shaysto to是什么意思思

请教英国的俚语(在读英文小说时遇到的)shite,tae,whae,ivir,cunt,oan,shink,git,oot,ootay,shays,wee,wis aye,shtrong这些词是什么意思
shite【英】【口】=shit【俚】(表示厌恶、恼怒等)呸!放屁!tae=towhae=whoivir= ever cunt=female,ladyoan=onshink=thinkgit=getoot=outootay=out ofshays=sayswee:1.极小的,很小的a wee bit一点儿2.很早的the wee hours of the morning凌晨一两点钟3.=To urinate撒尿wis=wasaye:1.是;好;赞成2.(海员等回答上级命令时说)明白n.1.赞成票;投赞成票者;肯定的回答[C]The ayes have it.投赞成票者占多数.shtrong=strong
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
shite:呸!sorry,i'm only know this one
你的小说是盗版的!或者是黑人英语!好几个都不懂!连cunt有出来了!很多俚语都是按对话时的发音拼写的,你自己根据上下文揣测一下!其实也没必要刻意去学这些,平时看多就懂了,推荐你听听说唱!
shite(shit), cunt, git 都是脏话shink = think?ootay = okshays = sayswee = tiny, smallwis = withaye = i agreeshtrong = strong其余我也猜不出啦
如果不给语境很难理解的
扫描下载二维码2012 Senate race beckons soon-to-be free agent Shays - StamfordAdvocate
Neil Vigdor, Staff Writer
Photo: File Photo
CaptionClose
Former U.S. Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., shown here in 2009.
Former U.S. Rep. Christopher Shays, R-Conn., shown here in 2009.
Photo: File Photo
2012 Senate race beckons soon-to-be free agent Shays
Back to Gallery
of Connecticut politics, as in will he or won't he return, former Republican U.S. Rep.
confirmed Thursday he is entertaining a bid for Senate in 2012.
"I'm giving it a long, hard look," Shays told Greenwich Time and The Advocate during an interview in Darien, where he grew up.
A fixture in the House of Representatives from 1987 to 2008, Shays is now co-chairman of a special commission created by Congress to look into military contracting.
The commission is scheduled to release its final report at the end of August and dissolve in September, leaving Shays with the ability to become a full-time candidate for the seat of retiring incumbent .
Shays, 65, ruled out a run for governor last year after floating a trial balloon.
"When I was considering running for governor, I knew I would have to leave the commission before we completed our work," Shays said. "Now that my work on the commission is finishing, I have a wonderful opportunity to think about running for Senate."
Shays' comments come just days after the release of a poll by
showing Shays in a statistical dead-heat with U.S. Rep. , D-Conn., in a hypothetical matchup for Senate. The survey of 500 registered Connecticut voters had Murphy, who entered the race in January after Lieberman announced his retirement, leading Shays 42 to 40 percent.
The same poll had Murphy leading former WWE wrestling executive , who lost to longtime Democratic Attorney General
in the 2010 Senate race, 52 to 36 percent.
McMahon is also mulling jumping into the Republican field, as well as former Lt. Gov.
and , a former U.S. comptroller general who coincidentally bought Shays' former home in Bridgeport.
Recently elected state GOP Chairman
Jr. acknowledged that he has spoken to Shays about the prospect.
"He has a tremendous record of dedicated public service, serving as congressman for 20 years," Labriola said. "He would make a terrific candidate for ."
Labriola characterized the poll results, which showed Shays leading former Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz 48 to 37 percent, as telling.
"I think it's a testament to the weakness of the Democratic field and their national economic policies that we're attracting very qualified candidates interested in running for high office," Labriola said.
In addition to Murphy and Bysiewicz, the Democratic field includes state Rep. , of Stamford.
"I am sure that my counterpart would like to think that the
have weak candidates and the
have strong ones, but just look at the history in Connecticut," state Democratic Chairwoman Nancy DiNardo said. "I am confident that all of these seats are going to stay Democratic in 2012."
Bucking a national trend that saw a GOP takeover in the
and the rise of the tea party movement in 2010, Connecticut remained true blue. Democrats swept all five congressional races, as well as every statewide office. Currently, they control the governor's office and both chambers of the .
Shays lost his seat of 21 years in 2008 to , who is currently serving his second term. During Shays' final term he was the lone New England Republican in the House.
"Chris, as with all the other Republicans, is more than welcome to compete in this race," DiNardo said. "But my question to him is, will he be taking these same extreme right-wing positions that so many other Republicans are taking, and is he waiting this out so he does not have to weigh in on the budget deficit and all of these other issues that are facing the country?"
After losing the 2008 race, Shays moved to St. Michaels, Md., and eventually sold his home in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport.
He and his wife, Betsi, own a condominium in Bridgeport, which they bought at the time he was debating whether to run for governor last year.
"Has he moved back to Connecticut yet?" DiNardo said.
Of the voters polled by Luntz, 46 percent had a favorable impression of Shays, compared to 19 percent unfavorable, a differential that GOP insiders said speaks volumes about the former congressman.
"I consider him a stalwart Republican and an asset to our party," Labriola said.
Staff writer
can be reached at neil. or 203-625-4436.