“where’s my watch ?”bob always ask 英语改错技巧

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
[试题]人教修订版高二英语Unit 1 Making a difference 单元教案及测试题
Unit 1[ 知识结构 ]Describing people ( characteristics and qualities )Persuasive writing : letterThe Past Participle (1) as the Predicative & Attribute[ 目标建构 ]单词characteristic radium analyse attend expose absorb severe valuable pump pub blame immediately handle addition link instruct virus construction contribute positive spin enthusiastic cautious reject短语steam engine, put forward, make a conclusion, in addition, link...to..., apart from, be strict with, lead to, make sense, point of view会话(describing people: characteristics and qualities)How will I recognize you?You can recognize me because...What will you wear?What do you look like?What special features do you have?I'm tall/short/fat/thin/young/old...How will I know you?I have large/small/brown/green/black eyes with...话题How to organize a scientific research: contributions of scientists语法过去分词作定语和表语文化了解著名医生John Snow,钱学森,哥白尼等科学家以及他们的贡献和故事[ 学法指导 ]Describing people
( characteristics and qualities )描述(description ),即是把某一物体,人物,地方或景色的印象和了解总结并表达出来,在读者面前作形象的再现。人物的描述,通常可以从外貌,语言,动作或事迹等多方面进行,目的往往是为了突出该人物的性格或特点(characteristics and qualities),从而呈现出一个独特鲜明的人物形象。为了达到这个目的,抓住特征是关键,要从众多的事实中选取最能反映该人物与众不同之处,然后进行勾勒描绘。以第一课文对John Snow的描写为例,作者首先让读者对该人物的身份及基本特点有个大致了解:John Snow was a well-known doctor.He was inspired.读者由此得出一个总体印象,John Snow作为一名医生,他的与众不同是因为他广受敬仰。作者抓住"inspired"这一主线,用事实展开说明和描绘:He became inspired when he thought out helping ordinary people exposed to cholera. He wanted to use his knowledge to help solve the problem of cholera.John Snow之所以倍受公众敬仰和关注是因为他对于抵抗cholera作出的突出贡献。接下去的篇幅,作者详细描述了他如何完成这项工作的全过程:1) He believed in the theory that people absorbed the disease into their bodies with their meals and needed to prove it.2) He gathered information, especially from two particular streets where the cholera outbreak was extremely severe.3) He found that the water might be the main source of the disease and he succeeded in proving he was right.4) With his great discovery, he offered the suggestions and solutions, and finally "King Cholera" was defeated.通过对这一过程准确全面的描述,作者反映了一个事实,并通过这一事实传递了该人物的相关信息:他用他的超群的知识和不懈的努力解决了一个困扰国民的难题,拯救了无数生命,从而体现一个优秀医者的智慧和仁爱,给读者以鲜明深刻的印象。2.Letter writing关于"Persuasive writing"课本中已有详细要求,这里主要提示一些书信的写法。英文信件一般由八个部分组成:信头(Heading),日期(Date),收信人姓名和地址(Inside Name and Address),称呼(Salutation),信文(Body of the letter),结束语(Complimentary Closure),署名(Signature)和附言(P.S)。信头(Heading)信头是指写信人的地址及日期。一般写在信的右上角,地址由小到大,即门牌 - 街名 - 城市 - 省份 - 国名,例如:38 West Road,Washington,D.C, USA;日期在地址下方。给亲戚好友写信可以省略地址,但日期必须注明。收信人姓名和地址(Inside Name and Address)这一项一般用于事务性信件或较生疏的朋友之间的信件,要写在日期的下一行的左上角,收信人的姓名占一行,地址占二或三行,上下对齐。在姓名前一般要加称呼,如对普通男子用Mr ,对未婚女子用Miss,已婚用Mrs,婚姻状况不明用Ms,用Prof. 或Dr.称呼教授,博士或医生等等。称呼(Salutation)指信文开头的称呼,其后一般用逗号。例如:对父母,亲戚:My Dear Mother / Dear Cousin对同学,朋友:My Dear Friend / Dear Mr. Jackson对未婚女子:( My ) Dear Miss Lucy对一般女子,不论是否婚嫁:Madame Dear Madame对已婚女子:( My ) Dear Mrs. Jackson对公司,学校,工厂等:Dear Sirs / Gentlemen信文(Body of the letter)信文是信件的主体部分,也就是信的内容,应在称呼的下一行开始。一般是:开头要有寒暄,客气的套语;正文写事情;收尾有寒暄,客气的套语。套语举例:开头的套语:感谢类:Thank you for your interesting / kind letter which arrived yesterday.喜悦类:I was / am so pleased / much delighted to receive your letter.探询类:How are you ?/ How are you getting on ?致歉类:I was so sorry to hear that ... / Sorry for delaying this letter for so long, but ...收尾的套语:I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon. / Please write to me soon. / Please give my best regards to your family. ? / With best wishes to you.5) 结束语(Complimentary Closure)业务书信:Yours truly,/ Sincerely yours, / Yours Sincerely,等。公函:Yours respectfully,/ Sincerely yours,等。私人信件:Yours Sincerely,/ Yours ever,/ Yours affectionately,等。亲朋好友间:Love,/ All my love,Yours,/ Yours ever,/ Yours loving,等。署名(Signature)个人署名:Yours truly,W. J. Watson公司署名:Yours faithfully,Legend Computer CompanyWang LinSales Manager附言(Postscript)发信人有时在写完信后又想起一件比较重要的事情,可以在信末的署名下边写上P.S(Postscript)。3. The Past Participle (1) as the Predicative & Attribute1)过去分词作表语A.跟在系动词之后分词作表语,一般跟在be,get,become,look,sound,feel,keep,remain,grow,seem,appear等系动词后面;一般表示被动或主语所处的状态。含有"感到... ..."的意思,主语多数情况下是人。而作表语用的过去分词,许多是由能够表示人们某种情感或情绪的动词变化而来的。常见的有以下:interested,moved,discouraged,amused,astonished,frighten,excited,inspired,pleased,satisfied,tired,worried,completed,delighted,hurt,married,crowded。例如:-- How did the audience receive the new play?-- They got very excited.How did Bob do in the exams this time ?Well, his father seems pleased with his results.B. 作表语的过去分词与被动语态中的过去分词的区别。这两种不同语法功能的句子在形式上是一样的,都是有"系动词be + 过去分词"构成的,有时候容易混淆。区别如下:被动态表示主语的动作;而作表语的分词表示主语所处的状态。如:The blackboard was broken ( has been broken ) by Li Ming. (被动语态, 表示动作)The blackboard is broken. (系表结构,表示主语blackboard所处的状态 broken)。从时态上来区分。系表结构只用于一般现在时,一般过去时,现在完成时和过去完成时;而被动语态除了不能用于完成进行时和将来进行时外,可用于其他时态。从时态的一致性来区分。被动语态的时态要求与相应的主动语态一致;系表结构不需要一致。如:The blackboard was broken by Li Ming.(被动语态)Li Ming broke the blackboard.(主动语态)The blackboard is broken. (系表结构)(表示状态则可用现在时,表示目前的状态,不必考虑其时态要与相应的主语语态一致。我们可以理解为黑板以前被李明打碎,现在它是碎的。)注意:有相应的形容词能说明状态时,则不用分词,而用形容词。如:The window is opened. The door is locked. ( x )The window is open. The door is locked. ( o )be + 不及物动词的过去分词,一般是系表结构,而不是被动语态。常用来作表语的不及物动词有:gone,come,fallen,known,arrived,educated,risen,learned,returned,excited,retired,astonished,mistaken,interested等。如:My watch is gone. 我的手表没有了。It's not my fault. You are mistaken. 这不是我的过错,你误会了。2)过去分词作定语A.过去分词作定语时的位置a.单个分词作定语时,一般在它所修饰的名词之前,但有时为了强调动作,也可以放在名词后面。如:Look at the broken glasses. (过去分词 + 名词)What is the language spoken in Japan?(名词 + 过去分词)注意:一般来讲,和分词作表语时一样,及物动词的现在分词修饰事物,过去分词修饰人。如:When they heard the exciting news, they got excited. Then the excited people shouted and cheered.b. 分词短语作定语时,在被修饰的名词之后。如:I have a radio made in China.The girl dressed in white is Mary.B. 何时用过去分词作定语?因为过去分词只有一种形式,而它又包含完成和被动意味,因此要符合下列条件:过去分词表示的动作是在谓语动作表示的动作之前发生。如:This is a picture painted by my father.= This is a picture that was painted by my father.(分词painted所表示的动作发生在谓语is之前)The letter mailed last night will reach him tomorrow.= The letter that was mailed last night will reach him tomorrow.(分词mailed表示的动作发生在 reach之前)分词表示的动作是没有一定时间性的。如:Goods imported from abroad are not always better than those made in China.进口的商品并不一定比国产的好。Is it a letter written in pencil ?这是用铅笔写的信吗?[ 意义建构 ]I. 知识精讲Warming Updiscover : vt. to be the first to find, learn of, or observe 发现,发觉discover 通常指被探索或被揭示物早就客观存在着;invent指的是发明原先不存在的东西。如:Columbus discovered America in 1492.Alexander Graham Bill invented the telephone in 1876.as : conj.used in comparisons
用于比较:像......一样He's as old as I am.in the same manner or way that 照......的方式Do as I say. whenHe saw her as she was getting off the bus.becauseAs she has no car, she can't get there easily.thoughTired as I was, I tried to help them.as it is: in fact 事实上I hope things would get better, but as it is they are getting worse.(7) as it were: in a certain way 可以说; 跟......一样He is my best friend, my brother, as it were.characteristicn. a special and easily recognized quality of someone or something 特色, 特性A characteristic of this animal is its ability to live for a long time without water.(2) adj. representing a person's or thing's usual character 独特的I heard my friend's characteristic voice.4.
the way of doing sth. 意为"做......的方法",还可以表达为 the way to do。如:She showed us the way of cleaning it. = She showed us the way to clean it.I don't like the way (that / in which) you speak to your father.5.
put forward:(1) to offer (an idea, suggestion etc.) for considerationHe put forward a new plan.(2) 推荐某人或自己任职位; 提名May I put your name forward as a possible chairman of the committee?我能否提名你当委员会主席吗?(3) Put the clocks forward. 将时钟拨快Pre-reading6.
infectious adj.(1) capable of causing infection 传染的,能够导致传染病的Cholera is an infectious disease.caused by or capable of being transmitted by infection传染性的, 由传染引发的Colds are infectious, and so are some eye diseases.easily or readily communicated 有感染力的,容易或快速传播的an infectious laugh有感染力的微笑(4) infect vt. 传染, 感染infectant n. 污染物,传染物
adj. 传染的, 污染的infected adj. 被感染的infection n. 传染, 传染病, 影响, 感染7.
if necessary
是一种省略句式。在while,when,until,unless,if,once等引导的状语从句中,如从句的主语和主句的主语相同,且从句的谓语部分含动词be时,可以省略从句的主语和动词be。When (I was) a boy, I looked at such things quite differently.Don't speak until (you are ) spoken to.Readingattend v. go to 出席,参加I'll be attending the meeting.to give one' listen 注意,倾听(常跟 to连用)Are you attending to what is being said? serve 照顾,护理I have a good doctor attending me.(4) to go with 伴随, 陪伴Danger attended everything he did. 他做的每一件事都带有危险。9. ease(1) to free from pain, worry 减轻;缓和The doctor gave him some painkillers to ease the pain.The relationship between the two countries has eased.(2) to relax 放松It's time for your father to ease up on his work a bit. He's getting old.(3)n. the condition of being comfortable 舒适; freedom from difficulty, or hardship不费力a life of ease 舒适的生活with ease 毫不费力地,轻而易举地to jump over with ease 很容易跳过去He passed the examination with ease.expose v.to make visible 暴露New fashions are exposing more and more of the body.与to连用He exposes his skin to the sun.to reveal the guilt or wrong doing of 揭露He exposed their plot. 他揭露了他们的阴谋。The crime of the corrupt officials must be exposed without any reserve.对贪官污吏的罪行一定要毫无保留地予以揭发。every time :连词,引导时间状语从句,后省略when;类似的还有 immediately,the moment,directly, instantlyEvery time I meet him, I always think of the things happening between us.I will give the report to him immediately I see him.I came directly I got your message.12.
suggest(1) to offer for con propose (常与that连用)提议;提出;建议。如:I suggested that we should travel by train.(2) to mak intimate or imply 暗示;显出。如:It suggested that you did not catch the 8 o'clock train, but you caught the 8:25 train.(3) suggest后跟从句时,如果表示建议的语气,其后要用虚拟语气。若表示暗示或表明时,不用虚拟语气。13.
outbreak n.(1)a sudden increase 突然发生Police quelled the outbreak of violence.(2) an outburst 突然爆发There has been an outbreak of measles on town.14.
reason and causereason用来解释某种现象或结果的理由,后接 for sth./ doing sth.;cause 指造成某一事实或现象的直接原因,后接 of sth./ doing sth.。如:The reason why she was late is that she didn't get up on time.The cause of the fire is unknown.15.
especially adv.(1) to an extent or degree deserving of special emphasis 特别;格外。如:I love Italy, especially in summer.There is one part of the country with an especially large Indian population. That is southwest.(2) particularly 专门。如:This crown was made especially for the King.(3) 辨析specially与especiallyspecially意为非一般的,非广泛的,主要含义为专门;especially意为特殊,特别。指的是非普通,非寻常的,主要解释为尤其。如:I came here specially to see you.It has been especially hot today.16.
deal with(1) 意为"处理"。如:I don't know how to deal with the problem.At the beginning of this term, we will have many difficulties to deal with.(2) 辨析deal with 与do with两个词组都有"处置"的意思。do with常与连接代词what连用,表示(怎样)处理,安排;和can等连用,表示"有......就行了","凑合用";和can't连用,表示"受不了""不能""不便";和have to连用表示"有关系"。如:I can't remember what I did with my purse.Can you do with a five-pound note?I can't do with him and his temper.Hw has to do with all sorts of people.deal with 常与连接副词how连用,表示"对付""处理""安排""讨论""涉及"等。如:I don't know how to deal with these bad children.I'm used to dealing with matters of this sort.This book deals with questions of Political Economy.17.
similar: adj. related in
alike though not identical 相似的;与外表或性质相关的;尽管不完全相同但相像的。常用短语be similar to, 如:My new dress is similar to the one you have.Learning about languageapart fromwithout considering, besides, except for 除......以外Apart from them, I had no one to talk to.Apart from that, all goes well.as well asApart from being too large, the hat doesn't suit me.除了太大以外, 这顶帽子我戴也不合适。Using language19.
only if 只有,只要 (only放句首时,主句要倒装。)Only if a teacher gives permission is a student allowed to enter the room.If only : (expressing a wish) 如果......就好了 (多用虚拟语气)If only she would come!
要是她来了,就好了。would have done(1)表示对过去的某种情况进行猜测, 或本来要做某事却因某种原因未做成,通常用来说明某一情况,但不象should或ought to 那样含有责备之意。如:I guess the poet would have been about 20 when she wrote her first poem.Another worker wouldn't have acted like that.(2) 相关知识总结:needn't have + 过去分词,表示做了不必做的事,相当于,译为"其实没必要... ..."should have + 过去分词,表示应该做某事但实际上未做,译为"本应该... ..."should not have + 过去分词,表示本不应该做某事但实际上做了,译为"本不应该......"ought to have + 过去分词,表示动作按理该发生了,但实际上未发生,译为"该......"与should的完成式含义类似。enthusiastichaving or demonstrating enthusiasm adj. 热心的,满腔热情的。如:enthusiastic support 热情的支持be enthusiastic about
对某事充满热情reject v.(1) to refuse to accept 拒绝;不接受。如:We rejected his idea for a music club, and decided to have an art club instead.(2) to discard as
throw away 丢弃。如:To choose the good apples and reject the bad ones.Workbookas many as 意思是"多达......,......之多",as...as 中间常接形容词或副词原形。The great fire burned down as many as twenty buildings.As many as 150 readers crowded round the famous writers.as many as + num. + n. (pl.) 多达as long as 长达; 只要as far as 远至... ...; 就... ...而论mark(1) to make a visible trace or impression on, as with a spot, line, or dent 留下印记,使有某种图案等。如:She marked her white dress when she sat on the grass.He marked the floor with chalk.(2) to distinguish or characterize 标志或表示... ...的特征.如:In this way his novel marks a step forward from Rabelais.(3)
to evaluate (academic work) according to a scale of letters and numbers 打分数;评成绩;记考勤。如:Each morning the teacher marks the pupils present, absent or late.The teacher marked the examination papers.II. 日积月累"keep + 宾语 + 宾语补足语" 的结构Keep your mouth shut and your eyes open.2."get interested in ..."
对......产生兴趣。get 在此为系动词。get用法归纳get + sb. + sth. 为某人弄到某物Then I will go and get you a chair.get + sth. adj. 使某物处于某种状态How did you get yourself so dirty?get + sth. + done使某事被做I must get the curtains washed.get + sb. / sth. + doing 让某人(物)行动起来The lecturer soon got us thinking.get + sb. + to do 让某人做某事You must get her to sign that.get + adj. (get 是连系动词)The weather is getting quite warm.[ 能力建构 ]I. 知能训练A. 单词拼写Don't worry! The pilot really knows how to h________ the aeroplane.The idea that the earth is flat was r________ centuries ago.I have come to the c_________ that it would be unwise to accept his proposal.All the other girls in the office c________ to a wedding present for her.We should not conclude that her death was necessarily l______ with the reported outbreak of smallpox.He was a _________ (谨慎的) investor who studied the market before buying.In some Muslim countries women do not ________ (暴露) their faces in public.They had to examine the dead fish before they had a ________ (确切的,肯定的) answer as to what killed them.What are the ___________ (特点) that distinguish the Chinese from the Japanese ?10. The food sample was _________ (分析) and found to contain amounts of poison.B. 选择适当的短语填空put forward
in addition
apart from
(be) strict with
make sense
point of viewToo much work and too little rest often __________ illness.It will take a lot of time, ____________ the cost.Aunt Mary gave us sandwiches for our picnic and a bag of cookies ___________.Are you serious in __________ such a suggestion at the meeting?What he told us about the situation simply doesn't ___________.6.
From your ____________ this may be important, but from mine it is not.7.
You must not mind if your parents ______________ you. That is what they ought to do.C. 完成下列句子1.
_____________________, all goes well. (除了那件事以外)2.
We saw a Mickey Mouse cartoon _________________.(还看了牛仔电影)3. The test is obviously bad because it ________________.(导致不正确的学习方式)4. ________________ make a circle. (挽手)5. No matter how you read it, _______________________.(这句话讲不通)参考答案1. handle 2. rejected 3. conclusion 4. contributed 5. linked 6. cautious 7. expose 8. positive 9. characteristics 10. analysed1. leads to
2. apart from
3. in addition
4. putting forward
5. make sense
6. point of view
7. are strict with1. Apart from that
2. in addition to the cowboy movie
3. leads to incorrect learning
4. Link hands to
5. this sentence doesn't make senseII. 高考链接You can take anything from the shelf and read, but please ______ the books when you've finished with them. (NMET 2004)A. put on
B. put down
C. put back
D. put offWe asked John and Jerry, but ______ of them could offer a satisfactory explanation. (2005北京春招 )A. either
D. neitherThe flowers ______ sweet in the botanic garden attract the visitors to the beauty of nature. (2004 上海 ).A. to smell
B. smelling
D. to be smeltMr. Smith, ______ of the ______ speech, started to read a novel. ( 2003北京春招 )A. boring B. bored
D. boringPrices of daily goods ______ through a computer can be lower than store prices. (2002 北京春招)A. are bought
C. been bought
D. buying解题思路本题考查put的动词短语,put back为把书放回远出,put on穿衣服,put down写下来。答案:C由题意知,此题为两者间的全部否定,答案 D此处为现在分词作定语,修饰flowers,smell是系动词,没有被动语态。答案 Bbe tired of "对......感到厌倦", boring "令人厌烦的", 指事物。答案 A过去分词bought作daily goods的定语,表被动。答案 B[ 单元测评 ]I.单项选择
(15%)--- ________________--- Why? You are quite right in saying that.A. Pardon?
B. I'm sorry.
C. Excuse me.
D. Cheer up2. --- Will six o'clock or seven __________ you?--- Either will _______.A. be
D. be3. --- We didn't see him at the lecture.--- Nor did anyone else. He _________ it.A. must have been absent
B. couldn't have been presentC. can't have been attended to
D. couldn't have gone to4.
It is getting up late in the morning that ______ being late for work.A. devotes to
B. sticks to
C. refers to
D. leads to5. --- You must have been tired out yesterday.--- Oh, ______. I felt as if I were dying.A. not a bit
B. not really
C. not a little
D. not a few6.
He wasn't ______ with what he had gained and wanted to get more.A. content
C. satisfying
D. pleasant7. A good idea ______ me. Let's go fishing.A. beat
B. occurred
D. struck8.
Mother _____ us stories when we were young.A. was used to tell
B. is used to tellingC. used to tell
D. used to telling9.
Go on ______ the other exercise after you have finished this one.A. to do
D. to be doing10.
--- What do you think of the book?--- Oh, excellent. It's worth ______ a second time.A. to read
B. to be read
C. reading
D. being read11.
Do you know the boy ______ under the big tree?A. lay
D. lying12.
There was a terrible noise ______ the sudden burst of light.A. followed
B. following
C. to be followed
D. being followed13.
--- Good morning. Can I help you?--- I'd like to have this package ______, madam.A. be weighted B. to be weighted
C. to weight
D. weighted14.
She pretended ______ me when I passed by.A. not to see
B. not seeing
C. to not see
D. having not see15.
______ more attention, the tree could have grown better.A. Given
B. To give
D. Having givenII.完形填空 (30%)There was once a millionaire who loved money more than anything else in the world. He didn't know
how much he had. So he took on a little girl to
all his money for him.It
the little girl six days to count all the money. When she told the millionaire that he had forty-two million dollars, he was wild with
and asked, "How much do you
?" He thought that because she was only a child, he could
her into taking very small
.The little girl said, "Well, I worked for six days, so I think you
to pay me for six days. Give me two pennies for the first day. Each day after that,
give me the amount you gave me the day before, multiplied by itself." The millionaire thought that in this way he
only have to give her a very dollars. What
a little girl! So he immediately had his lawyer 12
up a contract, that
she would change her
.For the first day, the millionaire paid her two pennies, and for the second day, two pennies times two pennies,
four pennies.Each day after that, he had to give her the amount he had given her the day before, multiplied to
. And on the sixth day, the foolish millionaire
to give the clever girl all his money.How is it
the girl could have all the greedy millionaire's money?
You are interested in it, you may try to
out this maths problem.1.
A. rightly
B. directly
D. exactly2.
A. collect
D. store3.
A. happiness
B. pleasure
D. excitement5.
A. require
C. persuade
D. ought9.
D. also10. A. could
D. would11. A. nice
B. foolish
D. fair12. A. writing
D. making13. A. hoping
B. thinking
C. fearing
D. in order14. A. plan
C. agreement
D. mind15. A. is
D. means16. A. it
D. themselves17. A. had
B. promised
C. managed
D. failed18. A. why
D. which19. A. Because
C. Even if
D. If20. A. set
D. turnIII. 阅读理解 (40%)AWhen a conductor in Spain asked to see her train ticket, Janet Loops, an exercise instructor from Palo Alto, Calif. , reached for her purse---and discovered her wallet was gone. She had no ticket, passport, credit cards, traveler's checks, and cash. It took nearly a week to get a new passport and traveler's checks. Her trip was almost ruined.To guard against such disasters, especially overseas, some experts suggest carrying your money and documents in a small, flat pouch(口袋) around your neck and tucked under your clothing. A fanny pack can be used if carried in front, but be alert(警惕的)---it can be cut off. Other possible ways to foil(阻挠) Wrap rubber bands around a wallet to make it harder to lift from a pocket. Have zippers sewn into your blazer pockets.The key is to stay alert and "pack your common sense," says Alfred Boza, a Miami Beach police detective. Know, for instance, that thieves could be watching for you to leave your bags unattended briefly at airport security checkpoints.If you're driving in unfamiliar places, keep as little as possible in your car's passenger area, where "smash and grab" thieves can get it. That means hiding luggage in the trunk and leaving nothing of value inside the passenger area when the car is parked. Also, never leave maps---the mark of a tourist---visible. "Know where you're going before you get there," Boza says. "When shopping, leave your most expensive purchase for last." Ask at your hotel what parts of the city are dangerous, and avoid them. Before leaving his hotel room, Robin Myers, a computer researcher in Cupertino, Calif. , puts cameras and other articles too large for the hotel safe into luggage with combination(组合)locks.Whenever you are --- in case of an emergency --- have a phone credit card and know how to use it. The card will enable you to call an 800 number for help, sparing you the need for coins or collect calls.According to the passage, Janet Loops was unable to show her ticket to the conductor because _______ .A. she had no ticket at all.
B. she had sent her ticket to a friend.C. she had left her ticket at home.
D. she had had her wallet stolen.2. The word "briefly" in the third paragraph most probably means ______.A. for a short time
B. in a few wordsC. suddenly
D. shortly3. According to the passage, when you park your car in unfamiliar places, you'd better ______.A. put your luggage in the trunk
B. leave little room for passengersC. not give any passenger a lift
D. cover the passenger area with your luggage4. The purpose of the passage is ______.A. to persuade
B. to give informationC. to give warning and advice
D. to give instructionsBPINVILLE, Louisiana --- six-year-old Adam Gildway will do just about anything for a party.He's collected 2,542 telephone books for his school's recycling drive(运动). Piles of old phones line the hallway(门厅) at his house. More piles fill the space under the breakfast bar(餐柜) and a corner of the living room. He's even made a chair out of some of them.Paul Gildway said people had been giving his son their old phone books since a newspaper reported last year, when Adam collected more than 1,300 books --- about one-third of the 4,000 recycled by Lessie Moore Primary School. Gildway also drives Adam around after school to collect from business."As long as he's interested in it, we're going to support him." Said Adam's mother, Linda, "It's worth it. He's worth it." Why does he do it? "To have a party," Adam said. South Central Bell, which sponsors(发起) the drive, throws a party for the class that collects the most books at each school.A Louisiana National Guard truck and some guardsmen were sent in to move last year's piles and piles of books from the Gildway's house."What happens now?" Gildway asked, "We're going to need a convoy."5. The article states that after reading about Adam's collection in the newspaper people ______.A. wrote letter to the boy
B. gave the boy their out-of-date telephone booksC. came to help the boy pile the old books
D. called the phone company6. Paul and Linda Gildway don't seem to mind that there are ______.A. piles of books all over the house
B. phone lines in the hallwayC. 2,542 books sitting on the top of the breakfast barD. 4,000 books recycled by Lessie Moore Primary School7. The story leads you to believe that the Gildway ______.A. own a recycling business
B. wish they had a computerC. believe that Adam is doing something worthwhileD. hope to hold a party for their son8. In the last paragraph, the word underlined means ______.A. special kind of calculator
B. two-car garageC. group of trucks
D. big house9. What's the aim of the drive of collecting old books?A. To have a try.
B. To get money with the old books.C. To make chairs out of the old books. D. To recycle the waste.CWhen people advise your children to "get an education", if you want to raise your payment, they tell you only half the truth. What they really mean is to get just enough education to give manpower(人力) for your society, but not so much that you prove a difficulty to your society.Get a high school diploma(文凭), at least. Without that, you are occupationally(在职业上) dead, unless your name happens to be George Bernard Shaw or Thomas Alva Edison and you can successfully stop study in primary school.Get a college degree, if possible. With a BA(学士学位), you should start to find a job. You have to put on the brakes now. if you do go for a master's degree, make sure it is an M.B.A and only from a first-class university. Otherwise, the famous law of diminishing returns(报酬递减律) begins to work.Do you know, for example, that long-distance truck drivers make more money a year than full professors? Yes, each driver was paid $28,000 in 1997 while a full professor managed to get $27,930.A Ph.D. is the highest degree you can get, but except in a few specialized fields such as physics or chemistry, where the degree can quickly be turned to industrial or commercial(营利的) aim, you are facing a not very bright future. There are more Ph. Ds unemployed in this country than in any other part of the world by far."If you became Ph. D. in English or history or political science or languages or --- worst of all --- in philosophy(哲学), you take the risk of becoming over-educated for our national demands.Thousands of Ph. Ds are selling shoes, driving taxis, writing on table and filling out applications month after month, and then may be taking a job in some high school or college with the pay much less than the door-keeper makes.10. If you don't want to be occupationally dead, ______.A. you should look for a job in primary schoolB. you must at least get a high school diplomaC. you have to change your name for Bernard Shaw or Edison.D. you should go on learning and become a doctor of physics or chemistry11. The writer advises people to " put on the brakes " after getting a BA. Here " put on the brakes"
in the sentence means __________.A. stop learning for higher degreeB. take up a master's degree at onceC. go on studying in a first- class universityD. start learning the " law of diminishing returns"12. The writer suggests that getting a Ph. D is generally considered to be __________.A. unnecessary
B. foolishC. of great value
D. a must13. Which of the following is NOT true ?A. Neither Bernard Shaw nor Edison finished high school.B. There are more Ph. Ds than the society demands.C. The higher your education level is ,the more money you'll earn.D. If you are over- educated, you can not easily get a good job.DEconomics is a way of understanding human behavior and of solving problems that characteristically involved scarcity(限制产量以保证利润的经济理论). Economics is important because it provides a method to help make clear a wide range of problems affecting human welfare. It has traditionally been thought that economics is concerned with such broad topics
the problem and d the det employm short-term changes in the level
and long-term changes in the level
and long-term trends that make some nations rich and keep others poor.But economics has actually been concerned also with welfare, working and living conditions, and freedom of the individual person. The 19th century English economist Alfred Marshall sought to show the universal importance of economics when he said that it is a study of man in the ordinary business of life. He also noted that economics examines that part of individual social activity that is concerned with getting and using the materials necessary for health and happiness.Economics is a study of wealth and an important part of the study of man. This is because man's character has been shaped by his daily work, and the material resources he gains from it. In general, then, economics is about individual and social behavior and values. You cannot understand much about your society without having some knowledge of economics.14. The passage primarily deals with _______.A. understanding human behavior
B. the definition and importance of economicsC. a study of wealth and man's characterD. the relationship between economics and society15. Economics would list all the following as its subjects except ______.A. stock market
B. international tradeC. population increase
D. production and consumption(消费)16. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?A. Traditional theory of economics is too general and misdirected.B. The English economist laid much emphasis on the individual person.C. Economics is helpful in shaping man's character and possession.D. One cannot understand society well without the knowledge of economics.17. The author wrote this passage most probably for ______.A. economics
B. government officialsC. individual businessmen
D. the general readersEHow To BookBooking opens for Bekett Shorts on 8 September.BY TELEPHONEFor credit card bookings. Calls are answered.BOX OFFICE 9am---8pm (Mon.--- Sat.) (24 hours, 7 days, no booking charge).BY FAXFor credit card bookings. Please allow at least 48 hours for reply, if required.BOX OFFICE or .BY POSTPlease enclose a cheque or credit card details together with an SAE or add 50p to the total amount to cover postage. Please send to the Box Office, RST, Stratfordupon-Avon, CV376BBBooking opens for all other plays on 19 September.IN PERSONBOX OFFICERSTnhall, 9:30am---8pm (Mon.---Sat.) (6pm when theaters are closed).OVERSEAS BOOKINGThe easiest method of payment is by credit card. You can also pay by: Euricheque(up to 500 pounds) with your card number written on the back.PAYING FOR YOUR TICKETSCREDIT CARDSWe accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and Diners Club. Please give the card number, name and address of cardholder.CHEQUESCheques and postal order should be payable to : Royal Shakespeare Theater.18. In which of the following ways of booking does one probably have to pay extra money?A. In person.
B. By telephone.C. By fax.
D. By post.19. One has to wait for 2 days or longer for a reply if he/she pays _______.A. in person
B. By telephoneC. By fax
D. By post20. What is useful number to call at 11am Sunday?A.
D. IV. 短文改错I visit the zoo yesterday, but I was very unhappy and
1.______angry with the things that I saw. The large animals were
2.______in small cages. The lion was walking back or forth. It was
3.______completely bored. The tiger was asleep all afternoon. I saw
4.______people feeding to the fish, they were throwing rice and meat
5.______into the pond, that could kill the fish, but no one tried to
6.______stop them. When I had drink at the zoo restaurant, the waiter
7.______served me rude. Outside the restaurant, the rubbish bins were
8.______full and rubbish was blowing everywhere. It seems that the
9.______zoo is not look after the animals or the visitors very well.
10.______V. 书面表达为了丰富 外国留学生的生活,你校学生会将会举办一次音乐周活动。请你以组织者的身份写一个书面通知。有关内容如下:时间:5月第一周活动:1. 演唱歌曲: 流行歌曲2. 乐器演奏: 古典和民间音乐3. 音乐比赛: 听歌曲片段, 然后猜出处4. 地点:
届时通知, 参加者请于4月20日前报名字数: 100字左右(古典的 classical,
民间的 folk,
比赛 contest)[参考答案]单项选择
DBDAA完形填空
BABDB阅读理解
1--- 20 DAAC
DCB短文改错1. visit---visited
2. with---about
3. or---and
4. correct5. feeding 后的to 删除
6. that---which
7. drink前加a8. rude---rudely
9. blowing---blown
10. is---does书面表达Dear students,The Student Union has decided to organize a music week. It will be held in the first week of May. The activities include singing pop songs and playing classical and folk music. A music contest will be included, too. The students taking part in the contest will listen to part of a song or a piece of music, and then guess where it comes from. If you'd like to take part in the music week, please come and sign up for it before April 20th. The place for the activities will be announced later.Come to the great fun!Student Union
April 10, 2005[课文同步参考答案]ComprehendingEx 1Scientific Report by John SnowThe problemNobody knew the cause of the serious disease of cholera.The causeIdea 1: strange cloud in the air that attacked victimsIdea 2: people absorbed the disease with their mealsThe methodCollect data from the next cholera attack to test theories. Try to prove which method was correct.The resultsHe found the cause of cholera was the polluted water.Idea 1 or 2? Why?Idea 2. Because the data showed a connection with the water.The conclusionJohn Snow was able to defeat cholera once its cause was known.Ex 2Two diseases, which are similar today, are SARS and AIDS because they are both very serious, have an unknown cause and need public health care to solve them.John Snow finally proved his idea because he found an outbreak that was clearly related to cholera, collected information and was able to tie cases outside the area to the polluted water.No. The map helped John Snow organize his ideas. He was able to identify those households that had had many deaths and check their water-drinking habits. He identified those houses that had had no deaths and surveyed their drinking habits. The evidence clearly pointed to the polluted water being the cause.Learning about LanguageDiscovering useful words and expressionsEx 1examined
put orward
immediately
valuableEx 2make a telephone call
make a decision
make a plan
make a contribution
make a speechmake a conclusion
make a noise
make a change
descriptionmake an achievementDiscovering useful structuresEx1Doctor John Snow was a well-known doctor in London. ( attribute )John Snow told the astonished people in Broad Street.He got interested in the two theories. ( predicative )Neither its cause, nor its cure was understood.Ex2Past Participle as the AttributePast Participle as the Predicative6 astonished children7 a broken vase8 a closed door9 the tired audience10 a trapped animal1 people who are terrified2 seats which are reserved3 water that is polluted4 a room that is crowded5 a winner who is pleasedEx3blamed
3. disappointed
4. shocked / depressed
5. excited
6. infectedUsing LanguageListening and speakingListening TextA GREAT CHINESE SCIENTISTFather of the Chinese space programYu Ping is talking to her friend Steve Smith about Qian Xuesen and his work as a rocket scientist.YP: What do you want to be when you grow up?SS: I want to be an astronomer and visit stars. I wish to visit Mars one day.YP: I think I'd like to work in the space industry too. I'd like to be a rocket scientist like Qian Xuesen.SS: What did he have to do to become a rocket scientist?YP: Well, he first studied at university to be an engineer. Then he was lucky enough to go to America to study for his doctor's degree. It was then he began to work on the rockets there.SS: So it was lucky for our space program that he came back to China.YP: Very lucky. There was no work on space rockets before he began his institute in China to design and build rockets to go into space.SS: Do you think he wanted to travel into space in one of his rockets?YP: I have no idea but I believe he looked forward to the first space flight by a Chinese astronaut.SS: Yes. China has already sent satellites into space. I hope that we'll be the first to land on Mars. That would readily be something special and if I were that astronaut I would put Qian Xuesen's picture on Mars to show how much we admire his work.YP: Indeed. He is called the father of the Chinese space program. He is my hero and he is why I want to be a rocket scientist.SS: Well, we'd better get on with our homework. We need good grades to get into university.YP: Right you are. See you, then.SS: See you.Ex 1Qian Xuesen first studied to be an engineer.In America he began to work on space rockets so that he was able to develop a space program when he came back to China.When Qian Xuesen returned to China, he set up a Space Institute to begin training people in how to design and build rockets.In China he has been honored as "the father of Chinese space program".Steve Smith suggested putting Qian Xuesen's picture on Mars when the first Chinese astronaut lands there.Reading and writingEx 1Before Copernicus'theoryShowing Copernicus' theoryA diagram showing the solar system with the earth at its centerA diagram showing the solar system with the sun at its centerWorkbookListening TextNAMING A FLOWERHere is Robert Briggs talking to Zhang Wei about a new flower he has found.RB: Hello, Zhang Wei, I've found a new kind of lily. I know this one is special because of its size and its color.ZW: How can you find out if it really is a new kind?RB: I'll have to take it to a lily specialist. All the different kinds of lily are collected in a book. He'll see if my lily is there.ZW: Who wrote the book? Why don't you go and see him about your flower?RB: I can't! He's been dead for three hundred years. His name was Karl Linnaeus and he lived in Sweden from 1707 to 1778.ZW: That was so long ago! Haven't they found a better way since then?RB: But you don't understand. He solved a very serious problem for biology.ZW: What was that?RB: Before him nobody was able to tell if a plant or animal was new or not as there was no way of checking. There're so many animals and plants, trees and flowers.ZW: So how did this man do it?RB: He saw all plants and animals have to produce young plants and animals. For example, animals produce babies, birds lay eggs and plants produce seeds.ZW: How does this help?RB: Well, all plants produce seeds but some animals have babies and others lay eggs. So you can use this to start sorting them out.ZW: Can you give me an example?RB: There are large groups like birds. All birds have feathers and lay eggs to produce baby birds. But not all birds are the same. So they're divided into different species of bird like a parrot or a blackbird.ZW: I see. What sort of groups did he make?RB: He wanted to make it easy to find the animals and plants in his book, so he gave them two names each. One is for the large group and the other for the species. So, in the book, a parrot is called " bird, parrot".ZW: I see. So if your flower is new it will be called " lily, Robert", will it?RB: Yes, it will - if I'm very lucky.ZW: Well, I hope you're successful. Goodbye.RB: Goodbye.Ex 2S S ; youn bird, parrotUsing Words and ExpressionsEx 1Expose... link... connect... defeatedEx 2Apart from going to the park, I have not been outside my flat this summer.The results of the scientific experiments are valuable to us and they will contribute to the success of our research.In addition to a good income I am offering you a new flat to live in.It is difficult to make a conclusion without enough evidence.Please check carefully after you complete the writing and make sure all the sentences make sense.You're going to attend the lecture, aren't you? But you don't seem very enthusiastic about it.Too much work and too little rest often leads to illness.The government announced that the disease was under control.Professor Yang is strict with his assistants. They must do the experiments according to his instructions.Ex 3PrefixMeaningExamplesco-togetherco-operative, co-ordinate, co-optim-in-un-dis-notimpossible, impractical, improbableinactive, inaccurate, inadvisableunnecessary, unpleasant, unluckydisappointed, dishonestmid-in the middlemid-air, mid-day, mid-Atlanticmis-wrongly, badlymisunderstand, misinform, misjudgeover-too muchovereager, overweight, overworkre-againreinvent, rearrange, rebuildtele-distanttelephone, telescope, telegramunder-not enoughunderpaid, underdeveloped, underdoneEx 41; 4; 1; 1; 3; 1; 2; 1Using StructuresEx 11 prepared
2 interested
3 worried, continued
5 concerned
6 frightenedEx 2I found this broken plate on the floor.I saw a tall, dark and handsome man called Xiao Ming.I looked at that modern abstract painting colored in yellows and greens.Yesterday I got the expected answer to my question.She is my friend devoted to my interests.On the doorstep I found a lot of bottles were labeled in green ink.We saw many cracked windows in that room.Listening TaskListening TextA Mathematician's ProblemHere is John Smith talking to Zhao Yang about a mathematician who interests him.JS: Did you know that we have been studying Euler's work in maths?ZY: Are you sure? I don't ever remember hearing that name before.JS: Well, he was a famous mathematician in the 18th century. He revised and analysed all the pure mathematics that was known in his day.ZY: That probably wasn't very much.JS: You are wrong there. He wrote more than any other mathematician before or since. He laid the foundations for all later mathematical work. He was a great mathematician.ZY: Really! Well what did he do that I will recognize?JS: He introduced a lot of symbols into mathematics that we use today such as the symbol for pi. He was the first to use the terms sin and cosin. He wrote books and articles about geometry, calculus and mechanics.ZY: Wow!JS: And he did half of this work when he was blind.ZY: How did he do that?JS: He remembered all the information in his head. Then someone else wrote it down when he told them his ideas.ZY: He doesn't sound very practical to me. Did he do anything that I would find useful and interesting?JS: He did introduced a new branch of mathematics called topology, which is both of those things. It is a form of geometry that helps you understand things by turning them into diagrams. The subway is a good example. It does not tell you distances but it shows you how stations connect together.ZY: How did he start topology?JS: Well, in 1735 he was inspired by a problem in the city of Konigsberg where the lived. Look at the map in your book. It had a river running through it. The centre of Konigsberg is an island and as it passes the island the river breaks into two parts. Seven bridges were built so that the people of the city could get from one part to another. The people wondered if you could walk around the city so that you would cross each bridge only once.ZY: Let me try that. It sounds quite simple to me.JS: OK.ZY: Why don't you students have a go and see if you can do it? It is not as easy as it looks.Ex 1Circle: analyse, pure, foundation, symbol, π, sin, cosin, geometry, calculus, mathematics, practical, topologyEx2Euler's achievementsExamplesNew symbols and termsπ, sin, cosinOld areas of mathematicsRevised and analysed all maths of his dayNew areas of mathematicstopologyImportanceintroduced a lot o wrote more books than anyone beforeEx3There is no Euler path for this figure. Look at Figrue 4 in the Reading task. It is a Euler path for Figure 3.}

我要回帖

更多关于 公文改错 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信