两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
破折号的作用练习题
阅读已结束,下载文档到电脑
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢后使用快捷导航没有帐号?
本贴相关题目
Unlike the conviction held by many of her colleagues that genes were relatively simple and static, Barbara McClintock adhered to her own more complicated ideas about how genes might operate, and in 1983, at the age of 81, was awarded a Nobel Prize for her discovery that the genes in corn are capable of moving from one chromosomal site to another.
AUnlike the conviction held by many of her colleagues that genes were&&BAlthough many of her colleagues were of the conviction of genes being&&CContrary to many of her colleagues being convinced that genes were&&DEven though many of her colleagues were convinced that genes were&&EEven with many of her colleagues convinced of genes being&&
正确答案: D
更多相关帖子
查看: 1251|回复: 7
在线时间 小时
请教一道语法题:Unlike the conviction held by many of her colleagues that genes were relatively simple and static, Barbara McClintock adhered to her own more complicated ideas about how genes might operate, and in 1983, at the age of 81, was awarded a Nobel Prize for her discovery that the genes in corn are capable of moving from one chromosomal site to another.(A) Unlike the conviction held by many of her colleagues that genes were(B) Although many of her colleagues were of the conviction of genes being(C) Contrary to many of her colleagues being convinced that genes were(D) Even though many of her colleagues were convinced that genes were(E) Even with many of her colleagues convinced of genes being谢谢!
在线时间 小时
划线主语要和Barbara McClintock平行;convinced that 更简洁 也最习惯 所以D答案。
在线时间 小时
我就是考虑到要和Barbara McClintock平行,误选了C答案
在线时间 小时
c选项的being多余
在线时间 小时
我就是考虑到要和Barbara McClintock平行,误选了C答案-- by 会员 chenbingyz ( 6:28:43)
contrary to后面要加opinion、idea、belief等抽象词汇。。。。C的使用方法就是错的,可直接排除
在线时间 小时
contrary to后面要加opinion、idea、belief等抽象词汇。。。。C的使用方法就是错的,可直接排除-- by 会员 sisichen666 ( 16:16:40)
谁说的有这些contrary to 后面加这些乱七八糟的搭配啊???
在线时间 小时
contrary to后面要加opinion、idea、belief等抽象词汇。。。。C的使用方法就是错的,可直接排除-- by 会员 sisichen666 ( 16:16:40)
谁说的有这些contrary to 后面加这些乱七八糟的搭配啊???-- by 会员 xuzhuo8837863 ( 10:37:46)
LS的同学,contrary to在白勇语法中提及过,后面必须要抽象名词修饰主句,并且在LONGMAN Dictionary of Contemporary English电子版对Contrary的定义:contrary ideas, opinions, or actions are completely different and opposed to each other
在线时间 小时
Rhe& &&&I& &&&Logical predication
The sentence compares a widely held conviction about genes with McClintock's adherence to her own ideas, then goes on to describe McClintock's accomplishments. The sentence must not compare widespread convictions with McClintock herself. The clearest and most efficient way to make the comparison is to introduce McClintock's colleagues' convictions in a dependent clause, followed by a main clause that introduces McClintock's different way of doing things and goes on to explain how successful she was.
A& & Incorrect comparison between conviction and Barbara McClintock.
B& &&&Were of the conviction of genes being relatively simple is wordy and awkward.
C& &&&Contrary to many of her colleagues being convinced is wordy and awkward.
D& & Correct. A dependent clause describing the beliefs of McClintock's colleagues is followed by the main clause presenting the contrasting beliefs of McClintock.
E& &&&Even with many of her colleagues ... is wordy and indirect.
所属分类: GMAT考试
正在浏览此版块的会员 ()
ChaseDream 论坛
All Rights Reserved.扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
破折号用法的试题
回忆爹の71941
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下列破折号用法正确与否,请判断之.  ①专家们经剖析以为,打捞俄潜艇,最可能被采取的方法便是混合打捞法――即先行封舱,将内水抽干增添潜艇自身浮力,再应用浮吊、浮筒来起浮沉艇.()  ②这家碳素厂坐落在风光秀丽的松花江畔――吉林市.()  ③这一切,使人们想起了解放前――一九三七年大旱五十天,赤地千里,四处逃荒的悲惨往事.()  ④在亲人金珠玛米――解放军――的辅助下,我很快就恢复了健康.()  ⑤情况突然有了改变,母亲给女儿一件出乎意料的礼物、一个漂亮的小闹钟.()  ⑥听了这番话,无论你是在多么温暖的日子里,——都会感到浑身发冷,就像是站在冰天雪地里.()  ⑦我们必须随时去寻找这个有机的联系:这个看来似乎矛盾,但却正是与人性相吻合的联系.⑧谁都会犯错误.我在有关场合已经指出过自己的错误比较大的——错误.()  张志晨
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码后使用快捷导航没有帐号?
查看: 1214|回复: 1
最后登录在线时间616 小时人品币14840 注册时间阅读权限100帖子精华259好友
签到天数: 7 天人品币14840 帖子
本帖最后由 cindy147 于
12:17 编辑
DAY 43 冒号和破折号(P181-183)
Manhattan语法总结汇总帖
一、Colon冒号
冒号起到解释的作用,对它前面的内容进行解释。冒号前面的句子必须是个完整的句子,冒号的后面不要求。看下面的例句Wrong: I love listening to: classical, rock, rap, and pop music.Right: I love listening to many kinds of music: classical, rock, rap, and pop.在第一句中,I love listening to不是完整的句子;第二句中,冒号解释各种音乐都是什么。
注意:冒号后面可以接namely或that is。在GMAT考试中,很多冒号的正确用法如下面的例句所示。
Right: I love listening to many kinds of music: namely, classical, rock, rap, and pop.
需要解释的任何元素都要与冒号尽可能近,看下面的两个例句Worse: Three factors affect the rate of a reaction: concentration, surface area, and temperature.Better: The rate of a reaction is affected by three factors: concentration, surface area, and temperature.
冒号后面也可以接句子,但是这个clause必须是对前面内容或整个句子的解释,看下面的例句
On January 1, 2000, the national mood was completely different from what it would become just a few years later: at the turn of the century, given a seemingly unstoppable stock market and a seemingly peaceful world, the country was content.冒号后面的句子at the turn … was content是独立的句子,对冒号前面的整个句子进行解释,说明national mood不同的原因。
不要将冒号(:)与分号(;)混淆。冒号前面必须是完整的句子,冒号后面的内容是对前面内容的解释,可以是完整的句子也可以不是。分号连接两个完整的独立句子,分号后面的内容无须对前面的内容进行解释。
二、Dash破折号
破折号是一个非常灵活的标点符号,GMAT考试经常把它用作强调性的逗号、分号或冒号。看下面的例句By January 2, 2000, the so-called “Y2K problem” was already widely considered a joke — although the reason for the non-event was the prior corporate and governmental investment in countermeasures.在本句中,破折号与逗号的作用一样,“,+although”
此外,破折号也可以消除不确定性,看下面两个例句My three best friends, Danny, Enrico, and Joey, and I went skiing. (可能是4个人也可能是7个人)My three best friends — Danny, Enrico, and Joey —and I went skiing. (确定是4个人)
最后,破折号还可以用来强调或解释句子前面的部分,如Post-MBA compensation for investment bankers tends to surge far ahead of that for management consultants—by tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars a year.破折号后面的短语 (by tens … a year) 解释far ahead里面的far的程度。如果将这里的破折号换成冒号,语意就不如现在清晰了。
最后登录在线时间191 小时人品币1760 注册时间阅读权限100帖子精华0好友
高中一年级, 积分 1770, 距离下一级还需 230 积分
人品币1760 帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
来了这么久为何不进去看看?
记住我的登录状态
您也可以使用其他账号登陆:}

我要回帖

更多关于 论文题目破折号格式 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信