求全文He feltfate strange fakewhen he went back to his college

答案:1.B;2.B;3.B;4.A;5.D;6.B;7.B;8.C;9.D;10.C;11.D;12.B;13.D;14.B;15.A;16.D;17.B;18.B;19.B;20.A;
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
  It must have been after two o'clock in the morning when the last guests took their ___1___, and although we had enjoyed their arrival, my wife and I were quite___2___to shut the door behind them. We left all the dirty dishes and glasses___3___they were, and, after opening a few windows to let some fresh air in and the___4___of stale(陈旧的)tobacco out, we climbed into bed and fell___5___.
  I couldn't have been asleep for more than half an hour___6___I woke up with a___7___smell of smoke in my nose. Still half asleep, I walked into the hall, and there, ___8___dense clouds of smoke, I saw that one of the curtains was ___9___ I should have closed the windows then ___10___ delay, but ___11___ I tried to beat out the flames(火焰)with a newspaper. When this failed I___12___into the kitchen to grab a bucket and filled it ___13___ water. At the ___14___ time I shouted to Barbara, who hurriedly dialed 119 to ask the fire brigade(消防员)___15___ coming to my help. We had to work at ___16___ speed carrying buckets of water from the kitchen to prevent the flames fanned by the wind from the windows ___17___ spreading. We were unable to ___18___ the fire but we ___19___ to keep it partly in check until the arrival of the firemen. Fortunately, they arrived quickly and they had little difficulty ___20___ putting out the flames. For most of the rest of the day we worked hard.  
(2)Athanks
Bsleepless
(8)Athrough
(16)Aheight
(19)Afailed
Dsucceeded
来源:英语教研室
  I met this guy who told me an amazing story. He was ___1___Scotland on a motorbike by himself. One late afternoon he was on the road between Aberdeen and Elgin. He was travelling along, miles from any village, when he saw a really ___2___girl standing by the road, hitch hiking(沿途搭车). Anyway, he stopped and said he would give her a ___3___to Elgin. She got on and he drove off. He said he ___4___having her on the back, as it was nice___5___. But after a time he forgot that she was there. Suddenly he___6___ her, but he realized that he couldn't feel her knees ___7___against him! He ___8___behind him but…, she wasn't there.  
  He said he felt frightened ___9___his life! He felt cold all over. He thought she must have ___10___off the back. So he turned round and ___11___back along the road. He didn't find' her. He went to see if she had crawled(爬)into a field or something. But he didn't find her. So he began to think that she might have been ___12___by someone else.  
  Anyway, he drove on towards Elgin and didn't see anyone ___13___he came to a pub. He decided to ___14___so that he could talk to someone and he thought he ought to tell ___15___. He went into a pub and talked to the barman. He told the barman what had happened. He said the barman didn't seem to be at all ___16___. He just carried on ___17___the glasses.
  Then the barman said,“You're not the ___18___person to come in here and tell the same ___19___That girl you think you picked up ___20___seven years ago... in a motorbike accident.”
(1)Atouring
Bsearching
C.defending
Battractive
(5)Abusiness
(6)Athought
Bconsidered
C.remembered
(7)Apressing
(8)Alooked
the best of
(10)Ajumped
(11)Araced
(12)Apicked
C.although
(15)Asomeone
(16)Aworried
Bsurprised
Dsatisfied
(17)Abreaking
C.knocking
(18)Afirst
(19)Astory
  From Monday till Friday most people are busy__1__or studying, __2__in the evenings and on weekends they___3___enjoy ___4___. Some watch TV others engage in sports. It ___5___ individual(个人的)interests. ___6___ many different ways to spend our spare time.
  Almost everyone has some kind of hobby. It may be anything ___7___collecting stamps___8___model airplanes. Some hobbies are very expensive, but others___9___anything at all. Some collections are worth a lot of money, others are ___10___only to___11___.
  I know a man who has a coin___12___worth seven thousand dollars. A short time ago he bought a rare fifty-cent piece worth 250 dollars! He was very happy about that and thought the price was___13___. On the other hand, my younger brother collects match boxes. He has almost 600 of them but I___14___if they are worth any money.
However, to my brother they are extremely___15___ ___16___makes him happier than to find a new match box for his collection.
  That's___17___a hobby means, I guess. It is something we like to do in our spare time simply___18___of it.___ 19___in dollars is not important but the pleasure it___20___us is important.
thought to
C.themselves
(5)Adepends
(6)AEveryone
not worthy
(10)Aimportant
Bexpensive
(11)Atheir
C.themselves
(12)Awhich
Bcollecting
C.collected
Dcollection
(13)Aexpensive
Dreasonable
(15)Avaluable
Bexpensive
C.important
DEverything
please ourselves
  It must have been after two o'clock in the morning when the last guests took their ___1___, and although we had enjoyed their arrival, my wife and I were quite___2___to shut the door behind them. We left all the dirty dishes and glasses___3___they were, and, after opening a few windows to let some fresh air in and the___4___of stale(陈旧的)tobacco out, we climbed into bed and fell___5___.
  I couldn't have been asleep for more than half an hour___6___I woke up with a___7___smell of smoke in my nose. Still half asleep, I walked into the hall, and there, ___8___dense clouds of smoke, I saw that one of the curtains was ___9___ I should have closed the windows then ___10___ delay, but ___11___ I tried to beat out the flames(火焰)with a newspaper. When this failed I___12___into the kitchen to grab a bucket and filled it ___13___ water. At the ___14___ time I shouted to Barbara, who hurriedly dialed 119 to ask the fire brigade(消防员)___15___ coming to my help. We had to work at ___16___ speed carrying buckets of water from the kitchen to prevent the flames fanned by the wind from the windows ___17___ spreading. We were unable to ___18___ the fire but we ___19___ to keep it partly in check until the arrival of the firemen. Fortunately, they arrived quickly and they had little difficulty ___20___ putting out the flames. For most of the rest of the day we worked hard.  
(2)Athanks
Bsleepless
(8)Athrough
Burning      
burning      
fire      
fire      
Place      
stead      
&&& Cinstead
time      
&&& Cworried
&&& Cbefore
(16)Aheight
out      
out      
off      
off      
(19)Afailed
&&& Cmanaged
Dsucceeded
来源:河南省唐河三高2010届高三下学期第一次模拟考试英语试题
  What would life be like without television?Would you spend more time   1  , reading, or studying?Well, now it's your chance to turn off your TV and   2  !TV-Turnoff Week is here.
  The goal of TV-Turnoff Week is to let people leave their TV sets   3   and participate in activities   4   drawing to biking.The event was founded by TV-Turnoff Network, a non-profit organization which started the event in 1995.In the   5  , only a few thousand people took part.Last year more than 7.6 million people participated,   6   people in every state in America and in more than 12 other countries!This is the 11th year in which   7   are asking people to “turn off the TV and turn on   8  .”
  According to the TV-Turnoff Network, the average   9   in the US spend   10   time in front of the TV(about 1,023 hours per year)than they do in school(about 900 hours per year).Too much TV   11   has made many kids grow fat.  12  , in 2001's TV-Turnoff Week, US Surgeon General David Satcher said, “We are raising the most   13   generation of youngsters in American history.This week is about saving lives.”
  Over the years, studies have shown that watching a lot of TV   14   poor eating habits, too little exercise, and violence.Frank Vespe of the TV-Turnoff Network said that turning off the TV “is or   15  , part of a healthy lifestyle”.
  “One of the great lessons of   16   TV-Turnoff Week is the realization that   17   I turn on the TV, I'm deciding not to do something else,” Vespe said.
  TV-Turnoff Week seems to be making a   18  .Recent US Census(人口普查)data   19   that about 72 percent of kids under 12 have a limit on their TV time.That's   20   about 63 percent ten years ago.
playing outside
except for
governments
organizers
businessmen
the Internet
programmes
On the contrary
As a result
overweight
overseeing
results from
keeps away
organizing
taking part in
participating
asking for
every time
difference
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!高三年级英语第一学期期中考试_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高三年级英语第一学期期中考试
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用5下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩13页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢新视野英语第三册vocabulary原题与答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读