希望英语物理学教程第二版上册综合教程1课后翻译

全新版大学英语综合教程1(第二版)UNIT4课后语句翻译_中华文本库
第1页/共5页
文本预览:
Text A The American Dream means different things to different people. But for many, particularly immigrants, it means the opportunity to make a better life for themselves. For them the dream is that talent and hard work can take you from log cabin to White House. Tony Trivisonno did not rise quite so high, yet he managed to make his own dream come true. 美国梦对不同的人有不同的意义。但对许多人,尤其是对移民而言,它意 味着改善自己生活的机会。对于他们,美国梦的含义就是才能与勤劳能让你从小 木屋走向白宫。托尼·特里韦索诺并没有爬到那么高,但他成功地使自己的梦想 成真。 1 He came from a rocky farm in Italy, somewhere south of Rome. How or when he got to America, I don't know. But one evening I found him standing in the driveway, behind my garage. He was about five-foot-seven or eight, and thin. 他来自意大利罗马以南某地一个满地石子的农庄。他什么时候怎么到美国 的,我不清楚。不过,有天晚上,我看到他站在我家车库后面的车道上。他身高 五英尺七、八左右,人很瘦。 2 "I mow your lawn," he said. It was hard to comprehend his broken English. “我割你的草坪, ”他说。他那结结巴巴的英语很难听懂。 3 I asked him his name. "Tony Trivisonno," he replied. "I mow your lawn." I told Tony that I couldn't afford a gardener. 我问他叫什么名字。 “托尼·特里韦索诺, ”他回答说, “我 割你的草坪。 ”我对托尼讲,本人雇不起园丁。 4 "I mow your lawn," he said again, then walked away. I went into my house unhappy. Yes, these Depression days were difficult, but how could I turn away a person who had come to me for help? “我割你的草坪, ”他又说道,随后便走开了。我走进屋子,心里有点 不快。没错,眼下这大萧条的日子是不好过,可我怎么能把一个上门求助的人就 这么打发走呢? 5 When I got home from work the next evening, the lawn had been mowed, the garden weeded, and the walks swept. I asked my wife what had happened. 等我第二天晚上下班回到家, 草坪已修整过了, 花园除了草, 人行道也清扫过了。 我便问太太是怎么回事。 6 "A man got the lawn mower out of the garage and worked on the yard," she answered. "I assumed you had hired him." “有个人把割草机从汽车库里推出来就在院子里忙活起 来, ”她回答说, “我还以为是你雇他来的。 ”
7 I told her of my experience the night before. We thought it strange that he had not asked for pay. 我就把前晚的事跟她说了。我俩都觉得奇怪,他怎么没提出要工钱。 8 The next two days were busy, and I forgot about Tony. We were trying to rebuild our business and bring some of our workers back to the plants. But on Friday, returning home a little early, I saw Tony again, behind the garage. I complimented him on the work he had done.
第1页/共5页
寻找更多 ""大学体验英语综合教程4翻译+课后答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
评价文档:
23页免费4页免费20页免费6页免费22页免费4页免费4页免费5页免费3页免费
喜欢此文档的还喜欢6页免费3页1下载券12页免费5页3下载券23页免费
大学体验英语综合教程4翻译+课后答案|大​学​体​验​英​语​综​合​教​程​四​ ​翻​译​ ​ ​和​课​后​答​案
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢全新版大学英语综合教程(第二版)第一册_课文翻译及课后答案_中华文本库
第5页/共15页
文本预览:
al development. 4) The car burns too much gas, and moreover, the price is almost twice as much as I intend to pay. 5) To understand a great international event, we, first of all, need to consider the historical and political background to it.
2. It is hard to imagine how our forefathers could do without so many conveniences that modern technology has brought
about. Back then only a small proportion of the population enjoyed the comforts of life. The majority didn’t even have sufficient food, not to speak of/ let alone the privilege of being educated. However, many people blame modern technology for creating so many problems. They want to slow down the rate of progress. But no one can put the clock back. Vocabulary 1\it was already a wreck when two weeks later the police found his stolen car and he had to buy a newone.
2 周后,警方发现了他被偷的汽车已经成了残骸,他不得不买一辆新的。
2\with great patience the clerk showed the elderly lady how to check the balance in her bank account on an atm.
以极大的耐心的店员给老太太展示了怎么用自动取款机查银行户头上的余额。
3\if you look out of the window on the left side of the bus, you’ll see that we’re now approach the tower of London.
如果你往公共汽车左边的窗外看,你会看到我们正在靠近伦敦塔。
4\there’ll certainly be some problems,but nothing that you can’t handle.
一定会有一些问题,但没有什么你不能处理。
5\people who discard litter in the streets should be fined heavily.
在街上乱丢东西的人应该被处以重罚。
6\successful businessmen today are likely to be young,aggressive ,and well-educated.above all,they are willing to take risks to achieve success.
成功的商人今天也许是年轻的,积极的,和受过良好教育。首先,他们愿意承担风险获得成功。
7\druing those difficult years,the family lived almost entirely on a diet of cabbages.
在那些艰难的日子里,家庭几乎完全靠吃卷心菜生活。
8\what are we going to do with the food left over from the party?
派对上剩下的食物呢我们要怎么办?
9\we checked on tom’s age by getting his birth record.
我们从他的出生记录查到了汤姆的年龄。
10\we’ll go out as soon as I’ve cleaned up the kitchen.
我清理完厨房我们就出去。
11\for women lawyers in the united sates,their weekly earnings are on the average much less than those of male lawyers.
在美国,女律师每周的平均收入低于男性律师。
12\i won’t get involved in a deal like this-its against all my principle.
我不会违反我的原则卷入交易像 this-its。
破坏;失事;残骸;失去健康的 人 vt. 破坏; 使失事; 拆毁 vi. 失 事;营救失事船只
平衡;余额;匀称 vt. 使平衡; 结算;使相称 vi. 保持平衡;相 称;抵销
Approaching
n. 方法;途径;接近 vt. 接近; n. [建] 把手
第5页/共15页
寻找更多 "" 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
全新版大学英语综合教程1课后翻译答案