doing chores is notis always doing sththe parents job.the前是

Blog | All Things PLC | Powered by Solution Tree
Mike Mattos is an internationally recognized author, presenter, and practitioner who specializes in uniting teachers, administrators, and support staff to transform schools by implementing response to intervention and professional learning communities. He played an integral role in the success of
When Homework Is Not Being Done at Home
Whenever I present on effective interventions, one of the most common questions I receive is:& &Too many of our students just won&t try . . . how do we motivate them to do their homework?& While there are certainly students at every school that lack the self-responsibility to get their work done, it is misleading and often inaccurate to assume student desire is the primary cause of missing homework.& Before jumping to this conclusion, I recommend a school staff consider the following questions . . .
Are you sure our students have learned the skills required to complete the homework? Homework is to reinforce what a child has learned, not to teach the concept. &Students cannot complete what they do not know how to do.& If we have not checked to make sure our students have learned the skills needed to complete their homework, then it is unreasonable and unfair to hold students accountable to do the work.
Is the homework truly essential work . . . or busy work? Let&s be honest, there is a lot of homework that really is not tied to essential standards.
Does the homework require extra supplies at home? Some students can&t go to the craft store to get supplies.
Are there factors outside of school that interfere with a student&s ability to complete their homework? Some students work after school to help their family make ends meet.& Others may go home and serve as the primary caregiver to younger siblings.& Imagine how a student must feel who cooks, cleans, and cares for younger brothers/sisters after school, just to be told by their teacher the next day that they must learn how to work harder and be responsible because they did not do their homework.
Are you catching the problem early? When too many assignments are missed before we help, students can dig a hole so deep, it becomes their grave.
Finally, have you asked struggling students why the work is not getting done? If students feel you care, more often than not they will honestly tell you why.
In the end, it comes down to this&very few kids want to fail.& If we would start by making sure that our assignments are meaningful work tied to essential standards, and that every student has the skills and materials necessary to do the work, then most kids will do the work. When they don&t, we must remember that missing assignments are not the problem, but a symptom.& We must ask the question, &Why is the student not getting the work done?&& The answer to this question is the key to solving the problem of missing homework.
Posted in:
Categories
PLC BackgroundAbout PLCsPLC HistoryGetting StartedDiscover Why PLCs WorkLay the FoundationBuild ConsensusAddress ResistanceFocusing on LearningDevelop CurriculumDesign AssessmentsCreate Systems of Intervention & EnrichmentBuilding a Collaborative CultureStructure TeamsAdjust for Small Schools & SingletonsMake Time for CollaborationEngage in the Right WorkFocusing on ResultsSet SMART GoalsAnalyze DataApply Results to PracticeSystematizing the PLC ProcessLead the PLC ProcessApply PLC Concepts to the ClassroomImplementing PLCs DistrictwideSustain the PLC ProcessAligning PracticesEvaluationGradingGroupingHiringHomeworkMerit Pay
<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="<option value="
JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
Follow us:【图文】Unit 3
could you please clean your room Reading_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
could you please clean your room Reading
上传于|0|0|文档简介
&&八下第三单元 could you please clean your room阅读
大小:1.10MB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢The former (先前的) secretary was not equal to the job. But to my annoyance (恼火), the new secretary is _______ qualified (胜任的) for the job than her. A.not more B.no more C.much more D.even more - 跟谁学
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:The former (先前的) secretary was not equal to the job. But to my annoyance (恼火), the new secretary is _______ qualified (胜任的) for the job than her. A.not more B.no more C.much more D.even moreThe former (先前的) secretary was not equal to the job. But to my annoyance (恼火), the new secretary is _______ qualified (胜任的) for the job than her. A.not more B.no more C.much more D.even more科目:最佳答案B解析&#13;知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心阅读下列材料,按要求完成下列各题。
When I was a child, my parents always told me that I should never talk to strangers. This was part of a whole list of things I should never do : Never accept food or candy from strangers, never get in a car with strangers, and so on.
But if we didn’t start a conversation with strangers, we, d never make new friends. We, d never get a job.①We may miss the joy that comes from talking with strangers. And the more people you know, themore chances you can find.
The following passage offers you some advice on how to ②break the ice.
Don‘t just stare at your shoes. Go and say “Hi” to that new guy. It will be easier to break the ice if you know more about different cultures.
British:Beautiful day, isn’t it?
The weather in Britain is changeable. So, it’s one of the topics the British care most about. And there’s a simple rule:Say “Yes” whether you agree with the person’s idea on the weather or not. ③ That’s because the British start a conversation using the weather so that they can continue their talk.
French: Where did you go on holiday?
To talk with a French person, the safest way is to ask about his or her last holiday. French students enjoy a 10-to-15-day holiday every two months. French employees(雇员)get more than six weeks of holidays per year.
American:So, where are you from?
The US is so big and people move so often that location is always a source (来源) of talk. You can tryto find a connection with the place they’re from. For example, if someone’s from Los Angeles, you could say : "Oh, I have a friend who studied there."1. 将文中①处划线句子翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________2. 将文中②处划线短语翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________3将文中③处划线句子改写成同义句。That’s because the British start a conversation using the weather ______ ______their talk.4. What do you usually talk about to start a conversation with a French person?_______________________________________________5. What is the main idea of the passage?_______________________________________________ - 跟谁学
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
跟谁学学生版:genshuixue_student精品好课等你领在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:阅读下列材料,按要求完成下列各题。
When I was a child, my parents always told me that I should never talk to strangers. This was part of a whole list of things I should never do : Never accept food or candy from strangers, never get in a car with strangers, and so on.
But if we didn’t start a conversation with strangers, we, d never make new friends. We, d never get a job.①We may miss the joy that comes from talking with strangers. And the more people you know, themore chances you can find.
Don‘t just stare at your shoes. Go and say “Hi” to that new guy. It will be easier to break the ice if you know more about different cultures.
The weather in Britain is changeable. So, it’s one of the topics the British care most about. And there’s a simple rule:Say “Yes” whether you agree with the person’s idea on the weather or not. ③ That’s because the British start a conversation using the weather so that they can continue their talk.
To talk with a French person, the safest way is to ask about his or her last holiday. French students enjoy a 10-to-15-day holiday every two months. French employees(雇员)get more than six weeks of holidays per year.
The US is so big and people move so often that location is always a source (来源) of talk. You can tryto find a connection with the place they’re from. For example, if someone’s from Los Angeles, you could say : "Oh, I have a friend who studied there."1. 将文中①处划线句子翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________2. 将文中②处划线短语翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________3将文中③处划线句子改写成同义句。That’s because the British start a conversation using the weather ______ ______their talk.4. What do you usually talk about to start a conversation with a French person?_______________________________________________5. What is the main idea of the passage?_______________________________________________阅读下列材料,按要求完成下列各题。
The US is so big and people move so often that location is always a source (来源) of talk. You can tryto find a connection with the place they’re from. For example, if someone’s from Los Angeles, you could say : "Oh, I have a friend who studied there."1. 将文中①处划线句子翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________2. 将文中②处划线短语翻译成汉语。_______________________________________________3将文中③处划线句子改写成同义句。That’s because the British start a conversation using the weather ______ ______their talk.4. What do you usually talk about to start a conversation with a French person?_______________________________________________5. What is the main idea of the passage?_______________________________________________科目:最佳答案1. 我们可能会错过与陌生人交流的快乐。2. 打破沉默/打破僵局/开始说话。3. to continue /for continuing4. ( I/We can/usually talk about) his/her (last) holiday; A holiday/Holidays.5. How to start/begin a conversation with a stranger/How to break the ice ( with strangers). How do people start/begin a conversation? /How do people break the ice( with strangers) ?(答案不唯一)解析&#13;知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心八年级下unit3and unit4_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
八年级下unit3and unit4
上传于|0|0|暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩3页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢}