jack didn t是什么意思't come to...

请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
  Sailors used to speak of a “Jack”when they meant a flag which was set near the bow of a sailing ship. The flag showed the country to which the ship belonged. The Union Jack became the flag of Great Britain. Australia's flag has the Union Jack in the top left hand corner together with the stars of the Southern Cross. They have kept this small part of Britain on their flag because their country was first settled by people from Britain.
  Australia's flag is the same color as the Union
Jack--red, white and blue. The act of joining together is called a“
Union”. The Union Jack was the name of the flag made when
England, Scotland and Ireland joined together to make one country.
  It all began in 1707 when England and Scotland joined together to become one nation. A flag was made using two crosses--one for the patron saint of each country. The word
“patron”
means protector. Many centuries before the English had taken St George as their patron
saint, his emblem (标志 ) was a red cross on a white background. The Scottish patron saint was St Andrew. In memory of
him, they used a white cross on a blue background. This cross was shaped like the letter “X”. The new flag was a mixture of both flags with two sets of crosses. When Ireland joined England and Scotland in 1800,another cross was added. St Patrich's cross of Ireland was red and also shaped like an
“X”. All three flags now made up the Union Jack.
(1)The Union Jack is
a kind of ________ and contains
A. three crosses
B. four crosses
C. two crosses
D. three crosses
(2)How many crosses were there in the flag before Ireland joined England and Scotland?
A. One.B. Two.
C. Three.D. None.
(3)Why does Australia have the Union Jack in its flag?
A. Because Australians respect the English.
B. Because the Union Jack is colorful.
C. Because people from Britain settled in Australia first.
D. Because people from Britain brought the Union Jack to Australia.
(4)Which of the following is not true?
A. The emblem (象征) of the English was a red cross on a white background.
B. The Scottish used a white cross on a blue background in memory of St Andrew.
C. Australia's flag is the same color as the Union Jack.
D. The Irish used a red cross on a blue background in memory of St George.
(5)The colors of the flag of Great Britain now are ________.
A. red, black and blue
B. white, yellow and blue
C. red, white and black
D. red, white and blue
Jack said Betty had always been interested in geography, ____ ?
&&& A. hadn’t Betty&&&&&&&&& B. hadn’t she&&&&&&&& C. didn’t Jack&&&&&&&&& D. didn’t he
题型:阅读理解
Once an Englishman named Jack Brown went to Russia for a holiday. He stayed there for several months and then came home again. Some of his friends visited him a few days after he got back. “I had a very dangerous trip while I was in Russia.” Jack said to them. “I wanted to see a friend of mine in the country and the bad weather made me very late. So I was still travelling through a forest in sleigh&雪橇&when the sun went down. It was a long way from my friend’s house when about 20 wolves began to follow my sleigh. It was very dark in the forest. There was thick snow on the ground. It was cold, and there were no houses for miles and miles. First I heard the wolves, and the noise was terrible! The horses heard them, too. They were frightened and began running faster. Then I saw long, grey forms among the trees, and soon the wolves were near us. They were running very fast, and they didn’t seem to get tired like the horses.” “What did you do?” one of his friends asked. “When the wolves got very near,” Jack answered, “I put up my gun and shot the first wolf. The sleigh was moving about, but I hit the animal and killed it. Then all the other wolves stopped and ate it, so our sleigh got away from them for a few minutes.” “Then they finished their meal, and I heard them coming again. The moon was shining brightly on the snow, and after a few minutes I saw them among the trees once more. They came nearer again, and then I shot another of them, and the others stopped once more to eat it.” “The same thing happened again and again, and my horses became more and more tired and ran slower and slower until, after about two hours, only one wolf was still alive and following us.”
“Wasn’t it too fat to run?” one of his friends asked.
Jack told his friends what happened to him when he was______________.
A. in England one winter evening&&& B. in Russia one winter evening
C. in America one winter morning&&& D. in Russia one winter morning.
In the sentence “They finished their meal.” “meal” here means ___________.
A. the food Jack had brought with him&&&&&&& B. the meal prepared by Jack’s friends.&
C. the wolf which had been killed by Jack&&&&& D. the dead animals on the way
According to what Jack said, the last wolf ______________.
A. had eaten up all the other wolves
B. ran much faster than the other wolves
C. was the strongest of all&&&& D. was very fat and didn’t run fast.
From what Jack’s friend said we know that _____________________.
A. all the wolves had been shot by Jack.
B. the last wolf was too fat to run
C. Jack was telling the truth
D. the friends did not believe what Jack had said.
来源:学年江西省南昌二中高一第二次月考英语试卷(带解析)
Bright, Spacious RoomSpacious, single furnished room in owner- occupied home is available now, for one and a half years. Ground floor flat. Five-minute walk to the town center and local bus services. Well-equipped shared kitchen, including washing machine. Shared shower& toilet. Large rooms, with high ceilings, a warm and pleasant home. Responsible for own food & cooking, washing, telephone, insurance, etc. No smoking or pets. Not suitable for children. WiFi (无线网络)available locally.Call Jenna on
if you are interested.One Bedroom Newly Refurbished (整修) Flat in BurnageA fantastic one-bedroom flat in the heart of Burnage is available for however long you want. The property has just been refurbished to a high standard. Situated above the pharmacy (药房)on Burnage Lane the property boasts a kitchen, large lounge, separate shower and toilet, and bedroom with in- built wardrobes. A must-see!Call Daniel on
at the weekend.Two Bedrooms Left in Four-bed House ShareA great four- bedroom property in the heart of Fallowfield. Two Bedrooms left in a mixed student house. The property has a dining area, toilet, lounge and one bedroom on the ground floor, followed by three bedrooms on the first floor with an extra toilet. Very close to the main bus stop & local amenities (设施): supermarket, Lloyds pharmacy and local launderette. Two minutes’ walking distance to the centre of Fallowfield. The property is available from the 1st of July 2012 to 30th June 2013. Half rent for July/ Aug. We ar so there are no agency fees!Jack welcomes you to call. Phone:.Board and Lodgings Close to Boston, LincolnshireWe have a double room available on a board and lodgings basis from 1st of June, 2012 to 1st of May, 2013. Within a comfortable, peaceful farmhouse, set in lovely gardens and beautiful countryside. Share a bathroom with one other person only. Room has own TV with Freeview and access to wireless broadband,. Use of the garden and rest of the house. On the bus route to Boston and Horncastle. Free car parking space. All meals, bills, etc. included. Can cater for a variety of special dietary(饭食的)needs if required, Please call Alice at the weekend or after 7p.m. On workdays. Phone:.【小题1】&&&&&&&&&&Which of the following is TRUE about the first advertisement?A.It is suitable for a family with a baby.B.It is a pleasant home though it is a little small.C.It is convenient to get to the town center.D.Access to the Internet is not convenient.【小题2】&&&&&&&&&&Who should you contact if you want to rent long term?A.Jenna.B.Daniel.C.Jack.D.Alice.【小题3】&&&&&&&&&&What does Jack provide, according to the advertisement?A.Half rent all year around.B.Rooms on the third floor.C.Two student bedrooms.D.One year or more rental period.【小题4】&&&&&&&&&&If someone needs a free parking space in particular, he should call__________.A.B.C.D.【小题5】&&&&&&&&&&What kind of person would prefer to rent Alice’s house?A.Someone who likes living alone.B.Someone who wants to cook for himself.C.Someone who likes to live in a house in a busy street.D.Someone who wants to live in a quiet and beautiful area.
来源:年度新疆乌鲁木齐市高二第一学期期末英语卷
Once
an Englishman named Jack Brown went to Russia for a holiday. He stayed there
for several months and then came home again. Some of his friends visited him a
few days after he got back. “I had a very dangerous trip while I was in
Russia.” Jack said to them. “I wanted to see a friend of mine in the country and the bad weather
made me very late. So I was still travelling through a forest in sleigh&雪橇&when the sun went down. It was a long way from my friend’s house when about 20 wolves began to follow my sleigh. It was very
dark in the forest. There was thick snow on the ground. It was cold, and there
were no houses for miles and miles. First I heard the wolves, and the noise was
terrible! The horses heard them, too. They were frightened and began running
faster. Then I saw long, grey forms among the trees, and soon the wolves were
near us. They were running very fast, and they didn’t seem to get tired like
the horses.” “What did you do?” one of his friends asked. “When the wolves got
very near,” Jack answered, “I put up my gun and shot the first wolf. The sleigh
was moving about, but I hit the animal and killed it. Then all the other wolves
stopped and ate it, so our sleigh got away from them for a few minutes.” “Then
they finished their meal, and I heard them coming again. The moon was shining
brightly on the snow, and after a few minutes I saw them among the trees once
more. They came nearer again, and then I shot another of them, and the others
stopped once more to eat it.” “The same thing happened again and again, and my
horses became more and more tired and ran slower and slower until, after about
two hours, only one wolf was still alive and following us.”
“Wasn’t it too fat to run?”
one of his friends asked.
1.Jack told his friends what happened to him when he
was______________.
A. in England one winter
evening&&& B. in Russia one winter evening
C. in America one winter
morning&&& D. in Russia one winter morning.
2. In the sentence “They finished their meal.” “meal” here means
___________.
A. the food Jack had brought with
him&&&&&&& B. the meal prepared by Jack’s
friends.&
C. the wolf which had been killed
by Jack&&&&& D. the dead animals on the way
3. According to what Jack said, the last wolf ______________.
A. had eaten up all the other
wolves
B. ran much faster than the other
wolves
C. was the strongest of
all&&&& D. was very fat and didn’t run fast.
4.From what Jack’s friend said we know that
_____________________.
A. all the wolves had been shot
by Jack.
B. the last wolf was too fat to
run
C. Jack was telling the truth
D. the friends did not believe what Jack had
said.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!英语中级口译资格证书第一阶段考
SECTION 1: LISTENING TEST (40 minutes)
Part A: Spot Dictation
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear a passage and read the same passage with banks in it. Fill in each of the blanks with the word or words you have heard on the tape. Write your answer inthecorresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET. Remember you will hear the passage ONLY ONCE.
&&&& Good afternoon, I'd like to thank professor Leach for giving me the chance to talk to you students. My topic today is &Attitudes, Values and Tastes&.An attitude, or the way we feel about something,&&can&&take different& forms.&&On&&the one hand,&there&are attitudes&that are simply_______(1). There may change from year to year, month to month and even, day to day. On the other hand, there are attitudes that& can be firmly& fixed ____________(2) that rarely, if ever, change.
&&&&& Included in the first___________ (3) are statements like&&Sally has beautiful eyes&, or&&I hate& icecream&.&&Attitudes&&like these&may simply& ____________(4) a person,&al taste&or preference&&that& does not&always affect&other&people. Nobody&will get& particularly ___________(5), for example, if you have a preference for tea ____________(6) coffee.
&&&&& The second type of attitude could _________(7) such statements as &Smoking should be banned in_________(8)&, and&&War is a terrible thing&. With attitudes like these, however, we are& expressing& an& opinion& that& we& ____________(9)& about.& Opinions& such& as& these& are& very much&a part& of&____________(10) since& they&& express&& the& way&&& we&& feel& about& certain __________(11) and events.
&&&&& If someone is a smoker, for example, it can become very difficult to ___________(12) that person if they smoke ____________(13) in our company. Preference and tastes refer to specific ______(14) , where values are general and include __________(15). There is big difference, for example, between these two ___________(16): &Your boss is very rude&and&&&I could never&&work under a boss&. In the first statement, the speaker is____________ (17) an opinion based on one person, the boss. The idea is that other bosses are not _____________(18). In the second one, though, the&speaker& indicates a _____________(19)& about& work& in& general: he could not work for anyone, ______________(20) they were.
Part B: Listening Comprehension
&Ⅰ. Statements
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several short statements. These statements will be& spoken& only& once.& and& you& will& not& find& them& written& on& the&& so& you& must& listen carefully. When you hear a statement, read the answer choices and decide which one is closest in&&meaning to the statement you have heard. Then write the letter of the answer you have chosen in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.
1.A. Jack left home without an umbrella.
&& B. Jack didn't hear the rain.
&& C. Jack's umbrella didn't work.
&& D. Jack had the day off due to the weather.
2. A. They didn't pay attention to the consulant's opinion.&
&&& B. They called in the consultant for her advice.
&&& C. They always do what their consultant tells them.
&& &D. They listened to the concert over the radio.
3. A. The manufacturer wishes it could find a good advertising agent.
&& &B. The manufacturer hopes to increase its sales through advertising.
&& &C. The advertising campaign includes many sporting events.
&& &D. The advertising campaign isjoined by well-known individuals.
4. A. Did Cathy put a new report in here?
&&& B. Is the yearly report in here, or is it someplace else?
& & C. Which picture do you like, the new one or the old one?
&& &D. Is it ture that Cathy only remembered to lock one of the drawers?
5. A. A lawyer should sign the memo.
&&& B. We should get legal advice.
&&& C. We have seen a lawyer.
&&& D. Let's wait for a lucky sign.
6. A. The company was unable to order spare parts.
&&& B. The company was short of cash for delivery.
&&& C. The parts could be considered genuine.
&&& D. The parts could be sent in late January.
7. A. The completion of the project was long.
& & B. The project was none other than a stupid one.
&& &C. We finished the project rather quickly.
&&& D. We didn't sign the contract in time.
8. A. I can't make any food for the party.
&&& B. I'm afraid to accept your party invitations.
& & C. We won't be able to hold the party this evening.
&& &D. We can't come to the party this evening.
9. A. Not many people enjoy that kind of design.
&& &B. It took a while for that design to become pupular.
&& &C. The public's first reaction to that design was positive.
&&& D. You'd never catch me wearing that kind of design.
10.A. The consultant is publishing an excellent report on geology.
&& & B. They consultant left after he turned in his research and investigation report.&
&& & C. The consultant studied some excellent rock samples in his report.
&&& &D. The consultant did very thorough research and investigation for his report.
&Ⅱ. Talks and Conversations
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear several short talks and conversations. After each of and questions only once. When you hear a question, read the four answer chioces and choose the best& answer& to that& question. Then& write the& letter& of the& answer& you& have& chosen& in& the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.
Questions 11~14
11.A. Hobbies that cost him little money.
&&&& B. Hobbies that give him fresh air and excitement.
&&&& C. An old hobby and a new hobby.
&&&& D. An indoor hobby and an outdoor hobby.
12.A. When she was still at school.&&&&&&&&&& B. After she got married.
&&&& C. When she had her first baby.&&&&&&&&&& D. After she attended a special course.
13.A. she was taught by an authority on bobbies.
&&&& B. She attended special courses at school.&
&&&&&C. She attended special courses at school.
&&&& D. She learned it from her husband.
14.A. Motor-racing.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Radio-making.
&&&& C. Making decorations.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Collecting coins.
Questions 15~18
15.A. Ways of tracking wild animals.&&&&&&&&& B. Animals in the wild.
&&&& C. Radio receivers and satellites.&&&&&&&&&&& D. Animal hunting.
16.A. They hired native hunters or local people.
&& & B. They followed the animal's footprints.&
&&&& C. They cornered animals into a special enclosure.
&& & D. They used radio transmitters.
17.A. By receiving signals via satellites.
&&&& B. By taking photos from satellites.&
&&&&&C. By studying animals in the zoo.
&&&& D. By attaching a specail collar to the wild animal.
18.A. Geology&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Chemistry
&&& &C. Biology&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Astronomy
Questions 19~22
19.A. It means that you continue studying for as many years as you can.
&&&& B. It means that you go back to school after you've finished formal education.
&&& &C. It means that you go back to the high school to continue your study.&
&&&& D. It means that you have continued studying for twelve years in high school.
20. A. He could use it in his work.
&&& & B. He will continue to learn it after finishing high school.
&& & &C. He had learnt a lot from high school.
&& & &D. He hadn't gotten much out of going to school.
21. A. Because he had often been beaten up by other students.
&&& & B. Because the school make him wear the school uniform.
&& && C. Because the school make him wear the school uniform.
&&& & D. Because the school tried to regulate his life there.
22. A. A prisoner&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & B. A tailor
&&& &C. A construction worker.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. A high school administrator.
Questions 23~26
23. A. About a hundred villagers were killed during an earthquake.
&&&& &B. A main road was rebuilt after the earthquake.
&&& & C. There was an earthquake, but little damage occurred.
&&& & D. A rock had fallen from the sky, but no one was injured.
24. A. Near a volcano.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Beside a mountain.
&&&& &C. Not far from a main road.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. In the Rockies.
25. A. They decided to try again the following day.
&&&&& B. They sought advice from an old man.
&&&&& C. They asked for help from nearby villages.
&&&& &D. They planned to change the course of the road.
26. A. He buried it in the main road.&&&&&&&& &B. He called in more men to remove it.
&&& & C. he did magic to it at night.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. He pushed it off the main road.
Questions 27~30
27. A. She's going to Canada.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. She's leaving the factory.
& &&& C. She's going to get married.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. She's going to study engineering.
28. A. Because he is a Canadian.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Because he is a young engineer.
&&&&& C. Because he becomes homesick&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Because he wants to earn more.
29. A. $200&&&&&&&&&&& B. $220&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. $400&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. $420
30. A. In her hometown.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. In the man's factory.
&& && C. In Canada.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. In a department store.
Part C: Listening and Translation
&Ⅰ. Sentence Translation
Directions: In this part of the test, you will hear 5 English sentences. You will hear the sentences only once. After you have heard each sentence, translate it into Chinese and write your version in the corresponding space in your ANSWER BOOKLET.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(1)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(2)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(3)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(4)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(5)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Ⅱ. Passage Translation
Directions: In this part& of the test, you will hear& 2 passages. You will hear& the passages only once. After you have heard each passage, translate it into Chinese and write your version in the corresponding space in you ANSWER BOOKLET. You may take notes while you are listening.
(1)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
(2)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&
关键词: &&&&&&nbsp &&
(责编:沪江英语)&&&}

我要回帖

更多关于 t039.417.16.037.00 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信