he said i must be total wrongwho slept with heryou. Because they do not know that maybe using condom

They think they’ , they are completely wrong.A.butB.althoughC.thoughD.however 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
&&They&think&they’re&&____,&they&are&completely&wrong.A.butB.althoughC.thoughD.however
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:高一英语Unit10 Money单元质量评估(北师大版必修4) 北师大版
  T- uniforms in School uniforms are becoming more and more popular across the U.S.A..That's no surprise, because they offer many benefits.
  They immediately end the powerful social sorting and labeling(标记)that come from clothing.If all students are dressed in the same way, they will not pay too much attention to their clothing, and some of them will not be laughed at for wearing the“wrong”clothes.
  Some people are against the strict rule of school uniforms, but they do not realize that students already accept a kind of rule-wanting to look just like their friends.The difference is that the clothing students choose for themselves cre school uniforms tear those barriers down.
  As in other places, uniforms remind the wearers of their purposes and duties.For example, when a man or woman puts on a police uniform, he or she becomes, for a time, the symbol(象征)of law and order.The uniform means to the wearer his or her special duties and sends the same message to everyone the wearer meets.People with different jobs wear uniforms of one kind or another.For students, the school uniform reminds them that their task for the six or seven hours they are in school is to get an education.
  Some parents are unhappy about uniforms, saying that school uniforms will affect their children's“creativity”.First, as noted above, the clothes students choose to wear do not necessarily express their individuality(个性).They just copy their classmates.Second, students have the rest of the day to be as creative as they like.While they're in school, their job is to master reading, writing, this would take up all the creativity they have.Mastery of those skills will be good for the students to build up their creativity in every way.
In Paragraph 1, the word“benefits”probably means ________.
differences
advantages
From the passage we learn that uniforms in general ________.
prevent the wearers from being laughed at
help the wearers keep their duties in mind
are seen as a symbol of power
help to create social barriers
Some people are against school uniforms because ________.
they fail to realize that students have accepted the uniforms
they believe that uniforms will make students less creative
they don't agree that uniforms can remove social barriers
they think that school uniforms are too popular
来源:训练必修五英语北师版 北师版
  Meth what works   1   for some students doesn’t work at all for others.The only thing you can do is experiment   2   you find a system that does work for you.But two things are sure:  3   else can do your studying for you, and unless you do find a system that works, you won’t although college.Meantime, there are a few rules that   4   for everybody.The hint is “don’t get   5  ”.
  The problem of studying,   6   enough to start with, becomes almost   7   when you are trying to do   8   in one weekend.  9   the fastest readers have trouble   10   that.And if you are behind in written work that must be   11  , the teacher who accepts it   12   late will probably not give you good credit.Perhaps he may not accept it   13  .Getting behind in one class because you are spending so much time on another is really no   14  .Feeling pretty virtuous about the seven hours you spend on chemistry won’ t   15   one bit if the history teacher pops a quiz.And many freshmen do get into trouble by spending too much time on one class at the   16   of the others, either because they like one class much better or ?because they find it so much harder that they think, they should   17   all their time to it.  18   the reason, going the whole work for one class and neglecting the rest of them is a mistake, if you face this   19  , begin with the shortest and easiest   20  .Get them out of the way and then go to the more difficult, time consuming work.
sufficiently
unpleasant
improbable
impossible
inevitable
three week’s work
three weeks’ works
three weeks’ work
three week’s works
with doing
turned out
attraction
temptation
arrangements
assignments
来源:学年天津市高考压轴卷英语卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
“Confidence” is probably one of the most noticeabletraits(品质)in the Americans. They show confidence inthe way they talk, the way they smile, the way they dress and the way theywalk. Living and competing with all these confidence American students, I findit extremely important to be confident as an international student andinstructor. As a student, being confident means you should never hesitate toraise your hand whenever a question or a point comes to your mind. Don’t mindif it sounds simple or silly. Otherwise you will never get a chance to speak inclass at all. What’s worse, the professors may think you are not prepared forthe discussion or you do not have your own opinion on the issue-this is thelast comment any graduate would like to receive。&&Being confidence for me as a foreign instructor meanscalmly asking the student to repeat what he or she has said if I did not getit. Pretending to understand what you actually did not may just bring yourselfembarrassment or even disgrace. But the time I most need to be confident iswhen my students come to my office and bargain about the grades I have givenfor their Speeches。(The course I’m teaching here is PublicSpeaking). Modesty is a trait highly valued in China, but it won’t be of muchhelp here if you want to survive and succeed in a good American graduateprogram.1.To compete with American students it’s veryimportant toA.be quiteconfidentB.be polite andfriendlyC.have morediscussions with D.understandwhat they think about2.A professor will have the worst opinion of a studentwhoA.gives a sillyor simple answerB.tries toseize any chance to speak in classC.shows nointerest in the courseD.is consideredto have no opinion of his own3.The author is most likely to feel embarrassed ifA.he asks astudent to repeat what he has saidB.the studentsbargain with him C.he pretendsto know what he doesn’t D.he has togive a speech4.We learn from the second paragraph thatA.we shouldalso remain modest in AmericaB.modesty doesn’t help modest in AmericaC.American alsolike modest peopleD.modesty canhelp you through an American graduate program5.What can we infer from the passage? A.Americanstudents are ready to accept the grades from the teacher.B.The writerteaches in Europe for a living.C.Students areencouraged to present simple questions.D.One’s ignorance will give away in time.&
来源:2013届山东省高三第二次质量检测英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Judging from recent surveys, most experts in sleepbehavior agree that there is virtually an epidemic(流行病) of sleepiness in the nation.“I can’t think of a single study that hasn’t found Americans gettingless sleep than they ought to,” says Dr.David.Even people who think they are sleeping enough would probably bebetter off with more rest. &&& The beginning of our sleep-deficit(lack)crisescan be traced back to the invention of the light bulb a century ago.From diary entries and our personal accounts from the 18th and 19thcenturies, sleep scientists have reached the conclusion that the average personused to sleep about 9.5 hours a night.“The best sleephabits once were forced on us, when we had nothing to do in the evening down onthe farm, and it was dark.” By the 1950s and 1960s, thesleep schedule had been reduced dramatically, to between 7.5 and 8 hours, andmost people had to wake to an alarm clock.“People cheatin their sleep, and they don’t even realize they’re doing it,” says Dr.David.“They think they’re okay because theycan get by on 6.5 hours, when they really need 7.5, 8 or even more to feelideally energetic. ”&&& Perhaps the most merciless robber ofsleep, researches say, is the complexity of the day.Whenever pressures from work, family,friends and community increase, many people consider sleep the least expensiveitem on their programs.“In our society, you’reconsidered dynamic if you say you need only 5.5 hours’sleep.If you’ve got to get 8.5hours, people think you lack drive and ambition.”&&& To determine the consequences of sleep-deficit,researchers have put subjects through a set of psychological and performancetests requiring them, for instance, to add columns of numbers or recall apassage read to them only minutes earlier.“We’ve found that if you’re in sleep deficit, performance suffers,”says Dr.David.“Short-termmemory is weakened, as are abilities to make decisions and to concentrate.”1.What is the main topic of the passage?&&& A. The history of people’s sleepingpatterns.&&& B. The epidemic of sleepiness in themodern times.&&& C. Research on the causes andconsequences of sleep-deficit.&&& D. The minimum of our sleeping hours.2.Which of the following is Dr.David’s opinion?&&& A. People’s metal power suffers ifthey are lacking in sleep.&&& B. Some people can remain energeticwith only 6.5 hours’ sleepa night.&&& C. If they get 8.5 hours’ sleep, people will be full ofdrive and ambition.&&& D. People who think they are sleepingenough are better off than those who don't.3.People in the 18th and 19th centuries slept about 9.5 hours a night because _______.&&& A. they had no electricity &&& B. they knew what was best for theirhealth&&& C. they were forced by their parentsto do so&&& D. they were not so dynamic andambitious as modern people are4.The major cause of sleep-deficit of modern people is_______.&&& A. the endless TV programs in theevenings and the internet&&& B. the heavy work load of the day&&& C. the sufficient energy modernpeople usually have&&& D. loud noises in the modern cities5.What does the word “subjects” in paragraph 4 mean?&&& A. Person or thing that is beingdiscussed or described.&&& B. Branch of knowledge studied in aschool.&&& C. Person or thing being treated in acertain way or being experimented on.&&& D. Any member of a State apart fromthe supreme ruler.&
来源:年安徽毫州涡阳二中高二下学期期末英语试题
题型:填空题
请认真阅读下面短文,并根据所读内容在文章后图表中的空格里填入最恰当的单词。注意:每空只填一个单词。Bored at school now?& How do you thinkit will look in the future? Last week, about 600 teenagers in the U.S. imagineda future changed by technology in which their lessons are taught by robots andthey learn about celebrities (名人)and alien(外星人)languages.According to a survey published last weekby the U.S. ,Internet service provider American Online(AOL), only one in 100thinks that in the future they will walk the rest believethey will use jet packs, and hover boards(滑板) as everyday transport.All the participants(参与者)of the survey are teenagersborn into the Internet age. The study is to show how the first cyber (网络的)generation dream about afuture life created by advanced technology.Most believe there will still be schools togo to, but that technology will play an increasingly important role inlearning. The 600 teens surveyed think there will still be teachers, but 37percent imagine them to be robots. Some 24 percent believe that teachers willstill be human but they will have inter-changeable microchips so that oneperson can teach all subjects.More than one in two believe hover boardingwill be popular, while one-third say that wearing rocket boots will be theirfavorite activity. Another third think jet packs will be popular. Nearly 30percent think playing football and bike-riding will remain popular.When it comes to the curriculum(课程), they think futuregenerations will be learning about robot building(63 percent), alienlanguages(47 percent) celebrities(26 percent) and R’n’B music(22 percent).Children will wear virtual(虚拟的)reality helmets(头盔) to bring lessons to life,say 40 percent, while over 20 percent believe they will not need lessonsbecause microchips implanted(植入)in their head will send relevant information into the brain. MattWhyman, adviser to the chief medical officer on youth issues of AOL, said: “The kids seem very aware of the liberation qualities of technology.”Title ( 1 )_________school
Changes in the way of (2)___traveling
At present, most students walk to school. In the future, students will use jet packs, and hover boards.
Changes in the way of& (3)______
In the future, robots will (4)_______ as teachers and human teachers should be (5)_________ with inter-changeable microchips so that one person can teach all subjects.
Changes in the way of (6)_______
Virtual reality helmets can bring (7) ________ lessons to them and with the help of microchips implanted in their head, they will not need lessons.&
Changes in& (8)_______
Most students will (9)_______ hover boarding, wearing rocket boots and jet packs while a small (10)_______ of students think playing football and bike-riding will remain popular.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!Last week I received an interesting email from a reader about some of the dynamics behind being childfree.
She has observed that women who have chosen to be childfree often feel the need to profess how much they love and enjoy kids, but that they just don’t want any.
Her question was: “Where are all the women who actually don’t like kids?
I can’t be the only one.”
She went on to say, “There seems to be a belief that not liking kids = bad person. The fact that I have a college degree, have been gainfully employed since high school, volunteer to feed the hungry at Thanksgiving…all of it is brushed aside as meaningless because I don’t like kids.
I also wouldn’t want an elephant, because it doesn’t fit into my lifestyle.”
I’m sure she’s not the only one who doesn’t like kids, either.
I’ve come across a few.
I’ve actually uttered those words myself, usually half-jokingly.
Half-jokingly because there are lots of kids I do like…just not all of them.
Since I don’t really have a strong opinion about this, I thought it would be great for her to write a guest post on this very topic.
Here’s what Nissa has to say:
I recently attended the baby shower of a friend I’ve had for over a decade. As I struggled to smile through the “pass the diaper” game while kids ran in and out of the room, I could see that I was the only one who was uncomfortable. The others cheerfully spoke over the banging of the toys, the shrieking, and the drone of the kids’ video. I had to fight a desire to run to my car and drive to my peaceful post-divorce, childfree home.
This wasn’t always the case. In spite of all the realistic career, financial, environmental and overpopulation reasons to not have children, I grew up thinking I’d be like everyone else.
I did get married. However, when I spent time around my friends’ kids I noticed….it wasn’t fun. I wasn’t having that “oh aren’t they cute” feeling. The feeling I got was, “no thanks, I think I’ll pass” and “how soon can I leave?”
When I mentioned this to people, they comforted me by saying “Oh, just have them – you’ll feel different when they are your own….I hate other people’s kids but I love mine”. Everyone spoke about how wonderful they are – sweet, cute, how everything is new to them, how it makes you appreciate life.
What worried me about this scenario was that babies are permanent. It’s not like a dress that I could return if it just wasn’t working for me. Maybe I just needed to try on a baby before buying?
Being an auntie seemed like a good compromise. You know, enjoy all the good parts and then reap the financial benefits of being childless. So I tried. I spent time with babies, with little kids and bigger kids, with ADD kids and “good kids”.
But the more I tried, the less I enjoyed them. I didn’t find babies cute – they were just uninteresting.
I didn’t enjoy the crying, the smells and the random smears of what might be chocolate or poop. With the older kids, the sweetness that sometimes surfaced was quickly drowned out by the mood swings from happy to angry to tears every 10 minutes. The wonder of all-things-new was swamped by the incessant noise of toys, TV and questions about everything under the sun. Conversations, shopping trips or a visit to the bathroom were punctuated with interruptions, disagreements and whining.
My experiences with other people’s kids proved to me I didn’t enjoy it. I didn’t enjoy being responsible for someone else’s entertainment, feeding needs, bathroom needs and emotional needs. The good parts did not come anywhere near compensating me for what I was giving up to be with them.
In the end, I just didn’t like them.
I far prefer quiet, order and predictability. I enjoy offering my gifts of love, nurturing and compassion to adults, who are often in need of those very gifts.
So technically, children have made me appreciate life…the life I have without them.
Interesting…provocative…well-said.
This entry was posted in , , , , ,
and tagged , , . Bookmark the .
Subscribe via Email:
“The Spinsterlicious Life”, The Book
Recent Posts
Most Popular Posts
Ads by Google
Recent Posts}

我要回帖

更多关于 i never slept better 的文章

更多推荐