The rich man lost all his ( ) in that terrible lovefire.括号填什么,要以P带头的

Nooneknowsyettheaccuratenumberofliveswhichhavebeenlostinthisterriblefire.Butreportssuggestthatitismorethanonehundred.AwallofflamesfiftyfeethighandatleastonehundredandfiftymileswideisnowracingtowardstheforestsandrichfarmlandsofsouthernVictoria.TownslessthanonehundredmilesfromMelbournewillbeindangerunlessthewindchanges.Peoplearerushingexcitedlyintothestreets.Thepolicehavewarnedthemnottoseethefirebutmanypeoplearedoingso.Thecauseofthefireisunknown.NorainhasfalleninthispartofAustraliaforthreemonths,andthehot,north-westwindfromthegreatcentraldesertisblowingatmorethanthirtymilesanhour.Thefirefightersaretravellingtothefirebyroad,railandair.Butitisnoteasytogetthere.Flamesandfallentreeshavecutofforblockedroadsandrailwaylines.Thethicksmokeoftenpreventsthemfromfindingtheairstrips(飞机跑道).ItissaidthatthefirehasbroughtthegreaterdangertothecountrysincetheSecondWorldWar.64.Bythetimethearticlewaswritten,thefire.A.hadjustbrokenoutB.hadbeenputoutC.wasspreadingviolentlyD.wascomingtoanend65.Thewriterwrotethisarticlemainlytotellpeople.A.thefirewasterribleanddangerousB.itwasimpossibletoputoutthefireC.morethanonehundredpeoplediedofthefireD.tojoininthefightagainstthefire66.Inthe4thparagraph,thewritersuggestedthat.A.thefirewouldsoonbecontrolledbythefirefightersB.itwouldbeverydifficulttoputoutthefireC.thegovernmentwaspayinggreatattentiontothefireD.thefirehadcausedgreatlossesandtheairportwasinganger67.Theunderlinedword“accurate”inthefirstsentencehasthesamemeaningas.A.recentB.wholeC.roughD.exactcabd略重庆市名校联盟2011届高三第二次联考英语试题答案
cabd相关试题In that terrible earthquake, who were killed was more than 60,000. a number of people B. many people C. a large number people D. the number of people 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
In that terrible earthquake, ______ who were killed was more than 60,000. a number of people B. many people C. a large number people& D. the number of people
D 解析: 略
科目:高中英语
来源:广东省广州六中学年高一上学期期中考试英语试题
  Santa Fe, the capital of New Mexico, USA, is in the central part of the state, on the Santa Fe River, which flows into the Rio Grands 35 kilometres west of the city.More than two thousand metres above sea level, it lies in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains with the Ortiz Mountains to the southeast.
  Santa Fe was founded in 1609 by the Spanish in an old Indian village.In 1680 the Indians seized the place but only held it for twelve years before the Spanish retook it.The city remained under Spanish rule until Mexico won its independence in 1821.From then on it was a Mexico city until 1846 when it was taken over by US troops.
  With a population of 48,953, Santa Fe is now the second largest city in the state.Because of its sunny weather, rich history and surrounding mountains, it is a good place for holiday makers.Besides hunting and skating in the mountains people enjoy shopping in the Indian and Spanish shops, which brings a large income to the city every year.In summer there is an international opera season when operas are shown in a partly-roofed, open-air theatre daily for people from all over the world.
At present Santa Te belongs to ________.
the United States
The people who held Santa Fe for the longest period in history were the ________.
What is of special interest to people who visit Santa Fe in summer?
Watching opera
Doing shopping
Santa Fe is best described(描述)as a ________.
trade centre
holiday centre
home for all nations
seaport city
One of the reasons for visitors to come to Santa Fe is that it ________.
has fine weather
is the state capital
has historical monuments
is on the Santa Fe River
题型:阅读理解
New Zealand fishermen caught what may prove to be a world-record-breaking colossal squid (巨大的鱿鱼). &&& In the cold, dark waters of the Antarctic hides a creature with eight arms, two super long tentacles (触须) and eyes as big as dinner plates. Sound like something out of a science fiction movie? Think again. &&& On February 21, New Zealand fishermen landed a colossal squid the length of a school bus. They had been fishing with long lines for Chilean sea bass (黑鲈) in the waters off the coast of New Zealand when they caught the rare squid. With two hours of hard work, the crew skillfully pulled the creature into a net and dragged it aboard their ship. &&& Scientists estimate (估计) that the animal weighs about a half ton and is about 40 feet long. That would make this colossal squid the biggest on record. &&& First identified in 1925 after two tentacles were found in a whale’s stomach, the colossal squid has long been a mystery. The animals are not easy to observe because they can go down to ocean depths of 6,500 feet. What scientists do know from studying the bodies of a half dozen colossal squids is that they are fierce hunters.
&&& The recently captured colossal squid has been frozen to keep it for scientific study. It will be transported to New Zealand’s national museum, Te Papa, in the capital city of Wellington. Experts believe it to be the first adult male ever caught undamaged. Scientists hope to learn more about the colossal squid’s diet, behavior and reproductive (繁殖) patterns. &&& “Scientists will be very interested in this amazing creature,” said New Zealand Fisheries Minister Jim Anderton. “It adds immeasurably to our understanding of the marine environment.” 38. Why is it usually difficult for experts to observe the squid? &A. Because it moves too fast.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Because it is too large. &C. Because it is very dangerous.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Because it can go down to deep ocean. 39. What’s the purpose of catching such a huge squid? &A. To make it into food.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. To set a world record. &C. To do research on it.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. To display it for visitors. 40. Which of the following is TRUE about the possible record-breaking colossal squid? &A. It lives in the cold, dark waters of the Arctic. &B. Its tentacles were found in a whale’s stomach. &C. It is a fierce hunter according to the scientific study. &D. It is believed to be the first adult male ever caught. 41. What would be the best title for the passage? &A. the biggest squid ever found&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. scientific research on squid &C. the lifestyle of the colossal squid&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. how the fishermen caught the squid
来源:学年广西北海市合浦县教研室高二上学期期末考试英语试卷
阅读理解 AAs you research music, you will find music that is familiar to you. You will find music which tells of interesting places and exciting things to do. You will find music which expresses feelings that are often your own. Music is an expression of people. As you research, you will find music of people at work and play. You will find music expressing love of the country, love of nature, and love of home. Music is also an expression of the composer(作曲家). The composer expresses his own musical ideas. He studies the materials of music and discovers ways of using them. He looks for new kinds of musical expression. Music can suggest actions and feelings which we all share. We can enjoy playing and singing music, dancing and listening to the music of the people and the composers of different times and places.【小题1】In the first paragraph, the author tells us to ________.A.be friendly to musicB.find entertainment in musicC.express your feelings in musicD.discover the things and places in music【小题2】From the second paragraph, we know that ________.A.if we love music, we will love the country, nature and homeB.you may listen to music at work or at playC.music sings of the country, nature and homeD.music can express how people live, work and think【小题3】The last paragraph shows that music makes it possible ________.A.that people of different time and places can get togetherB.to bring understanding between people of different times and placesC.that people can enjoy playing and singing music, dancing and listening to the music at the same timeD.that music can express actions and feelings at the same time【小题4】Which of the following statements is NOT true? Music expresses&&&&&A.people’s musical ideasB.people’s love of te countryC.ehe composer’s feelingsD.the feelings of our own
来源:2010年福建省高一下学期期末考试英语卷
Two thieves came to a house to steal something. Theydug a hole in the wall of the house. One of them crawled into the house whilethe other waited outside.There lived many micein the house. The woman in the moonlight saw a mouse crawl into the house.“look! In comes one.” She said to the man in the house. Te thief was sofrightened that he hurriedly crawled out of the house and said to the onewaiting outside, “She found me when I was just in.” But the thief outsidedidn’t believe him, so he said, “Let us two try to crawl into the housetogether.” At that time, two mice happened to crawl into the house too. Thewoman saw the mice and shouted, “In come two. Catch them!” the two thieves wereterribly frightened. The man in he house said, “You saw them come in but whereare they?” I will catch them tonight.” The two thieves started to run away at once.The two thieves wantedto make it clear whether they had been found or not the night before. The nextday they acted as men selling sweet potatoes and came before the house. The manand the woman were ploughing in their fields. The rope broke and the woman camehome for one. She saw two men selling sweet potatoes and wanted to buy some.She picked out two which looked like mice. At the time the man couldn’t wait ofher any longer and he ran back from the fields to hurry her up. The womanshowed the sweet potatoes to the man and said, “How they look like the two oflast night.” The man said, “ I asked you to fetch a rope. Why don’t you hurryfor it?” the two thieves ran away very quickly without their sweet potatoes1.The two thievesfailed to steal anything from the house because ________.A. they were found outB. they werefrightened by what they had heard in the houseC. they didn’t worktogether well with each otherD. mice stopped themfrom doing so2.From the lastparagraph we know that __________.A.&&&&&& the two thieves were farmer selling potatoes.B.&&&&&&&Thewoman recognized the two thievesC.&&&&&&&Thewoman pretended to know nothing about the two thieves and mad fun of themD.&&&&&&Thetwo thieves didn’t know that they were not found at all3.When the woman said“How thy look like the two of last night”___________.A. she referred to thetwo thieves&&&&&&& & B. she meantnothing&&&& C. she said it onpurpose&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. she referred to the two mice4.“__________” is thetitle for this passage.A. Two Clever Thieves&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Terrible MiceC. Hit the Mark by aFluke&&&&&&& &&& D. A CleverCouple5.Which of thefollowing statements is false?A.&&Thetwo thieves not only failed to steal things but also lost their sweet potatoes.B.&&&Wheneverthy found mice, the people in the house would try to catch them.C.&&&Thetwo thieves ran away at once because they thought the woman had seen them.D.&&Theman let the woman go home for a rope, which would be used for catching thethieves.&
It may be good to live your life according to strict rules, but Taiwanese pop star Ken Wu also prefers to follow his own heart and emotions.” The best thing for everyone is to live in a _1_____way ,”he said ,”You don’t need too much burden on your mind .Be who you are .”He showed up on April 20 in Beijing to give love and _2_____to the children with hearing disabilities at a Nokia charity event.”_____3__is a big part of my life .I couldn’t imagine days____4___it,”he said ,”One of my friends has a strong desire for singing ,but ___5__lost his hearing ━it’s a painful_____6_.So I wish to bring beautiful sound back to those kids who can’t hear.” ̄ Wu says that he admires the ____7__of the ancient philosopher ,and ___8___with things advocated in Tao Te Ching(道德经),like living naturally. “In this song ,I just __9____young people to have their own path in life ,”he said ,”They can decide what they want to be like .” Wu has always been ___10___in his misic style .He _11_____to stay on the same track for a ling period of& time . At first glance ,the name of the song Laotze Says __12_____that of the last hit General’s Order, but Wu says that the two songs have very__13___styles. “The new song is not the Chinese tradional style.____14___,its electronic music ,”he said ,”I’ll never be __15____by following the same route, I-ll keep trying new things and seeking after variety in my work . ” 1.A.usual&&&&& &&& B. normal&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. careless&&& &&&&& D. natural 2. A. songs&&&&& & B. care&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. food&&&&&& &&&& D. gifs 3. A. Sound&&&& && B. Music&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. Drawing&&&&& D. Dancing 4. A. of&&&&&&& && B. being&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. without&&&&&& D. with
5. A. suddenly&& && B. luckily&&&&&&& &&&&&&& C. eventually&& &&&& D. unfortunately 6. A. illness&&&& && B. experience&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. decision&&&& &&& D. result 7. A. wisdom&&& & B. freedom&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. reputation&&& && D. carefulness 8. A. deals&&&&& && B. plays&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. agrees&&&&&& && D. compares 9. A. persuade&& && B. encourage&&&& &&&&&&& C. forbid&&&&&& && D. allow
10. A. serious&&& & B. anxious&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. slow&&&&&&& && D. inventive 11. A. refuses&&&& B. prefers&&&&& &&&&&&&&& C. promises&&&& & D. continues. 12. A. replaces&&& B. protects&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. follows&&&&& && D. includes 13. A. special&&&& B. different&&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. typical&&&&&& & D. similar 14. A. Therefore&& B. Thus&&&&&&& &&&&&&&& C. However&&&& & D. Instead 15. A. excited&&& & B. embarrassed&& &&&&&&& C. satisfied&&&&& & D. disappointed
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号The rich man lost all his ( ) in that terrible fire.括号填什么,要以P带头的
本回答由提问者推荐A poor man worked for a rich man. The rich man m 81 the poor man work all day, but didn’t give him much f 82 . One day, when the poor man was having breakfast , the rich man came in and said to the p 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
A poor man worked for a rich man. The rich man& m &&81&& the poor man work all day, but& didn’t give him much f &&82&& . One day, when the poor man was having breakfast , the rich man came in and said to the poor man, “It’s very troublesome( 麻烦)& to come back for h& 83& &meals. So I want you to have your breakfast, lunch and supper now b&& 84&& you go to the fields.”& “All right” said the poor man. After finishing breakfast he went to the fields. Half an hour l &&&85&& &when the rich man went out a& walk, he saw the poor man l&& 86&& under a tree .He was very a& 87&& and said, “W& 88&& &aren’t you working now?” The poor man s 89&& and said, “I have had my s&& 90& already, and it is time to have rest, you& know.” &&
81 made& &82 food &&83 having&& 84 before &&85 later&& 86 lying&& 87 angry &&88 why&& 89 smiled &&90 supper
科目:初中英语
baby&& car&& enough&&&&leave&&&&&anything&&&&uspoor&& rich&& remember&& surprised&& took&&&&&&& wheneverOne a snowy evening, a rich lady was standing by the road. She was very worried. Her&& 1&had broken down. Just then a poor man named Robert came. He was on his way back home from work as usual.The lady thought, “Is the man going to help me? He looks very cold and hungry. ”But to her &&&2&&&, he stopped and said with a smile, “What’s wrong, madam?” The lady told him what was happening.After forty minutes, the car was at last fixed by Robert. The lady wanted to pay him.“No, that’s &&&3&&&, madam.” he said, “I was just helping someone in need. If you really want to pay me back, I hope you &&&4&&see someone in trouble, please give him a hand.” A few minutes later, the lady saw a shabby house by the road. She&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&5&&&&&Robert’s words, so she stopped. The hostess warmly asked her in. The lady could see that was a &&&6&&&family and they needed help. When the hostess was making tea in the kitchen, the lady &&7&&500 dollars on the table and went away quietly. Robert came home later than before, thinking how hard their life was. Their &&&&&&8&&&&&was to be born the next month but there wasn’t &&9&&money. His wife went up to him, gave him a kiss and said softly, “Don’t worry, dear! Everything’s going to be all right. A stranger has helped us out. ”Let’s always be ready to help others because helping others is helping&&&&10&&&.
来源:学年山东省宁津县实验中学初二第二次月考英语试卷(带解析)
Mr. Green worked in an office in London, but he lived in the country and came to work by train every day. The station was not very far from his office, and he always went on foot from the station to his office and back from his office to the station. Every evening he walked past a poor man near a bridge. The man sat at the road and sold matches, and there was a dog near him. There was a piece of wood round the dog’s neck, and the words “I AM BLIND” were on the piece of wood.Mr.Green was a kind man. He always stopped and gave a penny to the man, but he did not take any of his matches. One day, Mr.Green had a lot of work in his office and left the office very late. He came to the man and his dog, but he did not stop. The poor man stood up quickly, ran after him and said, “You’re always very kind to me. Give me a penny today. I’m a poor man.” Mr.Green stopped and he was surprised. Then he said, “You’re a blind man. How did you see me?” The poor man said, “No, I’m not blind. My dog is.”【小题1】Mr.Green lived in __________.A.LondonB.the city near LondonC.the country near LondonD.the country not far from his office【小题2】Mr.Green went to his office __________.A.by trainB.first by train and then on footC.on footD.first on foot and then by train【小题3】Every evening Mr.Green passed a poor man near a bridge__________.A.on his way to workB.on the way to his officeC.on his way home by trainD.on his way to the station【小题4】One day Mr.Green did not stop and give the poor man a penny because__________.A.he did not like the manB.he was afraid of the dogC.he worked too lateD.he hurried to catch the train【小题5】-- What is the Chinese for “blind”?&& -- ___________________.A.看见的B.聋的C.瞎的D.哑的
来源:学年北京三十一中初二下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
根据短文,判断正(A)误(B)。One day a poor man was cutting a big piece of wood (木头) near a river. Suddenly his old axe (斧子) fell into the water. He felt very sad because he lost his only axe. Then all at once a beautiful fairy (仙女) came out and asked the man what was the matter.“I have lost my axe.” he said, “It fell into the water when I was cutting the wood.”The fairy showed him a gold axe and asked, “Is that yours?”“No.” said the man.The fairy then showed him a silver axe and asked again, “Is this yours?”“No.” again answered the man.Then she showed him the old axe.?“Yes, that is mine.” called out the happy man.“I know it well enough.” said the fairy, “I only wanted to see if you would tell me the truth, and now I’ll give you the gold axe and the silver axe besides your own one.”【小题1】The man was poor, he had nothing but an old axe.【小题2】The old axe fell into the river when the man was cutting the wood.【小题3】The fairy asked the man if he lost a gold axe, then the man said “No”.【小题4】When he saw his own axe, the man was very happy.【小题5】At last, the man had two axes.
来源:学年云南昆明三中滇池中学九年级上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
One day a poor farmer was taking a bag of wheat totown. Suddenly the bag ___ from his horse onto the road. He did not know ____to do about it because it was ____ heavy for him to lift by himself. He onlyhoped that someone would soon pass by and_____ him a hand. Just at this momenta man _____ a horse came up to him. But the farmer’s heart ____ when he saw whohe was. It was the ___ man living nearby. The farmer had hoped to ask anotherfarmer or a poor man like him to come along and help him. He couldn’t ask sucha great man to help him. But to his ____ , the great man got off his horse assoon as he came nearer. He said to the farmer, “I see you_____ help, friend.How good it is that I’m here just at the right time.” Then he took one end ofthe bag, the farmer took the other end, they together raised it and put it onthe horse. “Sir,” asked the farmer, “how can I pay you?” “It’s quite easy.” Thegreat man replied with _____ .“Wherever you see anyone else in trouble, do thesame for him.”& 1.A.fall&&&&&&&& B.fell&&&&&&&&& C.falling&&&&&&&&& D. fallen2.A. what&&&&&&& B.how&&&&&&&& C.that&&&&&&&&&&& D. it3.A.very&&&&&&&& B.so&&&&&&&&& C.quite&&&&&&&&&& D. too4.A.lend&&&&&&&& B.ask&&&&&&&& C.borrow&&&&&&&& D. gave5.A. riding&&&&&& B.ride&&&&&&&& C.rode&&&&&&&&&& D. rides6.A.falls&&&&&&&& B.sinks&&&&&&& C.sank&&&&&&&&&& D. rose7.A. poor&&&&&&& B.great&&&&&&& C.right&&&&&&&&&& D. good8.A. surprised&&& B.surprising&&& C.surprise&&&&&&& D. surprises9.A. needs&&&&&& B.need&&&&&&&& C. toneed.&&&&&&& D. needed10.A. smiles&&&&& B. ansmile&&&&& C.smile&&&&&&&&&& D. a smile&
来源:2012年初中毕业升学考试(黑龙江龙东卷)英语(解析版)
Can you imagine keeping an alien dog as apet? This is what happens in CJ7—the so-called “first Chinese sci-fi(科幻)movie”. It came out in January,2008. The movie is about a poor man Ti, his son Dicky and their alien dog CJ7.Dicky, a 10-year-old boy, lives a poor life with his father Ti, a worker. Oneday, his father discovers a ball in the trash and he gives it to Dicky. Theball becomes a cute alien dog. It’s a small dog with big eyes and green hair.It can talk and do magic. Soon the dog comes to love Ti and his son. It goes toschool with Dicky. It makes him laugh, but it makes trouble, too. When Ti fallsoff a building and dies, CJ7 saves his life. Because the dog uses up all itspower(能量), it becomes a doll. But Dicky still wears thedog around his neck. He hopes that CJ7 will come back to life one day.Judge the following sentences true(T) orfalse(F).1.The movie CJ7 came out in February, 2008.2.Dicky’s father is so rich that he buys analien dog for him.3.CJ7 is a cute alien dog with big eyes andgray hair.4.CJ7 can not only make Dicky laugh but alsomake trouble.5.At last Ti comes back to life because hisson and CJ7 save him.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号}

我要回帖

更多关于 terrible love 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信