()is it? It is a rainforestt

阅读理解. It is August. It is very hot. A young man comes to a forest . He's walking near the forest. ——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
下面为同学们推荐部分热门搜索同步练习册答案,要查找更多练习册答案请点击访问
&& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &
来源:福建省期中题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解。&&&& It is August. It is very hot. A young man comes to a forest (森林). He's walking near the forest. On theleft there is a river and on his right there is a forest. He comes up to the river and wants to swim in it. At thattime he sees a tiger looking at him from the trees. It's going to jump on him soon. &&&& "What can I do?" the young man is afraid and thinks hard. He knows a tiger runs very fast. What he can only do is to jump into the river! But there is a very big crocodile (鳄鱼) in it. Its mouth is open and is waiting for him there. He's standing there and doesn't know what to do. The tiger jumps over him. And soon the young man sees that the tiger is in the mouth of the crocodile! 1. The weather is ______.
[&&&& ]A. hot B. rainy C. cloudy 2. The young man want to ______.
[&&&& ]A. look for the crocodile B. play with the tigerC. swim in the river 3. ______ wants to eat him.
[&&&& ]A. Both the tiger and crocodile B. The tigerC. The crocodile 4. What does the young man do?
[&&&& ]A. He runs away from the tiger B. He jumps into the river. C. He just stands there and does nothing 5. What happens (发生) at last?
[&&&& ]A. The crocodile is in the mouth of the tiger. B. The young man is in the mouth of the crocodile. C. The tiger is in the mouth of the crocodile.
来源:期末题
题型:完形填空
完形填空。
&&&& Mrs Wilson and Mrs Smith are sisters. Mrs Wilson lives in a house in Duncan and Mrs Smith lives in a building in Victoria. One day Mrs Wilson visited her sister. When her sister answered the door Mrs Wilson saw tears in her&&&1& . "What's the matter?" she asked. Mrs Smith said "My cat Sammy&&&2&&&last night and I don't know&&&3&&&to bury him." &&&& She began to&&&4&&&again. Mrs Wilson was very&&&5&&&because she knew her sister loved the cat very much.Suddenly Mrs. Wilson said "I can bury your cat in my&&&6&&&in Duncan and you can come and visit him&&&7& ."Mrs. Smith stopped&&&8&&&and the two sisters had tea together and a nice visit.&&& &It was now five o'clock and Mrs Wilson said&& 9 &&it was time for her to go home. She&&10&&her hat, coatand gloves and Mrs Smith put the&&11&&cat Sammy into a shopping bag. Mrs Wilson took the shopping bag andwalked to the bus stop. She waited a long time for the bus so she bought a&&12 . When the bus arrived she got on the bus, sat down and put the shopping bag on the&&13&&beside her feet. She then began to read the newspaper. When the bus arrived at her bus stop she&&14&&the bus and walked for about two minutes.Suddenly she remembered she&&15&&the shopping bag on the bus. She couldn't find the bus. How poor shewas!
(&&&& )1. A. face&&&&&& (&&&& )2. A. died&&&&&& (&&&& )3. A. when&&&&&& (&&&& )4. A. laugh&&&&& (&&&& )5. A. pleased&&& (&&&& )6. A. garden&&&&(&&&& )7. A. some time&(&&&& )8. A. to cry&&&& (&&&& )9. A. who&&&&&&& (&&&& )10. A. put on&&& (&&&& )11. A. missing&& (&&&& )12. A. book&&&&& (&&&& )13. A. floor&&&& (&&&& )14. A. get down& (&&&& )15. A. lost&&&&&
B. eyes&&&&&&& B. got sick&&& B. why&&&&&&&& B. get angry&& B. surprised&& B. floor&&&&&& B. some times& B. crying&&&&& B. which&&&&&& B. take off&&&B. died&&&&&&& B. newspaper&&&& B. seat&&&&&&& B. get through B. missed&&&&&
C. head&&&& C. lost&&&& C. how&&&&& C. cry&&&&& C. bored&&&C. house&&&C. sometime C. cried&&& C that&&&&& C. put awayC. dying&&&C. magazine&&&& C. door&&&& C. get off& C. forgot&&
D. ears&&&&&&& D. got hurt&&& D. where&&&&&& D. fall asleep D. sad&&&&&&&& D. room&&&&&&& D. sometimes&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. cry&&&&&&&& D. if&&&&&&&&& D. take away&& D. dead&&&&&&& D. dictionary& D. ground&&&&& D. get on&&&&& D. left&&&&&&&
阅读理解。&&&& Joe was the best potato farmer in the state of Idaho, maybe the best in the whole world. He took pride inhis work and did the best he could to grow the best and healthiest potatoes. &&&& At harvest time, Joe would spend his time making sure that his potatoes were ploughed out of the ground in a proper way so that they wouldn't get damaged (损害). Joe was looking forward to a great potato crop.&&& &Joe and his workers had a great potato crop but they couldn't finish the harvest yet. There was a big piece of land that was so hard that the plough (犁) was not able to dig it up. So Joe decided to leave it till the next day. &&&& The next day Joe went to dig his shovel (铁锨) into the land. He discovered that it was one big potato. Hethought this must be the biggest potato in the world. But how could he get it out? This potato was bigger thana truck! &&&& Joe knew it wasn't going to be easy, but he had an idea. He decided to call a big Crane (起重机) companyand asked them for their help. He called the Guinness World Records (吉尼斯世界纪录), to introduce the biggest potato in the world. After twenty minutes some reporters took pictures of the big potato and Joe.&&&&&They dug it out and it made the book, and Joe became the richest farmer alive. Every day he would go outside and kiss the big potato until it slowly went bad. 1. Joe was the best potato farmer because ______ in the world.
[&&&& ]A. he grew the most potatoes B. he grew the best potatoes C. he had the biggest potato D. he was proud of his farm work 2. ______ for Joe and his workers to dig up.
[&&&& ]A. The land was too large B. The potatoes were too deep C. The land was not soft enough D. The potatoes were not big enough 3. A ______ was used to get the big potato out.
[&&&& ]A. machine B. truckC. shovel D. plough 4. From the passage we know ______.
[&&&& ]A. the big potato was sold to the Guinness B. Joe's workers also got a lot of moneyC. Joe's field was near to D. Joe became the richest farmer 5. The best title for the passage is ______.
[&&&& ]A. How to Dig Up Potatoes B. How to Grow Good PotatoesC. The Largest Potato in the WorldD. Joe and his Workers
阅读理解。&&&& Mark Hartmann still couldn't read or write when he was in the third grade. He made loud sounds from hischair and waved his hands around his head all the time. He couldn't listen for more than two minutes at a time. Sometimes, he hit the other children. Sometimes, he also hit his teachers. &&&& Mark Hartmann had autism (孤独症). His brain could not organize (组织) and manage information clearly. He did not understand the world or the people around him. &&&& The school principal (校长) said that the other children lost two much learning time when Mark was in their classroom. She thought Mark could get a better education at a special program nearby. There, teachers knew how to take care of students with autism.&&& But Mark's parents did not want him to go there. In fact, a law was made in 1988. It says that students with disabilities (残疾) can be in regular (正常的) classes. This gives them the same chances for success as everyone else.&&& The Hartmann used to live in Chicago. Mark went to regular classes there. Mark had help from some specialteachers, and the program was very good for him. "He was part of the school," Mrs. Hartmann told reporters."He also learned to hold hands with some of the children in his class." 1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?
[&&&& ]A. Mark couldn't pay much attention in class.B. He shouted in class. C. He hit other children and even his teachers. D. He hit the principal. 2. Paragraph 2 tells us ______.
[&&&& ]A. Mark often had a bad headacheB. Mark had got a good brain C. what kind of disease Mark had D. what Mark's school life was like 3. The principal thought ______.
[&&&& ]A. Mark shouldn't stay with his class B. Mark could get on well with his classmates C. Mark himself wanted to leave school D. the teachers were not kind enough to Mark 4. The 1988 law says that students with disabilities ______.
[&&&& ]A. can not have any education B. can have the same chances as everyone else C. mustn't stay in regular class D. should be kept at home by their parents 5. Which is true?
[&&&& ]A. All teachers were good at teaching children like Mark.B. Only students with autism could get help from special teachers. C. Mark still wasn't friendly to the other children.D. Mark's parents were pleased with Mark's school program in Chicago.
来源:期中题
阅读理解。&&&& No one was left in the museum now,and John was walking round to see if everything was all right. Suddenly he saw a beautiful painting lying on the floor. John picked it up and gave it to the director (馆长) of the museum. &&&& The director called several museums to check and see if it was a stolen painting,but no one claimed (认领) it.So the director decided to hang it in the museum. All the experts (专家) came to look at the painting. Each one said it was beautiful and had very deep meaning. The director was proud (自豪) tohave such a painting in his museum and congratulated John on his discovery (发现). Some weeks latera woman and her little son came to the museum. While they were looking at the new painting,the little boy began to cry. The director went over and asked him. "Why are you crying?" The child pointed to the painting and said, "That's my painting on the wall and I want it back." "Yes," said his mother, "he left it on the floor a few weeks ago. If you look carefully,you can see the name on the painting." 1. John was perhaps&&&&&&&&&& .
[&&&& ]A. a painter B. an expert on paintingC. a visitor to the museum D. a man working in the museum 2. John found the painting&&&&&&&&&& .
[&&&& ]A. before the museum openedB. after the museum was closedC. during his visit to the museum D. while he was enjoying his walk 3. The boy began to cry before the painting because&&&&&&&&&& .
[&&&& ]A. he was afraid of it B. he thought it was his paintingC. he wanted to have the painting back D. Both B and C 4. After the director heard what the woman and the boy said, he must be very&&&&&&&&&& .
[&&&& ]A. angry B. afraid C. proud D. surprised 5. All the experts thought the painting good because &&&&&&&&&&.
[&&&& ]A. it was really very beautifulB. it had very deep meaning C. none of them looked carefully enough D. they examined it very carefully
来源:湖北省中考真题
题型:填空题
先阅读短文,在横线上写出各单词的正确形式,单词的第一个字母已给出。 &&&&&& One day Harvey's wife was cleaning out a cupboard. &&&&&& "Look at all these umbrellas," Harvey's wife said to him. "There are eight and they all b&&&&1&&&& ." &&&&&& "I'll take them all to the umbrella shop and have them repaired," Harvey said. "They are too good to t&&&&2&&&&away."&&&&&&&&Harvey took the eight umbrellas to the shop and l&&&&&3&&&&&&them there. The shopkeeper said, "They'll be r&&&&4&&&&&tomorrow." &&&&&& That evening Harvey went home from the office by bus as he u&&&&5&&&&&did. He sat next to an old woman. She had an umbrella on the floor between the s&&&&6&&&& . When the bus reached his stop, he picked up her umbrella and stood up. &&&&&& "Hey!" the woman said, "That umbrella b&&&&7&&&&&to me." &&&&&& "I'm so sorry." Harvey said, giving it to her. "Please excuse me for taking your umbrella by m&&&&8&&& ." &&&&&& The next day he collected the umbrellas from the umbrella shop and got on the bus. As he sat down, a v&&&&9&&&&&behind said, "You have certainly had a s&&&10&&&&&day!" He turned around and saw the woman whose umbrella he had almost taken the day before. 1.&&&&&& &&&&&&&& 2.&&&&&&&& &&&&&& 3.&&&&&&& &&&&&&& 4.&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& 5.&&&&&&&& &&&&&&& 6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&
来源:模拟题
阅读理解。&&& I was cleaning out an old box when an old card caught my eye: Queen City Casket Company. "What isit?" I wondered. I turned it over. There, in faded ink, was a hand-written address. Immediately my mind traveled many years back.&&&&&I was nine years old, walking down the cold and wet streets of Springfield, with a bag of magazines on my shoulder. That day, I came to the company finally, whose owner, Mr Rader, had always taken me thereto ask his workers if they wanted any magazines. &&&& Shaking off the rain like a wet dog, I went into Mr Rader's office. After a quick look he took me over tothe fireplace. Noticing the hole in the top of my shoe, he said, "Come with me!" and pulled me into his car. We stopped in front of a shoe store. Inside, a salesman fitted me with the finest pair of shoes I had ever seen.I felt about 10 feet tall when I got up in them. "We'd like a pair of new socks, too." Mr Rader said. &&&& Back in his office, Mr Rader took out a card, wrote something on it and handed it to me. With tearful eyes, I read, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." He said kindly, "Jimmy, I want you to knowI love you." &&&& I said good-bye, and for the first time I sensed a piece of hope that things would be better. With people like Mr Rader in the world, there was hope, kindness and love, and that would always make a difference. 1. The writer went to Queen City Casket Company to ______.
[&&&& ]A. borrow some money B. ask Mr Rader for help C. sell magazines D. find a job there 2. From the passage we can see the writer was ______ to Mr Rader.
[&&&& ]A. helpful B. grateful C. polite D. kind 3. Mr Rader helped the writer so much mainly because ______.
[&&&& ]A. he wanted to set a good example to his workers B. he wanted to show kindness to the boy C. the writer needed his help D. he wanted others to return his help 4. What does the underlined sentence mean?
[&&&& ]A. If you want somebody's help, you have to help him first. B. You should do the things that others want you to do. C. Before you do anything, think about what others do to you. D. If you want others to do kind things to you, you'd better be kind to them.
来源:0115 期中题
阅读理解。&&&& I went to Ottawa last December. It was my first time to Canada. Because I couldn't go to many places in Ottawa in two days, I learnt a little about the beautiful city. This summer, I went to the city again. A friend once told me Ottawa was the most beautiful in May. But I arrived in late June. Like I did, travelers from different countries enjoy having their holidays there. I lived in a small but nice hotel. There were a lot of storesand restaurants near it. &&&& People in Ottawa are very friendly. One day, I got lost after I went out of a bank. It was hard for me, because my English was poor. Then I saw two boys passing by. I asked them for help. They told me the wayto my hotel. Finally, one of them went back with me. He spoke French well! Two weeks later, I left Ottawa.&&& &I love Ottawa. I hope to visit it again some day. 1. How long did the writer stay in Ottawa last year?
[&&&& ]A. For two days. B. For two weeks. C. For two months. D. We don't know. 2. The writer thought that Ottawa was a good place to _____.
[&&&& ]A. find good jobsB. go shopping C. visit friends D. go for a holiday 3. Where did the writer go before he got lost?
[&&&& ]A. To a restaurant. B. To a post office. C. To a bank.D. To a hospital. 4. When did the writer leave Ottawa this year?
[&&&& ]A. In May. B. In July. C. In June. D. In August. 5. From the passage, we can know ______.
[&&&& ]A. the writer doesn't know Ottawa well B. the writer could speak a lot of English C. the two boys took the writer to the hotel D. the policeman took the writer to go for a holiday
阅读理解。
&&&& John Thomas was an 18-year-old student, but he had been a famous champion. Everybody at Boston University liked this tall, quiet boy. Once he was hurt, everybody at Boston University was sorry. People all over the country talked about John Thomas and often asked, "Will he ever jump again?" &&&& John's mother went to the hospital to see her son. She looked at his broken leg. Then she looked into his eyes. She knew what her son would do. "You're going to jump again, John. I know it," she said. "Everything will be all right."&&& &If John hoped to jump again, he would have a lot to do. He began at once. Even in his hospital bed Johnstarted to exercise. He used a wheel and other mental things. Soon his home looked like a machine shop! &&&& It was May when John left the hospital. "Is it all right if I go camping this summer?" He asked the doctor. &&&& "Yes," the doctor said. "But take it easy on that foot." &&&& John took only short walks at first. He was taking it easy on his foot. But not on anything else. He wentswimming and did other kinds of exercise. He exercised until his body cried for a rest. Some days later, he exercised a little more. In late summer John went back to hospital. He asked if he could practice with his football team. Football wasn't his favorite, but he had to get that leg strong again! He worked hard. "No onepushed him as hard as he pushed himself," said one of his friends. "To see a champion fighting back is a wonderful thing to watch." 1. What was John Thomas like?
[&&&& ]A. He liked playing football. B. He was quiet. C. He was tall and strong.D. He was a champion. 2. What was wrong with him?
[&&&& ]A. He had an accident. B. He was ill in hospital. C. He couldn't jump any more. D. His leg was broken. 3. Which of the following statements is WRONG?
[&&&& ]A. He was cared by the people all over the country. B. He worked hard to make himself strong again. C. He liked a machine shop very much. D. He went camping and did some exercise there. 4. What does the underlined sentence "when his body cried for a rest" mean?
[&&&& ]A. His body often cries. B. When his body was very tired. C. He makes his body cry. D. When his leg makes him tired. 5. We can guess that John Thomas was good at ______.
[&&&& ]A. runningB. playing football C. jumping D. singing
题型:填空题
动词填空。&&& Two men were traveling in a lonely part of America. For days they 1___________ (not see) even a house, only a few wood huts (木房子). Then one day they 2____________ (meet) an old Indian. They hoped that they could use their own language 3____________ (talk) with him. One of them had a little conversation withhim and asked him, "Could you tell us what the weather 4____________ (be) like in the next two days?"&&&&&"Oh, yes," he said. "Rain 5____________ (come), and so is wind. Then there 6____________ (be) a heavysnow for two days, but after that the sun will be shining brightly."&&&&&"Isn't that wonderful?" said the man to his friend. "These old Indians 7____________ (know) many of the secrets of Nature than we do with all our science." Then he 8____________ (turn) to the old man. "Tell mehow you 9___________ (know) all that." &&&& "It 10_____________ (hear) over the radio this morning." The Indian answered.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!阅读理解。
It is August. It is very hot. A young man comes to a forest (森林). He"s walking near the forest. On theleft there is a river and on his right there is a forest. He comes up to the river and wants to swim in it. At thattime he sees a tiger looking at him from the trees. It"s going to jump on him soon.
"What can I do?" the young man is afraid and thinks hard. He knows a tiger runs very fast. What he can only do is to jump into the river! But there is a very big crocodile (鳄鱼) in it. Its mouth is open and is waiting for him there. He"s standing there and doesn"t know what to do. The tiger jumps over him. And soon the young man sees that the tiger is in the mouth of the crocodile!
1. The weather is ______.
A. hot B. rainy C. cloudy
2. The young man want to ______.
A. look for the crocodile B. play with the tigerC. swim in the river
3. ______ wants to eat him.
A. Both the tiger and crocodile B. The tigerC. The crocodile
4. What does the young man do?
A. He runs away from the tiger B. He jumps into the river. C. He just stands there and does nothing
5. What happens (发生) at last?
A. The crocodile is in the mouth of the tiger. B. The young man is in the mouth of the crocodile. C. The tiger is in the mouth of the crocodile.
1-5: ACACC
试题“阅读理解。
It is August....”;主要考察你对
等知识点的理解。
— Is _____ true that Americans eat hamburgers and hot dogs every day? — No, that"s not true, but they are both very popular foods in America.
A. this B. anything C. it D. something
It"s very nice________ pictures for me.
A. of you to draw
B. for you to draw
C. for you drawing
D. of you drawing
It"s very nice _____ pictures for me.
A. of you to draw B. for you to draw C. for you drawing D. of you drawing
高考全年学习规划
该知识易错题
该知识点相似题
高考英语全年学习规划讲师:李辉