扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
请解释strike?
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
vt.1.打,击,攻击[O1] He was struck by lightning.他被闪电击中.She struck him with a stick.她用棒打他.2.(用爪)抓伤;(用毒牙)咬伤;(疾病)侵袭 The snake struck the man's hand.蛇咬伤了那男人的手.3.(钟)敲响报(时) The clock struck twelve.钟敲十二点.4.(船)触(礁);(光)照在;(声音)传到 The morning sun struck the hilltops.朝阳照到山顶上.5.打(火);划(火柴);盖(章) The girl struck a match to light a cigarette.那女孩划火柴点燃一根烟.6.铸;打出;压出 They will strike a medal in memory of the great victory.他们将为纪念这一伟大胜利铸造一枚勋章.7.删掉;取消[H][O][(+off/out/through)] She read through her essay and struck out a few words here and there.她将论文通读一遍,在一些地方删去了几个字.8.达成(协议),签订(合同等);结算(收支) We struck a compromise.我们达成了妥协.9.打动,感动,给...以印象[(+as)] That play struck me as silly.那出戏我觉得很无聊.10.拆除;拔(营);降下(旗,帆等) They struck camp in the morning.他们在早晨撤营.11.把...刺入;使穿透;使深入[O][(+into)] The wind struck a chill into my bones.风吹得我寒冷彻骨.He struck a knife into the traitor's heart.他将刀戳入卖国贼的心脏.12.扎(根) The cuttings have struck roots.这些插枝已经生了根.13.到达,来到;沿...走 The car struck the main road.汽车开上了大道.14.遇见,邂逅;偶然发现 After months of prospecting he finally struck gold.经过数月的勘探,他终于发现了金矿.15.取...姿态,装出 He struck an attitude of dignity.他装出一副尊严的样子.16.弹奏;奏出 He struck a tune on the piano.他在钢琴上弹了一首曲子.17.使突然想起[W] It struck me that there was no one at home.我突然想起家中没有人.18.使处于特定状态[H][O8] We were struck dumb with horror.我们被吓得张口结舌.vi.1.打,击;袭击;进攻[(+out)] His knee struck against the chair.他的膝盖撞到了椅子上.The enemy struck at dawn.敌人于拂晓时发起进攻.2.(钟)敲,鸣;(时间)被鸣报 Twelve has just struck.刚刚敲过十二点.3.突然想到;突然发现[(+on/upon)] He struck on a solution to the problem.他突然想到一个解决问题的办法.4.(火柴)被划着;(火)被点燃 The match wouldn't strike.这火柴划不着.5.(光)照到;(声音)被听到 A sound struck on his ear.他听到一个声音.6.咬,抓;(鱼)咬饵 Raising herself slightly,the snake struck.那条蛇稍稍抬起身,咬了一口.7.罢工[(+for)] The coal miners struck for better safety conditions.煤矿工人罢工要求改善安全状况.8.(改朝新的方向)行进 They struck north.他们向北走去.9.下帆,降旗 The enemy ship struck.敌舰降旗投降.n.[C] 1.打击;攻击;空袭 The commander decided to make an air strike on the enemy's supply line.指挥官决定空袭敌人的补给线.2.罢工,罢课,罢市 The steel workers called a strike.钢铁工人发动了罢工.The bus drivers' strike stopped all traffic.公共汽车司机罢工使一切交通停顿.3.(矿藏的)发现,意外成功;走运 He made a lucky strike and in three months realized a considerable fortune.他交了好运,三个月就发了相当大的一笔财.strike2 n.0.【体】(足球) 射门
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码The Writers' Strike:Making the Best of the Worst By now you are probably feeling the effects of the TV writers’ strike-the decision of television writers to stop working.With few new TV shows.I pres 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
The Writers' Strike:Making the Best of the Worst& By now you are probably feeling the effects of the TV writers’ strike-the decision of television writers to stop working.With few new TV shows,I present to you a list of shows available on DVD worth your viewing time to keep you going during this painful period?&&& Arrested Development is one of the funniest and most clever shows ever to have appeared on network TV. With a most perfect cast(全体演员),the show sets out to cover the daily happenings of the Bluth family,a group of selfish staff who manage to still put family first.For more comedy goodness,I recommend one of the sharpest comedies to have ever broadcast.30 Rock.Starring Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin,two stars with impressive comic timing, the show gives you a glimpse into the making of a sketch show (幽默短剧),similar to Saturday Nigth Live, from the funny writers to the self-centered cast all the way up to the boss.If you are looking for something more serious, or perhaps Friday Night lights might be more to your liking , If you are a fan of football, this show is probably for you. If you are a fan of great drama, both soapy and serious, this show is probably for you, If you are a fan of good-looking people, this show is definitely for you .If those shows were not enough for you, might I recommend a show with a more heart-pounding excitement? The Amazing Race, after twelve seasons, still remains one of the most exciting shows on TV, Teams of two travel the globe with little to no money and experience far-out adventures in an attempt to remain the last team standing.&&67.If you are fond of soapy TV shows,you will probably choose to watch&&&&&& &&& A.Fridav Night Lights &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & B.30 Rock&&& C.the Amazing Race&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& D.Saturday Night Live68.From the DVD shows listed above,we can learn that   &&& A.two teams won the amazing race&&& B.football fans enjoy the Amazing Race&&& C.the Bluths care about their family though selfish&&& D.30 Rock and Saturday Night Live have nothing in common69.The author writes the passage to tell us that&&&&&&& &&& A.the effects of the TV writers’ strike are great&& &B.the strike puts TV shows in the worst situation&&& C.watching DVD is a good choice during the strike&&& D.we should choose DVD shows according to our tastes70.The passage is most probably taken from&&&&&& &&& A.a book review&&&& B.a newspaper&&&&& C. a film poster&&&& D.a& DVD menu
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Personal computers and the Internet give people new choices about how to spend their time. Some may use this freedom to share less time with certain friends or family members, but new technology will also let them stay in closer touch with those they care most about. I know this from personal experience. E-mail makes it easy to work at home, which is where I now spend most weekends and evenings. My working hours aren’t necessarily much shorter than they once were,but I spend fewer of them at the office. This lets me share more time with my young daughter than I might have if she’d been born before electronic mail became such a practical tool. The Internet also makes it easy to share thoughts with a group of friends. Say you do something fun -see a great movie perhaps and there are four or five friends who might want to hear about it. If you call each one, you may be tired of telling the story. With E-mail, you just write one note about your experience, at your convenience, and address it to all the friends you think might be interested. They can read your message when they have time, and read only as much as they want to. They can reply at their convenience, and you can read what they have to say at your convenience. E-mail is also an inexpensive way to stay in close touch with people who live far away. More than a few parents use E-mail to keep in touch, even daily touch, with their children off at college. We just have to keep in mind that computers and the Internet offer another way of staying in touch. They don’t take the place of any of the old ways.
The purpose of this passage is to ________. A. explain how to use the Internet B. describe the writer’s joy of keeping up with the latest technology C. tell the merits(价值) and usefulness of the Internet D. introduce the reader to basic knowledge about personal computers and the Internet
The use of E-mail has made it possible for the writer to ________. A. spend less time working&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. have more time with his child C. work at home on weekends&&&&&&&&&&&& D. work at a speed comfortable to him The best title for this passage is ________. A. Computer: New Technological Advances B. Internet: New Tool to Maintain Good Friendship C. Computers Have Made Life Easier D. Internet: a Convenient Tool for Communication
阅读理解(时间:20分钟) A Many years ago my student asked me the question, &Mrs. Kindred, why do you teach?& Without taking time to reflect, I answered, &Because someday I might say something that might make a difference in someone's life.& Even though I was sincere, that wasn't a very good answer and my student didn't let it slide.
&Let me get this straight,& he said, &You went to college for four years so you could come here every day because you have the hope that someday you might say something that will influence someone?& He shook his head as if I were crazy and walked away looking confused. I'm one of those people who look back and wish they had said something smart or witty, or swift.
Even though that particular student might no longer wonder why I teach, there are days when I wonder. On those days, I remind myself of the real reasons I teach:
It's in my blood. My mother was my most influential teacher, and she was a 6th grade reading teacher until her death in 1990. She instilled(逐渐灌输) in me a love of reading and the knowledge that education opens doors.
Teaching is a way to make a difference. If you throw a stone in a pond the ripples go on and on until they reach the shore. You can't have ripples without a &stone.& Good teachers throw stones that make a positive difference, and that's what I strive to do.
I genuinely love teenagers.
I want to share with others what I know and what I have learned through the years. Life is full of ups and downs, and if I can help students avoid some potholes on the road of life, I want to do so. If they'll allow me to celebrate their victories with them, I want to do too.
Teaching isn't for everyone, but I know I made the right career choice. 41. Why did the student continue to ask the question about the writer’s being a teacher? & A. Because he thought her answer was unbelievable. & B. Because the writer was insincere. & C. Because the student was naughty. & D. Because the answer was difficult to understand. 42. What do you think of the writer? & A. Stupid. &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Honest.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Conservative.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Polite. 43. According to the text, which of the following is NOT true? & A. The writer’s mother has the greatest influence on her. & B. The writer’s answer made the student confused. & C. In the writer’s opinion, some people in the world are unfit to teach. & D. The writer annoyed the student who asked the question. 44. We can infer from the text that _________. & A. the writer was also a good teacher in school & B. the writer often plays with her students beside a pond & C. the writer devotes herself to teaching and her students & D. the writer often accompanies the students on their way home 45. What’s the main idea of the text? & A. A student’s silly question.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. A good teacher who likes students. & C. A confused student.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. The reason why I teach.
John Steinbeck once said, “All American believe they are born fishermen. For a man to admit to a distaste in fishing would be like speaking publicly against mother-love or hating moonlight”. I can’t say I’m the biggest John Steinbeck fan. Actually, the only thing I can ever remember reading by him was “The Pearl” when I was in middle school, but I couldn’t agree more with the man when it comes to fishing. When I am on a boat in the middle of the lay Lake, fishing off the shores of the Florida Keys for tarpon or catching rainbow trout in the Shoshone River of Wyoming. Fishing is my life. According to the American Sports Fishing Association, the fishing industry brings in more than $ 116 billion per year from fishermen across the country. Though a beautiful picture to imagine, fishing is much more than that. Fishing is a way of life from many people and a way to escape everyday stress. Being a fisherman makes me a member of a wonderful group of people extending to all walks of life. Even President Bush can be found fishing on his farm in Texas with his good friend Roland Martin when the jobs gets too stressful. I can remember fishing with my grandfather when I was 5 years old on his boat at Lake Michel. Although I didn’t understand what I was doing, I did know that my grandfather was happy and that made me happy. Since then I’ve spent the past 16 years on the rivers and lakes of Alabama. After days of practice, before and after work, I slowly developed an understanding of fishing. My boss, Ric Horst, took me back to the Shoshone, and I managed to bring in a 19-inch cutthroat trout. Fishing with Ric was a life-changing experience for me. He not only showed me how to fish correctly, but also told me how fishing could be a way to escape your problems. Since then, prime-time season seems to take forever to arrive. Now, with the ending of February and beginning of March is sight, the excitement of heading out to Lake Tus caloosa or Lake Lurleen before classes and catching something has finally returned. What John Steinbeck said in the first paragraph implies that ______ A.American are believed to be the offspring of fishermen.&&&&&
B.it is unthinkable for an American to admit his dislike of fishing. C.all American are expert at fishing. D.those who dislike fishing would not love their mother. The writer came to understand the real meaning of fishing ______. A.when he was reading “The Pearl” by John Steinbeck&&&
B.when he went fishing with his grandfather at Lake Mitchell C.after he had spent 16 years on the rivers and lakes of Alabama D.after he went fishing with his boss, Ric Horst on the Shoshone According to the author, ______. A.people can get to know VIPs when fishing&&&
B.people can smooth away all the troubles by fishing&&&&&&
C.fishing is a way of communication
D.fishing is a way of life for most American people What is the purpose of the writing? A.To describe the writer’s experience and understanding of fishing.&&&&&&
B.To explain the reason why so many Americans like fishing. C.To make others understand the industry of fishing. D.To express his opinions about fishing in different time of the year.
ARLANDA, Sweden (Reuters Life!)—Many people hate the idea of having to sleep on a plane. But Swedish entrepreneur Oscar Dios thinks they can be persuaded otherwise and he has created a new kind of hostel to prove it. Dios says it is the world’s first jumbo (unusually large) jet hostel, an actual jet-plane at Sweden’s main airport outside Stockholm which has been changed into a 25- room guesthouse that sleeps as many as 72 people. “I learned about this plane that was standing deserted at Arlanda airport and I’ve been trying the concept of hostels in many different houses and buildings,” he told Reuters. “I thought, ‘Why not a plane?’” Jumbo Hostels opened for business on Thursday, giving customers the chance to check in and sleep in a room that can best be described as comfortable.” “The most challenging part with this project is trying to build something inside a metal hull(壳) – it’s just really, really tight.” The jet, which was originally produced for Singapore Airlines, was taken out of service in 2002. It is held on a concrete foundation with the landing gear secured in steel cradles. One feature of the hostel is its price – a room starts at 350 Swedish crowns (about $ 41), which is a lot less than hotel rooms outside of major airports. Another feature is that customers can get married on the wing of the plane and stay in the plane’s more luxurious honeymoon suite (套房). Instead of walking down the aisle in the church, lovebirds can take what Jumbo Hostels calls the “wing walk,” where they can be joined in great happiness at the wing tip. The hostel has someone ready to perform the ceremony. But in some respects this hostel remains a plane – most customers have to share the jet’s nine bathrooms and the staff only wear air host and hostess outfits. The only room that has its own bathroom is the honeymoon suite.
Which of the following is not true? A. The jet plane was out of use for over eight years B. The hostel provides ten bathrooms for customers C. The rooms in the hotel are comfortable D. The hostel lies at Arlanda airport in Stockholm
One of the features of the plane hostel is that &&&&&&&&. A. air hostesses can offer good service B. a wedding ceremony can be held on the wing&&&&
C. customers can sleep in comfortable rooms&&&&&&
D. the staff can have a “wing walk”
Why does Oscar Dios make jet plane hotel? A. Because he is fond of plane very much. B. Because he is very curious C. Because he wants to earn more money. D. Because he likes trying the concept of hotel in many different things.
The writer mainly wants to &&&&&&&&&. A. call on people to make use of the deserted things B. describe a wonderful place for weddings C. introduce a new kind of hostel&&&&
D. prove people can sleep on a plane&&
America is growing older. Fifty - eight years ago, only 4 out of every 100 people in the United States were 10 or older. To day, 10 out of every 100 Americans are over 10. The aging of the population will affect(影响)American society in many ways—education, medicine, and business. Quietly, the graying of America has made us a very different society—one in which people have a quite different idea of what kind of behavior(行为) is suitable(合适)at various , ages. A person s age no longer tells you anything about his/her social position, marriage or health. There’s no longer a particular year in which one goes to school or goes to work or gets married or starts a family. The social clock that kept us on time and told us when to go to school, get a job, or stop working isn’t as strong as it used to be. It doesn’t surprise us to hear of a 29 - year - old university president or a 35 - year -old grandmother, or a 15 year - old man who has become a father for the first time. Public ideas are changing. Many people say, “I am much younger than my mother— or my father— was at my age. ”No one says“Act your age” any more. We’ve stopped looking with surprise at older people who act in youthful ways. 12.It can be learnt from the text that the aging of the population in America ________ . A. has made people feel younger&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. has changed people’s social position C. has changed people’s understanding of age&& D. has slowed down the country’s social development 13.The underlined word “one”refers to ________ . A. a society   B. America&&&&& C. a place    D. population 14.” Act your age” means people should ________ . A. be active when they are old B. do the right thing at the right age C. show respect for their parents young or old D. take more physical exercise suitable to their age 15.If a 25 - year - old man becomes general manager of a big firm, the writer of the text would most probably consider it ________ . A. normal   B. wonderful&&&&&& C. unbelievable     D. unreasonable
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号阅读理解 The Writers' Strike:Making the Best of the Worst By now you are probably feeling the effects of the TV writers’ strike---the decision of television writers to stop working.With few new TV show 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
The Writers' Strike:Making the Best of the Worst
  By now you are probably feeling the effects of the TV writers’ strike---the decision of television writers to stop working.With few new TV shows, I present to you a list of shows available on DVD worth your viewing time to keep you going during this painful period.
  Arrested Development is one of the funniest and most clever shows ever to have appeared on network TV.With a most perfect cast(全体演员), the show sets out to cover the daily happenings of the Bluth family, a group of selfish staff who manage to still put family first.
  For more comedy goodness, I recommend one of the sharpest comedies to have ever broadcast, 30 Rock.Starring Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin, two stars with impressive comic timing, the show gives you a glimpse into the making of a sketch show(幽默短剧),similar to Saturday Nigth Live, from the funny writers to the self-centered cast all the way up to the boss.
  If you are looking for something more serious, or perhaps Friday Night lights might be more to your liking.If you are a fan of football, this show is probably for you.If you are a fan of great drama, both soapy and serious, this show is probably for you, If you are a fan of good-looking people, this show is definitely for you.
  If those shows were not enough for you, might I recommend a show with a more heart-pounding excitement? The Amazing Race, after twelve seasons, still remains one of the most exciting shows on TV.Teams of two travel the globe with little to no money and experience far-out adventures in an attempt to remain the last team standing.
If you are fond of soapy TV shows, you will probably choose to watch _________.
Friday Night Lights
the Amazing Race
Saturday Night Live
From the DVD shows listed above, we can learn that ________.
two teams won the amazing race
football fans enjoy the Amazing Race
the Bluths care about their family though selfish
30 Rock and Saturday Night Live have nothing in common
The author writes the passage to tell us that _________.
the effects of the TV writers’ strike are great
the strike puts TV shows in the worst situation
watching DVD is a good choice during the strike
we should choose DVD shows according to our tastes
The passage is most probably taken from _________.
a book review
a newspaper
a film poster
a DVD menu
答案:1.A;2.C;3.C;4.B;
请在这里输入关键词:
来源:设计必修1英语(人教版) 人教版
Nelson Mandela
  Nelson Mandela is one of the great political leaders of our time.His lifelong efforts to the fight against racial(种族)oppression(压迫)in his country won him the admiration(钦慕)of millions worldwide, as well as the 1993 Nobel Peace Prize.As the leader of South Africa’s anti-partheid(反种族隔离)movement, Mandela was a key player in helping to move his country toward multiracial government(多民族政府)and majority rule.
  Mandela’s long, hard struggle is a victory of dignity(尊严)and hope.He’s a man of true courage.If determination and patience were considered talents, Mandela would win hands down in any sort of competition.
  accomplishments(成就)& fame(名誉)
  Nelson Mandela’s greatest accomplishments were his role in ending apartheid, and becoming South Africa’s first elected black president.He has been the recipient(收件人)of dozens upon dozens of awards, prizes and honors from countless associations and organizations, but perhaps none more prestigious(声望很高)than the Nobel Peace Prize, which he shared with former South African President Frederik W.de Klerk, in 1993.
  He has been awarded several other major peace prizes, such as the UNESCO(United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization)Peace Prize in 1991(also shared with F.W.de Klerk); the Africa Peace Award in 1995 and the International Gandhi Peace Prize in 2002.
  Mr.Mandela also received dozens of honorary degrees(名誉学位)from universities the world over, including the Universities of Bristol, Cambridge, Glasgow, London, Nottingham, and Oxford, as well as an Honorary Doctorate from the Sorbonne University in Paris(all in July 1996), and Harvard Business School’s Statesman of the Year Award in 1995-to name but a few.He has also been presented(赠送)with the key to cities such as Rome, Rio de Janeiro, London, Dublin, and Sydney, Australia(where he became the first person ever to receive the Freedom of that city).In July of 2002, he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the United States highest civilian(公民)award.
  There’s something admirable about having been a leader fighting for a people’s freedom and equality in an unjust society.Mandela has become a worldwide symbol(楷模)of the struggle of the oppressed(被压迫者)over the oppressor.He has been celebrated in song by artists the world over, in many different languages.One entitled “Nelson Mandela”was recorded by British 2-Tone group The Special A.K.A(formerly The Specials); making the top 10 in the UK and a few other European nations in 1984.
  Personal style
  As a president, Mandela sported the typical garb(服饰)of high-ranking government officials: expensive, well-tailored(缝制精致的)suits.Now retired(退役)from public life, Mandela the elder statesman dresses in an ordinary way.
  He attends many activities, often where he is the guest of honor, in bright, colorfully patterned(典型的)traditional African robes(长袍)or shirts all the better for getting down when the music begins.
Mandel was not only admired(钦慕)for his long fight against ________but also for ________.
How many peaceful prize has Mandela got?He has got________ in 1991, ________in 1995 and ________ in 2002.
Mandela is a man full of ________and his greatest success was to play a part in getting rid of ________ and to be elected ________.
来源:高一英语下学期Unit16单元测试
六、Reading comprehension.(阅读理解)20分AAir is an odorless(thsmelless),invisible(that cannot be seen)gas that surrounds the planet earth.It is everywhere on the planet.An “empty” drinking glass and an “empty” room,to give two examples,are not really empty.Each is filled with air.When the glass is filled with water,the water pushes the air out of the glass.Air,as a gas,has no definite(fixed,particular)shape,but,because it is matter,it takes up space.It is easy to prove that air is something that takes up space.Stuff a dry handkerchief into the bottom of a glass so that it will not fall out when the glass is turned upside-down.Push the upside-down glass,hold it straight into a jar of water till the glass is completely covered.When the glass is taken out of water,the handkerchief will be dry.The air inside the glass took up space and kept the water from coming in.1.“Stuff a dry handkerchief into…”.The underlined word means.A.Press tightly&&&& B.Take out&&&&&&&&& C.Put down&&&& D.Turn fully2.The writer tells us that _________.A.the experiment was done in the laboratoryB.the experiment was done outside the roomC.the experiment is easily doneD.the experiment is carried out indoors3.Which of the following pictures gives us the correct result?(W—A—H—handkerchief)
来源:江西省四校学年高二下学期期中联考试题(英语)
第三部分阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)A teenager says he convinced the White House that he was Iceland’ s president and managed to schedule a call with George W.Bush , but was found out before he got to talk to the US president. “My call was transferred around a few times until I got hold of Bush’s secretary and managed to book a call meeting with Bush the following Monday evening ,” Vifill Atlaso, 16, told Reuters.Several Icelandic police turned up at his door two days later---the day of the planned call---and took him in for questioning.“They told me the CIA had called the National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police and asked if the police could try and find out where I received that phone number from,” said Atlason.The teenager said he was unable to recall where he had discovered the telephone number of the White House.“I know I’v had it on my phone card for at least four years now and that an Icelandic friend gave it to me, but I don’t remember who,”he said.At a White House news conference on Monday, Bush’s spokeswoman Dana Perino said her understanding was that Atlason had called a public line “that anybody can call”, according to a transcript(记录).Jon Buartmarz, Chief Superintendent at Iceland’s national police headquarters, said Icelandic police had not spoken to their US counterparts about the matter. He declinced(拒绝) to say how police were tipped off (通告) about Atlason’s call.“As far as we’re concerned, there will not be any further investigation, and I don’t know if the American government is taking any action because of this,”he said.1.According to the passage, when did Atlason call the White House ? A.On Friday&&&&& B. On Saturday&&&& C. On Sunday&&& D. On Monday2.What does the underlined “it ”refer to ? A.The telephone number of the White House. B.The telephone number of his friend. C.A White House news conference . D.CIA3.How did Atlason get the telephone number of the White House ? A.From a newspaper&&& B.From Bush’s secertary C.From an Icelandic friend&& D.By calling the National Commissioner of the Icelandic Police.4.What is the main idea of the article ? A.An Icelandic teenager tricks the the White House B.CIA found out the truth of a trick. C.A teenager pretended to be the Icelandic president. D.The telephone number of the Whiite House is known by public.
来源:内蒙古元宝山区第二中学2010届高三第三次模拟试题(英语)
第三节:阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)(A)JIUQUAN, Gansu Province, Sept. 6(Xinhua) ---- China’s manned spacecraft Shenzhou-7 will be launched at an appropriate time between Sept. 25 and 30 from the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwestern Gansu Province, a spokesman said here on Saturday. The mission will accomplish the first spacewalk by Chinese astronauts. “All the major systems involved in the launching are now in the final preparation. The main tests for the spacecraft, the Long-March II-F rocket, suits for the space walk and a satellite accompanying the fly have also been finished, ” said the spokesman. In addition, the ground control system is fully prepared, including the launch site, the landing site, and the communication for observation and control. When Shenzhou-7 enters its orbit, one of the three taikonauts will conduct a space walk, said Zhao Changxi, a senior scientist with the project, earlier. According to Zhao, cameras would be fixed outside and inside of the ship for live broadcasting of the space walk. While the last mission of Shenzhou-6, with a crew of two, was aimed at several days of manned flight, this time the task might be more stringent as one of its main goals is the space walk. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m Earlier reports said a crew of six astronauts had been chosen for the mission, with three manning the spacecraft and three substitutes.& China successfully put two manned spacecrafts into orbit in 2003 and 2005 respectively, becoming the third country to send an astronaut into space after the United States and the former Soviet Union(now Russia).56. What is the main idea of the passage? A. Shenzhou-7 is better equipped than the last two spaceships. B. Shenzhou-7 will be more successful than the last two launches. C. All the systems involved in the launching have been prepared. D. China is ready for the launching of Shenzhou-7.57. We can learn from the passage ________. A. This will be the third time for Chinese astronauts to have a space walk B. Three of the six astronauts chosen for the mission will walk in space C. The space walk will be live broadcasted on TV D. Everything has been prepared except communication system58. The underlined word”stringent”most probably means A. challenging&& B. encouraging&& C. interesting&& D. moving
来源:学年吉林省高一下学期期末考试英语题
题型:完型填空
&Texting in the street—your funeralMillions of people are putting their livesat risk by texting their friends as they walk along busy streets, reported theDaily Mail.One in ten &41 &users hasalready been &42 &because they are so lost in their phonesthat they fail to &43 &lamp-posts or cars, according to JoannaLumdsen of Aston University. To test the danger of texting while &44&, Lumdsen did an experiment in which volunteers followed a &45&path while trying to &46 &in a message on the phone.Around them, screens &47 &upinstructions to avoid stepping on &48 &colors on the floor.She found that people missed one in five &49&because they were so busy with their phones.“In &50 &life this meansthat one in five lamp-posts or moving cars is &51 to go unnoticed by people &52 &andwalking,” she said.Her research is looking for ways cell phonemakers could improve the &53 of phones to make texting on the move &54&. That could &55 &easier-to-use voice operatedphones, or phones that respond to gestures.“The safest thing is &56 &peoplenot to text while they walk along,” she said. “ 57 &a lot of people inbusiness are &58 &to carry a mobile phone and be in &59 &24hours a day, seven days a week. They are under pressure to reply to calls &60&, and to respond to text messages and emails straight away.
A. textbook
B. electric bike
C. mobile phone
D. computer
A. injured
B. admitted
C. attacked
D. rewarded
B. notice
D. search
A. riding
B. working
C. shopping
D. walking
A. colored
B. marked
C. narrow
D. dangerous
A. answer
A. brightened
B. flashed
C. lighted
A. particular
B. different
C. similar
D. various
A. instructions
B. explanations
C. experiments
D. solutions
B. modern
D. lively
A. possible
B. probable
D. likely
A. speaking
B. texting
C. thinking
D. waiting
A. appearance
B. invention
C. quality
D. design
A. easier
C. quicker
D. clearer
A. include
B. attend
C. obtain
D. consider
A. expected
B. driven
C. intended
D. honored
A. service
C. contact
D. freedom
A. immediately
B. seriously
C. conveniently
D. pleasantly
【答案】 21.C 22.A 23.B 24.D 25.A 26.C 27.B 28.A 29.A 30.C 31.D 32.B 33.D 34.B 35.A 36.B 37.A 38.A 39.C 40.A 【解析】 略 【题型】完型填空 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】Texting in the street, 社会现象类 【结束】 13【题文】“Hurry, Mommy! Let’s go trick-or-treating!” My daughter waited by the door in her pink princess skirt while I prayed in the living room. Usually I liked taking her out on Halloween, but this year I was sad. I was worried about my mother, who was in China on vacation. I got a call that afternoon that she had slipped and fallen on the hard floor of her hotel and broken her leg. She was taken to a hospital in Beijing. Mom was nervous because she couldn’t understand any of the doctors. If only I could do something to help her! I knew I couldn’t let my worries spoil my daughter’s fun. There was nothing I could do for Mom except pray, I thought. We left the house and went down the block. I was so upset that I hardly took notice of the kids around me. There came the man to whose son I’d once given piano lessons. “Hello there,” I said, greeting him and the boy at his side. “Hello,” the father answered. “Having fun?”“I’m trying,” I said. “Why, what’s wrong?” he asked. I told him the whole story. “My mother, in China, broke her leg and didn’t understand any of the doctors. And I’m too far away to do anything!” I said. He raised his eyebrows. “Beijing, you said?” he asked. I nodded. He smiled. “Believe it or not, my sister is a doctor at an English-speaking hospital there. If you want, I’ll make a call right away and we’ll try and get your mom transferred (转移).” A few days later I sat in the living room with my daughter as she finished the last of the candy. “Mommy, how far away is China?” she asked. “Not as far as I thought,” I said. 41.What did the author’s daughter want to do?
A.Pray with the author.
B.Enjoy herself outside.
C.Play a trick on her mom.
D.Go to the theatre to see a play.
42.What was the author’s mother worried about most?
A.She couldn’t get used to the life in Beijing.
B.She was hurt in the leg badly while travelling.
C.She was too old and weak to pray for her daughter.
D.She couldn’t make herself understood by the doctor.
43.The author hardly took notice of the kids around because _____ .
A.she was calling her mother
B.she felt very sad at that time
C.she was about to give a lesson
D.she couldn’t find her daughter
44. We can infer from the text that _____ .
A.the man’s sister would help the author’s mother
B.the author would come to China to see her mother
C.the author was a famous music teacher in the town
D.the author’s daughter wanted to travel in China
【答案】 45.B&&&&&&&&&&& 46.D 47.B 48.A 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】my mother,家庭生活类 【结束】 14【题文】It is winter in many parts of the world. For some areas, that means snow. Maybe even lots of snow. If you don’t have to drive in it or remove it, snow can be very beautiful. When snow covers everything around you, the world looks like a “winter wonderland”. That is the name of a very popular song about winter. Richard Smith and Felix Bernard wrote the song back in 1934. There are hundreds of recordings of this happy song. But winter is not always such a beautiful and happy time. It’s cold outside. You try hard to keep warm. The days are darker and shorter. The sun rarely shines. The leaves on the trees are brown. It isn’t surprising that some people are sad in winter. And some people dream about being somewhere else where it’s warm and pretty—like the state of California. The Mamas and the Papas recorded this famous song “California Dreaming”. During the 1960s, many other famous rock groups released songs about winter. Here is a poetic song by Simon and Garfunkel called “A Hazy Shade of Winter”. They sing about life and hope and possibilities. In 1968, the group Blood, Sweat and Tears recorded this gentle, sad song about winter. They sing about a lost love and forgotten memories in “Sometimes in Winter”. In the early 1990s, Tori Amos wrote and recorded the beautiful song called “Winter”. She enjoyed singing about winter when she was a child. Finally, on a happier note comes this song written and recorded by Fountains of Wayne in 2003. They sing about a snowstorm in a New England town. Nothing unusual there. But instead of being sad or tense about the snow, they write a song about it. 49. The underlined sentence “For some areas, that means snow.” probably means& _____ .
A.In some areas, when it’s winter, it must snow
B.In some areas, it often snows in winter
C.In some areas, it’s important to snow
D.In some areas, people like snow in winter
50. According to the second paragraph, winter is _____ .
A.beautiful and happy
B.happy and warm
C.lovely and hopeful
D.cold and sad
51.Which of the songs can bring us hope of life?
A.Winter Wonderland.
B.California Dreaming.
C.A Hazy Shade of Winter.
D.Sometimes in Winter.
52.What does the passage mainly talk about?
A.Winter in different areas.
B.Different ideas about winter.
C.Songs about winter.
D.Winter is cold but happy.
【答案】 53.B 54.D 55.C 56.C 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】winter,自然类 【结束】 15【题文】A number of scientific studies have suggested that repeatedly heading a football could increase the risk of developing dementia (痴呆症) in later life. In 2002, former England international footballer Jeff Astle died aged 59. A coroner (验尸官) said that Astle died from a brain disease likely to have been caused by “repeated small damages to the brain” related to heading a heavy leather football. Dr. Scott Delaney, research director of emergency medicine at McGill University Health Center in Montreal, Canada, has also researched soccer-related head injury and agrees that head-to-head or elbow-to-head blows are the real risk. In 2007, Delaney carried out a study on footballers aged between 12 and 17 that showed they were half as likely to be concussed (使脑部受到震荡) wearing headgear (帽) than without. He said youngsters have a higher risk of head injury than adults because their heads are thinner and less able to absorb shock. To make matters worse, their neck muscles aren’t as well developed and they often lack the correct heading technique that can help throw away the force of the ball. Delaney recommends that children wear headgear when playing football and says his two eldest children wear head protection playing the sport. But he admits that children can be unwilling to be the first to wear head protection—especially when their football heroes play without it. While headgear can protect footballers from being concussed during a match, no one knows the long-term effects of repeated “sub-concussive” blows to the head. Delaney says that while there is indirect evidence that a career in soccer can lead to dementia, no one has yet found a sure link between the two. He says proving a link would mean monitoring hundreds of footballers for three or four decades—and that would take a lot of funding. 57.Which might be the best title of the passage?
A.Playing football may lead to brain damage.
B.Repeated small damages to the brain.
C.Footballers should wear headgear when playing. .
D.Evidence to dementia.
58.According to Delaney’s research, what is the most risky injuries to head?
A.Long-term effects of blows.
B.Wearing head protection.
C.Underdeveloped neck muscles.
D.Head-to-head or elbow-to-head blows.
59. Children are unwilling to wear headgear because they think _____ .
A.headgear is harmful to their heads
B.headgear influences their skills
C.they should follow their idols
D.they mustn’t lead the fashion
60.It can be inferred from the last paragraph that _____ .
A.Delaney has studied dementia for three or four decades
B.few footballers would like to be studied in the research
C.funding is important in order to carry out the research.
D.no one can find the link between playing football and dementia
【答案】 61.A 62.D 63.C 64.C 【解析】 略 【题型】阅读理解 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】the risk of developing dementia 痴呆症,医学类 【结束】 16【题文】根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Are You Ready for College? Before you send in your college applications, keep this in mind: it’s not the norm (准则) in every culture for students to go to college right out of high school. &65.&&So if you find yourself applying for college simply because it’s the thing to do after high school, think again. Going to college right after high school may be the norm in your community, but it’s not the norm everywhere and it may not be the best decision for you. &66.&&Yes, higher education often gives young people a big advantage in the working world, but not always. A solid technical or business school application can give you an advantage as well, and if the environment seems like a better one for you than a traditional college campus, this might be your best choice. A lot of people lead successful lives with a high school education and years of work experience. The price of a college or university education has become a serious burden for young people and their families. &&67.&In some cases, putting off college for a year or two while a student earns money full time can make sense. &&68.&& &&69.&&Almost all students suffer from homesickness, but for some students, the transition may be too much to deal with.
A.Is going to college always the best choice for high school graduates?
B.Spend some time considering your choices before sending in your applications.
C.Besides, it’s quite possible that going to college is not the right choice for you.
D.During this time, the student can take a few inexpensive classes at a community college.
E. So students take massive amounts of loans, which can take decades to pay off. F. Many young people have other choices, like military service, work experience,
community service or travel.
G. The transition from high school to college is an emotional challenge for almost everybody,
especially if you move away from home. 【答案】 70.F&&&&&&&&&&& 71.C 72.E 73.D 74.G 【解析】 略 【题型】其他 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】Are You Ready for College?,学习类 【结束】 17【题文】阅读下列每个句子,根据空白处的汉语提示,填入适当词汇。每空仅限一词。 75.Now the government is paying more attention to _____ (农业). &&&&&&&&& 76.W&&&&&out! There is a car coming!&&&&& 77. felt so sleepy that I couldn’t stop _____ (打哈欠). 78. From her &&&&&(面部)expression we can read her dissatisfaction.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 79.Customs officers examined all &&&&&&(行李) at the airport. 80. It’s an old t&&&&&for Chinese to get together and eat dumplings on the eve of the Spring Festival.&&&& 81.They didn’t fight, but stood there _____ (怒视) at each other.&& 82.You should receive a reply w&&&&&seven days.&&&&&& 83.They are having a heated a&&&&&over whether drinking is bad for health. 84. The lake &&&&&(包围) by trees is a nice place to visit. 85.After his wife died, the man often d&&&&&his sadness in wine. 【答案】 86.agriculture &&&&&&&&&&&& 87.Watch&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 88.yawning &&&&&&&&&&&&& 89.facial&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 90.baggage/ luggage
91.tradition&&&&&& 92.glaring& 93.within
94.argument&&&&&& 95.surrounded&&&&&&&&&& 96.drowned 【解析】 略 【题型】单词拼写 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】单词拼写 【结束】 18【题文】每个句子有且仅有一处错误,或错一词, 或多一词,或少一词。 如本句错一词,在错词下划一横线,并在横线下写出修改后的词; 如本句多一词,把多余的词用斜线(﹨)划掉; 如本句缺一词,在缺词处加一漏字符号(∧),并在其下面写上该加的词。 注意:未按照要求答题不得分。 97. He loved the novel so many that he read it for three times. 98.Canada is the second most largest country in the world.
99.Parents react strong to the program of quality education.
100.It is clear is that the moon is smaller than the earth. 101. With the baby well cared for, the parents will free of worries at work.
102.When I was driving to work, my car suddenly broke up and I had to repair it by myself.&&&&&& 103.Tony approached Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on cheek. 104.H however, he couldn’t play in the game. 105. The soldiers fought in defend of their country’s safety. 106.You’d better take the old bridge as the new one is built. 【答案】 107.He loved the novel so many that he read it for three times. much 108.Canada is the second most largest country in the world.
﹨ 109. Parents react strong to the program of quality education.
strongly&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 110.It is clear is that the moon is smaller than the earth. What 或&﹨&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 111.With the baby well cared for, the parents will ∧ free of worries at work.
be 112.When I was driving to work, my car suddenly broke up and I had to repair it by myself.&&&&&& down&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 113.Tony approached Julia, touched her shoulder and kissed her on ∧ cheek. the 114.H however, he couldn’t play in the game. therefore/ hence 115.The soldiers fought in defend of their country’s safety. defense/ defence 116.You’d better take the old bridge as the new one is ∧ built. being 【解析】 略 【题型】短文改错 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】单句改错 【结束】 19【题文】假如你是某所中学的一名学生,3月22日(世界水日)你参加了你们班开展的一系列节水宣传活动。请根据以下提示,以日记的形式记录当天的活动内容. 1)上午开班会,讨论节水宣传活动; 2)下午2点,去社区发宣传材料(leaflets); 3)下午3点,邀来的专家在社区做相关演讲; 4)演讲后,与邻居们讨论,提出节水建议. 注意:① 词数100左右。开头已为你写好,不计入总词数。 ② 可适当增加内容以使行文连贯. March 22, 2011&& Tuesday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sunny Today is World Water Day._________________________________________&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 【答案】 March 22, 2011&& Tuesday&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Sunny Today is World Water Day.In the morning, we had a class meeting talking about what to do on this special day. Finally, we reached an agreement and immediately began to make preparations for the afternoon’s activities. At 2:00 p.m., we went to the neighboring community to hand out leaflets, calling on people to save water. Around 3 o’clock, the expert we invited gave an excellent speech on the current water crisis in China. He talked about the drought in the Southwest and the severe shortage of water in our city. The speech had a strong appeal to all the people present, including me. After the speech, we had a discussion with our neighbors about various ways of saving water in our daily life. I suggested turning off the water tap immediately after using it, and a granny came up with the ideas of reusing the water from kitchen, for example, the water after washing fruits and vegetables can be used to water flowers and so on. Today, I have had a better understanding of the importance of saving water and really learnt a lot about saving water. 【解析】 略 【题型】书面表达 【适用】较难 【标题】学年吉林省长春十一中高一下学期期末考试英语题 【关键字标签】世界水日 【结束】
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 the wildcat strike 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信