Error:(3) Error retrievingfill parentt for item: No resource found that matches the given name ''

i'm trying to rebuild an apk using apktool but receiving the Error related to retrieving parent in styles.xml. I found many posts in internet related to this suggesting to use old version apktool or aapt.exe. But i found this>>
Can you please show me how to use it?
These are the lines which contains errors
styles.xml:61: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:101: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:149: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:192: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:208: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base.DropDownItem'.
styles.xml:234: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:241: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Light.Base'.
styles.xml:260: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'TextAppearance.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:293: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
styles.xml:485: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Theme.AppCompat.Base'.
and the style.xml file(it's in the res>values folder) which contains these 10 errors is here>>
styles.xml:52: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'Widget.AppCompat.Base'.
and this ^^ error is here(folder res>values-v14)
&style name="Widget.AppCompat.Base.ActivityChooserView"&
&item name="android:gravity"&center&/item&
&item name="android:background"&@drawable/abc_ab_share_pack_holo_dark&/item&
&item name="android:divider"&?dividerVertical&/item&
&item name="android:showDividers"&middle&/item&
&item name="android:dividerPadding"&6.0dip&/item&
please don't mind the spaces in the above code..i'm having problems with posting codes here.
解决方案 As the first link you mentioned above , you just need add a line .
&style name="Widget.AppCompat.Base"&&/style&
//add this line
&style name="Widget.AppCompat.Base.ActivityChooserView"&
&item name="android:gravity"&center&/item&
&item name="android:background"&@drawable/abc_ab_share_pack_holo_dark&/item&
&item name="android:divider"&?dividerVertical&/item&
&item name="android:showDividers"&middle&/item&
&item name="android:dividerPadding"&6.0dip&/item&
every time you meet this problem, you just need add the parent item before the error line
本文地址: &
我试图重建一个APK使用apktool但接收与在styles.xml检索父错误。我发现在网上很多帖子与此相关的建议使用旧版本apktool或aapt.exe。但我发现这个>>
http://$c$c.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/CommonErrors#Error_retrieving_parent_for_item:_No_resource_found_that_matches能否请你告诉我如何使用它?这是包含错误的行 styles.xml:61:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:101:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:149:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:192:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:208:错误:项目出错检索父:没有资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base.DropDownItem'匹配。 styles.xml:234:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:241:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Light.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:260:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'TextAppearance.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:293:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。 styles.xml:485:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Theme.AppCompat.Base'匹配和style.xml文件(这是在res>值的文件夹),其中包括这10个错误,在这里>>的
styles.xml:52:错误:错误检索父的项目:无资源的发现,给定的名称'Widget.AppCompat.Base'匹配。这^^错误是在这里(文件夹RES>值-V14) <样式名称=“Widget.AppCompat.Base.ActivityChooserView”>
<项目名称=“安卓重力”>中心& /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:背景”> @绘制/ abc_ab_share_pack_holo_dark< /项目>
<项目名称=?“机器人:分”> dividerVertical< /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:showDividers”>中< /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:dividerPadding”> 6.0dip< /项目>< /风格> 请不要介意在具有发帖codeS这里的问题上面code..i'm的空间。 解决方案 正如你上面提到的第一个链接,你只需要添加一行。 http://$c$c.google.com/p/android-apktool/wiki/CommonErrors#Error_retrieving_parent_for_item:_No_resource_found_that_matches <样式名称=“Widget.AppCompat.Base”>< /风格> //添加此行<样式名称=“Widget.AppCompat.Base.ActivityChooserView”>
<项目名称=“安卓重力”>中心& /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:背景”> @绘制/ abc_ab_share_pack_holo_dark< /项目>
<项目名称=?“机器人:分”> dividerVertical< /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:showDividers”>中< /项目>
<项目名称=“机器人:dividerPadding”> 6.0dip< /项目>< /风格> 每一次你满足这个问题的时候,你只需要在错误行之前添加父项目
本文地址: &
扫一扫关注IT屋
微信公众号搜索 “ IT屋 ” ,选择关注
与百万开发者在一起
(window.slotbydup = window.slotbydup || []).push({
id: '5828425',
container: s,
size: '300,250',
display: 'inlay-fix'cordova - Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
This site uses cookies to deliver our services and to show you relevant ads and job listings.
By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our , , and our .
Your use of Stack Overflow’s Products and Services, including the Stack Overflow Network, is subject to these policies and terms.
Join Stack Overflow to learn, share knowledge, and build your career.
or sign in with
I have ionic project I am getting
/home/manish/Softwares/cordova/maApp/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/debug/values-v24/values-v24.xml:3 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.
/home/manish/Softwares/cordova/maApp/platforms/android/build/intermediates/res/merged/debug/values-v24/values-v24.xml:4 : AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.
Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':processDebugResources'.
& com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/home/manish/android-sdk/build-tools/23.0.2/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
After upgrading to Android SDk Tools 25.2.5 i am getting this error.
Cordova 1.6.0
67.6k83695
In your module's app, look at build.gradle, in your dependencies block:
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:25.0.0'
Make sure that it matches your compileSdkVersion in android block:
compileSdkVersion 25
Upgrading your gradle file in compileSdkVersion, targetSdkVersion and com.android.support:appcompat-v7 version numbers may solve your problem
I upgraded them to 26+ and solved the problem
compileSdkVersion 26
targetSdkVersion 26
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:26.1.0'
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
Post Your Answer
By clicking &Post Your Answer&, you acknowledge that you have read our updated ,
and , and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabledandroid - Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
This site uses cookies to deliver our services and to show you relevant ads and job listings.
By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our , , and our .
Your use of Stack Overflow’s Products and Services, including the Stack Overflow Network, is subject to these policies and terms.
or sign in with
I get this error if I gradle is finished:
Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that
matches the given Name
'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.
Error:(4) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that
matches the given name
'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'. Error:(3)
Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the
given name
'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.
Error:(4) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that
matches the given name
'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.
It Shows me These line of XML Code:
&?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&
&resources&
&style name="Base.TextAppearance.AppCompat.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored" parent="android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored"/&
&style name="Base.TextAppearance.AppCompat.Widget.Button.Colored" parent="android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored"/&
&style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Info.Media"/&
&style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Media"/&
&style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Time.Media"/&
&style name="TextAppearance.AppCompat.Notification.Title.Media"/&
&/resources&
And this is how by build.gradle file Looks like:
apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
apply plugin: 'com.neenbedankt.android-apt'
compileSdkVersion 23
buildToolsVersion '25.0.0'
defaultConfig {
applicationId "com.test.test"
minSdkVersion 19
targetSdkVersion 23
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
buildTypes {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
configurations {
all*.exclude group: 'org.bytedeco', module: 'javacpp-presets'
packagingOptions {
exclude 'META-INF/maven/org.bytedeco.javacpp-presets/ffmpeg/pom.properties'
exclude 'META-INF/maven/org.bytedeco.javacpp-presets/ffmpeg/pom.xml'
dependencies {
compile fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
apt 'com.jakewharton:butterknife-compiler:8.0.1'
provided 'javax.annotation:jsr250-api:1.0'
apt 'com.github.hotchemi:permissionsdispatcher-processor:2.0.7'
compile 'com.jakewharton:butterknife:8.0.1'
compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:25.3.1'
compile 'com.android.support:design:25.3.1'
compile 'com.android.support:cardview-v7:25.3.1'
compile 'com.github.hotchemi:permissionsdispatcher:2.0.7'
compile files('libs/ffmpeg.jar')
compile files('libs/javacpp.jar')
compile files('libs/javacv.jar')
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:25.3.1'
compile 'com.android.support.constraint:constraint-layout:1.0.2'
compile 'com.squareup.retrofit2:retrofit:2.3.0'
compile 'com.squareup.retrofit2:converter-moshi:2.3.0'
compile 'com.android.support:design:25.4.0'
compile 'com.jakewharton:butterknife:8.6.0'
compile 'com.basgeekball:awesome-validation:2.0'
compile 'com.facebook.stetho:stetho:1.5.0'
compile 'com.facebook.stetho:stetho-okhttp3:1.5.0'
compile 'com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:[4,5)'
testCompile 'junit:junit:4.12'
testCompile 'com.squareup.leakcanary:leakcanary-android-no-op:1.5.1'
annotationProcessor 'com.jakewharton:butterknife-compiler:8.6.0'
debugCompile 'com.squareup.leakcanary:leakcanary-android:1.5.1'
releaseCompile 'com.squareup.leakcanary:leakcanary-android-no-op:1.5.1'
Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that
matches the given Name......
You should change your buildToolsVersion
compileSdkVersion 23
buildToolsVersion '25.0.0'
compileSdkVersion 25
buildToolsVersion "25.0.2"
47.6k12101121
Your Answer
Post as a guest
Post as a guest
Post Your Answer
By clicking &Post Your Answer&, you acknowledge that you have read our updated ,
and , and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabledandroid - Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name after upgrading to AppCompat v23 - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
or sign in with
I've always programmed Android with Eclipse and decided to start migrating to . I decided to use the same SDK I already had for Eclipse, then:
Started a new project
Set minimum SDK 4.0 (API Level 14)
Choose Blank Activity option
Used Default names for Activity Name and Layout Name
Hit Finish
After a few seconds Gradle finishes the build, and it throws me two errors with the following messages in file Teste4\app\build\intermediates/exploded-aar\com.android.support\appcompat-v7\23.0.0\res\values-v23\values-v23.xml:
Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'.
Error:(2) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Colored'.
Under File -> Project Structure -> Modules: app (left column) -> Properties tab, I have the following versions set up:
"Compile Sdk Version": Android 5.1 (API Level 22)
"Build Tools Version": 23.0.2
What should I do in order to fix this?
I already tried what was suggested in Stack Overflow question , but it didn't work.
Your compile SDK version must match the support library's major version.
Since you are using version 23 of the support library, you need to compile against version 23 of the Android SDK.
Alternatively you can continue compiling against version 22 of the Android SDK by switching to the latest support library v22.
This happens because after updates Android Studio uses API version 23 by default.
The following worked for me:
Press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S to get to the project structure page.
Go to the properties tab and change 23.0.0 to 22.0.1 (or equivalent to what you were using earlier) in the build tool area and rebuild your project.
If that doesn't work, go to gradle:app and then
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.2.1'
Edit v7:23.0.0 to v7:22.2.1 as shown above and sync gradle. This will definitely work.
12.7k1982110
When you update your Android Studio, it uses API version 23 by default,
which is the main reason of its occurrence. So,
At first, check your AppCompat version in build.gradle(Module:app)
If after changing to 23 there occurs an error then just download
Compile Sdk Version to API 23, and Build Tools Version to 23.0.0
from SDK Manager. If already downloaded then:
1. Go to SDK Manager and
2. Under Project Structure, change *Compile SDK Version* to API 23, and *Build Tools Version* to 23.0.0
Click SDK Manager Button and open the dialog.
Click SDK Platform and check if Android 6.0 is downloaded or not.
if not, then download that first. After completing the download, click Apply.
Now you need to apply changes to your project from setting.
Then press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S to open setting
Click app from list.
Click properties
Change your Compile SDK Version to API 23
Change your Build Tools Version to 23.0.0
Don't forget to rebuild your project.
Then your error will be gone.
12.7k1982110
If you've tried to change target to a previous GooglePlayServices or AppCompatv7 version and it doesn't work, check if you have any project-libraries dependency, this project will be targeting the latest version of any of these libraries. It happened to me with the Google Maps Utils Library project:
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:+'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:8.3.0'
Then you can continue full targeting API 22
If it still doesn't compile, sometimes is useful to set compileSdkVersion API to 23 and targetSdkVersion to 22.
I agree with the previous answer. Your compile SDK version must match the support library. Here is what I did.
You can go to SDK Manager and under SDK Platform, install the Android 5.X with API level 23.
Under Project Structure, change compile SDK Version to API 23, and Build Tools Version to 23.0.0
Then it should build without problem.
12.7k1982110
You need to set compileSdkVersion to 23.
Since API 23 Android removed the deprecated Apache Http packages, so if you use them for server requests, you'll need to add useLibrary 'org.apache.http.legacy' to build.gradle as stated in this link:
compileSdkVersion 23
buildToolsVersion "23.0.0"
//only if you use Apache packages
useLibrary 'org.apache.http.legacy'
This issue is raised because now the compile SDK version must match the Android Support library's major version.
In my case i have the Android Support Library version 23, so i had to compile against the Android SDK version 23, and I had to change this in my build.gradle file:
Well some of you will need to install the SDK, Android 6.0 (API 23)
and don?t forget to Sync project with gradle files
86.9k15229195
compileSdkVersion 23
buildToolsVersion '23.0.1'
defaultConfig {
applicationId ""
minSdkVersion 14
targetSdkVersion 22
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
buildTypes {
minifyEnabled false
proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.pro'
dependencies {
compile 'com.google.code.gson:gson:2.3.1'
compile 'com.android.support:recyclerview-v7:23.0.0'
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.0.1'
I found the solution, Problem started when I updated sdk, after that I used different buildToolsVersion ('22.0.1')
and I was using different support library like compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.0.0', showing you in image below
This was raising problem of "android.widget.Material..."
Then I used same version for support library like
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.0.1' and its DONE. (Showing you in below screenshot)
As pointed out by Tanis.7x, the support library version (23) does not match the targetSdkVersion (22)
You can fix this by doing the following:
In the build.grade file of your app module, change the following line of code
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.0.0'
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.+'
This will use the latest version of the appcompat version that is compatible with SdkVersion 22.
You should compile your project with latest version so update & install from your SDK. Sync your project with sync project with Gradle file Button.
You can also continue with the existing version but check it installed properly below image indicate to API 22 that is properly installed.
And sync your project if needed.
it may help.
In my case it was an higher version of Google-play-services. I set them to 7.0.0 (not 8.x) and all was ok.
Your compile SDK version must match the support library major version. This is the solution to your problem. You can check it easily in your Gradle Scripts in build.gradle file.
Fx: if your compileSdkVersion is 23 your compile library must start at 23.
compileSdkVersion 23
buildToolsVersion "23.0.0"
defaultConfig {
minSdkVersion 15
targetSdkVersion 23
versionCode 340
versionName "3.4.0"
dependencies {
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:23.1.0'
compile 'com.android.support:recyclerview-v7:23.0.1'
And always check that your Android Studoi has the supported API Level. You can check it in your Android SDK, like this:
This is what helped me:
What should be done is the following... In my case it was cordova but the same is relevant for ionic, phonegap and other frameworks like these:
list all platforms installed for your project: cordova platform list. You'll see something like this:
remove the android platform: cordova platform remove android.
then add the specific android platform: cordova platform add android@5.0.0.
Good luck! :)
I wanted to downgrade from API 23 to 22 and got this error. I had to change all build.gradle files in a project in order to compile.
compileSdkVersion 22
buildToolsVersion "22.0.1"
defaultConfig {
applicationId "com.yourapp.app"
minSdkVersion 14
targetSdkVersion 22
dependencies {
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:22.2.1'
compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:22.2.1'
compile 'com.android.support:design:22.2.1'
compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm:10.0.1'
I got the same problems. I solved my problem by updating gradle.build for each sub-module to latest compiler version.
Another solution :
navigate to
\sdk\extras\android\m2repository\com\android\support\appcompat-v7\23.x.x
open .aar file with 7-zip or winrar , in res folder remove values-23 folder and save changes .
on module: app (Gradle)
apply plugin: 'com.android.application'
compileSdkVersion 21
buildToolsVersion "21.1.2"
defaultConfig {
applicationId "com.namepack.nameappxxxxx"
minSdkVersion 16
targetSdkVersion 21
versionCode 1
versionName "1.0"
buildTypes {
minifyEnabled false
dependencies {
compile 'com.android.support:appcompat-v7:21.0.3'
project: nameAppXXXX (Gradle)
buildscript {
repositories {
dependencies {
classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:1.2.3'
allprojects {
repositories {
and edit your activity of AppCompatActivity to for example Activity:
package com.namepack.
import android.os.B
import android.support.v7.app.ActionBarA
import android.view.M
import android.view.MenuI
public class NameClass extends ActionBarActivity {
protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
setContentView(R.layout.main_activity);
Make sure that all these are in upto date.
Upgrade Android Studio.
I had this issue with Android Studio 1.3.1 and none of the other answers worked for me, but after updating to 1.5.1 there were no problems.
If you are using phonegap(cross-platform) and got same issue above,
just remove the android platform using below command.
phonegap platform remove android
And add it again.
phonegap platform add android
Then problem solved for me.
Everything is great but none of you explained where to download the SDK build tools
If you are getting errors even after downloading the newest SDK and Android Studio, here is what I did:
Download the most recent SDK
Open file-Project structure (Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S)
In modules, select app
In the properties tab: Change compile SDK version to API 23 Android 6.0 marshmallow (latest)
I hope it helps someone so that he won't suffer like I did for these couple of days.
12.7k1982110
protected by ♦
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10
on this site (the ).
Would you like to answer one of these
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled}

我要回帖

更多关于 babyparent什么牌子 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信