neverendinghold住是什么意思思

a dream of you
博客_一个人的浅唱低吟_百度空间 ...
X-Perience 这样的经历
A neverending dream 一个永无休止的梦
a dream of you 这个梦,是关于你 ...
基于4个网页-
求翻译:按实况 是什么意思? ...
邓慧文我爱你,一直到死决不改变. >> Deng Huiwen I love you, all the way to death will not change.
梦到你 >> A dream of you
何必勉强 >> Why force ...
基于3个网页-
Wash away a dream of you , But nothing else could ever take you away , cause you'll alway be my .
它冲走了一个关于你的梦,但是无论发生什么都无法将你带走,因为你将永远只属于我一个人。
There have been a dream of you what color it? Do you know the color of your dreams you have any omen?
你的梦曾经出现过什么颜色呢?你知道你梦中的颜色有什么预兆吗?
Qiaozhao cold night meditations on the keyboard, only to the release of a mood, and still let me forget that the situation in Qingqiao hint of a dream of you.
夜里静静的敲着冷冷的键盘,只是为了释放一个心绪,依然让我难以忘记,那风云里的一抹清愁,一个梦里的你。
You really have, therefore, for in some way the first time in history, a dream of making all of his empire basically universal, a dream of a universal vision, for one world, under one kind of culture, one kind of language.
因此某种程度上说,这是历史上第一次出现,梦想建立统一的帝国,同一个世界的愿景,同一种文化,同一种语言。
Dr. King obviously had a dream of justice and equality in our society, but he also had a dream of service, that you could be a drum major for service, that you could lead by giving back to our communities.
It has a magnificent atmosphere, the kind you dream of when you are a young player.
Dream on--you'll get a lot of investors to dream with you.
点击关注有道词典
$firstVoiceSent
- 来自原声例句
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!
请问您想要如何调整此模块?
感谢您的反馈,我们会尽快进行适当修改!to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Languages:
Full Audio
Portuguese-Brazil
Simplified Chinese
Traditional Chinese
Includes 4 Steam Achievements
Title: Neverending Nightmares
Genre: , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 26 Sep, 2014
Buy Neverending Nightmares
“Neverending Nightmares falls into the must-play section of the horror genre. Whether or not you find it scary, you’ll definitely be disturbed and intrigued as you seek resolution to the madness.”
4.5/5 –
“Neverending Nightmares is an excellent display of psychological horror that is as thought-provoking as it is terrifying.”
4.5/5 –
“By the time I was done with Neverending Nightmares, not only did I have a great scary time, I felt like I understood a little bit of what Gilgenbach and others struggling with the illness feel on a daily basis. Make no mistake, it's still a horror game first and foremost, but that extra little bit of dark knowledge is unsettling. The terror feels more real, more concrete, than any other horror game I've played in recent memory.”
7/10 –
About This Game
Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game inspired by the developer's actual battle with mental illness. In the game, you take on the role of Thomas who awakens from a terrible nightmare only to find that he is still dreaming. As he descends deeper through the layers of hellish dreamscapes, he must hide from horrifying apparitions and outrun his inner demons. He must discover which of the horrors he encounters are a manifestation of his own psychological state and figure out what reality will be when he finally wakes up.
Terrifying nightmare worlds inspired by real life struggles with OCD and depression.
Black and white artwork creates a distinctive moody and dark atmosphere.
Branching narrative features 3 completely different endings.
A dynamic lighting system gives the ever present darkness a character of its own.
IGF nominated composer Skyler McGlothlin delivers a haunting and oppressive dark ambient score.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: 1.7GHz Intel/AMD CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL 2.0 compliant video card
Storage: 500 MB available space
Minimum:
Minimum:
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Mostly Positive
(24 reviews)
Mostly Positive
(1,461 reviews)
Just buy it. I feel kinda terrible that i bought this on an offer. It's an awesome experience. I cried so much. You can't consider things such as &is it worth?&. Yes? It's absolutely worth it. Why? Because it 'll teach you some things and there is no cost for such unique experiences.P.S. Sorry for my english.
This game was *great!* It thoroughly delivered on the scares. The jump s even when I was expecting one to pop up, it still managed to get a yelp out of me. The
the art style and music really helped add a feeling of dread. The sound effects got very repetitive towards the end, the one of the woman crying started driving me crazy. The psychology behind it was also great! Like the creator, I live with mental illness and I identified with a lot of the emotion and struggle behind it. There aren't many puzzles and the gameplay is minimal, but it's more about the atmosphere than about the gameplay with a game like this in my opinion. All in all, though, this game delivered on the scares, and that's what I bought it for. 7/10.
2 hours of the nothing-interesting-gameplay and the game is over...doesn't even be compared to the games like Outlast, latest Alien, Doom 3-4.well the sound is sometimes not so bad. but that's all.
A walking simulator with little substance, poor atmosphere, bland characters, and a forgettable story. I'm really disappointed, because the visual style is very sharp and would serve a stronger game well.Also lol the dev gave themselves a positive review to try and sell the game. Not cool.
I absolutely loved this game. The graphics are awesome and they make the game very eery. The sound in this game is creepy. The story line awesome. I hope the company that made this game makes more like this. This is like nothing I have every played before. I highly reccomend this game.
When I downloaded this game and tried to play it my entire screen went dark but when I turn off my computer and turn it back on it worked but I shouldn't have to do that.
You play as an asthmatic boy at Hogwards and there are spook skeletons everywhere.spoops / 10
God this was boring as hell!This game is more like a walking simulator than anything else. Problem is, almost no story is told all along. No need to say that this should be the key element of these kind of games. Instead the devs just relied on terribly obnoxious and uninspired game mechanics... After only 30 minutes, I stopped caring about anything that was happening and this became a chore I indulged myself in, because I knew this was a very short experience and I was wondering how this would end (really not very good either). If it wasn't for the interesting artstyle and the pretty alright sound design, I would have stopped right away.Total waste of potential. And considering the asking price of 15 bucks, it's hard to not feel a little bit ripped off.
good game u can buy it. Different endings is also good variety.
14 people found this review funny
*Disclaimer: I am the developer of the game, so take my review worth a grain of salt*That being said, I thought it'd be helpful to use the review system to speak candidly about the game. Hopefully people find it helpful. This isn't a typical horror game. It's not about startling you with jump scares. It's about creating a tense and oppressive atmosphere that mirrors my experience with mental illness. It's not very game-y. Some may describe it as a &walking simulator&. While it is true the main mechanics are walking, this was a deliberate design choice. The game is about disempowerment and vulnerability, which is important to creating a horror experience. To further the vulnerability, the main character has asthma. That means he can't run very far without stopping to get his breath, and we use the stamina to create tense situations.We wanted to create a focus on immersion. That's why there is no UI, hud, or traditional game mechanics. We want you to forget you are playing a game and get lost in our nightmare-scapes. It's not very long. A playthrough to one ending is between 1.5 and 2 hours. However, we have 3 different endings with unique content leading up to them, so I would recommend playing all nightmares. That will add another hour or two to your playtime.Will you like this game? That really depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a unique take a horror with thick atmosphere, then I think you'll love what we are offering. If you are turned off by short games or ones without a lot of challenge, then this may not be the game for you. It's tough to make a game that appeals to everyone, but I think we've created a special game that a lot of people will really love.Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the game! :)
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
Full disclosure: review copy provided by developer/publisher!“Neverending Nightmares” is one of the more aptly named titles for a game on Steam (y'know, besides &Shannon Tweeds Attack of the Groupies&), because that is exactly what will plague you upon playing it: never-ending nightmares. This is bleak, brutal, and brief – like every good horror should be.As Thomas you wake up from a nightmare... only to realize that you're still asleep, still dreaming. And like a Freudian Dante you'll make your descent down the increasingly bizarre and menacing circles of your inner Hell searching for your Beatrice... of sorts. The world is sketched starkly and wildly in black and white (like a schizophrenic's scribblings) with the occasional accent of blood red and sickly yellow to mark manipulable objects and pretty much every childhood fear, irrational or otherwise, you still foster in your beating heart: darkness, gore, claustrophobia, self-harm, asylums, creepy porcelain-skinned, raven-haired girls, dolls... it touches on them all. ????ing dolls. ????ing dolls and raven-haired girls, man. Some people are afraid of heights. Some people are afraid of clowns. I'm afraid of dolls and women with black hair and fair complexions. And if you aren't, you will be.The atmosphere is thick in this one. As you progress slowly from room to room and area to area, the game will do its damnedest to put you on edge. China will crash to the floor with no prompting, birds slam into windows with suicidal intent, and shadowy figures dissipate as you draw close. Then the tension will ease off, and your guard will be lowered. That's when the game will hit you. And it will hit you relentlessly. As I've said, this will touch on all your creeping nightmares... and perhaps some new ones will blossom. How great for you! “Neverending Nightmares” utilizes its jumpscares effectively. While they are numerous, they're only as scary as the atmosphere allows and let me tell you, it abides.According to the “About This Game” section, “Neverending Nightmares” is in part inspired by a developer's own struggle with mental illness. And that absolutely comes across in the game. The jarring, not-initially-clear story, the imagined monsters... the soft, distorted, plinky music and “mental ward sketching” look of the art... it feels very personal. And the game benefits from it. This is a man's soul laid bare, complete with an intimate, artistic peephole into his troubled mind. It gives the game character. More importantly, it makes it that much more terrifying and tangible.“Neverending Nightmares” doesn't overstay its welcome, keeping it fresh and frightening. And with the divergent endings you'll likely get some replayability, but don't expect to revisit this one over and over as it's fairly linear. It isn't all that challenging either, though that isn't why I play horrors. I play them to have a story told to me... a story told to me by an unspeakable horror that has me bound to a chair in basement with a lone, swinging light bulb above my head. And it's on the fritz. “Neverending Nightmares” is one of the better ways to ring in a new spooktastic October.
Was this review helpful?
While I really enjoyed this game I do think it's good to know what you are getting into as this game is not for everybody. I've seen some reviews and comments where people complain this game is both short and has very little real game-elements. Both of which are true. So if you are looking for an action packed lengthy horror-game, this might not be the best choice for you. If you however enjoy atmosphere and an 'experiance' this is really worth picking up.Neverending Nightmares is more like games such as Dear Esther, Gone Home or even Journey. It's not really the gameplay or the length. It's all about being sucked into an experiance and the atmosphere being presented to you. It's still very different from those games however. For one this is a really disturbing exeriance, it's a horror game after all. It does have some mild puzzle solving (how to avoid some enemies). The main thing is the visual style. The art, both graphically and sound make this game and this experiance.Knowing that you are going through things in the game based on the real nightmares the developer experianced being clincally depressed also helps to better understand the game. You aren't playing it for the sake of playing it as a video-game. This is experiancing the night-terrors of another real humanbeing.Minor downpoints is that you sometimes do have to walk a lot before something new happens. I understand it's building tension, but sometimes a few less rooms would have helped. Ironically, the game might have been better if it has been slightly shorter in that sense.Your sense of 'dread' also depends on the imagery, sound effects and jump scares. You quickly learn that death doesn't really impact. Which I do find a good desission. It's not about avoiding death, it's about the atmosphere. By the end however I could predict there an enemy encounter would probably happen as a bedroom was also nearby (if you 'die'
you awake in the closest bedroom). All in all I highly recommend this game and hold it in high regard. But know it's not a game for everybody.
Was this review helpful?
7 people found this review funny
Was very keen to try this one... (Watch out people, another long one. This one’s slightly personal).…for a few key reasons!In its description it reads “Neverending Nightmares is a psychological horror game inspired by the developer's actual battle with mental illness.”, “Nightmare worlds inspired by real life struggles with OCD and depression”. Which are all points of interest for me. I really enjoy psychology and I have had more than my fair share of mental illness myself in much of the same respects. Being someone who has also had experiences with depression and night terrors, it was almost personal to me. I had to try this game. I’ve read very mixed reviews on this. Some love it, others think that it’s not a horror, not scary or compelling enough to play because of its “Walking Simulator” qualities. Which I’d have to say is true to certain extents, there is quite a bit of walking, but the nature of this game is not the norm. This isn’t a typical horror game. I’d say this is more of an experience then a horror game. At least that is the way that it comes across to me.I was very interested to see what kind of stuff would come up in this from what it’s based on. The difficult thing with dreams and nightmares is you can show and tell someone what happened, but you can’t always bring across the emotions, how you felt and the general tone and atmosphere of the dream for that very reason. An example being that I have a phobia (or Phonophobia to be more precise), an irrational fear, which I could try to explain to someone, but ultimately they’ll never understand the real feeling of having this overwhelming fear for something even you know is absolutely ridiculous.(This is where it gets personal, skip this section if you frankly couldn’t give a rat’s ????.)The one thing this game brought back from the back junk filed caverns of my brain was an experience I had. I would wake up (still dreaming) in my room, and the tiniest little detail would be out of place. Whatever was out of place would “clue” as to what phobia I had developed in that particular dream. If I didn’t figure it out in time, I’d be killed. By something relating to the phobia I had just developed. For example, an out of place poster on my wall that advertised Claustrophobia. I didn’t recognise it in time, a TV turned on in my room and it showed rows upon rows of beds, pairs of which that were opposite each other would slowly move toward another, then slam together face to face. Crushing the people inside. Starting from the furthest away and working its way to me I had to force myself to “wake up”. Only to wake up in my room again, a new slightly different oddity in my room, a new clue and a new phobia. This happened what felt like hundreds of times. Safe to say when I finally woke up for real I was sat on my bed examining my room for something out of place like a true maniac. That experience being what this game reminded me of. It’s not the exact same, but it definitely rang a few bells.I am beyond a pansy when it comes to scary games and I was able to play this without stopping, hiding behind something and absolutely dreading moving forward like I have with traditional horror games. It’s gory, but it’s not particularly scary. Don’t get me wrong, this game builds tension and suspense and really had me and my heart rate going at times, but I don’t play many horrors games because of how big of a baby I am. If it couldn’t get my of all people’s jimmies truly rustling, I doubt it will for you.Gameplay wise, you walk, you avoid and you run. There isn’t much to it, but where it lacks in gameplay it makes up in other aspects. The art style and use of colour is wonderful. Things that are coloured can be interacted with. A lot of things you can interest I was honestly curious as to what the significance of. Maybe they are just there for curiosities sake? Some are items you can use but most are just little things in the scene to get a closer look. The settings are interesting and at times almost labyrinth like. I was torn between feeling like it was linear and I was on the right path and feeling like I was going in circles and was completely lost. It definitely added to the game. Wasn’t at all frustrating for me. Finally, story. I’m not sure I would go as far as saying there is a story given the nature of nightmares. But you can tell there is definitely a recurring theme. Which is interesting! Made me wonder. This is definitely one of those games I would actually be interested in hearing the developer talk about. All in all (thank god it’s over, right?) this is a great little indie game. I enjoyed it!It’s an interesting experience and it’s a pretty easy 100% which is always a nice bonus!TL;DR : (Don’t blame you) You walk a lot and gameplay wise you don’t do much. But it makes up with that with a wonderful art style and an interesting theme/story. It’s an easy 100% and I think it’s definitely worth a try. Especially if you like this psychology hoop-la, like I do!
Was this review helpful?
5 people found this review funny
Neverending Nightmares, in my opinion, isn't all that great.It's got an interesting art style, the audio is good, there's a few interesting ideas... But there's not too much more for me to say. Gameplay is... Okay, if not super simple. Mainly just walking left or right, looking for an item, some enemy avoidance or running from enemies in places, going back and forth to and fro. And that'd even be okay... But the story completely lets itself down. Playing it, I knew it was going to be a game that would be made or broken by its story, and it just does not deliver. It has all this mystery, surrealism, themes, and absolutely no pay-off. I don't want to say too much, but the game has three-endings, and not the good multiple ending kind. Basically, there's no real meaning to anything as the endings suggest different potential 'answers', and with that, are the most cliche-horror answers you could think of.It's not terrible, worth it if interested, and there are some good scares (many front-loaded) and moments, but there's just not enough there, and what is there isn't backed up by a complete vision to be a worthwhile experience. Pieces of it are good and interesting, but let down by simplified, repetitive gameplay, and an uninteresting, cliched open-ended narrative.
Was this review helpful?
The greatest and most effective aspect of horror is the tension and the atmosphere, the feeling of creeping unknown terror that lurks around each corner ahead, the mysterious buzzing sounds of some vile machine sprinkled with the curious moanings of what one could only guess are tortured souls. When it comes to horror, it's hardly ever the execution of cheap scares or the appearance of the actual monster that are scary or make the experience, but the thick and heavy atmosphere and the suspense that it builds in you throughout the journey and this is exactly where Neverending Nightmares excels above and beyond everything I have come to expect from the horror genre.Neverending Nightmares tells its chilling story of endless terror in the heart of a young boy through brilliantly gritty black and white artwork that evokes a strong nostalgia in me for the works of Edward Gorey, and the influence is obviously strong both in visuals and narrative content. This mysterious story of a troubled young protagonist shows a deep connection between him and his sister, and yet he seems to be so alone, so isolated in this nightmare realm. The effects of prolonged solitude and isolation from the rest of the world can bring about these strange and hard to manage feelings of anxiety or OCD, and it creates a feeling of fear and distrust towards the few humans that are close to the inflicted. We see this fear in the protagonist and his close relationship with his sister as his visions slowly distort the image of this caring force in his life into someone who doesn't even recognize who he is.The title screen alone gives a foreboding and chilling effect as the eerie sounding notes of a piano descend peculiarly in the same way the player will descend into progressively bizarre and terrifying realms of what seems to be the characters own mind. Deeper into the hauntings of your nightmares you will journey, waking up over and over again only to find yourself in an even more terrifying nightmare than the last like some kind of harrowing metaphor for the day-to-day dealings of those who suffer from mental health issues.With each passing of these horrible nights that seem to be a dream or vision our protagonist awakens back in his bed suddenly, gasping for air and trying to put together the pieces of what he saw. Each time you awaken startled out from your slumber your environments change and the place you once called home slowly evolves into something hellish and terrifying. More and more with each damning vision your surroundings become enshrouded with antique oddities and bizzare, grotesque imagery.I'm not the biggest fan of horror, not because I get scared easily but because blood and gore never really do it for me. I was kinda exposed to a lot of violent entertainment as a kid unfortunately and saw a lot of thriller and slasher flicks and such at probably too early an age.
I became totally desensitized to shock values in horror. This game, though.. This effects me in ways I can't really explain, and wouldn't feel comfortable explaining because it really hits home with issues I've had dealing with insomnia and anxiety at a younger age although clearly not as extreme as what the developer, who states that his own real life experiences were a huge influence on the game, has been through. The point, either way, seems to be that mental health, no matter how small or severe, is a real issue that needs to be looked at more seriously especially in the gaming world.Despite the very sparse dialogue the characters are given incredible authentic personality through the emotions they portray throughout the game. The sound design is the best I've heard in a horror game and recommends you use headphones, I can see exactly why and would absolutely recommend it now as well. The effects all come at you from every direction and make you feel like footsteps accompanied by the rattling of chains are closing in behind and faint whispering can be heard as you step deeper into dark basements, the atmosphere is so thick and heavy that I find myself stopping to catch my breath and gather my thoughts.Still, after a couple playthroughs and seeing half of the endings I am left with so many question on what exactly our main character is going through. What causes him to see some of these visions, particularly of the cruel happenings between him and his sister? Which of these events are reality, and which are merely a figment of his paranoid and anxious mind? This is a story I will revisit and contemplate many times, and it's a story I'll be determined to show everyone I know with or without an interest in the subject matter of mental health. Neverending Nightmares manages to be genuinely terrifying and surpasses even the most realistic 3D horror experiences on PC simply through the usage of skin-tingling atmosphere and an art style that won't soon be forgotten.
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
Faulty's scorecard :-1) Essential purchase2) Recommended purchase3) Recommended purchase during a sale4) Not recommended unless heavily discounted5) Not even recommended for Steam game collectorsWakey Wakey!Neverending Nightmares by Infinitap Games takes on the horrors of mental illness through the clever usage of a young man/boy stuck in an endless cycle of nightmarish dreams and one has to applaud Matt Gilgenbach for taking on such personal demons publicly. Having suffered myself many years back from severe depression, at one point not even being able to get myself out of bed and constantly being close to tears, Neverending Nightmares was instantly recognizable.
Having had to learn to build strong defenses and coping mechanisms as a means to claw my way out of my own &well of darkness&, I tip my hat in the direction of Matt Gilgenbach and hope that making the game was as cathartic in confronting those personal demons as it was to play it.2014 has been an incredible year for the Indie scene. With games like Shovel K The Vanishing of Ethan C Divintiy: Original S B J The F NaissanceE; Gods Will Be W Always Sometimes M Octodad: Dadliest C C Ether O Among The S The Long D Crypt of the Necrodancer and Endless Legend all giving most major publishing and development houses a run for their money you can now add Neverending Nightmares to that ever-growing, esteemed and essential, I must add, list. It has never been a better time than now to be a PC gamer and much like the indie movie scene takes on stories that are far more smaller in scope but more personal and thought provoking when juxtaposed against the bombastic and soulless cotton-wool fluff of their Hollywood counterparts, the indie gaming scene has exploded this year with challenging and often personal projects that aren't being driven out to make a quick buck but instead challenge and engage their audiences. This fabulous year for gaming has seen the Indies take on Horror, Comedy, Strategy, Homages. Simulations and Adventures with the keen eye of an artist reaching for the highest hanging fruit from the tree upon which to base his/her canvass.Neverending Nightmares starts with a decent into a hellish dreamscape and just like a spiraling staircase its added layers become almost serpentine as each dream begins to double-back on itself
the further you delve into its dark embrace. While some have dismissed the game as a &Walking Simulator&, I fear they have missed the point entirely. This is a game about confronting your demons, not about engaging with them in blazing battles of attrition. Even without the flashy, almost photo-realistic graphics that accompany most horror these days, Neverending Nightmares manages to outdo most of them and is more terrifying than anything The Evil Within (after having played both games side by side) could dream up because it comes from a dark and deeply personal space that no fantastically, phantasmagorical horror could ever fill. Most of this is down to the disturbing imagery and fantastic sound design by Robin Arnott which has resulted in one of the most immersive and terrifying audio landscapes for a game I have heard yet. The game recommends that you play with the headphones cranked up and if this were a movie it would most certainly be clinching the Academy Award for Sound Design come awards season.While the game may be light on exposition it leaves the players to fill in the blanks when confronted with some of the games more grotesque and disturbing imagery. Neverending Nightmares is not a game that is going to spell it out for you and will require some analysis on your part just like the best of dreams get mulled over for their possible meanings. If I do have a slight complaint it is that some of the nightmares go on and on and tend to drag a bit reducing their shock value when their abrupt ending arrives.Neverending Nightmares is a dark psychological journey into the realm of a damaged human psyche and will often leave your blood running cold and your heart racing. I can't say everyone is going to enjoy the experience though. This is an adult game taking risks with uncomfortable and disturbing themes and for that I give it my highest of recommendations. Don't go in expecting an Outlast or Amnesia kind of experience, although the game does provided ample jump scare moments, as Neverending Nightmares is more cerebal horror. If your are brave enough and up for the challenge go grab it now while it's hot!If you enjoyed reading this review please follow my curator group at:-
Was this review helpful?
6 people found this review funny
Neverending Nightmares feels so confident in its disturbed vision, until it comes time to actually say something.The opening is fantastically unsettling, agitated hand draw artwork clashing with splashes of unexplainable depravity in a way that’s captivating in its skill at disorienting and frightening the player. It alludes to great things in Neverending Nightmares’ the idea that this might be a horror game which actually means something, pulling terror from the traumatic experiences of its developer and in doing so making it apparent to others how hard it is to live with them.But despite what Neverending Nightmares wants to be, what it comes so close to being in its strongest moments, it lacks a deep enough understanding of itself to be able to fully accomplish it. Its effort is impressive and commendable, but its failure to completely reject the conventions of its less inspired horror peers caused me to feel uncertain what exactly Neverending Nightmares hoped to achieve, as well as call into question its ability to do so.Neverending Nightmares essentially works on two stages. There is the build up to a pivotal scene – slow nervous walks through dark corridors, dread hanging in the air over things hiding in the shadows – and then there is the climax of you current loop, in which you come face to face with whatever horrific abomination or memory has been haunting you. In this formula Neverending Nightmares is fairly comfortable and for a while succeeds in balancing the level of tension with due time for it to grow and dissipate, but somewhere around halfway through it introduces a third disrupting stage, that being terrifying abominations which can hunt and kill you long before you’ve made it to the next leg of your journey.I don’t wish to imply that I think death and repetition is unusual or an instant fowl for horror games in general, as when used properly it can elevate the terror by keeping you feeling vulnerable and on edge. Neverending Nightmares doesn’t fit into this genre the way many of its contemporaries do however, and through almost every aspect of its design is unprepared to have you need deal with threats in any meaningful way. Your ability to interact with the world is almost solely reserved to opening doors and occasionally picking up a key item, which leaves avoidance as your only means of moving forward when something more deadly is in your way. Except, nothing about Neverending Nightmares feels as if it was built to allow you to hide or quickly move the way you need to for this style of play to work. Its solution then is to create monsters nearly as incapable as yourself, but in doing so it disrupts the authenticity of its world and creates an awkward hurdle for you to constantly crawl over.Once the limitations of your enemies become clear, getting past them is little more than a chore. Being unable to follow you past the room they exist in means any threat is only that for as long as it takes you to walk to the next door, and in many cases enemies won’t even see you if you’re slightly higher or lower on the screen than them (though the game is 2D you can still move slightly up and down on that plane). Their necessarily predictable movement patterns serve as the final knock to any sense of place Neverending Nightmares may have had, leaving it a bundle of transparent design conventions which grind noisily against each other as the game struggles to hold onto an identity fast slipping away.By the end however it wouldn’t have mattered if Neverending Nightmares had found a way to make its mechanical insides work together, because it isn’t working toward any end worth arriving at. The scattered plot becomes more threadbare and contradictory as it goes on, fabricating confusing imagery and dialogue for the sake of actual progression. In the end it settles for tired, hastily wrapped up clichés which gave little closure and felt more bizarre and unfocused than anything Neverending Nightmares had showed me thus far. It felt like too little too late, a tame closure to a game that moments prior was assaulting me with nauseatingly continual depictions of a woman being mutilated, hung up like a slab of meat, and thrown from a window into a crumbled mess of limbs. There is a lot of messed up stuff in Neverending Nightmares, but these final scenes were the only time it really got to me, because it felt gratuitous and pointless in a way that everything else had not.I’m as much disappointed with Neverending Nightmares being a dull and uninteresting horror game, as I am with it failing to live up to its potential of being something more than just an excuse to get freaked out. With so much trashy, exploitative horror with no goal at being anything but that, Neverending Nightmares seemed to want to do something more, delving into the real psychological horror
of its developer and wrapping it up in a distinct visual style that all hinted at this being a project trying to do something different. I can’t say Neverending Nightmares didn’t try, but somehow that only caused it to fall further down the well of tired horror traditions.You can read more of my writing on .
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
Dammit, I hate that I didn't enjoy this game more.
The graphics and sounds are superb, and every minute of it is genuinely creepy and nightmarish.
The problem is that it's incredibly tedious and feels pointless after a while.The &gameplay& is just walking (VERY slowly) through a house where, despite becoming increasingly surreal and disturbing, the scenery is too repetitive.
Oh, and occasionally trying to avoid encounters with passing creatures, which is just about my least favorite thing to do in a video game.
It just gets to be so dull.
And sadly, I think this repetition was totally intentional, a &his nightmare is OUR nightmare& feeling of being stuck in a desperate place and unable to escape.
It just fails at this, badly, as the game becomes unbearably boring.By the time I reached one of the endings, I was SO ready for it to be over, despite the game's short length.
I have no intention of replaying to experience the other endings, especially since they require plodding through the asylum scene again, which is the most tedious part of the game.I started out loving the game, but when boredom set in, it hit hard.
Also, it's overpriced.
A game that can be finished in a couple hours should cost 4 or 5 bucks.
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
What Neverending Nightmare does right:+ Amazing black and white style,+ Tension filled sounds and monsters that really give a creepy atmosphere.+ Great concept with a storyline that will keep you unnerved and guessing.What Neverending Nightmare does wrong, and is enough of a reason to only watch it played and not buy it.- Gameplay is nothing short of slow walking.- Very little to interact with.- Painfully short, I completed the game in 1.4 hours.- A joke of a pricetag for its limited length.- Little incentive to discover alternate endings.Neverending Nightmares is a game that had a lot of potentional, and is one of those games you really want to love, until you get bored of the constant slow walking, little development in the characters and storeline, and realise the game is far too short.This is a great example of blown potential, and I wish I could get a refund.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website}

我要回帖

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信