联想thinkpad开机慢出现A disk read erroe occurred

A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart - CNET Windows XP Forums
A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart
0 people like this thread
Staff pick
A disk read error occurred. Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to restart
- 1/8/07 1:51 AM
I have XP SP2 running on a 160Gb drive that is in a Compaq nc8000 laptop.I can read the drive with an external USB drive caddy.Can read the drive with BartPE. Did a chkdsk and all is ok.Did a fixboot via the recovery console. It replaced the boot record.Checked boot.ini. All is ok.Deleted the hibernation partition from the drive.Replaced NTLDR with a known good version.Still does not work.Any ideas please?
Total posts: 16 (Showing page 1 of 1)
Thread display preference:
Way above my knowledge,Good luck.Mark
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
I can now say it is a physical error as the drive is now giving CRC errors on some files. Thanks for the help.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
If your HDD is having problems, you could try HDD Regenerator. It uses special algorithms to fix bad sectors. This could help you recover potentially damaged, important data, until you get a new drive.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
I had the same error when I re-installed a Linux distro in a dual boot partition. I apparently wiped out part of the NTFS partition when I did it.I used TestDisk (from the UBCD 4.1 disk) and successfully restored the Master File Table. I then recreated the Master Boot Record and the system came up with no problems.Hope this helps!
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Worked like a charm, thank you!
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
I experienced this same thing this week. I think this is about the 3rd time that I've seen this with my Western Digital large capacity drive. In this case, the only thing I remember doing prior was uninstalling AOL and PokerStars software that a friend loaded.* I tried the recovery console via my Windows XP CD. I tried 'fixmbr', 'fixboot', and 'chkdsk /r'. None of these resolved the issue where I couldn't boot from this drive.* I tried to repair the Windows installation via the CD, and this didn't work either.* Fortunately, I was able to boot from another drive, and I was able to backup my files from the problematic drive.* Once again, I had to rebuild the problematic drive. Seems to be OK for now.I'm strongly considering a MAC for my next home PC purchase.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
When I Boot My System It Shows The Message Disk Read Check Error. What Will Be The Problem. Please Reply By Suggesting What To DO.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Used the advice given so far?
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
That's a UNIQUE error. Google says: No results found for &Disk read check error&.Or maybe that isn't the exact error? Your options:1. Take the hard disk out and connect it to another PC using a USB2 to SATA/IDE cable. What happens? What does that PC's Disk Manager say about it?2. Depending on what happens in step 1:a. Buy another disk and throw this disk away.b. Repartition and reformat the disk from your Windows XP CDc. FIXBOOT or FIXMBR from the recovery console.d. Replace the motherboard of your PCBest of luck.Kees
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Same &Disk read error& issue with me for 4 days now. I tried everything then looked to threads like this to look for new ideas, (I'd already done everything most all the threads suggested).The issue is not the hard drive, (unless of course you actually do have a bad HDD). The issue is with how the HDD and Motherboard communicate.The fix for me was to go into the BIOS and manually set the advanced settings for the Primary Master, (my Hard Drive). Most of the time these settings will be set to &AUTO&.The important change here was changing to &UDMA = 0&.More info to follow.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Thank you to all those who posted before me about this issue.Like most reading this post, I too had the error start occurring on a 2 year old Hitachi 160 GB drive in a Dell Precision M60. I read all the posts here and tried all of the possible windows solutions listed except the Bios one because the computers types are different. It is true that YOU CANNOT boot from a Windows XP Full Version SP3 CD once your computer has this error on it. It IS TRUE that if the hard drive is installed into an external USB carrier and a working windows hard drive is used to access it, files can be recovered. So stop crying. Now back to the question of &What causes the error?& Let's start on what it is not caused by. I went out and bought a new WD 160 GB after I thought the Hitachi 160 GB had some how partially stopped working. It was lucky I had again backed up my entire computer right before this error happened. It was easy to recover back to exactly the way the computer was at the time of the back up. I. New drive replaced the old drive in the computer. II. Boot with Acronis Home 2009 Recovery CD. Make sure the external USB hard drive with your Backup is plugged into the computer before the computer is booted. In some cases you have to determine which key on your computer allows your system to boot from the CD drive before it tries to access the new or non bootable hard drive. III. Choose the last back up on the external hard drive. IV. Select restore. The process for approx. 60 GB took about 30 minutes. V. Exit the Acronis program when the recovery is completed. VI. Remove the CD before turning off the computer.VII. Turn off the computer. VIII. Unplug the external hard drive IX. Turn on the computer and it should boot as normal IF THE PROBLEM WAS REALLY the hard drive. If it was not the hard drive then the error is either in the software that was backed up or the computer's mother board. In this case the error seemed gone but occurred again after only powering the computer on and off about 4 times. There is very little chance a NEW hard drive will fail after only 4 starts. The motherboard has not ruled out as a failure option yet. My computer is backed up once a week. I repeated the earlier process of restoring my computer from a time backed up 2 months earlier. Remember, all of my personal information is already in a place where it can be recovered so there is not a risk of losing data when performing this. The restore process completed and the computer has been on and off over 20 times testing various programs along the way. If the motherboard was the problem then it really would not matter what hard drive was restored to or what backup was used to recover the computer with. If the motherboard was the cause it would have been impossible for any of the methods tested to work. This process of elimination leads me to believe the problem is software related. Had I tried this on the H I probably could have recovered from the issue without the expense of a new hard drive. The Acronis program will allow the user to look into the old backups and determine the programs installed at the time of the backup. The process takes longer and could provide what programs were most likely to have been involved during the time the Operating System error occurred. The point - The error is not the motherboard, the chances of the error being caused by the hard drive have been ruled as very slim after extensive testing. Unless you want to take on the responsibility of a incorrect bios setting, stay out of the computers bios.History - I have lived through some of the worst disk losses. So will you. If you want to keep from having your heart come through your chest when a crash like this happens BACK UP REGULARLY. The question from many of you is, &With what?& I tried a few recovery and backup programs but the one that works to get through this error and other catastrophic errors encountered was the Acronis product line. After 6 years I decided to rebuild my hard drive from scratch in Jan. 2010. At least I knew the programs that I would use and the ones I will not by this time.Items needed for recovery1. Working External USB hard drive (not a memory stick or flash drive.)2. Back up software that works as well or better than Acronis Home 2009. This is a Linux based product that works in and out of Windows XP. (The software will allow you to burn a recovery CD - in valuable)3. Patience (a must have) Preventive StepsA. From a Windows XP Pro SP3 CD install the software to a new hard drive using the format option. B. Allow the computer to access the internet and it will install all the updates needed for your computer. This will take more than one time of the computer being turned on and off. In fact it will take several times. C. Put all the software on the computer that is desired that does not require the internet to install it first. Verify each program functions prior to installing the next program. Some programs will require activation online. Only turn on the connection to the internet when this is required and the internet connection off again when the activation is completed. D. ESET is the preferred Anti-virus and Firewall protection. Include Acronis Home 2009 or current version as one of the installed programs. A must for recovery issues.E. Once confirmed all components are working correctly. Back up the computer and save this on the external USB hard drive. Do not delete this because later it will be able to get you back up and running again in a short time. F. If you're an old dog like me here are couple of new tricks. To keep you from a heart attack when your hard drive dies. Learn to store your personal files on a USB thumb drive. One I prefer, because of the warranty, is Corsair. There are others but that 10 year warranty is a big plus and yes they honor it (experience talking here). Warning, don't bend the connector to the point of breaking the wires internally. You may not get your data out if you break off the connector without incurring some real costs. They come in sizes from 32, 64, 128, and 256 GB. That is a lot of data, pictures, and movies that can be stored. Let your computer be the brains. Keep your data off of a hard drive with moving parts unless you need it there for accessing speed reasons. When you finish the project copy it back to the the thumb drive for safe keeping. G. Hard drives with moving platters have a MTBF (mean time between failure) of 3 to 5 years. In most cases, 30 days after you realize the warranty expired. By comparison Flash Drives double that. Solid state Drives I have read have a MTBF of 100+ years. They are offing a lifetime warranty.H. The sad part about giving this information is that usually by the time you looked for it you were not prepared for what happened and you have gone through a lot of heart ache. I hope this helps. God bless the USA.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Get into your BIOS set up.In BIOS go to ADVANCED then HARD DISK then change Type from &Auto& to &User& then change DMA mode to UDMA0 (UDMA zero).
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
After tryin most of the suggestions here with no luck, I placed the WD 320GB hdd into my USB caddy and used windows quickformat on the drive as NTFS and replaced the hdd into the pc it came from. Ran the XP install CD and everything's fine!! I had ALREADY used the format feature in the XP install CD but that failed too.I hope this helps before you trash your systems.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
I experienced this problem on a brand new Hitachi drive in an HP laptop, as I was going through a new XP installation. I had installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2011, and the Raxco Perfect Disk 11 Home Ed.The problem happened after I ran a boot time defragmantation. FIXMBR didn't help.I then tried all the boot fix options from a licensed Paragon Rescue Kit v10 Windows edition and this fixed the PC.Things should not be this difficult!
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
lists a free version and the full version is 99 bucks.
Was this reply helpful?
Staff pick Reply
Thread display preference:
Total posts: 16 (Showing page 1 of 1)
More Discussions
You are e-mailing the following post:
E-mail this to:
Add your own personal message: (Optional)
Your e-mail address:
Send me a copy of this message Your e-mail address is used only to let the recipient know who sent the e-mail and in case of transmission error. Neither your address nor the recipient's address will be used for any other purpose.
Sorry, there was a problem emailing this post. Please try again.
Thank you. Sent email to
Thank you. Sent email to
You are reporting the following post:
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the , you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Offensive: Sexually explicit or offensive language
Spam: Advertisements or commercial links
Disruptive posting: Flaming or offending other users
Illegal activities: Promote cracked software, or other illegal content
Comments: (Optional)
Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.
Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Your message has been submitted and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
You are posting a reply to:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to the
for details. All submitted content is subject to .
Subject title (required, 60 characters max):
Message body:
You are currently tracking this discussion.
Track this thread and email me when there are updates. Please read before posting If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.
This thread is more than
days old. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and replying to it will serve no purpose. However, if you feel it is necessary to make a new reply, you can still do so.
I am aware that this thread is old, but I still want to post a reply.
Checkbox must be checked in order to post in this old thread.
Sorry, there was a problem submitting your post. Please try again.
Sorry, there was a problem generating the preview. Please try again.
Duplicate posts are not allowed in the forums. Please edit your post and submit again.
Thank you, , your post has been submitted.
Thank you, , your post has been submitted and will appear on our site shortly.联想笔记本电脑开机是A disk read error occurred_百度知道
联想笔记本电脑开机是A disk read error occurred
具体怎么操作
我有更好的答案
按默认排序
把硬盘上的重要资料拷走,会扩散的;最后一次正确配置,看是否有坏道,如果在保修期内。如果是逻辑坏道,那么可以用软件修复;&gt。如果有物理坏道;&gt可以肯定硬盘出问题了。如果不能打开电脑就送售后吧,不要尝试用软件修复或将其隔离,那就去售后免费换原装硬盘吧。用硬盘检测软件HD Tune检测下硬盘,硬盘坏道就像癌症;&&gt,最终整个硬盘都会坏掉。最根本的解决方法就是换硬盘;安全模式&gt、隐藏。如果能打开电脑。开机时不停按F8键&gt,联想的售后是很好的
笔记本开机要读软盘 A盘是软盘A disk read error occurred 意思是:软磁盘读取错误需要开机的时候进BIOS设置将A盘也就是软磁盘禁止启动
有可能是硬盘出现问题了,如果还在保修期的话建议送修,如果过了保修期的话建议送懂电脑维修的看看能不能修理,不能修理的话就只能买新的硬盘了
其他类似问题
联想笔记本电脑的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁查看: 3180|回复: 16
精华0阅读权限10最后登录在线时间1 小时
UID: 661415
精华: <font color=#
论坛新人, 积分 0, 距离下一级还需 50 积分
安装版系统
如题,笔记本开机一直停留在lenovo界面,几分钟后出现报错,无法开机,如图所示:
百度了一下,硬盘坏的可能性比较大,然后把硬盘拆下来,放在移动硬盘盒里,插到usb接口,到磁盘管理里看到:磁盘1未知 2048G未初始化(实际我的硬盘是320G),右键初始化磁盘提示“由于I/O设备错误,无法运行此项请求”,使用HDD Regenerator,提示“master boot record of this hard drive is damaged”,提示已损坏,难道是硬盘物理损坏了吗,还有其他工具推荐吗,求大神指点,非常感谢
精华0阅读权限0最后登录在线时间88 小时
头像被屏蔽
UID: 635991
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
精华0阅读权限20最后登录在线时间143 小时
UID: 625668
高级会员, 积分 1850, 距离下一级还需 1150 积分
重新分区看看,要是不行就低格
精华0阅读权限20最后登录在线时间67 小时
UID: 447485