daliedalai lamaa stop lying

Dalai Lama: Savior, or Selfish Jerk? | Skeptoid
So this week, the London bureau of CNN reported:
The Dalai Lama refused to answer a question Monday about whether Tibetan monks should stop setting themselves on fire to protest China’s occupation of Tibet.
“No answer,” he said, saying it was a sensitive political question and that he had retired from politics.
What’s going on is that Tibetan Buddhist monks have been killing themselves via self-imolation, setting themselves on fire. It’s about the most horrific way to die imaginable.
The Dalai Lama — who has maintained his headquarters in India ever since the 1959 escape from Chinese forces in Tibet — is today basically a fundraiser. He is, in fact, probably the most successful individual fundraiser in the world. His is the rallying cry of freeing Tibet from Chinese occupation… so westerners seem to think.
All of the infrastructure that exists in Tibet was built by the Chinese. Every paved road, every hospital, every school, and every power plant (without exception) was built by the Chinese. Every single paying job that exists in Tibet (without exception) was created by the Chinese. Every literate native Tibetan (without exception) was educated by the Chinese. The Chinese certainly have their faults, but the fact remains that Tibet exists as a nation of free, working people only because of Chinese influence.
The Dalai Lama is keenly aware of that. His call is not for a “free Tibet” as man it is for Tibet to be converted from a Chinese Autonomous Region to a Chinese Special Administrative Region, similar to Hong Kong. This difference would make not a single practical difference to T the only effect it would have would be to allow the Dalai Lama and other exiled members of the ruling monk class to return to their palace in Potala. It would ensure the continued free flow of money from China to Tibet, and Tibet would remain a part of China. There’s not a thing wrong with the monks returning to their palace, in my opinion. If ordinary Tibetans want their traditional oppressors back in the palace as figureheads, great, I’m all for it.
There’s not a thing wrong with what the Dalai Lama campaigns for, or with his fundraising — and here’s where I want to be clear — so long as he’s honest about how the funds are going to be used. None of the Dalai Lama’s raised hundreds of millions of dollars benefit Tibetan citizens in the slightest. He gives most of it to unrelated charities, and that’ but his only prerogative in Tibet is to get himself back to Potala. The Chinese already do everything for the T there is no work for the Dalai Lama to do in that vein.
The rest of the money he raises go to his pet project: metaphysical spirituality. In many ways, he’s no different from Deepak C except that instead of misstating quantum physics, he allows his donors to misperceive his mission. The Dalai Lama is a highly successful self-help and metaphysical author. He’s written The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living, How to Practice: The Way to a Meaningful Life, How to See Yourself As You Really Are, The Dalai Lama’s Little Book of Inner Peace: The Essential Life and Teachings, The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality (the most Deepak Chopra-like of his books), Becoming Enlightened, Healing Anger: The Power of Patience from a Buddhist Perspective, An Open Heart: Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life, and dozens of others. He does not need your money.
There’s nothing wrong with writing nonsensical metaphysical self-help books, if that’s what people want to buy. In fact, this week’s news is the only time I’ve had a real problem with the guy. And to me, it’s a big problem.
His followers are brutally killing themselves on his behalf, and his only reaction is “No comment,” followed by a lame excuse that he’s retired.
Why does he have no comment? Obviously, because his entire marketing machine is driven by the perception that China’s involvement in Tibet is an atrocity. Every time a monk lights himself on fire, I guarantee you that somewhere, the Dalai Lama’s cash register’s bell rings.
If asked for my comment on the deaths, 30 of them in the last year alone, I’d say it’s horrific and I wish they wouldn’t do it, and whoever is condoning it should be arrested. If I had influence over them the way the Dalai Lama does, I’d have used the media opportunity to appeal to all of them to stop doing that. Please. My return to Potala is not worth your life.
Apparently, the Dalai Lama doesn’t see it the way I do. For a metaphysical self-help guru who wants you to find your inner peace and happiness, his who-gives-a-shit reaction to his followers killing themselves is pretty fucked up. Pardon my language, but swear words are not nearly as atrocious as the Dalai Lama’s “no comment”. He might as well have answered “Send me more money, and maybe they won’t have to keep doing that.”
I’ve attached this infographic. No, I do not believe that Hollywood celebrities and all the “Free Tibet” demonstrators want poverty and oppression in T but if China’s support was all suddenly pulled, and every single Tibetan became unemployed and was forced to return to serfdom, that’s exactly what would happen, by necessity. Tibet has no natural resources, no industries, and no economy whatsoever beyond what China has imported. A free Tibet is a penniless Tibet, which is why only those who know far less about the situation than the Dalai Lama are demanding it.
For a far more detailed look into Tibet’s complex history with China, see my .
About Brian Dunning
Science writer Brian Dunning is the host and producer of Skeptoid.
This entry was posted in ,
and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the .
Recent Posts
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Email AddressDalai Lama visit: International Shugden Community members protest against Tibetan spiritual leader during Brisbane visit - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Cyclone Debbie
Cyclone Debbie
Listen live
broadcast and listen to 630AM (Bowen and Townsville) 101.1 FM (Mackay), 89.9 FM (Airlie Beach)
Dalai Lama visit: International Shugden Community members protest against Tibetan spiritual leader during Brisbane visit
A small but vocal group of protesters calling for the Dalai Lama to end what they say is a forcefully imposed ban on the Shugden Buddhist practice have greeted the Tibetan spiritual leader with chants and placards in Brisbane.Members of the International Shugden Community gathered at the entrance to the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre this morning, where his Holiness was in attendance, chanting "stop lying, false Dalai Lama" and waving placards.The Tibetan spiritual leader is visiting Queensland today and tomorrow as part of a national tour.The Dalai Lama
earlier this month, spending five days at the Blue Mountains, west of Sydney, for teachings at a resort.His Brisbane stay will involve three key events: a Buddhist teaching, a public talk and "prayers of world peace", and a multi-faith gathering of leaders of 10 religions and over 800 representatives of their congregations, to be held at the Catholic Cathedral of St Stephen in Elizabeth Street.
This morning, International Shugden Community spokesman Nicholas Pitts said the group wanted the Dalai Lama to end a campaign of persecution against Shugden Buddhists.He said the Dalai Lama had forcefully imposed a ban on the traditional and mainstream Shugden Buddhist practice, resulting in suffering and human rights abuses for millions of people worldwide."Basically, he [Dalai Lama] blames everything bad that happens in Tibetan society on Shugden," he said. "We want him to stop lying: it's horrible, it's obviously untrue and it's created an atmosphere of hatred towards these people."We say, 'false Dalai Lama, stop lying', because he's meant to be the embodiment of compassion, and he's showing no compassion to these people." in which he "strongly discourages Tibetan Buddhists from propitiating the fierce spirit known as Dolgyal (Shugden)"."Although he once practised Dolgyal propitiation himself, His Holiness renounced the practice in 1975 after discovering the profound historical, social and religious problems associated with it," the website reads.Mr Pitts said the situation had been ongoing for the past 20 years.
"It was bad at the beginning, but from 2008 onwards there was a campaign throughout the Tibetan community where people have had to make public declarations saying they won't do the practice, won't associate with anyone who does the practice," he said."That has divided families, broken marriages, it's horrible what's happened."Obviously we want to make clear we know what he's doing and we're going to keep putting pressure on him until he does something to create some sort of solution."We're calling at least for dialogue but at the very least he can make a statement saying he doesn't approve of the segregation, he doesn't want these people to be discriminated [against]."Mr Pitts said the reaction to the Brisbane protest had been mixed."Some people will listen to us, once they find out what's going on and why we're here people understand and think 'yeah that's horrible, that shouldn't be happening'. Hopefully that filters up to him and he sorts it out," he said.Following his trip to Brisbane, the Dalai Lama will head to Uluru for the first time before finishing his tour in Perth.The Dalai Lama last came to Queensland in 2011 where he met more than 1,000 people from flood affected communities.The ABC has contacted the Dalai Lama's Australian team seeking comment.
First posted
Connect with ABC News
If you have inside knowledge of a topic in the news, .
News in your inbox
Top headlines, analysis, breaking&alerts
Images reveal the extent of the devastation caused by Tropical Cyclone Debbie.
By Europe correspondent
The small fishing town of Leigh-on-Sea is happy British Prime Minister Theresa May has finally triggered the Brexit process.
It's a cliche, really. The beginning of the end for my Christian faith was getting an unbelieving girlfriend in my late teens. But it's not exactly as you might think.
Dr Karl Kruszelnicki for
Dr Karl Kruszelnicki sifts through the trash to unpack just how much space junk is floating around us — and how it got there.
Most Popular
Analysis & Opinion
Local Weather
Local News
This service may include material from Agence France-Presse (AFP), APTN, Reuters, AAP, CNN and the BBC World Service which is copyright and cannot be reproduced.
AEDT = Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time which is 11 hours ahead of UTC (Greenwich Mean Time)}

我要回帖

更多关于 ein lama in yokohama 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信