想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩8页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Last night Tom had a Chinese food 哪错了
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码小题1:D小题2:C小题3:D小题4:C小题5:A小题6:B小题7:D小题8:B小题9:A小题10:C小题11:D小题12:C小题13:B小题14:A小题15:B小题16:A小题17:C小题18:D小题19:B小题20:A试题分析:本文通过和出租车司机的一番对话,告诉我们真正幸福的人是那些乐于奉献的人。小题1:D 短语辨析。这里Pick up指用车接某人;我很快就上了一辆出租车。小题2:C 上下文串联。上文提及这个司机很生气,那么我就会问对方出了什么事情。故C正确。小题3:D 名词辨析。A朋友B陌生人C司机D顾客;指他在机场没有接到客人,所以很生气。小题4:C 副词辨析。A从未B甚至D慢慢D迅速;指他的怒火慢慢第消失了。小题5:A 上下文串联。根据下文他们讨论的最幸福的人就是最会奉献的人,说明A正确。小题6:B 名词辨析。A善良B机会C建议D钱;他希望在他的生活中有更多奉献的机会。小题7:D 动词辨析。A介意B停止C允许D喜欢;我喜欢和这个司机在一起了。小题8:B 词义辨析。A收集B奉献C收到D存在;我们讨论了为什么奉献对于双方都有好处以及实践的方法。小题9:A 动词辨析。A实践B解释C注视D考虑;我们讨论了为什么奉献对于双方都有好处以及实践的方法。小题10:C 动词辨析。A印刷B记录C付钱D检查;我到达目的地以后付我的车费。小题11:D 名词辨析。A冒险B信息C语言D感觉;我想和你分享一下我的感觉。小题12:C 动词辨析。A拒绝B提高C拥有D花费;你可以拥有我给你的额外的钱。小题13:B 名词辨析。A方向B力量C重量D尺寸;如果你想经历奉献的力量,请告诉下一位乘客…小题14:A 动词辨析。A分享B挣得C忘记D错过;用他们的方法来分享这些感激之情。小题15:B 名词辨析。A礼物B主意C观点D乘坐;我有一个更好的主意,你把这些钱给一个无家可归的人。小题16:A 形容词辨析。A无家可归的B本地的C漂亮的D勇敢的;你把这些钱给一个无家可归的人。小题17:C 形容词辨析。A厌倦的B舒服的C免费的D安全的;我免费送下一位客人。小题18:D 上下文串联。根据文章第一段可知之前这位司机曾经非常第生气。小题19:B 动词辨析。A挽救B发现C保护D告诉;我想找到一个需要帮助的人来奉献我的爱心。小题20:A 词义辨析。A学习B准备C完成D提供;指我遇见了这位司机学到了这样的一个教训。点评:本文通过和出租车司机的一番对话,告诉我们真正幸福的人是那些乐于奉献的人。从本篇完型可以看出考生对首段应该给与足够的重视,因为往往它就是文章的中心,它体现的观点往往决定了全文的观点,所以多花一点时间看首段是永远是值得的。同时考生在选择答案时要根据上下文的复现或同现以及这些词之间的有机联系来确定答案。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
When I was a little girl, I found love in a box all because of a class assignment. On a Friday night I &&36&&at the dinner table, “My teacher said we have to bring a box, a special box, for our valentines on Monday”.Mother said, “We’ll see,” and she continued eating.What did “We’ll see” mean? I had to have that box, &&37&&my second grade Valentine’s Day would be a disaster. Maybe they didn’t love me enough to help me with my &&38&&.All Saturday I waited &&39&&and with Sunday arriving, my concern increased. However, I &&40&&that an enquiry about the box would &&41&&anger or loud voices, for in my house children only asked once. More than that &&42&&trouble.Late Sunday afternoon, my father called me into the kitchen. The table was covered with different kinds of colorful &&43&&. A (n) &&44&&shoebox rested on top of it. &&45&&flooded through me when Daddy said, “Let’s get started &&46&&your project.”In the next hour my father &&47&&the shoebox into an impressive valentine box. Colorful paper covered the ugly cardboard with red hearts &&48&&to what I considered all the right places. He sang while he worked. When he finished, he was so delighted that a &&49&&smile spread across his face. “What do you think of that?” he asked.I answered him with a hug.But inside, &&50&&danced all the way to my heart. It was the first time that my father had devoted so much &&51&&to me, for his world consisted only of work.The holiday party arrived, and my classmates put cards and presents into the valentine boxes. Laughter filled our classroom until dismissal time &&52&.On the way home, I held out my valentine box for the world to &&53&&. The love that filled it meant more to me than all the valentines inside.The valentine box became a symbol of his love that &&54&&through decades of other Valentine’s Days. My father gave me other gifts through the years, but none &&55&&compared with the love I felt within the limits of the old, empty shoebox.小题1:A.announcedB.appearedC.servedD.sat小题2:A.andB.butC.orD.so小题3:A.designB.planC.ideaD.project小题4:A.sadlyB.anxiouslyC.disappointedlyD.patiently小题5:A.foundB.realizedC.knewD.imagined小题6:A.startB.causeC.markD.produce小题7:A.invitedB.tookC.savedD.had小题8:A.boxesB.giftsC.paperD.food小题9:A.newB.bigC.attractiveD.empty小题10:A.RelaxationB.ReliefC.CheerD.Calm小题11:A.byB.atC.inD.on小题12:A.foldedB.packedC.changedD.pressed小题13:A.joinedB.attachedC.linkedD.connected小题14:A.slightB.briefC.broadD.confident小题15:A.joyB.funC.interestD.amusement小题16:A.moneyB.timeC.supportD.hope小题17:A.reachedB.setC.spentD.came小题18:A.acceptB.respectC.admireD.recognize小题19:A.carriedB.keptC.spreadD.lasted小题20:A.everB.evenC.yetD.still
题型:阅读理解
When I was young, I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs. He didn’t look like any doctor I’d ever known. He never shouted at us for playing in his yard. I remembered him as a neighbor who was nicer than anyone else in the neighborhood.When Dr. Gibbs was happy, he was planting trees. And his life’s goal was to make it a forest.Dr. Gibbs had some interesting theories about planting. He talked about trees that weren’t watered would grow deep roots in search of water. So he never watered his trees. He planted an oak (橡树) and, instead of watering it every morning, he beat it with the rolled-up newspaper. I asked him why he did that, and he said it was to get the tree’s attention.Dr. Gibbs died a couple of years. Every now and again, I walk by his house and look at the trees that he planted twenty-five years ago. They’re very strong now.I planted a couple of trees a few years later. I watered them regularly and took good care of them. Whenever a cold wind blows, they shake their leaves and branches.The funny thing about those trees of Dr. Gibbs was that difficulty seemed to help them in ways comfort and ease never could.小题1:What was Dr. Gibbs’ life goal?A.To build a forest.B.To save more lives.C.To make a lot of money.D.To study plants.小题2:One of Dr. Gibbs’ theories about planting was that ______.A.he often talked to the treesB.he kicked the trees heavilyC.he never watered the treesD.he buried the leaves around the roots小题3:What does the writer mainly want to tell us?A.Trees are not as weak as we think.B.We should listen to others’ advice.C.Difficulty is necessary for growth.D.Planting trees is good for the environment.
TS said that everyone has a changing circle of friends. However, no matter how frequently we renew our phone books, some names always remain. These names remind us of the good times we spent together with our friends. Though we may not see them every& day, they will always stay in our hearts. Tom was often called "Big Head" at school because of his extraordinarily large head. He was one of my close friends at primary school. But since graduation, we have been studying in different cities and haven't seen each other for a long time. Several days ago, I received an e-mail saying that my former classmates from primary school were holding a party to get together and chat about past memories. I was so excited because [ would get to see Tom again. What would he look like now? Would we still feel as close to each other as we had done back then? I was a little frightened about what I would find. When I arrived at the party, I did manage to recognize Tom. However, he was much taller than he had been before. What's more, his head was no longer big. "Hi, Buddy. Do you recognize me?" Tom walked towards me. "Of course. How could I ever forget our ' Big Head' ," I said jokingly, "But where has your big head gone?" "Haha, maybe it didn't keep up with the steps of time and stayed in the past," Tom patted his own head and answered with a laugh. All my misgivings suddenly disappeared. I realized that time had changed us outwardly, but our friendship hadn't changed at all. I chatted happily with Tom about our shared experiences in primary school. Then I looked around the small room and saw different faces, both familiar and unfamiliar, but none of them the faces of strangers. The whole party was filled with a warm atmosphere. Everyone was lost in the sweet memories of childhood. They forgot all their present-day stresses and pressures. "Hey, what are you thinking about? Come and get some pizza!" A call from a friend woke me up from my thoughts. I hurried towards the table. "Wait! That biggest piece is mine!"小题1:Why are some names always in our phone books?A.Because everyone has a changing circle of friends.B.Because we sometimes forget to renew phone books.C.Because we'll never forget some of our friends.D.Because our circle of friends will not change.小题2:According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?A.Tom has changed a lot since primary school.B.Tom invited the author to the get-together party by email.C.The author recognized Tom immediately because of his big head.D.Tom couldn't recognize the author at the first sight.小题3:What does the underlined word "misgiving" mean (in para. 8 )?A.expectation and excitementB.worries and doubtsC.stresses and pressuresD.shyness and nervousness小题4:The author writes the last paragraph to showA.others can't understand what the author is thinking aboutB.The pizzas are not adequate for everyone in the partyC.the author wants to have a big pizza very muchD.the author enjoys the warm atmosphere of the party greatly小题5:Which of the following proverbs can be used to conclude this passage.'?A.A friend in need is a friend indeed.B.Time reveals a person's heart.C.F the older, the better.D.A faithful friend is hard to find.
A high school history teacher once told us, “If you make one close friend in school, you will be most fortunate. A true friend is someone who stays with you for life."_26_ teaches that he was right. Good friendship is just not easily _27_.It is possible that we simply do not stay in one place long enough for_28_friendship to _29_. However, there can be_30_disagreement on the need for each of us to think carefully about the kind of friendship we want.To most of us, friendships are considered very important, but we need to have it clear in our _31_ what kinds of friendship we want. Are they to be close or _32_ at arm's length? Do we want to _33_ourselves or do we want to walk on the surface? For some people, many friendships on the surface are _34_enough—and that' s all right. But at some point we need to 35 that our expectations are the same as our friends' expectations. The sharing of_36_experience _37_ our tears as well as our dark dreams is the surest way to deepen friendships. But it _38_be undertaken(进行) slowly and carried on only if there are _39_of interest and action in return.  What are some of the _40_of friendship? The greatest is the attraction to expect too much too soon. Deep relationships _41_time. Another “major difficulty" is the selfishness to think one “possesses" the other, including his time and attention. Similarly, friendships _42_ actions in return. In 43 words, you must give as much as you take. Finally there is a question of taking care of. Unless you spend _44_time together, talking on the phone, writing letters, doing things together, friendships will die _45_?. 小题1:A.Knowledge B.TeachersC.Experience D.Parents小题2:A.understoodB.formed C.realizedD.produced小题3:A.true B.common C.deeply D.actual小题4:A.design B.intend C.developD.appear小题5:A.no B.some C.anyD.none小题6:A.hearts B.thoughts C.actions D.minds小题7:A.remained B.left C.kept D.stayed小题8:A.ownB.owe C.ShareD.spare小题9:A.that B.very C.quite D.not小题10:A.make sure B.remember C.expect D.check out小题11:A.social B.ordinaryC.good D.personal小题12:A.includes B.to include C.including D.included小题13:A.can B.need C.will D.must小题14:A.marks B.sights C.senceD.signs小题15:A.difficulties B.differences C.advantages D.things小题16:A.cost B.spend C.ask D.take小题17:A.require B.requestC.depend D.suggest小题18:A.some B.many C.other D.different小题19:A.reasonable B.comfortable C.less D.a lot小题20:A.for B.away C.out D.from
Adults usually do not remember most of the things that are taught by their teachers at school. But this story is one such lesson that I will never forget. Every time I drift off course, I think of this story.It was a normal Monday morning, and my teacher was teaching us on important things in life and about devoting ourselves to what is important to us. This is how the story went: An old man lived in a certain part of London, and he would wake up every morning and go to the subway. He would get onto the train right to Central London, and then sit at the street corner and beg. He would do this every single day of his life. He sat at the same street corner and begged for almost 20 years.His house was dirty, and a stench (恶臭) came out of the house and it smelled terrible. The neighbors could not stand the smell any more, so they called for the police officers to clear the place. The officers knocked down the door and cleaned the house. There were small bags of money all over the house that he had collected over the years.The police counted the money, and they soon realized that the old man was a millionaire (百万富翁). They waited outside his house expecting to share the good news with him. When the old man arrived home that evening, one of the officers told him that there was no need for him to beg any more as he was a rich man now, a millionaire.But the old man he went into his house and locked the door. The next morning he woke up as usual, went to the subway, sat at the street corner and continued to beg.Clearly, this old man had no great plans, dreams or anything significant (有意义的) for his life. We learn nothing from this story other than staying focused on the things we enjoy doing.小题1:The neighbor called the police because ______.A.the old man kept begging money from them every dayB.there was something dangerous in the old man’s houseC.the old man wouldn’t buy tickets for the trainD.they couldn’t bear the smell from the old man’s house小题2:When the old man knew he was a millionaire, he ______.A.remained calmB.became excitedC.felt worriedD.became nervous小题3:What lesson do we learn from the story?A.Make great plans for your life.B.Keep on doing what you like.C.Do something that is good to society.D.Depend on yourself rather than others.
Dear Aunty,After years of her crying. I finally gave in and allowed my daughter to have a cat. I now regret my decision. As someone needs to have a clean, tidy house, I no longer feel relaxed in my own home. If I tell her, “sorry, the cat has to go.” She will be heartbroken. What can I do?-Feline PhobicDear Phobic,I’m an animal lover and on your kid’s and cat’s side. Tell your daughter your problem. Ask her to help you come up with a plan. Perhaps you can agree to allow the cat only in certain areas of the house. This is a chance for your daughter to develop the sense of responsibility owning a pet requires.Dear Aunty,I got the highest grade on a biology test. Now the popular kids think I’m brainy, and want me in their lab group. I knew I was being used. Now, they want my homework. What should I do?-LilyDear Lily.Popularity can come at a price, but it’s no excuse to cheat. Offer to help new friends with their homework, but don’t give them yours.Dear Aunty,I’m one of six assistants in a dental(牙科的) office. But I’m new-there just four months. I’ve tried to join conversations, but they just ignore me. They go shopping together. No one invites me. How can I break into the circle?-CrystalDear Crystal,Humans run in packs like dogs. When a new dog enters the pack, a lot of discovery goes on. So bring cookies for everyone! Then try making friends with one co-worker. Invite her to lunch. When you get familiar with each other, tell her how hard you’re finding the situation at work. chances are, she’ll take you under her wing.小题1:Aunty thinks that Phobic should &&&&&&&.A.try to persuade her daughter to give in.B.spend more time cleaning the house.C.ask her daughter to help tidy upD.find a better way to keep the cat.小题2:The underlined word “brainy” in the passage means &&&&&&&.A.excitedB.friendlyC.intelligentD.hard-working小题3:According to the passage, &&&&&&.A.Phobic can’t get along well with her daughter.B.Aunty is fond of animals like cats.C.Crystal’s coworkers are cheating her.D.Lily has no interest in lab experiments.
For each blank in the following passage there are four words or phrases marked A, B, C and D. Fill in each blank with the word or phrase that best fits the context.Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father!Lydia M. ChildWhen I was a little girl, my father had a time-honored tradition. Following my bedtime story, he would give me a nose &36 &, and whisper the most wonderful words into my ear. “Michelle, of all the little girls in the whole wide world . . .” he would pause.“ Yes, Daddy?”“ How did your mommy and I get so &37 &to get the best one?”&38 &he had time to finish, I would say, “You got me!” And then he would continue , “The best little girl in the whole wide world, and we got you.” He would end with a bear hug and &39 &kiss to my forehead.Years passed and my father never missed a night, even when I thought he should have. After my basketball team was &40 &, he came into my room.“ Michelle, of all the basketball players in the whole wide world,” he paused.“ Yes, Daddy?” I stared at the floor.“ How did your mom and I get so lucky to get the best one?”“ You didn’t.”“ Of course we did, Michelle. We have you.”After I &41 &from college, I became engaged. My father never missed a night to call or leave a message &42 &me how special I was to him. I even wondered if he would continue calling after I got &43 &, but he didn’t. The daily calls I had taken for granted all my life ended the day he died from cancer, only weeks before my wedding. I deeply missed &44 &the days with my father.Standing behind the white church doors, I waited for the wedding march to begin. Before we walking down the aisle, my brother &45 &inside his pocket and handed me an ivory napkin. Inscribed (题写) were the words: Of all the precious &46 &in the whole wide world, how did Mark get so lucky to marry the best one? He married you, Michelle, and he is so lucky! I am so proud of you, my little girl.Love,DadWithout doubt , it was the best wedding gift I &47 , One I would never forget. My father showered me with his gifts every day of his life. How did I get so lucky?小题1:A.biteB.kissC.touchD.beat小题2:A.fortunateB.unluckyC.angryD.calm小题3:A.SinceB.AfterC.WhenD.Before小题4:A.otherB.eitherC.anotherD.each小题5:A.wonB.lostC.gainedD.defeated小题6:A.enteredB.graduatedC.droveD.returned小题7:A.criticizingB.warningC.remindingD.encouraging小题8:A.excitedB.depressedC.divorcedD.married小题9:A.washingB.sharingC.forgettingD.cutting小题10:A.reachedB.wentC.jumpedD.fell小题11:A.wivesB.daughtersC.mothersD.kids小题12:A.boughtB.soldC.receivedD.sent
I told my friend Graham that I often cycle two miles from my house to the town centre but unfortunately there is a big hill on the route. He replied, “You mean fortunately.” He explained that I should be glad of the extra exercise that the hill provided. My attitude to the hill has now changed. I used to grumble as I approached it but now I tell myself the following. This hill will exercise my heart and lungs. It will help me to lose weight and get fit. It will mean that I live longer. This hill is my friend. Finally I comfort myself with the thought of all those silly people who pay money to go to a gym and sit on stationery exercise bicycles when I can get the same value for free. I have a smile of satisfaction as I reach the top of the hill. Problems are there to be faced and overcome. We cannot achieve anything with an easy life. Helen Keller was the first deaf and blind person to gain a university degree. Her activism and writing proved inspirational. She wrote, “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can vision be cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.” One of the key factors of success in life is our attitude towards adversity (逆境). From time to time we all face hardships, problems, accidents, afflictions and difficulties. Some are of our making but many confront us through no fault of our own. While we cannot choose the adversity we can choose our attitude towards it. Douglas Bader was 21 when in 1931 he had both legs cut off following a flying accident. He was determined to fly again and went on to become one of the leading flying aces in the Battle of Britain with 22 aerial victories over the Germans. He was an inspiration to others during the war. He said, “Don’t listen to anyone who tells you that you can’t do this or that. That’s nonsense. Make up your mind, and you’ll never use crutches (拐杖) or a stick, and then have a go at evening. Go to school, and join in all the games you can. Go anywhere you want to. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible.” The biographies of great people are full of examples of how they took steps to overcome the difficulties they faced. The common thread is that they did not become depressed. They chose their attitude. They chose to be positive. They took on the challenge. They won. Nevertheless, there is still the problem of how you change your attitude towards adversity.小题1:The underlined word “grumble” in the second paragraph is closest in meaning to ________.A.trembleB.complainC.speed up D.slow down小题2:Which of the following is true according to the author of the passage?A.Climbing hills on bicycles is the best way to take exercise.B.People are wise to pay to go to the gym.C.Those who want to achieve success can’t expect to live an easy life.D.People’s attitude towards adversity is the only factor that determines whether they will succeed.小题3:By quoting what Douglas Bader said, the author intends to tell us “________”.A.Failure is the mother of success.B.A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit.C.If you venture nothing, you will have nothing.D.Nothing is difficult to the man who will try.小题4:Following this passage, the author will further talk about ________.A.how his friend helped him to change his attitude towards the adversity he facedB.what steps to take to change your attitude towards the adversity you faceC.what great people have in commonD.why it is important to keep optimistic in face of adversity小题5:Which of the following can best function as the title of the passage?A.Face adversity with a smileB.Different attitudes towards adversityC.Nothing is impossibleD.Life is full of adversity
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
作业讨论群:}

我要回帖

更多关于 the last night 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信