I heard 3hreevoices吧 in t...

When we read something silently we are, essentially, saying it to ourselves in our internal monologue. Psychology researchers at Britain's University of Nottingham wanted to know whether the voice that reads in our heads matches the voice that we read aloud in. In other words, does your internal monologue have an accent?
It's an interesting question. Although you might think it's a given, previous studies have suggested that the voice you speak with and the voice you think with. This newer study, , found the opposite&that there is at least some level of match between audible and silent pronunciation.
What I really like, though, is how they constructed the study. After all, you can't just ask people how they pronounce words in their heads. Like the question of whether you say "soda" or "pop" or "coke", once you start thinking about it hard enough to answer, you suddenly lose all ability to know what you do when you aren't paying attention. (Note: That soda/pop thing hasn't actually been scientifically demonstrated. It's just a bit of personal anecdata that I thought was relevant here.) In order to get around that problem, the Nottingham researchers had subjects read limericks while carefully monitoring their eye movements. The subjects were chosen based on their accents&one group pronounced their "a" sounds so that "path" would rhyme with "Kath". To the other group, that rhyme wouldn't rhyme at all. Instead, for them, "path" rhymed with "Garth".
The subjects read the limericks silently to themselves. But when they got to rhymes that didn't make sense with their spoken accent, there was a distinct disruption in eye movement. Basically, the physiological equivalent of the subjects having to stop and think, "Wait. That doesn't rhyme."
The other really cool thing I found in this paper: The fact that what we know about he author of the piece can influence how we read it.
... some previous studies have presented evidence to suggest that ‘person-particular’ knowledge of the author of a piece of text can influence reading of that piece of text. For example, it has been demonstrated that knowledge of the presumed author's speaking speed can influence how quickly people read aloud a passage of text [32]. This finding has also been replicated, and extended to silent reading [33]. Findings from other studies examining auditory imagery during reading have suggested that readers simulate aspects of the voices of the characters featured in the text (see [34], and also [35], for related findings). The current research supports, and extends these findings, by demonstrating that in the absence of information about the writer's voice, or that of characters involved in the text, inner speech during silent reading resembles the reader's own voice.
Henceforth, I shall refer to this as "The Just-Read-Trainspotting Effect", in honor of the three weeks during college when I couldn't get my inner monologue to stop drifting into an approximation of a heavy Scottish accent.
Image: , a Creative Commons
image from bruce-asher's photostream
Learn it. Know it. Live it. (National Geographic)
This is the eye of a honey bee peppered with dandelion pollen, magnified at 120x. The image, by Ralph Grimm, won Nikon’s Small World 2015 Photomicrography Competition. “In a way I feel as though this gives us a glimpse of the world through the eye of a bee,” says Grimm. “It’s a subject of great [&]
For half a decade, studies have been demonstrating a link between sitting and dying, prompting many of us (including me) to try out standing desks.
No–this is not a dream, our best ever Pay What You Want for the design-minded crowd is finally here! We’ve gathered 10 of our favorite online design destinations and handpicked the greatest assets offered, to bring together this epic bundle. Don’t waste one more minute crafting vectors from scratch, choose your price and get all [&]
So your dream nest is on the beaches of Hawaii? Sorry, can’t help you there…but we’re giving away three epic home automation products that will turn your house into a modern fortress. One lucky winner will receive the Nest Thermometer, Cam, and Alarm so you can survey, protect, and regulate the temperature in your home [&]
First things first: if you want to break into the world of gaming, it’s essential to master Unity 3D, the premier development tool for mobile and web-based games. This course will have you knee deep in Unity 3D and C#, as you build you own real indie games from scratch along with the instructor. As [&]这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~求歌词翻译 Cheap Trick 的 《 Voices 》You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.Hey, it’s me again.Plain, you see again.Please, can I see you ev’ry day?I’m a fool again.I fell in love with you a_百度作业帮
求歌词翻译 Cheap Trick 的 《 Voices 》You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.Hey, it’s me again.Plain, you see again.Please, can I see you ev’ry day?I’m a fool again.I fell in love with you a
求歌词翻译 Cheap Trick 的 《 Voices 》You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.Hey, it’s me again.Plain, you see again.Please, can I see you ev’ry day?I’m a fool again.I fell in love with you again.Please, can I see you ev’ry day?You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.Words don’t come out right.I tried to say it, oh, so right.I hope you understand my meaning.Hey, it’s me again.I’m so in love with you again.Please, can I see you ev’ry day?You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.I remember ev’ry word you said. (word you said.)I remember voices in my head. (in my head.)I remember ev’ry word you said. (word you said.)Your voices. (I)Cool voices. (hear)Warm voices. (your)It was just what I needed to. (voice.)Cool voices. (words)Warm voices. (don’t)Your voices. (seem)But it’s just what I needed for. (right.)Warm voices. (love)Your voices. (is)Cool voices. (the)It was just what I needed to. (word.)Your voices. (I)Cool voices. (hear)Warm voices. (your)It was just what I needed to. (voice.)Just what I needed to, just what I needed to,Just what I needed.You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.You didn’t know what you were looking for’till you heard the voices in your ear.
你不知道你在寻找什么  直到你听到的声音在你的耳朵。  嘿,是我。  平原,你看到了。  请,我可以看看你今天ev 'ry吗?  我是一个傻瓜了。  我爱上了你。  请,我可以看看你今天ev 'ry吗?  你不知道你在寻找什么  直到你听到的声音在你的耳朵。  你不知道你在寻找什么  直到...
Voices声音You didn't know what you were lookin' for从前你对未来毫无头绪Till you heard the voices in your ear直到你听到耳边的低语Hey, it's me again嘿,又是我啦Plain, you see again清楚点,再...4发现相似题}

我要回帖

更多关于 3hreevoices吧 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信