名校精品试卷
2016届天津市高三“五校”联考英语试题 word版
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用3下载券
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩8页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢君,已阅读到文档的结尾了呢~~
【精品文献】2011年广东省高三英语新题型之仿真模拟考试试题(6) .........................文章简介:第 17 页 共 1 页 绝密★启用前 2011年广东省高考新题型之仿真模拟考试试题(六) 英 语 本试卷共三大题,满分135分;考试用时120分钟。 Ⅰ
语言知识及应用(共两节,满分45分) 第一节 完形填空(共1..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
【精品文献】2011年广东省高三英语新题型之仿真模拟考试试题(6)
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口Rate this item
West Midlands Police / Flickr
Seeing the worst of humanity becomes second nature and the daily expectation when many officers put on their uniform. It wears on you, causes depression, lack of motivation, and discontent in our jobs. When those down and out times come along and I’m not seeing the sunshine through my patrol vehicle windshield, something always happens to lift my spirits.
During one of my Christmas day shifts, I was trying to shake off a fatality car accident caused by a drunk driver. I wondered if this was really the job for me. I hadn’t slept well the previous three days since the crash and feeling Christmas harmony was far from my mind. Though I enjoyed working the holidays, that particular day I wanted to be home with family to take my mind off the images that wouldn’t go away.
Seeing the worst of humanity becomes second nature and the daily expectation when many officers put on their uniform.
It wears on you, causes depression, lack of motivation, and discontent in our jobs. When those down and out times come along and I’m not seeing the sunshine through my patrol vehicle windshield, something always happens to lift my spirits.
During one of my Christmas day shifts, I was trying to shake off a fatality car accident caused by a drunk driver. I wondered if this was really the job for me. I hadn’t slept well the previous three days since the crash and feeling Christmas harmony was far from my mind. Though I enjoyed working the holidays, that particular day I wanted to be home with family to take my mind off the images that wouldn’t go away.
I stopped at the local twenty-four hour convenience store to grab a cup of hot coffee and try to put a buzz in my dragging boot steps. A man dressed in weathered clothes walked up to me and handed a plain black folded wallet over. He said he found it on the ground in the parking lot. I asked for his name and information but he said he didn’t want to give it. He turned and walked away. I thanked him but he never looked back.
I paid for my coffee and headed out to my patrol car. After getting myself situated, I opened the wallet looking for identification. Three very crisp one hundred dollar bills rested inside. The wallet also held an out of town driver’s license, a debit card, and a few business cards. I lay it on the seat beside me and continued my patrol. Approximately thirty minutes later, dispatch notified me there was a man looking for a lost wallet at the convenience store. I couldn’t help my grin as I turned and headed in that direction.
When I pulled up it was easy to identify the man with the missing wallet. His overwhelming dejection was completely evident. I grabbed the wallet and got out of the car. He began speaking before I could say anything.
“I think I left my wallet on the trunk of my car when I filled my gas tank and I know it’s long gone but I had to report it.”
I held up the wallet. “Is this yours? There’s a lot of money inside.”
The look on his face was priceless. “The money’s still there?”
“Yes, as far as I know.”
“I had three one hundred dollar bills for my three grandchildren who I haven’t seen in several years.”
I handed the wallet over, “A man gave it to me about thirty minutes ago. He found it in the parking lot.”
With shaking hands he took the wallet.
“I guess you have your own special Santa this year. Merry Christmas,” I told him.
His glassy eyes spilled over and he kept thanking me while I reminded him I hadn’t found his wallet.
I drove away with a lighter heart and my faith in humanity restored. Really it was such a small thing, but it came at just the right time. With all the negative press about police officers, I feel it’s important to remember why we do our jobs. We need to look for those small things that put smiles on our faces and soothe our souls. I don’t think the man who found the wallet was someone else’s Santa, I think he was my guardian angel.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our E.M.T.’s, Firefighters, Military, Police, UniformStories Staff, and Readers. May your guardian angels answer your prayers and lift your spirits high this holiday season.
Published in
Suzie I the humorous stories of becoming a police officer during her mid-life crisis. She is a recently retired sex crimes and homicide detective.
Latest from Suzie Ivy
Related items
Popular This Month
Fire & EMS
Must See Videos
There are may types of people out there in the world, but when it comes to arrests, there are seven…
Viral Videos
Can we all agree that a media blackout in regards to the identity of a mass shooter would be a…
Exclusive Videos
Sometimes we take for granted the sacrifices police officers make in order to protect our communities. A cop's work is…
Latest Video
When the chief's not around, things can get weird.}

我要回帖

更多关于 英语完形填空 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信