nowhat is the matterr what hobbies they're

by Eric Charles
I’ve been on several dates with this guy who seems to show more interest and put in more effort when I start caring less. The reason I started caring less is because he was not being that considerate about our plans (i.e. canceling). When I care less, he tries harder and puts in more effort which causes me to
end up liking him more again.
Maybe my situation is unusual, but in general , after several dates, is it okay for a girl ask a guy to hang out sometimes? Or, should she keep letting the guy initiate plans until they are actually in a relationship?
I thought it would be okay for me to initiate plans, but with this guy, but it seems like he cares more when I care less… so another question is: Is that normal or is this guy a screwball?
Read our guy’s response after the jump!
This is a good question. The situation that you’re describing actually illustrates something that I’ve talked about before.
In previous posts, I’ve talked about how when a guy is being , , or isn’t doing something you want him to do, the worst response is to become .
In your case, you weren’t needy – you didn’t make a big deal about it and you backed off when he wasn’t putting in the effort that you expect. As a result, he started putting in more of an effort because you gave him space to do so.
I have to tell you, my e-mail box is FILLED with e-mails about how some guy didn’t text back or didn’t call or didn’t set his Facebook status to say “In a relationship”, etc. The majority of these issues could be resolved by just doing what you did – backing off, giving the guy some space and letting him come to you and put in the effort.
Too often I see girls smothering or nagging a guy when he doesn’t do what they want him to. That always results in the guy becoming more withdrawn. After all, why would he want to commit himself more to a girl who’s nagging him already, right at the beginning of a relationship!
So to answer your question, I don’t think this guy is a screwball at all. Like most guys, he’s probably just figuring his situation out and simultaneously figuring out if a relationship with you is really what he’s looking for. I think he’s a normal guy and I think you are handling the situation well.
Sooner or later he will figure it out and, as long as you’re patient, there’s a good chance he could get into a stable relationship with you. On the other hand, it can take some guys longer than others to figure out what they want, so you need to have a good sense of how patient you want to be.
If you hit a breaking point, there’s nothing wrong with putting your thoughts out there and letting him know where you’re coming from. If you reach that point, just make sure you are clear on what you really want yourself, say what you need to say and be done with the conversation. Don’t drag it out into a conversation that you keep revisiting.
In regards to this guy, you asked if it’s OK for you to initiate plans. In general, there’s nothing wrong with you initiating plans with a guy. However, you mentioned that he shows more of an effort when you “care less”, so I would say that if that’s what works, why not hang back and let him put in the effort.
When it comes to people, it doesn’t matter what you think people should respond to – it only matters what they actually do respond to. If you like this guy, go with what seems to be working best with him – give him space and let him put the effort in. Less work for you, too.
Hope that helps.
– eric charles
Recent Relationship Forum Activity
11 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
18 minutes ago
48 minutes ago
1 hour, 8 minutes ago
1 hour, 16 minutes ago
1 hour, 34 minutes ago
2 hours, 24 minutes ago
2 hours, 26 minutes ago
Sign up for ourfree newsletterand get a free chapterof our book,&He's NotThat Complicated&
follow a new mode&&&&&&&&&&&&
八年级英语冀教版上 复习讲义
Lesson 11、I am back home.
我回家了。2、I am in Grade Eight this year. 今年我读八年级。3、There are about 900 students in my school.在我的学校大约有九百名学生。4、Every grade has six classes . My class has fifty pupils. 每个年级有六个班。我班有五十名学生。5、I was happy to see your e-mail. 我很高兴收到你的电子邮件。6、It's fun to get e-mail from China ! 收到中国来的电子邮件很有趣!7、This term, school begins at 8:30 . I have move teachers and more fun!这学期,八点半开始上学。我有更多的老师而且有更多的乐趣!8、We go from room to room for our class. 我们到不同的教室去上课。9、It's good exerecise for us. 对我们来说,这是一种很好的锻炼。10、On Wednesday , my cousin Brian arrives from the U.K.在星期三,我的堂兄布莱恩从英国来。11、Brian is thirteen years old , just like me !布莱恩十三岁,就像我一样!Lesson 21、Not That Old photo!不是那张旧照片!2、"That's a good pictures of you , Wang Mei,"...."王梅,那是你的一张不错的照片,"......3、You are wearing a red coat. I like it . 你穿着一件红上衣。我喜欢它。4、I don't like my picture. 我不喜欢我的照片。5、I look like a little boy in it! 在这里面我看起来就像一个小男孩!6、I 'd like a new photo ,but I don't have one. 我想要一张新照片,但我没有。7、I wish to see your new photo ! 我希望看到你的新照片!Lesson 31、Today Miss Cox has a surprise . 今天考克斯小姐大家一个惊喜。2、Can I talk to you ? 我能和你谈谈吗?3、Oh! Let me write that down. 噢!让我把它记下来。4、Rrally? Me, too !真的吗?我也是!5、Me, too !I also love grapes, apples, ice cream, noodles, bananas, cake, pizza, hot dogs.......我也是!我也喜欢葡萄、苹果、冰淇淋、面条、香蕉、蛋糕、比萨饼、热狗......。6、What do you dislike? 你不喜欢什么?7、I hate rain. 我讨厌下雨。8、I don't like rain either. 我也不喜欢下雨。9、What are your interests?你的兴趣是什么?10、I play the vilin. I love music. I also like going for walks.我拉小提琴。 我喜欢音乐。我也喜欢去散步。11、I hate to comb my hair! 我讨厌梳我的头发!12、And I hate getting out of bed sometimes. 并且有时我讨厌起床。13、I have one more question. 我还有一个问题。14、Learn something new about your classmates.了解一些关于你的同学的新的东西Lesson 41、Blue jeans on the weekend, Something different all year round.周末穿蓝色的牛仔裤,一年到头穿不同的衣服。2、Ironed shirts on a school day, Sweaters on the weekend, Something different all year round. 在上学的日子穿插熨烫整洁的衬衫,周末穿毛衣,一年到头穿不同的衣服。3、Cotton in the summer, Something different all year round .夏天穿棉布的衣服,一年到头穿不同的衣服。4、She wears blouses on a school day. 她在上学的日子穿衬衫。5、Tidy dresses on a school day . 在上学的日子穿整洁的连衣裙。6、Sweaters are made of wool.毛衣是由羊毛制成的。Lesson 51、Krista was wearing a pair of runners.克里斯特正穿着一双跑鞋。2、I don't like this pair anymore . 我不再喜欢穿这双跑鞋。3、They're old and gray.......他们又旧又灰......4、"You could paint them," said Peter. "你可以给它们涂上颜色"彼得说。5、The circles and lines looked like flowers!圈圈和线看上去像花一样!6、Krista didn't like Gina very much.克里斯特非常不喜欢吉娜。7、Gina always had the best clothes.吉娜总是穿最好的衣服。8、Her backpack was the same colour!她的背包也是同样的颜色!9、What did you do to your runners?你把你的跑鞋怎么了?10、Her voice was loud. 她的声音很大。11、They look silly. 它们看上去样子很蠢。12、Krista could not think of an answer.克里斯特想不出答案。Lesson 61、Why is Li ming a little nervous?李明为什么有点紧张?2、Li Ming has finished his chart. 李明完成了他的表格。3、Now he is ready to introduce to the class.现在他准备向全班同学介绍某个人。4、I talked to someone very special: our English teacher!我和某个很特别的人谈了谈:我们的英语老师!5、To learn English, she went to school in London, England.为了学习英语,她去英国伦敦上学。6、I am married .我结婚了。7、My husband is "Mr." Liu, so you can call me "Ms" or "Mrs." Liu. My daughter is "Miss" Liu.我的丈夫是刘先生,因此你能叫我刘女士或刘夫人。我的女儿是刘小姐。8、She plays the piano and she's a very good singer.她弹钢琴,并且她是一名出色的歌手。9、Yes! I was nervous!是的!我紧张!10、Who wants to speak next ? 谁想下一个发言?Lesson 71、No rain today ,but cloudy.
Windy and cool.今天没雨,但多去。有风而且凉爽。2、Dear Diary,亲爱的日记,3、Brian and I were on one team, and Sandra and Danny were on the other.布莱恩和我在一个队,桑德拉和丹尼在另一个队。4、Last Saturday my mother bought of jeans for me.上星期六,我妈妈给我买了一条牛仔裤。5、She and I love to shop for clothes !
她和我喜欢去商店买衣服!6、I talked to a girl maned Mary.
我和一个名叫玛丽的女孩谈了话。7、Later ,we had lunch together.
后来,我们一起吃了午饭。8、She has invited me to go to the movies next Sunday.好邀请我下星期日去看电影。9、Mary's parents work in a restaurant.
玛丽的父母在饭馆工作。Lesson 81、She ________singing, but she ______like drawing.她喜欢唱歌,可是她不喜欢画画。2、He's very happy ,and he is wearing a yellow cotton shirt.他很高兴,并且他穿着一件黄色的棉质衬衫。3、Our class enjoys playing badminton and basketball together ,but we kon't always go to the same class at the same time.我们班同学喜欢在一起打羽毛球和篮球,可是我们不总是同时上一样的课。4、Each of us is different. 我们每个人都是不同的。Lesson 91、How many subjects do you study?
你学多少门学科?2、What xlass ko you have next?
你接下来上什么课?3、I have painted six new pictures this week! 我们每周上一节美术课。4、I hope you'll show them to me sometime.我希望某一时间你让我看看它们。5、I have seen some of your paintings. 我已经看了你的一些画。I like art too ,but I'm not very gook at it.我也喜欢美术,但我不太擅长。7、I'm not going to be a painter when I'm older!解我长大后是当不了画家了。8、It's one of my favourites!
它是我特别喜欢的科目之一!9、Class starts im two minutes! 两分钟之后就开始上课了!10、Hurry ,Brian! We don't want to be late for class!快点,布莱恩!我们不想上课迟到!Lesson 101、Do you think you have too much homework?你认为你有太多的家庭作业吗?2、I have a lot of homework this year! 今年我有许多家庭作业!3、All our teachers make us study very ,very hard.我们所有的老师都让我们非常努力地学习。4、Everyone laughed, except the teacher. 除了老师外,大家都笑了。5、...but I saw him smile!
...但我看到他笑了!6、Time for supper!
该吃晚饭了!7、"P·E"is short for "physical education."  "P·E"是"physical education."的缩写。8、Our English teacher has told us that the best way to learn English is to use it .我们的英语老师已经告诉我们学习英语的最佳方法是使用它。9、So you have helped me to learn English!因此,现在你已经帮我学英语了!10、My friend Wang Mei is very good at math.我的朋友王梅非常擅长数学。11、We are going to study together tonight.我们今晚要在一起学习。12、What's an exam? It's a big quiz!考试是什么?它是一个大的测试!Lesson 111、Danny, Jenny and Brian are having lunch in the hall at noon.中午丹尼、詹妮和布莱恩在大厅里吃午饭。2、My group's favourite subject is p·E. 我们组最喜欢的科目是体育。3、I liked drawing everything when I was a little boy.当我是个小男孩时我喜欢画所有东西。4、MY group's favourite subject is social studies.我们组最喜欢的科目是社会科学。5、That' cool!
那太棒了!6、Turn out the light!
关灯!7、Oh, it's tine for class mow . 噢,现在该上课了。8、We should top tasking.
我们应该停止讲话了。9、Let's meet in the gym at four o'clock. 让我们4点在体育馆见面。Lesson 121、The purple group is the clock! 紫色的一组就是时钟!2、(clap clap )See the time? (拍手、拍手)看时间了吗?3、(clap clap )No ,not yet! (拍手拍手)不,还没有!4、(clap clap )Half an hour.
(拍手拍手)半小时。'5、Quarter to three. 差一刻钟三点。6、What's the tine? It's a quarter past three.
几点了?三点过一刻。Lesson 131、Is there a library in your school?
在你们学校有图书馆吗?2、Is it important to be on time?
准时很重要吗?3、Jenny and Bill meet at three o'clock to work on their project.詹妮和比尔在3点钟会合,一起做他们的计划。4、Here are some more pictures of Beijing. 这有更多的关于北京的照片。5、In a library ,there are rows of books on shelves.在图书馆里,书架上有一排排的书。6、He is carrying a basketball.
他正手拿篮球。7、No noise, please!
请不要喧哗!8、I looked in the office.
我在办公室里找过了。9、"Relax, Danny!"says Bill.
"放松,丹尼!"比尔说。10、Maybe she's there!
或许她在那儿!Lesson 141、It's so interesting!
它如此有趣!2、You learn about kifferent countries of the world.你了解世界上不同的国家。3、I love to travel!
我喜欢旅游!4、I learned lots of things.
我学会了很多东西。Lesson 151、Today we gave our talks to the class about our favourite subjects.今天我们就自己最喜欢的科目给同学做了演讲。2、I painted birds, a boat, clouds and the dun.我画了鸟、一艘船、云彩、还有太阳。3、We each brought a painting we made in our art class.我们每个拿来了我们在美术课上画的一幅画。4、The picture always makes me remember my holiday.这幅画总让我想起我的假期。5、Karen and Jack showed us some physics.卡伦和杰克给我们演示了一些物理现象。6、Then Karen combed her hair ten times very quickly.然后卡伦快速地梳了10次头发。7、Everyone was very surprised. 每个人都非常吃惊。8、Finally, Danny and Lisa gave their talk. 最后,丹尼和丽莎做了他们的演讲。Lesson 161、I live in Shijiazhuang, a city in the north of China.我居住在石家庄,一个中国的北部的城市。2、I learn a lat of subjects at school, such as Chinese, math, English, music, P,E., and art.在学校我学习许多科目,例如语文、数学、英语、音乐、体育和美术。3、I like English best, because it's so useful and interesting.我最喜欢英语,因为它那么有用和有趣。4、I often borrow books from the school library.我经常从校图书馆里借书。Lesson 171、We will watch the moon tonight, and look for Chang'e.今晚我们将赏月,看嫦娥。2、National Day is also in autumn, on October 1.国庆节也在秋天,在十月一日。3、My mother and father will not have to work for seven days!我父母将有七天不用上班!4、Thank you for the e-mail!谢谢你的邮件!5、In Canada, we have an autumn holiday called Thanksgiving.在加拿来大,我们秋天里有个叫做"感恩节"的节日。6、Families always celebrate Thanksgiving together.家人们总是聚在一起庆祝感恩节。7、I will go to my grandmother and grandfather's house.我会去我祖父母家。8、Have fun on your birthday, Li Ming !祝你生日快乐,李明!9、I wonder....我想知道......。Lesson 181、Get Ready for Turkey!
准备火鸡!2、It is three days before Thanksgiving. 距离感恩节还有3天。3、It's a huge turkey!
它是一只巨大的火鸡!4、Turkey is delicious!
火鸡很好吃!5、What will we have for dessert?
我们吃什么甜点?6、Pie! Grandma makes the best pie!
馅饼!奶奶做的馅饼最好吃!7、Who will come to Thanksgiving dinner?
谁会来参加感恩节大餐呢?8、I miss my mother and father.
我想念我父母。9、I want to meet my aunts ,uncles and cousins ,too.我也想见我叔叔、婶婶和堂兄妹。10、He is away from home .
他离家很远。11、Your cousins go at the bottom .So do you!你的堂兄弟姐妹在最下面,你也是在最下面!12、What a good project!
多好的一个方案!Lesson 191、Jenny wants to buy a present for Li Ming's birithday.詹妮想为李明买件生日礼物。2、She and Brian go into a clothing store.她和布莱恩走进一家服装店。3、What can I do for you ?你想要点什么?4、I like blowing out birthday candles.我喜欢吹生日蜡烛。5、What size is your friend? 你朋友穿多大号的衣服?6、I think he's the same size as Brian.我想他和布莱恩的尺寸大小一样。7、Try on this jacket, please.请试穿这件夹克衫。8、Does it fit ?它合身吗?9、I don't think Li Ming would like that jacket anyway.我想李明无论如何都不会喜欢那件夹克的。10、Do you have any other kinds?你还有其他种类吗?11、He gets another jacket.他拿来另一件夹克。12、He tries it on. It's bright green.他试了试。是鲜绿色的。13、You are in a shop talking to a clerk about what to buy.你正在商店里和店员谈论该买些什么。Lesson 201、Let's all get together!
让我们都聚在一起!2、"Tonight" means "the night of today." "Tonight"意思是"今天晚上"。3、Let's get something special for Grandma.让我们给奶奶一些特别的东西。4、People in different countries celebrate festivals in different ways.尽量找出更多世界各地的节日。Lesson 211、Do you always celebrate holidays with your whole family?你总是和你们全家人庆祝节日吗?2、On Thanksgiving Day ,Jenny goes to her grandparents' house with her mother. 在感恩节这天,詹妮和她的妈妈、爸爸、妹妹、弟弟,还有布莱恩一起去爷爷奶奶家。3、Let me give you a big hug . 让我给你们一个热烈的拥抱。4、It's good to see you!
很高兴见到你们!5、Jenny and Brian go in to the kitchen. 妈妈正在厨房里做晚饭。6、Their grandmother is cooking the turdey for toninght's Thanksgiving dinner.他们的祖母正在为今晚的感恩节晚餐做火鸡。7、Are my cousins coming tonight? 我的堂史妹们今晚来吗?Lesson 221、They are going to send the cards and presents to China.他们打算将卡片和礼物寄往中国。2、Jenny passes him her card.
詹妮把她的卡片递给他。3、Danny and Jenny put the presents and cards into a cardboard box.丹尼和詹妮把礼物和贺卡放进一个硬纸盒里。4、Brian closes the box with tape . 布莱恩用胶带把盒子封住.5、Now we can post it !
现在我们可以寄它了!6、He writes Li Ming's address on the top of the box .他把李明的地址写在盒子的顶部。7、Come on .Let's go to the post office.
快点。我们到邮局去吧。8、Jenny mails things ,but you post them ,Brian!詹妮mail东西,但你post它们,布莱恩!9、Don't forget to make the card beautiful!
别忘了把贺卡做得漂亮点!Lesson 231、Many thanks for the presents!
多谢你们的礼物!2、My mother got them yesterday from the post office.我妈妈昨天从邮局把它们取回来了。3、The style is in fashion here in China.
这咱款式在中国这里很流行。4、The jacket fits me very well.
这件夹克衫我穿着合适。5、Danny, I also love the cap.
丹尼,我也喜欢那顶帽子。6、Every time I wear it ,I will think of you. 每次我戴上它,我都会想起你。7、When it was time for dessert, she turned off the lights. 吃甜点的时候,她关了灯。8、fit :to be the proper size and shape for .合身:大小和形状都合适。9、Do I look good?我看起来还好吗?10、Your parents have a party for you at home .你父母在家给你举办聚会。Lesson 241、When the children saw their presents, they were very e
.当孩子你看见他们的礼物,他们非常兴奋。2、This pen is not mine. It's
(Jim)。On_______(teacher)Day, all teachers are very happy.
这支钢笔不是我的,它是吉姆的。在教师节那天,所有的老师都非常高兴。3、I'd like to buy a yellow dress. 我想买件黄色的裙子。Lesson 251、Jenny and Brian are on their way to school .詹妮和布莱恩正在上学的路上。2、Usually we take the school bus .通常我们乘校车上学。3、I want to show you the neighbourhood this morning.....今天早上,我想领你看看周边环境...。4、They come to a corner.
他们来到一个拐角。5、He is pointing to the right. 他正指着右边。6、"No, turn left ,"says Jenny."Then cross the street.""不,向左转,"詹妮说,"然后过马路"。7、We will go past some of my favourite shops.我们将经过几家我最喜欢的商店。8、Soon, they pass another window. 不久,他们经过另一个橱窗。Lesson 261、I need a big park to play football -I mean soccer!我需要一个大的公园来踢足球--我说的是英式足球!2、I need a place to buy drinks, because soccer makes me thirsty!我需要一个买饮料的地方,因为踢足球让我感觉口渴!3、Over here is a video store. 这边是个音像店。4、When there are no good shows on TV, we can get a video.当电视中没有好看的节目时,我们可以买盘录像带。5、I can take Li Ming there when he comes to visit!当李明来到游玩的时候,我可带他去那儿!6、Not yet! I'll show you later, when I'm done!还不行!过一会儿我画完了就给你们看!7、You can go to a concert. 你可以去听音乐会。Lesson 271、My first question is ,what's that place beside the shopping centre?我的第一个问题是,购物中心的旁边是什么地方?2、I see a square in the bottom left corner. 我看见左下角有一个正方形建筑。3、That's a bank ,What's above the bank? 那是一家银行,银行上面是什么?4、There's always a parking lot by a shopping centre.购物中心旁边总有停车场。5、What's the square across from the parking lot ,to the right?停车场对面,向右边的那个正方形建筑是什么?6、A parking lot is a large space to park cars.停车场是供停放汽车的一大块地方。7、Play the map game with a friend. 和你的朋友做地图游戏。Lesson 281、Excuse me ,Can you tell me the way to the grocery store?打扰一下,您能告诉我去杂货店的路吗?2、Look right ,look left. 向右看,向左看。3、When I walk to school ,I walk along the sidewalk.当我步行去学校时,我沿着人行道走。4、When you are going to cross the street ,what should you pay attention to?当你过马路时,有哪些是你应该注意的?Lesson 291、Hot chocolate costs about $ 3.50. 热巧克力饮料花费约3.5元。2、It has hot milk ,sugar and chocolate in it.它里面有热牛奶、糖和巧克力。3、My house is small. It's very comfortable, however.我的房子很小,不过非常舒适。4、Sometimes I sweep the floor and clean the kitchen.有时我扫地并打扫厨房。5、Sometimes I cook dinner. I always wash my own clothes.有时我会做饭。我总是自己洗衣服。6、My mom shops at the grocery store in the shopping centre.我妈妈在购物中心的杂货店里购物。7、Then I ask her to buy my favourite foods!然后我要她给我买我最喜欢的食物!Lesson 301、They are going to see a movie. 他们打算去看一场电影。2、Danny has written the way on a piece of paper.丹尼已经把路线写在一张纸上了。3、"Let's see,"says Brian ,reading from the paper."咱们看看吧"布莱恩说着,阅读这张纸(上的内容)。4、Walk straight down the street and eat a donut.沿着这条路一直走,吃个面包圈。5、...,and walk until you see the movie theatre....,一直走到你看见电影院为止。6、He finds a park ,but it's the wrong park.他找到一个公园,但不是丹尼说的那个公园。7、Go down this street .Turn right at the second crossing.沿着这条路走,在第二个十字路口向右转。8、Five minutes later. Brian arrives at the gate of the cinema.5分钟后,布莱恩到了电影院门口。9、I knew you wouldn't get lost! 我知道你不会迷路的!Lesson 311、I'm doing very well.
我一切都好。2、I'm working very hard at school.
我在学校学习很努力。3、This week ,I got to know my neighbourhood.这星期,我开始了解我的社区。4、Jenny and I walked to school on Monday. 星期一詹妮和我步行上学。5、I will keep it in my backpack.
我会把它放在背包里。6、There! Now I'll put my letter in an envelope and post it!好了!现在我要把信装入一个信封然后寄出去!Lesson 321、Buddy's family went to look for him but didn't find him.巴迪的家人去寻找他可是没有找到他。2、...Ted came to Buddy's house alone and barked....蒂克独自来到巴迪的家并汪汪地叫。Lesson 331、Sometimes it's scary to talk about the future. 有时,谈论未来很可怕。2、So is next week and next year.
下周和明年也是。3、What do you think I'll be when I'm older, Wang Mei?你认为我长大后会做什么,王梅?4、I would be nice to my students.
我会对我的学生好。5、You're always helping people.
你总是帮助别人。6、You might be a doctor when you're older. 你长大后可能会成为一名医生。7、Let me look at you carefully, Li Ming. 让我仔细看看你,李明。8、You're sick today.
你今天生病了。Lesson 341、Why does Li Ming want to be an English teacher?为什么李明想当一名英语教师呢?2、My ambition is to be an English teacher. 我的理想是成为一名英语教师。3、I want to stay in Shijiazhuang when I'm older, because my mother and father live here. 我想长大后果在石家庄,因为我的妈妈和爸爸住在这儿。4、I hope to have a son or a daughter someday.我希望有一天我会有个儿子或女儿。5、I predict that I will be very happy and will have many friends when I am a man . 我预测我长大后将会很幸福并且有许多朋友。6、I hope that sone of my classmates will be my friends when we are older!我希望我们长大后,我的一些同学将成为我的朋友!7、Check and talk about the predictions the other group made.检测并谈谈其他组作的预测。8、Are they right or wrong?
它们是对还是借?Lesson351、Give your friends good advice for the future!给你朋友的示来提出好的建议!2、"Choose a colour,"she says.
"选一种颜色"她说。3、Jenny opens and closes the diamond, and spells the colour:"P-U-R-P-L-E"。詹妮打开又合上这个菱形建议卡,并拼读这种颜色"P-U-R-P-L-E"。4、He can see four numbers :nine ,five ,six and three.他能看见四个数字"9、5、6和3。5、"Five",Danny replies. "5",丹尼回答。6、Jenny opens and closes the diamond as she counts: "One, two, three, four, five..."詹妮边打开又合上建议卡边数:"1,2,3,4,5......."7、Nobody wants to be sick.没有人愿意生病。8、Sometimes I eat too many donuts.有时,我吃太多的面包圈。9、Let's play with my advice diamond, Jenny.让我们玩我的菱形建议卡吧,詹妮.10、Always be nice to your dinosaur friends.要一直对你的恐龙朋友们好。Lesson 361、In ten more years, my friend。 再过十年之后,我的朋友。2、Rich poor ,somewhere between?富有,贫困,介于两者之间?3、No matter what I become, I know for sure:不论我成为什么,我坚信:4、You'll be my friend If I'm rich or I'm poor.不管我是富有还是贫困你一定还是我的朋友。Lesson 371、My mother? No again.我的母亲?也不是。2、I might be a lawyer.我可能会成为一名律师。3、I would have an office at the very top.我可能在办公楼的最顶层里工作。4、office buildings 办公楼5、That's my biggest goal.那是我最大的愿意。6、I hope I have a wife and great kids someday.我希望有一天我有一个妻子和很棒的孩子。7、Work in a small group and compare your classmates' ambitions Lucas'.小组讨论,并把你的同学的理想和卢卡斯的理想相比较。Lesson 381、I open the lock with a little key.我用一把小钥匙把锁打开。2、Nobody can open my diary but me.除了我没有人能打开我的日记。3、In school this week, Ms. Liu told us to write about our futures.这周在学校时,刘老师让我们写写我们的未来。4、She asked us about our ambitions.她问我们有关我们的理想。5、...or I might be the opposite!......或者与我想的正好相反!6、Li Ming is sure the I will have a good future.李明确信我将有个美好的未来。7、To be a doctor, I will need to learn a lot in school.要成为一名医生,我需要在学校学习很多知识。8、I will work hard to improve.我要努力学习来提高自己。Lesson 391、I hope to be a good teacher, like Ms. Liu.我想当一名优秀的教师,像刘老师那样。2、I'm much taller this year, and I love playing basketball.今年我长高了许多,并且我喜欢打篮球。3、I wrote a letter to Helen this week.我周给海伦写了一封信。4、She gives advice to people in the newspaper.她在报纸上给人们提些建议。5、Maybe I will be a famous movie star someday.也许有一天我会成为一名著名的电影明星。6、Or maybe I'll be a TV actor in the future.也许将来我会成为一名电视演员。Lesson 401、What are your plans and dreams?你们的计划和梦想是什么?2、The future seems a long way off, but it is really closer than you think.未来似乎很遥远,但实际上它比你想象的要近。3、I hope to make everybody very happy with all the food that I grow.我希望用我种的食物令每个人都很开心。4、Don't be afraid to tell somebody what you will be in the future.不要害怕告诉别人你将来要干什么。Lesson 411、How often do you make phone calls to your friends?你隔多久给朋友打一次电话?2、I don't have any. 我一个也没有。3、I would love to speak English with your friends.我想同你的朋友说英语。4、I have an idea.
我有个主意。5、Let's phone Jenny .
咱们给詹妮打电话。6、He encourages her.
他鼓励她。7、Hello, may I please speak to Jenny?
你好,请问我能和詹妮说句话吗?8、I'm sorry, I can't follow you.抱歉,我没有听懂你说的是什么。9、She repeats the sentence more slowly. 她更慢地重复刚才的句子。10、Now I understand.
现在我明白了。11、She and Wang Mei have a good talk. 她和王梅谈得很愉快。Lesson 421、Welcome to the World of English!
欢迎来到英语世界!2、Why are people all over the world learning English?为什么全世界的人们都在学习英语?3、Learning a new language is exciting .It is also necessary.学一门新语言令人兴奋。而且也很必要。4、Learning English helps people all over the world talk to each other.学英语有助于世界各地的人们之间相互交换。5、More than 450 million people in the world can speak English.世界上有四亿五千万人会讲英语。6、English, Chinese and French are the main languages used at the united Nations.英语、汉族和法语是联合国使用的主要语言。7、I still don't understand!
我仍是不明白!8、What do you mean by "United Nations"? The meaning of "nation"is "country".你说的"联合同"是什么意思?"nation"的意思是"国家"。Lesson 431、She asked every student to choose a pen pal from these names and write a letter to that person.她要求每个学生从这些名字里选择一个笔友并且给那个人写一封信。2、I live in an apartment with my mother and father.我和我的父母住在一套公寓里。3、I an 1.5metres tall.
我身高1.5米。4、I have spoken English all morning today! 我今天整个早晨都在说英语!5、My tongue is tired!
我的舌头累了!Lesson 441、Say the word :DICTIONARY.
念单词:词典。2、Slowly at first :DIC-TION-A-RY.
首先慢慢念:词--典。3、Try one more time :DICTIONARY. 再读一次:词典。4、Say the word :EXCELLENT. 念单词:优秀的。Lesson 451、If you move to Canada, what difficulties will you meet?如果你搬到加拿大,你会遇到什么困难?2、I came to Canada two years ago. 两年前我来到加拿大。3、She speaks English, but her grandmother taught her some Chinese.她讲英语,但好的奶奶教她一些汉语。4、She helped me understand and pronounce new words.她帮我理解及念新单词。5、We read a lot of stories.
我们读了许多故事。6、When I don't understand a word ,I look it up in the dictionary.当我有不明白的单词时,我就查词典。Lesson 461、Have you ever had a chance to speak English outside of school?你曾经有过在校外说英语的机会吗?2、Learning English will help you find a good job in the future.学英语有助于你将来找到一份好工作。3、Would you like to translate English words into your own language?你愿意把英语翻译成你自己的语言吗?4、There are many companies that need translators.有许多公司需要翻译人员。5、Diplomats work at the United Mations and other places around the world.外交官在联合同和世界其他各地工作。6、Would you like to work with foreign companies?你愿意和外国公司合作吗?7、If you speak English ,you can communicate with business people from other countries. 如果你讲英语,你就能同来自其他国家的商人进行交流。8、English is the main language used by people who work on the Internet and sende -mail.那些在互联网上工作和发电子邮件的人们使用的主要语言是英语。9、Hotel worker. English is the language of international travel.宾馆工作人员。英语是国际旅行的通用语言。10、Are you interested in the news? 你对新闻感兴趣吗?Lesson 471、Look! I found this article in a newspaper. 瞧!我在报纸上发现了这篇文章。2、All over the world ,students are learning to speak English.全世界的学生都在学说英语。3、English opens the door to the world. 英语打开了通向世界的大门。4、"It is important for students to use English every day ,"says Professor Wilson. "对学生们来说每天使用英语是很重要的,"威尔逊教授说。5、Many people like to listen to international radio stations and watch international television.许多人喜欢听国际广播电台(广播)和看国际频道电视(节目)。6、Most programs on international radio and TV are in English.国际广播电台和国际电视台上多数节目都是用英语(播放的)。7、Students get more information and knowledge about the world when they understand English.当学生们懂英语时,他们就会获得更多世界各地的信息和知识。8、In English ,"opening a door "can mean "having opportunities"...英语中:"打开一扇门"可以指"拥有机遇"......。Lesson 481、How else will you learn a new language?学一门新的语言,你还有别的方法吗?2、You will be able to communicate with almost everybody in the world if you learn these languages well.如果你俩学好这些语言,你就能同世界上几乎每个人交流。Lesson 491、What' s a hobby?爱好是什么?2、Can you guess what Danny's hobby is ?你能猜出丹尼的爱好是什么吗?3、He's buying things for his hobby.他正在为他的业余爱好买东西。4、I'm sorry ,but we don't sell trees here. 对不起,我们这里不卖树。5、Well, we have these little photo frames. 噢,我们有小相框。6、People usually put them on walls, but I guess you could put them on a tree. 人们常把它们挂在墙上,但我猜你可以把它们挂在树上。7、The instructions are on the box. 说明书在盒子上。8、How much do you want? 你想要多少(胶卷)?9、I'll take two rolls of
film , please.请给我拿两卷胶卷。10、It's a great joy!它是一在乐事!11、Bring your hobby to school and show it to your classmates.把你的爱好带到到学校来,让你的同学们看看。Lesson 501、Thank you very much for your letter about Great Great Grandpa Rex.非常感谢你关于曾曾祖父雷克斯的来信。2、I like collecting facts about my family.我喜欢收集我们家庭的资料。3、It's fun and it makes me feel proud.它很有趣并且使人有自豪感。4、And very wide!也很宽!5、I am making a report for my classmates.我正在为同学们作一份报告。6、I need to show them my hobby, so I would like a photo of Great Great Grandpa Rex.我需要向他们展示我的爱好,因此我想要一张曾曾祖父雷克斯的照片。7、Let's teade photos!让我们交换一下照片吧!Lesson 511、My hobby is gardening.我爱好园艺。2、Mary Green will show you the best way to grow all kinds of plants.玛丽·格林将教给你栽种各种植物的最佳方法。3、Gardening is a very enjoyable hobby ....园艺工作是一种非常令人愉快的爱好......4、First, you have fun working in your garden. Then, you can enjoy the fresh flowers, vegetables and fruit that you have grown.首先,你在你的花园里工作是有趣的。其次,你可以欣赏你所种植的花、蔬菜和水果。5、Mary Green has written many popular books on gardening.玛丽·格林已写了许多受人欢迎的关于园艺学方面的书籍。6、She will tell you about her favourite flowers: roses.她将会告诉你她最喜欢的花:玫瑰。7、Roses smell so wonderful.玫瑰花闻起来美妙极了。8、Are roses difficult to grow?玫瑰难种植吗?9、You can also send for Mary's books.你也可以来信购买玛丽的书籍。Lesson 521、A Moment Just for Me.只属于自己的时刻2、Sometimes I'm glad to be alone--有时我喜欢独处--。3、I use this special time
我利用这特殊时刻For my favourite activity.来做我最喜爱的活动。4、I like my model train.我喜欢我的火车模型。5、I could collect more hockey cards,我能收集更多的曲棍球卡片,Or play my favourite CD again.或再一次放我最喜欢的CD唱片。6、He makes them out of wood.他把木头做成船。Lesson 531、I have ten rockets. I built one of my rockets my self. It's made of wood and cardboard. I glued it together, then I painted it.我有十枚火箭。其中一支是我自己造的。它是用木头和硬纸板做成的。我把它用胶水粘在一起,然后又涂上油漆。2、What do I do with my rockets?我怎样处理我的火箭呢?3、I launched it in a field, but it landed in some trees.我在田地里发射它,但它落在了树上。4、This year, I joined a rocket club in my city.今年,我参加了我市的一个火箭俱乐部。5、It has about forty members.俱乐部大约有40个成员。6、Sometimes we compete.有时我们举行比赛。7、We also give prizes for the best-built rocket.我们也颁发最佳火箭制作奖。8、Then I either lose or break them. 然后我不是丢掉就是损坏它们。Lesson 541、Today, all of the students are showing their hobbies to the class.今天,所有的学生都把他们的爱好展示给全体同学。2、He has four books full of stamps!他有满满四本集邮册的邮票!3、The teacher tells them that they might organize a stamp collecting club!老师告诉他们说他们可以成立一个集邮俱乐部。4、Finally, it's Danny's turn.最后,轮到丹尼了。5、It won't go through the door.它进不了门。6、Let's put the box on its side, Danny.咱们把箱子放倒吧,丹尼。7、Get your hobby out of the box, Danny.把你的爱好从箱子里拿出来吧,丹尼。Lesson 551、It was a real tree!那是一棵真树!2、Everyone can take part in gardening.每个人都可以参加园艺活动。3、Then, Jenny had a very good idea.然后,詹妮想出一个很好的主意。4、Please write back to me soon .请尽快给我回信。5、Many people like to collect things, such as stamps, sports cards or other things.许多人喜欢收集东西,比如邮票、体育卡片或别的东西。Lesson 561、He used to say that he was too busy or too young to have a hobby.他过去常说他太忙或太小而没有一种爱好。2、Why don't you have a hobby? 你为什么没有一种爱好呢?Lesson 571、We are describing ourselves in a report. 我们要写一份报告描述自己。2、I don't know what to write about myself. 我不知道关于自己写些什么。3、-our special talents ,our personal strengths.-我们特殊的天赋,我们的个人特长。4、And I think of myself as a good person.
而且我认为自己是一个好人。5、Think about yourself. 想一想你自己。6、Here's something else to think about. 还有一些别的事想一想。7、Have you done anything that made you proud of yourself?你曾经做过什么令自己自豪的事情吗?8、You want to make friends with him or her.你想和他或她交朋友。Lesson 581、My family comes from Greece.
我全家来自希腊。2、I was born there.
我在那里出生。3、That makes me different from other people. 那使我和其他人不同。4、I've been in Canada seven and a half years. 我在加拿大呆了七年半了。5、My sister returned to Greece to play for the Greek basketball team.我姐姐回希腊是为了给希腊篮球队效力。6、Then the score was fifty-three to fifty-one.于是比分变成了53比51。7、I was very proud of myself! 我很为自己感到骄傲。8、What does Georgia mean by"the game was almost over".乔治亚说"比赛几乎要结束了"是什么意思。9、I'd like to go to university and study P.E. 我想去上大学学体育。10、Basketball, of course!
当然是篮球了!Lesson 591、I see you are already working on your reports.我知道你已经着手写你的报告了。2、I work har 在爱、在学校我都很努力。3、I am very talented at mathematics. 我在数学方面很有才能。4、I think everyone can write about themselves.我认为每个人都可以写一写他们自己。5、My classmates chose me as a leader in the Young Pioneers.我的同学们选我当少先队队长。6、What is your pride?
什么是你值得骄傲的事?Lesson 601、Be confident in yourself.
要对自己充满信心。2、Strive to be the best you can be!
你要尽最大努力做到最好!3、How no one is quite like you!
没有谁会跟你完全一样!4、You are special through and through! 你完全与众不同!5、Is your friend the same as you or different?你朋友(的个性)和你一样还是不一样?Lesson 611、He stands in front of the class.
他站在同学们的面前。2、Then his friend Jenny gave him some good advice.然后他的朋友詹妮给了他一些好的建议。3、I'd like to begin by introducing myself. 我想从介绍我自己开始。4、I am Li Ming-a good person ,an excellent student and a hard worker.我叫李明--一个好人,一个优秀的学生,一个努力学习的人。5、I strive to do well in school. 我在学校里尽力去做好。6、I would like to go to college someday.
将来我想去上大学。7、I am one of the best players in the school. 我是学校最好的选手之一。Lesson621、It is because of your spelling.
这是因为你的拼写。2、She put her finger on one circle.
她把手指放在一个圈上。3、But I get both those words wrong....可是我把那两个单词都弄错了...。4、He did not have confidence in himself. 他对自己没有信心。Lesson 631、In many countries, families put up Christmas trees in the living room. 在很多国家,家家户户把圣诞树摆放在起居室里。2、Families decorate their Christmas trees.家家户户都装饰他们的圣诞树。3、The star goes at the top. 星星应挂在树顶。4、I can reach the top of the tree without a chair!我不用椅子也能够着树顶!5、What goes under the tree?
树下面放什么?6、They began in Germany in the 1600s.它们起源于十七世纪的德国。7、Oh, by the way ,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!噢,顺便说一句,圣诞快乐!新年快乐!8、They put up a tent in the park. 他们在公园里搭起一个帐篷。Lesson 641、She is going to give out a special award to Jenny's good friend .Anne. 她准备给詹妮的好朋友安颁发一个特别奖。2、Anne will get the award because she raised the most money in the Terry Fox Run.安将得到奖品是因为她为泰瑞·福克斯慈善慢跑募捐了最多的钱。3、Even though Anne is in a wheelchair ,she deeided to work hard and see if she could finish the 30-kilometre trip.尽管安坐在轮椅上,她决定努力学习并且看看她是否能完成30公里的旅行。}

我要回帖

更多关于 what s the matter 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信