She was full of pity___ thone little boyy with no one to love and care for him 填啥介词?

完形填空Once there was a poor little girl living near a forest. She had no family and no one to love her. So she often 1 sad and lonely.One day, when she was walking in the forest, she found that a small 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
完形填空Once there was a poor little girl living near a forest. She had no family and no one to love her. So she often &&1&&sad and lonely.One day, when she was walking in the forest, she found that a small &&2&&was trapped unluckily in a bush. The butterfly tried to fly away &&3&&failed. The kind little girl saved the butterfly with great care. Instead of flying away, the butterfly turned &&4&&a beautiful fairy (仙女). The little girl was very &&5&.“Thank you for &&6&&me. You are so kind. I will make any of your dreams come true.” said the fairy.The little girl thought for a moment and then said, “I want to be &7&!”The fairy said, “Very well. I will help you.” And she said something in the little girl’s ear. Then the fairy disappeared.As the kind little girl grew up, she was &&8&&ready to help people in need and was popular among the villagers. No one in the village was as happy as she was. Everyone asked her the &&9&&of ther happiness. She always smiled and &&10&, “The secret of my happiness is that I listened to a kind &&11&&when I was a little girl.”When the kind girl became a very old woman and was dying, the neighbours in the &&12&&all gathered (聚拢) around her bed because they were &&13&&that her secret of happiness would die with her. They asked, “Please tell us what the kind fairy said.”The lovely old woman still &&14&&and said, “She told me that everyone needed me, no matter how safe they seemed, no matter how rich or poor, no matter how old or &&15&. She said that helping others would make me happy all my life.”小题1:A.thoughtB.foundC.soundedD.felt小题2:A.butterflyB.birdC.snakeD.squirrel小题3:A.soB.orC.butD.as小题4:A.onB.upC.into D.down小题5:A.surprisedB.tiredC.madD.angry小题6:A.catchingB.beatingC.killingD.saving小题7:A.activeB.happyC.energeticD.humorous小题8:A.alwaysB.neverC.seldomD.hardly小题9:A.successB.secretC.powerD.lesson小题10:A.askedB.hopedC.answeredD.refused小题11:A.witchB.fairyC.ghostD.princess小题12:A.villageB.townC.cityD.world小题13:A.excitedB.pleasedC.gladD.afraid小题14:A.shoutedB.criedC.smiledD.jumped小题15:A.youngB.greatC.niceD.quiet
小题1:D小题2:A小题3:C小题4:C小题5:A小题6:D小题7:B小题8:A小题9:B小题10:C小题11:B小题12:A小题13:D小题14:C小题15:A试题分析:从前,有一个可怜的小女孩,住附近的森林。她没有家,没有人爱她。所以她常常悲伤和孤独。有一天,当她在森林中散步,她发现一个小蝴蝶被困在一片灌木丛。善良的小女孩救了的蝴蝶,后来蝴蝶变成一个美丽的仙女。“谢谢你为我。你真好。我必使你的梦想成真。“仙女说。小女孩想了一会儿,然后说,“我要幸福!”仙女说:“很好。我会帮你。“她在小女孩的耳边说了些什么。然后,仙女消失了。善良的小女孩长大了,她随时准备帮助有需要帮助的人,村里的人都没她开心她总是笑着。临终前这个可爱的老妇人告诉人们说,“帮助别人,让我快乐一生。小题1:此题考查动词,根据上文的含义可知这个小女孩没有家人因此她经常感到孤独和寂寞,因表示过去的事件,故用过去时,故选D。小题2:此题考查名词,根据下文内容The butterfly tried to fly away可知是小蝴蝶被困在灌木丛中,故选A。小题3:此题考查连词,表示转折,故选C。小题4:此题考查固定短语turn into表示变成…故选C。小题5:此题考查形容词,根据语境可知这个小蝴蝶变成个仙女,这个事情让小姑娘非常的吃惊,故选A。小题6:此题考查固定句型结构thank for doing sth表示因做某事而感谢某人,,根据语境可知这个小姑娘救了那只蝴蝶,故选D。小题7:此题考查形容词,根据下文内容的提示可知这个小女孩说的是想要幸福,故选B。小题8:此题考查副词,根据语境可知这个小女孩总是在帮助那些需要帮助的人,故A。小题9:此题考查名词,根据上文内容可知,这个小女孩非常开心,因此人们就想知道开心的秘密,故选B。小题10:此题考查动词,根据语境可知小女孩笑着回答乡亲们提出的问题,故选C。小题11:此题考查名词,根据语境可知小女孩指的就是那个仙女,故选B。小题12:此题考查名词,根据语境可知全村的人都来到这个老妇人那里,故选A。小题13:此题考查固定句型结构be afraid that表示害怕某件事情,故选D。小题14:此题考查动词,根据上下文的内容可知老妇人还是笑着回答,故用C。小题15:此题考查形容词,根据语境可知此句的含义是不管他有多大多小,故选A。点评:完形填空的基础是阅读,应借助上下文完成整篇文章的理解,因此要有语篇理解能力,具体做法可以分为三步,第一:通读全篇,弄懂整篇说的什么,作者想要表达的意思。第二:将合适的词填上去,注意:没把握的词坚决不填。第三:再读全篇,解决余下问题。平时要多看阅读练习培养语感,完型的话先看完整篇,再根据理解去填空,阅读题先看题目再带着问题去看文章,这些方法都可以事半功倍
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
I am an English girl. My name is Mary. I’m twelve. My dad and mom are English teachers. I have a sister. Her name is Ann and she is twelve years old, too. We are in China now. Ann and I study(学习) in Beijing No. 4 Junior High School. We are in the same grade, but in different classes. Ann has a cat. It looks nice. It has a small mouth and two small ears. It is white. We have friends here. They’re good.根据短文内容,判断正(T)误(F)。小题1:Mary is from the U.S.A.小题2:Ann is in Beijing No. 4 Junior High School.小题3:Ann and Mary have good friends in China.小题4:Ann has a black cat.小题5:They are in the same class.
A friend of mine named Paul received(收到) an expensive car from his brother as a Christmas present.On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office,a street urchin(顽童) was walking around the shining car.“Is this your car,Paul?”he asked. Paul answered,“Yes,my brother gave it to me for Christmas.”The boy was surprised(惊奇).“You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you anything?Boy,I wish…”He hesitated(犹豫).Of course, Paul knew what he was going to wish for(希望).He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the boy said surprised Paul greatly. “I wish,”the boy went on,“that I could be a brother like that.”Paul looked at the boy in surprise, then he said again, “Would you like to take a ride in my car?”“Oh yes,I’d love that.”After a short ride,the boy turned and with his eyes shining,said,“Paul,would you mind (介意)driving in front of my house?”Paul smiled a little.He thought he knew what the boy wanted.He wanted to show his neighbours that he could ride home in a big car. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are? the boy asked.He ran up to the steps. Then in a short while Paul heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled(残疾的) brother. He sat him down on the step and pointed to the car.“There she is, Buddy, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas and it didn’t cost him a cent(美分). And some day I’m going to give you one just like it…then you can see for yourself all the nice things in the Christmas windows that I’ve been trying to tell you about.”Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began an unforgettable(难忘的) holiday ride.小题1:The street urchin was very surprised when ________.A.Paul received an expensive carB.Paul told him about the carC.he saw the shining carD.he was walking around the car小题2:From the story we can see the urchin ________.A.wished to give his brother a carB.wanted Paul’s brother to give him a carC.wished he could have a brother like Paul’sD.wished Paul could be a brother like that小题3:The urchin asked Paul to stop his car in front of his house ________.A.to show his neighbours the big carB.to show he had a rich friendC.to let his brother ride in the carD.to tell his brother about his wish小题4:We can infer(推断)from the story that ________.A.Paul couldn’t understand the urchinB.the urchin had a deep love for his brotherC.the urchin wished to have a rich brotherD.the urchin’s wish came true in the end小题5:The best name of the name story is _________.A.A Christmas PresentB.A Street UrchinC.A Brother Like ThatD.An Unforgettable Holiday Ride
There is an old tiger in the forest (森林). He doesn’t want to look for (寻找) food now. He often lets other animals get him some food to eat.One day, he sees a monkey (猴子) and says,“I am hungry, monkey. Go and get me something to eat.”“I can’t do that now, tiger.” the monkey says,“There is another tiger over there(那边). He doesn’t let me get anything for you to eat. I am afraid of (害怕) him.” “What?” says the old tiger. “Take me to the tiger. I want to talk to him.” The monkey and the tiger go to the bridge(桥) over the river(河). “Now look down at the water.” says the monkey. “Do you see the tiger?” “Yes, I do.” says the old tiger. “Let me eat him.” Then the tiger jumps(跳) into the river.小题1:How many tigers and monkeys are there in the story?A.Two tigers and two monkeys.B.Two tigers and one monkey.C.One tiger and two monkeys.D.One tiger and one monkey.小题2:Why do other animals get food for the tiger? A.Because they are afraid of him.B.Because only they can find some food.C.Because they are his friends.D.Because they like to do that.小题3:The monkey ________.A.goes to get something to eatB.goes to the bridge with the tigerC.knows there is another tigerD.tells the tiger to jump into the water小题4:Which of the following is right(正确的)?A.The tiger is very clever.B.The monkey eats the tiger.C.The tiger eats another tiger.D.The tiger jumps into the water.
题型:完形填空
完形填空Mr. and Mrs. Jones don’t often go out &&&&36&&, but last Saturday, Mrs. Jones &&&37___ to her husband, “There is a good &&&38&&&tonight. Can we go and see it?”Mr. Jones was quite &&&39&&&about it, so they went and both of them liked the film very much. They came out of &&&&40&&&at 11 o’clock, got into their &&41&&&and began to drive home. It was quite dark, then Mrs. Jones said to Mr. Jones, “Look! A woman is running along the road very &&&42&&&, and a man is running after her. Can you see them?”Mr. Jones said, “Yes, I can.” He drove the car slowly near the woman and said to her, “Can we &&&&43&&&&you?” “No, thank you,” the woman said, but she didn’t stop &&&&44&&&&. “My husband and I always run home after the film, and the &&&45&&&one does the cleaning at home.”小题1:A.in the morningB.in the eveningC.in the afternoonD.at noon小题2:A.toldB.talkedC.spokeD.said小题3:A.filmB.matchC.meetingD.message小题4:A.angryB.afraidC.worriedD.happy小题5:A.the filmB.TVC.the cinemaD.the shop小题6:A.seatsB.chairsC.carD.train小题7:A.fastB.slowlyC.lateD.long小题8:A.leaveB.noticeC.helpD.love小题9:A.to runB.runningC.runsD.ran小题10:A.lastB.angryC.happyD.great
The greatest saleswoman in the world today doesn’t mind if you call her a girl. That’s because Markita Andrews has got more than eight thousand dollars selling Girl Scout cookies since she was seven years old.Going door-to-door after school, the terribly shy Markita changed herself into the cookie-selling dynamo(高手).It starts with great wish.For Markita and her mother, whose husband left them when Markita was eight years old, their dream was to travel the world. “I’ll work hard to make enough money to send you to college,” her mother said one day. “When you leave college, you’ll make enough money to take you and me around the world. Okay?”So at the age of 13 when Markita read in her Girl Scout magazine that the Scout(童子军)who sold the most cookies would win a free trip for two around the world, she decided to sell all the Girl Scout cookies she could—more Girl Scout cookies than anyone in the world, ever.Wish, however, alone is not enough. To make her dream come true, Markita knew she needed a plan.“When you are doing business, wear your Girl Scout clothes when you go up to people in their building, ” her aunt told her. “Always smile, whether they buy something or not and always be nice.”Lots of other Scouts may have wanted that trip around the world, but only Markita went off in her own uniform each day after school, ready to ask—and keep asking—people to help in her dream.Markita sold 3,526 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that year and won her trip around the world. Since then, she has sold more than 42,000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies.Markita is no cleverer than thousands of other people, with dreams of their own. The difference is that many people fail before they even begin. They fear(恐惧)that they will be refused. This fear leads many of us to refuse ourselves and prevents us from getting where we have set off for long before anyone else ever has the chance—no matter what we are selling.“It takes courage(勇气)to ask for what you want,” she said. “Courage is not that you don’t have fear. It means doing what it takes although you have a fear of it”.小题1:From the passage we learn that ________.A.a good planning is the most important in the job of sellingB.Markita took the free trip around the world herselfC.Markita has a full-time selling job nowD.to do something successfully, we should do what is needed小题2:Markita ________.A.started to sell Girl Scout cookies when she was 13 years oldB.has only one parentC.whose parents are rich, went to collegeD.sold cookies in different shops小题3:Which of the following is the best title for the passage?A.The Greatest Saleswoman in the World.B.A Successful Girl in Selling.C.The Secret of Selling.D.Girl Scout Cookies.小题4:The main reason for Markita’s success is that ________.A.she asks for what she wants before she is refusedB.she isn’t afraid to be refusedC.her aunt has told her how to sell thingsD.she has a good wish
There is an elephant and a monkey. They’re friends. But one day they want to know who is stronger. One of them says, “Who can get apples over there, who is stronger.”There is a river over there. The monkey says, “I can’t swim.” The elephant says, “I can swim. Please sit on my back.” They go across the river. The apple trees are very tall. The elephant can’t reach the apples. The monkey climbs up the tree and gets many apples.Now they know they should help each other.小题1:The elephant and the monkey want to know ______.A.who is smarterB.who is higherC.who can swimD.who is stronger小题2:______ can’t swim.A.The elephantB.The monkeyC.The big animalsD.The small animals小题3:______ can’t reach the apples.A.The elephantB.The monkeyC.The high animalsD.The short animals小题4:At last the monkey goes across the river with the help of ______.A.the elephantB.the monkeyC.an animalD.a boat小题5:From the story we should _______.A.learn from the elephantB.learn from the monkeyC.A and BD.help each other
题型:完形填空
Amanda is a very kind girl. She is &&1&&willing to help people who are in trouble. Now Amanda is &&2&&in the University of Texas. At the same &&3&, she is volunteering to teach at Heart House in her free time. Heart House is a local after-school program for children. It &4 &some extra classes for those children who are not doing well in their studies.Amanda goes to Heart House to teach the &&5&&twice a week. She has also set up a website for Heart House. &6&&this way, more people will have more chances to learn about Heart House and help the children there.For Amanda volunteer work is not only good for &&7&, but also good for her studies. “I feel happy to teach those children &&8&&to study. The happier thing is that I can also learn a lot from them,” Amanda says.Now, &&9 &Amanda’s website, every week each of the 125 volunteers helps the children at Heart House. “& 10 &Amanda’s website, Heart House would not be able to have enough volunteers. She has supported our program a lot. We appreciate her help,” the program leader says.小题1:A.hardlyB.yetC.alwaysD.never小题2:A.studying B.teachingC.cleaningD.cooking小题3:A.schoolB.timeC.universityD.year小题4:A.gives B.offersC.helpsD.provides小题5:A.boysB.girlsC.childrenD.adults小题6:A.InB.ByC.OnD.To小题7:A.otherB.othersC.anotherD.anybody小题8:A.whatB.whenC.whereD.how小题9:A.thanksB.thanks toC.becauseD.thanks for小题10:A.WithB.InC.WithoutD.Under
阅读理解(共5小题,每小题2分)Tom saw an advertisement(广告)in a newspaper for a beautiful bicycle. It cost 55 pounds so he went to the shop and asked to see one of the wonderful bicycles. The owner of the shop was happy to show one to Tom. Tom examined it carefully and then turned to the owner and said, ‘There isn’t a lamp(灯)on this bicycle, but there was one on the bicycle in your advertisement.” “Yes, sir” answered the man, “but the lamp isn’t included(包括)in the price of the bicycle.” “Not included in the price of the bicycle?” Tom said angrily, “But that’s not honest. If the lamp is in the advertisement, it should be included in the price.” “Well, sir” answered the shop owner coldly. “There is also a girl on the bicycle in the advertisement, but we can not give you a girl with the bicycle, either.”小题1:In the advertisement, there was a &&&&and a&&on the bicycle.A. lamp, girl&&&&&&&& B. newspaper, shop owner&&&&&&& C. lamp, man小题2:After he read the advertisement. Tom decided to&&& .A.see and buy the lamp &&&B. ask the owner&& C. see and buy the bike&小题3:Tom&&after he looked at the bike carefullyA. returned the bike to the shop ownerB. didn’t find a lamp on the bicycleC. showed the bike to the shop owner小题4:Tom thought it was&&for the shop owner to sell the bike without a lamp while there was one in the advertisement.A. wrong&&&&B. honest&&&&C. necessary小题5:The text gives us a lesson that &&.A. we must read a newspaper carefullyB. bicycle must be examined carefully before they are boughtC. sometimes we can’t completely(完全地)believe an& advertisement
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!pityFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishpit?y1 /'p?ti/
●●○ S3 noun
→2 [uncountable]SYMPATHIZE
for a person or animal who is
→ piteous, pitiable, pitiful, pitilesspity for He looked exhausted, but Marie felt no pity for him. I listened to Jason’s story with pity. I hated the thought of being an object of pity (=someone who other people feel sorry for).take/have pity on somebody (=feel sorry for someone and treat them with sympathy) He sounded so upset that Leah started to take pity on him.3
→Meaning 2: sympathy for a person or animal who is suffering or unhappyfeel pity (for somebody)No one can look at these photographs and not feel pity.take/have pity (on somebody) (=feel sorry for someone and treat them with sympathy)He was expecting a prison sentence but the judge took pity on him.be filled with pity/full of pityHis heart was filled with pity for them.a feeling/sense of pityAnnie experienced a sudden feeling of pity for the young man.a wave/surge of pityThe woman looked so dejected that a wave of pity washed over me.a twinge/stab of pity (=a small feeling of pity)Charles even felt a twinge of pity for Mrs Sweet.an object of pity (=someone who people feel sorry for)He was a proud man and he didn't want to be treated as an object of pity.Examples from the CorpuspityIt is a pity, for much of the
is this tuning-in of a highly developed
.M this is a pity, since the
of markets in
.Even at nine years old, I thought it was a pity the Druitt women
up so early.A pity the
only got the
she deserved after her
death.He looked up and saw Sylvia looking at him with
and pity.A
felt enough pity for the
to find him
misdemeanor rather than a .I have no pity for people who
and get .She was full of pity for the little
with no one to love and
for him.I felt an
of pity for him and reached out and
one of his hands in .It's a
war. They don't want our pity, they need our help.I felt such pity for that you
.When I returned to school, my
looked at me with pity in their eyes.object of pity
being an object of pity at school.Because of this, a
no , but becomes rather an object of pity.The
themselves were
more realistically, whether as
or as objects of pity.pity2
●●○ verb (pitied, pitying, pities) [transitive not usually in progressive]
SYMPATHIZEto feel
for someone because they are in a very bad situation I pity anyone who has to feed a family on such a low income. Sam pitied his grandmother there alone, never going out. Pity the poor teachers who have to deal with these kids.In everyday English, people usually say that they feel sorry for someone rather than pity them:I feel sorry for his wife.Examples from the CorpuspityLucy is much to be pitied.She could not , but she could still pity.I pity anyone who has to live with .He felt pity for Marla out there all by herself in some little nowhere .She would never allow him a reason to pity her again, to hold her in .I had pitied her up there alone, never going out in the , without friends.I don't want you to pity me - I just want you to help me.He knew that he had
Zeus well and that he had done right to pity
in their helplessness.On the
should be the question: Which
team do you pity the most?
More results
Pictures of the day
Do you know what each of these is called?
Click on the pictures to check.
Explore topics
Word of the day
Verb tablepityPresentI, you, we, theypityhe, she, itpities
& View More
PastI, you, he, she, it, we, theypitiedPresent perfectI, you, we, theyhave pitiedhe, she, ithas pitiedPast perfectI, you, he, she, it, we, theyhad pitiedFutureI, you, he, she, it, we, theywill pityFuture perfectI, you, he, she, it, we, theywill have pitied
& View Less
PresentIam pityinghe, she, itis pitying
& View More
you, we, theyare pityingPastI, he, she, itwas pityingyou, we, theywere pityingPresent perfectI, you, we, theyhave been pityinghe, she, ithas been pityingPast perfectI, you, he, she, it, we, theyhad been pityingFutureI, you, he, she, it, we, theywill be pityingFuture perfectI, you, he, she, it, we, theywill have been pitying
& View Less}

我要回帖

更多关于 little boy 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信