英语句子成份 英语分析While it can't yet be said that every mouthful....

Solid Food for Baby | Ask Dr Sears 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
【广东版创新设计】2011高考英语一轮复习 Unit 3 A taste of English humour课件 新人.
下载积分:1000
内容提示:【广东版创新设计】2011高考英语一轮复习 Unit 3 A taste of English humour课件 新人教版必修4
文档格式:PPT|
浏览次数:37|
上传日期: 08:30:31|
文档星级:
全文阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
 1000 积分
下载此文档
该用户还上传了这些文档
【广东版创新设计】2011高考英语一轮复习 Unit 3 A ta
关注微信公众号(北京大学)美式英语发音课2014年秋季训练_甜梦文库
(北京大学)美式英语发音课2014年秋季训练
美式英语发音课 (Phonetic Training in American English Pronunciation) Instructor: Jinpeng, Han (Hans)Introduction-----Class Description Week One : Every dog has his lot.---Pronunciation: [a] Week Two: It also rains Cats ---Pronunciation [? ] Week Three: All roads lead to Rome---- [o] Week Four : Language makes faces----[e] Week Five: The Law is Naughty ---[?] Week Six: In the house of sound ---[au] Quiz (30%) Week Seven: The function of fun---[?] Week eight: The pet has a friend that never forgets ---[?] Week Nine: It would if it could ---[u] Week Ten: The early worm and the late bird--- [?] Week Eleven: Where the dear sleeps---[i] Week Twelve: A sigh and a joy ---[?]&[??] Week Thirteen: Footsteps in the corridor(I) ---辅音(consonants) [p] [b] [t] [d] [k] [g] [f] [v] [s] [?] [θ] [z] [?] [?] [h] [?] [?][m][n] [?][1] [r][w] [j] Week Fourteen: On the Smooth Way---Conjunction and RhythmFinal Exam (40%)0 An Introduction: ----Emotional, Physical and Rhythmical approaches in Phonetic TrainingI. Conjunction is Everywhere: He and I went there. I think he is. They thought he did it. She met her at the station. All his friends are here. The book is a must. You must ask him. Part of the work is done. I think I shall. I shall be glad to go. Some are better than others. Let’s have some ice cream. They asked us to join them. I can do it. He could do it if he could. How do I know? I suppose he does. What is it for? It was all I had. Jane had done it. John has found it. 2. Rhythm Checking Practice: 1. Iambic: [O I ] The trip was good. The food was great. The class was fun. 2. Trochaic: [I O ] Susan got the ticket. Lucy lost the chance. 3. Anapestic:[ O O I ] It was H he was mad. They were twins. 4. Dactylic: [ I O O ] Smiling through tears he was running to John. 5. Spondaic: [ I I ] One two, three four, shut the door. II. Let’s feel the rhythm of everyday language: We tend to stress the accentuated syllable of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs in daily communication. It is potentially changeable at each emotional input. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. If only this rain would stop! O IO O I O I I’d like to change my reservation. O I O I O O O I O He will turn his back on me if I ask for money. O O I O I O O // O O I O I O Lucy was offered a scholarship from Harvard. I O O I O O I O O //O I O The trip was a wonderful experience. O I O O I O O O I OIII. Form a Habit. Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village, He will not O I O IOI O I O I OOO I O OO IO O I see me stopping here to watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must I O I O I O I O I I O O I O IO I O think it queer to stop without a farmhouse near between the woods and frozen lake--1 I O I O I OO OI O I OO O I O I O I the darkest evening of the year. He gives his harness bells a shake to ask if there is O I O I O OO I O I O I O O OI O I O O O some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep of easy wind and downy flake. O O I O I OO I O I OIO I O I O I These woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go O I O I O I O I OO I IOO OI OI OI before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. OO O I O I OI OO O I) IV. Reading Practice: Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village, He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. My little horse must think it queer To stop without a farmhouse near Between the woods and frozen lake The darkest evening of the year. He gives his harness bells a shake To ask if there is some mistake. The only other sound's the sweep Of easy wind and downy flake. The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep. V. A passage: meaning groups, conjunction and rhythm. It is natural// for young people //to be critical of their parents at times //and to blame them //for most of the misunderstandings// between them. //They have always complained, //more or less justly, //that their parents are out of touch// with modern ways, //that// they are possessive and dominant, //and that //they do not trust their children //to deal with crises. //They talk too much// about problems// and they have no sense of humor, //at least// in parent-child relationships. I think// it is true// that parents often// underestimate //their teenage2 children// and also// forget// how they themselves felt //when young. Young people often irritate their parents// with their choices// in clothes and hairstyles, //in entertainers and music. //This is not their motive. //They feel cut off //from the adult world //into which //they have not yet been accepted.// So //they create a culture and society of their own. //Then, if// it turns out //that their music and entertainers// or vocabulary or clothes or hairstyles// irritate their parents, //this gives them additional enjoyment. //They feel //they are superior, //at least// in a small way, //and that //they are leaders// in style and taste. Sometimes //you are resistant and proud, //because you do not want your parents// to approve//of what you do.// If they did approve, // it looks // as if you are betraying// your own age group.// But in that case, //you are assuming //that you are the underdog:// you can't win //but at least// you can keep your honor. //This is a passive way //of looking at things.// It is natural enough// after long years of childhood, //when you are completely// under parents' control.// But it ignores the fact // that you are now beginning// to be responsible for yourself.Week One Pronunciation: [a] 口型张到自然状态下最大,圆唇。 Word Reading Not lot rot dot fog dog mob stop mock cost lost pot top fox log jot odd loss Soft box frog got golf knock lock mock rock shock shop spot wash watch solve Promise problem honest modest column modern bother collar comic comma common copper copy object hostile honor locker lodge logic model logic often option pocket profit proper prospect scholar resolve topic sobbing solid shopping rocket knowledge proverb proper obvious tolerate momentary popular dominate holiday opposite policy apology psychology symbolic stock mythology nominee prosperous operate positive optimism property monument coffee hobby offer wallet novelhospital economy obligatePhrase practice: Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [a] in it according to the marked rhythms and read it out. 1. Not a lot not ___________( O I)3 2. A man of property 3. Forgot to knock 4. A pot of fog 5. Jog and nod 6. Follow the frog 7. Mock and rob 8. adopt a dog 9. a symbolic world 10. wash the pota man ____________(O I O O) forgot __________( O I) a pot ____________(O I) jog __________( O I) follow ____________( O I ) mock ________ (O I) adopt ___________( O I ) a(n) ________ world (O I) wash _________ (O I)1. An Honest fox a(n)_______________ fox ( I O ) 2. A hostile frog a(n) _________ frog (I O) 3. knowledge rots ______________rots(I O) 4. solid rocks ______________rock (I O) 5. a Modest shop a ____________ shop (I O) 6. proper copy proper __________ (I O) 7. positive option positive______________( I O) 8. Flocks of moths ___________ moths (I O) 9. a pocket of dollars a pocket of _________( I O) 10. An oddest job a(n) ___________ job ( I O) 1. Popular music ____________ music (I O O) 2. A prosperous economy a _______________ economy (I O O) 3. a positive option a(n)_____________option (I O O) 4. frosty October frosty ___________( I O O) 5. moderate smog ______________ smog (I O O) 6. a prophet ’s property a prophet ’s ___________ (I O O) 7. Ironic offer ______________ offer (O I O) 8. polish a logic polish ___________ (O I O) 9. A bottle of cocktail a bottle ___________( O I O) 10. A mocking dolphin _________________dolphin (O I O) Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and replace the underlined expression with a word or an expression with Pronunciation: [a] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. It’s so hot in here. I’ve got to get a doctor ’s degree. Doctor, check the document please. My pocket is full of promises. His office is across from the volleyball court. God is an idea, not real. IPod is the product of modern science.4 8. He forgot his failure of his office. 9. Bob loves pop music. 10. Every doctrine in this book is a folly. 11. Do not lock in my frog! Bob! 12. They spotted the lobster under a huge rock. 13. He has solved this problem. 14. He forgot the lobster when the clock started to ring. 15. He never got the opportunity. 16. There are crowds of mobs of in front of the lobby. 17. That is a solid no for your offer. 18. A cock is sitting in the clock. 19. A fox was saved by a big octopus in the flood. 20. Tom’s major is sociology, while Jim’s is psychology. 21. Their common hobby is golf. 22. God invents losses and gains to make life meaningful. 23. It is not easy to accomplish the project on this foggy and hot day! 24. Bob promised his boss to do better on theology and geography. 25. My dog’s hobby is to jump on the robot and dance like a cat. Sound Bank: Read each of them loud and clear and figure out interesting sentences that adopt the following words as many as possible. Make English rock! Bob lost job dog god promise offer frog forgot rock Hollywood popular hobby clock model not lot soccer dollar dolly swallow volunteer rocket hockey adopt follow dog boss box sock office October opportunity comment volume Oxygen obdurate bobby dogmatist follow probable soluble trolley knob rot solitary impoverish fossil spot rock knowledge possible crop modern poverty lock stock mythology jot olive prosecution stock prerogative prominent conglomerate tautology gosh frosty fossilized hop ironic moderation provident moth Abolish abominate absolve accommodate accomplice accomplish accost admonish adopt agglomerate agog aloft toss hobbit moth folly mop college ox shot foggy off polish opera opt pot dot optic knock jog nod knot rock swallow got block body bog boggle bottom cock collar comma shot document moderate nod novel obvious offer occupy optional prospect economist priority deposit evolve flock obstacle software commonplace modify dominant scholar smog scoff pock sock trot moss trod fox frog lodge mock comic pocket spot rob bottle cocktail chronic comet commentary doctor domicile dodge dolphin eardrop embody follow hostage hostile hostel5 involve loft monitor nominal nominate offspring optimism oxide project propaganda propagate property prophet proposition revolve robot rod sovereign toss toggle knock cot chop cross floss obscure offset option technology plot observation operative dissolve theology geography monopoly Microsoft holiday positive lodge dodge oblong shoddy holly quality commodity closet socket stockholder A Passage Reading: be loud. Invest emotional power in your reading. 1. Tom lost his job and Bob lost his dog. So they talked to the god. The god promised to offer Tom a job, but offered Bob a frog instead of a dog. 2. I was so agog at the amazing volume that I could not stop reading it even when I was mopping the floor. 3. Every girl wants lots of cosmetics and costumes, toxic or not. Their faces all look like copies of plastic models. But what does a boy want: a biological life or a robot’s? 4. The government adopted a new policy to solve the problem. The problem is about the economic. The object of the policy is to offer the jobs to workers.5. One day, Bob’s swallow picked him a dolly from the dock. There was a knob-like nose on her little oblong face. Her red socks were of good quality, but her dress was shoddy. Weird as she looked, Bob liked her and made a home for her in his closet. 6. A toxic frog is hiding under the crops. Then a podgy man passed and a clock dropped out from his pocket. The clock looked odd and had some rotting spots on it.[ar]组合音 由于卷舌音的影响,成为中等口型 Harp hard harm [a:] carpet bark barn warp barber cart heart dark scarf carve farce arm part farm card alarm由于长久习惯或外来词影响,长音 psalm father garage6Calm palmmiragecamouflagemom 单元音的时候口型为大口型 [a],但由于卷舌音或者鼻音的影响,口型有所收 敛,口型大小到[?]就可以,在 Longman 词典中的美式发音一般标为[Dn][D?]。 大家在松弛状态下,尽量把口型读得大一点。 [a][r]不在同一个音节的时候也 如是。 Wrong song long pond on correspond sponsor compensate comrade common sponge bondage orange Tom pomp tomorrow sorrow oral quarrel borrowChoose an answer with pronunciation [a] in each sentence from the four choices and read the sentence aloud. 1. Bob forgot to __________ his door. A. close B. lock C. browse 2. He’s at ____________ with his boss. A. old B. odds C. outrage 3. Every dog’s got his _________. A. sport B. game C. reward 4. Cops take to ______________. A. fortresses B. clouds C. ghostsD. rouseD. orbitD. lotD. gossips5. Bob_________ God that he will offer his dog a box. A. provokes B. proves to C. promisesD. reports to6. Bob tried to _____________himself, but he could not. A. compose B. arouse C. choose D. bother 7. The model whose hobby is _______ music lost her job in Hollywood. A. folk B. loud C. classic D. popular 8. Why not ask __________. A. Todd B. TedC. ToadD. Tim9. There is a __________in the bottom of the pot. A. loser B. rooster C. dough 10. The _________ lost her clock in Los Angeles. A. mole B. countess C. accountantD. lobsterD. model11. I dropped the __________ while crossing the street.7 A. folioB. fossilC. folderD. founder12. They adopted a new _________for making steel. A. folk B. boy C. process D. toast 13. The doctor ate an ___________. A. octopus B. orange C. orthodoxD. oasis14. It’s uncommon that Jack and Bob are __________ together. A. stolen B. moving C. choked D. shopping 15. Bob locked the dog in his ________ and forgot it. A. office B. outfit C. forest D. fortress Iv. A Doggerel Play of Pronunciation He that Promises The one that promises a lot will take a lot, like a god whose occupation is to mock at the honest and snob with his boss. He has not an
He has not a pocket but filled with lottery. His job may not look as solid like rock but he got as much as Golfer and Potter. Worship him not, nor chop his head off, Coz he stops and doffs and smiles a lot your door he knocks and pops up as an optimist. Hate him not, A coffee hot often than not will properly produce in his eyes the softest drops of humanity.一组辅音 [p]: 爆破音,气流从唇间冲出 pop flop stop cop pad captain help cup step lap Bump hump dump stump hip hope jeep keep lip peep map stamp cap escape rap flip gap stoop cope nap cheap peck pray paw plumpine pin purse poor poll poem potent pure promise pride plan plot platform people purple pupil apply pale pain pal pen push pull pub produce person8 plump [b]planetpaintpictureperhapsprejudiceprey爆破音,气流从唇间冲出,声带振动 bee buy bought bad band bind bob bead bait bite bird bed berry been but boss Bread bring blind bright breed braid brave Behind boy block beat bid brown bravo begin bubble best before believe betray bend basic base bus book brother broth bumper beautiful bale bell bill bow blend bleak bold Lab cab mob knob ebb nibble lobster snob tub pub tube cube curb crabWeek Two: Pronunciation [? ] 大口型发音。口型在[a]位置咧嘴拉伸。 Word Reading A) Bad dad mad map fat sad back cat hat jack pack rag tap matter gather happen happy ladder pattern passage fantastic spectacular catalogue immaculate paradox B) Laugh glance cancel ask fast last after craft aunt dance land stand sand plan answer candle aircraft understand basketball chance candidPhrase practice: Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [? ] in it according to the marked rhythms and read it out. A happy bag a handsome cab the magic of habit A tap on the back a matter of fact angry apples to capture the lamb rats and cats an Attractive accent a pact of action passionate fans An intact answer a pack of rabbits Candid aspects a flash of anger dramatic Jazz A happy _______________ (I) a handsome ____________(I) the magic of __________( I O) A tap on ___________ (O I) a matter of ___________ (I) angry ______________( I O) to ___________the lamb (I O) rats ____________ (O I) a(n) ______________accent (O I O) a pact of ______________ (I O) ______________ fans (I O O) a(n) _______________answer (I O) a pack of ______________ (I O) Candid______________ (I O) a flash of_____________ (I O) _______________ Jazz (O I O)9 Lack of frankness Lack of _____________ (I O) back to Paris back to ________________( I O) Fancy flags Fancy ______________ (I) exams and matches exams and ______________ (I O) the shadow of grass the _______________ of grass (I O) Fragments and patches ___________ and patches (I O) A planet of glass A planet of ___________ (I) fragile and flat fragile ________ (O I) Clashing daggers _____________ daggers (I O) valid and accurate _____________and accurate (I O) a disastrous outcome a (n) ______________ outcome ( O I O) Pans and cans Pans ____________ (O I) matchless faculty matchless __________ (I O O ) a master ’s craft a master ’s ________ (I) a passage of paradox a passage of ____________( I O O) Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and replace the underlined expression with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [? ] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. Do not ask me, Tom. Ask Janet about it. 2. Both mom and dad will attend my graduation ceremony. 3. Don’t drag me into this business. 4. The magpie lived in a beautiful flat. 5. This package is from Oxford. 6. This is a fascinating frog. 7. Newton had a different response when the apple dropped on his head. 8. The earth needs ecological balance. 9. Grab any possible chance in your life! 10. Doctor Wang was absent from this conference. 11. The advent of atomic power has witnessed a new era. 12. The sponsor was very angry. 13. There’re interesting passages in the comedy. 14. This animal has many habitats. 15. He likes jogging and playing basketball. 16. The piled trash outside his house astonished him. 17. He took random jobs to support the family. 18. In Colorado, Jack was sacked by a robber with a dagger. 19. I like frogs and rabbits. 20. Take care of your body and your family will be glad. 21. Deposits can be made at any branch of the bank. 22. I can't tolerate the speed of my laptop. 23. This handbag makes her a goddess. 24. The scholar used to be a navigator.10 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37.It is obvious that the answers he gave us do not match the questions. Half of the people were watching the game. The cracks in the door invited stars. I can imagine how angry he would be when he knew he has been cheated Look at the cat is in the fog. This shop belongs to my aunt. Can you stand her novel? Aristotle devoted much attention to abstract problems. Some prominent scientists have finally adapted the flat-earth theory. A cat was lost in the cabinet. D ashes to ashes. We have to learn how to act and react. She was attracted by the magic of language.II. Passage Reading: make loud and clear practice on the two vowel sound we have just learned. 1. Add love to a house and you have a home. Add righteousness to a city and you have a community. Add truth to the pile of red bricks and you have a school. Add religion to the humblest of edifices and you have a sanctuary. Add justice to human endeavor and you have civilization. 2. Last night, after our American English expression class, the weather became so bad, because it rained heavily. The only thing we could do was to wait. Half an hour had past, it was raining ever harder, so we decided to go home over in the rain. When I arrived home, my clothes were all wet and I was like a drowned rat. 3. A doctor named Bob came home from the hospital very late. He was so tired that he wanted to have a bath. But to his surprise, the water heater did not work as normal and he could not fix it. So he asked his mom for help. His mom, an old lady with black hair, canceled her original plan for holiday to help her son. She noticed that one pipe in the water heater was broken and fixed it. At last, the doctor took a bath and slept well. 4. It was Saturday and Anne was happy. She had a fat but handsome man. They went shopping and suddenly, a magic hat caught their eyes. 5. Hackers break into your computer not with a hammer but with their talent. They are not like quacks who talk a lot and your massive material will be lost in no time. Though evolution of security mechanism is fast, hackers can always bypass them. So, want to keep away from hacker? Hammer your computer, that's the only way.11 6. There is a fantastic land somewhere in the world. You can cast a glance at the map. Apples there are red and big, cats dance around the dam and carrot and candy drop off the cloud. There’s no bad news or sad things, where happiness reigns forever. 7. When Mary was a little girl, she wanted to be a ballet dancer. So she often asked her aunt, Jane, who was a good dance teacher. But her dad, Mac, didn’t support her because he thought she didn’t have the talent. Thus ended her dance dream. 8. There are many cats on the campus and most are fat because students and other habitants always feed them. They often chat with the cats. 9. A daydream: you have a grandmother who lives in a fantastic castle, but you never know about her existence. Then she dies of cancer and will leave you a tremendous treasure, including the castle. And you will also own her crystal lamps, her beautiful wagon and even her panda! 10. A man walked on the narrow street with a package in hand. In a flash, he was stabbed by a handsome guy who was on the back of a kangaroo. Police said that the man was an advertising manager, pretty good at basketball and fossil fragment analysis. Iii. Sound Bank: Read and remember. Make your English sing. Invest physical and emotional power in word reading. happy bag can fact challenge fan fat hatch have capital gap handsome drag magic damage catch hat laptop analysis Hacker hammer handle hazard immaculate Passion impassionate impassive impact Compatible habit intact contact action Kangaroo nap knack lacerate magnate manifest massive mattress Massacre nomadic Pack pact parallel marry Carry practitioner pragmatic tag Quack ram rankle savage apple add lap chance champion candy gas contrast contract Comparison compatible dam distract Family lantern lamp land language Jacket blanket camel canal matter pan van wax gap wrapper Thank catch cash glad half taxi Actually absolutely aspect rank banner Mass angry fashion catch lack Attitude contract accent national fancy Flag Paris match react application bag can tank rat tan magnet back bamboo cab sacrifice calcium calendar dagger bat mac babble cab cabbage cabin lab fraction lamb lag rack12 began paragraph fragment athlete ambiguous flash paradox advent disaster afterward overlap category capture canteen capacity graph grasp glass frank magic laptop passport grass balance draft traveler valid saturate habit statue relapse drastic gash accusation abstinence that fabricate elapse accurate crab grandmother exam imagine fantastic dragon catastrophe match castle wagon organic salary grand rally madam shadow candidate kidnap barrier tablet scandal lack campaign planet ancestor action actual behalf bath panic damp Abstract battle access badge banish cabinet canyon clash dynamic faculty flat handle hazard mat labyrinth Japanese ladder January satisfy Canada basketball garage Exaggerate Fragile Gallery Glassy Narrow Passage Plaza Random vanish Translation Systematic Staff latter rank channel panel jazz France vocabulary master paradox activity plastic adapt strategy battery botanic characteristic absent animal carrot canteen crab drag ambulance napkin hatch chat calculator platform frankly blast camel Acid angle practical graduate gather gallows harrowing I. A Doggerel Play of Pronunciation: What Dad says Fat is bad, don’t panic nor be glad. Your cat is right: you gotta go back and ask your dad, Who’ll tap your back and make you relax: Money matters not as the fact that time we lack. There is the lad who’s young, and flat, and a little black With an empty bag, but he is happy, kind, Nothing he has, and all in rags, but not shabby, Coz he becomes a daddy, and his lovely lass After class and pour him coffee in his glass. She’s born a dancer and likes to chat She has an answer that pleases dad. Passing the ham, she stamps her feet, Lighting the candle, she handles it neat. So that is what we madly need, Laugh you not, that’s candid indeed. Face will crack, hands will slag Eyes go blank, legs will drag. Money can clank, like music bad All plan to listen, but no one is glad. Gain some weight, don’t’ call it fat13 Sleep good sleeps, as learned from the cat. Coz that’s your battery and create reverie, Thin people crash, and you land safely. 一组辅音的练习 [t] 爆破音,舌尖抵上齿龈,气流从中突出 tape top tap tide time tend tempt talk tall torrent told too token till take tell tongue tie talent ton taint toss turn Plant plot at attempt brought but cut slant dot dote rote mote first rent went Lent bolt faint paint rest lest least feast east eat late sit wait fate gate moment thought ought wrote bent might right street 爆破音,舌尖抵上齿龈,气流从中突出,声带振动 day deed doubt dare dad dude dough deaf dead date deep dive dimple dim dumb doom dump dull dope dale dwell distance disdain defy defiance defend deny denial disc deck duck dark dart Laid read reader aid bed bind cold mold fold id lid middle mead instead find friend fend feed breed fed gold good greed grind grand land lend lead led ladder loud mad mode mind nod need mood old odd paid pad rod red road sad seed sold sudden tide tread trend weed wide wander[d]Home Assignments 1. Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [? ] in it according to the marked rhythms. 1. not ___________( O I) 2. a man ____________(O I) 3. forgot __________( O I) 4. a pot ____________(O I) 5. jog __________( O I) 6. follow ____________( O I ) 7. mock ________ (O I) 8. adopt ___________( O I ) 9. a ________ world (O I) 10. to wash _________ (O I)14 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30.a(n)_______________ fox ( I O ) a(n) _________ frog (I O) ______________rots(I O) ______________rock (I O) a ____________ shop (I O) proper __________ (I O) positive______________( I O) ___________ moths (I O) a pocket of _________( I O) a(n) ___________ job ( I O) ____________ music (I O O) _______________ economy (I O O) a(n)_____________option (I O O) frosty ___________( I O O) ______________ smog (I O O) a prophet ’s ___________ (I O O) ______________ offer (O I O) To polish ___________ (O I O) a bottle ___________( O I O) _________________dolphin (O I O)2. Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and fill in the blanks with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [? ] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. It’s so __________ in here. 2. I’ve got to get a ________________ degree. 3. Doctor, check the ______________please. 4. My pocket is full of ________________. 5. His office is _____________ from the volleyball court. 6. ______________ is an idea, not real. 7. ____________ is the product of modern science. 8. He ______________ his failure of his office. 9. _______________ loves pop music. 10. Every doctrine in this book is _______________. 11. Do not ___________ my frog! Bob! 12. They spotted the lobster under a huge _____________. 13. He has ______________this problem. 14. He forgot the _________when the clock started to ring. 15. He never got the _____________. 16. There are lots of ____________in front of the lobby. 17. That is a solid no for your_________.15 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25.A ___________________ is sitting in the clock. A fox was saved by a big ____________in the flood. Tom’s major is sociology, while Jim’s is _____________. Their common hobby is _________________. God invents _______________to make life meaningful. It is not easy to accomplish the ___________ on this foggy and hot day! Bob promised his ___________ to do better on theology and geography. My dog’s hobby is to jump on top of a _____________.3. Choose an answer with pronunciation [? ] in it for each sentence from the four choices below and read the sentence aloud. 1. The ___________answered frankly. A. danger B. ranger C. dancer D. farmer 2. People _________ away in panic. A. run B. ran C. ring D. faint 3. They are standing on the ___________, hand in hand. A. A. plane B. platform C. poster D. tower 4. I haven’t even started ___________ yet. A. A. staying B. packing C. slaying D. painting 5. Janet wants to have a _________with me. A. A. choice B. child C. chat D. chain 6. Sally missed her train_________ night. A. A. late B. last C. lately D. latest 7. That’s too bad. She must be __________. A. shattered B. shocked C. shaken D. shot 8. They __________ the chickens in the napkin. A. A. held B. hatched C. harnesses D. hogged 9. Pass the ________ to me, Jack. A. A. harmer B. hopper C. hammer D. hailor 10. Face the fact and accept the _________. A. A. change B. chopper C. charmer D. challenge 11. The writer has a fashion column in a magazine. A. A. plane B. magazine C. market D. mocker 12. They must have a proper _____________. A. A. armor B. orange C. almanac D. opportunity. 13. The black robot can’t take a _____________. A. A. boss B. base C. bath D. barn 14. How about spending our holidays at ______________ University? A. A. Harvard B. Hopkins C. New Orleans D. Stanford 15. I am on the top of the _______. A. A. lottery B. laden C. ladder D. locker16 Week Three: [o] 这个音是一个圆唇的音。发音时,舌后部向软腭抬起,舌面平儿后缩。肌 肉紧张,双唇呈圆形,突出。如果这个音的后面是清辅音,美语里面读成[ou] Word reading No so go boat both coat dote foe float flow hope joke load low moan nose note pope post quote road rote those toad toe vote woke zone known noble bone woe most ago over open pose local though smoke photo notice devote promote frozen provoke revoke quotation sorrow morose arose Phrase practice: Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [o] in it according to the marked rhythms and read it out. An old pope To hold to hope A hero’s motive focus on the toes close the window Moan and groan echoes of tomorrow the role of foes Rose and lotus unload your woes the devoted folks to Provoke ghosts poems and quotes tomatoes and potatoes snow on the meadow the goats in the photo Boasts and slogans choked by jokes mottos of the toad Morose and remote hollow and narrow the frozen roads Grow and flow A(n)_____________pope (I) to __________ hope (I O) a hero’s _________ ( I O) focus on __________( O I ) close __________ (O I O) ______ (I) and ______ (I) echoes of ___________ (O I O) the role of __________ (I) rose and _________ (I O) unload __________ (O I) the _____________folks (O I O) to ___________ghosts (O I) poems __________ (O I) tomatoes and __________ (O I O) snow on the ___________ (I O) _________in the photo (I) boasts and ___________ (I O) __________ jokes (I O) mottos of _________( O I) ___________ and remote (O I) hollow and _________ ( I O) the frozen __________ (I) grow and ________( I)17 Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and replace the underlined expression with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [o] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. Hope never says no to those who go after truth. 2. Joe was always loaded with jokes. 3. All roads lead to Rome. 4. Roll up your sleeves and here we go! 5. Are you going to take some time off? Two weeks I hope. 6. Why did Joe go to Iowa ? Who knows? 7. You’ll have to buy your own ticket though. 8. Are you broke again? 9. The map shows that this street goes downtown. 10. She understood there will be many obstacles and opponents on the academic road. 11. Tom tried all kinds of approaches to make his boss happy. 12. There is no choice but go back to the hotel. 13. I could see the yellow sky through the window. 14. Most of them noticed that they had to work overtime. 15. A long time ago, a black cat and a joking dog lived together happily. 17. It is snowing outside now. Put on your coat and let’s go skating on the frozen lake! 18. Go across the road and you will find the grocery. 19. Buy me a kilo of potatoes. 20. The slogan on the window said heroes always focus on tomorrow. 21. The old man stole the apples and no one knew anything about it. 23. The widow wanted to unfold the envelope that the hero has left on the road. 24. So I prayed on New Year ’s Eve that everyone should go back home. 26. This film follows the old story of a hero defeating his foes. 27. Heroes in fairy tales were easy-going and never got old. 28. A hero opened the window to fetch the frozen tomato. 29. Joe and I have no choice but go boating. 30. I hope to take a photo in my new coat tomorrow. 31. He came to a remote village and devoted his life to special education. II. Passage reading. 1. When I looked out the window, I saw a fat cat arguing with a dog who wore a black hat. The cat lost her map, and she thought the bad dog stole it. She asked why? He said:”No, it’s only a joke”, and he used his nose to rub the cat's soft toes. Obviously, the dog fell in love with the cat. So they eloped. 2. In many developed countries, because of high level of the medical treatment and the good social welfare system, the population’s aging process is rapid and at the same time causing too many problems to society. For some countries,18 compared with the economic scale, the aging problem seems not to be that bad. But, for others, an aging population is going to be a challenge for both public health and economic development. In this situation, some may ask: Is there any hope to solve this problem? To solve this problem will be a very long-term project. 3. Joe, a well-known doctor who has a very happy family says the key to happiness is to treat what you do as a hobby more than responsibility. He works carefully and also full of passion .Moreover, he uses his spared time to treat the local old people free of charge and writes novels, some of which are even published in very popular magazines. 4. Whose woods these are I think I know. His house is in the village, He will not see me stopping here To watch his woods fill up with snow. 5. Even though your new “career” has begun, you can’t afford to stop thinking about your future income. Chances are, you are going to need it for many years to come. You have to plan today for a more secure tomorrow. Don’t let go of any chance and hold fast to your hope! 6. I hope that pope is a cat, not a frog. I may even laugh if he is not wearing his known rag. I guess this passage is going to make him mad, but it is only my hobby, though without logic. Don’t have any crush on pope, pope is only a mythology.iii. Sound Bank: Old sold hold hope slope dope dose those close float coat fold folks soap toad road toes hoe woe foe flow grow crow glow aglow motive devote vote both bold boast blow behold roan moan slogan lotus focus dote drove devote erode elope envelope forebode adobe aloe forego goat remote joke hoax hole hallow hallo hollow hero tomato radio window widow hello echo arrow tomorrow follow meadow motto logo kilo loan load unload low volcano tornado open local location marrow narrow memo doze wrote close okay clone pope phone prone promote frozen poke spoke provoke revoke woke quote quotation cote mosquito most sorrow morose rose arose rope roast toast ago rodent role payroll portfolio enfold soul shoulder shown so strode strove19 rove zero zone unfoldchoke emotion condole moldsnow toad lotion promotion console soak grope bogusphoto oat Arosepotato opponent strollyoke gross enfold美式英语中[or]的音: Glorious sports force pour portrait portion notorious bore boring core aboard support laborious shore story 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. ignore foresee foreman foresight port import proportion mourning boredom porter portent toward portable roar soar laboratoryHe was bored of the ignored life in the laboratory. The porter walked toward the sea. The days aboard were boring. Oh, look at the downpour. He was a notorious economist.IV. A Doggerel Play of Pronunciation: Go and catch the floating boat Down the road of summer snow! Joe and Jack, Bob and Rose, Thos jokers at pokers, posers in the photos, those who flow into the old Rome! Go and meet the noble ghost and ask for a dose from this bogy host, Those who know what love and hope can show the best and hide the most. But no one saw the floating boat down the road of summer snow. Only those immortal souls with toes of air and hair of crows, in grace grow and in love glow with mottos none but cares aflow can hold for a blissful moment of woe the transient sight of the floating boat down the road of summer snow!20 一组辅音的训练 [k] 爆破音,嘴巴微张,舌后部向软腭抬起,气流轻轻冲出 Cap cast crack captain keep kind Kate quick quite curse curd cold creed crate cuddle cure kept quake quill cool calm quest question quote kill quiet tranquility cute quack call crowd cradle craze crazy collect Like black lick hook mike pack stick ache work beak break broke block lurk coke deck fake folk freak frank frighten freckle book brook hawk hack sack jack leak look lock meek smack neck nick oak peak poke spook rake sack sank think click week bleak flock rook lack pick ink[g] 爆破音,嘴巴微张,舌后部向软腭抬起,气流轻轻冲出,声带振动 glad gas gap gallop gold great god goat gee goose girdle girl guide gild gill go get forget got greed gray guilt grind grow grove grocery gram good Egg leg dig fog catalogue drag hog plague frog jog agog blog beg bag lag rogue langue yogurt yoga big dog monologueHome Assignments 1. Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [o] in it according to the marked rhythms. 1. A happy _______________ (I) 2. a handsome ____________(I) 3. the magic of __________( I O) 4. A tap on ___________ (O I) 5. a matter of ___________ (I) 6. angry ______________( I O) 7. to ___________the lamb (I O) 8. rats ____________ (O I) 9. a(n) ______________accent (O I O) 10. a pact of ______________ (I O) 11. ______________ fans (I O O) 12. a(n) _______________answer (I O) 13. a pack of ______________ (I O) 14. Candid______________ (I O)21 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31.a flash of_____________ (I O) _______________ Jazz (O I O) Lack of _____________ (I O) back to ________________( I O) Fancy ______________ (I) exams and ______________ (I O) the _______________ of grass (I O) ___________ and patches (I O) A planet of ___________ (I) fragile ________ (O I) _____________ daggers (I O) _____________and accurate (I O) a (n) ______________ outcome ( O I O) Pans ____________ (O I) matchless __________ (I O O ) a master ’s ________ (I) a passage of ____________( I O O)Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and fill in the blanks with a word or an expression with Pronunciation: [o] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Do not ask me, Tom. Ask __________about it. Both mom and _______________ will attend my graduation ceremony. Don’t _____________ me into this business. The magpie got a beautiful ______________ in the maple tree. This ______________is from Oxford. Newton would’ve had a different response if a had dropped on his head. 7. The earth needs ecological ________________. 8. _____________any possible chance in your life! 9. Doctor Wang was ___________ from this conference. 10. The ____________ of atomic power has witnessed a new era. 11. The sponsor was very _______________. 12. There’re interesting ____________ in the comedy. 13. This animal has many ____________. 14. He likes jogging and playing ______________. 15. The piled ___________ outside his house astonished him. 16. He took ____________ jobs to support the family. 17. In Colorado, Jack was ____________ by a robber with a dagger. 18. I like frogs and ___________. 19. Take care of your body and your family will be ___________. 20. Deposits can be made at any ____________ of the bank. 21. I can't tolerate the speed of my ____________.22 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28. 29. 30. 31. 32. 33. 34. 35.This ____________ makes her a goddess. The scholar used to be a ______________. It is obvious that the answers he gave us do not __________the questions. __________ of the people were watching the game. The______________ in the door invited stars. I can _________ how angry he would be when he knew he has been cheated Look at the __________in the fog. This shop belongs to my ___________. Can you _____________her novel? Aristotle devoted much attention to _____________ problems. Some prominent scientists have finally __________ the flat-earth theory. A cat was lost in the ____________. We have to learn how to act and__________. She was ___________ by the magic of language.Choose an answer with pronunciation [o] in it for each sentence from the four choices below. 1. When I opened the door this morning, I was surprised that it had ________ last night. A. shone B. thawed C. snowed D. stopped 2. An old man wore a black coat standing by the road and holding _______ in his hands. A. roses B. thoughts C. robbers D. rocks 3. Oh, Gosh! Look at the ________! A. dog B. downpour C. cat D. snobs 4. The old widow __________ her goat to them. A. bestowed B. donated C. threw D. stew 5. Hope is so indispensable that the _______you lose it, there will be no tomorrow. A. hour B. spot C. moment D. minute 6. You have been working in the _________ in such a cold weather. A. laboratory B. office C. shop D. house 7. I hope you will not forget to ____________ the widow. A. consult B. console C. commend D. call 8. An old toad __________ its head out of the window and saw a potato taking photo on the road. A. poised B. popped C. poked D. propped 9. The boy wants to grow __________ in the snow. A. tomatoes B. tower C. time D. toddlers 10. It is known that he __________all his money to those homeless children. A. devoured B. devoted C. dissolved D. developed 11. We should focus on local folks, not the _______ which sound big and empty. A. programs B. problems C. slogans D. slaughters23 12. The pope told the folks on the road:& never give up your right to _______.& A. avoid B. vote C. vend D. vary 13. The old man could not feel his _________, for it was really cold. A. talks B. toes C. tops D. tendrils 14. Thoreau encourages poets to suck out the __________ of life. A. crops B. freedom C. marrow D. mammals 15. This small country is famous for its volcanoes and ______________. A. torrents B. tornadoes C. tides D. templesWeek Four [e] 中、前、不圆唇元音。基本上和英音[ei]一致,发音位置在音译的[ei] 和[e]之间。 但美语中的读法经常是一气呵成, 不是一个非常明显的元音, 我们这里一定把它当成一个单元音来读。 Word reading ace ache bait cable date day ate fate gate gay hey haze jade late lazy mate may maid make pay paid quake rate ray raze say laid stay tape wait age take babe sake case mace race hail tale whale sale stale male blame lame faint rain stain main lane blade able neighbor nation patient paper maple fatal crazy lazy payment patent laser amazing racialism neighborhood simultaneous spontaneous occupation obligation hesitation transportation restraint Phrase practice: Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [e] in it according to the marked rhythms and read it out. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. A graceful face nation and neighborhood Fame and age The slave in the cave To blame and hate To grade the papers tamed or brave Greatest names a ____________ face (I O) nation and _________(I O O) fame and __________(/) the _________ in the cave (I) to blame and _______(/) to _________ the papers (/) ________ or brave (/) ___________ names (I O)24 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27.Rain and haze the day breaks the face in the frame the flame of angels to wake up snakes chase the ape The shape of a grape To shave the face ancient sages Complaints and claims saints and savior gains and wastes to Remain grateful to betray his faith the relay race A pail of daisies the weight of praise faint bewailing a plaintive acquaintancerain and ______ (/) _________ breaks (O I) _________ in the frame (O I) the flame of _______ (I O) to wake up ________(/) to chase _________( O I) ________ of a grape (O I) to ________ the face (/) _________ sages (I O) _______ and claims (O I) saints and _______(I O) ________ and wastes (/) to remain ________(I O) to ______ his faith (O I) the ______ race (I O) a pail of ______(I O) the weight of _____ (/) faint ________( O I O) a plaintive _____ (O I O)Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and replace the underlined expression with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [e] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. The beautiful lady went to the gate with her lazy maid. 2. I was unable to look at him in the face. 3. He made up a tale that made his wife gay. 4. Kate never works late but she is well paid. 5. The patient paled at the sight of his neighbor. 6. He listens to the tape and plays a game called greedy snake. 7. Could you drop these letters in the mailbox on your way? 8. They claimed that a successful reform has been shaped. 9. Jane should chase whales in the sea rather. 10. His maid was graceful to help him find a great job. 11. I must be crazy if I ask her about age and weight. 12. My neighbor Grace was greatly afraid of snakes. 13. It was amazing that Bob came into the small cage and then played games with the snake in it. 14. The embrace from her mate made her brave. 15. Don’t blame yourself: your effort isn’t in vain. 16. The slave was grateful to the saint ’s praise. 17. Hey, your lazy cat ate up the whole cake. 18. On a raining day, they came across the sage.25 19. I’ve stayed home for about twenty days. 20. People claim that it’s not safe to travel by train. 21. Hey, my little boy, you have to wait until you lose some weight. 22. The author claims that the result is painful. 23. Female customers will complain that our cake shapes like a snake. 24. The steak wants to take a photo with a potato. 25. Grace is afraid that she may be late for the stage. 26. Anyway, he writes a play of five pages for the delegation. 27. I’m afraid we will be late for that play. 28. The rabbit lived in a cave near a lake with an amazing neighbor snake. 29. It conveys an everlasting truth that virtue will ultimately prevail over evil. 30. There is much information on his home page. II. Passage Reading: 1. Summers were scorching, and when no rain came and the wheat became bleached and dried, the faces of the farmers would not smile much. A strange place it was, that place where the world began. A place of incredible happenings, splendors and revelations. 2. One day, a fat lazy dog and a thin cat wanted to play the see-saw game. The dog was the coach. He promised that it was the most popular game and can make you laugh all day long. 3. Those days I felt awful and mad, because I got a toothache. Now it makes it hard to fall asleep. So after a baseball class in the morning, I could not wait to go and see a doctor. Although I’m lazy and the local PKU hospital that enjoys its reputation as the &Small-West-Sky.& 4. Shopping mall is a fabulous place. It always has what you want, like lace tablecloths, baby toys, bracelets. Once walking into the mall, no one can resist the temptation. She is like a whale soaring high, hailing and roaring,5. Boredom is a fatal blade. but never fall.6. Nowadays, we are faced with more environmental problems. If we hope to live a happy life, we should call on everyone to take responsibility. 7. A fashionable lady with delicate makeup walked slowly across the road and went into a coffee shop with an ancient flavor. She ordered a cup of coffee, walked straight to the piano in the corner, sat down elegantly and then began to play. Sounds were all about the house, like boat wandering in the quiet lake,26 causing small waves. The boss was attracted by her charm and hoped she would never go. 8. The memory of that day always haunts Jane. The lake, the rain and the fatal event. It was a day when she lost her paintings and maids and the newly made vase. What was worse was the fact fate has taken away her man. 9. Lots of people are not optimists, even can’t make positive decisions when facing problems. In fact, happiness can’t last forever and people trap themselves in despair. However, hope is so indispensable that the moment you lose it, there will be no tomorrow. So do not complain or evade, just face the failure, and you will take control of your fate.10. When you are faced with blames and pains, plain complaint is a waste of time. Anyway, you should stay with your aim, slow your pace and remain brave.Iii. Sound Bank: Grace race disgrace face deface trace embrace braid raid aid mate pace place amaze interface space trade brave blade blame aim fame tame lame name grade great fade fail degrade jade invade evade slave cave spade safe age maid wage cage hate ate afraid rain drain page engage stage bakery wake break cake fake rake overtake sake shake lake snake male female whale ale sale scale shame game flame frame lane pane pain sane insane simultaneous spontaneous ape tape grape cape paper pave pavement shape case base lace chase erase maze case grateful plate relate skate grave concave shave glaze detail trail rail bewail hail nail pail prevail retail sail claim exclaim reclaim proclaim train attain remain domain acquaint against ancient vain complain complaint plaintive main entertain contain explain faint gain obtain stain saint waist praise daisy faith faithful waste veil weight neighbor ray way away anyway array stray tray clay betray display decay hay essay say layer wave navy pray relay prey convey surveyIV.A Doggerel Play of Pronunciation: The day’s head down, now it is tail Like food gone stale, and covers the trace of the vale27 in the shade. You ate and now in patience wait for the rain to stop before it is too late. The ancient moon remains unchanged and contains the story of an angel with maid, but in the domain of chilly rain darkness stained the face of fate and no light comes to sustain the weight of the rainy day. As each stayed in office for pay but what a shame the boss came not, nor did his babe, so clouds and rain, rain and haze bury the day and waste your arrangement in haste. The day’s head down, but the rain makes you wait and bewail. 一组辅音的练习 [f] 唇齿摩擦音,上齿轻轻咬住下唇,气流从中挤出 Fat fasten fact fracture feed fade friend find folk fought fat fresh food fool faint fog figure fed fine fight Freud afraid freak foe free fry fly flea frock flog flag freckle fire flee fie phone phony fort Hoof bluff sofa [v] knife if puff stuff coffee soft staff off tough cough comfort triumph enough often muffin office baffle唇齿摩擦音,上齿轻轻咬住下唇,气流从中挤出,声带振动 Vast vastness valves halves very ever vent void vote vary various love glove wave move involve resolve solve shove oven save nave navy envy envious leave brave carve live active conceive perceive receiveHome Assignments 1. Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [e] in it according to the marked rhythms. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. A(n)_____________pope (I) __________ hope (I O) a hero’s _________ ( I O) focus on __________( O I ) close __________ (O I O)28 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23.______ (I) and ______ (I) echoes of ___________ (O I O) the role of __________ (I) rose and _________ (I O) unload __________ (O I) the _____________folks (O I O) to ___________ghosts (O I) poems __________ (O I) tomatoes and __________ (O I O) snow on the ___________ (I O) _________in the photo (I) boasts and ___________ (I O) __________ jokes (I O) mottos of _________( O I) ___________ and remote (O I) hollow and _________ ( I O) frozen __________ (I) grow and ________( I)2. Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and fill in the blanks with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [e] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. Hope never says no to_____________ who go after truth. Joe was always _____________ with jokes. All roads lead to ___________. Are you going to take some time off? Two weeks I __________. Why did Joe go to____________? Who knows? You’ll have to buy your ____________ticket though. Are you _____________ again? The map __________ that this street goes downtown. She knows there will be many obstacles and __________on the academic road. Tom tried all kinds of__________ to make his boss happy. There is no choice but go back to the ___________. I could see the ____________ sky through the window. Most of them __________ that they had to work overtime. A long time ago, a black cock and a __________dog lived together happily. It is ________ outside now. Put on your coat and let’s go skating on the frozen lake! Go across the road and you will find the __________. Buy me a kilo of____________. The slogan on the ____________said heroes always focus on tomorrow. The old man ___________apples two years ago.29 20. The widow wanted to unfold the _________ that the hero has left on the road. 21. So I __________everyone can achieve his own success. 22. This film follows the old story of a hero defeating the___________. 23. A long time ago, heroes were __________ and never got old. 24. __________ and I have no choice but go boating. 25. I hope to take a __________ in my new coat tomorrow. 3. Choose an answer with pronunciation [e] in it for each sentence from the four choices below and read the sentence aloud. 1. It amazed everyone that the snake________ from the cage and ran away. A. transferred B. escaped C. fled D. managed 2. What a shame, the _________ daisy was eaten by the disgraceful ape. A. fantastic B. deranged C. majestic D. gorgeous 3. A real brave man will not complain and can remain _______ and faithful. A. complacent B. contented C. impeccable D. agreeable 4. The maid gave a warm embrace to the slave for his ________. A. passion B. patience C. pattern D. placidness 5. Grace claimed that pollution has ________the planet A. deformed B. defaced C. defeated D. destroyed 6. This paper introduces a new way to the research on ________. A. wheat B. whales C. laggards D. gadgets 7. When I was your age, I wished that I could _______a baby whale in the lake. A. rise B. raise C. rock D. ransack 8. They complained that the plan has been _______. A. disliked B. disowned C. feigned D. abandoned 9. The government ________ that someone must be responsible anyway. A. resented B. responded C. restated D. resounded 10. Males are _______ when they lost a game while females will be shy when they don’t make up. A. shammed B. nationalist C. ashamed D. natural 11. Male or female, we tend to ___________ complimentary comments. A. refuse B. welcome C. embrace D. befriend 12. He has a baby face and seems not to grow ________ever. A. sagged B. ragged C. shabby D. aged 13. Day after day, they gathered in the cabin to ________ the future of the nation. A. address B. arrange C. arrest D. advertise 14. He came to a remote village and _______his life to special education. A. devoted B. dedicated C. sacrifice D. contribute 15. They raced out in a _________ and jumped on their opponents. A. anger B. rage C. sadness D. insanity30 Week Five: [?] 读这个音时,降低下颚,肌肉稍微紧张,舌后部提高,双唇呈圆形,突 出。英音中的 thought 和 call 在美语中都发这个音。 law fall bought sought awe call saw halt draw walk thaw hawk fought thought tall taught raw cause broad jaw ought always brought pause naughty pauper water awful lawful alter Falcon Haughty dawdle nauseous Awkward strawberry caution raunchy slaughter Phrase practice: Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [?] in it according to the marked rhythms and read it out. A See-saw mall The lawn of fauns claws of hawks awkward alternative False calls a cautious lawyer an awful autumn an awesome mall a strawberry auction a Naughty daughter audacious audience the augur of August Already caught The exhausted Paul authentic altogether Undaunted authors To audit a talk To pause and applaud To Alter the laws all the salt the Fallen Falcons bawling and crawling bald and awestruck a(n)________ mall (I O) the lawn of __________ (/) _______________ hawks (I O) ___________alternative (I O) _________ calls (/) a(n) ________ lawyer (I O) an awful _______ (I O) an awesome _______ (/) a(n)_______ auction (I O O) a naughty __________(I O) ________ audience (O I O) the _________ August ( I O) _________ caught (O I O) the _________ Paul (O I O) __________ altogether ( O I O) __________ authors (O I O) to ________ a talk (I O) to pause and _____ (O I) to alter _______ (O I) all ________ (O I) the fallen ______ (I O) bawling and _____(I O) bald and _______ (I O)[?r] 口型比[or]稍大。建议单独记忆下列单词。不过也不必太过在意,对话中 小一点一基本不影响交流。31 Corn award retort absorb 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.lord sort afford form corner adore forest distort board divorce reform short stormhorse chord according gorgeous fork horror morning north orderI thought you were picking Paul up at the air port? He saw her sobbing in the corner. Virtue is its own reward. She put everything in order. The short man retorted. Moreover, they went to a small lake on a morbid morning.Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and replace the underlined expression with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [?] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. I have to make a call. I am talking to my daughter. Do you have a ball-pen I could borrow? Where is the one you bought last week? The chair is already falling apart. Our basketball team has won every game as always. Isn’t that because of the awesome coach? The night before, rain had fallen. The shop was already pawned. I almost fainted. I bet it was a(n) awful divorce. Paul was appalled by the fat naughty dog he bought. I walked there and sought for comfort from them. They brought me a raincoat, because the rain was already falling. What he talked about was funny to a fault. He was cautious not to cause any trouble.I. Sound Bank: Sauce Automatic See-saw alter Alternate Alternative Also Already Altogether Although Ball Factorial Falcon Fault Faun Gall Haughty Haul hall ball balk bald brawn dawdle dawn false falter fraught haughty lawn laud mall maul maw nauseous pall paltry wall waltz vault Hawk Halt Awesome Awkward Tawny Paw Raw claw lawyer drawer malt fallen balk salt daughter faucet haul pause yawn author small although yawn32 almost aureole strawberry audition audit awkward audience autumn awestruck all almighty already alright audacious audible augment augur August auspicious autism automobile authentic autumn bawl baulk caution because cautious broadcast withdraw daunt autobiography applause nausea daub drawn exalt fraud gall gnaw caught pawn paucity raucous raunchy strawberry laud caught awfully although craw rawness sawyer shawl fallback maunder gawk gawp bawd Paul caw pawnshop naughty Incautious audacity Recall auction precaution walnut Exhausted cauterize slaughter walkman lawsuit Auburn auditorium wall talk sawfly sawdust sawbones sawmillII. A Doggerel Play of Pronunciation: The law of nature fills one with awe: When leaves fall and crickets cease to talk Hawks, Jaws open, on rocks pause amongst autumn colors, Life, a little bald, recalls the princes and paupers and causes them to halt and listen to nature’s calling, which is appalling at the thought of winter, raw and rough, tall and haughty. All of a sudden, green waters and golden rewards of summer and fall will be thoughtlessly taken back by the naughty daughter of the Lord. In the windy corners of stonewalls one saw Winter drawing close and safely installed In the hordes of souls walking towards the city. The law of nature never fails to fill one with awe And thaw the body and gnaws at the heart of all. 一组辅音的练习 [s] 嘴微张,牙齿稍稍分开,舌尖轻抵上齿龈 So sold rose soul seed sat sorry side slide sway soft sink sad silly simple sunny super superior stable student same silver slim sniper snail squad sweet soon seen seem sea stick sick sudden supper spring suffer September soothe soup soap stare sire civil serve service subway son Sob snob save survey nice mice house horse ace ice lice boss bus case is as whereas33 this messface pacelace juicefence lance force wise pass lass usguessless(发音以清辅音结尾的单词变复数后或单数第三人称发|S|音) Books looks locks mocks socks sucks stops mops flops jumps jeeps roofs gulfs hoofs grapes gaps [ ?]whoops beliefs嘴唇微微撅起,上下齿靠拢,舌尖向上抬至齿龈较后的部位,向外吹气 show shoulder shown shoe sheep ship shine should shoulder she shy shed shadow shade shone sure shake shrewd share sheet shape shock shut shout shun shun shuffle shown Shrek shy Clash splash British flash crash rush crush slush ash fish dish Spanish smash mash reddish English Swedish Spanish push cash bash flush flesh wash leash[θ]齿间摩擦音,舌尖位于上下齿间,轻触,气流从齿间出 throw throat loath oath think thought thank three thousand thread thick thatch mouth smooth tooth math thunder Thursday thumb through thrill thrift thresh thread syntheticthigh south thirsty thief[?]齿间摩擦音,舌尖位于上下齿间,轻触,气流从齿间出,声带振动 those without scythe neither loathe that there thee then thus this than breathe mother father brother thou either further Home Assignments these seethe theyThough within soothe leather1. Fill in the blanks with an expression with pronunciation [?] in it according to the marked rhythms. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. a ____________ face (I O) nation and _________(I O O) fame and __________(/) the _________ in the cave (I) to blame and _______(/) to _________ the papers (/) ________ or brave (/) ___________ names (I O)34 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25.rain and ______ (/) _________ breaks (O I) _________ in the frame (O I) the flame of _______ (I O) to wake up ________(/) to chase _________( O I) to ________ the face (/) _________ sages (I O) _______ and claims (O I) saints and _______(I O) ________ and wastes (/) to remain ________(I O) to ______ his faith (O I) the ______ race (I O) a pail of ______(I O) the weight of _____ (/) faint ________( O I O)2. Sentence Practice: follow the syntax and fill in the blanks with a word or an expression with Pronunciation [?] in it either by inventing a new one or by choosing one keep in mind the fluency and rhythm in English. 1. The beautiful lady went to the gate with her __________maid. 2. I was ____________ to look at him in the face. 3. He made up a __________ that made his wife gay. 4. ________ never works late but she is well paid. 5. The patient paled at the sight of his ____________. 6. He listens to the__________, and plays a game called greedy snake. 7. They claimed that a successful reform has been ___________. 8. Jane should __________ whales in the sea rather. 9. His maid was __________ to help him find a great job. 10. I must be __________if I ask her about age and weight. 11. My neighbor Grace was greatly __________of snakes. 12. It was _________ that Bob came into the small cage and then played games with the snake in it. 13. The embrace from her mate made her ________. 14. The slave was grateful for the _________ praise. 15. Hey, your lazy cat ate up the whole ____________. 16. On a raining day, they came across _______. 17. I __________ home for about twenty days. 18. People _________ that it’s not safe to travel by train. 19. Hey, my little boy, you have to ________ until you lose some weight. 20. The author claims that the result is ___________.35 21. 22. 23. 24. 25. 26. 27. 28.Female customers will complain that our cake shapes like a _________. The steak wants to take a photo with a _________. Grace is afraid that she may be late for the ________. Anyway, he writes a play of five pages for the _________. I’m afraid we will be late for ________. The rabbit lived in a cave near a ____ with an amazing neighbor snake. It conveys an everlasting truth that virtue will ultimately _______evil. There is much __________ on his home page.3. Choose an answer with pronunciation [?] in it for each sentence from the four choices below and read the}

我要回帖

更多关于 句子成份的省略 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信