第一句是the florida sun baked potatomy shoulders as i worked along the I-595 freeway 的完形填空

您还可以使用以下方式登录
上周组 630 份试卷
当前组 116391份试卷
您的位置:
2012年北师大版高中英语必修一Module6Unit16练习卷(带解析)
总计:140分
第1题:单项选择(本题包括小题,共分)
_________ scientist like her won’t be simply satisfied with _________ little progress that has been made.A.The, aB.The, /C.A, /D.A, the
Because the scientists are always traveling towards the truth _________ arriving at them, they need to help one another to find the way.A.more thanB.bless than C.other thanD.rather than
The _________ nature of the job will be made clear when you start.A.preciousB.preciseC.apparentD.Deliberate
----Did you enjoy yourself at the concert? ----Yes, I could not have myself________. ----It was perfect.A.muchB.farC.moreD.Most
Was it _________ Jill’s brother said or something that he did _________ made her cry so sadly?A.what, thatB.that, whichC.that, whatD.what,/
In this speech the scientist _________ the gold medal to his first teacher.A.referred to offeredB.referred to offeringC.referred offerD.referred offering
Three boys were playing football in the street when one of them __________ an old lady.
She will have find some other work., for she can’t __________ this loud noise any more.A.come up withB.keep up withC.grow up withD.put up with
It’s our belief that proof testing of English depends on how the language is used within a/an_________ society.A.similarB.particularC.strangeD.Unusual
The news came as no surprise to me, for I ________ of it.A.hereB.heardC.have heardD.had heard
Father ________ for London no business upon my arrival, so I didn’t see him.A.has left B.leftC.was leavingD.had left
He made eating a boiled shoe funny and we felt as if it ________ his best meal ever.A.wasB.isC.had beenD.has been
The weather broadcast this morning says a snowstorm _____________.A.will be on the wayB.is on the way C.will in the way D.is by the way
The meeting held in 1978 was _________________.A.of great significanceB.of much importantC.in importanceD.of very significance
My old car I had had ____________ yesterday.A.repaired, broke downB.repair, broke up C.repairing, broke outD.repaired, broke into
第2题:完形填空(本题包括小题,共分)
The Florida sun baked my shoulders as I worked along the 1-595 freeway near Fort Lauderdale, picking up rubbish. I paused to&& 16&& the sweat off my forehead and look up at the cloudless blue sky. “&& 17& “ can’t it rain?” I thought. That would&& 18&& things off. I thought about my& 19&& , who were& 20&&& sitting in an air-conditioned classroom at the high school right now. I’d had some&& 21& in school, so my parents decided to let met work&& 22& with my dad. We both worked for my uncle, who had taken& 23& of a road maintenance company. It was up to us to keep the roads& 24&& of rubbish. The job was&& 25&& and dirty, especially on hot days like this. I& 26& why I ever agreed to do it. We continued our&& 27&& route along 595,&& 28& for the overpass bridge. Then I noticed an area where some& 29& were broken on the ground. They weren’t like that before. ‘ Dad! Pull over! I want to 30& something out.” I jumped off the truck and rushed to the bridge. Something was telling me to& 31& … there wasn’t much time.& 32& I saw a Toyota that 33& upside down in the trees. Maybe it was a stolen car that somebody& 34& there. Then I noticed something& 35& . It was a bloody leg poking out of the driver’s side window. “ Heeeelp” a lady moaned.【小题1】A.wipeB.cleanC.dryD.brush【小题2】A.whenB.howC.whyD.how long【小题3】A.washB.keepC.stayD.Cool【小题4】A.relativesB.neighborsC.friendsD.workmates【小题5】A.happilyB.probablyC.reallyD.finally【小题6】A.difficultyB.troubleC.questionsD.problems【小题7】A.full-timeB.part-timeC.all the timeD.some time【小题8】A.advantageB.possessionC.positionD.place【小题9】A.awayB.fromC.farD.clear【小题10】A.easyB.excitingC.smellyD.comfortable【小题11】A.knewB.wonderedC.believedD.admitted【小题12】A.regularB.commonC.unusualD.Old【小题13】A.leavingB.goingC.comingD.heading【小题14】A.carsB.bottlesC.treesD.glasses【小题15】A.checkB.turnC.makeD.bring【小题16】A.decideB.hurryC.considerD.listen【小题17】A.aboveB.behindC.aheadD.below【小题18】A.hungB.pulledC.caughtD.knocked【小题19】A.treasuredB.desertedC.keptD.hid【小题20】A.pushingB.shoutingC.movingD.crying
第3题:阅读理解(本题包括小题,共分)
Short and shy, Ben Saunders was the last kid in his class picked for any sports team. “Football, tennis Cricket—anything with a round ball, I was useless, “he says now with a laugh. But back then he was the object of jokes in school gym classes in England’s rural Devonshire. It was a mountain bike he received for his 15th birthday that changed him. At first the teen went biking alone in a nearby forest. Then he began to cycle along with a runner friend. Gradually, Saunders set his mind building up his body, increasing his speed, strength and endurance. At age 18, he ran his first marathon. The following year, he met John Ridgway, who became famous in the 1960s for rowing an open boat across the Atlantic Ocean. Saunders was hired as an instructor at Ridgway’s school of Adventure in Scotland, where he learned about the older man’s cold-water exploits(成就).Intrigued, Saunders read all he could about Arctic explorers and North Pole expeditions, then decided that this would be his future. Journeys to the Pole aren’t the usual holidays for British country boys, and many peiole dismissed his dream as fantasy. “John Ridgway was one of the few who didn’t say, ‘You are completely crazy,’”Saunders says. In 2001, after becoming a skilled skier, Saunders started his first long-distance expedition toward the North Pole. He suffered frostbite, had a closer encounter(遭遇) with a polar bear and pushed his body to the limit. Saunders has since become the youngest person to ski alone to the North Pole, and he’s skied more of the Arctic by himself than any other Briton. His old playmates would not believe the transformation. This October, Saunders, 27, heads south to explore from the coast of Antarctica to the South Pole and back, an 1800-mile journey that has never been completed on skis.【小题1】The turning point in Saunders’life came when _____A.he started to play ball gamesB.he got a mountain bike at age 15C.he ran his first marathon at age 18D.he started to receive Ridgway’s training【小题2】We can learn from the text that Ridgway _______.A.dismissed Saunders’ dream as fantasyB.built up his body together with SaundersC.hired Saunders for his cold-water experienceD.won his fame for his voyage across the Atlantic【小题3】 What do we know about Saunders?A.He once worked at a school in Scotland.B.He followed Ridgway to explore the North Pole.C.He was chosen for the school sports team as a kid.D.He was the first Briton to ski alone to the North Pole.【小题4】 The underlined word “Intrigued” in the third paragraph probably means_____.A. ExcitedB.ConvincedC.DelightedD.Fascinated【小题5】It can be inferred tat Saunders’ journey to the North Pole ______.A.was accompanied by his old playmatesB.set a record in the North Pole expeditionC.was supported by other Arctic explorersD.made him well-known in the 1960s
November not only marks the publication of Toni Morrison’s eagerly anticipated(期待) eighth novel, Love, but it is also the tenth anniversary of her Nobel Prize for Literature. Morrison is the first black woman to receive a Nobel, and so honored before her in literature are only two black men:Wole Soyinka, the Nigerian playwright, poet and novelist, in 1986; and Derek Walcott, the Caribbean-born poet, in 1992. But Morrison is also the first and only American-born Nobel prizewinner for literature since 1962, the year novelist John steinbeck received the award. Like Song of Solomon, Love is a multigenerational story, revealing the personal and communal legacy() of an outstanding black family. As Morrison scholars will tell you, Love is the third volume of a literary master’s trilogy(三部曲)investigating the many complexities of love. This trilogy began with Beloved(1988), which deals with a black mother’s love under slavery and in freedom. Jazzy(1993), the second volume, tells a story of romantic love in 1920s Harlem. This latest novel looks back from the 1970s to the 1940s and 50s. The emotional center of Love is Bill Cosey, the former owner and host of the shabby Cosey’s Hotel and Resort in Silk, North Carolina, described in the novel as “the best and best-known vacation sport for colored folk on the East Coast.” We get to know Cosey through the memories of five women who survive and love him: his granddaughter, his widow, two former employees, and a homeless young girl. The latest novel, Love, had been described in the promotional material from her publisher as “Morrison’s most accessible work since Song of Solomon.” This comparison to her third novel, published in 1977, was an effective selling point.【小题1】 What would be the best title for the text?A.Toni Morrison’s latest novelsB.Toni Morrison and her trilogyC.Toni Morrison and her novel LoveD.Toni Morrison, the Nobel prizewinner【小题2】 What can we learn about John Steinbeck?A.He was a black writer.B.He was born in America.C.He received the Nobel Prize after MorrisonD.He was the first American novelist to win a Nobel【小题3】 The similarity between Love and Song of Solomon is that they both _____.A.belong to the same trilogy together with BelovedB.concern families of more than one generationC.deal with life of blacks under slavery D.investigate life in 1920s Harlem【小题4】 The novel Love mainly describes ______.A.the best-known vacation spot for blacksB.the life of an outstanding black family under slaveryC.the miserable experience of the five women in HarlemD.the memories of five women about Bill Cosey
FILM DESCRIPTIONSBack to the FutureWith the help of a local inventor’s time machine, Marty travels back to the 1950s. There his 80s hipness stands out, and he inadvertently interferes with the fledgling romance of his parents-to-be. Can Marty keep them together? He’d better, or his own future will fade away. Featuring: Christopher Lloyd, Michael J.Fox. A universal Pictures release, 1 hr. 55 min.Beethoven’s 2ndIn this sequel to the popular Beethoven, our canine hero falls for Missy, who soon has puppies. Missy’s greedy owner, Regina, who sees only money in the little purebreds, separates mom and pups from Beethoven. His owners rescue the puppies, but Regina still has Missy. Featuring: Charles Grodin, Bonnie Hunt. A Universal Pictures release, 1 hr. 26 min.Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryDespite the popularity of his treats, candy maker Willy Wonka shuts himself inside his factory. But then Willy holds a contest, offering five lucky children the chance to see his company. Poor but pleasant Charlie Bucket finds a ticket, as do four less-deserving children. Featuring:Johnny Depp, Freddie Highmore. A Warner Bros. Release, 1 hr. 56 min.Cinderella ManBased on actual events, this film follows the life of Jim Braddock, a boxer in New York City during the Great Depression. After a series of losses, Braddock is forced into retirement. But he never gives up his boxing dream, and neither does his manager. Featuring: Russell Crowe, Renee Zellweger. A Universal Pictures release, 2 hr. 14 min.Liar LiarLawyer Fletcher Reede has never told the truth in his life. Then his son makes a birthday wish that his dad would stop lying for 24 hours. Suddenly, Fletcher’s mouth spouts everything he thinks. His compulsion brings disaster to courtroom, where he must defend a client whose case was built on lies. Featuring: Jim Carrey, Justin Cooper. A Universal Pictures release, 1 hr. 25 min.【小题1】 Which of the following is probably the name of a dog?A.Marty.B.Missy.C.Fletcher.D.Charlie【小题2】 Willy Wonka is _______.A.a boxer who suffers a series of lossesB.a lawyer who has never told the truth C.a man who runs a chocolate factoryD.a man who invents a time machine【小题3】 Which film is about the life of a real person?A.Beethoven’s 2ndB.Charlie and the Chocolate FactoryC.Cinderella ManD.Liar Liar
Increasingly, Americans are becoming their own doctors, by going online to diagnose their symptoms, order home health tests or medical devices, or even self-treat their illnesses with drugs from Internet pharmacies(药店). Some avoid doctors because of the high cost of medical care, especially if they lack health insurance. Or they may stay because they find it embarrassing to discuss their weight, alcohol consumption or couch potato habits. Patients may also fear what they might learn about their health, or they distrust physicians because of negative experiences in the past. But playing doctor can also be a deadly game. Every day, more than six million Americans turn to the Internet for medical answers – most of them aren’t nearly skeptical enough of what they find. A 2002 survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project found that 72 percent of those surveyed believe all or most of what they read on health websites. They shouldn’t. Look up “headache”, and the chances of finding reliable and complete information, free from a motivation for commercial gain, are only one in ten, reports an April 2005 Brown Medical School study. Of the 169 websites the researchers rated, only 16 scored as “high quality”. Recent studies found faulty facts about all sorts of other disorders, causing one research team to warn that a large amount of incomplete, inaccurate and even dangerous information exists on the Internet. The problem is most people don’t know the safe way to surf the Web. “They use a search engine like Google, get 18 trillion choices and start clicking. But that’s risky, because almost anybody can put up a site that looks authoritative(权威的), so it’d hard to know if what you’re reading is reasonable or not,” says Dr. Sarah Bass from the National Cancer Institute.【小题1】 According to the text, an increasing number of American _____.A.are suffering from mental disordersB.turn to Internet pharmacies for helpC.like to play deadly games with doctorsD.are skeptical about surfing medical websites【小题2】 Some Americans stay away from doctors because they _____.A.find medical devices easy to operateB.prefer to be diagnosed online by doctorsC.are afraid to face the truth of their healthD.are afraid to misuse their health insurance【小题3】According to the study of Brown Medical School, ______.A.more than 6 million Americans distrust doctorsB.only 1/10 of medical websites aim to make a profitC.about 1/10 of the websites surveyed are of high qualityD.72% of health websites offer incomplete and faulty facts【小题4】 Which of the following is the author’s main argument?A.It’s cheap to self-treat your own illness.B.It’s embarrassing to discuss your bad habits.C.It’s reasonable to put up a medical website.D.It’s dangerous to be your own doctor.
第4题:书面表达(本题包括小题,共分)
假设你是李华,你的澳大利亚朋友Dick听说中国的中小学正在减轻学生的学习负担,来信询问有关情况。请你根据下表提供的信息,写一封回信,谈一谈减负给你的学习和生活带来的变化。 周末活动(减负前) 周末活动(减负后) 白天:上课、做作业 白天:参观博物馆,学习电脑、绘画等 晚上:做作业 晚上:看新闻、读书、看报 就寝时间:11:30&就寝时间:10:30&注意:1.词数100左右。2.开头已为你写好。 生词:reduce learning load减轻学习负担Dear Dick,   How nice to hear from you again.
... Best wishes,2010年高三英语模拟试题及答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2010年高三英语模拟试题及答案
上传于||文档简介
&&高​三​英​语​模​拟​试​题
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用
想免费下载本文?
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩8页未读,继续阅读
你可能喜欢举一反三(巩固练习,成绩显著提升,去)
根据问他()题库系统分析,
试题“The Florida sun baked my shoul...”,相似的试题还有:
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C、D)中,选出空白处的最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。The Florida sun baked my
shoulders as I worked along the I-595 freeway near Fort Lauderdale,picking up rubbish.I paused to 1the sweat off my forehead and look up at
the cloudless blue sky.“ 2can't rain?”I thought.That would 3things off.I thought about my 4,who were 5sitting
in an air-conditioned classroom at the high school right now.I'd had some 6in school,so my
parents decided to let me work 7with my dad.We both worked for my uncle,who had
taken 8of a road maintenance(道路养护)company.It was up to us to keep the roads 9of rubbish.The job was 10and dirty,especially
on hot days like this.I 11why I ever
agreed to do it.We continued our 12route(路线)along 595, 13for the overpass bridge.Then I noticed an area where some 14were broken on the
ground.They weren't like that before.“Dad! Pull over! I want to 15something
out.”I jumped off the truck and rushed
to the bridge.Something
was telling me to
16…there wasn't
much time.
a Toyota that
18upside down in the trees.Maybe it was a stolen car that somebody 19there.Then I noticed something 20,it
was a bloody leg poking out of the driver's side window!“Heeeelp!”a lady moaned (呻吟).1.A.wipe
D.brush2.A.When
D.How long3.A.wash
D.cool4.A.relatives
B.neighbors
C.friends
D.workmates5.A.happily
B.probably
D.finally6.A.difficulty
B.trouble
C.questions
D.problems7.A.full-time
B.part-time
C.all the time
D.some time8.A.advantage
B.possession
C.position
D.place9.A.away
D.clear10.A.easy
B.exciting
D.comfortable11.A.knew
B.wondered
C.believed
D.admitted12.A.regular
C.unusual
D.old13.A.leaving
D.heading14.A.cars
D.glasses15.A.check
D.bring16.A.decide
C.consider
D.listen17.A.Above
D.Below18.A.hung
D.knocked19.A.treasured
B.deserted
D.hid20.A.pushing
B.shouting
The Florida sun baked my shoulders as I worked along the I-595 freeway near Fort Lauderdale, picking up rubbish. I paused to &36 &the sweat off& my forehead and look up at the cloudless blue sky.“ &37 &can’t it rain?” I thought. That would&&38 &things down.I thought about my &39 &, who were probably sitting in an air-conditioned &40 &right now. I’d had some problems in school, &&41&my parents decided to let me &42 &full-time with my dad, We both worked for my uncle, who had taken &43 &of a maintenance(道路养护)company. It was up to us to keep the roads &44 &of rubbish. The job was&45 &and dirty, especially on hot days &46 &this. I wondered why I ever agreed to do it.We continued our &47 &route along the I-595,&&48 &for the overpass bridge. Then I noticed an area where some &49& were broken on the ground. It wasn’t like that before.“Dad! Pull over! I want to &50& something out.”I jumped off the truck and rushed to the bridge. Something was telling me to &51 &…there wasn’t much time. &52& I saw a Toyota that&&53 &upside down in the tree. Maybe it was a stolen car that somebody &54 &there, I thought. Then, just at that&&55 &, I noticed something moving. It was a bloody leg poking out of the driver’s side window!“Help!” a lady moaned.【小题1】A.wipeB.cutC.putD.send【小题2】A.WhenB.HowC.WhyD.Where【小题3】A.turnB.keepC.makeD.cool【小题4】A.parentsB.school-timesC.friendsD.school yards【小题5】A.officeB.classroomC.restaurantD.living room【小题6】A.butB.orC.forD.so【小题7】A.workB.studyC.stayD.spend【小题8】A.businessB.possessionC.positionD.place【小题9】A.awayB.fromC.farD.clear【小题10】A.easyB.lonelyC.smellyD.noisy【小题11】A.forB.likeC.afterD.as【小题12】A.regularB.commonC.unusualD.normal【小题13】A.reachingB.goingC.lookingD.heading【小题14】A.carsB.bottlesC.branchesD.glasses【小题15】A.checkB.helpC.takeD.bring【小题16】A.decideB.hurryC.considerD.stop【小题17】A.AboveB.BehindC.AheadD.Below【小题18】A.hungB.trappedC.caughtD.fell【小题19】A.storedB.desertedC.lostD.hid【小题20】A.bridgeB.treeC.momentD.way
The Florida sun baked my shoulders as I worked along the I-595 freeway near Fort Lauderdale, picking up rubbish. I paused to& 36& the sweat off& my forehead and look up at the cloudless blue sky.“& 37& can’t it rain?” I thought. That would&& 38& things down. I thought about my& 39& , who were probably sitting in an air-conditioned& 40& right now. I’d had some problems in school,&& 41& my parents decided to let me& 42& full-time with my dad, We both worked for my uncle, who had taken& 43& of a maintenance(道路养护)company. It was up to us to keep the roads& 44& of rubbish. The job was& 45& and dirty, especially on hot days& 46& this. I wondered why I ever agreed to do it. We continued our& 47& route along the I-595,&& 48& for the overpass bridge. Then I noticed an area where some& 49& were broken on the ground. It wasn’t like that before. “Dad! Pull over! I want to& 50& something out.” I jumped off the truck and rushed to the bridge. Something was telling me to& 51& …there wasn’t much time.& 52& I saw a Toyota that&& 53& upside down in the tree. Maybe it was a stolen car that somebody& 54& there, I thought. Then, just at that&& 55& , I noticed something moving. It was a bloody leg poking out of the driver’s side window! “Heeeelp!”a lady moaned. 36. A.wipe&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.cut&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.put&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.send37. A.When&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.How&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Why&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Where38. A.turn&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.keep&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.make&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.cool39. A.parents&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.school-times&&&&&&&&&&& C.friends&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.school yards40. A.office&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.classroom&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.restaurant&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.living room41. A.but&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.or&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.so42. A.work&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.study&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.stay&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.spend43. A.business&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.possession&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.position&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.place44. A.away&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.from&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.far&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.clear45. A.easy&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.lonely&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.smelly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.noisy46. A.for&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.like&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.after&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.as47. A.regular&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.common&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.unusual&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.normal48. A.reaching&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.going&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.looking&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.heading49. A.cars&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.bottles&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.branches&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.glasses50. A.check&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.help&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.take&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.bring51. A.decide&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.hurry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.consider&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.stop52. A.Above&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.Behind&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.Ahead&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Below53. A.hung&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.trapped&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.caught&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.fell54. A.stored&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.deserted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.lost&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.hid55. A.bridge&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.tree&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.moment&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.way}

我要回帖

更多关于 baked potato 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信