I had a big lump in my throat had是什么意思思?

Musicals, plays, shows, hotels and attractions for theatre breaks in London midweek or weekend
Les Miserables
Les Miserables continues its epic run in London at the Queens Theatre after celebrating 25 years recently. Running time is 2 hours 50 including interval. This longest running show is now extended until at least June 2011.
Gareth Gates joins the cast at the Queen’s Theatre from 18th October to 20th November 2010, and from 31st January 2011 to 18th June 2011.
Les Miserables has been going so long we sometimes forget that it is a perfect choice for a theatre break. The show has been in the West End for 25 years and is the longest running musical. Les Miserables is also the world’s most popular musical. It has been seen by over 50 million people, in 38 countries and in 21 languages. Now even more people will see the forthcoming film, but I don’t think it will ever equal the original London stage production. There is something about seeing high quality live theatre that makes it a much more powerful experience.
The Cast of Les Miserables
One of the ways Les Mis, as Les Miserables is affectionately known, keeps fresh is by adding new and interesting cast members. Many of us watched the BBC programme where comedian Matt Lucus fulfilled a life-long ambition and took on the role of the inn keeper Thenardier. What you might not have realised was it he wasn’t there just for one performance!
Big names that have been in the show recently include the rather gorgeous Ramin Karimloo, who was followed by David Shannon. Geronimo Rauch is now playing Jean Valjean again after a break of a couple of years. This is a recurring theme in Les Miserables, actors come into the show, stay for a while and then move on. They are often tempted back later, at least in part, because
working in a big show like this is such a great experience.
Leading ladies in Les Miserables take the role of Fantine. Currently this role is being played by the wonderful Sierra Boggess. She has an amazing soaring soprano voice and I loved her in Love Never Dies (which, by the way, I thoroughly enjoyed and was sad to see close!) I’d love to hear her sing “I Dreamed a Dream” which is probably Fantine’s most famous song.
Sierra’s partner Tam Mutu is playing Javert at the moment so it’s a great chance to see them working together.
The role of Eponine, which I suppose you might describe as the ingénue is often played by young, upcoming actresses. Alexia Khadime (my favourite Elphaba!) played Eponine until she was replaced by Over the Rainbow winner 2011 Danielle Hope last summer.
Danielle did really well in The Wizard of Oz and she seems to be getting good reviews for her performance as Eponine.
The cast of leading actors and actresses is backed up by the huge ensemble. That is the thing about Les Mis, it really is an ensemble show, with powerful, stirring moments like this one:
Les Miserables – The Story
Cosette in the original illustrations for Les Miserables
The basic story is drawn from Victor Hugo’s novel of the same name but with some substantial plot and character changes. In the musical ex-convict Jean Valjean is hunted for decades by the ruthless policeman Javert after he breaks parole. In his new life Valjean agrees to find and care for factory worker Fantine’s young daughter, Cosette.
Cosette is the waif who’s image has become the symbol of the musical. She is abused and overworked by the inn keeper and his family. We see both her and Eponine (the inn keepers daughter) as children and then later as young women. The musical makes ?ponine much more sympathetic than the novel or film adaptations. This has made her one of the show’s most popular characters.
Les Miserables at the Queen’s Theatre
Les Miserables at the Queen’s Theatre
The Queen’s theatre is one of the slightly smaller West End theatres. It has a seating capacity of under 1000 seat (989) but a full West End sized stage. This means that the show is regularly sold out and leads to a great atmosphere. The show moved to this venue in 2004 and seems to just go on and on there. Getting tickets isn’t always easy but there are almost always theatre break packages available. ( for Les Mis theatre breaks)
The theatre is on Shaftesbury Avenue (51) and easy to find. Originally built in the 1900s the original theatre foyer suffered damage during the London blitz. Over the years the theatre had mixed fortunes but things began to look up with the arrival of Les Mis in 2004.
Les Miserables Queen’s Theatre auditorium
In 2009 The Queen’s Theatre was totally refurbished to improve the public areas and increase the capacity, with new seating and boxes reinstated at dress circle level. It’s lovely now and fully restored to its former glory, as you can see from this photo of the auditorium.
Les Miserables on Tour If you’ve ever been on a
then here’s a chance to see the world’s longest running musical at a venue closer to home perhaps. Of course if you haven’t ever seen it properly in London then what are you waiting for?
Cameron Mackintosh announced recently that John Owen Jones will star as ‘Jean Valjean’, Earl Carpenter as ‘Javert’ and Gareth Gates as ‘Marius’ in the exciting new 25th anniversary production of
“LES MIS?RABLES,”. This new production has spectacular new designs inspired by the paintings of Victor Hugo and embarks on a major international tour starting in Wales. Les Miserables Stars John Owen Jones has been hailed as the best Jean Valjean since Colm Wilkinson. As well as starring in “Les Misérables” in both the West End and on Broadway he has also appeared as ‘The Phantom’ in “” at Her Majesty’s Theatre, London. Earl Carpenter who is currently playing ‘Javert’ in the West End production of “Les Misérables” has also starred as ‘The Phantom’ in West End.
of course, is the multi million selling popstar who had the 2nd best selling single this decade. He played the title role of ‘Joseph’ in “” at the West End’s
and was a semi finalist in ‘Dancing on Ice’ 2008. Les Miserables Score The score of “LES MIS?RABLES” includes the songs, ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ (currently the world’s most popular song thanks to Susan Boyle), ‘On My Own’, ‘Stars’, ‘Bring Him Home’, ‘Do You Hear the People Sing’, ‘One Day More’, ‘Empty Chairs at Empty Tables’, ‘Master Of The House’ and many more. Les Miserables Amazing History
Les Miserables “LES MIS?RABLES” originally opened in London at the Barbican Theatre on 8 October 1985, transferred to the Palace Theatre on 4 December 1985 and moved to its current home at the Queen’s Theatre on 3 April 2004 where it continues to play to packed houses. When “LES MIS?RABLES” celebrated its 21st London birthday on 8 October 2006, it became the World’s Longest Running Musical, surpassing the record previously held by “Cats” in London’s West End.
Seen by over 56 million people worldwide in 42 countries and in 21 languages
34 cast recordings of Les Miz, Multi-platinum London cast recording Grammy Award-winning Broadway cast album. 10th Anniversary Royal Albert Hall Gala Concert album sold nearly two million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling musical videos ever in the UK. There are over 2,000 productions of the Les Misérables School’s Edition scheduled or being performed by over 100,000 school children in the UK, US and Australia, making it the most successful musical ever produced in schools.
Cameron Mackintosh’s production of Les Miserables is written by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Sch?nberg and is based on the novel by Victor Hugo. It has music by Claude-Michel Sch?nberg, lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer and original French text by Alain Boublil and Jean-Marc Natel and additional material by James Fenton. The original London production of “LES MIS?RABLES” was adapted and directed by Trevor Nunn and John Caird. This new production will be directed by Laurence Connor and James Powell and designed by Matt Kinley inspired by the works of Victor Hugo and John Napier. Original costumes by Andreane Neofitou, lighting by Paule Constable and sound by Mick Potter. Les Miserables International Tour Dates LES MIS?RABLES
International Tour
11 December 2009 – 16 January 2010 WALES MILLENNIUM CENTRE CARDIFF 19 January – 13 February 2010 MANCHESTER PALACE THEATRE 16 February – 20 March 2010 NORWICH THEATRE ROYAL 23 March – 17 April 2010 BIRMINGHAM HIPPODROME 20 April – 15 May 2010 EDINBURGH PLAYHOUSE 26 May – 4 July 2010 PARIS – THE CHATELET
Les Miserables London Theatre Breaks
on 26/7/08 & Categorized as
Les Miserables or Les Miz – what’s in a name?
Give it its full title, Les Miserables or shorten it to Les Mis or even Les Miz,
whatever you
want to call, it is worth remembering that this classic musical has been playing in the West End since 1985 last century.
Les Mis recently extended its booking period
through to
April 25th 2009. The production has had over 9,000 performances. What is it about the show that makes it such a classic? How has it kept going when other great shows have come and gone? I thought I’d try to find out. Les Miserables – the public’s favourite Right from the start it was the public that made Les Miz a hit. The show had pretty much bombed in its original form in Paris in 1982. It took the vision of Cameron Mackintosh, Trevor Nunn and
John Caird to bring it to London in 1985. The reviews of the critics were very mixed, most of them thought it was either too heavy or that the subject was more suitable for an opera than a musical.
It was word of mouth that sealed the show’s success. The British theatre public simply loved the show. It moved from the initial run at the Barbican to the Palace Theatre and eventually to the Queen’s Theatre, where it still plays. When, in 2005,
BBC Radio 2 ran a poll to find “The Nation’s Number One Essential Musicals” 40% of the 400,000 votes cast were for Les Mis. No wonder, then, that people are still booking to see the show in large numbers. Some are new to the show, others are revisiting it, perhaps having seen it many years ago. Parents are sharing it with their children. Others are seeing it for the first time. It’s a favourite choice for theatre breaks for wedding anniversaries and special occasions. They all know that they will be taken on a huge emotional journey, with powerful music and drama.
What People Say About Les Mis I asked a friend who recently returned from a Les Miserables London theatre break what her experience had been like and why she’d chosen the show. She explained that: I remembered the music from my childhood as my parents had the CD. A friend and I were chatting about our childhoods and how we both remembered the music but didn’t really know the story. I got the idea to book a theatre break so that we could see what it was all about. I was amazed by how easily we got swept up in the story. Another recent audience member told me: I thoroughly and utterly recommend it, Linda! Before I went I listened to the soundtrack a bit and it really made me enjoy it even more because the music is just so amazing. She went on to say it was the best show she had ever seen: They got a standing ovation, and surely must do every time. I sobbed my heart out throughout, it was really pathetic! I loved it though, the music is just so amazing, as was everything else about it, now I want to go again! So there we are, Les Miserables’ power to move and amaze are undiminished after all these years. Not only that but the show has had some
recently which have given it yet another lease of life with no end to the record breaking run in sight.
on 29/1/08 & Categorized as
Originally uploaded by
Still running but with new giant posters outside
on 02/1/08 & Categorized as
Originally uploaded by
Thanks for reading Theatre Breaks articles about Les Miserables on the London Theatre Breaks Blog
Theatre Breaks by Coach, Rail or Self Drive
for Theatre Breaks by , , 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
做个真正的华人
下载积分:100
内容提示:们珍惜 非物质 的东西,而 精神上低等,贪枉 的西方则珍惜 物质 的东西
社会走到人类进步的前面 希望华人们会发现和发明它们 华人们负担更大一部分
文档格式:PDF|
浏览次数:1|
上传日期: 12:57:41|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
下载文档:做个真正的华人.PDF
官方公共微信a lump in the throat是什么意思_百度知道
a lump in the throat是什么意思
提问者采纳
鲠在喉双语对照词典结果.哽咽欲泣; 以上结果来自金山词霸例句; lʌi θrot]n;mp in ðə 骨鲠在喉;n ð θrəut][美][e lʌmp &#618:a lump in the throat[英][&#601. 但我总能以男人的情感所有的感到有团东西在喉咙里哽咽:1.But I do usually manage a lump in the throat and that film of moisture over the eyes that men have in their emotional armoury,眼睛湿润
其他类似问题
按默认排序
其他1条回答
&#601,眼睛湿润; 骨鲠在喉; θrən ðut][美][e lʌ 例句. 但我总能以男人的情感所有的感到有团东西在喉咙里哽咽:But I do usually manage a lump in the throat and that film of moisture overthe eyes that men have in themp ɪi θrot]n.哽咽欲泣a lump in the throat[英][ə lʌmp in &#240
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁}

我要回帖

更多关于 had是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信