iwantyou歌词tuostaywirhmemore

Come up - definition of come up by The Free Dictionary /come+up
come up Also found in: , , , , .Related to come up:
(kŭm)intr.v. came (kām), come, com·ing, comes 1. a.
To advance toward the speaker or towa approach: Come to me.b.
To advance in a specified manner: The children came reluctantly when I insisted.2. a.
T advance: a former drug addict who has come a long way.b.
To fare: How are things coming today? They're coming fine.3. a.
To reach a particular point in a series or as a result of orderly progression: At last we came to the chapter on ergonomics.b.
To arrive, as in due course: Dawn comes at 5 am in June.4.
T appear: The moon came over the horizon.5.
T take place: The game will be played tomorrow, come rain or shine.6. a.
To arrive at a particular result or end: come to an understanding.b.
To arrive at or reach a particular state or condition: Come to your senses!c.
To move or be brought to a particular position: The convoy came to an abrupt halt.7.
T reach: water that came to my waist.8.
T rank: My work comes first.9.
To happen as a result: This mess comes of your carelessness.10.
To fall to one: No good can come of this.11.
To occur in the mind: A good idea just came to me.12. a.
To issue forth: A cry came from the frightened child.b.
T originate: Oaks come from acorns.c.
To be descended: They come from a good family.d.
To be within a given range or spectrum of reference or application: This stipulation comes within the terms of your contract.13.
To be a native or resident: My friend comes from Chicago.14.
To add up to a certain amount: Expenses came to more than income.15. a.
To become: The knot came loose. This is a dream that has come true.b.
To turn out to be: A good education doesn't come cheap.16.
To be available or obtainable: shoes that come in all sizes.17.
Vulgar Slang To experience orgasm.n. also cum (kŭm) Vulgar Slang
Semen ejaculated during orgasm.Phrasal Verbs:
come about1.
T happen.2.
To turn around.3.
Nautical To change tack. come across1.
To meet or find by chance: came across my old college roommate in town today.2.
To do what is wanted.b.
To pay over money that is demanded: came across with the check.3.
To give an impression: "He comes across as a very sincere, religious individual" (William L. Clay). come along1.
To mak progress: Things are coming along fine.2.
To go with someone else who takes the lead: I'll come along on the hike.3.
T appear: Don't take the first offer that comes along. come around (or round)1.
To recover, revive: fainted but soon came around.2.
To change one's opinion or position: You'll come around after you hear the whole story. come at1.
T get: come at an education through study.2.
T attack. come back1.
To return to or regain past success after a period of misfortune.2.
T reply: came back with a sharp riposte.3.
To recur to the memory: It's all coming back to me now. come between To cause to be in conflict or estrangement. come by1.
T acquire: Mortgages are hard to come by.2.
To pay a visit. come down1.
To lose wealth or position: He has really come down in the world.2. a.
To pass or be handed down by tradition: customs that come down from colonial times.b.
To be handed down from a higher authority: An indictment finally came down.3.
Slang T occur: What's coming down tonight?4.
Slang To experience diminishing effects of a recreational or hallucinogenic drug. come in1. a.
To arrive: Fall clothes will be coming in soon.b.
To become available for use: New weather information just came in.c.
To start producing. Used of an oil well.2.
To arrive among those who finish a contest or race: came in fifth.3.
To perform or function in a particular way: A food processor comes in handy.4.
To reply in a specified manner to a call or signal: The pilot's voice came in loud and clear.5.
To take on a specified role: When editorial review commences, that's where you come in. come into To acquire, especially as an inheritance: She came into a fortune on her 21st birthday. come off1.
T occur: The trip came off on schedule.2.
To acquit oneself: She is sure to come off badly if challenged to explain.3.
To turn out to be successful: a party that came off. come on1.
To convey a particular personal image: comes on as an old-fashioned reactionary.2.
Slang To show sexual interest in someone: trying to come on to me during the party.3. a.
To progress or advance in increments: Darkness came on after seven.b.
To begin in small increments or by degrees: Sleet came on after one o'clock.4.
T move rapidly. Often used in the imperative: Would you please come on! We'll be late!5.
To stop an in abandon a pos be obliging. Used chiefly in the imperative: You've used the same feeble excuse for weeks. Come on! come out1.
To become known: The whole story came out at the trial.2.
To be issued or brought out: The author's new book just came out.3.
To make a formal social debut: She came out at age 18 in New York City.4.
T result: Everything came out wrong.5.
To declare oneself publicly: The governor came out in favor of tax breaks.6.
To reveal that one is a gay man, a lesbian, or a bisexual. come over1.
To change sides, as in a controversy.2.
To pay a casual visit. come through1.
To do what is required or anticipated: I asked for their help, and they came through.2. a.
To become manifest: The parents' tenderness comes through in their facial expressions.b.
To be communicated: The coach's displeasure came through loud and clear. come to1.
To recover consciousness: The fainting victim came to.2.
Nautical a.
To bring the bow into the wind.b.
To anchor. come up1.
T arise: The question never came up.2.
To rise above the horizon: The sun came up.3.
To rise, as in status or rank: a general who came up from the ranks.4.
T approach: came up and said hello. come upon To discover or meet by accident. come with Informal
T go along: I' do you want to come with?Idioms:
come a cropper To fail utterly. come again Used as a request to repeat what was said. come clean To confess all. come down on To punish, oppose, or reprimand severely and often with force: a district attorney who came down hard on drug dealers. come down to1.
To confront or deal with forthrightly: When you come right down to it, you have to admit I'm correct.2.
To amount to in essence: It comes down to this: the man is a cheat. come down with To become sick with (an illness): came down with the flu. come in for T be subjected to: came in for harsh criticism. come into (one's) own1.
To get possession of what belongs to one.2.
To obtain rightful recognition or prosperity: a concert pianist who has at last come into his own. come off it Slang
To stop acting or speaking foolishly or pretentiously. Often used in the imperative. come out with1.
T say: always comes out with the truth.2.
To reveal publicly: came out with a new tax package. come to blows To begin a physical fight. come to grief T fail. come to grips with To confront squarely and attempt to deal decisively with: "He had to come to grips with the proposition" (Louis Auchincloss).come to
light/hand To be clearly revealed or disclosed: "A further problem ... came to light last summer as a result of post-flight inspections" (John Noble Wilford). come to terms with1.
T become reconciled to: finally came to terms with his lack of talent.2.
To reach mutual agreement: The warring factions have at last come to terms. come true To happen as predicted: My fondest dreams have at last come true. come up against To encounter, especially a difficulty or major problem. come up with To bring forth, discover, or produce: came up with a cure for the disease.[Middle English comen, from Old English cuman; see
gwā- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]come up
vb (intr, adverb) 1. to come to a place regarded as higher2.
(Astronomy) (of the sun) to rise3. to begin: a wind came up. 4.
(Physiology) to be regurgitated or vomited5. to present itself or be discussed: that question will come up again. 6. Brit to begin a term, esp one's first term, at a college or university7.
(Horticulture) to appear from out of the ground: my beans have come up early this year. 8. informal to win: have your premium bonds ever come up?. 9. come up against
come into conflict or competition with10. come up to to equal or meet (a standard): that just doesn't come up to scratch. 11. come up with to produce or find: she always comes up with the right answer.
Switch to Verb1.come up - bring forth, usually "The committee came up with some interesting recommendations",
"The new manager generated a lot of problems"; "The computer bug generated chaos in the office"; "The computer generated this image"; "The earthquake generated a tsunami"2.come up - "A slight unpleasantness arose from this discussion", , , , , , , ,
- "What is happening?"; "The meeting took place off without an incidence"; "Nothing occurred that seemed important" - develop "All our planets condensed out of the same material",
- "an opportunity opened up" - "These names came up in the discussion"3.come up - move toward, travel toward something or somebody or approach s "He came singing down the road"; "Come with me to the Casbah"; "come down here!"; "come out of the closet!"; "come into the room" - proceed or issue forth, "Water emanates from this hole in the ground", ,
- speak to someone, , ,
- move, travel, or proceed, "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast",
- "Winter is approaching"; "approaching old age", , , , , ,
- "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"4.come up - come to the surface, , ,
- travel up, "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope" - come up to th "He felt new emotions emerge" - reappear on the surface,
- move upwards in bubbles, as from t also "Gases bubbled up from the earth"; "Marx's ideas have bubbled up in many places in Latin America",
- come up, "Tears well in her eyes"; "the currents well up"5.come up - originat "a question arose",
- "What becomes has duration"6.come up - "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows", , , , , , , ,
- move, travel, or proceed, "How fast does your new car go?"; "We travelled from Rome to Naples by bus"; "The policemen went from door to door looking for the suspect"; "The soldiers moved towards the city in an attempt to take it before night fell"; "news travelled fast",
- rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural
"the boats surged", , ,
- go upward with gradual or "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?", , , ,
- "the dollar soared against the yen" - be erected, built, "New buildings are going up everywhere",
- shoot up abruptly, "prices skyrocketed" - rise in bubbles "bubble to the surface" - lift up from the earth, a "the earth's movement uplifted this part of town" - climb
"The airplane chandelled" - rise as vapor, , ,
- come up, "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends"7.come up - "These names came up in the discussion",
- "A slight unpleasantness arose from this discussion"8.come up - start running, functioning, "the lights went on"; "the computer came up", , ,
- be "I start at eight in the morning"; "Ready, set, go!"9.come up - get something or somebody fo "I found this gadget that will serve as a bottle opener"; "I got hold of these tools to fix our plumbing"; "The chairman got hold of a secretary on Friday night to type the urgent letter", , ,
- come into the possession of something
"She got a lot of paintings from her uncle"; "They acquired a new pet"; "Get your results the next day"; "Get permission to take a few days off from work"10.come up - come up, "The sun also rises"; "The sun uprising sees the dusk night fled..."; "Jupiter ascends", , ,
- the branch of physics that studies celestial bodies and the universe as a whole, , , , , ,
- "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"11.come up - gather (money or other resources) "She had scraped together enough money for college"; "they scratched a meager living", ,
"she nickeled-and-dimed together a small house for her family", , , , , ,
- ge "I am accumulating evidence for the man's unfaithfulness to his wife"; "She is amassing a lot of data for her thesis"; "She rolled up a small fortune"12.come up - gath "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage", , , , , ,
- asse "gather some stones"; "pull your thoughts together"
p?istoupitkomme hentulla luoksepri?i上がる????komma upp??????????ti?n l?iw>come up vi (lit) → ; (upstairs) →
or raufkommen; (diver, submarine) →
; (sun, moon) → ; do you come up to town often? →
in die ?; he came up (to Oxford) last year (Univ) → er
(in Oxford); you’ve come up in the world → du bist ja
!; he came up to me with a smile → er
auf mich zu (supplies, troops etc) → herangeschafft
(Jur, case) →
(inf); (accused) → vor
(plants) →
(matter for discussion) → ,
; (name) →
; I can’t do it as I’m afraid something has come up → ich bin
, ich kann
(number in lottery etc) → ; to come up for sale/auction etc →
etc ; my contract will soon come up for renewal → mein
(post, job) → frei
(exams, election) →
(= be vomited) →
(= shine, show colour) → come up →
p?istoupit komme hen
tulla luokse
上がる ????
komma upp ??????????
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
They've got a right to come up and buy drinks at the bar yonder forrard, and they take that chance to bribe somebody to keep watch on me--porter or boots or somebody. Most individuals would find it hard to come up to his level. He said: "I-- I'll come up to tennis if I can manage it," and went into the house.
▲come up▼
For webmasters:}

我要回帖

更多关于 iwantyouineedyou 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信