完形填空解题技巧l have a friend with whom

36 &not only what they had done., but also what our teacher might have found out.
“Who did this?” she asked again. She never became angry, but she was this time. She held up &37 &broken glass and asked, “Who broke the window?”
38& &broke the window. I did not do it on purpose. It was caused by a &39 &&throw of a baseball. Why did it have to be me?
40 &in a lot of trouble. How would I be able to pay for a big window like that? I didn’t want to raise my hand, &41 &something much stronger than me pulled me up. “I did it. Then I was silent. &42 &was hard enough saying what I had.
43 &she stood looking down at my face. “Here is a book about birds. It is your now. You will not be punished. But remember, it’s only &44& your truthfulness.”
45 &one that I had been saving up all my money to buy.
B. of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. about
B. a &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. a piece of&&&&&&&&& D. a piece
B. what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. how&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. who
B. bad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. wonderful&&&&&&&& D. soft
B. be&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. get&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. got
B. and&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. which
B. I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. It &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. She
B. after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. before
B. of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. for
B. only&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. such&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. first
46&&& 47&&&& 48&& &&salad49&& &50& the vegetables and put them in a bowl
A&&&&&&&&&&BC
&&&5 1&& &it52&& the lock and the door opened53& that the key could open it so easily54&&& did you do that?55&& &him and said56&
57&& &we want to solve a problem58&& 59&& 60&&& &us
AB&&&&&&&&&&&&&&C
to the new Sea Life Centre At Plymouth.
here and everything is enjoyable. It costs43 &for over sixties and school groups.It’s 44 &from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.every day except 25th and 26th of December.
45 &include(46 &is always there to answer questions about what you’ve seen. &47 &you are in a group of six or more people, we &48 &&give you a special guided tour of the centre. But you &49 &to arrange(50 &.
51& tunnel(can walk through. All around you, you will see fish swimming―sometimes even over your head,You certainly have the&& 52 &view(53 &it and it’s really amazing for grown-ups ,too.
54 ,there is a relaxed family dining room serving food.
55 &information,phone .Have a good time!Thank you.
&&&&&&</e& &&&&C.Walk& &&&&&&D.Welcome
&&&&&&B.do& &&&&&&&C.play& &&&&&&&D.take
B.few& &&&&&&C.less &&&&&&&&D.fewer
&&&B.busy& &&&&&C.crowded& &&&D.open
&&&B.programs& &C.attractions& &D.performances
&&B.Anyone& &&&C.Everyone& &D.No one
&&&&B.If& &&&&&&&&C.Because& &&&D.Until
&&&&&&B.must& &&&&&&C.should& &&&D.have to
&&&&B.like&& &&&&&&C.hope& &&&&D.need
&&&&&B.arrive& &&&&&C.leave& &&&&D.travel
&&&&&B.arrive& &&&&&C.glass& &&&&&D.stone
&&&B.funniest &&&&C.most relaxing D.most frightening
&&&&&&B.visit& &&&&&C.love& &&&&&&D.find
&&&&&&B.bored &&&&&C.thirsty&& &&&&D.hungry
&&&&&B.more& &&&&&C.much& &&&&&&D.most
42_____, It’ll never return . That is& 43_____ we must’t waste time . It goes without saying that time is usually limited . Even a second is very important . we should make full use of our time to do 44_____ useful .
In a word , we should save time . we shouldn’t leave today’s work for tomorrow, Remember : we have no time to lose.
) 41.& A. less&&&&&&& B .much less&&&&&& C .even more
) 42.& A. lost&&&&&&& B. finished&&&&&&&& C. bought
) 43.& A. what&&&&&& B. because&&& &&&&&C. why
) 44.& A. nothing&&&& B. something&&&&&& C. anything
) 45.& A. spend&&&&& B. take&&&&&&&&&&& C. pay
) 46.& A .work&&&&&& B. money&&&&&&&&& C. lives
) 47.& A .speak&&&&&&&&&&& B. read&&&&&&&&&&& C. write
) 48.& A .listen to&&&&&&&&& B. listen&&&&&&&&&& C. hear
) 49.& A. take exams&&&&&& B. talk to people&&&& C. talk about things
) 50.& A .complain about&&& B. worry about&&&&& C. take care of
) 51.& A. places&&&&&&& B. questions&&&&&&&& C. chances
) 52.& A. friend&&&&&&& B. foreigner&&&&&&&& C .person
) 53.& A. again&&&&&&& B. instead&&&&&&&&& C only
) 54.& A. interests&&&&& B. improves&&&&&&&& C allows
) 55.& A. exams&&&&&& B. wasting time&&&&& C making mistakes
About ten years ago when I was a student at college, I spent my summer holidays &&21& at a museum. &&22& &was hard for me then. Dad had lost his job and Mum was sick &&23& . I was& 24& if I would be able to go on with my study the next term.
One day while I was working, I saw an old man come in with a little girl &&25& &a wheelchair(轮椅). As I looked &&26& at this girl, I found that she had no arms &&27 &legs. She was wearing a little white dress and she &&28& had a hat on.
As the old man pushed the wheelchair up to me, I was busy with my work. I &&29& my head toward the girl and gave her a wink(眨眼). When I took the money from her grandfather, I looked back at the girl, &&30& was giving me the prettiest, largest smile I have &&31& seen. Suddenly her handicap(生理缺陷)& 32& and all I saw was this beautiful girl, whose smile almost gave me a better understanding of what life is all about. She &&33& me from a poor, unhappy college student and brought me into her &&34& of smiles, love and warmth.
I’m now a successful business and &&35& I get down and think about the trouble of the world, I think about that little girl and the unforgettable lesson about life that she taught me.
21.A.to work&&& &&&& B. worked&&&& &&&&&& C. work&& &&& D. working
22.A.Work&&& &&&& &&&B. Life&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. Business&&& D. School
23.A.in the bed&& && B. in a hospital&&& C. in bed& D. in the hospital
24.A. wondering& &&& B. guessing& &&&&&&& C. hoping&& & D. checking
25.A. at&&& &&&&&&&& B. for&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. in&& && &&&&D. with
26.A. longer&& &&&&& B. nearer&&& &&&&&&& C. further&&&& D. closer
27.A. or&& &&&&&&&&& B. and&&& &&&&&&& &&&C. then&& &&&& &&D. so
28.A. too&& &&&&& &&& B. either&&& &&&&&&& C. as well&& &&D. also
29.A. held&& &&&&&&& B. turned&&& &&&&&&& C. lifted &&& &&D. gave
30.A.whose&&& &&&&&& B. whom&&&& &&&&& &&&C. who&&& &&&& &&D. that
31.A. ever&&&& &&&&& B. never&&&& &&&&&&& C. almost&& & &&D. even
32.A. was driven&&& B. was lost&&& &&&&& C. was gone&& D. was covered
33.A.saved&&& &&&&&& B. took&& &&&&&&& &&&&C. helped&&& &&& D. taught
34.A. place&&& &&&&& B. mind&&& &&&&&&&&& C. earth&& &&&&&& D. world
35.A. whatever&&& && B. whenever&&& &&&&& C. whoever&& D. however
Do you like comics〈漫画〉? Many of the world's most popular comics& 36&& &Japan. The drawing is excellent. The stories are interesting.& 37 &they are fun to read. 38 , Japanese artists often have new ways of drawing. They influence artists in 39 countries.
These comics are often made into cartoons 40 are watched by million of people in Asia, Europe, ad America. Also, toys are made from the comics. So you can see, it's a very 41 business!
Each person 42 &&his own favorite comic. Some popular 43 are Black Jack, Conan, and Sakura Many artists who draw comics become 44& in Japan. Some of them are like
movie stars. People love and respect their 45.
36. A. come from& B. is f rom& C. starting in&&&&&& D. write in
37. A. If&&&&&&&& B. And&&&&&& C. Or&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. But
38. A. One time&& B The truth& C. In fact&&&&&&&&&& D. How so
39. A. others&&&& B. another&&& C. other&&&&&&&&&&&& D. the 0ther
40. A. which&&&&& B. so&&&&&&&&& C. they&&&&&&&&&&&& D. what
41 A. small&&&&&&& B. bad&&&&&& C. big&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lucky
42. A. have&&&&&& B had&&&&&&&& C. has&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. having
43. A.comic&&&&&& B. one&&&&&&& C. Ones&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. artist
44. A. funny&&&& &B. famous&&&& C. good-looking&&&&& D. strange
45. A. job&&&&&&&& B. work&&&&& C. story&&&&&&&&&&&& D.movie
My Life,as it really is,is always filled with sadness and little joy.However,no matter whathappens,I can always face it& 36.
&&& In July,last year,l couldn’t believe the& 37 that 1 was allowed to enter the 0nly key high schoolin my hometown.Then I& 38 to my home and told my parents.But my father didn’t seem as& 39as 1 was.He just kept smoking without saying a word and my mother put her head d6wn and couldn’thelp crying.
&&& What I saw didn’t make me surprise.I knew very well what my family was& 40.My mum hadbeen in bed for two years because of her disease.I knew my family lived a& 41 life and couldn’t afford my tuition fee(学费).I felt so upset at that moment but I could say& 42 to my parents.
&&& I decided to help my father with his work to support my family instead of& 43& my schooling.
&&& To my surprise,things completely& 44& just three days before the beginning of the new term.45 head teacher who had taught me three years came to my family with some money,which had been 46 &by my schoolmates。He encouraged me,“Always have a dream。”
&&& At the same time,my father also earned some extra money& 47 he could afford part of my tuition fee.
&&& I knew 1 was such a lucky dog and& 48to study harder in return.With tears in my eyes,I stepped into the key high school that I had dreamed of.
&&& I have been studying hard since I entered the high sch001.Whenever I meet difficulties,I always& 49.my teacher and schoolmates,and I can& 50 &get enough courage(勇气)to go on.Because I&& have a college dream and must work hard for it no matter how hard life is.Just as a philosopher’s saying goes,“When one door shuts,another opens in life.’’
&&& (& )36.A.differently&&& B.bravely&&& C.carefully
&&& (& )37.A.idea&&& B.story&&& C.news
&&& (& )38.A.rushed&&& B.jumped&&& C.flew
&&& (& )39.A.nervous&&& B.excited&&& C.interested
&&& (& )40.A.about&&& B.1ike&&& C.against
&&& (& )41.A.strange&&& B.happy&&& C.hard
&&& (& )42.A.nothing&&& B.something&&& C.anything
&&& (& )43.A.stopping&&& B.continuing&&& C.enjoying
&&& (& )44.A.appeared&&& B.happened&&& C.changed
&&& (& )45.A.His&&& B.Their&&& C.My
&&& (& )46.A.raised&&& B.spent&&& C.planned
&&& (& )47.A.what if&&& B.even though&&& C.so that
&&& (& )48.A.pretended&&& B.decided&&& C.predicted
&&& (& )49.A.dream of&&& B.think of&&& C.hear of
&&& (& )50.A.never&&& B.sometimes&&& C.always
Rudi Matt lived in a small village in the Swiss Alps in 1865. What he wanted most in the world was to climb the &&26& &peak(山峰) in the Alps. Rudi's mother and his uncle, Franz, a mountain guide, wanted him to stop &&27& &and start working in a hotel. Rudi would not &&28& &his dream and secretly got in touch with an English mountain climber &&29& &was planning to climb the highest peak.
&&& Franz was very &&30& &when he found out what Rudi had done, but he finally agreed to let Rudi go if he went climbing, &&31& . Franz also didn't want to see Emil Saxo, a guide from another village, got to the top &&32 &&him.
&&& Rudi turned out to be a very good climber, &&33& &as they got close to the top, the Englishman got sick and could go no farther. Franz &&34& &behind to take care of him, but Saxo continued, wishing to be the &&35& &to the top. Rudi went after Saxo, hoping to &&36& &him to the top. When they met, Saxo fought with Rudi and fell down by accident. Saxo was helpless and hurt. Rudi must &&37& &whether to carry Saxo back down to safety or to continue alone to the top.
&&& He decided Saxo's life was more 38 than his dream and helped him down. During that time, the Englishman and Franz 39 the climb, and finally they reached the top. Later, when they returned to the village, they told people that &&40& &was the real conqueror(征服者) of the mountain.
26. A. highest&& B. farthest&&& C. biggest&&&&&&&& D. deepest
27. A. learning& B. playing&&&& C. climbing&&&&&&& D. talking
28. A. try out&& B. give up&&&& C. go over&&&&&&&& D. work out
29. A. what&&&&& B. which&&&&&& C. whom&&&&&&&&&&& D. who
30. A. tired&&&& B. glad&&&&&&& C. quiet&&&&&&&&&& D. angry
31. A. again&&&& B. too&&&&&&&& C. once&&&&&&&&&&& D. instead
32. A. after&&&& B. behind&&&&& C. before&&&&&&&&& D. over
33. A. but&&&&&& B. so&&&&&&&&& C. or&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. for
34. A. walked&&& B. rested&&&&& C. stayed&&&&&&&&& D. watched
35. A. first&&&& B. second&&&&& C. third&&&&&&&&&& D. last
36. A. take&&&&& B. beat&&&&&&& C. push&&&&&&&&&&& D. help
37. A. wonder&&& B. remember&&& C. ask&&&&&&&&&&&& D. decide
38. A. important B. successful& C. popular&&&&&&&& D. interesting
39. A. stopped&& B. continued&& C. enjoyed&&&&&&&& D. finished
40. A. Franz&&&& B. Saxo&&&&&&& C. the Englishman& D. Rudi
31&&& a house, to pay the bills. I get enjoyment out of my job. And&& 32&&& main reason to work is to make the money to&& 33 the things I want to do in my life.
a policeman does. If your house has been broken into and your things 35 , who do you call? Of course, you call the police! We go 36 to people's homes and take notes, and get back the stolen things hopefully. We 37 answer calls where people are having questions and try to 38 problems. At our station we sometimes receive calls from worried parents whose 39 are missing. Usually the children come back 40 , but children should always make sure their parents know where they are.
people improve their lives, and that's really important to me. I also play 42 because I love the game. I enjoy being part of a team and I get a lot of&& 43&&& from using the football skills.
44 &is certainly welcome too. I've just bought a new sports car and it's&& 45&& I enjoy the things I can buy with the money I get from work.
&&&& B. lock&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. open&&&&&&& && D. clean
&&&&&& B. my&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. her&&&&&&&& &&& D. his
&&&&&& B. remember&&&&&&& && C. do&&&&&&& &&&&& D. break
&&& B. where&&&&&&&&&& && C. what&&&&&& &&&& D. who
&&&& B. borrowed&&&&&&&& & C. washed&&&&& && D. stolen
&&&&& B. back&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. by&&&&&&& &&&&& D. around
&&& B. else&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. nearly&&&&&&& D. almost
&&&&&& B. work out&&&&&&& &&& C. take away&&& && D. hand in
B. students&&&&&&&&& & C. officers&&&&& & D. children
&&&&&& B. angrily&&&&&&&&& &&& C. loudly&&&&&&& D. early
&&&&& B. help&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. see&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. watch
B. volleyball&&&&&&& &&& C. football&&&&& && D. tennis
& B. difficulty&&&&&&&& && C. pleasure&&& &&&& D. surprise
&&&&& B. teams&&&&&&&&&&& & C. sports& &&&&&& D. games
&&&& B. great&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. boring&&&&&&& D. free
They lived in a small village 42 fifteen years. Later on Mr Hill opened a shop in our town and 43 a house here last month. Then his family moved in and David began to 44& in our class. But at first he had&& 45&&& friends at school. He was always alone.
girl. She had many friends. When she found the boy 47 talked with others, she decided to 48 him. She talked a lot with him and sometimes played with him. So very soon&&& 49&&&& became good friends.
birthday tomorrow. I' 11 have a birthday&&&& 51&& Will you please come?"
53&& he could give to Cathy. He was sorry that he
&&&& to ask the girl what& she liked. At that moment Mrs Hill came and asked, "What' s the
55&&& it was your sixteenth birthday, Mummy?"
&&&&& B. factory&& &&&&&&&& C. farm&&&&& &&&&&& D. restaurant
&&&&& B. for&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. on&&&&&&& &&&&& D. until
&&& B. opened&&&&&& & C. sold&&&&&&& &&& D. bought
&&&&&&&&& B. study&&&& &&&&&&& C. teach&&&&& &&&&& D. read
&&&&&&&&& B. many&&&& &&&&&&& C. some&&&&& &&&&& D. little
&&&&&&&&& B. kind&&&&& &&&&&&& C. shy&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. poor
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sometimes&& &&& C. usually&&&&&& & D. always
&&&&&&&&&&& B. save&&&&&& &&&&& C. tell&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. help
&&&&&&&&&&& B. they&&&&&& &&&&& C. he&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. we
&&& B. 15th&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. 16th&&&&&& &&&& D. 17th
&&& B. present&&&&&& & C. cake&&&&&& &&&& D. party
&&& B. happily&&&&&& & C. lonely&&&&& &&&& D. carefully
&& B. which&&&& &&&&&& C. when&&&&& &&&&& D. where
&&& B. forgot&&&& &&&&&& C. wanted&&&&&& D. liked
& B. why&&&&&&&& & C. if&&&&&&&&&& && D. how
Everybody at Boston University liked this tail, quiet boy. Once he was hurt, everybody at Boston University was 36 . People all over the country 37 about John Thomas and often asked, "Will he ever jump again ?"
leg. Then she looked into his 39 . She knew what her son would 40 . "You're going to jump again, John, I know it,"she said. "&& 41& will be all right. "
to do. He began at once. Even in his hospital bed John started to exercise. He used a wheel( looked like a machine shop!
the hospital. "Is it all right if I go camping( this summer?" he asked the doctors.
" But take it easy on that fool. "
walks at first. He was taking it easy on his foot. But not on anything else. He went swimming and did other kinds of exercises. He exercised 46 his body cried for a rest. Some days later, he exercised a little 47 . In late summer John went back to 48 . He asked if he could practise with the football team. Football wasn't his favorite, but he had to get that leg 49 again! He worked hard. "No one pushed him as hard as he pushed himself," said one of his friends. "To 50 a champion fighting back is a wonderful thing to watch. ":
&&& B. afraid&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. alone&&&&&&& && D. tired
B. talked&&&&&&& & C. heard&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. moved
&&&&&& B. lost&&&&&&& &&&& C. missing&&&&&& D. dead
&&& B. foot&&&&& &&&&& C. eyes&&&&&&& &&& D. leg
& B. use&&&&&&&& &&& C. agree&&&&&& &&& D. do
A. Nothing&&&& && B. Anything&&&& && C. Something&&& & D. Everything
&&& B. lot&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. few&&&&&&&& && D. bit
A. chair&&&&&&& & B. classroom&&&& C. home&&&&&& &&& D. bed
B. called&&&&&&& & C. left&&&&&&& &&&& D. found
&&& B. long&&&&&&&& & C. quick&&&&&&& & D. fast
&&&& B. if&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. until&&&&&&& &&& D. when&&&
A. later&&&&&&& && B. better&&&&&&& & C. more&&&&&& &&& D. less
A. school&&&&&& B. hospital&&&&&& C. shop&&&&&& &&&& D. church
&&&& B. strong&&&&&&& C. straight&&&&&& D. hard
&&& B. hear&&&&&&&& & C. know&&&&&& &&& D. see
Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
31 Why can't deaf people use hearing dogs?
that only& some& dogs& can& be trained as hearing dogs. The dogs must be&&&& 32 and able to learn. The dogs must be trained for a long time. The deaf people must study,&&&& 33 They learn how to work with the dogs.
34 Inside the home they listen for knocks&& 35&&&&& the door, ringing telephones, and alarm clocks.&& 36 listen for smoke alarms or strange sounds.
their owners outdoors. A deaf person 38 hear if danger is near. A hearing dog will make the person 39 if a car is coming. The dogs work hard all day long. For 40 work,they will get hugs and treats (
&&&&& B. idea&&& &&&& C. night&&& &&&&&&&&& D. time
&&&&&&&& B. weak &&&&&&& C. foolish&&&&&& & D. friendly
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. either &&&&&&& C. too&&&&&&&& &&& D. yet
&&&& B. smells &&& C. tastes&&&&& &&&& D. feelings
&&&&& B. by &&&&&&&&&&& C. at&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in
&&&&& B. They &&&&&&& C.It&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D.You
&&&&& B. look &&&&&&&& C. hurt&&&&&& &&&&& D. help
&&&& B. cannot &&&&& C. needn't&&&&&& & D. mustn't
&&&&& B. jump &&&&&&& C. stop&&&&&&& &&& D. lie
&&&&&&&&&&&& B. bad&&& &&&& C. lazy&&&&&&& &&& D. careless
& in Britain. "There are traffic police& 42 twenty-four hours a day. There are three shifts (43&&& hours. Usu-ally we have to deal with three or four&&& 44&&& each shift. "
thing. Then we have to clear the road and get the traffic&& 46&& again. "
Es&pecially when the roads are wet,it's more 48 Sometimes we get accidents 49 drivers don't follow the rules. For example, I've seen a lot of drivers who pass the others 50 the left. It's not right in 51 . If you want to pass the cars in front, you have to go into the fast lane on the right. "
52&&& It makes me feel&&& 53 every day―I never know&& 54&&& I'm going to do from one day to the next. And I meet all kinds of people. I&&& 55&& think there's any other job that can give you that experience. "
&&&&& B. shops &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. streets&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. hotels
&&&&&&&& B. on duty &&&&&&&&&&& C. on show&&&&&& &&&&& D. on TV
&&&&&&& B. fifteen&& &&&&&&&&& C. eighteen&&&&&&& &&&& D. twelve
&&&&&& B. news&&&& &&&&&&& C. games&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. accidents
&&&&&&& B. the last &&&&&&&&&&& C. the second&&&&&& && D. the only
&&&&&& B. serving &&&&&&&&&&& C. moving&&&&&&&& &&&& D. waiting
&&&&&&& B. carefully &&&&&&&&& C. slowly&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. patiently
&&&&&&& B. dangerous &&&&&&& C. cool&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. hard
&&&&&&& B. so&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. but&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. because
&&&&&&&&&& B. for &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. in&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. on
&&&&&& B. Britain &&&&&&&&&&&& C. America&&&&&&& &&&& D. Canada
&&&&&& &&&&B. house &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. job&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. cars
&&&&&&& B. angry &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sad&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. excited
&&&&&&&&&&&& B. how &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. where&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& D. which
&&&&&&& B. doesn't &&&&&&&&&&& C. don't&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& D. am not
31&& a pair of black glasses.
&ended our friendship. I remember that day clearly. We were 33 in the classroom. The teacher was giving us our re&sults of a Chinese exam. I had done badly. I felt so 34 that I wouldn't talk to anyone. At lunch-time,! even stayed in the classroom alone. Sudden&ly,! heard a 35 . It was Vanilla. "You look very unhappy,"she said. "What's wrong?" I looked at her for a while,but said 36 .1 knew Vanilla had got a good mark (in the exam. I thought she was 37 me. I sat silently, but Vanilla didn't go away,she 38 asking me questions: “Is it be&cause of the exam? Do you want me to tell you the right 39 ?" I looked away from her. When I looked up again, Vanilla had gone. And so had my exam paper! I didn't know 40 to do. I looked for my paper every where, but couldn't find it.
me my exam paper back. I looked at it and got a big 42 . Vanilla had written the right answers next to every one of my mistakes. How 43 she was! My face turned red. I wanted to hug her,but I only held her hands and said,"Thank you. "That afternoon, 44 Vanilla and I were on the way home, I felt quite happy and thanked her again. We are&&&&& 45&&&&& best friends.
&&&&&&& B. below&&& &&&&&&&& C. among&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. near
&&& B. quickly &&&&&&&&&&& C. nearly&&&&&& && D. happily
& B. sitting &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. dancing&&&& &&& D. playing
&&&&&&&&&&& B. sad&&&&&&&& &&& C. funny&&&&& &&&& D. excited
&&&&&&&& B. sound&&& &&&&&&&& C. noise&&&&&& &&& D. cry
& B. something &&&&&&& C. anything&&&&& D. nothing
& B. shouting at &&&&&& C. laughing at&&& & D. pointing at
&& B. kept&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. practiced&&& &&& D. remembered
& B. exams &&&&&&&&&&&& C. results&&&&&& & D. notes
&&&&&&& B. who&&&&&& &&&&& C. which&&&& &&&&& D. what
&&&&&&&& B. turned&& &&&&&&&&& C. carried&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. moved
&&&&&&&& B. interest &&&&&&&&&&& C. surprise &&&&&&&&&& D. fun
&&&&&& B. brave &&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. healthy&&&&&& & D. careless
&&& B. when &&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. after&&&&&& &&&& D. unless
&&&&&&&& B. yet&&&&&&&& &&& C. also&&&&&&&& && D. ever
in its mouth that read, "Can I have two kilos of meat, please?" In the dog's mouth there was also a ten-dollar bill. The shopkeeper felt very 32 , so he took the money, put the meat in a bag, put the bag in the dog's mouth, and then&&& 33&&& it.The dog walked down the street. 34&& it came to a crossing, it waited for the lights to turn 35& , and then walked across the &road.
36 , It looked at the timetable, and then it sat on a seat to 37 the bus.
of the bus, and went back to its seat. Another bus came. The dog went and looked at the number again, and then 39 .
&&& the dog stood up to push the button to stop the bus.
the bag and hit itself against the door again and again!&& A man opened the door and shouted at the dog&&& 42&&&& "What are you
43&&&&& the man, "This dog is a genius!"
44&&& | This is the second time this week it's forgotten its&&&& 45&&& !"
&&&&& B. photo&&&&& &&&&& C. map&&&& &&&&&&&& D. note
&&& B. worried&& &&&&&&& C. sad&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. shy
& B. saved&&&&& &&&&& C. followed&&&&& D. killed
& B. Before&&& &&&&&&& C. If &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Though
& B. green&&&&& &&&&& C. yellow&&&&& &&& D. black
& B. bus stop&&&&& & C. cinema&&&&&& & D. book shop
& B. look after&&&& & C. clean up&&& &&&& D. try on
&& B. color&&& &&&&&&& C. driver&&&&&&& & D. number
&& B. got down&& &&&& C. got on&&&&&&& D. got off
&& B. After a while&& C. Just now&&&& & D. So far
& B. washed&&&&&& C. dropped&&&&& & D. mended
&&&& B. angrily&&&&&& & C. quietly&&&& &&&&& D. politely
& B. thanked&&&&&& C. telephoned&&& & D. helped
&& B. Sure&&&&&&&& & C. No&&&&&&&& &&& D. OK
&&& B. bag&&&&&&&& && C. home&&&&&&& & D. key
46 &born in Bristol on July 31st, 1965. She has one sister who is two years &47 &than her. Both girls loved &48 &to their father read bedtime stories. They especially loved stories about magical49& the age of six.
50 the first Harry Potter book for young& 51& . It appeared in June, 1997. The book was a great success. And the film came out in November, 2001. Now Harry Potter series52& &with people of all ages and about sixty &&53& &books were sold in 200 countries. In this series, Harry is an ordinary boy: polite, friendly, brave and clever. So when children read about Harry,they can imagine being like him.ThatHarry Potter series has been so popular.
with the success. Now she
B. was&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. has&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. had
B. young&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. oldest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. younger
B. speak&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. listening&&&&&&&&&&& D. speaking
B. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. for&&&&&&&& &&& D. to
B. wrote&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. to write&&& &&&&& D. written
B. drivers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. singers&&&& &&&& D. readers
B. popular&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. glad&&&&&&& &&& D. busy
B. millions&&&&&&&&&&&& C. million of& &&&&&& D. millions of
B. where&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. why&&&&&&&& & D. what
B. worried&&&&&&&&&&&& C. unhappy&&&& && D. happy
I’m writing to you about my staying at your hotel.My wife and I& 41& &on Saturday,May 15 and stayed for a week,though we were treated& 42& &and found the Service excellent, we think there are one or two matters we& 43 bring your attention.
1.We had hoped for a nice& 44& from our busy work lives, and your ad said, “comfortable and quiet”.We went to have a chance to ejoy ourselves. However, we were 45& to find that repairs were sometimes needed, but is it 46 necessary to start early in the norning?
2.We had hoped to& 47 in you “wonderful pool”.To our disappointment, we foud that it was closed for the whole time of our stay.
I& 48& you do not mind me writing to you 49 these things, but I would be happy if you could give me some explanations. As I 50 at the start,it is a pity,and your service is so well in other fields.
&&&&&& B.arrived&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.went&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.retumed
&&&&&& B.equal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.good&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.well
&&&&&& B.can&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.may&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.will
&&& B.holiday&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.break&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.sleep
&&& B.happy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.glad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.sad
&&& B.as&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.too&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.really
B.swim&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.live&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.drink
B.want&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.need&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.hope
B.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.about&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.at
&&&&&& B.spoke&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.said&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.noticed
&, another professor read about the earlier reports. He told his students to &&&&what happened to the boys, They tried very hard and found that 176 of the boys had become successful &&&&doctors, teachers or scientists.
The professor was very &&&&and decided to study it further. Luckily, all the men were living in the same city and he was able to visit and ask each one,“What made you &&&
The teacher was &&living there, so the professor found her and asked the old lady &she had pulled those boys out of the slum, and changed them into successful people. The teacher’s &&&&began to shine and said with a sweet smile, “It’s really very easy, I &&&&those boys. I’m proud of them.”
41. A. read&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. study&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. write
42 .A. later&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. before&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. ago
B. find out&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. look for
B. like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. as
B. surprised&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. worried
B. successful&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. famous
B. even&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. still
B. where&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. when
B. eyes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. mouth
B. loved&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. helped
16& &your first difficult maths problem? Who taught you the difference between&& 17& ?
18& &Day. So why not do something& 19& to thank your dad?
20& &lady called Sonora Smart Dodd in 1909. She wanted a special day to honour21& his wife died during the birth of their& 22 &child. Dodd thought there needed to be a day to honour great and loving dads. Her father was born& 23 , so she chose to hold the first Father’s Day celebration on his birthday in 1910. In 1924, US president Calvin Coolidge& 24 the idea of a national Father’s Day. Finally, in 1966, the third Sunday in June was nade Father’s Day. There are many ways& 25 your love and thanks.
26 a greeting card. Usually fathers prefer cards that are not too emotional27 .
28 make him feel like a king.
29 : the red rose is the offical Father’s Day flower.
30& . cover his desktop with words like “I love you, Dad.”
B.to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.by
B.big and small&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.right and wrong& &&& D.long and short
B.Father’s&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Children’s&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.Wornen’s
B.special&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.strange&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.hard
B.Japanese&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Chinese&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.American
B.until&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.before
B.fourth&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.fifth&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.sixth
B.on May 19&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.on June 19&&&&&&&& &&& D.in July
B.disliked&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.needed&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.wanted
B.to bring&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.to show&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.to say
B.you&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.me&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.him
B.you&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.me&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.him
B.jurnp&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.shout&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.laugh
B.can&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.must&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.need
B.books&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.must&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.shoes
B.computer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.car&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.bike
36&& down everything interesting. But he found one thing 37&&& interesting than the others. In his diary Thomas wrote:“38&& &the Italians eat meat, they use small forks. They do not eat with their hands because, as they say, people do not always have 39&& hands.”
Before he want back to England, Thomas Coryate bought a few 40&& .
At home Thomas had a dinner party to show the forks to his friends. When the steak the steak as the Italians did in Italy. His friends were 42&& &when they saw this, He told them what the fork was. They all said that Italians were very strange people because the fork was not easy to use at all. Thomas Coryate tried to prove that his friends were 43& , so he began to show that it was easy to use the fork. But the first 44&& &of meat he took with the fork fell to the floor, His friends began to 45 &&at him and he had to take the fork away.
People in England began to use forks only fifty years later.
B.wrote&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.went&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.calmed
&&& B.much&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.even&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.more
B.When&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Where
B.big&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.dirty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.safe
B.dishes& &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.forks&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.plates
B.eat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cut
&&& B.bored&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.tired&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.surprised
B.correct&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.wrong&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.clever
B.kilo&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.pound&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.packet
B.look&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.shout &&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&D.laugh
When we were having an English test this morning, I felt somebody was watching me a little too closely. I turned my &&36& &quickly and saw Jack, who sat right behind me. My eyes caught &&&37& &and he said very quietly,“I hope you studied for this38 !”
“What am I going to do?”I thought to myself. I& 39& &cheating40& &for the test. Clearly Jack hadn’t. During the exam, I tried several ways to guard my answers so that Jack wouldn’t be able to see them.when the exam& 41& , I felt I should let him know cheating was& 42& . And I didn’t want to destroy43& &the right words.
“Sorry, Jack,& 44& &you know how I feel about cheating.”I said slowly and gently.“Maybe I could help you&& 45& &before the next test.”“Ok, Bob,”he smiled weakly,“It rnight not be easy, but I’ll have a try.”
36.A.head&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.hand&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.crasser&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.pencil
37.A.hers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.his&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.ours&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.yours
38.A.exam&&&&&&&&&&&& B.job&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.book&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.chance
39.A.suggest&&&&&&&&& B.like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.hate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.finish
40.A.slow&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.slowly&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.hardly
41.A.ended&&&&&&&&&&& B.began&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.went on&&&&&&&&&&&& D.took place
42.A.good&&&&&&&&&&&& B.wrong&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.easy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.difficult
43.A.agreed with&&& B.scardhed for&&&&&& &&&&&& C.took up&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.looked at
44.A.and&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.move&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.but
&45.A.drive&&&&&&&&&&&& B.move&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.count&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.study
46& &wild dogs were trained by&& 47& &in Europe about 10,000 years ago. These first“dogs”were not like& 48& &we have now. They may have been small wolves. These dogs often came near humans to& 49& &some food. Some of the young dogs were adopted
50& &were a help to them in many ways. The dogs helped them to hunt51& . people could. They helped keep people& 52& &on cold nights. So is was& 53& &to raise the dogs.
54& &they may look quite different from each other. Dog trainers think there are more that 400 different kinds in the world. The number keeps increasing with new kinds.
55& &them from now on because they are really our friends.
46.A.first&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.late&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.last&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.whole
47.A.wolves&&&&&&&&&&& B.cats&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.humans&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.students
48.A.where&&&&&&&&&&&& B.what&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.which
49.A.steal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.waste&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.serve
50.A.steal&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.foxes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.wolves&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.dogs
51.A.when&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.before&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D.as soon as
&52.A.cool&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.warm&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.bot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cold
53.A.hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.useless&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.easy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.useful
54.A.so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.and&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.but&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.although
55.A.hurt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. kill&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. protect&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. save
26& &Gravy(
You know, we pour gravy over meat and it tastes good! My parents found my &&27& &interesting, but named the new baby Caroline, instead.
Having a sister &&28& &my life. When my sister and I played together, we &&&29& &got into fights and got angry with each other if we did &&30& &wrong. It sometimes drove our parents crazy. &&31& &at the same time, we learned to share our things and to forgive(32&& .
In North America, there are many kinds of families, but &&33& &families have a boy and a girl. Of course, some have three or more. In China, most children&& 34&& have brothers or sisters, and they have to learn those things in other ways, which is more &&35 &&.
When I &&&36& &away to university, my sister &&37& &me she wished I still lived at&& 38&& . She wasn’t used to getting all the attention from my parents. But Chinese children get all the attention for all their life!
Some middle school &&&39& &in China wish they had a brother or sister. If you are one of them, I &&&40& &a good idea for you. Treat your friends and classmates as your brothers and sisters!
B. him &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. me &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. them
B. idea&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. lesson &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. story
B. saw &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. changed &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. enjoyed
B. again &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. seldom &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. often
B. everything&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. anything &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. nothing
B. So &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Or&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Through
B. excited &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. hungry &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worried
B. several &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. all &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. most
B. don’t&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. needn’t &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. wouldn’t
B. difficult &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. careful &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. friendly
B. put &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. moved&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. came
B. answered&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. told &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. warned
B. work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. school&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. family
B. teachers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. workers&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. lovers
B. have f&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. learn &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. make
21& &with pencils and paper, checking their luggage, when there was a &&22 &at the door. Mr. Smith went to &23& &it and saw a well-dressed middle-aged lady outside. The lady said that she lived in the house beside theirs, and that she had come to &&24& &them to their new home.
25& ,” she answered. “Do you know in some parts of this &26 &neighbours are not all &27& ? There are some streets where people do not &28& their neighbours, &29 &their next-door ones. But in this street everybody is friends with &30 &else. We are one big, happy family. I’m &31& that you will be &32 &here.”
33& when she came to visit the house the &34& time, because she found a quite& 35 &man and woman in it. Mr. and Mrs Smith had not had the &courage to tell her that they were not the new owners of the house, who were to move in the next day, but the old ones, who have lived beside her for two years without ever having visited her or even noticing her existence (
B. busy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. pleased& &&&&&&&&& D. familiar (
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. ring&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. friend&& &&&&&&&&& D. message
&&&&&&&&&&& B. serve& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. see& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. guess
&&&&&& B. lead&& &&&&& &&&&&& C. take&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. welcome
B. here you are&& C. never mind& &&&& D. thank you
&&&&&&&&&&& B. street&& &&&&&&&&&& C. town&& &&&&&&&&&& D. time
&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. lonely&& &&&&&&&&&& C. safe&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. friendly
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. understand& &&&& C. welcome& &&&&&&& D. respect
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. even&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. mostly& &&&&&&&&&& D. neither
&&&&&&&&& B. nobody&& &&&&&&& C. somebody&& &&& D. none
&&&&&&&& B. glad&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. sure&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. afraid
&&&&&&&&&&& B. lonely&& &&&&&&&&&& C. popular&& &&&&&&& D. friendly
B. fright&& &&&&&&&&&& C. pleasure& &&&&&&&& D. worry
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. exact&& &&&&&&&&&& C. next&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. same
&&&&&&&&&&& B. different&& &&&&&& C. young&& &&&&&&&&& D. old
41 &had broken down. Just then a poor man named Robert came. He was on his &42& back home from work as usual.
43& &me? He looks very cold and hungry." But to her surprise, &44& stopped and said with a smile, “Can I help you, madam?"
&45 &, the car was at last fixed by Robert. The lady wanted to pay him.
46& &, madam." he said, “I was just helping someone in &47& . If you really want to pay me back, I hope &48& &you see someone in need, you should give him a hand."
49 &a shabby
50& . The lady could see that was a &51& &family and that they needed help. When the hostess was making tea in the kitchen, the lady &52& &on a table 500 dollars and went away quietly.
53& &their life was. His wife was pregnant54& &money. His wife went up to him, gave him a kiss and said softly, “Don't worry, dear! Everything's going to be all &55 . A stranger has helped us out."
B. motorbike&&&&&&&&&&& C. bus&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. car
B. way&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. road&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. life
B. save&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. kill&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. find
B. he&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. they
&&&B. hours&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. minutes&&&&&&&&&&& D. years
&B. something&&&&&&&&&&& C. everything&&&&&&&&& D. anything
B. rain&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. need&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. danger
B. whenever&&&&&&&&&&& C. however&&&&&&&&&&& D. whichever
&&B. heard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. smelt&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. felt
B. away&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. along
B. sad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. rich&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. poor
&B. forgot&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. lay&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. left
B. hard&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &C. happy&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. interesting
B. some&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. enough&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. few
B. wrong&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. glad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. well
26& &very happily down a street. Suddenly from his car came a terrible sound. He felt &&27& , so he stopped his car and looked around. He saw a child standing nearby with a few small stones (&28 &&the car and found a dent (29& &that he caught the boy and shouted at him, “Who are you?&&&&&& 30& &did you throw a stone at my new car?”
stone &&31& &I wanted to get you to notice me. I need your &&32& !”
&33 &&out of his wheelchair (and was almost under it. He is hurt and too &&34& &for me. Could you give me &&35 &&to get him back into his &&36& ?”
&& &37& &to help him. He lifted the child’s brother &&38& &back into his wheelchair. He looked over the boy carefully to make sure that he was OK. Then he watched the child &&39& &his brother towards their home. Suddenly the child &&40& &and bowed (looked at the dent in his car and smiled.
&&&&&&&&&&&& B. riding&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. jogging&&&&&&&&& && D. driving
&&&&&& B. interested&&&&& &&&&&& C. surprised&&&&&&&& & D. tired
&&&&& B. across&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. over&&&&&&&&&&&& & D. out of
B. sad&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. angry&&&&&&&&&&& & D. sorry
&&&&&& B. How&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. When&&&&&&&&&&& & D. Where
&&&&&&& B. because&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. though&&&&&&&&&& & D. while
&&&&& B. car&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. help&&&&&&&&&&&& & D. phone
&&&&&&&&&&&& B. got&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. climbed&&&&&&&&& & D. pulled
&&&&& B. weak&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. heavy&&&&&&&&&&& & D. thin
&&&&& B. a touch&&&&&&&& &&&& C. a pull&&&&&&&&&&& & D. a ring
&&&& B. wheelchair&&&& &&&&&& C. house&&&&&&&&&&& & D. place
&&&& B. preferred&&&&&& &&&&& C. wanted&&&&&&&&& && D. planned
&&&&& B. gently&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. calmly&&&&&&&&&&& D. tightly
B. send&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. take&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. push
&&&&& B. looked around&&&&& C. got up&&&& &&&&& &&&&&& D. turned around
___say that London is not a foggy city at all!But if London is not foggy.__35___bo so many people in China think it is?In tact, London used to be a foggy city ,__36___in isn't any more.
it in their houses ____37___warm duing the winter .By the 1950s,Long-don's air pollution had became so __38__that the govemmentwas not allowed to bum ,the air became much cleaner.
with air pollution that London met forty or fitty years ago. However.this problem is more difficult for Chinese cities to ___42___.First, more of the pollution comes from big fsctoies than from coal that pcople use in their houses. If these fac-lories are suddenly closed,lots of people__43__their jobs.Second , cleaner fuelsslowly becoming cleaner,because the govem-ment and ordinary people are trying to make pollution__45__.As a result,the air in Beijing is get-ting cleaner and cleaner.
&&B.have to&& &&&&C.should&&& &&&&&D.Will
&&B.when&&&&& &&&C.which&&&& &&&&D.why
&&B.but&&&&&& &&&&C.SO&&&&&&& &&&D.or
&&&B.keeping&& &&&C.kept&&& &&&&&D.keep
&&&&B.good&&&& &&&&C.badly&&& &&&&D.bad
B.anybody&&& &C.nobody&& &&&&D.everybody
&&&&B.ago&&&& &&&&C.later&&&& &&&&&D.after
&&&B.question&&& &&C.accident&&& &&&D.discussion
&&&&&&B.answer&&& &&&C.solve&&& &&&&&D.save
&&&&&&B.lose&&&& &&&&&C.would lose&& &D.will lose
&&&&&B.already&& &&&&C.hardly&& &&&&&D.nearly
&&&&&&&B.less&&& &&&&&&C.much&&& &&&&D.more
32& in Europe. In a number of European countries, people &&33 rurn on their TVs and shop for clothes,jewelry,food,and many other things.
34 in Europe. The biggest Swedish company sells different kinds of things on TV in European countries,and in one year it can
35& about $100 million. In France there are two teleshopping& 36& ,and the French spend about $20 million a year buying things& 37& these channels. In Germany,teleshopping was only one channel for an hour every day last year. Now the government& 38& opening other channels for teleshopping,including the largest American teleshopping company and a 24-hour teleshopping company. German businessmen hope this new teleshopping will help them sell& 39& things.
40& they can do some shopping without leaving their homes,espccially in the& 41& with heavy traffic.& 42 at the same time,other Europeans do not like this new way of shopping.They call teleshopping “Junk& 43 ”.They usually& 44& the quality of the things sold on TV.
45& for high quality makes the European teleshopping companies have to be different from the American companies.&& 46& will have to be more careful about the quality of the things they sell if they want to make money.
B.producing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.creating&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.starting
B.muat&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.need&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.should
B.popular&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.pleasant&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.fair
B.earn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.spend&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.lose
B.companies&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.business&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.stations
B.on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.with
B.agree&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C.allow&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.accept
B.most&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.less&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.more
B.until&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.unless
B.cities&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.roads&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.villages
B.But&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Therefore&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Or
B.in the air&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C.by air&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.off the air
B.laugh at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.worry about&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.talk about
B.decision&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.interest&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.rule
B.We&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.They&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.I
31 &him to work on the farm for one year when he was free. Tom was &32 &with his father' s idea. "That isn' t my job. I have &&33& &school work to do.& " Hearing this, his father said, "I promise (34 &finish one year's work.& " Tom thought for a while and& &35 &.
Starting one Saturday, the boy got up early and worked& &36& &until evening, just like any other farmer. Time passed quickly. Tom' s crops (37& &the last day of the year, the father called his son to him.& "I'm happy to see that you have worked very hard the whole year," said the father.& " Now, tell me& &&38&&& you want "
The boy smiled and showed his father a big piece of bread made from his wheat (&39 &present. No pains, no gains. I think this is what you wanted& &40 &&to know.” His father was quite pleased to hear that.
B. let&&&&&& &&C. made&&&&&&&& D.& stopped&&&&&&&&&&
&&B. unhappy&&& C. excited&&&&& &&D. worried&&&&&&&&&&
&B. so little&& &C. too much&&&&& D. a lot&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. must&&&&& &C. need&&&&&&&&& D. can&&&&&&&&&&
B. answered&&& C. agreed&&&&&&& D. began&&&&&&&&&&&
B. hardly&&&&&& C. slowly&&&&&& &D. difficultly&&&&&&&&
B. On&&&&&&&& C. In&&&&&&&&&&& D. By&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. which&&&&&& C. how&&&&&&&&& D. what&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. worst&&&&&& C. best&&&&&&&&&& D. fewest&&&&&&&&&
B. I&&& &&&&&&C. my&&&& &&&&&&&D. me&&&&&&&&&&&&
46&& &coast47&& six time zones. 48& it is 9 a. m. in Vancouver on the west coast
English and French 49& &the two main languages in Canada. About 60 percent of 50& people speak English, and about 25 percent speak French. More& 51 &70 percent of its population live in cities near the US border
Ottawa is the capital. Every year millions of tourists go there to 52& &museums and take part in the cultural53 about 2. 5 million people. Montreal is 54 second biggest French-speaking city in the world.
The maple leaf is the national symbol of Canada. The Canadian flag has a red maple leaf on a red 55 white background.
B. east &&&&&&&&&&&C. south &&&&&&&&&D. north
B. had &&&&&&&&&&&&C. has &&&&&&&&&&D. have
&&&B. What &&&&&&&&&&C. Where&&&&&&& &D. When
B. is &&&&&&&&&&&&&C. will be &&&&&&&&D. has been
B. his &&&&&&&&&&&&C. its &&&&&&&&&&&D. our
B. over &&&&&&&&&&&C. about &&&&&&&&D. than
&B. visit &&&&&&&&&&&C. look &&&&&&&&&&D. find
B. for&&&&&&&&&&& &C. from&&&&&&&&& &D. at
B. an&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. the&&&&&&&&&&& D.
B. and &&&&&&&&&&&&&C. but&&&&&&&&&&& &D. however
remembered my birthday, not even my family. But now I don't (45) any more, especially this year,
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. busy& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. weak &&&&&&&& D. silent
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. before && &&&&&&&& C. opposite& &&&&&&&& D. between
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. prevent&&& &&&&&& C. prefer&& &&&&&&&&& D. reach
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. somebody& &&&&& C. anybody &&&&&&&&& D. nobody
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. agree&& &&&&&&&&&& C. care&& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. blow
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. difference&&&&&&&&& C. experience &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. address
& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. choosing& &&&&&&& C. celebrating &&&&&& D. learning
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mean&& &&&&&&&&&& C. miss&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. afford
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. interested &&&&&&&& C. frightened &&&&&&& D. covered
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. library&& &&&&&&&&& C. meeting &&&&&&&&&& D. channel
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. search&& &&&&&&&&& C. travel& &&&&&&&&&&&& D. greet
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. since&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. after&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. though
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. chances&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. voices& &&&&&&&&&& D. programs
B. rewarding& &&&&& C. disappearing &&&& D. changing
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. confident& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. central&& &&&&&&&& D. proud
31& &in hospital. By the time he was eight, you wouldn’t know he has a problem when you saw him &32 .
33& &their play, and Joey would jump and ran and play, &34& . We never told him that he probably wouldn’t be &&35& &to run like the other children. So he didn’t know.
36& &grade he decided to join the school running team. Every day he trained. He ran more than any of the others, &&37& &only the top seven runners would be chosen to run for the &&38& . We didn’t tell him he probably would never make the team, so he didn’t know.
39& , so I went to &&40& &him after school. I found him running 41& . I asked him how he felt. “Okay,” he said. He has two more miles to go. Yet he looked straight ahead and kept &&42& .
43& &were caked. Joey was number six on the list. Joey had &&44& &the team. He was in seventh grade ― the other six team members were all eighth graders. We never told him he couldn’t do it … so he didn’t know. He just &&45 it.
A. spent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. taken&&&&&&&&& &&& C. cost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. paid
A. talk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sit&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. study&&&&&&&& &&& D. walk
A. after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. before&&&&&&& &&& C. during&&&&&&& &&& D. till
A. either&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. too&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. though&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. yet
A. able&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sorry&&&&&&&&& &&& C. glad&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. afraid
A. sixth&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. seventh&&&&&&&&&&&& C. eighth&&&&&&& &&& D. ninth
A. so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. if&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. then&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. because
A. neighborhood&&&&& B. family&&&&&&& &&& C. school&&&&&&& &&& D. grade
A. excited&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. tired&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. pleased&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worried
A. think about& &&& B. hear from&& &&& C. agree with& &&& D. look for
A. alone&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. away&&&&&&&&& &&& C. almost&&&&&&& &&& D. already
A. riding&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. walking&&&&&&&&&&&& C. playing&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. running
A. jumpers&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. runners&&&&& &&& C. doctors&&&&&&&&&&&& D. teachers
A. got&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. kept&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. made&&&&&&&& &&& D. found
A. did&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. had&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. left&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. took
&31 . When we graduated from college32& to do it.
33 &the Mekong River34 &it was autumn, thesnow had already started to fall in Tibet. Our legs felt so heavy and &35 &that we thought they were ice.Have you ever seen &36 &ride bicycles37 .To climb up the mountain road was hard work but to go &38 &the hills was great fun.When we reached a valley39& our clothes. In the earlyevening40& our tents and then we ate. After supper41& but Istayed awake. At midnight42 .There was almost no &43 only the sound of the fire. What a &44 &night45 &us in the ride trip. I'm sure we'll havea greater time together.
B. bike &&&&&&&&&&C. train &&&&&&&&&&&&D. plane
B. experience &&&&&C. information &&&&&&D. instruction
B. on &&&&&&&&&&&&C. along &&&&&&&&&&&D. above
B. Because &&&&&&&C. When &&&&&&&&&&&D. If
B. hot &&&&&&&&&&&C. comfortable &&&&&&D. cold
B. businessmen &&&C. engineers &&&&&&&&D. foreigners
B. her &&&&&&&&&&&C. me &&&&&&&&&&&&&D. them
&&B. over &&&&&&&&&&&C. up &&&&&&&&&&&&&D. down
B. carry &&&&&&&&&&C. change &&&&&&&&&D. dry
B. put on &&&&&&&&&C. put away &&&&&&&D. put down
B. sleep &&&&&&&&&&C. travel &&&&&&&&&&D. run
B. dim &&&&&&&&&&C. light &&&&&&&&&&&&D. bright
B. fog &&&&&&&&&&C. cloud &&&&&&&&&&&&&D. rain
B. boring &&&&&&&&C. noisy &&&&&&&&&&&&&D. quiet
B. join &&&&&&&&&&C. visit &&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. interview
. It’s unusual Cshe usually 37&&& the door and welcomes me with a smile!
&what she says. The tulip&is dying.
&our new house and mum bought a very beautiful tulip. Mum liked it very much. 41&&& &she was free, she would sit 42&& &her armchair beside the tulip and enjoys its beautiful colour 43&& &inviting smell.
. She put the tulip by window and moved it from one place to 45&&& &to give the tulip enough sunshine. The first thing she did when she 46&& every morning was 47&& &the tulip, Mum also fertilized
. But the tulip was dying 49&& &too much sunshine, water and fertilizer.
&be harmful. Love can sometimes kill what you love.
B.unhappy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.pleased&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.pleasure
B.opens&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.keeps&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.takes
B.love&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.think&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.find
B.hate&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.unlike&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.like
B.around&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.across&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.with
B.Because&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.After&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Whereever
B.in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.on&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D.under
B.and&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.or
B.brightly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.carefully&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.usually
B.place&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.two places&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.another
B.made the bed&&&&&&&&&&&& C.played piano&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.washed her face
B.to cut&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.to water&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.to pull
B.strong&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.wet&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.old
B.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.since&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.because of
B.should&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.can&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.need
He felt &&46& . He always felt sick on Monday mornings. He had to go to school for a &&47& &week! He almost wished there were no week-ends.&&& 48& &was even more difficult for him to go back to school!
49& &in bed and wondered what excuse(
50& &wrong, A little headache? &&51& . He had used that excuse many times. Then he realized that one of his teeth was loose(52& &be thought that Aunt Polly would pull the tooth out. That would&& 53& ! He looked for something else. Suddenly he remembered what the doctor had said about a certain problem with toes. He pulled his right foot out and looked at it. &&54& &of the toes was really hurting, Tom began to groan.
“What’s &&55& &with you?” Aunt Polly asked.
“My toe hurts.”
The old lady fell into a chair, &&56& &a little. “Tom, you frightened me. Now shut up
Tom felt like a thief being caught. “Well, it seemed all right. It hurt so much &&58& &I
“Tooth, eh? What’s wrong with your tooth?”
“One of them is loose and it hurts &&59& .”
“No problem,” answered Aunt Polly. “I can pull it out.”
“Please, Auntie! Don’t pull it out. It has &&60& &hurting now. Please!”
“No way! Well, you’ll have your tooth out and you’ll go to school?
&&&&& B. tired&&&&&&& &&&&& C. sick&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. hungry
&&&&&&&& B. all&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. next&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. this
&&&&&&&&& B. This&&&&&&& &&&&& C. The weekend &&&&&&& D. It
&&&&&&&&&& B. lay&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. lied&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. lying
& B. anything&& &&&&&&&& C. everything&& &&&&&&&& D. nothing
&&&&&& B. Yes&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. None&&&&&& &&&&&&&& D. Great
&&&&&& B. when&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. while&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. as
&&&&&& B. work&&&&& &&&&&&& C. hurt&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D. be good
&&&&&& B. Two&&&&&& &&&&&& C. Some&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. Many
&&&&&&&& B. trouble&&&&& &&&&& C. problem&&&&& &&&&&& D. wrong
&&&& B. smiling&&&&& &&&&& C. shouting&&&&&& &&&& D. talking
&&&& B. chair&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. bed&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& D. kitchen
&&&&& B. which&&&&& &&&&&& C. that&&&&&&&&& &&&&& D. until
&&&&& B. badly&&&&& &&&&&&& C. worse&&&&&& &&&&&&& D. terrible
& B. forgotten& &&&&&&&&& C. enjoyed&&&&&&& &&& D. begun
&to Father Christmas, telling him about all the presents we 27&& . We carefully posted the letter toFather Christmas, the North pole
Christmas Eve came, The whole family helped to 28&& &the house, put up the Christmas tree and blow up the balloons. Then, in the afternoon, when Aunt Kate and my two cousins arrived,
&was ready. Before we went to bed, we left some wine and meat for Father Christmas and then put our 30&&& &at the end of our beds. We tried to keep 31&& &as long as possible to see Father Christmas, but the next thing we knew it was 32&&& &-Christmas morning!
&the stocking. It was now full of all kinds of small present and sweets. Christmas morning was bright and sunny. After going to church, my cousin David and I went out into the garden to 34&&& &our new present. Lunch was always late, but what a lunch! Delicious turkey with all the vegetables followed by fruits and ice creams.
35&& &lunch, Father, Mother and Aunt rested on the sofas in front of the Queen’s speech on TV. We took out the toys, put on the funny paper hats, laughed at the jokes and played 36&&& .Then came the afternoon tea and a large 37&& &cake covered with snowmen. It didn’t seem possible, 38&& &we still went on eating. By bedtime all of the children were very 39&& . As soon as Mom 40&&& &the light, we all fell into a deep sleep.
B. letter&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. diary&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. composition
B. carried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sold&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. borrowed
B. build&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. choose&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. decorate
B. nothing&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. everything&&&&&&&& D. anything
B. trousers&&&&&&&&&&&& C. jackets&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. stockings
B. asleep&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. alone&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. away
B. afternoon&&&&&&&&&& C. evening&&&&&&&&&&&& D. night
B. change&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. open&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. hang
B. play with&&&&&&&&&& C. throw away &&&& D. pass on
B. After&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. During&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. At
B. carefully&&&&&&&&&&& C. silently&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. slowly
B. New Year&&&&&&&&& C. Christmas&&&&&&&&& &&& D. Thanksgiving
B. so&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. or&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. and
B. tired&&&&&&&&&& &&& C. excited&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& D. surprised
B. turned back&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. turned up&&&&&&&&& &&& D. turned off
42&& big eyes. Her big eyes are&& 43& &us her dream: I wish to &&44& ! In China, there are still& 45 &girls and boys like her. They want to go to school, but their& 46& are too poor. If the family has two or three children, it is harder to&& 47& &the money for all the children. So the parents often ask &&48& &to stay at home, and boys to go to school.
Now they needn’t &&49 &&the money. From 2006 on, children can go to school for free in some poor places. They don’t have to pay for books and other things. Some of them can even get money from the government(50& &. Soon, all the children in the countryside can go to school for free. All families are very happy with the news. It is& 51& great.
&&&&&&&&&&& B. on&&& &&&&&& C. to&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. in
&&&&&&&&& B. telling&&& & C. speaking &&&&&&& D. talking
. go to work&& &&&& B. go to bed& C. go to school &&& D. go home
. a lot&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B. 1ot of&&& & C. a lot of &&&&&&&&&& D. much
. schools&&& &&&&&&& B. cities&&& && C. houses&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D. families
. pay&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. take&&& &&& C. buy&&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. lend
&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. girls&&& &&& C. boys&&& &&&&&&&&& D. all the children
. look up&&& &&&&&&& B. turn on&&& C. worry about && D. make sure
&&&&&&&&&& B. shorter&&& C. longer &&&&&&&&&&&& D. worse
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. never&&& & C. hardly&&& &&&&&&& D. really
36. A. father&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. mother&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. grandma&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. grandpa
37. A. shouted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. sent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. came&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. reached
38. A. operate &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. use&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. repair
39. A. loved&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. lost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. forgot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. remembered
40. A. So&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. As&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. But&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. And
41. A. reported&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. said to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. told&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. cried at
42. A. quietly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. happily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. angrily&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. loudly
43. A. yourself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. myself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. himself&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. herself
44. A. worse&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. poorer&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. better&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. more helpful
45. A. wonderful&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. important&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. warm-hearted&&&&& D. beautiful
46. A. at&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. for
47. A. however&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. which&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. whoever&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. whatever
48. A. his heart&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. his eyes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. his life&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. his ears
49. A. afraid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. tired&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. full&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. proud
50. A. much more than&&&&&&&& B. less than&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. many more than&& D. as much as
B. so&&&&&&&&& C. quite&&&&&&&&&&& D. very
B. looked after&& C. caught up with&&& D. laughed at
B. something&&& C. everything&&&&&&& D. anything
B. join&&&&&&&& C. get&&&& &&&&&&&&&&D. make
B. to&&&&&&&&& C. among&&&&&&&&&&& D. before
B. win&&&&&&&&& C. pass&&&&&&&&&&& D. beat
B. reached&&&&&& C. thought&&&&&&&& D. chose
B. times&&&&&&&& C. topics&&&&&&&&&& D. sentences
B. good&&&&&&&&& C. bad&&&&&&&&&&&& D. interested
B. speech&&&&&&&& C. eyes&&&&&&&&&&& D. ears
B. of&&&&&&&&&&&& C. for&&&&&&&&&&&& D. to
B. what &&&&&&&&&&C. which&&&&&&&&& D. who
B. at&&&&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&&&& D. on
B. Since&&&&&&&&& C. Before&&&&&&&&& D. From
B. me&&&&&&&&&&& C. everyone&&&&&&& D. myself
36 &for that. But then, just as he was leaving his office a little &37 , a man rang up and kept speaking for the next fifteen minutes. “I can &38 &get home in time if I hurry,” Andy told himself as he &39 &out of the office. As he drove off in his car, he &40 &that there was little petrol41 &Fenton’s because one should get petrol by oneself at this station. “You do all the work yourself, but you pay &42 &for the petrol,” he used to complain. At Fenton’s, the pump43 &ages to get petrol. So when Andy got home, it was already two minutes past six. Just then the phone rang. “Shall I answer it?” Andy thought. He tried to watch the programme and forget the phone. But it &44 &ringing and finally he picked it up.
45 &said. “Fenton’s Petrol Station here.”
46 &something behind or what?”
50 &round now and pay for your petrol? And please hurry! We close at half past six!”
B. time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. space&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. place
B. sooner&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. earlier&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. later
B. almost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. hardly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. still
B. walked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. came&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. rushed
B. noticed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. thought&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. felt
B. liked&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. passed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. chose
B. the same&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. a lot&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. a little
B. spent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. took&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. paid
B. stopped&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. started&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. tried
B. man&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. child&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. voice
B. leave&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. forget&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. fall
B. worry&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. excuse&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. chance