In May,2006,bbc radio2 1 created a festival inside the Second Life game.的翻译。

A【解析】试题分析:句意:---Lily,你通常每天怎样来学校?---通常骑自选车。by+交通工具。根据题意,故选A。考点:考查介词的用法。 
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:2014年北京市昌平区中考一模英语试卷(解析版)
题型:单项填空
--- ________ you play international chess?
--- No, I can’t. But I can play Chinese chess. A. Must
D. Can 
来源:2014年北京市怀柔区中考一模英语试卷(解析版)
--- _________ does your cousin go to the gym?
--- Twice a week.
A. How long
B. How often
C. How soon
D. How far 
来源:2014年北京市延庆县中考一模(初中毕业考试)英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
I didn’t cry when I learned I was the parent of a disabled child. I just sat still and didn’t say anything.When Jenny was old enough, I sent her to a kindergarten. On the first morning, Jenny spent hours playing by herself. It seemed that she felt very ______.However, to my joy, Jenny’s classmates always ______ her, “You got all your spelling words right today!” In fact, her spelling list was the easiest. Later, she faced a very painful ______—— at the end of the term, there was a game which had something to do with physical education. But Jenny was behind in it.My husband and I were anxious about the day. I wanted to let my child stay home! But my heart wouldn’t let me off that easily. So I ______a pale, unwilling Jenny onto the school bus.At the kindergarten, I was quite worried because of her slow action, Jenny would probably ______up her team. The game went well until it was time for the sack(麻袋)race. Surely Jenny would find it ______ . Now each child had to climb into a sack, jump to the finishing line, return and climb out of the sack. I noticed Jenny standing near the end of her line of players.But as it was her turn to join, a change took place in her ______. The tallest boy behind Jenny placed his hands on her waist(腰). Two other boys ______in front of her. The moment the player before Jenny stepped out from the sack, the two boys _____the sack suddenly and kept it open while the tall boy ______ Jenny and put her into it. A girl nearby took her hand and supported her ______ Jenny got her balance(平衡). Then she jumped forward, smiling and proud. In the cheers of the teachers, schoolmates and parents, I silently thanked the warm, understanding people in life who made it ______ for my disabled daughter to be like her fellow human beings. Then I finally cried.1.A. excited
B. lonely C. happy
D. weak2.A. greeted
B. respected
C. encouraged D. appreciated3.A. problem
D. exam4.A. threw
B. pushed C. knocked
D. fixed5.A. hold
D. take6.A. stupid
B. simple C. relaxing
D. difficult7.A. school
B. family C. team
D. heart8.A. ran
D. stood9.A. picked up
B. gave up
C. looked up
   D. made up10.A. shook
D. helped11.A. when
D. unless12.A. popular
B. special C. necessary
D. possible 
来源:2014年北京市延庆县中考一模(初中毕业考试)英语试卷(解析版)
— What’s the news in today’s newspaper?—______ special. Let’s go out for a walk.A. Nothing
B. Something
C. Anything
D. Everything 
来源:2014年北京市平谷区中考二模英语试卷(解析版)
题型:其他题
The twenty-seventh of July, 2002 ,was the worst day in Janek Mela’s life. The Polish boy had an accident and lost half his left leg and half his right arm. 1.
and was very sad.Then his most important journey began. Marek Kaminski, a famous Polish explorer, visited Janek and asked him to go to the North and South Poles (南北极)with him. Janek gave the best answer of his life.Janek prepared for the trips for a few months. First, he learned to use his artificial (man-made) leg 2..Their first expedition was to the North Pole. Janek and the team had to be careful. There were animals, dangerous ice and bad weather. 3., but things got better. They got to the pole on April 24th, 2004. Janek was 15.In December, the team started the expedition to the South Pole. The weather was worse this time.4.. They finally arrived at the South Pole on December 31st, 2004.Janek is the youngest explorer to go to the North and South Poles because he was brave and said “Yes!”  
来源:2014年北京市平谷区中考二模英语试卷(解析版)
— A computer is very popular and helpful .— I think so. It _______ in many different fields.A. used
B. will use
C. is used
D. was used 
来源:2014年北京市密云县中考二模英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Have you ever had a science class that you look forward to? It doesn’t happen often. But when you have a teacher like Mrs. Rheineck, it’s more than a science class. It’s a science class where learning is easy and fun. There is no getting down to a huge textbook or listening to a teacher about something you don’t care about.My experience with Mrs. Rheineck didn’t start with science class, but with her as my tutor(导师,家庭教师). I was always a weak reader and wasn’t getting any better. My parents told me I needed to be tutored.One day after school, I went into the library with my mom for my first tutoring time. I had no idea who was tutoring me. My mom practically had to pull me into the library. The first thing we did was to play a game to get to know each other and get rid of the awkwardness (笨拙,尴尬). We didn’t even play a reading game.We also went around the library and I got to pick out a book I wanted to read. She didn’t make me read a boring textbook about something I didn’t care about. I didn’t even pick a book. I picked out a magazine about remote control cars. I thought to myself, how bad could it be? I got to read about remote control cars. She told me even though I was reading a magazine, I was still reading. After the first magazine, she picked out a book she liked. I would read a chapter(章) and then she would read a chapter to me, this way I didn’t have to read for long periods of time.As I got better and faster at reading, I was able to read two chapters in the same amount of time, which used to take me to read one chapter.Reading is one of the most important things in high school and college to be successful. If it wasn’t for her, I would not be the reader I am today and I thank her for that.1.Why was the writer tutored by Mrs. Rheineck?A. Because the writer was too shy to talk with others.B. Because the writer found science easy and fun.C. Because the writer liked her science class.D. Because the writer couldn’t read books quickly.2. It can be inferred from the third paragraph that __________.A. the writer went to the library to play a gameB. the writer was unhappy to be tutoredC. the writer knew Mrs. Rheineck very wellD. the writer was awkward to read in the library3.At the library, the writer __________.A. chose any book he was interested inB. played a reading game with Mrs. RheineckC. was asked to read one chapter after anotherD. had to read textbooks rather than magazines 
来源:2014年北京市大兴区中考一模英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
British band “Duran Duran” is going to be the first pop group to perform online concerts on the online game Second Life. Second Life is an online 3-dimensional, digital world, which is imagined, created and owned by the players—people all over the world.It is thought that 370,000 computer game players worldwide have Second Life characters that exist in the Second Life world, on the Internet.Earlier this year, BBC Radio held music festivals and played an interview from inside the game.In May of 2006, it held a music festival in Scotland, but also created a festival inside the Second Life game so that people all over the world could take part in their computers.One of the members of the band, Nick Rhodes, told the BBC News website: “When I first saw Second Life a few months ago, I couldn’t believe my eyes. When I started looking at the people on screen, talking, walking around and doing normal things, I thought this is somewhere between a strange TV show, a strange experience and a video game. I wanted “Duran Duran” to be part of it.” Each band member has a 3-dimensional person and it is hoped they will do their first online concert soon. The audience will be able to join in and react (反应) while the band is on stage.Rhodes said new technologies like Second Life will become more and more important in the music industry in the future.The number of people joining the Second Life is growing quickly. Some computer experts said it probably would be the ‘Next Big Thing’ in the future.1.Is Second Life an online game?2.What did BBC Radio create inside the Second Life?3.What was Nick Rhodes’ new idea?4.How will the band show their first concert online?5.What does the writer tell us in the last two paragraphs? 
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!The Transition to Digital Journalism - Berkeley Advanced Media Institute上周组 630 份试卷
当前组 116391份试卷
您的位置:
Britishband“DuranDur
试题解析详情
British band “Duran Duran” is going to be the first pop group to perform online concerts on the online game Second Life. Second Life is an online 3-dimensional, digital world, which is imagined, created and owned by the players—people all over the world.It is thought that 370,000 computer game players worldwide have Second Life characters that exist in the Second Life world, on the Internet.Earlier this year, BBC Radio held music festivals and played an interview from inside the game.In May of 2006, it held a music festival in Scotland, but also created a festival inside the Second Life game so that people all over the world could take part in their computers.One of the members of the band, Nick Rhodes, told the BBC News website: “When I first saw Second Life a few months ago, I couldn’t believe my eyes. When I started looking at the people on screen, talking, walking around and doing normal things, I thought this is somewhere between a strange TV show, a strange experience and a video game. I wanted “Duran Duran” to be part of it.” Each band member has a 3-dimensional person and it is hoped they will do their first online concert soon. The audience will be able to join in and react (反应) while the band is on stage.Rhodes said new technologies like Second Life will become more and more important in the music industry in the future.The number of people joining the Second Life is growing quickly. Some computer experts said it probably would be the ‘Next Big Thing’ in the future.【小题1】Is Second Life an online game?【小题2】What did BBC Radio create inside the Second Life?【小题3】What was Nick Rhodes’ new idea?【小题4】How will the band show their first concert online?【小题5】What does the writer tell us in the last two paragraphs?
答案: 【小题1】Yes, it is.【小题2】A music festival.【小题3】He wanted “Duran Duran” to take part in / join in the Second Life. / He wanted to be/ become part of the Second Life.【小题4】They will appear online as 3-D persons with the audience.【小题5】The bright future and great influence of Second Life with new 3-D technologies.
解析:试题分析:这篇短文主要介绍了英国的乐队“Duran Duran”将是在在线游戏上表演在线音乐会的第一个乐队。第二人生是一个在线三维数字世界。随着社会的发展新技术在音乐产业的未来将变得越来越重要。第二人生的影响力也越来越大。【小题1】根据Second Life is an online 3-dimensional, digital world可知第二人生是一个在线三维数字世界,故填Yes, it is.【小题2】根据Earlier this year, BBC Radio held music festivals and played an interview from inside the game.描述,可知今年初BBC广播公司举办音乐节,在游戏中进行了面试,故填A music festival.【小题3】根据. I wanted “Duran Duran” to be part of it.故填He wanted “Duran Duran” to take part in / join in the Second Life. / He wanted to be/ become part of the Second Life.【小题4】根据Each band member has a 3-dimensional person and it is hoped they will do their first online concert soon 故填They will appear online as 3-D persons with the audience.【小题5】根据段意罗兹说“第二人生”等新技术在音乐产业的未来将变得越来越重要。加入“第二人生”的人数正在迅速增长。一些计算机专家说这可能是未来的下一件大事,故填The bright future and great influence of Second Life with new 3-D technologies.考点:社会现象类短文阅读。
难度:一般
应用:综合应用
加入试题篮这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~Television in the US: History and Production
Television in the US: History and Production
Outside reading...
Erik Barnouw.Tube of Plenty. New York: Oxford University Press. 1990
Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh. The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, 1946 - Present. New York: Ballantine Books. 1992.
Richard Lindheim and Richard Blum. Inside Television Producing. Boston: Focal Press. 1991.
Vince Waldron. Classic Sitcoms: A Celebration of the Best of Prime Time Comedy. New York: Macmillan. 1987.
Internet...
How did television develop between the 1880s and the 1930s?
A Nipkow Disk
1884: Paul Gottlieb Nipkow (), a German university student, patents (German Patent #30105) the concept for an electro-mechanical television system. This system, which becomes the basis of the television experiments of the 1920s and early 30s, uses a rotating scanning-disk (known as a Nipkow disk) with a series of 30 holes, in a pattern which spirals from the edge of the disk towards the center. A prototype of his scanning device was not built.
1926: Using a spinning Nipkow disk, Scottish inventor John Logie Baird () transmits to a receiver in his London labatory a moving image, with just enough detail (30 line resolution) to discern the human face. This experiment is believed to be the first demonstration of a working electro-mechanical television system.
1927: American inventor Philo Farnsworth () develops an all-electronic television system which he demonstrates to the press in September 1928. He would not give a public demonstration until 1934.
Felix the Cat in front of an early TV "Camera"
1928: General Electric establishes an experimental electro-mechanical television station, W2XB, at its factory in Schenectady, NY. The station broadcasts a moving image from a "camera" using a Nipkow disk with a 24 line resolution. The star of these early transmissions was a 13" tall Bakelite statue of Felix the Cat slowly rotating on a turntable. In addition to the statue of Felix the Cat, W2XBS also broadcast images of a human subject. These broadcasts were
used by GE engineers to test the new technology. In 1942, W2XB becomes WRGB, sister to radio station WGY.
An Actor in front of the TV "Camera," Popular Mechanics Magazine, April 1928
The arc lamp projects a beam of light through the rotating Nipkow disk on to the face of the actor (Subject). The light reflected off the actor's face is picked up by the four photo-electric cells at the top, bottom and sides of the box.
The photo cells turn the flickering light into fluctuating electric current which is transmitted
to the television receiver.
GE 3" Octogan TV Receiver
1928:General Electric designs and builds an experimental 3 inch electro-mechanical television receiver. There was some talk about manufacturing and selling the set to the public, but the plan was scrapped. Only five of the experimental units survive. In 1931, Popular Science Monthly published a series of articles by George H. Waltz on how the home craftsman could build his own television receiver. These articles can be read at .
A number of companies did manufacture and sell mechanical television sets, either assembled or in kit form.
In 1931 the Jenkins Television Radiovisor and Receiver Kit with a 3" magnyfing lens could be purchased for
$ 115.45 ($1,769 in 2013 dollars). The Jenkins Television Model 200 Radiovisor and Receiver was designed for the living room. It had a finished walnut cabinet with an 8" picture and sold for $189.50. ($2,904 in 2013 dollars).
The television transmission is picked up by a short wave radio receiver which feeds the fluctating electrical signal to a neon lamp which is located behind a rotating 24" diameter Nipkow disk. The viewer watches the flickering image as it is projected on to the 3 inch screen.
A block diagram of the GE electro-mechanical television system, Radio News, April 1928.
Note that two radio transmitters were used in these experimental broadcasts. The visual image was broadcast on experiemntal shortwave station W2XB operating on 37.33 meters (7.7 MHz) and the sound was broadcast over radio station WGY operating on 379.9 meters (790 KHz).
Live TV Broadcast, 1928
1928: On September 11, 1928, W2XB (video) and WGY (audio) broadcast American first television drama, a 40 minute one-act melodrama titled "The Queen's Messanger." Because the TV screens were small, only the actor's face or hands were shown. Three "cameras" were used, two for the actors faces and a third for the actors hands or stage props. The play had only two characters. A female Russian spy and a British Diplomatic Courier.
Four actors were used. Two for the character's faces, and two for their hands.
Amateur radio operators in Los Angeles and Pittsfield, Mass. watched the experimental broadcast on home built television sets. In a story published in the Washington Post on September 21, 1928 under the headline: DRAMA IS RADIOED THROUGH TELEVISION, these radio operators reported: "Results only fair due to fading in 21 meter band, voices very strong with occasional glimpses of faces." General Electric took a number of staged publicity photos of the event and a
of the "broadcast" was included in a GE produced newsreel.
1928: RCA establishes an electro-mechanical experimental television station, W2XBS, in New York City. In 1933 the station leaves the air to return in 1935 as an all-electronic experimental station.
By 1931 there were approximately 25 experimental televison stations in the United States. Most had left tha air by 1935.
In 1941 experimental station W2XBS becomes WNBT which is now WNBC, channel 4 in New York City.
1931: German inventor Manfred von Ardenne () demonstrates at the Berlin Radio Show an all-electronic television system using a cathode ray tube for the image pickup (pickup tube) in the television camera and the image display (picture tube) in the television receiver.
1934: For 10 days in August, Philo Farnsworth demonstrates his all-electronic television system to the general public at the Franklin Institute of Philadelphia. Note: The Farnsworth and Ardenne all-electronic systems were not compatible.
1935: An all-electronic television service begins broadcasting in Berlin.
TV Camera at the 1936 Berlin Olympics
1936: The Berlin Summer Olympic Games are broadcast live by stations in Berlin and Hamburg. Twenty-eight public television rooms are opened for those who do not own a set.
1936: The British Broadcasting Company begins transmitting a high-definition (405 line resolution) television service from the Victorian Alexandra Palace in north London. This service, which becomes BBC One. is claimed by some to be the birthplace of modern television.
When did commercial television broadcasting begin in the United States?
FDR Opens the 1939 World's Fair
Note how fuzzy the picture was in 1939
1939: President Franklin Roosevelt's opening of the 1939 New York World's Fair is broadcast live from NBC's experimental station -- W2XBS -- in New York City. In 1939 W2XBS was on the air 4 hours a day (2:30-4:30 and 8:30-10:30pm EST), 5 days a week, Wednesday through Sunday.
1941: In July, both NBC (WNBT on channel 1) and CBS (WCBW on channel 2) come on the air with a commercial station, again in New York City. Both stations still exist. They are now WNBC (Channel 4) and WCBS (Channel 2). Further
development is halted by World War II.
1946: The war is over, only 6 station are on-air (3 in New York City, 1 in Chicago, 1 in Philadelphia and 1 in Schenectady, NY) and both networks, NBC and CBS, begin to
1948: Four television networks, (NBC, CBS, ABC, and DuMont), broadcasting over 128 stations,
begin a full prime-time schedule (8 to 11pm, Eastern Time), seven days a week.
In what city?
Commercial TV began in New York City
When did television arrive in South Dakota?
Television arrived in South Dakota in May 1953 when KELO-TV began broadcasting in Sioux Falls. Five years later, in November 1958, KXAB (now KABY) goes on the air on channel 9 in Aberdeen.
What was the relationship between radio drama and early
television programming?
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
Most early (1948 to 1960) television shows, both dramatic and non-dramatic, originated on radio. For many programs --
() -- the transition was easy:
the cast performed in a television or film studio instead of a radio station.
For the actor, a TV production required a longer time committment.
A radio show was normally produced in one day -- a read through in the morning, a "dress" rehearsal in the afternoon, and the performance that evening.
A half hour filmed television show required the actor to be in front of the camera for three or four, 10 to 12 hour days.
William Conrad
For other productions, the switch was much more difficult. William Conrad () created the role of U.S. Marshall Matt Dillon in the radio version of Gunsmoke (). When CBS decided to bring Gunsmoke to television in 1955, the network executivies decided that although Conrad sounded like a US Marshall, he didn't look like one. At 5' 9" and 270 pounds,
the portly, balding, mustached Conrad looked more like a villain than a western hero.
James Arness
At the suggestion of John Wayne,
CBS cast James Arness (), a 6' 7" actor who's major acting credit at the time was the title role in
(1951). Arness would be Matt Dillon for the next 40 years. First on the television series (), then in five made-for-TV Gunsmoke movies.
William Conrad, who was one of radio's most prolific actors, would become a television producer and director.
His first major on camera television role was Frank Cannon in Cannon ().
This was followed by Nero Wolf (1981) and
J.L. McCabe, the Fatman, in Jake and the Fatman ().
William Conrad died of congestive heart failure in February 1994 and was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1997.
for more information, including photographs, on the cast, characters and setting of radio's Gunsmoke.
William Conrad as Frank Cannon introduce the "Frank Cannon Diet" on YouTube.
Who was television's first super star?
Milton Berle
Milton Berle () started in show business at the age of five, appearing as a child in The Perils of Pauline (1914) and Tillie's Punctured Romance (1914). Through the 1920s, Berle moved up through the vaudeville circuit, finding his niche in the role of a brash comic known for stealing other comic's material. He
became a popular master of ceremonies in vaudeville, soon achieving top billing in the largest cities and theatres. During the 1930s, he appeared in a variety of Hollywood films and further polished his routines in night clubs and on radio.
What was the program?
Texaco Star Theatre
The Texaco Star Theatre () was an old-fashioned vaudeville variety hour with a half dozen guests each week. Berle, both host and star, worked his way into many of the acts. In 1950, the first year of the Nielson ratings, the "Milton Berle Show" was watched by 62% of those owning TV sets. It has been said that Berle was television's first great "salesman." During his tenure the number of TV homes went from a little under 191,000 to over 21,000,000,
an increase of approximately 10,994%. In 1952 the cost of a 20" black & white GE console TV was $ 300. That would be $ 2,608 in today's (2012) currency.
From where was it broadcast?
Live from New York City. Although the program was broadcast live, a kinescope, a contrasty and fuzzy
recording made by filming the picture off of a television monitor, was often made for "legal" reason and for a 3 hour delayed re-broadcast to the West coast. Although most of these kinescopes have lost, a few have survived.
The Texaco Star Theatre starring Milton Berle With guests: Ronald Reagan and Dolores Grey
Part 1 of 4...
When was the Golden Age of Television?
Westinghouse Studio One
1948 to 1960.
Although the 12 year period between 1948 and 1960 is remembered for the variety show (Texaco Star Theatre), the sitcom (I Love Lucy) and the western (Gunsmoke), when we talk about the Golden Age of Television we are generally refering to the dramatic anthology programs,
Westinghouse Studio One (),
The US Steel Hour (),
Alcoa Hour
Kraft Television Theatre (), and
Playhouse 90 () which were broadcast live
from New York City.
Begining in 1957 with the introduction of the $50,000.00 Ampex VRX-1000, America's first video tape recorder (VTR), many of these programs were taped before broadcast.
Name one major writer who got his start during this period.
William Gibson (), Ira Levin (),
Rod Serling (), Gore Vidal ()
Give the title of one major work (film or play) which began
as a golden age television script?
(William Gibson),
(J. P. Miller, ),
(Reginald Rose, ),
(Rod Serling),
(Ira Levin).
Links are to the film adaption in the
When did television production move from live from New York
City to filmed from LA?
What network show is credited with starting the shift to the
west coast?
I Love Lucy
I Love Lucy (). CBS wanted to broadcast live from New
York. Lucy and Desi didn't want to leave their home in Los Angles. They filmed the show with three cameras (which the film studios said couldn't be done) before a live audience. Because the show was filmed, both coasts got a high quality picture. Link to the
web page at Tim's TV Showcase.
What is the process used in developing a television series
and selling it to a network?
There are only five major broadcast clients: ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and CW. All of the clients are owned by production houses.
All network prime time series are produced by the major film studios (Warner Brothers, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Paramount, Disney) or the five TV networks because they have "deep pockets." Ideas come
from both the networks and the studios. The concept, the story, the script, and the cast must be approved by both the studio and the network, as well as the show's
production company.
After a concept is given the "green light", a
pilot episode will be shot. The pilot is often a two hour made for TV
movie. Sometimes
the characters and concept will be introduced on an episode of an existing series.
For example, CBS's Jake and the Fatman () was introduced in a two hour episode-- The Don (1986) --
of NBC's Matlock (). Normally between 15 and 20 pilots are produced each season.
If the pilot is accepted, the network will order between four and six episodes. If the mini-series is a succeess, additional episodes will be ordered.
There are 22 episodes in a full season.
What is the difference between a single camera shoot and ...
Hawaii Five-0
In a single camera shoot, the program is filmed and edited like a movie: Rehearse a scene, shoot the scene. It is the technique used for most hour long action-adventure shows: Hawaii Five-0, Law and Order: SVU, CSI, Criminal Minds, Bones, NCIS...
A multi-camera shoot?
Two and a Half Men
The multi-camera shoot, which is much closer to live theatre, is
the technique developed by the television industry during's it's "Golden Age." It is the technique used for the half-hour sit-com (Two and a Half Men) and the network quiz show (both of which are usually taped before a live audience), and the hour long "soap opera" (which is taped in a closed TV studio without an audience).
How many cameras are used in a multi-camera production?
Three. The center camera is used for the "Master Shot,"
the left and right camera cover the closeups and over-the-shoulder shots. Most local news programs, which are mult-camera productions, use only two cameras.
How many days is a half-hour sitcom in rehearsal/production?
Five days. The director spends the first three days
with the actors. Day four the camera crews are brought in, and the camera's location for each scene is determined. Day five is the final dress rehearsal, and the taping of the show. Normally both the final dress rehearsal as well as the performance are taped.
What are the three program sources available to a local
station's program director?
Locally produced
Syndicated.
What is the major form of original programming produced by a
local station?
Eyewitness News
News and information, including local high school and college sports coverage.
What types of programs normally appear in syndication?
Wheel of Fortune
Talk shows (Doctor Oz, Doctor Phil), game shows (Wheel of
and re-runs of old network sitcoms (Two and a Half Man). The top rated
syndicated television program is Wheel of Fortune.
Which shows are usually picked up from the network feed?
American Idol
The morning news shows (Good Morning, America), the
afternoon soaps (Days of Our Lives), the
5:30 national news (The CBS Evening News ) and the
prime time programs (7 to 10pm, Central time).
How are radio and television shows financed?
By commercials.
What is the basic function of the program?
To attract an audience to watch or listen to the commercials.
How many minutes of commercials support a half-hour prime
time show?
Eight minutes. Six minutes are sold
by the network, and two minutes are available for sale
by the local station.
What is the standard length of a television commercial?
Thirty seconds.
How much would a prime time spot cost on
Aberdeen's KABY (Channel 9)?
In the spring of 2006, a prime time 30 second spot on the Aberdeen ABC station, KABY, costs between
$ 200 and $ 300. KABY broadcasts to approximately 80,000 TV households in a 16 county area.
What is the difference between rating point, share and
Rating point:
The percentage of TV homes watching a program. A rating of 20 points means that 20% of
America's TV homes
are watching the program.
Why can a show with a low rating still attract advertisers?
Because that program attracts the kind of audience (meaning: The kind of people who will buy the sponsor's
product) the advertiser wants. Advertisers tend to look for viewers between the age of 18 and 49. If your show attracts a younger audience, the network can charge more for a 30 advertising second spot (commercial). During the
tv season, Fox's Glee drew fewer total viewers than CBS's top rated NCIS but the Fox show earned on average $ 272,694 per 30 second spot to CBS' $150,708 for NCIS.
What elements, other than the quality of production, can
effect a program's rating?
The two major element are (1) a shows competition
(You don't want to be scheduled opposite
the number one show) and (2) what programs lead and follow your show (You want to be sandwiched between two hit shows).
What is television's number one show?
the most watched TV show during the
was NBC's Sunday Night Football (Rank: #1; 21.4 million viewers),
CBS's top show
was The Big Bang Theory (Rank: #2; 19.4M viewers)
FOX's number one show was Empire (Rank: #5; 15.7 viewers) and
ABC's most watched series was Dancing with the Stars (Rank: #8; 13.4M viewers)
Viewer estimates include live viewing, off-the-air, cable or satellite, and DVR playback on the same day.
The most watched dramatic tv program was CBS' NCIS (Rank #3, 20.3M viewers)
What is television's longest running prime-time dramatic
The Simpsons. 20+ years, from December 1989 to ???.
What is broadcasting's (radio and television) longest
running program?
Guiding Light
Guiding Light.
72 years. GL began in Chicago on January 25, 1937 as a 15 minute, 5 days a
week, soap. The show was originally about the Reverend Doctor John Rutledge (played by Arthur Peterson) and his Little Church of Five Points in Five Points, a Chicago suburb. The Rev. Rutledge left a lamp, the original "guiding light," burning in his study as a beacon for those who needed help. In 1948 the focus of the show shifted to the Frederick (Papa) Bauer family of Springfield.
During the Christmas Episode in December of 2000, Meta Bauer, the daughter of Mama and Papa Bauer remembers...
When I was a girl we used to listen to Reverend Ruthledge at the
Church in Five Points. He was the best man I've ever known at finding
hope for people in trouble, and I guess that's just about everybody at
one time or another. He used to say something I'll never forget. "There
is a destiny that makes us brothers. No one goes that way alone. All
that we bring into the lives of others, comes back into our own."
In 1952 CBS-TV introduced Guiding Light, a 15 minute soap opera to their afternoon schedule. In 1968 the show was expanded to a half-hour, and was expanded to an hour in 1977.
In April 2009, CBS announced that the last episode of Guiding Light would be broadcast on Friday, September 18, 2009.
Which regularly scheduled television series has the
distinction of drawing the largest audience for a single
M*A*S*H (). The
2 hour series finale broadcast in February 1983. It earned a 60.2 rating with a 77 share. Link to the
web page at Tim's TV Showcase.
What are the sweeps?
The "Sweeps" are the television rating surveys which "sweep" North America, all 210 television markets, four times a year -- November, February, May and August. Because they use a larger, and more complete sample than the Neilsen index, they give a more accurate idea of what the "local" audience is watching in the smaller markets. It is during "Sweeps" that the networks broadcast...
episodes of
regula many featuring special guest stars,
Made-for-TV movies with sensational themes and major film and TV stars,
mini-series-- a multi-part, four to twelve hour, made-for-TV movie,
Award shows,
The premiere of a summer bockbuster movie, and
Multi-part documentaries on local and national newscasts.
Why are they important?
Ratings developed during the "Sweeps" are used by
the local station and network to establish their quarterly rate card. The higher the rating, the larger the audience, the more they can charge for a thirty second spot.
What effect has cable and home DVRs had on the size of the
network's prime time audience?
The commercial network's prime time audience has dropped from a 90 share in the mid 70's, to less than a
50 share in 2008.
Today, only a little over a third (34%) of the prime time audience is watching the big three networks -- ABC, CBS, and NBC. When the networks lose audience, they lose ad revenue, and their profits drop.
TV Audience Distribution, 2008
Left: Cable and home DVRs
Right: The 5 on-air networks
E-mail questions and comments to Larry Wild at .
Updated: June 20, 2016
All images downloaded from the Internet. Copyright held by others.
Text Copyrighted &
by Larry Wild,}

我要回帖

更多关于 bbc radio2 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信