dont fail me nowgo to the shops.I think all of them are c--- now

114网址导航&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
【同步推荐】学年英语北师大版必修1同步课时作业:Unit 1 Lifestyles
  Unit 1 LifestylesPeriod One Warm-up & Lesson 1 A Perfect Day?    Ⅰ.用适当的介、副词填空  1.What do you think "You've got the world ________ your feet" means?  2.Forty-three-year-old Brian Blakey ________ Birmingham is sitting ________ his sofa and telling me __________ his perfect day.  3.When I wake ________ I don't get up immediately.  4.I turn ________ the television and watch the children's programmes and old movies ________ about half-past ten.  5.Then I get ________,go downstairs and switch ______ the TV ________ the living room.  6.________ night,I watch more films and I usually switch ________ the TV ________ about two o'clock.I never watch TV all night.  7.Meetings and phone calls take ________ a large part of the day.  8.I seldom have time ________ fun and other activities ________ my family.  Ⅱ.佳句翻译与仿写  1.Here's the remote control.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:快点!汽车来了。  Be quick!  ________________________________________________________________________  2.It takes me less than fifteen minutes to wash,get changed,have breakfast,leave home and get on a bus.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:她花了三个小时修她的自行车。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  3.I am always the first person to get to the office.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:李华总是第一个来到教室,最后一个离开教室的人。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  4.When I get home at about ten,I look at some documents that I bring back from the office so that I can be ready for the next day's work.  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:我们很早出发了,以便能赶上公交车。  ________________________________________________________________________        Ⅲ.单项填空                   1.I think a shepherd's life is peaceful and________.  A.relaxing
C.relaxed
D.bored  2.I seldom have time for fun and other activities with my family.My family________about it.  A.talks
B.complains
D.says  3.Every minute of the day________urgent matters.  A.is full with
B.is filling with
C.is filled of
D.is filled with  4.I normally wake up about five minutes before my alarm clock________.  A.goes by
B.goes on
C.goes off
D.goes away  5.Meetings and phone calls________a large part of the day.  A.take down
B.take off
C.take over
D.take up  6.It takes me less than fifteen minutes to wash,get________,have breakfast,leave home and get on a bus.  A.to change
B.changing
C.changed
D.change  7.It________him a long time to fall asleep.  A.spent
D.cost  8.-The last one________pays the meal.  -Agreed!  A.arrived
B.arrives
C.to arrive
D.arriving  9.Do you ever watch________TV?  A.too much
B.much too
C.too many
D.many too  10.I get to bed around midnight________my wife and children are already asleep.  A.that
D.where  Ⅳ.阅读理解    Nowadays,Korea is influenced by American culture.If you visit Seoul (首尔),you will see a lot of fast food stores in each avenue,places such as KFC,McDonald's and Burger King.  You will also be surprised to see many western style clothes which are different from our traditional clothes such as the Han Bouk.When you go around department stores,you can see many young students waiting in line to buy famous brands such as 96 New York jeans,Guess,Polo,Guest,Channel,and Cartiers.It is hard to find clothes which represent (代表) traditional Korean culture.There are only a few stores which sell traditional clothing,and these stores are starting to disappear.  When you visit middle schools in Korea,you will also find students listening to music on their CD players,mostly rock and roll,including the pop music of singers such as Britney Spiers,Christina Aquilera,and Ricky Martin. Moreover,if you ask students to talk about Korean music traditions,they probably will not give you an answer at once.  Now,however,there are some voices which are urging us to preserve our own culture.One is an association which insists people eat traditional food such as kimchi.They make websites to show how traditional Korean foods are beneficial to health,and they advertise on TV regularly about traditional customs.  They say that Koreans are losing their identity (特性),and they are also concerned because young people  don't even know about the traditional Korean holidays.They suggest that the government prepare extra programs to teach young students about Korean traditions.Some middle schools have tried to do this,but it isn't working very effectively.  1.The passage mainly tells us ________.  A.the influence of American culture on South Korea  B.what the capital city Seoul is like  C.the popularity of fast food in South Korea  D.the social customs in South Korea  2.From the second paragraph we can see that Guess,Polo,Guest are ________.  A.fast food restaurants  B.names of famous stores  C.famous brand of clothes  D.traditional Korean clothes  3.Stores which sell traditional Korean clothes ________.  A.have already disappeared  B.are hard to find now  C.start to sell foreign clothes  D.have moved out of the main streets  4.What does the underlined word "preserve" in the
fourth paragraph mean in this passage?  A.Protect.
B.Prevent.
C.Pretend.
D.Respect.  5.What is the main purpose of the association?  A.To encourage people to eat traditional food.  B.To make people realize their duties.  C.To make sure young people live healthily.  D.To keep their own way of life and culture alive.    alarm n.惊恐/惊慌;警报器;闹钟  生义:v.使......恐慌/不安/焦虑  1.Her high temperature alarmed the doctors.  她体温很高,使医生很担心。  2.There is nothing to get alarmed.  没有什么可大惊小怪的。      答案    Ⅰ.1.at 2.from;on;about 3.up 4.on;until
5.up;on;in 6.At;off;at 7.up 8.for;with  Ⅱ.1.这是遥控器。 Here comes the bus.  2.我用不到15分钟的时间洗刷、换衣服、吃早饭、离开家,然后登上公共汽车。 It took her three hours to mend her bicycle.  3.我总是第一个到达办公室的人。 Li Hua is always the first to come and the last to leave the classroom.  4.当我晚上10点到家之后我还要浏览带回家的文件,为第二天的工作做准备。 We left early so that we could catch the bus.  Ⅲ.1.A [句意为:我认为牧羊人的生活是宁静而又放松的。relaxing令人放松的;boring令人厌烦的;relaxed 感到放松的;bored感到厌烦的。由句意知选A项。]  2.B [由前句"我很少有时间娱乐或和我的家人一起进行其他活动"可知,我的妻子和孩子们抱怨,故应选B项。]  3.D [句意为:几乎每一分钟都充斥着迫切需要处理的事情。be full of或be filled with充满。故选D项。]  4.C [句意为:我一般在闹钟响前5分钟就醒了。go by(时间)过去,消逝;go on继续;go off(铃等)响;go away离开。由句意知选C项。]  5.D [句意为:一天中大部分时间被会议、电话占据了。take down写下,记下;take off起飞,脱下;take over接管;take up占据,占用。由句意知选D项。]  6.C [考查get done结构;get changed换衣服。]  7.B [考查It takes/took sb. some time to do sth.句型。]  8.C ["the last/next/first..."后常接不定式作定语。]  9.A [too much相当于adj.,修饰不可数名词;much too相当于adv,修饰adj.或adv.;too many修饰可数名词复数。D项无此用法。由句意知选A项。]  10.B [句意为:我通常半夜才上床睡觉,那时妻子和孩子早已进入梦乡。先行词是midnight。其后跟了一个定语从句,而且midnight在从句中作状语,故用when引导。]  Ⅳ.1.A [文章中谈到韩国的年轻人"喜欢吃快餐、听流行音乐、穿牛仔服",这些都是"美国文化对韩国的影响"。故正确答案为A项。]  2.C [根据上文的"著名品牌"和下文的"很难找到代表传统韩国文化的服饰"判断,这些应该是服装的品牌。故正确答案为C项。]  3.B [根据only a few和start to disappear判断,现在在韩国找到卖传统服饰的商店很难。]  4.A [根据"坚持让人们吃传统食品"和"定期做传统文化的广告"推测,他们这样做的目的是为了保护自己的文化,所以该词的意思是"保护"。]  5.D [这个组织这样做的主要目的就是"保持自己的生活方式并使自己的文化延续下去"。]                                                            Period Two Language Points    Ⅰ.语境填词  1.Don't deal with p________ affairs at work.  2.It's useless c________ about your fate.You should try to change it.  3.If you want to change the plan,you must ask for permission from all your p________.  4.I don't like watching TV s________.They took me too much time.  5.Now let's s________ the talk to a different topic.  6.It is ________ (放松的)to listen to music.  7.Tom was ________ (烦闷的) at home,so he went out to play.  8.Different people have different ________ (生活方式).  Ⅱ.完成句子  1.I think people in cities ________________________ (过着紧张的生活方式).  2.They ________ to the boss ____________ (关于......向......抱怨) the quality of the food.  3.There is no one to tell me ______________________ (下一步该干什么).  4.The noise of the streets ________________________ (直到午夜才停止).  5.The bookshelf ________________ (占据) much room of my study.  6.We left early ________________ (以便) we could catch the first train.  7.She got up early this morning before the alarm clock ________________ (铃响).  8.To the north of the city ________________________ (有一座小岛).  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用relaxing或relaxed填空  (1)Listening to some light music is very ________.  (2)She appeared ________ and confident before the match.  (3)Jerry had a ________ evening.  2.用too much或much too填空  (1)You drank ________________ beer yesterday.  (2)I'm ________________ tired after such a long walk.  (3)She ate ________________ tonight.                    Ⅳ.单项填空  1.Your story is ________;I've never heard a better one before.  A.favorite
C.perfect
D.personal  2.Some students often listen to music ________ classes to refresh themselves.  A.between
D.during  3.I'm feeling most ________ today.I have never had ________ today.  A.bored;as boring a day as  B.boring;as a boring day as  C.bored;boring as a day as  D.boring;day as a boring as  4.After he retired from office,Rogers________painting for a while,but soon lost interest.  A.took up
B.saved up
C.kept up
D.drew up  5.Our next-door neighbour said he would________the police if we made any more noise.  A.complain about us to  B.complain to us about  C.complain us to  D.complain us about  6.According to a recent U.S. survey,children spent up to 25 hours a week________TV.  A.to watch
B.to watching
C.watching
D.watch  7.When the village was flooded,the last man ________ the house was the village head.  A.left
B.to leave
C.leaving
D.being left  8.It's too late to go out now and ________,it's starting to rain.  A.though
B.besides
C.however
D.instead  9.In front of the candy shop ________.  A.where stood a huge poster  B.appeared a huge poster  C.stood there a huge poster  D.did a huge poster appeared  10.It is urgent that food and clothing ________ to the sufferers.  A.must be sent
B.be sent
D.are sent  Ⅴ.阅读理解  In some urban centers,workaholism is so common that people do not consider it unusual:They accept the lifestyle as normal.Government workers in Washington D.C.,for example,frequently work sixty to seventy hours a week.They don't do this because they have to;they do it because they want to.  Workaholism can be a serious problem.Because true workaholics would rather work than do anything else,they probably don't know how to relax.  Is workaholism always dangerous?Perhaps not.There are,certainly,people who work well under stress.Some studies show that many workaholics have great energy and interest in life.Their work is so pleasurable that they are actually very happy.For most workaholics,work and entertainment keep them busy and creative.  Why do workaholics enjoy their jobs so much?There are several advantages to work.Of course,it provides people with paychecks,and this is important.But it offers more than financial security.It provides people with self-confidence;they have a feeling of satisfaction when they've produced a challenging piece of work and are able to say,"I made that." Psychologists claim that work gives people an identity through participation in work,they get a sense of self and individualism.In addition,most jobs provide people with a socially acceptable way to meet others.Perhaps some people are compulsive (强迫的) about their work,but their addiction seems to be a safe-even and advantageous one.  1.The passage indicates that workaholics ________.  A.just know work but nothing else  B.are willing to work hard for long hours without pay  C.find their work provide them more satisfaction and self-confidence than how much they are paid  D.have the work with more responsibility than others  2.One of the reasons that some people are not willing to quit their jobs even in their eighties and nineties is that ________.  A.they are in the need of financial security  B.they would rather work than be disturbed by domestic affairs  C.they long for a sense of identity and being accomplished  D.they may have health problems from sheer boredom (极端厌倦)  3.This passage is mainly about ________.  A.workaholics are usually successful people,but their lives are in a mess  B.workaholism can lead to serious problems but it can also create a joyful life  C.people who are absorbed in their work may enjoy movies,sports and other kinds of entertainment  D.those who work even under difficult conditions may be very happy  4.It can be inferred from the passage that ________.  A.in the eyes of all the common people workaholics are peculiar  B.to workaholics,work is the sole source of happiness  C.a piece of challenging work may provide the workaholics a sense of satisfaction  D.workaholics are as addicted to their jobs as other people are to drugs or alcohol    有些学生易把another,the other,the others或others搞混,请看下列表格并熟记:anotheranother表示没有范围的"另一个"。Would you please give me another apple?请你再给我一个苹果好吗?the otherthe other表示"两者中的另一个"。He has two sons.One is a doctor,and the other is an engineer.他有两个儿子。一个是医生,另一个是工程师。the othersthe others相当于"the other+名词复数",表示"一定范围内的另一些"。One bag is blue,but the others are all red.一个书包是蓝色的,但其他的全是红色的。othersothers=other+名词复数,表示"无范围的另一些"。Give me some others,please.请再给我一些其他的吧。答案  Ⅰ.1.personal 2.complaining 3.partners 4.series 5.switch 6.relaxing 7.bored 8.lifestyles  Ⅱ.1.live a stressful lifestyle 2.complained;of/about  3.what to do next 4.didn't stop until midnight 5.takes up 6.so that 7.went off 8.lies a small island  Ⅲ.1.(1)relaxing (2)relaxed (3)relaxing  [(1)relaxing意思是"有助于休息的,令人放松的",它修饰事物或说明事物的特征。  (2)relaxed意思是"放松的,冷静的,镇定的,自在的",它作表语时应是人作主语。]  2.(1)too much (2)much too (3)too much  [(1)too much可用作名词短语、形容词短语(修饰不可数名词),副词短语(修饰不及物动词)。  (2)much too是副词短语,修饰形容词或副词。]  Ⅳ.1.C [考查形容词词义辨析。perfect最好的,尽善尽美的;其他选项不符合句意。]  2.A [between classes课间。]  3.A [bored意为"厌烦的",表示人的状态;boring意为"令人厌烦的",表示事物的性质。含有形容词和名词的比较级结构为"as+形容词+a(n)+名词+as"。]  4.A [take up从事......(活动),尤指把......作为一种爱好。]  5.A [complain to sb. about sth./sb.向某人投诉某事/人。其顺序可以作改变,但介词不变,即"向某人投诉"用complain to sb.;"投诉某物/人"用complain about sth./sb.。]  6.C [spend time (in) doing sth.花费时间做某事。]  7.B [考查非谓语动词。句意为:当村子被洪水淹没时,最后一个离开房子的是村长。非谓语动词to leave作定语,修饰the last man。]  8.B [根据语境可知,前后分句之间为递进关系,故用besides"而且,此外"。though然而,可是;however然而;instead相反,均不符合语境。]  9.B [本句是一个完全倒装句。正常语序为"A huge poster appeared in front of the candy shop."。]  10.B [句意为:急需将食物和衣服送给灾民。It is urgent that...句式中,从句谓语形式为"(should+)动词原形",再由句意知是被动,所以选B项。]  Ⅴ.1.C [根据第四段第四句"But it (=work) offers more than financial security."及第五句"It (=work) provides people with self-confidence... a feeling of satisfaction..."可知C项正确。]  2.C [从文章第四段第五、六句知道,工作使人获得一种认同(identity),通过参与工作,人们获得一种自我意识和个人意识。]  3.B [主题是讲工作狂既有负面影响又有正面影响,因此选B项。]  4.D [首段首句指出"人们认为工作狂的生活状态是正常的"。所以只有D正确。]Period Three Lesson 2 Relaxing    Ⅰ.语境填词  1.In the snowstorm,the south of China ________ (遭受) great losses.  2.You can ask him for advice about how to raise flowers.He is an ________ (专家) at gardening.  3.I ________ (更喜欢) the red coat to the black one;black seems too dark for me.  4.The ________ (压力) of life made him look much older.  5.The price of the shoes has been ________ (降低) by 2 yuan to attract more customers.  6.If you do some exercise every day and have a balanced ________ (饮食习惯),you will keep healthy.  7.After a discussion,they knew it was not easy to ________ (组织) a basketball match on their own.  8.I think you should take activities as often as possible,for it can develop your ________ (社交的) skills.  Ⅱ.选词填空    1.Great changes ________________ in China since the 1980s.  2.People in most big cities have to ________________ traffic jams.  3.________________ person was injured in the accident.  4.There is no good movie tonight.Would you mind my ________________ to watch the basketball game on CCTV 5?  5.Students ________________ to be on duty every day.  6.Drinking water can also help you ________________.Water is wonderful.  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用reason,cause或excuse填空  (1)The ________ why she was ill was that she had eaten bad meat.  (2)The heavy rain was the ________ of the flood.  (3)I made an ________ at the first possible moment,and got up to leave.  (4)The doctor had recorded the ________ of death as heart failure.  2.用find,find out,look for或discover的适当形式填空  (1)This kind of bird is only ________________ in Asia.  (2)Have you ________________ the wallet you have been ________________?  (3)Please ________________ when the train starts.  (4)With the help of high technology,more and more new substances ________________.  (5)I ________________ the job boring.  Ⅳ.单项填空                   1.I can't stand________with Jane in the same office.She just refuses________talking while she works.  A.working;stopping
B.to work;stopping  C.working;to stop
D.to work;to stop  2.It was dark and he had to find a house________.  A.to stay
B.to stay in  C.stay in
D.staying in  3.-How did you become a teacher?  -I became a teacher under________from my parents.  A.future
B.pressure  C.risk
D.worry  4.People try to avoid public transportation delays by using their own cars,and this________creates further problems.  A.in short
B.in case  C.in doubt
D.in turn  5.________the Internet is of great help,I don't think it's a good idea to spend too much time on it.  A.If
C.Because
D.As  6.The terrible disease reduced the population________half its previous level.  A.in
D.with  7.With the rapid development of economy,most of the important cities of the world________traffic jams.  A.take place
B.bring in
C.lead to
D.suffer from  8.She is on a________to lose________weight.  A.food;her
B.food;/
C.diet;my
D.diet;/  9.On a cold day he prefers________out to play football________at home.  A.going;rather stay  B.going;to staying  C.to go;rather than staying  D.to go;rather than to stay  10.It is believed that if a book is__________,it will surely________the reader.  A.interested;interest  B.interesting;be interested  C.interested;be interesting  D.interesting;interest  Ⅴ.完形填空  Isn't it amazing how one person,sharing one idea,at the right time and place can change the course of your life's history?This is certainly what happened in my life.When I was 14,I was a high school __1__ with learning disabilities.  One day I met an old man,a bum (流浪汉).He asked me if I was running away from home,because I looked so __2__.Then he told me he had something grand to show me and __3__ with me.We walked to the downtown library.  The bum first brought a couple of old __4__ and then started with a few __5__ that were very special and that changed my life.He said,"There are two things I want to __6__ you.Number one is to never __7__ a book by its cover,for a cover can fool you."  He followed with,"I'll __8__ you think I'm a bum,don't you?"  "Yes,I __9__ so,sir."  "Well,young man,I've got a little __10__ for you.I am one of the __11__ men in the world.I have probably everything any man could ever want.But a year ago,my wife __12__,and since then I have been deeply __13__ on life.I realized there were certain things I had not yet experienced in life,one of __14__ was what it would be like to live like a bum on the streets.For the past year,I have been going from city to city doing just that.So,you see,don't ever judge a book by its cover,for a cover can fool you."  "Number two is to learn how to __15__.For there is only one thing that people can't __16__ away from you,your wisdom."He __17__ my right hand and put it upon the books he'd __18__ from the shelves,the writings of Plato and Aristotle's everlasting __19__ from ancient times.  His __20__request was for me to never forget what he taught me.  I haven't.1.A.assistant B.dropoutC.waiter D.dealer2.A.tired B.oldC.familiar D.young3.A.agree B.remainC.share D.talk4.A.books B.storiesC.novels D.drinks5.A.demands B.speechesC.lectures D.statements6.A.scold B.remindC.teach D.confuse7.A.read B.judgeC.open D.start8.A.bet B.hopeC.wish D.decide9.A.hope B.guessC.did D.wanted10.A.enjoyment B.shockC.pleasure D.surprise11.A.wealthiest B.healthiestC.happiest D.strongest12.A.died away B.went outC.passed away D.gave out13.A.looking B.insistingC.depending D.reflecting14.A.which B.thatC.where D.them15.A.read B.writeC.recite D.recognize16.A.get B.runC.take D.work17.A.shook B.checkedC.examined D.grabbed18.A.bought B.pulledC.lent D.sold19.A.artists B.classicsC.treasure D.words20.A.special B.strictC.supportive D.parting    lie-lied-lied-lying撒谎  lie-lay-lain-lying躺;在于;位于  lay-laid-laid-laying放置;下蛋  1.The book is lying on the table.  那本书在桌子上。  2.He lay on the grass enjoying the sunshine.  他躺在草地上享受阳光。  3.China lies in the east of Asia.  中国位于亚洲东部。  4.The cock lied to us that the egg lying on the table was laid by him.  这只公鸡向我们撒谎说,桌子上的那只鸡蛋是他下的。        答案    Ⅰ.1.suffered 2.expert 3.prefer 4.pressure
5.reduced 6.diet 7.organize 8.social  Ⅱ.1.have taken place 2.suffer from 3.More than one 4.switching over 5.take turns 6.lose weight  Ⅲ.1.(1)reason (2)cause (3)excuse (4)cause  [(1)reason指推理上的理由、原因,常常有主观性,与for搭配。  (2)cause指引起某种后果的起因,常是客观的,与of搭配。  (3)excuse指为了避免或减轻处罚而作的说明。即借口,编造的理由。]  2.(1)found (2)found;looking for (3)find out
(4)have been discovered (5)found  [(1)find发现,多指偶然发现、碰到,强调动作的结果,后可接名词、从句或复合结构。  (2)find out发现,弄清楚,弄明白,指通过观察、探索而发现事情的真相、实情,其后一般接名词、代词或从句。  (3)look for寻找,指寻找某人或某物的动作。  (4)discover发现,指发现客观存在的事物,或发现已存在而不为人所知的事情。]  Ⅳ.1.C [考查can't stand doing不能忍受干......;refuse to do sth.拒绝干某事。]  2.B [stay为不及物动词,在stay in a house中,不可省去介词in,故排除A项。根据句意"天黑了,他不得不找一所房子住下来。"可知选B项。]  3.B [句意为:我是迫于父母的压力才当老师的。under pressure在压力下,符合句意。]  4.D [考查介词短语辨析。in short简言之;in case以防万一,in doubt怀疑;in turn反过来,转而。根据句意选D项。]  5.B [考查连词辨析。while有"虽然,尽管"之意,根据题意可知选B项。]  6.C [reduce...to...减少到......。]  7.D [句意为:随着经济的快速发展,世界上许多重要城市遭受交通堵塞之苦。take place举行;bring in引进;lead to导致,主语不是交通堵塞的原因,故排除;suffer from遭受......之苦,符合句意。]  8.D [be on a diet节食;lose weight减肥。]  9.B [考查prefer的用法,即prefer doing sth. to doing sth.比起干......,更喜欢干......。]  10.D [interesting有趣的;interest sb.使某人感兴趣。]  Ⅴ.1.B [由"with learning disabilities"可知dropout(辍学学生)符合题意。assistant助手;waiter侍者;dealer经营者。]  2.D [他之所以问"我"是否从家里跑出来,最可能的原因是"我看起来年龄小",且上文已经提到"我"是一个学生,因此答案为D项。]  3.C [既然是"he had something grand to show me",那么应该是与我"分享"这件好东西,所以选C项,share sth.with sb.与某人分享某物。]  4.A [因为是在图书馆,因此他应该是拿了两本书,这也与下文"a book by its cover"相照应,所以选A项。]  5.D [依据语境可知,这里表示老人说的话非常特别,改变了"我"的一生。demand要求;speech演讲;lecture讲座;statement陈述,声明,从句意看选D项。]  6.C [从下文内容看,这位老人是想通过自己的经历和体验来教育"我",因此选C项,意为"讲授,教育"。]  7.B [由下文"don't ever judge a book by its cover"可知,答案为B项。]  8.A [依据语境可知,这里表示"我敢打赌,符合题意。你认为我是一个流浪汉,对不对",bet打赌,符合题意。hope希望;wish但愿;decide决定。]  9.B [联系上下文可知,此处表示同意对方的观点,I guess so我想是的,符合题意。]  10.D [从下文可知,老人是一位大富翁,而"我"认为他是一个流浪汉,所以老人认为应该是一件令"我"吃惊的事。enjoyment乐趣;shock震惊;pleasure愉快;surprise惊奇。依据语境可知选D项。]  11.A [由下文"I have probably everything any man could ever want."可推知选A项,wealthiest最富有的。]  12.C [die away 逐渐消失;go out熄灭;pass away去世;give out分发。]  13.D [但一年前,我妻子去世了,从那以后,我开始认真思考人生的意义。look on旁观;insist on坚持;depend on依赖;reflect on思考。依据句意可知选D项。]  14.A [分析句子结构可知,此处应用which引导非限制性定语从句,其先行词为things,因此答案为A项。]  15.A [通过下文老人展示给"我"的柏拉图和亚里士多德的经典名著可知,老人告诉"我"的是要好好读书,因此选A项。]  16.C [因为只有一件东西别人无法从你这里取走,那就是你的智慧。get away逃离;run away躲避;take away拿走;work通常不与away搭配。依据语境可知选C项。]  17.D [shake one's hand表示握手,多用与见面时;check核查;examine检查,不符合语境。因此答案为D项,grab my right hand意为"抓住我的右手"。]  18.B [因为是"from the shelves",所以应选B项,pull抽出,拖,拉。其他选项不符合语境。]  19.B [柏拉图和亚里士多德的作品显然是流传至今的"经典",因此选B项,意为"杰作,名著"。]  20.D ["for me to never forget what he taught me"应该是老人临别时给"我"提出的要求,因此答案为D项。special特殊的;strict严格的;supportive支持的,均不符合语境。]                                                          Period Four Lesson 3 A Volunteer Teacher  Ⅰ.语境填词  1.After ________ (毕业),he went abroad.  2.The problem needs to be ________ (解决).  3.She is the ________ (设计者) of the building.  4.To complete the task,I need your ________ (支持).  5.Too many ____________ (广告) can make people bored.  6.Chances and ________ (挑战) always go hand in hand.  7.The coldest weather here can be ________ (零下) 40℃ in winter.  8.I heard voice when I was trying to call him,"The number you are calling does not exist.Please check the number and ________ (拨) again."  Ⅱ.完成句子  1.It can be ________________________________ (冷至零下40或50度) at night.  2.Jane ________________________________ (去年大学毕业) and she's now teaching in a college.  3.His idea to have a big party ________________________________ (已经赢得朋友们的支持).  4.If there is a fire,__________________________________ (尽快拨打119).  5.How often do the Olympics __________________ (举办)?  6.We find the situation ________________________ (很难应付).  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用interview或cover的适当形式填空  (1)The reporter ________ the President about the matter.  (2)Jack was sent to ________ the Gulf War at that time.  (3)Mary will have an ________ with the chairman.  2.用check或examine的适当形式填空  (1)________ your homework before you hand it in.  (2)The doctor ________ the patient carefully.  (3)I have ________ your answers and none of them are correct.  Ⅳ.用所给词的适当形式填空  1.Is it a good idea to do ________ (volunteer) work?  2.What do her parents think of her ________ (decide)?  3.The economy of the city reduced by 20% ________ (compare) to that of last year.  4.My father's birthday ________ (fall) on next Wednesday.  5.According to the time schedule,her flight ________ (arrive) at 5 o'clock tomorrow morning.  6.The population of the world ________ (rise) very fast now.  7.If I ________________ (sleep) when he comes,wake me up,please.  8.If you ________________ (wait) a moment,I'll fetch the money.  Ⅴ.单项填空                   1.They have________in love with each other for 5 years.  A.been
D.come  2.Every few years,the coal workers________their lungs X-rayed to ensure their health.  A.are having
C.have had
D.had had  3.The university________400 students this summer.  A.graduated
B.graduated from
D.graded from  4.The church tower which________will be open to tourists soon.The work is almost finished.  A.has restored
B.has been restored  C.is restoring
D.is being restored  5.If you ask why I plan to study in the United States,the only answer is that it is a(n)________for me.  A.puzzle
B.advantage  C.challenge
D.average  6.In the spoken English of some areas in the US,the "r" sounds at the end of the words________.  A.are dropped
B.drop  C.are being dropped
D.have dropped  7.It happened-whether by accident or by________-that the two of them were left alone after all the others had gone.  A.plan
C.purpose
D.control  8.-I'm not finished with my dinner yet.  -But our friends________for us.  A.will wait
C.have waited
D.are waiting  9.I will give the letter to her________I see her.  A.a moment
B.the moment later  C.the moment
D.after a moment  10.It is reported that many a new house________at present in the disaster area.  A.are being built
B.were being built  C.was being built
D.is being built  Ⅵ.阅读理解  To most of us,school means classes,teachers,schedules,grades,and tests.But for the children at Sudbury Valley School in Massachusetts,school is very different.  Firstly,there are no lessons.All the children,aged between 4 and 19,do whatever they want.There are no teachers-only "staff members".The idea behind this is that you do not need to make children learn,because children want to learn anyway."You do not need to say to a three-year-old,'Go to explore your environment.'You can't stop them!"says Daniel Greenberg,a founder of the school."But if you make children do what you want all day,they will lose all taste for learning."  At Sudbury Valley School,you will permit children to talk,read,paint,cook,work on computers,study French,play the piano,climb trees,or just run around.Two boys spent three years just fishing!  The other way that Sudbury Valley School is different is that the children can decide the rules.Every week,there is a school meeting where both children and staff have one vote each-even the four-year-olds.They decide the school rules,how to spend the school budget,and even which staff they want and do not want anymore.  When the school first opened in 1968,people said it would never work.But today,the school has 200 students,and 80% of its students go on to college.Even the two boys who went fishing all the time have successful careers today.One of them is a musician and the other is a computer scientist.  1.What is the main topic of the article?  A.An unusual school  B.Children's hobbies  C.A school without rules  D.Education in the US  2.What does the school believe?  A.Teachers cannot teach children well.  B.Children learn best when they do what they want to do.  C.Learning is for adults-children should only play.  D.Children should only learn about one thing at a time.  3.What does Daniel Greenberg say about three-year-olds?  A.They love learning  B.They are very naughty.  C.They want to be outside all the time.  D.They are too young to learn anything.  4.Who has the most power in the school meetings?  A.The older children have more power than the younger children.  B.A child has more power than an adult.  C.The younger children have more power than the older children.  D.Everybody has equal power.  5.What happens to the children after they leave this school?  A.They do all things in different ways.  B.They have problems getting into college or getting a job.  C.Most of them have a promising future.  D.They are not successful.    What do/does sb.think of...?某人认为......怎么样?  1.What do you think of my plan?  你认为我的计划怎样?  2.What do you think of going shopping this afternoon?  今天下午去购物怎么样?      答案    Ⅰ.1.graduation 2.solved 3.designer 4.support
5.advertisements 6.challenges 7.minus
8.dial  Ⅱ.1.as cold as minus 40 or 50 degrees 2.graduated from university last year 3.has won support of his friends 4.dial 119 as soon as possible 5.take place 6.difficult to deal with  Ⅲ.1.(1)interviewed (2)cover (3)interview  [(1)interview n.& vt.采访,多用于采访人。  (2)cover vt.采访,一般用于采访事。]  2.(1)Check (2)examined (3)checked  [(1)check"检查",另含有"校对"或"找错"之意。  (2)examine"检查",另含有"察看或观察以了解情况"的意思。]  Ⅳ.1.voluntary 2.decision 3.compared 4.falls 5.arrives 6.is rising 7.am sleeping 8.will wait  Ⅴ.1.A [be in love with sb.与某人相爱,表示状态,可以延续。fall in love with表示动作,不可以与表示一段时间的状语连用。]  2.B [句意为:每隔几年,煤矿工人们都要对肺部进行X光检查,以确保身体健康。考查动词的时态。根据every few years(每隔几年)可知动作是经常性的,有规律的,所以用一般现在时。]  3.A [graduate可作及物动词,意为"使......毕业"。]  4.D [句意为:教堂的钟塔正在修复,不久就会对游客开放。修复工作差不多完成了。考查动词的时态和语态。根据语境,主语tower和动词restore之间是被动关系,A、C两项被排除;又由句意可知修复工作还未完成,而是正在进行中,所以不能使用现在完成时,要用现在进行时态。]  5.C [句意为:如果你问我为何打算在美国上学,唯一的答案就是那对我来说是一个挑战。puzzle谜;advantage优势;challenge挑战;average平均。]  6.A [句意为:在美国一些地方的口语中,单词结尾的字母r的发音通常被略掉。本题考查动词的时态和语态。通过题干可以判断出sounds和drop为被动关系,故排除B项和D项;另外,题中所提为普遍现象,应为一般现在时,故选A项。]  7.B [句意为:就是这么巧,不知是偶然还是有意安排,其他人走后,只剩下他们两个人了。by design相当于on purpose,表示"故意地,有意地"。]  8.D [句意为:--我还没有吃完饭呢。--可是朋友们在等我们。本题考查动词的时态和语态。根据语境"正在等我们"可以判断此处为现在进行时,故选D项。]  9.C [the moment一......就,在此相当于连词 as soon as,引导时间状语从句。]  10.D [句意为:据报道,目前在这个受灾地区正在建很多新房子。本题考查的是主谓一致和时态。many a意为"许多"。many a+单数名词+单数动词。根据谓语动词应该用单数,排除A、B两项。根据at present,时态应该是现在时态,所以D选项是正确的。]  Ⅵ.1.A [主旨大意题。文章主要介绍了Sudbury Valley School不同寻常的地方:学生不用上课,不用做作业,可以随心所欲干自己想干的事,可以参与学校制度的制定。这样的学校确实罕见。]  2.B [推理判断题。从第二段可知,被动学习只会让学生失去兴趣,让学生做自己想做的事他们才会学得最好。]  3.A [细节理解题。Daniel Greenberg的话是对"you do not need to make children learn,because children want to learn anyway"的进一步说明,由此可知A项切题。]  4.D [细节理解题。从倒数第二段第二句可知D项切题。]  5.C [细节理解题。从最后一段最后三句可知C项正确。]  Period Five Lesson 4 City and Country    Ⅰ.语境填词  1.Jason should go in for a________ because he has a good head for figures.  2.The avenues of the area were c________ with visitors.  3.The train started and soon disappeared in the d__________.  4.Hurry up,o________ we will be late.  5.According to the weather f________,there will be a snowstorm tomorrow.  6.The windows of the building were all broken because of the explosion ________ (附近).  7.The boy didn't come to school because of his __________ (生病).He had to go to see the doctor.  8.That's what people call the ________ (地铁) in London.  Ⅱ.选词填空    1.In the evening,I like to ________________ my children.  2.She lives in a small town which is ________________ from the big city.  3.I'm always tired before I arrive ________________.  4.The fresh air ________________ my lungs.  5.________________ that all the windows are closed before you leave.  6.Can you ________________ my baby when I'm away?  Ⅲ.同义词辨析  1.用try或manage的适当形式填空  (1)I ________ to persuade him to give up smoking,but I failed.  (2)At last,she ________ to finish the work on time.  (3)If you are tired of travelling by plane,why not ________ taking a train for a holiday?  2.用make sure或be sure的适当形式填空  (1)Could you go and ________________ that everyone is ready?  (2)I ________________ that all windows are shut.I did it.  (3)When you leave the room,________________ all the windows are shut.  Ⅳ.单项填空                     1.-You forgot your purse when you went out.  -Good heavens,________.  A.so did I
B.so I did
C.I did so
D.I so did  2.It's bad________for a man to smoke in public places where smoking is not allowed.  A.behaviour
D.movement  3.What he did is really________.Now,his parents are________him.  A.disappointing;disappointed at  B.disappointing;disappointed about  C.disappointing;disappointed with  D.disappointed;disappointing by  4.The faces of four famous American presidents on Mount Rushmore can be seen from a ________ of 60 miles.  A.length
B.distance
D.space  5.She is ________ delighted with her present job.  A.far from
C.far apart
D.by far  6.-Can I help you,sir?  -Yes,I bought this radio here yesterday,but it________.  A.didn't work
B.won't work
C.can't work
D.doesn't work  7.People like to live in the village,which is free ______ crowds and thieves.  A.for
D.by  8.The students________come to school on foot,but now they come by bus.  A.use and
B.is used to
C.are used to
D.used to  9.-Whom do you want to see at the moment?  -The man ________ Mr.Li.  A.calling
B.called himself
C.you call
D.is called  10.The Second World War________in 1939.  A.was broken
B.broke out
D.was broken out  Ⅴ.阅读理解  I travel a lot,and I find out different"styles" (风格) of directions every time I ask "How can I get to the post office?"  Foreign tourists are often confused (困惑的) in Japan because most streets there don't have names;in Japan,people use landmarks (地标) in their directions instead of street names.For example,the Japanese will say to travelers,"Go straight down to the corner.Turn left at the big hotel and go past a fruit market.The post office is across from the bus stop."  In the countryside of the American Midwest,there are not usually many landmarks.There are no mountains,so the land is very flat;in many places there are no towns or buildings within miles.Instead of landmarks,people will tell you directions and distances.In Kansas or Iowa,for example,people will say, "Go north two miles.Turn east,and then go another mile."  People in Los Angeles,California,have no idea of distance on the map;they measure distance in time,not miles."How far away is the post office?" you ask."Oh," they answer,"it's about five minutes from here." You say,"Yes,but how many miles away is it?" They don't know.  It's true that a person doesn't know the answer to your question sometimes.What happens in such a situation?A New Yorker might say,"Sorry,I have no idea."But in Yucatan,Mexico,no one answers "I don't know".  People in Yucatan believe that "I don't know" is impolite.They usually give an answer,often a wrong one.A tourist can get very,very lost in Yucatan!  1.When a tourist asks the Japanese the way to a certain place,they usually________.  A.describe the place carefully  B.show him a map of the place  C.tell him the names of the streets  D.refer to recognizable buildings and places  2.What is the place where people measure distance in time?  A.New York.
B.Los Angeles.
C.Kansas.
D.Iowa.  3.People in Yucatan may give a tourist a wrong answer________.  A.in order to save time  B.as a test  C.so as to be polite  D.for fun  4.What can we infer from the text?  A.It's important for travelers to understand cultural differences.  B.It's useful for travelers to know how to ask the way properly.  C.People have similar understandings of politeness.  D.New Yorkers are generally friendly to visitors.    the same...that...和......一样(that引导定语从句)  1.This is the same museum that you once visited.  这就是你曾经参观过的那个博物馆。  2.To my surprise,I did find the same wallet that I had lost the day before.  令我感到吃惊的是,我竟然找到了我前一天丢失的钱包。      答案     Ⅰ.1.accounting 2.crowded 3.distance 4.otherwise 5.forecast 6.nearby 7.sickness 8.underground  Ⅱ.1.play with 2.far away 3.at work 4.is good for 5.Make sure 6.look after  Ⅲ.1.(1)tried (2)managed (3)try  [(1)try to do sth.表示努力做某事或尽力做某事,成功与否不一定。try doing sth.表示尝试或试验一下做某事的方法。  (2)manage to do sth.表示设法成功做某事,相当于succeed in doing sth.。]  2.(1)make sure (2)am sure (3)make sure  [(1)make sure (that)确定;确保,可以指"让别人去确定某事"。  (2)be sure (that)确信;保证,指自己在主观上确保某事如何,接由"that"引导的从句。]  Ⅳ.1.B [so+主语+did/does/do结构,表示"某人的确如此做了"。]  2.A [behaviour行为,举止;若选C项,则该用复数。]  3.C [disappointing令人失望的;be disappointed with sb.对某人感到失望的。]  4.B [from a distance of 60 miles意为"从60英里的距离处"。distance距离,间隔,远处,远方;length长度;way方向,方式;space空间,间隔,距离。]  5.A [far from意为"远非,一点也不"。]  6.D [doesn't work用现在时表示目前的状况。]  7.C [free of意为"免受,没有"。]  8.D [used to do sth.过去常常做......,与now相对比,表示现在不再如此。]  9.C [考查动词call跟复合宾语的用法。The man后面省略了关系代词that。]  10.B [break out(战争,火灾等)爆发,为不及物动词短语。]  Ⅴ.1.D [细节理解题。根据第二段可知,日本人在给人指路时通常使用地标建筑而不是街道的名称。]  2.B [细节理解题。由第四段第一句可知。]  3.C [细节理解题。在Yucatan,人们认为别人问路说不知道是不礼貌的,因此,为了礼貌,他有可能告诉你一个错误的方向。]  4.A [推理判断题。第一段点明不同地方的人对问路的回答风格是不一样的,并举出了许多例子,因此对游客来讲了解文化的差异是很重要的。]                                                             Period Six Communication Workshop,Culture Corner,  Bulletin Board & Writing      Ⅰ.用适当的介、副词填空  1.We haven't seen each other ________ about ten years.  2.________ the moment I'm studying medicine __________ a university.  3.Today,when we think ________ Western tea culture,we often think of the English and beautiful china tea cups.  4.________ a result,people often got very hungry during the long wait ________ these two meals.  5.To solve this problem,the Duchess came ________ with the clever idea ________ inviting some friends to join her ________ an afternoon meal between four and five o'clock.  6.Normally,several different drinks such ________ tea,hot chocolate or a soft drink like orange juice will be served as ________ as coffee.  7.However,you will not normally be offered wine ________ a "coffee" party.  8.________ fact,the London Stock Exchange is believed to have started ________ these coffeehouses.  9.So start being happy today and make a difference ________ your quality of life.  10.How ________ planning a weekend bike trip?  Ⅱ.佳句翻译与仿写  1.Which two do you think are the most important?  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:你认为谁吃了蛋糕?  ________________________________________________________________________  2.In order to make this afternoon meal important,fine china cups and plates,and silver teapots,knives,forks and spoons were used.  翻译:    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:为了能通过即将到来的考试,她现在正在努力地学习。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  3.In fact,the London Stock Exchange is believed to have started from these coffeehouses.  翻译:    ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:他被认为可以提前完成任务。  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________  4.Why don't you try something different and more challenging?  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:你为什么不听从你妈妈的建议呢?  ________________________________________________________________________  5.How about planning a weekend bike trip?  翻译:  ________________________________________________________________________  仿写:周末我们去踢球如何?  ________________________________________________________________________  Ⅲ.选词填空    1.Keep still and I'll ____________________ you.  2.I am ____________________ hearing from you soon.  3.Women teachers are now ____________________ in our school.  4.This essay is good ____________________ a couple of spelling mistakes.  5.If you encourage her,she'll ____________________ soon.  6.We ____________________ the long and dull speech.  Ⅳ.单项填空                   1.-Can you show me Mr. Jaffer's office,please?  -Sure.But I don't know if he is in________.  A.for a moment
B.at any moment  C.at the moment
D.in a moment  2.My sister,as well as her classmates who________late for class,________criticized (批评) by Mr. Hunt.  A.were;was
B.was;were  C.was;was
D.were;were  3.-Did you make some coffee for her?  -No,I didn't.She________tea to coffee.  A.enjoyed
B.liked  C.preferred
D.hated  4.Jenny nearly missed the flight________doing too much shopping.  A.as a result of
B.on top of  C.in front of
D.in need of  5.It makes no________which road you take,both lead to the city,and they are equally long.  A.point
B.sense  C.matter
D.difference  6.-Could you be so kind as to close the window?  -________.  A.With pleasure
B.Go ahead  C.Yes,please
D.That's OK  7.She was so angry at all________he was doing________she walked out and closed the door behind her.  A.what;what
B.that;that  C.what;that
D.that;what  8.Would you please keep silent?The weather report ________ and I want to listen.  A.is broadcast
B.is being broadcast  C.has been broadcast
D.had been broadcast  9.-I really like the record you lent me last week.  -________.  -And thank you very much for letting me keep it so long.  A.I'm glad you like it  B.That's all right  C.Don't mention it  D.I hope you like it  10.You'd better not leave the medicine________kids can get it.  A.even if
B.which  C.where
D.so that    Ⅴ.书面表达  假如你是李明,你收到了下面这封美国笔友写来的信。请根据来信的内容写一封回信。  注意:1.在回信中对来信所提出的要求进行答复,内容请自己设想;  2.你收到来信时的心情、你父母的态度以及表示欢迎和期待的内容。  May 28,2010  Dear Li Ming,  I hope you are very well.I'm glad to tell you that my parents have agreed to let me go to your country this summer.The first city I plan to visit is Beijing,where I will stay for a week,and then I will go to your city by train to see you and your parents.As we haven't met before,I'm afraid there will be some difficulty in meeting each other,and I'm also afraid that it will not be easy for me to find your house.So please tell me how to get in touch with you while I stay in Beijing and how to meet or find you when I arrive in your city.  Please give my regards to your parents.  Best wishes!  Yours,  Jack  ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________    ________________________________________________________________________      他想出了一个好主意。  1.He came up with a good idea.  2.A good idea occurred to him.  3.A good idea came to his mind.  4.A good idea hit/struck him.  5.He thought of a good idea.    答案  Ⅰ.1.for 2.At;at 3.of 4.As;between 5.up;of;for 6.as;well 7.at 8.In;from 9.to
10.about  Ⅱ.1.你认为哪两个是最重要的? Who do you think ate the cakes?  2.为了使午后的这顿饭显得重要,精美的陶瓷茶杯、茶盘、银茶壶、餐刀、餐叉以及汤匙都派上了用场。  In order to pass the coming exam,she is working hard now.  3.事实上,伦敦的股票交易被认为是从这些咖啡屋开始的。He is believed to finish the work ahead of time.  4.为什么不尝试一下不同的更具挑战性的事呢? Why don't you follow your mother's advice?  5.周末计划去骑车旅行如何? How about (us) going to play football this weekend?  Ⅲ.1.take photos of 2.looking forward to 3.playing an important part 4.apart from 5.cheer up  6.are bored with  Ⅳ.1.C [考查短语辨析。at the moment此刻,目前,符合句意。for a moment片刻,一会儿;at any moment随时;in a moment片刻之后。]  2.A [第一空是定语从句的谓语,要与先行词classmates在人称和数上保持一致;第二空是主句的谓语,要与my sister在人称和数上保持一致。]  3.C [prefer sth. to sth. else比起......更喜欢......。]  4.A [句意为:由于购物时间过长,Jenny差点儿错过航班。as a result of由于;on top of在......上面;in front of在......前面;in need of需要。]  5.D [make no difference无差别,无影响。]  6.A [考查情景交际。With pleasure.很乐意;Go ahead.去吧,干吧;Yes,please.是的,请;That's OK.可以。只有A符合句意。]  7.B [第一空前的all为先行词,后为定语从句,用that引导;第二空为so...that结构。]  8.B [句意为:请你保持安静好吗?正在广播天气预报,我想听听。broadcast与主语the weather report构成逻辑上的动宾关系,且该动作正在进行,所以要用现在进行时的被动语态形式。]  9.A ["I'm glad you like it."用于对方夸赞你的礼物或你借出的东西时的回答。]  10.C [句意为:你最好不要把药放在孩子们能够到的地方。where在句中引导地点状语从句,且在从句中作地点状语。]  Ⅴ.参考范文  Dear Jack,  I'm so happy to learn that you will come to my country and to my home.Let me express my warmest welcome to you.My parents insist that I should write back to you as soon as possible to invite you to our home.  You don't have to worry about our meeting each other in my city.Let me tell you what to do.When you have got the train ticket for my city in Beijing,please telephone me.My phone number is 021-8847543.I will go to the station to meet you.When you get out of the station,you will see me holding up a little board,on which is written "Welcome,Jack!" We will surely meet there.  I look forward to seeing you soon.  With kind regards to your parents.  Yours,  Li Ming                                                              }

我要回帖

更多关于 dont fail me now 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信