what will be will beoliver have?怎样回答

Imagine If you have a chance to study the chimps,what will you do?How do you feel?怎样回答,用英文_百度作业帮
Imagine If you have a chance to study the chimps,what will you do?How do you feel?怎样回答,用英文
Imagine If you have a chance to study the chimps,what will you do?How do you feel?怎样回答,用英文
I will take the chance to study it very hard.
I will feel honored to have the chance.Chapter 20: Wherein Oliver is Delivered Over to Mr. William Sikes.
Additional Information
Year Published:
Country of Origin:
Dickens, C. (1838). Oliver Twist.London, E Bentley's Miscellany.
Readability:
Flesch–Kincaid Level:
Word Count:
19th century literature, british literature, charles dickens, oliver twist
Dickens, C. (1838). Chapter 20: Wherein Oliver is Delivered Over to Mr. William Sikes.. Oliver Twist (Lit2Go Edition). Retrieved November 25, 2015, from http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/50/oliver-twist/951/chapter-20-wherein-oliver-is-delivered-over-to-mr-william-sikes/
Dickens, Charles. "Chapter 20: Wherein Oliver is Delivered Over to Mr. William Sikes.." Oliver Twist. Lit2Go Edition. 1838. Web. <http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/50/oliver-twist/951/chapter-20-wherein-oliver-is-delivered-over-to-mr-william-sikes/>. November 25, 2015.
Charles Dickens, "Chapter 20: Wherein Oliver is Delivered Over to Mr. William Sikes.," Oliver Twist, Lit2Go Edition, (1838), accessed November 25, 2015, http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/50/oliver-twist/951/chapter-20-wherein-oliver-is-delivered-over-to-mr-william-sikes/.
The embedded audio player requires a modern internet browser. You should visit
and update your internet browser today!
When Oliver awoke in the morning, he was a good deal surprised to find that a new pair of shoes, with strong thick soles, had been p and that his old shoes had been removed. At first, he was pleased with the discovery: hoping that it might be the forer but such thoughts were quickly dispelled, on his sitting down to breakfast along with the Jew, who told him, in a tone and manner which increased his alarm, that he was to be taken to the residence of Bill Sikes that night.
&To&to&stop there, sir?& asked Oliver, anxiously.
&No, no, my dear. Not to stop there,& replied the Jew. &We shouldn&t like to lose you. Don&t be afraid, Oliver, you shall come back to us again. Ha! ha! ha! We won&t be so cruel as to send you away, my dear. Oh no, no!&
The old man, who was stooping over the fire toasting a piece of bread, looked round as he bantered O and chuckled as if to show that he knew he would still be very glad to get away if he could.
&I suppose,& said the Jew, fixing his eyes on Oliver, &you want to know what you&re going to Bill&s for&-eh, my dear?&
Oliver coloured, involuntarily, to find that the old thief had been
but boldly said, Yes, he did want to know.
&Why, do you think?& inquired Fagin, parrying the question.
&Indeed I don&t know, sir,& replied Oliver.
&Bah!& said the Jew, turning away with a disappointed countenance from a close perusal of the boy&s face. &Wait till Bill tells you, then.&
The Jew seemed much vexed by Oliver&s not expressing any greater curi but the truth is, that, although Oliver felt very anxious, he was too much confused by the earnest cunning of Fagin&s looks, and his own speculations, to make any further inquiries just then. He had no other opportunity: for the Jew remained very surly and silent till night: when he prepared to go abroad.
&You may burn a candle,& said the Jew, putting one upon the table. &And here&s a book for you to read, till they come to fetch you. Good-night!&
&Good-night!& replied Oliver, softly.
The Jew walked to the door: looking over his shoulder at the boy as he went. Suddenly stopping, he called him by his name.
O the Jew, pointing to the candle, motioned him to light it. H and, as he placed the candlestick upon the table, saw that the Jew was gazing fixedly at him, with lowering and contracted brows, from the dark end of the room.
&Take heed, Oliver! take heed!& said the old man, shaking his right hand before him in a warning manner. &He&s a rough man, and thinks nothing of blood when his own is up. Whatever falls out, and do what he bids you. Mind!& Placing a strong emphasis on the last word, he suffered his features gradually to resolve themselves into a ghastly grin, and, nodding his head, left the room.
Oliver leaned his head upon his hand when the old man disappeared, and pondered, with a trembling heart, on the words he had just heard. The more he thought of the Jew&s admonition, the more he was at a loss to divine its real purpose and meaning.
He could think of no bad object to be attained by sending him to Sikes, which would not be equally well answered by his remaining with F and after meditating for a long time, concluded that he had been selected to perform some ordinary menial offices for the housebreaker, until another boy, better suited for his purpose could be engaged. He was too well accustomed to suffering, and had suffered too much where he was, to bewail the prospect of change very severely. He remained lost in thou and then, with a heavy sigh, snuffed the candle, and, taking up the book which the Jew had left with him, began to read.
He turned over the leaves. C but, lighting on a passage which attracted his attention, he soon became intent upon the volume. It was a history of the lives and trial and the pages were soiled and thumbed with use. Here, he read of dreadful crimes that mad of secret murders that had been committed b of bodies hidden from the eye of man in deep pits and wells: which would not keep them down, deep as they were, but had yielded them up at last, after many years, and so maddened the murderers with the sight, that in their horror they had confessed their guilt, and yelled for the gibbet to end their agony. Here, too, he read of men who, lying in their beds at dead of night, had been tempted (so they said) and led on, by their own bad thoughts, to such dreadful bloodshed as it made the flesh creep, and the limbs quail, to think of. The terrible descriptions were so real and vivid, that the sallow pages seemed t and the words upon them, to be sounded in his ears, as if they were whispered, in hollow murmurs, by the spirits of the dead.
In a paroxysm of fear, the boy closed the book, and thrust it from him. Then, falling upon his knees, he prayed Heaven to spare and rather to will that he should die at once, than be reserved for crimes, so fearful and appalling. By degrees, he grew more calm, and besought, in a low and broken voice, that he might be rescued from and that if any aid were to be raised up for a poor outcast boy who had never known the love of friends or kindred, it might come to him now, when, desolate and deserted, he stood alone in the midst of wickedness and guilt.
He had concluded his prayer, but still remained with his head buried in his hands, when a rustling noise aroused him.
&What&s that!& he cried, starting up, and catching sight of a figure standing by the door. &Who&s there?&
&Me. Only me,& replied a tremulous voice.
Oliver raised the candle above his head: and looked towards the door. It was Nancy.
&Put down the light,& said the girl, turning away her head. &It hurts my eyes.&
Oliver saw that she was very pale, and gently inquired if she were ill. The girl threw herself into a chair, with her back towards him: but made no reply.
&God forgive me!& she cried after a while, &I never thought of this.&
&Has anything happened?& asked Oliver. &Can I help you? I will if I can. I will, indeed.&
She rocke and, uttering a gurgling sound, gasped for breath.
&Nancy!& cried Oliver, &What is it?&
The girl beat her hands upon her knees, and her
and, suddenly stopping, drew her shawl close round her: and shivered with cold.
Oliver stirred the fire. Drawing her chair close to it, she sat there, for a little time, but at length she raised her head, and looked round.
&I don&t know what comes over me sometimes,& said she, affecting to busy herself in &it&s this damp dirty room, I think. Now, Nolly, dear, are you ready?&
&Am I to go with you?& asked Oliver.
&Yes. I have come from Bill,& replied the girl. &You are to go with me.&
&What for?& asked Oliver, recoiling.
&What for?& echoed the girl, raising her eyes, and averting them again, the moment they encountered the boy&s face. &Oh! For no harm.&
&I don&t believe it,& said Oliver: who had watched her closely.
&Have it your own way,& rejoined the girl, affecting to laugh. &For no good, then.&
Oliver could see that he had some power over the girl&s better feelings, and, for an instant, thought of appealing to her compassion for his helpless state. But, then, the thought darted across his mind that it was barely eleven o& and that many people were still in the streets: of whom surely some might be found to give credence to his tale. As the reflection occured to him, he stepped forward: and said, somewhat hastily, that he was ready.
Neither his brief consideration, nor its purport, was lost on his companion. She eyed him narrowly, and cast upon him a look of intelligence which sufficiently showed that she guessed what had been passing in his thoughts.
&Hush!& said the girl, stooping over him, and pointing to the door as she looked cautiously round. &You can&t help yourself. I have tried hard for you, but all to no purpose. You are hedged round and round. If ever you are to get loose from here, this is not the time.&
Struck by the energy of her manner, Oliver looked up in her face with great surprise. She seeme her countenance wa and she trembled with very earnestness.
&I have saved you from being ill-used once, and I will again, and I do now,& cont &for those who would have fetched you, if I had not, would have been far more rough than me. I have promised for your be if you are not, you will only do harm to yourself and me too, and perhaps be my death. See here! I have borne all this for you already, as true as God sees me show it.&
She pointed, hastily, to some livid bruises
and continued, with great rapidity:
&Remember this! And don&t let me suffer more for you, just now. If I could help you, I but I have not the power. They don& whatever they make you do, is no fault of yours. Hush! Every word from you is a blow for me. Give me your hand. Make haste! Your hand!&
She caught the hand which Oliver instinctively placed in hers, and, blowing out the light, drew him after her up the stairs. The door was opened, quickly, by some one shrouded in the darkness, and was as quickly closed, when they had passed out. A hackney-cabr with the same vehemence which she had exhibited in addressing Oliver, the girl pulled him in with her, and drew the curtains close. The driver wanted no directions, but lashed his horse into full speed, without the delay of an instant.
The girl still held Oliver fast by the hand, and continued to pour into his ear, the warnings and assurances she had already imparted. All was so quick and hurried, that he had scarcely time to recollect where he was, or how he came there, when the carriage stopped at the house to which the Jew&s steps had been directed on the previous evening.
For one brief moment, Oliver cast a hurried glance along the empty street, and a cry for help hung upon his lips. But the girl&s voice was in his ear, beseeching him in such tones of agony to remember her, that he had not the heart to utter it. While he hesitated, the
he was already in the house, and the door was shut.
&This way,& said the girl, releasing her hold for the first time. &Bill!&
&Hallo!& replied Sikes: appearing at the head of the stairs, with a candle. &Oh! That&s the time of day. Come on!&
This was a very strong expression of approbation, an uncommonly hearty welcome, from a person of Mr. Sikes& temperament. Nancy, appearing much gratified thereby, saluted him cordially.
&Bull&s-eye&s gone home with Tom,& observed Sikes, as he lighted them up. &He&d have been in the way.&
&That&s right,& rejoined Nancy.
&So you&ve got the kid,& said Sikes when they had all reached the room: closing the door as he spoke.
&Yes, here he is,& replied Nancy.
&Did he come quiet?& inquired Sikes.
&Like a lamb,& rejoined Nancy.
&I&m glad to hear it,& said Sikes, looking grimly at O &for the sake of his young carcase: as would otherways have suffered for it. Come here, young & and let me read you a lectur&, which is as well got over at once.&
Thus addressing his new pupil, Mr. Sikes pulled off Oliver&s cap and th and then, taking him by the shoulder, sat himself down by the table, and stood the boy in front of him.
&Now, first: do you know wot this is?& inquired Sikes, taking up a pocket-pistol which lay on the table.
Oliver replied in the affirmative.
&Well, then, look here,& continued Sikes. &T that &ere& and this is a little bit of a old hat for waddin&.&
Oliver murmured his comprehension of the differen and Mr. Sikes proceeded to load the pistol, with great nicety and deliberation.
&Now it&s loaded,& said Mr. Sikes, when he had finished.
&Yes, I see it is, sir,& replied Oliver.
&Well,& said the robber, grasping Oliver&s wrist, and putting the barrel so close to his temp at which moment the boy could &if you speak a word when you&re out o&doors with me, except when I speak to you, that loading will be in your head without notice. So, if you do make up your mind to speak without leave, say your prayers first.&
Having bestowed a scowl upon the object of this warning, to increase its effect, Mr. Sikes continued.
&As near as I know, there isn&t anybody as would be asking very partickler arter you, if so I needn&t take this devil-and-all of trouble to explain matters to you, if it warn&t for your own good. D&ye hear me?&
&The short and the long of what you mean,& said Nancy: speaking very emphatically, and slightly frowning at Oliver as if to bespeak his serious attention to her words: &is, that if you&re crossed by him in this job you have on hand, you&ll prevent his ever telling tales afterwards, by shooting him through the head, and will take your chance of swinging for it, as you do for a great many other things in the way of business, every month of your life.&
&That&s it!& observed Mr. Sikes, &women can always put things in fewest words.&Except when it& and then they lengthens it out. And now that he&s thoroughly up to it, let&s have some supper, and get a snooze before starting.&
In pursuance of this request, Nancy qu disappearing for a few minutes, she presently returned with a pot of porter and a dish of sheep&s heads: which gave occasion to several pleasant witticisms on the part of Mr. Sikes, founded upon the singular coincidence of &jemmies& being a can name, common to them, and also to an ingenious implement much used in his profession. Indeed, the worthy gentleman, stimulated perhaps by the immediate prospect of being on active service, was in great spi in proof whereof, it may be here remarked, that he humourously drank all the beer at a draught, and did not utter, on a rough calculation, more than four-score oaths during the whole progress of the meal.
Supper being ended&it may be easily conceived that Oliver had no great appetite for it&Mr. Sikes disposed of a couple of glasses of spirits and water, and thre ordering Nancy, with many imprecations in case of failure, to call him at five precisely. Oliver stretched himself in his clothes, by command of the same authority, on a mat and the girl, mending the fire, sat before it, in readiness to rouse them at the appointed time.
For a long time Oliver lay awake, thinking it not impossible that Nancy might seek that opportunity of whispering but the girl sat brooding over the fire, without moving, save now and then to trim the light. Weary with watching and anxiety, he at length fell asleep.
When he awoke, the table was covered with tea-things, and Sikes was thrusting various articles into the pockets of his great-coat, which hung over the back of a chair. Nancy was busily engaged in preparing breakfast. It
for the candle was still burning, and it was quite dark outside. A sharp rain, too, was beating against the window- and the sky looked black and cloudy.
&Now, then!& growled Sikes, as O &half-past five! Look sharp, or you& for it&s late as it is.&
Oliver was not long
having taken some breakfast, he replied to a surly inquiry from Sikes, by saying that he was quite ready.
Nancy, scarcely looking at the boy, threw him a handkerchief to
Sikes gave him a large rough cape to button over his shoulders. Thus attired, he gave his hand to the robber, who, merely pausing to show him with a menacing gesture that he had that same pistol in a side-pocket of his great-coat, clasped it firmly in his, and, exchanging a farewell with Nancy, led him away.
Oliver turned, for an instant, when they reached the door, in the hope of meeting a look from the girl. But she had resumed her old seat in front of the fire, and sat, perfectly motionless before it.-What does Oliver do every day?
---He ___ Chinese kung fu. A like
..._百度知道
-What does Oliver do every day?
---He ___ Chinese kung fu. A like
-What does O ---He ___ C&&& B does&& C play&&&&nbsp?&nbsp. A like&&nbsp
提问者采纳
,谓语动词要用动词的三单形式,是第三人称单数形式:do Chinese kungfu为固定词组搭配,主语为he,又因为本句子为一般现在时:B
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
oliver的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁您好,欢迎来到新东方
您当前的位置: &
& 文章正文
2011年天津市中考英语试卷解析
18:49&&作者:王茜&&来源:天津新东方学校&&字号:|
2011年6月26日,随着考试铃声的响起,考完英语的学生们笑容满面的走出了考场。英语考试的结束不仅意味着中考的结束,难度不大的试卷也意味着将会出现的理想成绩。2011年的英语试卷虽然原题不多,但是对于基础知识的考察占据试卷的80%以上,不管是单项选择中的基础语法点考察,还是补全对话中基础句型的书写,无一不体现了基础知识的重要性。新东方的《走向名牌高中&冲刺中考&》课程更是命中全部完成句子考题,现在就跟着新东方老师一起来分析一下2011年的中考试卷,从而更好的备战2012年中考吧。
一、听力理解(本大题共30小题,每小题1分,共30分)略
二、单项填空(本大题共15小题,每小题1分,共15分)
从下列每小题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
my homework I have to write a(n) __________ about the wonders of the world.
A. music&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B.
picture&&&&&&&&&& C. composition&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. exam
【解析】名词辨析
原题复现。曾出现在模拟试卷中:2010年河西一模卷,36题;2010年东丽一模卷,40题;2009和平二模卷,40题
usually go to_________ school on weekdays, and sometimes go to ________ cinema
at weekends
A.不填;the&&&&&&&&& &&& B. the&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
不填&&&&&&&&&&&& D.不填; 不填
【解析】冠词的固定搭配用法;go to school/ go to the cinema
【新东方】串讲班讲义P1(二)冠词——固定搭配
Is this _______ ruler?– No. _______ is over there.
A. Her&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Hers&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Hers&&&&&&&&&&& D. Her
【解析】人称代词;her ruler= hers 形容词性物主代词+名词= 名词性物主代词
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P40,11
- Excuse me, is
this ________ new camera?&&& - Yes, it’s
_________.
A. my&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mine&&&&&&& C. my&&&&&&&&&&&& D. mine
_______ some of my free time playing basketball for my school team.
A. spend&&&&&&&&&&&& B. cost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. take&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
【解析】动词辨析:cost和take为物做主语;spend和pay为人做主语,其中spend指花费时间,spend sth. in doing sth.
【新东方】串讲班讲义P4(八)动词 1.动词辨析 take,spend,pay,cost
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P65,46
_________ every Saturday afternoon volunteering in an old people’s home.
A. costs&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. takes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. pays&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
you think maths is _________ than English?
A. difficult&&&&&&&&&&&& B. as difficult&&&&&&&&&&&& C. more difficult&&&&&&& D. most difficult
【解析】形容词比较级:than比较级的标志,difficult多音节单词,用more修饰
【新东方】串讲班P4(七)形容词副词3.比较级最高级——基本比较than
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P45,14
- Tim, do you
think time is money?& - Yes, but I think
it is ________ money.
A. more important
than&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. very
important as
C. the same as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. not important
grandmother _______ a lot of changes in Tianjin since she came here.
A. sees&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B.
can see&&&&&&&&&& C. will see&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. has seen
【解析】动词时态:现在完成时,since+过去的时间段,引导现在完成时
【新东方】串讲班P5(八)动词4.动词时态与语态——现在完成时
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P68,15
- You have a nice
watch. – Thank you. I _________ it since I got married.
A. had&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. bought&&&&&&&&&&& C. have had&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
have bought
Joe, my close
friend, moved to Beijing in 1990, and I ________ him since then.
A. don’t see&&&&&&&&&&& B. didn’t see&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. haven’t seen&&&&&&&& D.
won’t see
it is dark, ________ the lights please.
A. pick up&&&&&&&&&& B. look at&&&&&&&&&& C. turn on&&&&&&&&&& D.
【解析】动词词组辨析:if引导条件状语从句,句意理解“如果天黑,请把灯打开。”turn on 开
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P62,9
Mike ________ his
computer and checked his e-mail.
A. turned on&&&&&&&&&&&& B. turned off&&&&&&&&&&& C. turned up&&&&&&&&&&&& D. turned down
38. Tom’s
mother told him _______ eating too much meat.
A. stopping&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. to stop&&&&&&&&&& C. stops&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
【解析】非谓语动词:tell的用法,tell sb. to do
【新东方】串讲班P6(八)动词5.非谓语动词1)to do和doing的区别——tell/
ask/ order/ warn sb. to do sth.
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》 P73,4
Father often
tells me ___________ too much time on computer games.
A. don’t spend&&&&&&&&& B. not spend&&&&&&&&&&&& C. not to spend&&&&&&&&& D.
not spending
The teachers
often tell their publics __________ across the road when the traffic light is red.
A. not go&&&&&&&&&&& B. not to go&&&&&&&&&&&& C. don’t go&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
didn’t go
Granny often
tells us _______ water in our daily life.
A. save&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. saving&&&&&&&&&&& C. to save&&&&&&&&&& D. saves
a lot of information can ________ online.
A. receive&&&&&&&&&& B. be received&&&&&&&&&& C. is received&&&&&&&&&& D.
【解析】被动语态:物做主语,构成被动语态,情态动词被动,情态动词+be+过去分词
【新东方】串讲班P6(八)4.动词的时态与语态5)情态动词被动语态
Will you please give the dictionary to Jane?
– Sure, I’ll give
it to her _______ she arrives here.
A. before&&&&&&&&&&& B. until&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. because&&&&&&&&&& D.
as soon as
【解析】状语从句:as soon as 引导的时间状语从句,主将从现,表示“一……就……”
【新东方】串讲班P8句子专项突破2)状语从句——as
soon as引导的时间状语从句,主将从现
like to buy a big and modern house._________, I hope it’s in a quiet
neighborhood.
A. After all&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Above all&&&&&&&&&&&& C. As a result&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.At
that moment
【解析】连词词组辨析:句意分析,above all = the most important
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P164,8
最重要的是,他渴望见到他的家人。__________ ___________, he longs to see his family.
最重要的是,科学博物馆是免费参观的。____________ _____________ the Science Museum is free
hope you’ll have a good journey.&&& -
__________.
A. Well done&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Don’t mention it&&&& C. Certainly&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Thank you very much
【解析】交际用语:表示祝福与感谢
43. We’ll
plant trees tomorrow, and I don’t know ________ Tom will come and join us.
A. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. where
【解析】宾语从句:连接词,从句不缺少成分,if在从句中不充当成分,表示是否
【新东方】串讲班P7句子专项突破5.三大从句1)宾语从句+语序+时态+连接词
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P80,2
- Excuse me.
Could you tell me __________ I can get to the Space Museum.
- Of course. You
can take bus No.1.
A. where&&&&&&&&&&&& B. how&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
is the boy __________ legs were badly hurt in the accident.
A. whose&&&&&&&&&&&& B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. who&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
【解析】定语从句:从句中不缺句子成分,whose充当从句主语的定语,表示……的
【新东方】串讲班P8句子专项突破5.三大从句3)定语从句——连接词很重要
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P86.17
I like the
teacher _________ classes are very interesting and creative.
A. which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. who&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.
45. – I’m
sorry I broke your coffee cup.& -
___________.
A. You’re welcome&&&&&& B. I don’t know&&&&&&&& C. You’re right&&&&&&&& D.
It doesn’t matter
【解析】交际用语:表示歉意,与(11年和平一模卷,45题)几乎一致
I am sorry I mistake
you for each other. ______________
A. It’s not your
mistakes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. You’re
right.&&&&&&&
C. Yes, you made
a mistake&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. It doesn’t
【新东方】串讲班P9交际用语,表示歉意:重点句型——It doesn’t matter.
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》P91,18
- Thanks for your
help.&& - _____________.
A. No, thanks.&&&&&&&&&& B. Let me see&&&&&&& C. It doesn’t matter&&&&&& D.
That’s OK
三、&&&& 完形填空(本大题共10小题,每小题1分,共10分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出最佳选项。
Norman Bethune is one of China’s most famous
heroes, but he wasn’t Chinese – he was Canadian. He gave his life to help the
Chinese people.
&&& Norman Bethune________46 born in
1890.& He became a ________47 in 1916,
and he went to the front to look after injured soldiers in the First World War.
He saw many soldiers die in the war. Later he invented new treatments to_________48
soldiers, and medical tools to use outside hospitals.
&&& In 1938 he came to China to treat the
Chinese soldiers in the mountains north of Yan’an. There were_________49 doctors,
so he had to work very hard. He opened hospitals to give treatment to local
people and soldiers, and to train doctors and nurses. He also wrote books so
that doctors could learn about new treatments.
&&& Dr. Bethune worked very hard without
stopping to_________50 . Once, he performed operations ___________51 69 hours
without stopping, and saved 112 people. He __________52 working in spite of
cutting his hand during an operation. In the end, he died because he did not
stop to take care of his ___________53.
&&& Dr. Bethune’s work with the Chinese
soldiers made__________54 a hero in China. There are books and films about him,
and he is____________ 55 remembered in both Canada and China.
is&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. was&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. has been&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. be
doctor&&&&&&&&&&& B. nurse&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. teacher&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worker
understand&&&&&&& B. believe&&&&&&&&&& C. help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. count
little&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. few&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. much&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. many
rest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. act&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. agree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. think
from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. since&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. for
allowed&&&&&&&&&& B. continued&&&&&&&&&&&& C. forgot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. stopped
face&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. leg&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. foot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hand
his&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. he&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. him&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. one
still&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. never&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. hardly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Regularly
【文章出处】八年级下册(Book4)P74 Module9 Heroes&& Unit2 My
hero— Dr. Norman Bethune
46. B。谓语动词时态辨析:in 1890,一般过去时,was born
47. A。名词辨析:look after injured soldiers推导出他的工作是一名医生。(或可以通过称常识推断,白求恩是一名医生)
48. C。动词辨析:treatment治疗方式,help soldiers
49. B。形容词辨析:doctors为可数名词,只能用few或many修饰,下文he had to work very hard
证明医生的数量很少。所以选择few
50. A。动词辨析:努力工作不休息,without表示否定,不停下来去休息,停下去做某事 stop to do
51. D。介词辨析:引导时间段,表示延续一段时间,for 69 hours
52. B。动词辨析:in spite of表示转折关系。尽管割伤了手指,但依然坚持工作。continue
53. D。名词辨析:原词复现,cut his hand——did not take care of his
54. C。代词辨析:人称代词 make +宾格
55. A。副词辨析:现在国内外,人们还依然记得他,still表示仍然
四、&&&& 阅读理解(本大题共10小题,每小题2分,共20分)
and Kyle are talking before class begins.)
Hey, Kyle, are you ready for the big test today? I studied that list of words
and the definitions
(释义) for two hours last night.
Oh, but I didn’t study at all. I just wrote all the answers on the palm(手掌) of my hand, see?
Kyle, You can’t do that! That’s cheating(作弊)!
Hey, don’t worry. I won’t be caught. MrsKing will never know.
comes in and passes out the test papers.)
King: Okay, no more talking. You may begin.
looks at his hand when the teacher isn’t looking.)
(raising his hand) MrsKing, may I get a drink? I have the hiccups(打嗝).
King: Yes, you may.
(raising his hand) MrsKing, may I get a drink, too?
King: Kyle, what is that on your hand? I think you had better come to my desk.
&&&&&&& (After this, Kyle realises his mistakes
and never cheats in exams again.)
did the story possibly take place?
the classroom
the library.
the playground
the reading room
did Kyle write the answers?
his notebook
the palm of his hand
a piece of paper
happened in class at last?
was caught
was caught
told his classmates everything
told Mrs King about Kyle’s cheating
【文章大意】Megan和Kyle在考试前聊天。Megan仔细复习了考试内容,而Kyle却将答案写在了手
掌上准备作弊。当Kyle自信满满以为自己不会被发现时,却因为举手而暴露,被老师发现后,Kyle意识到了自己的错误,并且不再作弊了。
56. A。推断题。与考试有关的谈话一定出现在教室里。
57. C。细节题。原文复现”I just wrote all answers on the palm of my hand, see?”
58. B。细节题。原文复现推断”Kyle… I think you had better come to my desk.”
students ask for advice about improving their English. There are three basic
questions.
first question is about real English. Li Hao from Hubei wrote, “I enjoy
watching English films and listening to real English songs. But it takes a long
time. What do you think?”
is a great way to learn English! Talk about the film or song with your friends,
and guess the meaning of the new words. Just enjoy yourself!
second question is about speaking. Sam, from Suzhou wrote, “Our school has a
foreign teacher. But I’m shy and can’t speak to her. What should I do?”
I visit China, lots of people in the street say, “Hello! How are you? Where are
you from? Do you like China?” These are good questions to start a conversation.
Many people are shy when they speak English, so before you begin, take a deep
breath and smile! Smiling always helps.
third question is about vocabulary. Oliver, from Anhui Province wrote, “I want
to remember all the new words. I write them down, but I forget them quickly. What
should I do?”
to remember eight or ten words a day. Write them on pieces of paper and place
them in your bedroom. Say the words when you see them, and change them every
day. And when you’re shopping, how about counting the English words, or saying
the English names for everything you see?
many basic questions do the students often ask?
A. Two&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.
Three&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. Four&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D. Five
should you do if you are shy to speak English?
A.&& Watch English films.
B.&& Write down the
words first
C.&& Listen to real
English songs.
D.&& Take a deep
breath and smile before you begin.
is Oliver’s problem?
A.&& He’s too shy to
talk with others.
B.&& He’s not able to
count English words.
C.&& He can’t remember
new words.
D.&& He doesn’t know what
real English is.
62. What’s
the best title of this passage?
A.&& How to learn
B.&& Talking about
English films.
C.&& Advice about
English writing.
D.&& The way of
beginning an English conversation.
【文章出处】八年级上册(Book3) P4 Module1
How to learn English
&&&&&&&&&&& Unit2 Questions and Answers
【文章大意】关于学习英语几个问题及解决建议。问题1:是否通过电影或音乐学习地道英语;问题
2:如果羞于与外国人交流怎么办?问题3:词汇记不住如何是好。
59. B。细节题:原文复现第1段“There are three basic questions.”
60. D。细节题:原文复现第5段“…before you begin, take a deep breath and
smile!...”
61. C。细节题:原文复现第6段“I want to remember all the new words… but
I forget them quickly.”
62. A。主旨题:BCD选项只概括了三个问题当中的一个,不全面。
Is it a tree? Is it a bear? If you're looking at a tree in the
shape of bear, It’s a topiary(林木雕塑). A
is a tree or bush(灌木)that is trained into a
shape. Growing a topiary garden takes both time and skill.
A topiary gardener should make a drawing first. The drawing shows
the final shape that the gardener
The gardener then chooses a bush for the topiary. It may be one that was just
planted or one that is already in place.
In June of the plant’s first year.The gardener looks for new
leaves. When the leaves grow, it’s time to
shape(给…造型) the bottom of the bush. It needs about
five years. The top is not trimmed during this time. In the fifth year, the bush
grows tall enough for enough for shaping. Then the gardener begins to shape the
whole bush.
Once a topiary has been started, it needs care all yeas. In the
summer it must be cut many times to
its shape. This cutting also helps the bush grow. In the winter the bushes don’t
grow. The gardeners have to brush snow off the plants, or snow may hurt some
parts of them.
Topiary gardening is a very old art. The Romans did it in the
first century. In the sixteenth century,
in Europe liked topiaries too. By the late 1600s, topiaries were also grown in
America. Today it’s popular in many parts of word.
the following in the right order according to the passage.
a. The gardener chooses a bush for the topiary.
b. The whole bush grows tall enough for shaping.
c. The gardener begins to shape the bottom of the bush.
d. The gardener draws the shape of a topiary.
A. d-a-b-c&&&&& &&&&&&&& B. b-c-a-d&&& &&&&&&&&&& C.
a-d-c-b&& &&&&&&& D. d-a-c-b
does the underlined word ”trimmed” in the third paragraph mean?
A. Shaken& &&&&&& &&&&&& B.
Cut&& &&&&&&&&&&& C.
Cleaned&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. Collected
which part of the world did the topiary gardening begin first?
A. In Rome&& &&&&&&& B. In Europe&& &&&&&&&&& C.In
America&&&& &&& D. In Africa&&&&&&
【文章大意】当你在公园里见到熊形状的树木时,你认为那是树还是熊呢?文章叙述了林木雕塑公园
的建立过程,从画图纸,选树木,塑形到树木的维护。林木雕塑的园艺工程师一般都是比较资深的艺术家,罗马人在十六世纪第一次建立了林木雕塑公园。1600多年过去了,林木雕塑已经在全世界范围内流行了。
63. D。细节题:排序,寻找文章当中提示逻辑顺序的关键词;第2段… first… then…;第3段,逻辑顺序bottom… grow tall
64. B。词义猜测题:划线词的后句”… the bush grows tall enough for shaping.”在这个过程中,是没有修剪的。
65. A。细节题:原文复现第5段” The Romans did it in the first century.”
五、&&&& 完成句子(本大题共5小题,每小题2分,共10分)(全部命中)
根据所给中文意思完成句子,每空限填一词。
66. 我叫醒了大明,让他早点起床。
I___________
_____________ Daming and asked him to get up early.
【答案】woke up(注意and前后时态一致)
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
我叫醒了玲玲和他的叔叔,问他们那是什么声响。
I __________
__________ Lingling and her uncle, and I asked them what the noise was.
昨晚我被一阵噪音吵醒。I was_________ _________ by a big noise.
67. 如果你想保持身体健康,就不要放弃锻炼。
____________ ___________ exercise if you want to stay fit.
【答案】give up
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
如果你想保持健康,就戒烟吧。
If you want to
keep healthy, _________ __________ smoking.
68. 我们究竟能为改善环境做些什么呢?
What __________
_________ can we do to improve our environment?
【答案】on earth
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
你究竟打算如何解决这个问题。
How_________
__________ are you going to solve the problem.
69. 每年都有数以百万计的人观看莎士比亚的戏剧。
Shakespeare’s
plays are seen by __________ people every year.
【答案】millions of
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
每年,数百万人看莎士比亚的戏剧。
Shakespeare’s
plays are seen by __________ __________ people every year.
70. 如果你对这个俱乐部感兴趣,请填写这张申请表。
If you are
interested in this club, please _______ _________ this application form.
【答案】fill in
【新东方】《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
如果你对此感兴趣的话,就请填写这张申请表。
If you are
interested in it, please ________ ________ this application form.
六、补全对话(本大题共5小题,每小题1分,共5分)
根据对话内容,在每小题的空白处填入适当的话语,使对话意思完整。
(It’s Friday
today. Bob and Dave are talking about their weekend plans.)
Dave, the radio says it is sunny tomorrow. Do you have any plans?
Dave: ________________71. I want to go to the
beach. ______________________72?
going to do some sports.
Dave:_________________73?
like basketball best. I think it can help me grow taller.
Dave:_________________74?
will play it in the gym. By the way, who will you go to the beach with?
Dave: I’ll go with my parents.
Bob:________________75?
Dave: We will go there by car.
Have a good time.
Dave: The same to you.
I do. 一般疑问句”Do you have any plans?”的肯定回答
are you going to do。针对I’m going to do….提问
sport do you like best。针对I like… best 提问
will you play it。针对”I will play it in…”提问
will you go there。针对” We will go there by…”提问
文章中,Dave根据Bob的出行计划不断提出问题,问地点,喜好,交通方式等
71题填写答句,72~75题填写问句
【新东方】
串讲班P10综合应用篇三、补全对话,热点话题4——个人经历描述
七、任务型阅读(本大题共5小题,每小题1分,共5分)
阅读下面短文,根据短文内容完成表格
American named Crum invented potato chips in 1853, although that was not his
intention(意图) .He was a chef(厨师长)
at a beautiful restaurant in Saratoga Springs, New York. A regular dish in the
menu was fried(油炸的) potatoes, Which was an idea that
had started in France. At that time, French fried potatoes were cut into thick
slices(片).
day, a dinner guest at the restaurant sent back his fried potatoes to the chef
because he did not like them so thick. So Mr. Crum cut the potatoes a little
thinner and fried them. The guest did not like those either. That made Mr. Crum
angry, so he thought he would just show the man. He sliced the potato
paper-thin and fried them, thinking that the man would say nothing about it.
However, to his surprise, the man loved the thin potatoes very much. Other
guests tried them and also liked them. So, Mr. Crum’s potato chips were added
to the menu. They were called Saratoga Chips.
Mr. Crum opened his own restaurant to sell his famous chips. Now potato chips
are packaged(包装) and sold in stores.&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Who
invented ___________76_____________?
___________77_____________ was an American chef at a restaurant
A dinner guest________78_________ his fried potatoes to the chef
because they were so thick.
The chef was probably glad in the end
because________________79________________
Now potato chips are packaged and sold___________80_____________
【文章大意】
Crum是纽约一家餐馆的厨师长,擅长做普通的炸土豆片。但是一名挑剔的顾客几次退回了他的炸土豆片。促使他研制出了薄薄的薯片,并命名为Saratoga Chips。最后Crum开了一家自己的薯片店,现在薯片也被包装好在商店里面卖了。
76. potato
chips。原文复现:第1段第1行”An American named Crum invented potato chips…”
Crum(Crum)。原文复现:第1段第2行“He was a chef…” He= Crum
back。原文复现:第2段第1行”… a dinner guest at the restaurant sent back his fried…”
opened his own restaurant to sell chips。易错题,关键词的同意转述。第三段” Finally,Mr. Crum opened his own restaurant to sell his famous
chips” Finally= in the end, 原文复现
stores。原文复现:第3段” Now potato
chips are packaged and sold in stored.”
八、&&&& 综合填空(本大题共10小题,每小题1分,共10分)
根据短文内容及首字母填空,使短文意思完整,每空限填一词
Bill and Simon
were good friends. One summer they were on h________81. They wanted to sail
around the Caribbean Sea in their boat for two
their trip, they saw many whales. Bill and Simon were very e_________82 because
wanted to see them very much. Unluckily,
w__________ 83 they were watching them, the whales began to hit the side of the
&& Suddenly, w_______84 started coming in, and they realisedthat they were
in trouble. They q______85 jumped into the lifeboat before the boat sank(沉没), and watched it disappear under the sea.
&& Luckily, they had enough food and water for about twenty d________86.
They also had a fishing line and a machine which could change sea water
i__________87 drinking water. These two things helped them to survive(存活) during their terrible experience.
the next fifty days they caught about ten fish a day and a________88 them. They
saw about twenty ships, but although they waved and shouted when the ships were
passing, n__________89 saw them. They were becoming weaker and weaker. Then,
just as they were beginning to l________90 hope, a fishing boat saved them.
【文章大意】
Bill和Simon在Caribbean Sea度假的时候,意外遇到的鲸鱼,结果船被鲸鱼撞翻。他们在船沉没之前跳河。幸运的是他们有足够多的水和食物生活了20天。在后面的50天里,他们靠每天补助的10条鱼生存。最后,当他们将要丧失希望时,被一艘过路的渔船救了起来。
81. holiday。summer holiday,on holiday固定搭配
82. excited。看到了想看的东西,非常开心,-ed结尾形容词修饰人
83. while/when。句子不缺少成分,空格上填写连词
84. water。come into,水进入船里
85. quickly。副词,修饰jump,句意推断
86. days。for+时间段
87. into。change…into….
88. ate。and前后词性及时态一致,eat的过去式
89. nobody。but/ although 表示转折关系,尽管很多人经过,但是没有人理会
90. lose。begin to do,lose hope丧失希望
九、书面表达(本大题共15分)
假如你是某中学的一名中学生。6月3日,是星期五,在放学回家的公交车上,你所经历的一件事情让你印象深刻。请根据以下的要点用英语写一篇日记。
1. 一位老爷爷和十来岁的孙子上了车,老人拿着书包和小提琴;
2. 你给老人让座,老人的孙子却坐了下来,老人只得站在旁边;
3. 孩子大声喊着向老人要水喝,并将空水瓶扔到车上;
4. 你认为孩子应该尊敬、照顾老人,保持环境卫生。
参考词汇:孙子 grandson&&&& 空水瓶 empty bottle&&&&& 保持……干净 keep… clean
要求:1. 词数:80~100个。
&&&&& 2. 日记开头已给出,不计入总词数。
&&&&& 3. 要点齐全,行文连贯,可适当发挥。
June 3, Friday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Fine
my way home on the bus, I saw______________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
【题目解析】
文章以作者的一段经历为切入点,提出了孝敬老人,保护环境的文章主题,立意比较积极向上。故事叙述比较零散,不能丢点。需要必须写出的点包含:
?& 一位老爷爷和十来岁的孙子上了车
?& 老人拿着书包和小提琴(书包和小提琴不能犯拼写错误)
?& 你给老人让座
?& 老人让孙子坐下来(此处可加入个人的思想活动)
?& 老人只得站在旁边
?& 孩子大声喊向老人要水喝
?& 并将空水瓶扔到车上
?& 你认为孩子应该尊敬,照顾老人(易错点:缺少个人观点描述)
?& 保持环境卫生
【范文解析】
June 3, Friday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Fine
On my way home on the bus, ☆I saw an old man get on with his grandson of about ten. He
所有格结构,做伴随状态
carrying the boy’s schoolbag and a violin. ☆I gave my seat to the old man at once. However, ☆the boy
转折连词sat down first. The old
man ☆had to stand nearby. After a while, the boy ☆shouted to his grandpa for water and then ☆dropped
the empty bottle on the bus.
When I saw this,
I got very angry. ☆I think the boy should not only☆respect
and take care of the old
时间状语从句连接词的使用
man but also☆keep the environment clean.
【新东方】
not only… but also…句型:串讲班(6月6日)P3 写作漂亮句子2)并列句a)简单句+并列连词+简单句专项操练
《走向名牌高中英语&冲刺中考&》
P200 Topic 8 环保主题作文
P201 Topic 9 家庭主题作文,孝敬父母为主
更多文章推荐
相关文章导读}

我要回帖

更多关于 what will be will be 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信