Old people are awesomelwa...

Manners nowadays in metropolitan cities like London are practically non-existent. It is nothing for a big, strong schoolboy to push an elderly woman aside to take the last remaining seat on the underway or bus.This question of giving up seats in public transport is much argued about by young men, who say that since women have claimed equality, they no longer deserve to be treated with politeness and that those who go out to work should take their turns in the rat race like anyone else. But women have never claimed to be physically strong as men. Even if it is not agreed, however, the fact remains that courtesy(礼节) should be shown to the old and the sick. Are we really so lost to all ideals of unselfishness that we can sit there indifferently(冷漠地) reading the paper or a book, saying to ourselves, “First come, first served” while a grey-haired woman, a mother with a young child or a cripple(残障者) stands? Yet this is all too often seen.Older people, tired and impatient from a day’s work, are not always considerate either--far from it. Many arguments break out as the older people push and squeeze(挤) each other to get on buses. One cannot approve this, of course, but one does feel there is just a little more excuse.It seems urgent, not only that communications in transport should be improved, but also that communication between human beings should be kept smooth and polite. All over cities, it seems that people are too tired and too rushed to be polite. Shop assistants won’ taxi drivers shout at each other as they dash danger bus conductors pull the bell before their desperate passengers have time to get on or off the bus, and so on. It seems to us that it is up to the young to do their small part to stop such lowering of moral standards.Title: Manners in Metropolitan CitiesTheme- \7 a0 H. ?$ f- E/ M, T5 _Politeness is【小题1】
, especially in large cities.0 V4 E( Q9 G( S% iPhenomenaandExcuses! b, @' G: Z4 V4 Y9 _Phenomena3 E5 M9 [) U1 ]* KExcuses* j1 e/ D/ b6 @9 A# XBig, strong schoolboys push elderly women aside to 【小题2】
on the last remaining seats., M/ i- ?# O# _6 H: V0 Z 0 ?9 Z/ I0 D$ SYoung men【小题3】
to treat women politely.3 D6 c4 C$ M- \( A' T
g" X# cWomen think they are【小题4】
to men, so they should take their turns in the rat race like others.% h. h. _) S9 `$ M9 X( S
GYoung people sit indifferently【小题5】
while grey-haired women, mothers with 【小题6】
and disabled people stand by.* E5 W5 Q! R: I* [First come, first served.! K( e/ b" b, F, ]; I3 QThe elderly themselves push each other to get on buses.# Y8 Q% Z8 b1 [% a 5 [& @% `% @+ a【小题7】5 O; R3 U$ @0 g" G2 N/ H●Communications in transport are not satisfactory.●Communication between people doesn’t go 【小题8】
and politely.●People are too 【小题9】
and too rushed to care about others.5 V+ H( c- X* X4 bSolution4 j1 O* X3 T# Y& f+ U. G7 ]Young people make an 【小题10】
to stop such lowering of moral standards.- S" F! L4 W' ]% e4 b' i( L# M - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:Manners nowadays in metropolitan cities like London are practically non-existent. It is nothing for a big, strong schoolboy to push an elderly woman aside to take the last remaining seat on the underway or bus.This question of giving up seats in public transport is much argued about by young men, who say that since women have claimed equality, they no longer deserve to be treated with politeness and that those who go out to work should take their turns in the rat race like anyone else. But women have never claimed to be physically strong as men. Even if it is not agreed, however, the fact remains that courtesy(礼节) should be shown to the old and the sick. Are we really so lost to all ideals of unselfishness that we can sit there indifferently(冷漠地) reading the paper or a book, saying to ourselves, “First come, first served” while a grey-haired woman, a mother with a young child or a cripple(残障者) stands? Yet this is all too often seen.Older people, tired and impatient from a day’s work, are not always considerate either--far from it. Many arguments break out as the older people push and squeeze(挤) each other to get on buses. One cannot approve this, of course, but one does feel there is just a little more excuse.It seems urgent, not only that communications in transport should be improved, but also that communication between human beings should be kept smooth and polite. All over cities, it seems that people are too tired and too rushed to be polite. Shop assistants won’ taxi drivers shout at each other as they dash danger bus conductors pull the bell before their desperate passengers have time to get on or off the bus, and so on. It seems to us that it is up to the young to do their small part to stop such lowering of moral standards.Title: Manners in Metropolitan CitiesTheme- \7 a0 H. ?$ f- E/ M, T5 _Politeness is【小题1】
, especially in large cities.0 V4 E( Q9 G( S% iPhenomenaandExcuses! b, @' G: Z4 V4 Y9 _Phenomena3 E5 M9 [) U1 ]* KExcuses* j1 e/ D/ b6 @9 A# XBig, strong schoolboys push elderly women aside to 【小题2】
on the last remaining seats., M/ i- ?# O# _6 H: V0 Z 0 ?9 Z/ I0 D$ SYoung men【小题3】
to men, so they should take their turns in the rat race like others.% h. h. _) S9 `$ M9 X( S
and disabled people stand by.* E5 W5 Q! R: I* [First come, first served.! K( e/ b" b, F, ]; I3 QThe elderly themselves push each other to get on buses.# Y8 Q% Z8 b1 [% a 5 [& @% `% @+ a【小题7】5 O; R3 U$ @0 g" G2 N/ H●Communications in transport are not satisfactory.●Communication between people doesn’t go 【小题8】
and too rushed to care about others.5 V+ H( c- X* X4 bSolution4 j1 O* X3 T# Y& f+ U. G7 ]Young people make an 【小题10】
to stop such lowering of moral standards.- S" F! L4 W' ]% e4 b' i( L# MManners nowadays in metropolitan cities like London are practically non-existent. It is nothing for a big, strong schoolboy to push an elderly woman aside to take the last remaining seat on the underway or bus.This question of giving up seats in public transport is much argued about by young men, who say that since women have claimed equality, they no longer deserve to be treated with politeness and that those who go out to work should take their turns in the rat race like anyone else. But women have never claimed to be physically strong as men. Even if it is not agreed, however, the fact remains that courtesy(礼节) should be shown to the old and the sick. Are we really so lost to all ideals of unselfishness that we can sit there indifferently(冷漠地) reading the paper or a book, saying to ourselves, “First come, first served” while a grey-haired woman, a mother with a young child or a cripple(残障者) stands? Yet this is all too often seen.Older people, tired and impatient from a day’s work, are not always considerate either--far from it. Many arguments break out as the older people push and squeeze(挤) each other to get on buses. One cannot approve this, of course, but one does feel there is just a little more excuse.It seems urgent, not only that communications in transport should be improved, but also that communication between human beings should be kept smooth and polite. All over cities, it seems that people are too tired and too rushed to be polite. Shop assistants won’ taxi drivers shout at each other as they dash danger bus conductors pull the bell before their desperate passengers have time to get on or off the bus, and so on. It seems to us that it is up to the young to do their small part to stop such lowering of moral standards.Title: Manners in Metropolitan CitiesTheme- \7 a0 H. ?$ f- E/ M, T5 _Politeness is【小题1】
to stop such lowering of moral standards.- S" F! L4 W' ]% e4 b' i( L# M科目:难易度:最佳答案【小题1】disappearing/non-existent/missing/lacking/lost【小题2】sit/rest【小题3】refuse/hate/dislike【小题4】equal【小题5】reading【小题6】children/babies【小题7】Causes/Analysis【小题8】smoothly【小题9】tired【小题10】effort解析试题分析:题目主要考查学生从文中提取有效信息的能力,还要注意转换单词的词性。平时应该注意积累短语和固定搭配。【小题1】根据第一段第一句“Manners nowadays in metropolitan cities like London are practically non-existent.”可知,在伦敦这样的大都市,礼仪已经不复存在,non-existent不存在的,故填disappearing/ non-existent/missing/lacking/lost。【小题2】根据第一段“a big, strong schoolboy to push an elderly woman aside to take the last remaining seat”可知,学生把老人挤到一边是为了抢剩下的最后一个座位,文中用的短语take the last remaining seat,这里需要使用动词,sit on the last remaining seat坐到最后的座位上,故填sit/rest。【小题3】根据第二段第二行“since women have claimed equality, they no longer deserve to be treated with politeness”可知,年轻人认为女性争取平等的权利,因此她们不再值得以礼相待,说明年轻人拒绝或不同意礼貌对待女性,故填refuse/hate/dislike。【小题4】根据第二段“since women have claimed equality”可知,女性要求获得与男性平等的地位,这里需要用形容词作表语,故填equal。【小题5】根据第二段第六行“we can sit there indifferently(冷漠地) reading the paper or a book”可知,人们冷漠地坐在座位上看书或看报纸,故填reading。【小题6】根据第二段最后“a mother with a young child”可知,这里指带小孩的母亲,文中用的单数,这里需要填child的复数形式,故填children/babies。【小题7】根据“Theme...Phenomena and Excuses...Solution”可知,文章分为主题、现象、原因和结论四个部分,故填Causes/Analysis。【小题8】根据第四段第二行“communication between human beings should be kept smooth and polite.”可知,人与人之间的交流并不顺畅,这里修饰动词go,用副词,故填smoothly。【小题9】根据第四段第三行“people are too tired and too rushed to be polite”可知,人们因为疲惫或匆忙而无法顾及他人,故填tired。【小题10】根据最后一句“it is up to the young to do their small part to stop such lowering of moral standards”可知,年轻人应该做好分内之事,停止拉低道德标准的行为,part在此意为“作用,本分”,do one’s part做好分内之事,make an effort to do sth努力做某事,故填effort。考点:考查提取有效信息;词性转换知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信