he wanted是什么意思 to know how long i had heen

Mary told the speaker that he to speak a little louder so as to make himself heard. A.expectedB.had expectedC.has heen expectedD.was expected 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
Mary told the speaker that he ______ to speak a little louder so as to make himself heard. A.expectedB.had expectedC.has heen expectedD.was expected
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Mary and Peter were having a picnic with some friends near a river when Mary noticed an object overhead. &Look!& she shouted to her friends. &That's a spaceship up there and it's going to land here.&
&&& Frightened by the strange silver-colored spaceship, most of the young people got in their cars and drove away quickly. Peter was fond of Mary and always stayed close to her. They, more curious than frightened, watched the spaceship land and saw a door open. When nobody came out, they went to the spaceship and entered inside. Peter followed Mary into the spaceship and did not hear the door closed behind him. The temperature fell rapidly and the two young people lost consciousness.
&&& When they woke up, they were surprised to see that they were back by the river again. The spaceship had gone. Their car was nearby.
&& &What happened?& asked Mary.
&& Peter scratched (抓k.&s~5*u) his head, saying slowly, &Don't ask me. Perhaps we had a dream. Did you...Did you see a spaceship?&
&& &Yes,& said Mary. &And we both went into it. Then...& she looked at her wrist. &That's funny. My watch has stopped. Oh, well, come on. It's time to go home.&
&&& Driving about fifty meters, they found their way blocked by a thick wall made of something like glass. They got out of the car and tried to find their way round the wall but discovered that they were inside a circular wall. It was like a mirror and prevented them from seeing through it.
&& On the other side of the wall, strange creatures walked past slowly. A few stopped to stare through the wall and read a new notice which, translated into English, said: &New arrivals at the zoo: a pair of Earthlings in their natural surroundings with their mobile house.&
When the spaceship arrived, why didn't Peter drive away?
A. He did not like leaving Mary. k.&s~5*u
B. He knew that the spaceship was harmless.
C. He was too frightened to drive.
D. There was a wall blocking the road.
Why did Peter enter the spaceship?
A. He saw the food and was hungry.
B. Mary told him to enter it.
C. He just followed Mary.
D. He wanted to study it.
Peter scratched his head so we know that _____.
A. he had lost consciousness
B. he was puzzled and did not know what to say to Mary
C. he had lost his memory
D. he was still half asleep
What do the words &strange creatures& mean to tell us?
A. They were wild animals in a zoo.
B. They were robbers.
C. They had landed on Earth in a spaceship and lived there.
D. The young couple were on another planet.
来源:2010年四川绵阳市高中高二下学期期末考试英语卷
Writer and power chair adventurer Mary Laver has not walked for twenty years. Yet the cheerful and positive 60 year old is not only refusing to let her disability get her down ---- she is also planning to cross the length of Britain in a power wheelchair.Getting ready for the trip is not easy. She has already run into many problems - not least officials and organizations who view her as a health and safety risk. One police officer wrote to Mary requesting:1. The proposed route through our area with road numbers. 2. The dates and times each day that this will be taking place. 3. The location details of the proposed overnight stops. 4. The names and mobile phone contact details of the Support Crew. Another police officer asked her to travel off road! As Mary told me, this was unacceptable - as a power wheelchair user with limited movement she needs to be"gettable".There are other problems in her way though - she is, after all, in her 60’s and has severe rheumatoid arthritis(风湿性关节炎). However, unlike many other people with arthritis, she is no longer in pain."When you are in a power chair and it is going at eight miles an hour, believe me it feels fast … to me it is the Formula One(一级方程式赛车) chair of electric wheelchairs."At the end of the interview, I asked Mary if she had a message for any other power chair users who wanted to do a challenge, and her reply was simple:"Just do it!"【小题1】What is Mary Laver planning to do?A.Travel to write a power wheelchair adventure.B.Travel across Britain in a power wheelchair.C.Prove she can do what a man can in driving. D.Try a fast Formula One power chair sport.【小题2】Why did a police officer write to Mary requesting the four points?&A.He tried to stop her.B.Mary’s adventure is valueless.C.The power chair is too fast.D.He wanted to ensure her safety.【小题3】The underlined word “She needs to be gettable” in the passage probably means&&&&&&&&& “_______”A.She’ll have a try whatever difficulties she may have.B.A road for a power wheelchair user is a must for her.C.Mary has to jump off her wheelchair once on the road.D.With rheumatoid arthritis, she need some field help.【小题4】When Mary said “Just do it !” at the end of the interview, she meant “_______”A.Be brave though disabled.B.Fear no challenges at all.C.Take action right away.D.Make it whoever you are.
来源:学年湖南邵阳石齐学校高一下期期中考试英语卷(带解析)
Mary got a little white lamb(羊羔). She tied it to a tree in her field during the day and went to take it home every evening. One evening, she found the lamb gone. Someone had cut the rope and stolen the lamb. When her husband came home, she told him what had happened. Henry at once set out to look for the thief. It was easy to find the thief in the small village. Henry heard that his neighbor Alex got a lamb. He went to the neighbors’ house and said angrily, “Return the lamb to me, or I’ll call the police.” Alex explained that he had bought a lamb, but it was black. Henry looked out of the window. There in the garden was a little black lamb. He felt ashamed. Then he apologized to his neighbour. While they were talking, it began to rain. He stayed in Alex’s house until the rain stopped. When he went outside, he was surprised to see the lamb changed. The lamb, which had been black half an hour before, was now almost white. “What colour on earth is the lamb,” Henry wondered, “black or white?”【小题1】When her husband came back Mary told him __________.A.she had got a lambB.someone had stolen the lambC.she had tied the lamb to the treeD.her son was gone【小题2】Henry said to Alex, “If you ______ return the lamb to me, I’ll go to the police office.”A.willB.won’tC.don’tD.have to【小题3】Henry didn’t leave the neighbor’s home ______.A.until it began to rainB.until it stopped rainingC.when it was rainingD.before it began to rain【小题4】To his surprised, he found a _______ lamb there instead.A.bigB.blackC.smallD.white【小题5】Which of the sentences is right?A.The lamb was stolen by Alex.B.The lamb was bought by Alex.C.The lamb could change its colour.D.The lamb went to Alex’s house by itself.
来源:2010年郑州智林学校高一下学期期末考试英语卷
题型:单项填空
— Mary told me she would meet me atyesterday’s& party. But she didn’t turn up.— It is a pity that she broke her ________.
A.promise
来源:2010年绵阳市高二期末考试
Writer and power chair adventurerMary Laver has not walked for twenty years. Yet the cheerful and positive 60year old is not only refusing to let her disability get her down ---- she isalso planning to cross the length of Britain in a power wheelchair.Getting ready for the trip is noteasy. She has already run into many problems - not least officials andorganizations who view her as a health and safety risk. One police officerwrote to Mary requesting:1. The proposed route through ourarea with road numbers. 2. The dates and times each daythat this will be taking place. 3. The location details of theproposed overnight stops. 4. The names and mobile phonecontact details of the Support Crew. Another police officer asked herto travel off road! As Mary told me, this was unacceptable - as a powerwheelchair user with limited movement she needs to be &gettable&.There are other problems in herway though - she is, after all, in her 60’s and has (风湿性关节炎). However, unlikemany other people with arthritis, she is no longer in pain.&When you are in a powerchair and it is going at eight miles an hour, believe me it feels fast … to meit is the Formula One(一级方程式赛车) chair of electricwheelchairs.& At the end of the interview, Iasked Mary if she had a message for any other power chair users who wanted todo a challenge, and her reply was simple:&Just doit!&1.What is Mary Laver planning todo?A. Travel to write a powerwheelchair adventure.B. Travel across Britain in apower wheelchair.C. Prove she can do what a mancan in driving. D. Try a fast Formula One powerchair sport.2. Why did a police officer writeto Mary requesting the four points?& A. He tried to stop her.& &&&&&&&&&&&B. Mary’s adventure is valueless.C. The power chair is too fast.&&&&& &&&&D. He wanted to ensure her safety.3.The underlined word “Sheneeds to be gettable” in the passage probablymeans&&&&&&&&& “_______” A. She’ll have a try whateverdifficulties she may have. B. A road for a power wheelchairuser is a must for her.C. Mary has to jump off herwheelchair once on the road.D. With rheumatoid arthritis, sheneed some field help.4.When Mary said “Just do it !”at the end of the interview, she meant “_______”A. Be brave thoughdisabled.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. Fear no challenges at all.C. Take action rightaway.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. Make it whoever you are. &
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号B Jordan Pittard, 14, remembers feeling anxious ahout his father being deployed with the U.S.Anmy——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
B Jordan Pittard, 14, remembers feeling anxious ahout his father being deployed with the U.S.Anmy in Iraq from 2006 to 2007.His mother.Lucille.a teacher.admits struggling to have enough time to work.take care of the house and talk enough to her kids.“There was nobody big to look up to. Jordan said.“Sometimes when my mom was away.there wasn’t anybody else to help me with my homework.something personal like that.or throw a football with me. The mother and son participated in a new study that suggests youth from military families may have higher stress levels and emotional problems than other teens. The study found an association between how long a parent had heen deployed in the last three years and the difficulties that children faced. It also found a link between the mental health of the nondeployed parent at home and the well-being of the child.If the parent is doing worse, the child is doing worse.pointing to the importance of also providing support to parents.Chandra said. Lucille Pittard feelsparticularly pressured when her hushand serves in leadership positions.which requires her to help other military families at the home station.With a full-time job and two children, “it’s a heavy burden to bear. she said. “The main parent at home is trying to juggle so many balls that some of those balls get drupped. she said. “I find it hard to believe that you call do it all, and so by virtue of that.since I’m the adult in the picture sometimes I don’t have time to listen to my kids. Some of the soures of difficulty during deployment that children mentioned were taking on more household responsibilities and missing school activities.she said. When the parent returned home.children said it was hard to get to know him or her again.and some were worried about the next deployment.Parents’mood changes and how their mothers and fathers were getting along were also challenges. Jordan Pittard thinks ahout his father’s next potential deployment.too: “I wouldn't say a letdewn, but it would kind of hurt if he left again. he said. 41.We can learn the following from the passage EXCEPT . A.Jordan’s father was sent to Iraq in 2006. B.Lueilte Pittard went with her hushand to Iraq. C. Jordan used to have emotional problems. D.Jordan Pittard would not be happy about his father’s next deployment 42. The study mentioned in this passage shows that . A. military children may have higher stress levels than other children. B.the military wife often helps her child with his/her homework. C.the non-deployed parent has little influence on her/his child. D.the parents like to play ball games with their children. 43.The study says that it is also necessary to . A.look up to somebody big B. bear a heavy burden C.help the military parents D. listentothe kids 44.By saying “The main parent at home is trying to juggle so many balls that some of those balls get dropped .Lueille Pittard really means that . A.the parents are fond of playing ball games but not good players B.children take up more household responsibilities C.there were more military challenges for the parents D.the parents could hardly take care of everything at the same time 45.Which of the following can bcst replace the underlined phrase in this passage? A.involved in the situation B.painted in the portrait C.standing on the spot D.appearing in a show 【】
题目列表(包括答案和解析)
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
  Basketball legend Michael Jordan arrived in Beijing on Monday night to begin his first Asia tour.
  A five-time winner of the NBA’s most valuable player award, Jordan’s schedule covers four public activities in the capital on Tuesday and Thursday.
  Among his stops is an appearance at a ceremony to donate funds for the rebuilding of the Beijing Dongdan Sports Centre Wednesday morning.On Thursday he will attend a media conference in the morning and visit the “Jordan’s sports career” fan exhibition in the afternoon.He will also go to Beijing Worker’s Gymnasium to present an award to the champion of the second Nike China High School Men’s Basketball League.Jordan will also use the tour to speak to youth about the constant struggle to succeed and the importance of hard work on and off the court.
  “If you want excellence in everything you do, the sky is the limit, ” said Jordan.“During my tour of Asia, I want to pass along this knowledge and encourage youth around the world that positive energy and high aspirations will lead to excellence.”
  The tour continues to Hong Kong and Taiwan on May 21 and 22 before con-cluding in Tokyo on May 23.
Which of the following about Jordan is NOT true?
He is a legend basketball player.
He is five?time winner of NBA’s most valuable player award.
He is a talented basketball player and he needn’t work hard at it.
He has both positive energy and high aspirations in himself.
Where will he be on May 22?
Hong Kong.
What does the word “concluding” mean in the last paragraph?
coming to an end
arrive at an opinion
Which of the following is not what Jordan want to do while in Beijing?
He will attend a media conference in the morning.
He will visit the “Jordan’s sports career” exhibition in the afternoon.
He will go to present an award to the champion of the Second Nike China High School Men’s Basket ball league.
He will appear at a ceremony to donate funds for the rebuilding of the Beijing Dongdan Sports Centre.
According to the passage, how long will Jordan’s Asian tour last?
Three days.
Four days.
Five days.
At least six days.
  Often, I wonder why people like Michael Jordan and O.J.Simpson are considered heroes.People will say that Jordan and Simpson are heroes because they are good   1   to young people.They are two incredibly gifted men who play their   2   sports with tremendous heart and determination.They have shown   3   and personality at all times on and off the court and they’ve   4   millions of people.Mentioned as well will be that Jordan is basketball’s greatest player, and Simpson   5   among the greatest running backs in football history.However, the question remains, are they really heroes?
  Perhaps Jordan is a hero because he has an incredible gambling   6   losing up to two million dollars per day.And he has repeatedly stated that   7   he is the National Basketball Association’s highest paid player in 1997 he will retire permanently.
  For years O.J.Simpson was known as the“Greatest American Hero”.And people of all ages   8   with him and idolized him.He was the greatest running back to ever play for the Buffalo Bills and became an instant movie star.  9  , it took two brutal murders, and a few 911 tapes to show the country   10   our hero really was.He is a wife beater and an accused murderer.  11   being acquitted(宣告无罪)for double murder, he has done nothing but attempt to   12   selling infomercials.
  Jordan and Simpson are not   13   role models.They are past and present athletes who have used their   14   abilities to become national superstars.  15   people see Jordan slam the door and they wanted to be like him.This is   16   parents would tell their children that these athletes can be   17   for their exceptional talent in sports, but   18   they live their lives   19   the court is what separates them from   20   heroes.
influences
superstars
respective
professionalism
independence
astonished
fell in love
Furthermore
making money
becoming famous
enjoying himself
getting help
Hardworking
Front-page
encouraged
When I was three years old, my parents discovered I was totally deaf. After consulting with many doctors, they made a  21
that would forever change my future.  22
sending me to a private school for the deaf, they decided to “mainstream” me. All of my schoolmates and teachers would have  23
I experienced great  24
throughout primary school because, besides the efforts of “ 25
” with the other students, I also  26
with most of my schoolwork. But, Mrs. Jordan, my 5th grade teacher, changed all of that with a  27
three-word phrase.
One morning, she asked the class a question. I  28
her lips and immediately raised my hand. Although I feared, I felt unusually  29
because I was sure I had the right answer. I took a deep breath and  30
answered Mrs. Jordan’s question. Her response  31
all of us. Mrs. Jordan enthusiastically  32
her right foot on the floor and waved her right finger in a full circle  33
it pointed directly at me. With shining eyes she cried, “THAT’S RIGHT STEPHEN!”
For the first time in my young life, I was an instant star. My heart burst with  34
and I sat a little  35 in my chair and puffed out my chest. My confidence  36
like never before. I decided right then and there that I would make a  37
for myself in this world. The very three-word phrase had totally  38
my young life.
From that day forward, my  39
improved fantastically. My view on life  40 a complete turnabout. And it all started with Mrs. Jordan. “THAT’S RIGHT STEPHEN!” 21. A. plan B. choice           C. promise          D. decision 22. A. Instead of B. Apart from        C. Regardless of      D. Far from 23. A. weak B. sharp            C. normal              D. different 24. A. anxiety B. honour           C. sympathy         D. excitement 25. A. getting away B. putting up         C. fitting in          D. coming up 26. A. handled B. struggled         C. disagreed         D. engaged 27. A. regular B. polite            C. simple           D. formal
28. A. found B. understood        C. saw             D. read 29. A. embarrassed B. frightened         C. confident         D. jealous 30. A. gently B. luckily           C. nervously         D. carelessly 31. A. enjoyed B. surprised         C. delighted         D. fooled 32. A. stamped B. placed           C. stepped          D. knocked 33. A. if B. unless           C. since            D. until
34. A. pride B. regret            C. courage          D. envy 35. A. taller B. shorter              C. longer           D. wider 36. A. declined B. sank             C. returned          D. acted 37. A. home B. fortune           C. place            D. name 38. A. devoted B. surrounded        C. occupied         D. transformed 39. A. grades B. health            C. characters        D. growth 40. A. set B. made            C. turned           D. got
The books in David’s schoolbag felt like bricks as he ran down the street. What he wanted to do was to play basketball with Eric,  41 
his mother told him he would have to return his sister’s books to the library first.He had  42 
set foot in a library and he wasn’t about to do so today. He would just  43   
the books in the outside return box. But there was a  44  ; it was locked.He went into the building, only a few minutes  45 
closing time. He put the books into the return box. And after a brief  46  in the toilet, he would be on his way to the playground to   47  Eric.David stepped out of the toilet and stopped in  48  --the library lights were off. The place was  49  . The doors had been shut. They  50  be opened from the inside. He was trapped 
-- in a library!He tried to  51  a telephone call, but was unable to  52  . What’s worse, the pay phones were on the outside of the building.  53  the sun began to set, he searched for a light and found it. 54 
he could see. David wrote on a piece of paper: “ 55  ! I’m TRAPPED inside!” and stuck it to the glass door.  56  , someone passing by would see it.He was surprised to discover that this place was not so unpleasant  57  . Rows and rows of shelves held books, videos and music. He saw a book about Michael Jordan and took it off the shelf. He calmed down, settled into a chair and started to  58  .He knew he had to  59  , but now, that didn’t seem to be such a  60  thing.41. A. but           B. because              C. or              D. since 42. A. ever          B. nearly               C. never               D. often43. A. pass          B. drop                C. carry            D. take 44. A. problem       B. mistake              C. case             D. question 45. A. during         B. after                C. over             D. before 46. A. rest          B. break                C. walk            D. stop47. A. visit          B. meet                C. catch               D. greet48. A. delight            B. anger                C. surprise          D. eagerness49. A. lonely         B. empty               C. noisy            D. crowded 50. A. wouldn’t       B. shouldn’t             C. couldn’t          D. needn’t 51. A. make         B. fix                  C. use             D. pick 52. A. get on         B. get up               C. get through        D. get in 53. A. If               B. As                  C. Though          D. Until54. A. On time       B. Now and then         C. By the way        D. At last 55. A. Come         B. Help                C. Hello            D. Sorry56. A. Surely         B. Thankfully            C. Truly               D. Gradually57. A. at most        B. after all              C. in short          D. as usual58. A. watch         B. play                 C. read             D. write59. A. wait          B. stand                C. sleep            D. work60. A. bad           B. cool                C. strange           D. nice
In the past ten years, America’s National Basketball Association (NBA) has grown increasingly with the rest of the world to supply players.
  When Michael Jordan and Larry Bird won gold in Barcelona in 1992, the Americans were praised for teaching the world how to play basketball. This season, however, 20 percent of NBA rosters (花名册) will be filled by non-Americans. NBA commissioner David Stern happily embraces the trend. On a visit to Paris in October, Stern outlined his vision for the future which is likely to see Europe hosting NBA games by 2010.
  The NBA is now planning to take China by storm.   “Our experience in China has been that it is going to be explosive in its growth,: said Stern. The strategy(战略)in China is television. “We’ve made 14 deals in China with local and national networks on cable and satellite.” The success of Chinese centre Yao Ming has paved the way for more than 200 countries in 42 languages will put that to the test in October 2004 when the Houston Rockets play two pre-season games against the Sacramento Kings in Beijing and Shanghai. The NBA knows that it needs a global market to compensate for tough times on home soil.   “It doesn’t matter where the players come from, al the NBA teams now know that they have to scout[揽得(人才)] internationally,” said Terry Lyons, the NBA’s vice-president of international public relations. “It has increased the level of competition here.” As Frenchman Tony Parker and Argentine Emanuel Ginobili showed in winning championship rings with the San Antonio Spurs last season, many people can earn the respect of their American peers(同行). Others, such as the Houston Rockets’ Chinese centre Yao Ming – number one draft pick in 2003 – and the Detroit Pistons’ 18-year-old Serb Darko Milicic – number two overall in this year’s draft – are icons(偶像) in-waiting. It is the ultimate revolution – the rest of the world teaching the US how to play basketball. 1.The underlined phrase “take China by storm” means that ______ .   A.NBA intends to make China its “marketing center”   B.NBA is planning to set up some training centers in China   C.there’ll be a big storm when NBA comes to China to play against China men’s team   D.The NBA’s live basket games will be broadcasted on all the TVs in China 2.What seems to be the biggest change that is happening to NBA?   A.NBA is expecting more foreign players to join the league.   B.China’s rapid development in sports affects NBA.   C.Yao Ming has taken the place of Michael Jordan.   D.The NBA will stop teaching the world how to play basketball. 3.When the writer talked of “home soil”, he was referring to ______.   A.farms in the States     B.native Americans   C.the NBA training center   D.the USA 4.Which of the following can be used as another good title for the passage?   A.The Non-American Basketball Players B.NBA Is Coming to China   C.The Foreign Ties That Bind the NBA D.NBA Is Making Great Progress
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 he wanted to know 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信