colors like purple,&&orange,&&blue and green.&&&& "Stephanie,&&I just found us a project for the day.Get some paintbrushes.We are fixing to paint."She screamed with excitement as I told her of my secret plans and immediately we got to work.We gathered all the brushes we could find and moved all of our materials to my yard.There on the road in front of my house,&&we painted big stripes(条纹)of colors across the pavement(人行道). Stripe by stripe,&&our colors turned into a beautiful rainbow.It was fantastic!&&&& The sun was starting to sink.I saw a car in the distance and jumped up as I recognized the car.It was my mother.I couldn't wait to show her my masterpiece.The car pulled slowly into the driveway and from the look on my mother's face,&&I could tell that I was in deep trouble.&&&& My mother shut the car door and walked towards me.Her eyes glaring,&&she shouted,&&"What in the world were you thinking?I understood when you made castles out of leaves,&&and climbed the neighbors' trees,&&but this!Come inside right now!"I stood there glaring back at her for a minute,&&angry because she had insulted(侮辱)my art.&&&& "Now go clean it up!"Mother and I began cleaning the road.Tears ran down my cheeks as I saw my beautiful rainbow turn into black cement.&&&& Though years have now passed,&&I still wonder where my rainbow has gone.I wonder if,&&maybe when I get older,&&I can find my rainbow and never have to brush it away.I guess we all need some sort of rainbow to brighten our lives from time to time and to keep our hopes and dreams colorful.
1. What did the writer want to do when his mother came home?A. To introduce Stephanie to her.B. To prevent her from seeing his painting.C. To put the materials back in the yard.D. To show his artwork to her.2. In his mother's eyes,&&the writer________.A. was a born artist&&&&&&B. always caused troubleC. was a problem solver&& D. worked very hard3. The underlined word"rainbow"in the last paragraph refers to______.A. the rainbow in the skyB. the stripes on the pavementC. something imaginative and funD. important lessons learned in childhood4. It can be learned from the passage that parents should______.A. encourage children to paintB. value friendship among childrenC. discover the hidden talent in childrenD. protect rather than destroy children's dreams
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:模拟题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解 When you are little,the whole world feels like a bi..”主要考查你对&&故事类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
故事类阅读
故事类阅读概念:
这类文章一般描述的是某一件具体事情的发生发展或结局,有人物、时间、地点和事件。命题往往从故事的情节、人物或事件的之间的关系、作者的态度及意图、故事前因和后果的推测等方面着手,考查学生对细节的辨认能力以及推理判断能力。故事类阅读应试技巧:
1、抓住文章的6个要素:阅读时要学会从事情本身的发展去理解故事情节而不要只看事件在文中出现的先后顺序。因此,无论是顺叙还是倒叙,阅读此类文章时,必须要找到它结构中的5个W(when, where, who, why, what)和1个H(how),不过不是每篇都会完整地交待六个要素。毫无疑问,寻出这些元素是能够正确快速解题的一个先决条件。 2、注意作者的议论和抒情:高考英语阅读理解故事类文章常伴随着作者思想情感的流露和表达,因此议论和抒情往往夹杂其中。行文时或按事情发生发展的先后时间进行或按事情发生发展的地点来转换,也可能按事情发展的阶段来布局。在引出话题,讲完一件事情后,作者往往会表达个人感悟或提出建议等。这些体现作者观点或思想的语句在阅读时可以划线,它们往往体现文章中心或者写作意图,属于必考点,所以要仔细体会。 3、结合前两点归纳文章中心,把握作者态度:故事类文章是通过记叙一件事来表达中心思想的,它是文章的灵魂。归纳文章中心思想时,尤其要分析文章的结尾,因为很多文章卒章显志,用简短的议论、抒情揭示文章中心;文章中议论抒情的句子往往与中心密切相关;也有的文章需要在结合概括各段大意的基础上归纳中心。另外,叙述一件事必有其目的,或阐明某一观点,或赞美某种品德,或抨击某种陋习,这就要求我们在阅读时,通过对细节(第1点中的六要素)的理解,把握作者的态度。 4、有章有据进行解题判断:分析文章,归纳主题,属于分析、概括、综合的表述能力的考查。切忌脱离文章,架空分析,一定让分析在文章中有依据。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解 When you are little,the whole world feels like a bi..”考查相似的试题有:
174194222013255791174464191319194991扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
Were you cute when you were little
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
你小的时候可爱吗?
答语是什么 急用 求啦!!!!!!!!!!!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码Start by marking “When You Were Mine” as Want to Read:
Want to Read
Want to Read
Currently Reading
Enlarge cover
Want to Read
Error rating book. Refresh and try again.
Rate this book
Clear rating
See a Problem?
We’d love your help.
Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of
When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle.
It’s the wrong book
It’s the wrong edition
Details (if other):
When You Were Mine
(Goodreads Author)
Rebecca Serle is an author and television writer who lives between New York and Los Angeles. Serle most recently co-developed the hit TV adaptation of her young adult series Famous in Love, now on Freeform. She loves Nancy Meyers films, bathrobes, and giving unsolicited advice on love. She can be found on twitter: @RebeccaASerle
&How do you mourn something that never really belonged to you?&
switch to:Describe An Occasion When You Were Disappointed Free Essays
1. Describe a moment in your life when you took on a great challenge. What was the outcome?
It was a rainy and windy day In Valladolid, where the Spanish Rugby Championship was being held. Thirty teams had managed to
the Spanish crème de la crème (including little ol’ me), but now only eight remained. The other seven had withered away like leaves on an autumn wind. The oth an orgy of feelings flooded the pitch: fear, excitement, and anxiety…
Our team...
Debut albums,
Get Ready for This,
The A-Team
a vehicle that's going downhill and you're making it go faster. That makes no sense.&
Chinese demographers, and even members of the Communist Party-run parliament, have called for looser restrictions. Those wanting change may seize on the data, when China reveals the main findings of its 2010 census, the last since 2000.
Still, experts say the government will be reluctant to abolish the policy, as anxious as ever about feeding its people who account for around one-fifth of the world's population...
Demographics,
Demography
Describe and analyse a subculture with which you are familiar.
The definition of a subculture is a culture within a culture where a group develops distinctive norms and values that are different from those of the mainstream culture.
The subculture that I will be writing about is called the Fan Base which is also know as the Fandom.
A fan base or fandom is a group of regular supporters and enthusiasts that spend a rather large amount of time and energy focussing on a team, musician or musical...
Enthusiasm,
While You Were Sleeping
While You Were Sleeping, composed by Randy Edelman and directed by Jon Turteltaub, includes good examples of a leitmotif. A leitmotif is a reoccurring piece of music associated with a specific character, event, theme, or mood. The two leitmotifs used in this movie are “Lucy’s Theme”, which is a slow, romantic, or even sad piece of music. The “Family Theme”, has a faster beat that goes back and forth and is quirky.
The main characters in While You Were Sleeping are Lucy...
Christmas,
Engagement,
-------------------------------------------------
Disappointed Old Man
The text I am going to analyse tells some kind of diary of a character that is inspired by Andras Tamas. Andras Tamas was a Hungarian soldier who was wrongly taken prisoner during the Second World War. The funny thing about Tamas is that he was thought to be crazy because of the fact that he was speaking Hungarian which made Russians think he was speaking gibberish. So Tamas were taken to a psychiatric hospital where he spent most...
Big Day Out,
The Seventh Day,
Vladimir Mikhaylovich Komarov
When we were kings directed by Leon Gast is a documentary on the famous &rumble in the jungle& heavy weight championship between George Forman and Muhammad Ali. The fight took place October 30, 1974 in Zaire, Africa.
Rumble in the Jungle was the title match between world Heavyweight champion George Foreman and his challenger the former champion Muhammad Ali. The fight took place in Z where it was promoted by Don King, This event was one of Don King's first big promotions as he got both Ali...
George Foreman,
Joe Frazier
actions are “fishy”. He comes to her apartment to seek her out and try to obtain more information about this girl, Lucy, but his first encounter at her apartment building is with Joe Junior, who exaggerates and boldly lies in order to feel good or proud. When Jack asks him about Lucy he says that he is “dating” her. As our text on page 26 says, “Perceivers tend to make the pieces fit”, Jack thinks that this statement from Junior is correct because he is automatically “trying to make the pieces fit” into...
March 2010
“While You Were Sleeping”
Think back to when you were a young girl. Did you ever have the fear of being alone forever or finding the right guy for you? That use to be one of my biggest fears. I hated the idea of being along but even more so I hated the idea of being with the wrong person. This is exactly how Lucy felt in the movie While You Were Sleeping. She felt alone but not so alone to she would just settle for just anyone like Joe Jr. She was so excited when she saw the man that...
Engagement,
The Day You Were Born
I was forty-one weeks and one day pregnant, lying in an uncomfortable hospital bed, wearing a hideous pink gown, and counting the minutes until my next contraction. Apparently, you were very comfortable in my tummy because there was no sign of you making your appearance any time soon. I was having plenty of contractions
our doctor was looking for a count of at least 60 on the room monitor, but I was only in the mid-20s.
Before long she ordered that...
Black hair,
Childbirth,
1. If you were CEO of Harley- Davidson, how would you compare the advantages and the dis advantages of using exports , joint ventures, and foreign subsidiaries as ways of expanding international sales?
a. If I were the CEO of Harley- Davidson, I see only upsides from joint ventures and foreign subsidiaries as types of insourcing. I say this due to the fact that the countries like Germany and Japan each had a helpful hand in the production of our motorcycles. That being said co ownership by both...
Harley Owners Group
English 1118-54 Online
19 October 2014
Explication of “When You Are Old” by William Butler Yeats
When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and o
How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows o
Ezra Pound,
Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn,
Iseult Gonne
Why you describe yourself competitive
The easy answer is yes. You must give plenty of examples. And from as many aspects of your life as possible. University experience certainly, but also include situations from your early life in order to demonstrate that competition is natural to you. Sporting activities are an obvious source here. Show that you are competitive on your own as well as within a team situation. You should also suggest that you are successfully competitive. Failing in competition...
Employment,
You Want This
YOU WERE MY EVERYTHING
This goes out to someone that was
Once the most important person in my life
I didn't realize it at the time
I can't forgive myself for the way I treated you so
I don't really expect you to either
It's just... I don't even know
Just listen?EUR?
You're the one that I want, the one that I need
The one that I gotta have just to succeed
When I first saw you, I knew it was real
I'm sorry about the pain I made you feel
That wasn' let me show you the way...
2000 singles,
2002 singles,
2003 singles
When You Were Young by The Killers
The music video of When You Were Young by The Killers shows the story of a young woman’s tragic marriage through flashbacks while in the present she is about to jump off a mountain and kill herself. It is set in the present (video made in 2006) in a small town somewhere in Mexico. This is shown by the ethnicity of the actors and the costume which is relevant to place, being Mexico and the props like beer and phones which is present to the time period. The video...
Would you be happier if you were richer? A Focusing Illusion by Kahneman
o The belief that high income is associated with good mood is widespread but mostly illusory
o However those who are rich tend to be more tense and don’t spend time in enjoyable activities
o Focus illusion: he says people exaggerate the contribution of income to happiness
because they FOCUS on the conventional/established/standard achievements when evaluating their lives.
o Measuring subjects well being through surveys...
Eudaimonia,
Happiness,
Household income in the United States
ideas and new opinions. Or is it just as racist and bias as the previous generations?
“After You, My Dear Alphonse!” by Shirley Jackson, 1949, Johnny, a white boy and Boyd a black boy. The short story takes place in Johnny’s kitchen. Johnny invites Boyd inside for some lunch. Mrs. Wilson, Johnny’s mother, has no knowledge of Boyd being a black boy, and does not know how to react when she finds out. She assumes right away that he is a poor black child, of which he is not. Mrs....
African American,
Black people,
Discrimination
BE BOLD WHEN YOU LOSE AND BE CALM WHEN YOU WIN
‘Successful people believe that failure is nothing but a feedback
mechanism.’
MASTER OF CEREMONIES, FELLOW YOUTHLEADERS, ESTEEMED TOASTMASTERS ,LADIES AND GENTLEMEN A VERY WARM GOOD EVENING TO ONE AND ALL.
LIFE IS FULL OF CHALLENGES WHICH INCLUDE SUCCESS AS WELL AS FAILURES,BUT VERY FEWW PEOPLE ARE SUCCESSFUL IN EVERYTHING THEY ATTEMPT. BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE, MOST OF THE PEOPLE HAVE TO FACE FAILURES IN THEIR LIFE’S BEFORE THEY REALLY ACHIEVE...
Abraham Lincoln,
1.your family goes on a picnic every sunday and hides so they don't have to share food with anyone else and you sit on carpets on the grass
2.your parents try to hook you up with your cousins (ok eww)
3.your freezer is filled with nothing but gosht and naanai khuchk
4.you drink tea 24/7
5.you kiss everyone 3 times on the cheeks for no reason
6.your parents call food basics..&basic food& and burger king...&king burger&
7.your friends call and your parents make up the stupidest excuses...you're...
Don Valley Parkway,
Michie- &See You When We Get There&
Anyone can teach, but only a few teachers can teach in a way that relates back to a child's life. That kind of teacher works for change in her classroom and community. Michie's article describes how one young black teacher, Liz Kirby, works for change in her classroom, because she strives to be that special teacher.
Kirby introduced the book Malcolm X to her students. She didn't try and lie to them that this was easy reading or cover up the fact that this...
Education,
Lebanon, Tennessee
When you work as an au pair…
…you increase you knowledge in a foreign language
…you learn more about another culture
…you experience a different environment
…you meet new people
…you get work experience
…you visit new places
…you get a memory for life
Working as an au pair is a rewarding experience because you learn to stand on your own two feet and take care of yourself.
The most common and important task is to take care of the children in the family. It often involves making...
A Little Bit,
Employment
something is going to turn out. When things do not turn out the way, we w the feeling of disappointment takes over.
Disappointment is the feeling people get when something or someone fails to live up to our expectations.
There are many ways and reasons why we become disappointed.People can feel disappointment in themselves or others .Sometime we are disappointed in a movie that we have seen or a concert we have attended. Disappointment is feeling you get when your team looses the baseball...
Christianity,
Disappointment,
Jennifer Smith
English 111
February 16, 2011
Essay One - Revised
“What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?”
We are usually asked this question very early in life: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” It’s one of the biggest questions asked of children, from toddlers to teenagers. It’s always asked to help encourage kids to think of their future. After all, how many children really know what they want to do with the rest of their lives? Oh yeah, there are those lucky few who have a...
Academic degree,
High school,
Wish You Were Here
Pink Floyd first banded together in 1965 with Roger Barrett as the “creative force” behind the band (Barnes). However, drug and alcohol abuse led to his mental breakdown. His unreliability led to the band’s search for a new lead singer. The album cover and the song are both a metaphor for the band’s experiences with Barrett. Pink Floyd’s 1975 album cover of Wish You Were Here portrays artistic elements of light, destruction, and unique placement. They reflect the band’s skeptical...
David Gilmour,
Hipgnosis,
Pink Floyd
How Does Duffy Vividly Portray her Mother and their Relationship in “Before You Were Mine”?
Firstly, there are several examples of Duffy implying a strong relationship of love and admiration between herself and her mother. For instance, this is conveyed when Duffy describes her mother’s polka dot dress as blowing around her legs, before referring to her as “Marilyn”. This immediately draws the audiences’s minds to the fifties, and the iconic image of the glamorous Marilyn Monroe with her polka...
Marilyn Monroe
What were you afraid of when you were a child ?
There were many things that I was scared of when I was little.
Some of the fears I acquired were due to prevailing gossips and unfounded tales talked about by the people who were close to me - friends, cousins and my parents.
But as I mature into my teenage years, I realised the folly and absurdities of my fears.
In fact, some of them were so ludicrous like lurking monsters under my bed and demon-like character that brutally attacked anyone...
Horror film
When you deserve each other
“In vain have I struggled? It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” Hearing Mr. Darcy’s strong admiration, Elizabeth’s astonishment was beyond expression. In spite of her deeply-rooted dislike, she could not be insensible to the compliment of such a man’s affection. But why Elizabeth refused him so tough, with so little endeavor at civility? Was this refusal merely because Mr. Darcy’s disagreeable...
Elizabeth Bennet,
Fitzwilliam Darcy,
Describe an interesting film you saw recently.
What is the title?
When did you see it?
What is the story about?
And explain why this movie was interesting to you.
Last summer, my family and I went to AMC Movie Theater in Cupertino and enjoyed a movie entitled “Journey to the Center of the Earth”.
It was a Science Fiction and adventure movie in three-dimensions.
We enjoyed state-of –the-art computer graphics in the movie. For instance, when a dinosaur chased the characters...
Cinema of the United States,
Film genres
My Deployment
It’s the little things in life that people miss the most when you are forced to live without them. For me, that little thing that I had to do without for nine months of my life was a porcelain toilet. Being deployed to Iraq gave me a huge appreciation for every little thing in my life that I have taken for granted. Living in a war torn third world country taught me not only that I am very lucky to be where I am, but to not be lazy and live my life to the fullest because there are...
Flag of Iraq,
History of Iraq
believe that you can tell a lot about a person by observing what they wear.
Is this true?
A man in a nice pressed three-piece suit, carrying an expensive briefcase is obviously a businessman, right? A woman wearing a long ruffled colorful dress, with many jewelry pieces around her neck and wrists and colorful beads braided onto her hair must be a hippy or a gypsy, right? It is easy to label people based on how they dressed, sometimes too easy.
Let’ the first thing you do to a person...
the doors for men and women not only in the work plac to become more aware and willing to really communicate with one another.
2. What does Tannen mean when she writes, “Conversation is a ritual”?
To interpret what she said I will try, to be precise I cannot say. Ritual is a word commonly used to describe costumes that continue to portray. My dad would say to me oh you’re doing your ritual of putting on your face. Deborah means that the way one talks is a sort of a habit, never...
Occasion of Sin
Diarmaid Ferriter was born in Dublin 1972, and is one of Ireland’s prominent historians. Ferriter is a ‘professor of modern Irish history at University City Dublin’[1] and a “broadcaster with RT? radio and television.”[2] The book ‘Occasions of Sin’ covers a range of subjects including: abortion, pregnancy, celibacy, contraception, censorship, infanticide, homosexuality, prostitution, marriage, popular culture, and social life. He also explores various ‘hidden Ireland’s’[3] associated...
Human sexual behavior,
Human sexuality,
How do you react when confronted with an issue?
An issue is some sort of a conflict. It can be task related or relationship related. I believe I am better at handling relationship conflicts as compared to task oriented conflicts. Major part of the B School experience comes from working in groups and student committees. People from different places with different personalities and diverse backgrounds come together to achieve a goal which usually is either pulling off a big event in case of student...
Creativity,
Intrinsic and extrinsic properties
“Before you were mine” uses first person and is written using the patterns of ordinary speech as if the poet is speaking directly to her mother. Although much of what she talks about takes place before Duffy was born she makes her presence felt by using 'I' to start many phrases. 'I'm ten years away.' The poet seems to have been stimulated to write after seeing an old photo of her mother enjoying herself with some girl friends when she was a teenager. The poem is written in the present tense as...
Happiness,
Olfaction,
IELTS SPEAKING PART ONE TOPICS.
Describe yourself.
o Describe your family?
o Do you have a large or small family?
o How much time do you spend with your family?
o What do you like to do together as a family?
o Do you get along well with your family?
o Are people in your country generally close to their families?
o What do you do?
o What are your responsibilities?
o How many hours do you work each day?
o Do you enjoy your work?
o Is there...
History of the Internet,
Perfect guy! How would you describe a perfect guy? One who has got all the best qualities? Well, for me a perfect guy is someone who has got a good personality along with looks. One who is caring, loving, sweet, friendly, open minded, devoted, honest, kind, understanding, respectful, romantic, possessive, protective, supportive, proud to have her, has got deep eyes and loves her to infinity. Makes her feel special, makes her realize her importance in his life, makes her laugh even when she doesn’t want...
2001 songs,
2006 albums,
Best Friends
your sights, you got me all alone.
You found me.
You found me.
You found me.
I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that,
And when I fell hard, you took a step back.
Without me
Without me
Without me
And he's long gone, when he's next to me,
And I realize the blame is on me.
'Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in.
So shame on me now
I Flew me to places I'd never been.
So you put me down.
Oh, I knew you were trouble when you walked in...
2003 in music
and dramatist, praised as “one of the foremost figures in the 20th century”.
When You Are Old
When you are old and gray and full of sleep
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;
And loved your beauty with love false or true;
And loved the sorrows o
And bending down beside the...
Linguistics,
Literary criticism
Study notes for essay
Meaning 1:
You can look at something and not understand it. But when you actually see something, you could realize things you never expected to.
i think it means that its not how someone looks on the outside, its who the person really is on the inside that most matters.
What does that mean?
What do you see, or do you usually just look? It’s only human to not see everything. There is just too much to see and process, so our minds delete that which it believes to be unnecessary...
Observation,
Why Walk When You Could Run?
It has been said by many, &Any society, any nation, is judged on the basis of how it treats its weakest members”. What if the weakest member of a society is placed in a position to carry the town’s woes?
That is true in Ursala Le Guin’s short story, “The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas.” Le Guin’s depressing tale describes a society that is neither compassionate nor relevant, speaks about a culture of people who are corrupt thereby making the characters static. However...
A Good Thing,
Debut albums
Before You Were Mine
‘Before You Were Mine’, written by Carol Ann Duffy is a poem about the adoration that the writer feels for her mother. Her feelings are revealed in first person. Duffy uses a range of narrative techniques like onomatopoeia, metaphors and short sentences which stand out and make the writer’s point clear. These techniques help reveal the author’s changing attitude from selfish and possessive to loving and affectionate, when considering the younger version of her mother.
Alliteration,
Carol Ann Duffy,
Interpersonal relationship
“When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.”
Even though this clichéd quote may not be as inspirational to be put in history books, it gives a good description for my general attitude towards life. Life is a rollercoaster full of twists and turns, ups and downs and even upside-downs. We have to learn to adapt and make the most out of each situation, even in the worst of times. My loving family, the universal language of dance and working hard made me realize this.
These three aspects influenced...
Aerosmith,
Form of the Good
One day when we were young
As the title of this short story alludes, the theme of One day when we were young (published in Thicker Than Water, 2001) is youth, growing up and going from childhood to adulthood ? or at least becoming a teenager. The story takes place in 1955 probably on the countryside of Ireland, where the author Vincent Banville
is from ? this is also supported by the description of the nature and surroundings, with rocks, meadows and ruin castles, and the fact that a protestant...
Black-and-white films,
Edvard Munch
Positive Psychology:
Why Be Negative, When You Can Be Positive!
Thesis/Key Question:
I always try to surround myself with good vibes and positive people. Which is why I love doing what I do, I’m a DJ and my main goal every night I preform is to make people have a good time. Great vibes bring great people and great vibes influences great people. So why wouldn’t you want to bring positivity into your life?
Positive psychology is...
Abraham Maslow,
Clinical psychology,
Tomorrow When the War Began
Who is the most interesting character in Tomorrow When the War Began?
Describe what is revealed about them in the novel.
As much as I hate to start an essay with a personal pronoun, I must as the topic is all a matter of opinion. I believe that Homer is the most interesting character in the novel, Tomorrow When the War Began. Throughout the novel, many aspects of his personality and looks are described. It is shown that: Homer has a Greek heritage and a rough, extreme...
Character,
2.2 Describe with examples the importance of recognising and responding to concerns about children and young people’s development
When looking at children and young people’s development it is important to recognise and respond to concerns to ensure that the child or young person receives the help and assistance needed.
The sooner any issues or concerns are raised the sooner the child or young person can be monitored and help or assistance given.
The following things would cause concern about...
Childhood,
Developmental psychology,
When Committing Murder is Morally Justified
There are many occasions when murders are committed and murderers are not brought to justice.
In And Then There Were None and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie the theme in the books is, the morality of murder - that murder can be right and morally justified. Both books illustrate that murders took place and that the individuals that committed theses murders got away with them.
As a result, the surviving family, friends and others such...
Agatha Christie,
And Then There Were None,
Hercule Poirot
About how much money do you spend on clothes a year?
Do you like shopping for new clothes?
Do you often buy new clothes?
Do you read fashion magazines?
Do you sometimes wear a hat?
Do you think it is important to wear fashionable clothes?
o (Do you think it is important to be in fashion?)
Do you wear jewelry?
o If so, what kind of jewelry do you wear?
o How often do you wear jewelry?
Do you wear the same color clothes now that you wore ten years ago?
Do you wear the same size clothes...
Fashion week
Describe an afternoon at the bus station (SPM 97)
It was two o’clock in the afternoon. I was heading towards the bus station with Mohan after Mrs Wong’s extra class. The sun was beating mercilessly on my back and I could feel my sweat trickling down my spine. I have often wished that my mother would allow me to ride a motorcycle to school. She says that I am not ready but we both know that she is terrified that a car would knock me down.
When I reached the bus station, it was nearly empty except...
British Isles,
You Are What You Wear
Whoever said “clothes make a man” had the right idea about people perceive each other on the first look. Whether you like it or not, a big part of the first impression that we make when you meet someone depends on how you look – which is basically how you’re dressed.
Looking good is an obsession with people these days. We love to keep up on the latest trends and make sure we’re sporting the latest fashion. Just take a look around you. Bangalis seem to be really catching...
Haute couture
There should be at most only one team per group per event.6.
The over-all winners shall be determined by adding the points earned by the members of each group.EGG DROPOBJECT:
To provide a container that will protect a raw egg when dropped from an altitude to a hard surface like a concrete flooring.TEAM:
Maximum of two (2) members.
At least one (1) team member must be assigned to drop the container.APPARATUS:
1. The members of the team must construct
Centimetre gram second system of units,
Orders of magnitude,
Describe at least one significant setting. Explain how the setting helped you understand one or more key ideas in the text as a whole.
The astonishing adventurous novel written by John Marsden, Tomorrow When The War Began, has a significant setting. The setting is known as Hell. Hell is described as a beautiful place despite the name it up holds. It is significant because Ellie and her friends were camping out there when the invasion of Wirrawee begun. Ellie and her friends soon made ‘Hell’ their...
English-language films,
Vietnam, a war that ended in 1975 was a war about the prolonged struggles between the nationalists forces that were trying to attempt the unification of Vietnam as a country under a government of communism and the United States attempting to delay or stop the spread of communism. To the Americans, this war seemed pointless and the Americans saw that there was no way of winning so the government lost the support for this uncalled war. In &The Things They Carried,& Tim O'Brien wrote a novella about...
Awards and decorations of the United States military,
When Old Technologies Were New Carolyn Marvin
Ch 2: community and class order
p62 two narratives: electric promise vs electric threat 'electrician's: the IT professionals of the 90s hype: Telephones make life easier and better. electricity as transformative agent of social possibility electricity: a natural force under control p64 electrical communication makes interaction ‘strange’ p68 protected areas of family life...secrets laid open... listening in on secrets (via switchboard..) boundaries...
Base station,
Cell site,
Cellular network
Is forgiving always the right thing to do? For me the answer is a simple no. The best example of some of the dangers of forgiveness is in The Sunflower by Simon Wisenthal. The Sunflower is a book which describes Simon’s, the Jewish protagonist in a concentration camp, encounter with Karl, a SS soldier on his death bed. Simon is pulled to Karl’s side while Karl tells of his time in the SS with much regret. Karl, overcome with guilt and remorse for his actions,
asks Simon to forgive him. Simon, unable...
2006 singles,
Forgiveness
is a great example of those opuses which let oppressed people’s voices be noticed. Frank Capra, rather than simply criticize the cruel truth of society, brought forward his new movie, You Can’t Take it With You, in order to bring a sense of relief with his unique humor. The protagonists of You Can’t Take It With You have opportunities to make their dreams come true: The eccentric Professor Vanderhof’s good nature asserts itself and converts Anthony P. Kirby to do what he likes instead of lusting after...
Academy Award for Best Picture,
Frank Capra
When you are old and gray and full of sleep
Your eyes had once, and o
And loved your beauty wit
And loved the sorrows of your changing face.
And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead,
And hid...
Ezra Pound,
Interpersonal attraction,
First Assignment
Describe what would be according to your personality the ideal job for you?
I used to change my idea of what an ideal job is since a while. When I was young, my dream was to be a princess like the others girls of my age. Who doesn’t want a pink life with money, comfort and happiness? When I was a teenager I wanted to work with horses, because they were my favorite animal. And now, since I’m enrolled in a business program, I have new expectations even if some are similar. I want...
Big Five personality traits,
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator,
Neuroticism
You entered my life like a gentle sigh, like a quiet breeze blowing softly through the leaves.
You were a stranger first, one who laughed freely and easily, who spoke of minor intimacies and common grounds, who made me feel strangely liked and valued.
You became my friend, no longer a stranger, trusting me with secrets hidden, confiding what you liked and hated.
We talked and laughed and, as time passed by, I grew more and more dependent upon your smile.
From strangers to friends was just a baby...
2007 singles,
Billboard Hot Country Songs number-one singles,
Debut albums
In my family all four of them are short. My parents are about 5’5 and my sisters are about 5’3, while I am about 6’1. I don’t know where I get my height from, but when I look at my cousins from my dad’s side every single one of the guys are just about 6’0 or higher and the tallest being 6’6. I have about 30 male cousins on my dad’s side. Also my grandfather from my mom’s side is 6’1, so I guess I got some of the...
Handedness,
Left-handedness,
Right-handedness
Save as many as you ruin
If you made a mistake in your life, whether it is a personal mistake or it would have grave consequences for other people. Would you be able to forget it? Would you get a second chance to make things right, and in that case, would you embrace this second chance or simply ignore it? ‘The second chance in love” is the main theme in Simon Van Booy’s story called “Save as many as you ruin”.
The mood in the story is melancholic. In the start of the story, the main character...
Interpersonal relationship,
Become a StudyMode Member}

我要回帖

更多关于 were are you 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信