so many thingslies, liste...

Pingback: ()
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.HowManyLiesDotheChildrenTellYou?Motherswhofeeltheirchildrendon'tappreciatethemcanaddanothergrievance题文How Many Lies Do the Children Tell You? Mothers who feel their children don' t appreciate them can add another grievance to the list: half the time, their children are lying to them.A study designed to expose the truth about lying shows that undergraduates lie to their mothers in 46% of their conversations.Still, mums should feel better than total strangers, who are told lies an astonishing 77 % of the time. Bella Depaulo and a team of psychologists from the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, asked 77 undergraduates to keep a record of all their conversations for a week, and write down whether they lied at any time.DePaulo named lying broadly, as "when you intentionally try to mislead someone", so she would catch the smallest of lies. The students told an average of two lies a day.They said they had been studying when they had been out drinking.One told his parents that a textbook cost $50 rather than $20 so that they would send him extra money.Female students constantly told their plain-looking roommates that they were pretty."They are everyday lies," says DePaulo. DePaulo and her colleagues conclude that people tend to tell fewer lies to those they feel closest to.College students lied to their best friends 28% of the time but lied to acquaintances 48% of the time.In close relationships, people were more likely to tell "kind-hearted" lies, designed to protect feelings, rather than self-serving lies. Romantic (浪漫的) partners Ml somewhere between close friends and acquaintances.Students lied to romantic partners about a third of the time.DePaulo thinks that unmarried lovers can expect less honesty than best friends because of the insecurity that comes with romance. Mothers can take heart from one other finding.They may have been lied to, but at least their children talked to them.The students were recorded telling few lies to their fathers because they had little interaction with them.45.What is the meaning of the underlined word "grievance" in Paragraph 1? A.Opinion. B.Complaint.
C.Belief.? D.Difficulty.46.According to the passage, college students felt closest to ______ . A.mothers B.best friends? C.acquaintances? D.romantic partners47.Female students lied to their roommates to . A.get money from them
B.offer them the services C.gain more security
D.make them happy48.What is the purpose of this article? A.To present a fact.
B.To argue an idea. C.To tell a story.
D.To explain a theoryHowManyLiesDotheChildrenTellYou?Motherswhofeeltheirchildrendon'tappreciatethemcanaddanothergrievancetothelist:halfthetime,theirchildrenarelyingtothem.Astudydesignedtoexposethetruthaboutlyingshowsthatundergraduateslietotheirmothersin46%oftheirconversations.Still,mumsshouldfeelbetterthantotalstrangers,whoaretoldliesanastonishing77%ofthetime.BellaDepauloandateamofpsychologistsfromtheUniversityofVirginia,Charlottesville,asked77undergraduatestokeeparecordofalltheirconversationsforaweek,andwritedownwhethertheyliedatanytime.DePaulonamedlyingbroadly,as"whenyouintentionallytrytomisleadsomeone",soshewouldcatchthesmallestoflies.Thestudentstoldanaverageoftwoliesaday.Theysaidtheyhadbeenstudyingwhentheyhadbeenoutdrinking.Onetoldhisparentsthatatextbookcost$50ratherthan$20sothattheywouldsendhimextramoney.Femalestudentsconstantlytoldtheirplain-lookingroommatesthattheywerepretty."Theyareeverydaylies,"saysDePaulo.DePauloandhercolleaguesconcludethatpeopletendtotellfewerliestothosetheyfeelclosestto.Collegestudentsliedtotheirbestfriends28%ofthetimebutliedtoacquaintances48%ofthetime.Incloserelationships,peopleweremorelikelytotell"kind-hearted"lies,designedtoprotectfeelings,ratherthanself-servinglies.Romantic(浪漫的)partnersMlsomewherebetweenclosefriendsandacquaintances.Studentsliedtoromanticpartnersaboutathirdofthetime.DePaulothinksthatunmarriedloverscanexpectlesshonestythanbestfriendsbecauseoftheinsecuritythatcomeswithromance.Motherscantakeheartfromoneotherfinding.Theymayhavebeenliedto,butatleasttheirchildrentalkedtothem.Thestudentswererecordedtellingfewliestotheirfathersbecausetheyhadlittleinteractionwiththem.45.Whatisthemeaningoftheunderlinedword"grievance"inParagraph1?A.Opinion.B.Complaint.C.Belief.D.Difficulty.46.Accordingtothepassage,collegestudentsfeltclosestto______.A.mothersB.bestfriendsC.acquaintancesD.romanticpartners47.Femalestudentsliedtotheirroommatesto.A.getmoneyfromthemB.offerthemtheservicesC.gainmoresecurityD.makethemhappy48.Whatisthepurposeofthisarticle?A.Topresentafact.B.Toargueanidea.C.Totellastory.D.Toexplainatheory45—48BBDA略河北省冀州中学2011届高三下学期模拟考试(英语)答案45—48BBDA相关试题英语翻译I put it down on my lifethat I love you from the bottom of my heartcause you the sweetest thing ever in my lifeI cry so many times (ever since the night you were gone)so many true liesbut i'm the one that will never ever make you cry and cry
泰山是冠军AC17
put it down on my life that I love you from the bottom of my heart 我从心灵深处爱着你,但我要放弃你cause you the sweetest thing ever in my life 你是我生命中最甜美的记忆I cry so many times (ever since the night you were gone) (从你走后)我哭过无数次so many true lies 那么多真实的谎言but i'm the one that will never ever make you cry and cry但我是那个永远都不会让你哭泣的人
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码why do you believe a person once told so many lies的语病
why do you believe a person who once told so many lies少了关系代词who定语从句中关系代词做主语是不能省略的加油!
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
应该在person 和once之间加一个who
why do you believe a person who once told so many lies少了关系代词who
person once 在两者之间加一个who
扫描下载二维码英语翻译i put it down on my lifethat i love you from the bottom of my heartcause you the sweetest thing ever in my lifei cry so many times (ever since the night you were gone)so many true liesbut i'm the one that will never ever make you cry and cry
我把它从我的生命中放下我从心底深处爱着你因为你是我生命中最美好的事我哭了很多次(从你离开我的那天晚上)太多真实的谎言但我会是那唯一的一个不会让你再哭的人
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
我投入了它击倒在我的生活 我爱你从我的心脏底部 曾经导致您最甜的事在我的生活中 我哭泣许多次(自夜您去) 许多真实的谎言 但i'm 那个从未曾经将做您啼声和啼声
我在我的生活上放下它那 i 发自我的内心深处爱你曾经在我的生活方面引起你最甜的事物i 哭如此的许多次 ( 由你不见了的夜晚至今)这么多真实的谎言但是我是将会无法曾经使你哭而且哭的那一个
扫描下载二维码}

我要回帖

更多关于 so many things 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信