英语作文: Whyyou should tryle...

求why should we do exercise?英语作文100字麻烦用as far as I‘m concerned / In addition / not only ...but also / as long as .用这些词来写,悬赏我也会增加的,随便写,文体通常就好.急 写的好加钱_百度作业帮
求why should we do exercise?英语作文100字麻烦用as far as I‘m concerned / In addition / not only ...but also / as long as .用这些词来写,悬赏我也会增加的,随便写,文体通常就好.急 写的好加钱
麻烦用as far as I‘m concerned / In addition / not only ...but also / as long as .用这些词来写,悬赏我也会增加的,随便写,文体通常就好.急 写的好加钱
Taking exercise is good for our health so we should take more exercise to keep fit. There are so many benefits that exercise give us but as far as I'm concerned, the greatest advantage is that taking exercise can make us relaxed . In addition,exercise can help to build up our body . Third exercise can not only help us to lose weight but it can also develop our character. Finally taking exercise can reduce our stress after a tiring day of work. As long as we keep taking exercise , we will surely have a healthy body and a bright future.谁帮我写一篇Why should we learn English? 的英语作文 在带上意思谢谢了_百度作业帮
谁帮我写一篇Why should we learn English? 的英语作文 在带上意思谢谢了
谁帮我写一篇Why should we learn English? 的英语作文 在带上意思谢谢了
Why do we learn English  English is one of the most widely used languages in the world.It is spoken by nearly three hundred million people:in England,the United States,Australia,Canada and many other countries.It is one of the working languages at international meetings and is more used than the others.It is said that 60 percent of the world's radio broadcasts and 70 percent of the world's mail are in English.Millions of books and magazines are written in English,too.English is really a bridge to knowledge.With the help of English we can learn modern science and technology faster and better form the developed countries.In this way we can serve our country better.翻译如下:英语是世界上一种最广泛使用的语言.近三亿人说英语:在英国,美国,澳大利亚,加拿大和其他许多国家.英语是国际会议使用的官方语言,比其他语言要使用的多.据说世界上60%的无线电广播和70%的邮件都是英文的.成千上万的书和杂志也都是用英文写的.英语真的是一座通往知识的桥梁.在英语的帮助下,我们可以更快学习现代科学技术、更好的发展国家.用这种方法,我们可以更好的服务于国家.Today English become more and more important .And in China every student learns English and other people study English as well .But why should we learn English?Firstly ,English is one of offical languages .Secondly ,we can read English books and talk to native speakers by learning English .Of course ,if we speak English fluently we can travel all over the world .English is spoken in most countries.Thirdly or the most important one,learning English is ready for the exams.English is a main subject of all.The English exam has high scores.For the students,they will get low scores in all if they are weak in English.So,learning English is important,we should learn English well.今天,英语变得越来越重要.而在中国每一个学生学习英语和其他人学习英语.但我们为什么要学习英语?首先,英语是官方语言之一.其次,我们可以阅读英文书籍,谈学习英语为母语的.当然,如果我们讲英语流利,我们可以走遍世界.在大多数国家,英语口语.第三,最重要的一个,学习英语是为考试做好准备.英语是所有的主体.作为学生如果他们英语薄弱,将会得到低的总分.因此,学习英语是重要的,我们要学好英语.
带上意思?意思也应该是英文的!Why should we all learn that English?Because we are asked to do so.But most of our English is Chinglish,with that not far can we go.Englishmen do not understand...您的位置:&&
&&学年高一英语同步练习:Unit 3《The world online》单元检测(牛津版选修7)
学年高一英语同步练习:Unit 3《The world online》单元检测(牛津版选修7)
地区:全国
上传人:mpml****@
版本:牛津译林版
下载扣点:2点
上传时间:
已有5399人下载该资源
学年高一英语同步练习:Unit 3《The world online》单元检测(牛津版选修7)
单元检测(三)
第一部分 听力(共两节,满分30分)
第一节(共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分)
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1.When is Jessica’s birthday?
C.Sep.10.
2.Which hotel does the woman live in now?
A.China Great Hotel.
B.Holiday Inn.
C.Hilton.
3.Why won’t the woman go to the zoo tomorrow?
A.The man’s son is too young.
B.She will attend a meeting tomorrow.
C.It’ll snow heavily tomorrow.
4.Where does the conversation most probably take place?
A.At a bus stop.
B.At a railway station.
C.In a bank.
5.When did the woman arrive?
第二节(共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分)
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至7题。
6.What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A.Teacher and student.
and employee.
C.Husband and wife.
7.What happened to the man?
A.He failed his final test.
B.He was out of work.
C.He gave the students a hard final.
听第7段材料,回答第8至9题。
8.What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
A.Salesperson and customer.
B.Old school friends.
C.Fellow workers.
9.What do we know about the woman?
A.She is fond of her work.
B.She’s tired of traveling.
C.She is interested in law.
听第8段材料,回答第10至12题。
10.Why does the man want to hire a car?
A.To go and see his friends.
B.To visit the city.
C.To go shopping.
11.What is the rental money for a Santana?
A.400 yuan a day.
B.300 yuan a day.
C.200 yuan a day.
12.Which of the following is TRUE according to the conversation?
A.The man is on holiday in Shanghai.
B.The man has decided to hire a Santana for 3 days.
C.Jettas are the most popular with the tourists.
听第9段材料,回答第13至16题。
13.Why does Mr.Smith go to see the doctor?
A.He wants to have a check-up.
B.He has got heart disease.
C.There is something wrong with his ears.
14.How long hasn’t Mr.Smith had a check-up?
A.For one year.
B.For two years.
C.For six years.
15.What does Dr.West find out about Mr.Smith?
A.He has lung cancer.
B.He is a heavy smoker.
C.He has heart disease.
16.What does Dr.West advise Mr.Smith to do?
A.To smoke less cigarettes.
B.To have a check-up every two years.
C.To pay attention to his eyes.
听第10段材料,回答第17至20题。
17.What do the speakers talk about?
A.Finding part-time jobs.
B.Finding full-time jobs.
C.Working as volunteers.
18.According to the woman,what should the man do at first?
A.Find out about his own ability.
B.Use his resources if necessary.
C.Decide on the job he wants.
19.Where does the woman advise the man to find “wanted” ads?
A.From companies.
B.In newspapers.
C.From his teachers.
20.What kind of information should the man prepare for an interview?
A.Information about the interviewer.
B.Information about the company.
C.Information about his relations.
第二部分 英语知识运用(共两节,满分45分)
第一节 单项填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
21.—Is this dog easy to take care of?
—Sure!Look at that coat.That’ll never ________ you with catching a cold.
A.impress
22.The company is operating badly but the boss doesn’t ________ that he is an incapable leader.
A.acknowledge
D.recommend
23.Teachers have to constantly update their knowledge in order to maintain their professional________.
A.consequence
B.independence
C.competence
D.intelligence
24.There is________ quality in the students’ ability,which demands different teaching methods.
A.diverse
B.consequent
D.automatic
25.Due to bad weather,the police had to ________ the search for the missing boy.
B.abandon
C.conduct
D.release
26.In our school students are ________ into different groups according to how much
they know and how old they are.
A.classified
B.combined
27.—There are many spelling mistakes in the composition you ________ last week.
—Sorry,sir.I should have been more careful.
A.turned to
B.turned in
C.turned into
D.turned up
28.—We are late.We must go to school at once.
—You ________ hurry.It’s Sunday today.We have not any lessons.
A.mustn’t
B.ought not to
C.don’t have to
D.should not
29.An awful traffic accident ________,however,happen the other day.
30.His command was that we ________ immediately.
A.started off
B.had started off
C.start off
D.would start off
31.—You ________ part in the party in time.
—Sorry,I was delayed by the accident.
A.are supposed to take
B.have supposed to take
C.are supposed to have taken
D.supposed to take
32.Thank you for giving me a hand.I ________ in the experiment without your valuable help.
A.had failed
B.will fail
C.would have failed
D.must have failed
33.The longer she waited, ________ she became.
A.the most impatient
B.more impatient
C.the least impatient
D.the more impatient
34.________straight on and you’ll see a church.
C.If you go
D.When going
35.________the words the boy said at the meeting were true.We must not believe________he said.Only a few of them are helpful to us.
A.None of;anything
B.All;nothing
C.Not all of;everything
D.Neither of;something
第二节 完形填空(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)
阅读下面短文,从短文后各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
Ban the Band(乐队)?
Every year,our school has a dance for all the students.It’s a little funny seeing friends in clean shoes and trousers or colorful__36__,instead of the usual school uniform.
Most of us think the dance is great__37__—even
the teachers enjoy being there.__38__,two weeks ago someone said that there would be no__39__ band this year—only CDs.
“I don’t__40__it!”Amy cried out during the lunch break.
“Someone said the school couldn’t__41__a band,and they think it’s too noisy anyway,”added Daniel.
“Well,I don’t think it’s__42__enough without a band!”declared Angela,“and I’m going to see what can be done.”
Angela was as good as her__43__.In the afternoon she went to see the school headmaster who agreed to give the__44__some more thought.And he suggested that one__45__for having a band was to increase the price of each ticket from $ 5 to $ 10.Angela had to__46__out whether the students would like to do that.
“I need all of you to help me,”she__47__to our group before school the next day.“Mr.Berry gave me a list of all the names,and suggested we ask each one their__48__about the band and the extra cost.”
__49__the day we asked around as Angela suggested,and wrote down people’s feelings about the band and the cost.We were amazed how much__50__there was for the band and everyone agreed to pay the extra $ 5.
“I’m surprised,”smiled Mr.Berry,when we gave him the__51__.“I really thought that only a few people__52__their band and that the cost would be too high.OK,Angela,your next__53__is to find a good band and line them up for the dance.”
Angela was all smiles and__54__the news to Amy and Daniel.“You’re__55__,”smiled Daniel to Angela as he thought how close they came to having a less than perfect dance.
36.A.shapes
B.dresses
C.flowers
D.pictures
D.progress
38.A.Besides
B.Otherwise C.However
D.Therefore39.A.new
B.live C.foreign
D.marching40.A.mean
D.believe
41.A.lead
42.A.good
43.A.look
B.behavior
44.A.schedule
B.situation C.view
D.action45.A.possibility
B.concern C.decision
D.chance46.A.call
47.A.admitted
B.replied C.apologized
D.announced48.A.knowledge
B.instruction C.opinion
D.information49.A.On
50.A.trust
C.support
51.A.results
B.notices C.questions
D.examples52.A.welcomed
B.wanted C.defended
D.invited53.A.task
B.business
C.exercise
54.A.showed
B.wrote C.broke
D.read55.A.amusing
B.interesting C.exciting
D.amazing第三部分 阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)
阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。
The iPhone,the iPad,the iPod:each of Apple’s products sounds cool and has become a fad(一时的风尚).Apple has cleverly taken advantage of the power of the letter “i”—and many other brands are following suit.The BBC’s iPlayer—which allows Web users to watch TV programs on the Internet—adopted the title in 2008.A lovely bear—popular in the US and UK—that plays music and video is called “iTeddy”.A slimmed-down version of London’s Independent newspaper was launched last week under the name “i”.
In general,single-letter prefixes(前缀) have been popular since the 1990s,when terms such as e-mail and e-commerce first came into use.
Most “i” products are targeted at young people and considering the major readers of Independent’s “i”,it’s no surprise that they’ve selected this fashionable name.
But it’s hard to see what’s so special about the letter “i”,why not use “a”,“b”,or “c” instead?According to Tony Thorne,head of the Language Center at King’s College,London,“i” works because its meaning has become ambiguous.When Apple uses “i”,no one knows whether it means Internet,information,individual or interactive,Thorne told BBC Magazines.“Even when Apple created the iPod,it seems it didn’t have one clear definition,” he says.
“However,thanks to Apple,the term is now associated with portability(轻便),” adds Thorne.
Clearly the letter “i” also agrees with the idea that the Western World is centered on the individual.Each person believes they have their own needs,and we love personalized products for this reason.
Along with “Google” and “blog”,readers of BBC Magazines voted “i” as one of the top 20 words that have come to define the last decade.
But as history shows,people grow tired of fads.From the 1900s to 1990s,products with “2000” in their names became fashionable as the year was associated with all things advanced and modern.However,as we entered the new century,the trend inevitably disappeared.
56.People use iPlayer to ________.
A.listen to music
B.make a call
C.watch TV programs online
D.read newspapers
57.The underlined word “ambiguous” means “______”.
A.popular
B.uncertain
C.definite
58.Nowadays,the “i” term often reminds people of the products which are ________.
A.portable
B.environmentally friendly
C.advanced
D.recyclable
59.The writer suggests that ________.
A.“i” products are often of a high quality
B.the popularity of “i” products may not last long
C.the letter “b” replaces letter “i” to name the products
D.iTeddy is a live bear
Personal computers and the Internet give people new choices about how to spend their time.
Some may use this freedom to share less time with certain friends or family members,but new technology will also let them stay in closer touch with those they care most about.I know this from personal experience.
E-mail makes it easy to work at home,which is where I now spend most weekends and evenings.My working hours aren’t necessarily much shorter than they once were but I spend fewer of them at the office.This lets me share more time with my young daughter than I might have if she’d been born before electronic mail became such a practical tool.
The Internet also makes it easy to share thoughts with a group of friends.Say you do something fun or see a great movie perhaps and there are four or five friends who might want to hear about it.If you call each one,you may tire of telling the story.
With e-mail,you just write one note about your experience,at your convenience,and address it to all the friends you think might be interested.They can read your message when they have time,and read only as they want to.They can reply at their convenience,and you can read what they have to say at your convenience.
E-mail is also an inexpensive way to stay in close touch with people who live far away.More than a few parents use e-mail to keep in touch,even daily touch,with their children at college.
We just have to keep in mind that computers and the Internet offer another way of staying in touch.They don’t take the place of any of the ways.
60.The purpose of this passage is to________.
A.explain how to use the Internet
B.describe the writer’s joy of keeping up with the latest technology
C.tell the value and usefulness of the Internet
D.introduce the readers to basic knowledge about personal computers and the Internet
61.The use of e-mail has made it possible for the writer to________.
A.spend less time working
B.have more free time with his child
C.work at home on weekends
D.work more comfortably
62.According to the writer,e-mail has an obvious advantage over the telephone because the former helps one________.
A.reach a group of people at one time conveniently
B.keep one’s communication as personal as possible
C.pass on much more information than the later
D.get in touch with one’s friends faster than the later
63.The best title for this passage is________.
A.Computer:New Technological Advances
B.Internet:New Tool to Maintain Good Friendship
C.Computers Have Made Life Easier
D.Internet:a Convenient Tool for Communication
Inventor Le Trung spent Christmas Day with the most important woman in his life—Aiko.The science talent enjoyed a wonderful dinner with his mum,dad and his £30,000 female robot,which he designed and built by hand.At home,Aiko helped cook the turkey and hang up decorations happily.“My mum and dad chat away to her after the meal.It helps by talking to her,as it improves her vocabulary,” said Le.
Aiko is “in her early 20’s”.The beauty is so lifelike with real silicone(硅树脂) skin and real-hair wig(假发) made by a Japanese doll company.She can speak 13,000 different sentences in two languages fluently—English and Japanese.She can recognize faces and say hello to anyone she has met.Her touch-sensitive body knows the difference between being touched gently and struck rudely.Like a real female she will react to being touched in certain ways.Better still,she is always helpful and never complains.Le even bought gifts for his dream girl.“Aiko is like any woman,and she enjoys getting new clothes,” he said.
Le once built his first robot when he was four.Later he devoted his life to creating the perfect robot,and his success so far with Aiko has won him worldwide attention.However,Le Trung still has one thing on his Christmas wish list for Aiko,mastering the problem of how to make her walk.He said,“It is the most difficult thing for any inventor to do.The problem is finding a way for Aiko to walk that looks human-like without influencing any of her other abilities.I have spent the last six months taking her apart and trying out lots of different systems,but I haven’t been able to get it right yet.”
Working on Aiko,Le has spent a lot of money.He said he would market clones as home helps for the elderly or people recovering from hospital treatment in the future.
64.Aiko did all the things on Christmas EXCEPT ________.
A.cleaning the house
B.decorating the house
C.talking with Le’s parents
D.cooking the Christmas meal
65.According to the passage,we can infer that Aiko ________.
A.may get old with age
B.can talk to the Canadians freely
C.spends a lot of money in daily life
D.will serve as a helper for old people
66.Le Trung treats Aiko as ________.
A.a machine
C.his girlfriend
D.a close friend
67.Which one is TRUE about Le’s creations?
A.The creation of Aiko made Le world-famous.
B.Most of Le’s creations show amazing intelligence.
C.Besides robots,Le created kinds of technique products.
D.Le’s first creation was finished when he was fourteen.
Five years ago,David Smith wore an expensive suit to work every day.“I was a clothes addict,” he jokes.“I used to carry a fresh suit to work with me so I could change if my clothes got wrinkled(皱的).”Today David wears casual clothes—khaki pants and a sports shirt—to the office.He hardly ever wears a necktie.“I’m working harder than ever,” David says,“and I need to feel comfortable.”
More and more companies are allowing their office workers to wear casual clothes to work.In the United States,the change from formal to casual office wear has been slow.In the early 1990s,many companies allowed their employees to wear casual clothes on Friday(but only on Friday).This became known as “dress-down Friday” or “casual Friday”.“What started out as an extra one-day-a-week benefit for workers has really become an everyday thing,”said business adviser Maisly Jones.
Why have so many companies started allowing their employees to wear casual clothes?One reason is that it’s easier for a company to attract new employees if it has a casual dress code.“A lot of young people don’t want to dress up for work,”says the owner of a software company,“so it’s hard to hire people if you have a conservative dress code.” Another reason is that people seem happier and more productive when they are wearing comfortable clothes.In a study conducted by Levi Strauss,85 percent of employers said that they believe that casual dress improves employees’ morale.Only 4 percent of employers said that casual dress has a negative impact on productivity.Supporters of casual office wear also argue that a casual dress code helps them save money.“Suits are expensive,if you have to wear one every day,” one person said.“For the same amount of money,you can buy a lot more casual clothes.”
68.David Smith refers to himself as having been “a clothes addict”,because________.
A.he often wore khaki pants and a sports shirt
B.he couldn’t stand a clean appearance
C.he wanted his clothes to look tidy and clean all the time
D.he didn’t want to spend much money on clothes
69.David Smith wears casual clothes now,because________.
A.they make him feel at ease when working
B.he cannot afford to buy expensive clothes
C.he looks handsome in casual clothes
D.he no longer works for any company
70.According to this passage,which of the following is FALSE?
A.Many employees don’t like a conservative dress code.
B.Comfortable clothes make workers more productive.
C.A casual clothes code is welcomed by young workers.
D.All the employers in the U.S. are for casual office wear.
71.According to this passage,which of the following is TRUE?
A.Company workers started to dress down about twenty years ago.
B.Dress-down has become an everyday phenomenon since the early 1990s.
C.“Dress-down Friday” was first given as a favor from employers.
D.Many workers want to wear casual clothes to impress people.
Mental and health experts believe personality plays an important part in how we experience stress.Personality is the way a person acts,feels and thinks.
Some people are aggressive and always in a hurry.They often become angry when things do not happen the way they planned.They are called “Type A” personalities.Studies suggest that these people often get stress-related disorders.The “Type B” personality is calmer.These people are able to deal with all kinds of situations more easily.As a result,they are less affected by stress.
Studies have also shown that men and women deal with stress differently.Women seem to be better able to deal with stress than men are.However,experts say women are three times more likely to develop depression in reaction to the stress in their lives.American writer John Gray became famous for his book,“Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus.” He notes that men and women have opposite ways of dealing with stress.For a man,the best way is to rest and forget about daily problems.But a woman suffering from stress needs to talk about her problems.
Experts say there are several ways to deal with stress,including deep breathing,exercise,eating healthy foods,getting enough rest and balancing the time spent in working and playing.Exercise is one of the most effective stress-reduction measures,as physical changes from exercise make you feel better.In addition,exercise can also improve the body’s defense system against disease.
Keeping stress to yourself can make problems worse.Experts say that expressing emotions to friends or family members or writing down your feelings can help reduce stress.And they also suggest that people should attempt to accept or change stressful situations whenever possible.
72.According to the experts,________.
A.people respond to stress quite differently
B.people make the same response to stress
C.unlike women,men tend to feel depressed more easily
D.personality has nothing to do with how we experience stress
73.Compared with “Type A” personalities,“Type B” personalities ________.
A.cause more troubles
B.are less able to cope with different situations
C.are more easily affected by stress
D.tend to solve problems more peacefully
74.By saying “Men are from Mars,Women are from Venus”,John Gray means that they _ _______.
A.experience emotions in a different way
B.cope with stress in a different way
C.suffer from stress in the similar way
D.develop stress in the opposite way
75.If you want to reduce your stress,you can ________.
A.take some exercise
B.keep it to yourself
C.remain silent
D.ignore the stressful situation
第四部分 写作(共两节,满分35分)
第一节 任务型读写(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
阅读下面短文,根据所读内容在表格中的空白处填入恰当的单词。
注意:每个空格只填一个单词。
Studying the human behavior is the only purpose of psychology.A number of theories have been created in psychology to understand the human behavior.One of these theories is the type A and type B personality theory.Every individual is different,and the type A and type B personality theory is based on this principle.In this theory,some major differences between two individuals are
studied.Type A and type B personality characteristics are contradictory to each other.
People having the type A personality are always in a hurry and impatient.Time urgency is seen clearly in their personality.They speak fast,they walk fast and they’re constantly aware of the running time.
Another peculiar type A personality trait is that they cannot put up with slow speaking people and they usually end up completing sentences for them.Other special characteristics of type A personality people are that they get upset over small things and get stressed easily.They have high ambitions and they can overcome competition to achieve their goals.
Type A people are said to have greater chances of suffering from hypertension(高血压) and heart diseases.This is obviously because they get stressed easily.So type A personalities need to calm down and stop being workaholics(工作狂).Meditation(冥想) and breathing exercises prove to be helpful for this personality type.
However,the type B personality people are mostly calm.They’re the ones who will start talking when they’re standing in a queue,and by the time their turn comes,they’ll have made friends.Type B personality people are also quite reflective.They’ll always be thinking about others’problems and always lend a helping hand.They’re hard-working,but they don’t mind losing.They don’t also get stressed easily,and if ever they become stressed,they usually become more productive.Just because of their happy-go-lucky nature,type B personalities face few health problems.
Whether you’re personality type A or B,it doesn’t matter,as everyone has a unique personality and each one of us should maintain it.
Title Type A and type B personality theory
76.________ To understand the human behavior by studying the differences between individuals.
77.________ Every individual is different.
About type A personality Charact- eristics ?Be always hurried and 78.________. ?Speak fast,walk fast and constantly know the running time. ?Be unable to 79.________ slow speaking people. ?Get upset over small things and get stressed easily. ?Be very 80.________ and able to overcome competition.
81.______ Be more likely to suffer from hypertension and heart diseases.
Tips ?Calm down and stop being workaholics. ?Use meditation and82.________ exercises.
About type B personality Charact-eristics ?Be mostly calm. ?Be quite 83.________. ?Always think about others’ problems and 84.________ others. ?Work hard but don’t mind 85.________. Become more productive if ever they become stressed.
Advan-tages Face few health problems due to their happy-go-lucky nature.
第二节 书面表达(满分25分)
随着时代的发展,人们的阅读方式也在逐渐改变,越来越多的人喜欢使用手机或互联网来进行日常阅读。请根据下表所提示的信息,用英语写一篇短文发到你的博客上。
电子阅读方式的优点 电子阅读方式的缺点
1.方便快捷
2.信息量大
3.节省纸张 1.不利于培养良好的阅读习惯
2.不利于身体健康
3.影响视力
你的看法……
注意:词数120左右。
W:Paul,do you remember Jessica’s birthday?
M:Yeah.It’s the day before Teachers’ Day.
M:Jane,do you still live in the China Great Hotel?
W:Oh,I forget to tell you that we moved to the Hilton last week.
M:Helen,I am going to take my son to the zoo tomorrow morning;Would you like to go with us?
W:I’d like to,but the weather report says it’ll snow heavily tomorrow.
M:Excuse me,Madam.Can I take Bus 105 to the railway station?
W:Sorry,I am also new here.Maybe you can ask someone else.
W:Sir,can I come in now?
M:Sorry,lady.I am afraid that you have to wait half an hour for our business hours that are from 8∶30 am to 5∶30 pm.
M:How are you,Mrs.Brandon?
W:Pretty good.How are you doing?
M:Not so good.I lost my job today.
W:I’m sorry to hear that.
M:How are your students doing?
W:They are very nervous about their final test.
M:I remember you gave our class a hard final test in my first year of college.Many of us failed.But I really learned a lot from you.You see,I can speak very good English.
W:Thank you for saying so.
M:Hello.This is Mike.Who is it,please?
W:Oh,Mike.This is Amy.My goodness!I’ve at last got hold of you.
M:Nice to hear from you again after all these years.What have you been doing?
W:Well,I’ve tried many things since leaving school.I’m now working for a food processing company,in charge of sales.So I travel a lot.
M:Oh,that’s great.You must really enjoy it.
W:Oh,I do.Yeah,it’s interesting,but it’s quite tiring.But,hmm...What about you,Mike?
M:I work in a law firm,practicing in business law.
W:Oh,that’s challenging.
M:Yeah,but I like my job.
W:Good morning.This is Shanghai Car Rental.
M:Good morning,Miss.A friend of mine suggested I call you to hire a car.
W:Oh,yes.A lot of people do this these days.
M:Yes,we are just on holiday here for a few days and they said it would be a good idea to hire a car to get around the city.
W:Well,it certainly is.What kind of car do you want to hire?
M:What can you suggest?
W:We have a variety of choice,such as Xiali,which is the cheapest,200 yuan a day,Citroen,Jetta,Elysee,but Santana sedans are the big favorite these days.
M:How much if I hire a Santana for three days?
W:Oh,that will be 1,200 yuan.
M:Ah,it sounds a bit too expensive.What about a Jetta?
W:It will be 300 yuan a day.
M:Then I’d better hire a Jetta tomorrow morning;would there be any problem?
W:No problem at all.Now let me take down your name and telephone number.
W:Hi,Mr.Smith.I’m Dr.West.Why are you here today?
M:Well,maybe I’d better have a check-up.
W:OK.When did you last have a check-up?
M:Six years ago.I don’t think there’s a need to see a doctor if I feel well.
W:Well,but remember that some illnesses are not so obvious.It may be too late when you realize it.Many people have a check-up once a year.You’d better have a check-up at least once every two years for your own good.
W:Now,let me examine you.Er...There’s nothing wrong with your eyes or ears.Do you smoke,Mr.Smith?
M:Yes,since years ago.
W:I suggest you give up smoking.It’s the major cause of lung cancer and heart disease.
M:I know.But it’s difficult for me to stop smoking.I’m used to smoking two packs of cigarettes every day.
W:Well,maybe I can offer you some help if you really want to give it up.
M:OK.Thanks,Doctor.
M:Hello,Mrs.White.I’m a high school student and I want to get a job in the summer vacation.Would you please give me some advice on finding a summer job?
W:Well,to find a summer job,students over 15 should take the following steps.The first step is to decide on the summer job you want,like the type of job,the place,the hours and the pay.You may not be able to find a job that meets all your needs.The second step is to find out about your own abilities.What skills do you have?What have you learned at school that might be useful for your summer job?The third step is to use all your relations to get that job.Talk with your parents and teachers and ask them if they have any connection with the company offering the job.The fourth step is to read “wanted” ads in newspapers.The fifth step is to apply for the job that interests you.Make sure you have all the information you need to complete your self-introduction.The sixth step is to have an interview for the job.Make sure you know something about the company and prepare answers to the common interview questions.
21.D 22.A 23.C 24.A 25.B 26.A 27.B 28.C
29.B 30.C 31.C 32.C 33.D 34.A 35.C 36.B 37.A 38.C 39.B 40.D 41.C 42.A 43.D 44.B 45.A 46.B 47.D 48.C 49.D 50.C 51.A 52.B 53.A 54.C 55.D 56.C 57.B 58.A 59.B 60.C 61.B 62.A 63.D 64.A 65.B 66.C 67.A 68.C 69.A 70.D 71.C 72.A 73.D 74.B 75.A 76.Purpose 77.Principle 78.impatient 79.tolerate/bear/stand 80.ambitious 81.Disadvantages 82.breathing 83.reflective 84.help 85.losing
Nowadays more people choose to read on their mobile phones or computers.E-reading has become a popular way of reading,especially among young people.
E-reading is much more convenient than traditional reading.You can read at any time or place if you like.Also,you can scan a lot of information on the Internet.More importantly,it can save paper,thus protecting our forest resources.
Despite the advantages of e-reading,there are also some disadvantages.Firstly,e-reading does not help to develop good reading habits.Because there is so much information,it is hard to do deep reading.Secondly,the radiation of electronic devices will do harm to our health.Thirdly,if you stare at screens for a long time,your eyesight will be damaged.
In my view,everything has its advantages and disadvantages.Whether these advantages outweigh the disadvantages depends on what you want to achieve.
版权所有:中华资源库}

我要回帖

更多关于 you should try 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信