Had i had a little more money on me,I could have thought__moreholiday postcardss.

Had I been a little more careful,I such a foolish mistake. [ ]A. won't make B. hadn't madeC. didn't make D. wouldn't have made 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
Had I been a little more careful,I________such a foolish mistake.
&[&&&& ]A. won't make&& B. hadn't madeC. didn't make&& D. wouldn't have made
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
The cars were honking (鸣叫) on the road one morning as I was walking to the park.I walked on and soon found the cause — a little taxi that had got stuck in the middle of the road.There was sweat on the driver's face as he tried to start the engine again and again — nothing happened.&No petrol,& &&&&&& I said to myself and then found myself getting angry.&Why doesn't the fool move his taxi to the side?& I thought, so did all the others who honked and shouted. &&&&&& He got up tiredly, and the passenger in the taxi got out.He was a young man in a white shirt, who watched the driver try to push it to the side.&Stupid guy!& I said.&Can't he lend a helping hand? & &&&&&& I watched as the poor driver pushed it to the side.Cars, buses and trucks went past cursing (咒骂 ) the poor man.The young man took another taxi and went off. &&&&& The taxi driver began mending his taxi.&Stupid passenger!& I said to him.&He didn't help you!& The taxi driver slowly got up.&Sir!& he asked, &Did you?& I looked at him guiltily, then looked away, and walked away fast, asking myself, &Did I help the poor man push his taxi?& &&&&&& What had I been doing as the traffic jam took place? How had I helped deal with the problem? Did I help the poor man push his taxi? I’d done my bit, with my mouth.But never had I moved to solve the problem.I was shocked with guilt as I heard him asking, &Sir! Did you?& Why did a traffic jam happen on the road when the author was walking to the park? &&&&&& A.There was too much traffic in the street. &&&&&& B.Truck drivers attempted to go ahead of others. &&&&&& C.A taxi driver couldn't start his engine. &&&&&& D.A young man wasn't good at driving. The author's attitude toward the passenger is that of __________. &&&&&& A.anger&&&&&& B.respect&&&&&&& &&&&& C.sympathy& D.guilt Why did the author feel guilty? &&&&&& A.Because he blamed the driver wrongly. &&&&&& B.Because he didn't help the driver, either. &&&&&& C.Because he tried to help but failed in the end. &&&&&& D.Because he didn't persuade the passenger to help. From the incident, the author learnt a lesson that we should&&&& _________. &&&&&& A.criticize those who don't help &&&&&& B.hurt the self-respect of others no more &&&&&& C.think more of those who are in need &&&&&& D.stop talking and start to help
Recently, one of my best friends, whom I've shared just about everything with since the first day of kindergarten, spent the weekend with me. Since I moved to a new town several years ago,we've both always looked forward to the few times a year when we can see each other. Over the weekend, we spent hours and hours, staying up late into the night, talking about the people she was hanging around with. She started telling me stories about her new boyfriend, about how he experimented with drugs and was into other self&destructive behaviour. I was blown away! She told me how she had been lying to her parents about where she was going and even stealing out to see this guy because they didn't want her around him. No matter how hard I tried to tell her that she deserved better, she didn't believe me. Her self&respect seemed to have disappeared. I tried to convince her that she was ruining her future and heading for big trouble. I felt like I was& getting nowhere. I just couldn't believe that she really& thought it was acceptable to hang out with a bunch of losers, especially her boyfriend. By the time she left,I was really worried about her and exhausted by the experience. It had been so frustrating,I had come close to telling her several times during the weekend that maybe we had just grown too far apart to continue our friendship, but I didn't. I put the power of friendship to the final test. We'd been friends for far too long. I had to hope that she valued me enough to know that I was trying to save her from hurting herself. I wanted to believe that our friendship could conquer anything. A few days later, she called to say that she had thought long and hard about our conversation, and then she told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend. I just listened on the other end of the phone with tears of joy running down my face. It was one of the truly rewarding moments in my life. Never had I been so proud of a friend. 56.In the writer's opinion,her friend ________. A. was a girl with no self&respect B. could find a better boyfriend C. was brave enough to stick& to her own choice D. didn't value the writer's suggestion 57.What did the writer worry about? A. She would lose the friendship with her. B. Her friend's parents would be worried about their daughter. C. Her friend would get into great trouble with the boy. D. Her friend's boyfriend would be in great trouble. 58.We may learn from Paragraph 3 that the writer________. A. didn't want to go anywhere else B. understood her friend's hanging with her boyfriend C. couldn't& believe& that& her& friend's& choice& was acceptable D. doubted that she could in any way help her friend 59.What can be concluded from the passage? A.Friendship starting from childhood is not reliable. B.Friendship is a cure for any injury in life. C.Friendship should be everlasting once begun. D.Friendship can have magical power in life.
来源:学年甘肃武威第六中学高一下学期模块检测英语卷(带解析)
Our cat has a sweet nature, and she can let us know what she wants. When we fail to meet her needs, she gently leads us in the proper direction. When I forget to fill her water bowl early in the morning, she runs after my legs, and then pushes me in the direction of her bowl. She doesn’t get irritated (生气的); instead, she expresses her wishes in the best way. And I always understand what she is telling me.One day I found myself envying (羡慕) her simple expression. How many times had I expected my husband or my children to know my wants without my ever giving voice to them? How many times had I been disappointed that they couldn’t understand when I needed a hug, a compliment (恭维) or a chocolate bar?After a pleasant afternoon with my husband, I wanted to stop somewhere nice and have dinner, but he didn’t understand my hints (暗示). “Couldn’t you see that I wanted to go out to dinner?” I complained when he pulled into our driveway. “Why didn’t you say so? I can’t read your mind,” he answered in impatience. His words gave me pause. Had I expected him to read my mind? Why hadn’t I expressed my desire more clearly? I realized I had fallen into the female trap of “If you love me, you can read my mind.”Now, I state my needs clearly and directly. I look at my cat and know she agrees.【小题1】Why was the author disappointed in her husband or her children?A.Her husband didn’t give her a hug.B.Her children didn’t give her a chocolate bar.C.They didn’t give her a compliment.D.They didn’t understand her mind.【小题2】What will the author do if she wants something from her husband now?A.She will give him her hints.B.She lets him guess what she wants.C.She tells him her needs directly.D.She buys what she wants herself.【小题3】What can we learn from the underlined sentence in the fourth paragraph?A.I realized what I did was wrong.B.I stopped and didn’t go with my husband.C.My husband prevented me from going on.D.My husband stopped me from saying something.
来源:河南省郑州四中2010届高三第四次调研考试
EI went on line to check my pay was in my bank account(账户). To my amazement I discovered that not only had I been paid, a company I’d never worked for had also paid me! I know I would have been beside myself if my own salary was not in my account, so I tried to get the money back to the right person. Easier said than done.The bank couldn’t help as it “wasn’t a bank problem.” The human-resource department at the company that paid me was unable to help as I didn’t have enough details. I rang the bank again. Thankfully I had a sympathetic call operator who gave me a name, so I again rang the company “Daniel” worked for.I expected the bank would contact me to arrange to take the money from my account and repay Daniel. I heard nothing for a month and the money remained in my account when Daniel called, explaining he’d tried to get back his money but had been unsuccessful as neither the bank nor his company felt it was their error. He had rung to ask if I could speak to the bank, but after chatting for a few minutes we realized we could probably fix this problem ourselves.We decided I would take the money from my account and he would pick it up from me. Due to my busy job I was unable to meet Daniel personally but he left me a lovely bottle of wine in exchange for what was rightfully his. I never had any intention of keeping Daniel’s pay but red tape(繁琐手续)made it difficult to do the right thing. It all came down to two people being able to do what a huge bank and a large company couldn’t do — admit a mistake has occurred and fix it.52. What was the attitude of the author towards the extra money in his bank account?A. He didn’t know what to do with it.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. He felt lucky to get it.C. He thought of keeping it for himself.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. He wanted to return it to the right person.53. The underlined phrase “beside myself” probably means _______.A. very fortunate&&&&&&&&&& B. very angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. really thankful&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. at ease54. How was the problem solved in the end?A. The author and Daniel solved the problem themselves.B. It cost Daniel a lovely bottle of wine to get back his money.C. The author gave the money back to the company.D. The call operator offered to solve their problem.55. From the passage we can infer that _________.A. the bank could solve the problem soon and easily with the red tapeB. some large organizations usually have troublesome official rulesC. Daniel didn’t know the error until he contacted the authorD. it was easy for a company to have a mistake which had occurred fixed
Recently, one of my best friends, whom I've shared just about everything with since the first day of kindergarten, spent the weekend with me. Since I moved to a new town several years ago,we've both always looked forward to the few times a year when we can see each other.Over the weekend, we spent hours and hours, staying up late into the night, talking about the people she was hanging around with. She started telling me stories about her new boyfriend, about how he experimented with drugs and was into other self&destructive(自我毁灭的) behavior. I was blown away! She told me how she had been lying to her parents about where she was going and even stealing out to see this guy because they didn't want her around him. No matter how hard I tried to tell her that she deserved better, she didn't believe me. Her self&respect seemed to have disappeared.I tried to convince her that she was ruining her future and heading for big trouble. I felt like I was getting nowhere. I just couldn't believe that she really& thought it was acceptable to hang out with a group of losers, especially her boyfriend.By the time she left,I was really worried about her and exhausted by the experience. It had been so frustrating,I had come close to telling her several times during the weekend that maybe we had just grown too far apart to continue our friendship, but I didn't. I put the power of friendship to the final test. We'd been friends for far too long. I had to hope that she valued me enough to know that I was trying to save her from hurting herself. I wanted to believe that our friendship could conquer anything.A few days later, she called to say that she had thought long and hard about our conversation, and then she told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend. I just listened on the other end of the phone with tears of joy running down my face. It was one of the truly rewarding moments in my life. Never had I been so proud of a friend1.In the writer's opinion,her friend ________A.was a girl with no self&respectB.could find a better boyfriendC.was brave enough to stick to her own choiceD.didn't value the writer's suggestion2.What did the writer worry about?A.She would lose the friendship with herB.Her friend's parents would be worried about their daughterC.Her friend would get into great trouble with the boyD.Her friend's boyfriend would be in great trouble3.We may learn from Paragraph 3 that the writer________A.didn't want to go anywhere elseB.understood her friend's hanging with her boyfriendC.couldn't believe that her friend's choice was acceptableD.doubted that she could in any way help her friend4.What can be concluded from the passage?A.Friendship starting from childhood is not reliableB.Friendship is a cure for any injury in lifeC.Friendship should be everlasting once begunD.Friendship can have magical power in life
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!So hot a day! I would buy one soft-drink can, but I _____ money on me. A.didn’t haveB.don’t haveC.hadn’t hadD.won’t have - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:So hot a day! I would buy one soft-drink can, but I _____ money on me. A.didn’t haveB.don’t haveC.hadn’t hadD.won’t haveSo hot a day! I would buy one soft-drink can, but I _____ money on me. A.didn’t haveB.don’t haveC.hadn’t hadD.won’t have科目:最佳答案B解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心A week ago, I read When Money Talks, Listen! by Rich Ezzo. It took only about an hour to read, and that included one trip to the coffee maker and about 10 distractions (分心)from Alex, our cat, who thinks he is the center of the universe. When I first received a copy, I thought it was a get-rich-quick type of publication. There is nothing wrong with that kind of book, but my mind just doesn’t chase after dreams of wealth. I figure that if God ever wants me to be rich, he knows where to find my purse.When I began reading When Money Talks, Listen!, I was overjoyed to find that Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry either. He, too, is hungry for things far more important than money.I absolutely love this e-book. Why did I wait a week to write the review ? simple. I wanted to see if the impact it had on me could keep up. After reading the last word of the e-book, I totally agreed with the subtitle(副标题)which promised to forever change the way we thought about money. I had so many thoughts running around my mind that I had to install a stop light to stop some while others made their way into the picture. I had a mental traffic jam, which only goes to show how slow the traffic usually is.It has been a week and the impact is the same. I guarantee this is an e-book you’ll want to read. I urge you to visit the author’s website, MysterMoney. Com, and to download the e-book. You won’t regret it.小题1:What’s the purpose of the passage?A.to strongly recommend an e-bookB.to show the author’s attitude to moneyC.to introduce the general idea of an e-bookD.to tell us Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry小题2:The author didn’t write the review right after reading because _____.A.he was too excited to write anythingB.he was not sure whether he liked the bookC.he had to wait for Rich Ezzo’s permissionD.he wondered if this book had a long influence on him小题3:Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.The author had known Rich Ezzo before B.The author hasn’t dreamed of getting rich instantlyC.The author always prefers e-books to paper booksD.The author likes the get-rich type of publication - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:A week ago, I read When Money Talks, Listen! by Rich Ezzo. It took only about an hour to read, and that included one trip to the coffee maker and about 10 distractions (分心)from Alex, our cat, who thinks he is the center of the universe. When I first received a copy, I thought it was a get-rich-quick type of publication. There is nothing wrong with that kind of book, but my mind just doesn’t chase after dreams of wealth. I figure that if God ever wants me to be rich, he knows where to find my purse.When I began reading When Money Talks, Listen!, I was overjoyed to find that Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry either. He, too, is hungry for things far more important than money.I absolutely love this e-book. Why did I wait a week to write the review ? simple. I wanted to see if the impact it had on me could keep up. After reading the last word of the e-book, I totally agreed with the subtitle(副标题)which promised to forever change the way we thought about money. I had so many thoughts running around my mind that I had to install a stop light to stop some while others made their way into the picture. I had a mental traffic jam, which only goes to show how slow the traffic usually is.It has been a week and the impact is the same. I guarantee this is an e-book you’ll want to read. I urge you to visit the author’s website, MysterMoney. Com, and to download the e-book. You won’t regret it.小题1:What’s the purpose of the passage?A.to strongly recommend an e-bookB.to show the author’s attitude to moneyC.to introduce the general idea of an e-bookD.to tell us Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry小题2:The author didn’t write the review right after reading because _____.A.he was too excited to write anythingB.he was not sure whether he liked the bookC.he had to wait for Rich Ezzo’s permissionD.he wondered if this book had a long influence on him小题3:Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.The author had known Rich Ezzo before B.The author hasn’t dreamed of getting rich instantlyC.The author always prefers e-books to paper booksD.The author likes the get-rich type of publicationA week ago, I read When Money Talks, Listen! by Rich Ezzo. It took only about an hour to read, and that included one trip to the coffee maker and about 10 distractions (分心)from Alex, our cat, who thinks he is the center of the universe. When I first received a copy, I thought it was a get-rich-quick type of publication. There is nothing wrong with that kind of book, but my mind just doesn’t chase after dreams of wealth. I figure that if God ever wants me to be rich, he knows where to find my purse.When I began reading When Money Talks, Listen!, I was overjoyed to find that Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry either. He, too, is hungry for things far more important than money.I absolutely love this e-book. Why did I wait a week to write the review ? simple. I wanted to see if the impact it had on me could keep up. After reading the last word of the e-book, I totally agreed with the subtitle(副标题)which promised to forever change the way we thought about money. I had so many thoughts running around my mind that I had to install a stop light to stop some while others made their way into the picture. I had a mental traffic jam, which only goes to show how slow the traffic usually is.It has been a week and the impact is the same. I guarantee this is an e-book you’ll want to read. I urge you to visit the author’s website, MysterMoney. Com, and to download the e-book. You won’t regret it.小题1:What’s the purpose of the passage?A.to strongly recommend an e-bookB.to show the author’s attitude to moneyC.to introduce the general idea of an e-bookD.to tell us Rich Ezzo isn’t money hungry小题2:The author didn’t write the review right after reading because _____.A.he was too excited to write anythingB.he was not sure whether he liked the bookC.he had to wait for Rich Ezzo’s permissionD.he wondered if this book had a long influence on him小题3:Which of the following is true according to the passage?A.The author had known Rich Ezzo before B.The author hasn’t dreamed of getting rich instantlyC.The author always prefers e-books to paper booksD.The author likes the get-rich type of publication科目:最佳答案小题1:A小题2:D小题3:B解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 holiday postcards 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信