several studentsbe arrivedd very early and helped to clean the classroombut i cannot remember(who).

Louisiana Walmart shelves left empty after a food stamp glitch gives shoppers UNLIMITED funds for two hours | Daily Mail Online
Walmart to foot bill for food stamp spending spree fiasco sparked by computer glitch - because they were supposed to stick to $50 limit per customer
Saturday night some food stamp recipients in Louisiana had unlimited funds for several hours because of a glitch with XeroxTwo Walmart stores were left 'decimated' and their shelves stripped of food Shoppers abandoned full carts in the middle of the store after the cards were fixed Walmart superiors, told of the irregularities, advised staff to keep sellingXerox will pay for the spree if Walmart followed the appropriate process EBT claims they are 'preparing a statement' and have yet to say who will end up footing the bill for the accidental largess
16:40 GMT, 14 October 2013
14:30 GMT, 18 October 2013
WalMart will have to pay for hundreds of thousands of dollars of groceries bought by Louisiana food stamp recipients after a computer glitch gave them unlimited funds on their government-issued credit cards.The Louisiana Department of Children and
Family Services, which oversees the Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card program in the state, said
WalMart could have instituted an emergency $50 limit for each customer,
but chose not to - and as a result, the retail giant must foot the sizable bill.It comes after dozens of welfare families with EBT cards picked the shelves bare in stores in Springhill and Mansfield on Saturday and walked away with up to ten shopping carts filled with meat and other groceries - in a spending frenzy described by local officials as 'worse than Black Friday'.
Scroll down for video
At 9 p.m. when cards started working again, customers left their carts sprawled out all over the store
Emergency Benefits Transaction cards (EBT) have designated amounts of funds that under-financed individuals can use to buy food each month
When Walmart employees noticed EBT cards weren’t showing spending
limits, they called the corporate office and were advised to allow shoppers to
use the cards anyway. Other stores in the towns
temporarily closed or stopped accepting EBT cards. Wal-Mart instead
called in police to help control the chaotic crowds of shoppers who
flooded the store. 'It was definitely worse
than Black Friday. It was worse than anything we had ever seen in this
town. There was no food left on any of the shelves, and no meat left.
The grocery part of Walmart was totally decimated,' Springhill Police
Chief Will Lyn told .
RELATED ARTICLES
Share this article
Word spread across the towns about the loophole and hundreds of families flocked to the two Walmart stories. Chief Lyn said he saw some families ring up bills up more than $700. The average monthly food stamp allotment in Louisiana is $136 per person. 'I saw people drag out 8 to 10 grocery carts,' Lyn said.
An entire line of full food carts were left unattended after food stamps went back online on Saturday night
WalMart stands by its decision to let families take advantage of the loophole. A spokeswoman said whatever money the company lost from the spending sprees won't have animpact on the corporate bottom line.'We did make the decision to continue to accept EBT cards
during the outage so that they could get food for their families,’
Walmart representative Kayla Whaling told .The
lack of card limits was due to a power outage during a routine
maintenance test by Xerox, an EBT vendor. EBT cards contain
government-funded amounts of money catered to each individual's
financial needs.
There were no arrests made that night and witnesses told KSLA that the incident was a 'natural human' response to free food.
One EBT Card carrying woman takes advantage of the glitch by stocking up on her favorite apple juice
Walmart shelves in Springhill, Mansfield were cleared in an EBT glitch and stores were forced to stop selling food
From 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., a frenzy of shoppers filled their carts to the brim with as much food as they could get their hands on.When the cards came back online at 9 p.m., people abandoned their carts full of food in the middle of the Walmart and left as they didn't have the money to pay.One woman who tried to ring up $700 worth of food only had .49 cents on her card. She was held by police for ‘stealing’ but was let go on the condition that she would give the food back to Walmart.After the stampede Walmart had to stop selling food at 9 p.m. Their shelves were stark and both empty and full carts were left all over the store.A spokesman for Walmart told KSLA that the company continued selling to shoppers 'so that they could get food for their families.'When asked by KSLA whether or not Walmart would somehow be refunded for the loss of produce, Walmart representative Kayla Whaling responded that they were, ‘fully engaged and monitoring the situation and transactions during the outage.’
Read more:
Share or comment on this article
MOST READ NEWS
The comments below have not been moderated.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.
More top stories
DON'T MISS
MORE DON'T MISS
EDITOR'S SIX OF THE BEST
SHARE PICTURE
Copy link to paste in your message英语完成时态与被动语态
英语完成时态与被动语态
Ⅰ适当形式填空.
1. The film __ on for nearly fifteen minutes when I got to the cinema. (be)
2. This film is worth __________. (see)&&&&
3. He went to school instead of ______ home. (go)
4. It&s cold outside, so you&d better __your coat. (put on)
5. Please don&t waste time ______ TV every evening. You should word hard at English. (watch)
6. We found the window ________. (break)&&&
7. Mother often tells me ____ too late. (not come home)
8. Great changes _______in our country since 1978. (take place)
9. I ____ my daughter since last month. (not hear from)
10. I didn&t remember __________ her the book before. (give)
11. He called at every door, _____ people the exciting news. (tell)
12. Yesterday Mary couldn&t finish her homework, so she has to go on _____it this afternoon. (do)
13. We __________ football when it began to rain. We had to stop and go home. (play)
14. Xiao Lin ______ from here for about two hours. (be away)
15. Last night we __________ back home until the teacher left school. (not go)
16. Comrade Li Dazhao __________ in prison in 1927. (put)
17. Where is professor Lee? He __________ to the library. He&ll come back soon. (go)
18. We could not help _______ after we heard the story. (laugh)
19.Would you please____ me an English-Chinese dictionary when you& come? (bring)
20. He told me that he __________ the Great Wall the year before. (visit)
21. I&ll tell him the news as soon as he __________ back. (come)
22. The boy ______ by the door is my brother. (stand)
23. Do you remember ______ the film last year? (see)
24. Wei Fang is heard __________ English every morning. (listen to)
25. John stopped __a rest (have) because he ___ for three hours. (work)
26. I&m sorry to have kept you __________. (wait)
27. A new theatre __________ now. (build) &28. Can&t you see I&m busy __________? (cook)
29. He __________ worried when coming into the teacher&s office. (look)
30. He said the moon________ (go)round the earth. 31. I must go now. It__________ (get)late.
II.被动语态专练:
1.The medicine must _________( keep) cool, clean and dry. &
2.My house _______(build) in 1995.We have lived there for nearly five years.
3.This work may &________( finish) next Monday.
4.The big tree ________(plant) by my brother ten years ago.
5.That old bridge________(build) forty years ago.
6.English ________ in China, but Chinese ________& as their own language.(speak)
7.If the child ________(find) ,please telephone the police.
8.English is the most widely_____(use) language.
9.What made him _________ that we had lost the game?
A.&&&& to thnk& B.think& C.thinking& D.thought
10.She was made _________ here. A. to stay& B.stay& C.staying&
11.The clothes _________. &A.sells well& B.are sold well& C.sell well& D.is sold
12.Lin Tao didn&t come to the meeting. I don&t know what____him.
A. happened& &&B. was happened to &&C. has happened D. has happened to
13.He was made_________ 12 hours a day. A.to work& &&B.work& &C.working &&&D.worked
14.The work must____________ today .
A.finish& &B.be finished &C.to finish& &D.to be finished
15. Our classroom is very dirty. It ___________ after school.
A.must clean& &B.must be cleaned& C.will clean& D.is cleaned
16.Babies should____________ well.&& A. take good care of B.& looked after&
C. be taken care D.& be looked after
二.把下列句子变成被动语态:
1.&&&&& The children play football every day.
2.The workers make the jackets of wool.
3.We read English every morning.
4.We call this kind of pen a writing brush.
5.They make these machines in Japan.
6.The heavy snow stopped the visitors from leaving the top of the mountain.
7.Two years ago we used that machine to make shoes for children.
8.Did they send up another man-made satellite into space last week?
9.He gave me a piano yesterday .
10.I often hear her sing English songs .
11.She is often heard to sing English songs by me.
12.He asked me to lock the door.
13.The manager made workers finish the work at once.
14.They made him work twelve hours a day.
15.Jack drew some pictures last night.
16.We often hang the wet clothes on the clothes line.
17.Mr Smith wrote the book last year.
18.She swept the floor the minutes ago.
19.We should turn down the radio while our baby is asleep.
20. Can my bike be mended, Uncle Wang?(改成主动语态)
21.We must look after our clothes.
22.We need to plant another five trees.(同义句)
There are __________ ____________ trees to _________ __________.
三.动词时态专练:
1.Mr Yu__________(teach) us math since he__________(live) here.
2.I can&t find my pen. ____you____(see) it?
3.He _____________(lose). When________ he________(lose)? He_______(lose) it yesterday.
4.Wei Hua isn&t here. She___________(go) to the library.
5.Mike ________(visit) several places since he ____(come) to Beijing.
6.We____________(get to know) each other for a long time.
7.Zhang Hong ________(make) many friends since she___(be) here.
8.Kate________(not hear) from him since he______(leave) China.
9.We_________(not give) back Chinese-English dictionary yet.
10. &______your sister________(buy) a new watch?&& & Not yet.&
11.You&d better have a rest, for you______________(read) that book for such a long time.
12.He said & I____(be) sorry to hear that he___(be) ill for two weeks.
13.Sorry, I__________(keep) you ________(wait) for an hour.
14.The young man___________(sell) a color TV set, hasn&t he?
15.Lao Zhang_______(join) the Party in 1984. He___________(be) a Party for seven years.
16.Class____(finish)& for three days, so let&s___(begin) a new lesson.
17.In summer, we often go__________(swim) in the river.
18.We___________(hold) a sports meeting tomorrow.
19.They ______________(learn) about 1000 English words already.
20.He____________(live) in the city since he__________(go) there.
21.How long ______Mr liu____(teach) in No.4 Middle School.
22.What_______you_______(do) at this time yesterday?
23.We________(begin) our meeting a moment ago.&&&& 24.Jo________(post) many letters before.
25.If it________(not rain) tomorrow, I_______(stay) at home.
26.He often see him________(play) football at school.
27.He___________(be) a student for 15 years.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
28.This afternoon we_____(have) 2 classes.
29.It&s three o&clock, they_____(plan) to have a swim.
30.Look, he____________(cut) a tree.&& &&&&&&&&&&&31. Listen, she_________(move) a bag of rice.
35._________you ever________(be) to Beijing? Yes, I have.
36._____(be) Jim and Tom at home now?
37._____(be) he and I in the hospital just now?&&&&&&&& 38. They _______just______(fly) the kites.
39. The boys_______(run) when he got there.
40. Sometimes they_______(study) chemistry, but now they_________(not study) it. They_______(lie) in bed. 41._____he______(come) next week?&&&&&&&&&&&&& 43. I __________(be) healthy in the past 3 years.
44. He _________(be) a teacher for 10 months.
45. May I ________(borrow) your pen?&&&&&&&&&&& 46. Let&s________(play) a game.
47. Why not________(go) out for a walk.
48. Would you like ________(come) to my party?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
49. Mother_____________(cook) when I came back.
50. The Whites_________(see) a film at ten yesterday.
51. When I got to the cinema, they_______(write) a letter.
52. Last summer father_______(buy) a nice kite for me.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
53.How long_____ he_____(die) so far?
54.How many times____ you_____(be) to English? Only once.
55.I thought that they _____(come) back the day after tomorrow.
56.Where is your father? He_______(go) to the Great Wall.
57.___(be) you happy?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &58.Shall we___(meet) outside the school gate?
59.He_______(not do) his homework last night. He often_________(go) to bed very early.
60.I have to go. Someone____(wait) for me outside the school gate.
61.The wind always ____(blow),yesterday the wind _____(blow) much harder.
62._______you________(get) a letter from your father?& Yes, I _______. I______(get) it two days ago.
63.What______you_____(do) at that time yesterday?
&I______(put) up the map. What ______you_______(do) after that? I ____(finish) my homework.
64.______ they often_____(sweep) the floor? &&&&&&&&&&&&&&65.He__________(come) tomorrow evening.
65. Our headmaster_____(go ) to Beijing twice. &&&&&&&&&&&&66. Now we can feel her_______(cry).
67. I _________(be) in Lanzhou since last year. &&&&&&&&&&&&68.She____(go) home two hours ago.&&&&&&&&&&&&
69.& Uncle Wang can________(make) his kite_______(fly) higher in the sky.
70. Where is Dick? He______ ( A. has been B. went C. has gone D. goes) there.
71.How long______ he____( A. has, B.has kept C.has lent D.is using) this book?
72.Who______( A. has taken , B. takes, C. have taken,D. took) away my pen ? I can&t find it.
73.He _____( A. have joined, B. has been in, C. has joined, D. joined ) the League for two years.
74.His uncle____a teacher in 1985. He ____ in our school since then.
(& A. had become, &&B. became,
C. became,&&&&& D. becomes, become)
75. He _______(A. has gone away, B. had gone away, C. has left, D. has been away) from home for a year
77.They ________(watch) TV tonight.&& 78.______ Jim( get up) when you ________ (get) home yesterday .
79.I&m sorry I________(forget) your name. &&&&80._________( not draw) on the wall.
81.He has ________( get) some books about Chinese.&&&&& 82.I have never been to Shanghai ,____?
83.Hu Mei _______(study) in No. 32 Middle School.
84.If it ________( rain) tomorrow ,I_________(stay)at home.
85.We ________(read ) the newspaper the day before yesterday.
86.Will it_________(be) fine next month.& &&&&&87.Have you gone to see the doctor? No, I________.
88.How long __________ the film _________?( did, has , has been)
89.When_______ the accident ______(happen)? (was, has, did happen)
90.It&s cold outside. ________(put) your sweater on.
91.Must he______ (sweep) the floor?
92.Thanks a lot. It&s ____(rain) for a long time.
93.Look, they________(dig) potatoes in the field.
94.We_________(have ) a good time in Kunming on May this year.
95.Please be quick, or you ________(be) late for the meeting.
96.Look, the train _________ just _________(arrive).
97.______ you _____(get) the book &Red Star Over China&
98.She______(pick) apples in her garden when we went to see her yesterday.
99. I didn&t go to see the film because I_________(see) it.
100.It&s said that you____________(elect) the captain of our school team.
作者已禁止网友对该文进行评论CDirections: Complete the following passage by using ONE word that best fits the context.An old blind man helped Polly in a terrible fog, Polly wanted to thank the old man for his help and wrote a letter to the newspaper to thank him for it. Here is her letter to the newspaper.To the man in the fog,I’d like to thank you for your kind help in the terrible fog last week. I was so frightened at that time that I could hear my heart
58 very fast, but you made me feel safe with your kindness. I’m very 59
to you for your help.That day, I tried to take my usual bus home before the fog became too thick, but the bus conductor told me to Green Park by Underground and find a taxi there. I
his advice. When I arrived at Green Park and got to the station entrance, it was deserted. The fog lay
a thick grey cloud. Weather that bad is really rare these days. It was impossible to find a taxi. I had to
in the fog. I became frightened as I could hear the footsteps but couldn’t see anyone. You spoke to me and offered help. I was frozen
fear for a moment, but then I decided you had a kind voice, so I answered you.It was the best decision I ever made. You took my hand and led me confidently through the streets 64 my house. Your hand was rough but strong and warm. Imagine my surprise when you told me you were blind! I wanted to invite you to my home to rest for a while, but you left so quickly to help other people who were lost in the fog. I regret that I didn’t have the chance to
my thanks to you. If anyone knows this kind man, please contact me through the newspaper so I can thank him personally. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:SECTION
CDirections: Complete the following passage by using ONE word that best fits the context.An old blind man helped Polly in a terrible fog, Polly wanted to thank the old man for his help and wrote a letter to the newspaper to thank him for it. Here is her letter to the newspaper.To the man in the fog,I’d like to thank you for your kind help in the terrible fog last week. I was so frightened at that time that I could hear my heart
to you for your help.That day, I tried to take my usual bus home before the fog became too thick, but the bus conductor told me to Green Park by Underground and find a taxi there. I
his advice. When I arrived at Green Park and got to the station entrance, it was deserted. The fog lay
a thick grey cloud. Weather that bad is really rare these days. It was impossible to find a taxi. I had to
in the fog. I became frightened as I could hear the footsteps but couldn’t see anyone. You spoke to me and offered help. I was frozen
fear for a moment, but then I decided you had a kind voice, so I answered you.It was the best decision I ever made. You took my hand and led me confidently through the streets 64 my house. Your hand was rough but strong and warm. Imagine my surprise when you told me you were blind! I wanted to invite you to my home to rest for a while, but you left so quickly to help other people who were lost in the fog. I regret that I didn’t have the chance to
my thanks to you. If anyone knows this kind man, please contact me through the newspaper so I can thank him personally.SECTION
CDirections: Complete the following passage by using ONE word that best fits the context.An old blind man helped Polly in a terrible fog, Polly wanted to thank the old man for his help and wrote a letter to the newspaper to thank him for it. Here is her letter to the newspaper.To the man in the fog,I’d like to thank you for your kind help in the terrible fog last week. I was so frightened at that time that I could hear my heart
my thanks to you. If anyone knows this kind man, please contact me through the newspaper so I can thank him personally.科目:最佳答案58. beating
59. grateful / thankful
60. followed / took
65. express解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心}

我要回帖

更多关于 be arrived 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信