for the bagbag是什么意思思

> 【答案带解析】I had hidden the long black bag in the g...
I had hidden the long black bag in the garage for the past two days. Tonight, in the dark, I would finally take it away. If everything went OK, it would be done by morning. But I had to be sure no one, not even my wife, saw me.It was more difficult to get away from the party than I expected. I said that the children were tired and needed to get to bed. It was partly true. But the main reason for leaving was that I wanted to complete my plan.First I had to get the kids to sleep. That was never easy at any time and tonight it was even more difficult. The eldest one wanted to know why we left the party early. I told him 10:30 pm was not early. As usual, I read them a bed time story, but I had to stop myself reading too quickly or they would learn my secret.Silence finally came, and feeling like a thief in the night, I went out of the house and into the garage. Taking one end, I dragged(拖拽) the bag out from its hiding place and took it into the garden. I was worried that my neighbours might see me and call the police.It was already eleven o'clock. By the light of the moon I started working, trying to make as little noise as possible. And that was not easy with a saw (锯子) and a hammer.After much effort, my work was finally completed. I looked down at my watch. It was exactly 4:00 am. Then I went inside to have a shower and get a few hours of sleep. It wouldn't be long now before the kids would rush into my room and wake me up to tell me about the new tree-house Father Christmas had brought them this year.1. Why did the man feel nervous?A. He left the party too late.B. He was afraid of the darkness.C. He worried that others would discover his secret.D. He didn’t know where the black bag was.2. The underlined word “they” in Paragraph 3 refers to __________.A. thieves
B. parentsC. children
D. neighbours3.In what order did the man do the following?a. Read the kids a story.b. Had a shower.c. Worked in the moonlight.d. Dragged the bag from the garage.e. Went to a party.A. e-a-d-c-b
B. e-d-a-b-cC. a-b-e-d-c
D. a-e-d-c-b4. How long did the man spend completing his work?A. Three hours.B. Four hours.C. Five hours.D. Six hours.5.How would the children feel when they saw the man’s work?A. Sleepy.
B. Angry.C. Tired.
D. Excited. 
试题分析:这篇短文主要介绍了一个父亲为了给孩子们在圣诞节时创造圣诞老人送礼物的奇迹,在夜里秘密的工作。
1.归纳理解题。根据短文前三段描述,可知作者不想让任何人知道他的秘密,故紧张,故选C.
2.词义猜测题。根据短文第三段描述可知,作者在设法使孩子们入睡,故他们是指孩子们,故选C.
考点分析:
考点1:人物传记/故事阅读类
人物传记故事类阅读理解:
& & 阅读能力是中学生学习英语应具备的一种基本能力。学习英语的一个重要目的在于获取信息。通过阅读这一重要手段,我们可以大量地获取知识,拓展知识面,还可以增强语感,培养敏捷的思维能力。
阅读理解也是各地中考试题的必考题型之一,在中考试题中占有较大比例,主要考查学生通过文字获取信息的能力。在中考中,阅读的篇数一般是三到四篇,选材范围越来越广,除故事、幽默、人物轶事外,科普性文章也多了起来。体裁也趋于多样化,有记叙文、说明文、应用文等。还要求学生能理解及解释图表多提供的简单信息等。三四篇短文中有的难度跨度较大,以便拉开档次,体现选拔功能。并且扩大了选材范围,主要考查考生阅读所给材料,理解其中词语、句子或片段含义的能力。有时涉及对全文意思和篇章结构的理解,对一些问题作出推理和判断。阅读理解的考核中包括了对词汇、语法等语言知识的考查,要求学生具备一定的背景知识、各种常识、科普知识和一定的分析及逻辑推理能力;要求学生具有归纳段落大意、中心思想的能力。测试的方向由时间、地点、身份、人物等一些细节问题,改为测试对全文整体意义的理解程度;由考查短文的表层现象改为考对文章深层含义的理解和逻辑推断能力。另外,任务型阅读形式灵活多样,内容丰富多彩,联系实际,易考查学生的灵活运用能力和对语言的综合运用能力。在中考中占30-40分。
相关试题推荐
On the first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn’t know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder. “Hi, girl! My name is Rose, I’m 87 years old.”“Why are you in college at such a young age?” I asked jokingly.“I always dreamed of having a college education and now I’m getting one!” she replied.Rose became a college symbol this year and she easily made friends with other students.At the end of the term we invited Rose to speak at our football party. I’ll never forget what she taught us.“We do not stop playing because we are
we grow old because we stop playing. There are only two secrets to staying young, being happy and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humor every day. You’ve got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die!” she said.“There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don’t do anything, you will turn 20 years older. If I am 87 years old, and stay in bed for a year, and never do anything, I will turn 88. Anybody can grow older. But every minute counts for young men,” she added.She ended her speech by singing The Song of Rose. She challenged each of us to study the lyrics(歌词) and live then out in our daily lives.At the end of the year, Rose finished the college education she had begun all those years ago. One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.1. Rose went to college because she _____________.A. wanted to live longer B. loved to stay with the youngC. wanted to realize her dream D. planned to enjoy her life there2. From the story we can see that Rose was ___________ during her stay in college.A. lively and popular
B. brave and hard-workingC. honest and energetic D. calm and creative3.Which of the following is included in Rose’s speech?A. People won’t grow old if they stop playing.B. Time is especially important for young people.C. The more you laugh, the younger you will be.D. People easily become old if they do more things. 
Are you ready for adventure (冒险)? Then Sunny Shores Sea Camp is the place for you! The activities there are all about the sea.At Sunny Shores Sea Camp, you can get excited and improve your skill-level. You can enjoy the wonders of Sunny Island. From diving to sailing, sea science to seafood, Sunny Shores Sea Camp offers courses for your different interest. You can also learn about the sea environments of Sunny Island. It is hard for you to find anywhere else like that.Whether you’re a beginner or already an expert (专家), Sunny Shores Sea Camp is a great place that brings together campers from all over the world.Wonderful memories and new friends are waiting for you at Sunny Shores Sea Camp!Camp Activities: Adventure, Sea Biology, Diving, Sailing, WindsurfingCamp Address: Sun Bay, South Florida 000634Dates: June 28, July 18, July 21, August 9Cost Week: $ 600 - $ 900Campers Ages: From 13-17Contact us: Sign up at www. sunnyshoresseacamp.org! Or call 800-645-14231 1. At Sunny Shores Sea Camp, you can _____A. learn about sailing stories
B. improve your skill-levelC. take 19 different courses
D. protect the sea environment.2.The campers are only ____A. adults between 18and 28
B. expertsC. beginners
D. teenagers between 13 and 17. 
Teenagers usually experience changes on all levels --- physical and emotional (感情的). Some may feel uncomfortable when in new situations, such as talking to strangers. But with small talk, you may
fit into the new environment.Small talk is a light conversation for social occasions (社交场合).
it usually doesn’t have much detail(细节), it is the starting point for friendshipsChildren can use small talk to
a conversation in many different ways.Asking open questions is one of the most useful ways. For example, you are at someone’s birthday party, but you know
people. How do you break the ice? You can start a conversation with “This is a great party. How do you know the host?” This way is also
in many other situations, such as school clubs or picnics.Sometimes, simply an
works, especially to help find common ground(共同点) with others. For example, when going into a new environment, you can introduce yourself by saying “I am in Class 2. My
teacher is Mr Black.” The other person may say, “Oh, really? He is also my math teacher. He is very strict ...” See? A good conversation begins.The third way is to find your strong points and
it to others. This is useful when you want to
a group. For example, you see boys playing soccer on the school playground. Just say, “Do you need more players? I am a very good goalkeeper(守门员).”So next time, don’t be
when meeting strangers. Just try small talk. A stranger may become your next friend.1.A. nearlyB. slowlyC. easilyD. hardly2.A. ButB. AlthoughC. Because D. And3.A. haveB. startC. endD. stop4.A. someB. anyC. littleD. few5.A. helpfulB. helplessC. interestingD. boring6.A. informationB. actionC. educationD. introduction7.A. ChineseB. historyC. mathD. English8.A. show B. giveC. sellD. offer9.A. takeB. joinC. knowD. love10.A. surprisedB. comfortableC. nervousD. relaxed 
You look pale today , I think the red T-shirt ___good ____youA. will look , in
B. look , onC. will look , on
D. look , in . 
Boys and girls , more attention should be paid to ____the word correctlyA. pronouce
B. be pronouncedC. pronoucing
D. pronouced 
题型:阅读理解
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 . All Rights Reserved.for the bird是什么意思
for the bird是什么意思
09-09-18 &匿名提问
是:为了这只鸟
请登录后再发表评论!
请登录后再发表评论!
名词和名词词组:限定词和属格一、学习要点?(一)限定词?限定词是在名词词组中对名词中心词起特指、类指以及表示数量等限定作用的词类。限定词与形容词的差别在于:(1)当限定词与形容词同时出现在一个名词词组里时,通常的顺序是:限定词在前,形容词在后;(2)限定词的选择受名词中心词的类别的严格限制,而形容词的选择虽也受词汇意义的限制,但没有语法意义上的限制;(3)限定词对名词中心词只在所指意义上起限定作用,而形容词作为前置修饰语则起描写作用;(4)限定词通常只能前置,而形容词作名词修饰语时既可前置又可后置;(5)除few,little,many,much外,限定词一般没有比较级和最高级形式,而形容词通常有之。?1.限定词的搭配?按照限定词与限定词的相互搭配关系,限定词可分为前位限定词(predeterminer)、中位限定词(central determiner)和后位限定词(postdeterminer),它们的顺序为:前位+中位+后位。这三类限定词中,前位限定词与前位限定词以及中位限定词与中位限定词是相互排斥的,后位限定词与后位限定词之间虽不相互排斥但有搭配限制。?2.一些限定词的用法?A. all and whole?all可修饰所有的名词,包括单数可数名词、复数可数名词、不可数名词和专有名词。如:I didn't see all the film.?Turn in all your papers before Friday.?They lost all hope of finding the survivors.?all与whole意思相近,但语法上有差别,如:?They stayed here all day(=…the whole day).?All the town were celebrating the victory that night(=The whole town…).?在修饰复数名词时,all强调“所有”,包括所有成员,意思与every相近。而whole表示“全部”、“完全”之义,强调整体性。因此,在语义上它们在下面的例句中不可替换使用:?She would work twelve hours a day all the years when she was at Cambridge.?Whole regiments surrendered to the enemy.?当all修饰表示地点的名词时,它常指在这个地方居住的所有人。而whole可能指居住的所有人,也可能指这个地点,要根据上下文判断。如:?All the village was excited at the news(=The whole village…).?The whole village was flooded.(指地点)?此外,还要注意它们修饰表示地点名称的专有名词时在语法上的区别。如:?All Newcastle was excited at the news.?The whole of Newcastle was excited at the news.?B. all和both?both表示“两者都”,只修饰可数名词。而all则指两个以上,可修饰可数名词或不可数名词。C. all与every,each?all,every和each都可指一群人或物,但含义有差别。all指从整体上看,every是指从每一个个体着眼,相当于“每一个”的意思。而each虽是“每一个”之义,但与every有差别,强调在每个个体一个个地、分开来加以考虑。?D. both,each与either?它们都含有“两个”之义,可以互相替代使用。但both后加复数名词,而each与either加单数名词。?E.any,either,no(none)和neither?any与no(none)指多于两个的群体,而either与neither指两个人或事物。?3.冠词?(1)类指与特指?冠词是最典型的限定词,分为定冠词(the)、不定冠词(a、an)。冠词的用法有类指和特指之分。类指是表示类别,也就是泛指一类人或物,定冠词和不定冠词都可表示类指。复数可数名词前不用冠词时,也可表示类指。?特指则指其中特定对象,又可再分为确定特指和非确定特指。?(2)不定冠词a、an的用法?a用在辅音之前,an用在元音之前,如a book,an old man等,但下列单词前面的不定冠词应是a:uniform,university,union,universae,而下列单词前却是an:uncle,umbrella,hour, heir.?不定冠词一般修饰单数可数名词,有以下几种用法:?A. 类指?不定冠词的基本用法是指人或事物的某一种类,某一类人或事物中的任何一个,或指某人或某物,但不具体说明何人或何物,这种情况称为“类指”。?My father is an engineer.?A horse is a useful animal.?Give me a pen,please.?B. 不确定特指?有时,不定冠词可以用来指某一类别中的一个特定的个体,但没有确定地指出这个个体。例如,A dog charged at me when I was on my way home last night.?C. 量指?不定冠词可用来表示“一”这个数量,有时是one的弱式。试比较以下两个句子:?I'd like a cup of coffee.?I only want one cup of coffee and you've given me two.?该组第二句中的one与two相对,表示数量的语意更强一些。又如:?I have a brother and a sister.?He has one brother, but three sisters.?(3)定冠词the的用法?A. 特指某(些)人或某(些)事物,其意思接近指示代词this, that,这种情况称为“特指”,如:?Close the door, will you ??B. 用于表示“乐器”的名词前,如piano, violin, guitar, cello等。?C. 在序数词、形容词最高级和表示方位的名词前,要加定冠词。?January is the first month of the year.?一月是一年中的第一个月份。?China has the largest population in the world.?中国是世界上人口最多的国家。?Japan is in the east of Asia.?日本位于亚洲的东部。?D. 用在专有名词前?a.在表示江、河、湖、海、洋、山脉、群岛等的名词前要加定冠词。?the Huanghe River黄河,the Himalayas喜马拉雅山脉,?the Pacific Ocean太平洋?b.某些机关团体等组织名称前,如the National People's Congress,the United Nations等。c.在某些建筑物的名称前,如the Great Wall,the Summer Palace,the Great Hall of the People等。?d.在报纸、杂志、旅馆、经典等名称前,如the People's Daily,the Grand Hotel,the Bible等。?e.姓氏的复数形式表示一家人,或前面有修饰语时需加the。?f.表示国籍、民族的名词前需加the。?E.表示世上独一无二的东西,如sun,moon,earth,sky,world,globe(地球),atmosphere(大气层),universe(宇宙),outer space(外层空间)等名词前,都需加定冠词the。?F.形容词前加定冠词,表示一类人或物,如:the poor(穷人),the rich(富人),the down?trodden(受蹂躏的人),to hunt for the unusual(猎奇),Home for the Aged(老年人之家)等。?(4)冠词的省略(即零冠词)?A. 表示某一类人或物的可数名词的复数形式前不用冠词。?Dictionaries are very useful.?字典非常有用。?Horses are useful animals.?马是有用的动物。? ?B. 专有名词前一般不用冠词。?Beijing 北京 May 5月?Venus 金星 Italy 意大利?C. 抽象名词和物质名词表示一般概念时,前面通常不用冠词;表示个别、具体、限定的意义时,前面可用a/an或the。a/an指“一种”、“一次”,the为特指“那种”。?D. 表示学科的名词前一般不用冠词。?I study politics, English, physics, mathematics, etc. in the college.?我在大学里学习政治、英语、物理、数学等课程。?E.在表示称呼和头衔的名词前不用冠词。?Professor Wang will give us a lecture next week.?王教授下周将给我们作讲座。?He saw Queen Elizabeth when he was in London.?他在伦敦时看见了伊丽莎白女王。?F.在表示季节、月份或星期几等的名词前不用冠词。?The summer months are June, July and August.?夏天的月份是6月、7月和8月。?Which is the first day of a week, Sunday or Monday??哪一天是一周中的头一天,星期日还是星期一??G.各词前面如果有this,that,these,those,my,your,whose,some,any,no,each,every等指示代词、物主代词或 所有格作修饰词,便不再使用冠词。?In some cases this heat treatment may result in warping.?在某些情况下,这种热处理会导致扭曲。?H.节日、假日等名称之前,一般不用冠词。如New Year's Day, National Day, May Day等。 ?但有的要加定冠词,如the Spring Festival(春节)。?I.表示“体育活动”的名词,如tennis(网球),chess前,不用冠词。?J.表示“疾病”、“学科”或“药名”等名词前,不用冠词;表示“膳食”的名词前,一般不用冠词,但特指某顿饭,要用冠词。?K.bed,hospital,prison,jail,church,sea,school,college,court,market等名词作为抽象名词,用来指与其有关的活动时,如“睡觉”、“就医”、“住院”、“入狱”、“做礼拜”、“出海”、“上学”、“开庭”等,不用冠词;但指其建筑物、机构时要用冠词。?L.表示身份、职称、职务、爵位等的名词,后有姓名时,不用冠词,如Doctor Livingstone。M.在许多常用的短语中不用冠词,需要不断积累、记忆。如:?at Christmas at dawn(破晓)?at dusk(黄昏) at home?at night at noon?at school at sunrise?at sunset at twilight(黄昏)?at weekends by air?by bike by boat?by bus by car?by plane by taxi?by water day by day?inch by inch step by step?man for man以个人对个人 on foot?tit for tat针锋相对?(二)属格?属格通常表示“所有”,也叫“所有格”。?1.属格的形式?属格是一种屈折形式,由“名词+’s”构成。如the boy's bag,my sister's husband,our teacher's room等。?如果原词已经有复数词尾?s,则仅仅加一个(’)即可,如boys' school, students' reading room等。词尾无s的复数名词则仍要加's,如men's clothes,women's magazine,children's books,sheep's wool等。?2.属格与of?词组?of?词组也可用来表示“所有”。但在实际使用中,有时必须用属格,有时则必须用of-词组,而有时二者可交替使用。一般地讲,属格较多用来表示有生命的名词,尤其是指人。而表示无生命和低等动物的名词一般用of?词组。以下将对它们详细阐述:?(1)属格?属格较多用于指人的名词,如John's pen,the girl's hair。一般地讲,of-词组不用 于 人的名,如不能说the pen of John,但可用于人的姓名,如可说the pen of John Black。当名词间的关系不表示所属而是表示限定、类别时,要用属格,如women's shoes(女鞋)。属格还用于表示时间的名词,如a month's holiday,ten minutes' talk。?此外,属格还用于一些习惯用语中,如:?a stone's throw at arm's length?at swords' points in one's mind's eye?a hair's breadth at one's wit's end?a bird's?eye view a pound's worth?(2)of?词组?of?词组一般用于表示无生命或低等动物的名词,例如:?the colour of the car?the importance of the plan?the arrival of the train?the strength of the envelope?the window of the house?当一个名词词组的中心词为形容词,表示一类人或物时,要用of?词组,如:?the struggle of the exploited?the welfare of the poor?the experience of the old?(3)属格和of?词组都可用来表示地理的专有名词和表示地点、建筑的名词前:?China's foreign policy the foreign policy of China?Britain's resistance the resistance of Britain?the city's problems the problems of the city?the hospital's entrance the entrance of the hospital?the village's population the population of the village?集体名词也可使用这两种形式,如:?the government's attitude the attitude of the government?the family's objection the objection of the family?the committee's task the task of the committee?3.集体属格?集体属格是由“名词+后置修饰语+’s”构成。如somebody else's book。?集体属格的 ’s远离名词中心词,所以除了某些搭配比较固定的名词词组外,在大多数情况下,这种结构可能造成歧义、累赘等,如the lady living next door's hat,含义就不太明确。因此,用of?词组更为合适。?4.地点属格?也称“独立属格”,因为这种属格省略了名词中心词,并常用来表示住宅、公司、商店等。地点属格中的名词一般是指人或建筑、地点等。例如:?(1)指著名建筑的专有名词,如:?St. Paul's (Cathedral)?Guy's (Hospital)?St. James's (Palace)?Queen's (College)?(2)指某类店主所经营的店铺,如:?the baker's the grocer's?the butcher's the greengrocer's?the chemist's/druggist's the hairdresser's?(3)用在姓名或指人的名词前,表示某人的家,如:?We're having dinner at my aunt's tonight.?See you at Harry's tomorrow.?5.双重属格?它是由属格和of-词组组合而成的,如:a friend of my father's(=one of my father's friends)。?注意,双重属格的第二个名词一般只指人而不指物,如a page of the book's, a window of the house's都是错误的用法。而且,双重属格中的第一个名词一般是一个不定指名词,可以用不定冠词及some、any等限定词修饰,第二个名词一般是表示特定的含义。如:?a friend of my brother's?some friends of my parents'?any friend of the doctor's?但当第一个名词被指示代词修饰或被一个后置的关系分句修饰时,第一个名词就具有特定的含义,用the、that、those等修饰,如:?that friend of my brother's?those ideas of your sister's?the friend of Bob's who was here last night?中,be going to do sth表示现在打算将来做某事。? 例如,It's going to rain.(就要下雨了。)该句表示说话人的推测。?又如,We are going to visit the Museum of Chinese History.(我们将要去参观中国历史博物馆。)这句话表示说话人打算在未来某时间去参观。?3.现在进行体?现在进行体用作将来时间表现形式时,表示“现在计划将来做某事”,与表示非推测性意义的be going to do sth.通常可交替使用。一些表示位置转移的动词,如go,come,arrive ,leave,start等,可用现在进行体表示即将发生的动作。?例如,When are you going back to your school??你将什么时候回学校??He is arriving on Thursday.?他将星期四到。?4.一般现在时?用一般现在时表示将来时间时,通常指“将来必定发生的事情”,如日期、时间表内容等。在前文中已讨论过这种用法,此处不再详述。?5.表示将来时间的其他形式?将来时间的其他表示形式还有will(shall) be doing sth., be about to do sth.,be to do sth.,等等。will(shall) be doing sth.基本不带情态意义,接近于表示纯粹将来。?be about to do sth.表示即刻要发生的将来事情。例如,?He is about to retire.?他快要退休了。?The English evening is about to begin.?英语晚会将要开始了。?We are about to leave,so there is no time to visit him now.?我们就要动身了,现在没有时间去拜访他。?be to do sth.表示计划中的将来事情,与现在进行体相似。例如,?The boys are to go to school next week.?男孩们下周将去上学。?The line is to be opened to traffic on May Day.?这条路线将在五一通车。?The delegation is to leave for Shanghai tomorrow.?代表团明天动身去上海。?此外,be to do sth.还可表示“强迫”、“命令”等情态意义,相当于must。例如:You are to finish your homework before you can watch TV. (你必须做完作业才能看电视。)该句含有“命令”之意。Have a nice day!
请登录后再发表评论!}

我要回帖

更多关于 it bag是什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信